• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Maximum smugness. I will brag about it everywhere. I've screencapped all deniers. Will ensure to make it a point that never evers are not a thing and just about anyone can make it. Also will support Banjoboys/Doomchads after.
I'm fairly certain a certain Banjo fan did quote individual K. Rool/Banjo naysayers in their sig, so that helps.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Hey I almost forgot

Before you go comment on geno support vids be carful of these 2
View attachment 187357
They are gonna hound you down making you accept spirits deconfirm this happens to us shantae fans some time ago and they’re doing the same to geno and to the looks of it they seem to be following the logic of characters meaning they don’t want spirits,AT,etc to be playable and I really hate what they’re doing here’s a tweet @GoldLiger helped tweet out for me that better explains the 2
Sorry that there’s a lot of shantae stuff be cause I’m a supporter of her
Literally who? They're just like anyone else who likes to bash peoples requests, don't give them attention. Sorry ya'll have to deal with those losers. Just keep doing ya thing. If ridley can get in with Sakurai outright saying no, then anyone can make it. Just keep your fanbase strong.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Spirits don't deconfirm fighters until Sakurai says so himself. And even then that can change at a moments notice when Sakurai feels like it. So just ignore everyone who says otherwise.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Literally who? They're just like anyone else who likes to bash peoples requests, don't give them attention. Sorry ya'll have to deal with those losers. Just keep doing ya thing. If ridley can get in with Sakurai outright saying no, then anyone can make it. Just keep your fanbase strong.
He never said no, but said more along the lines of "not sure if we can shrink him and still make it work". Otherwise, I agree.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Tonight, on ToasterBoy’s news recap!
- The Geno board turns into Anthony Fantano’s music corner!
- Square Enix reps? I’ve never even met ‘em!
- Sakurai’s exclusive interview! *laughs in japanese*
- Nintendo Direct is cancelled! So is Nintendo!
More tonight at 11:00!

D

Deleted member

I want to know how everyone has felt during this speculation cycle, base roster and DLC.

For the base roster, after the August 8th direct, I was ridiculously hyped for the game. I was expecting fan favorite characters in the game, and this is the Ultimate Smash game after all. I watched TerminalMontage TerminalMontage 's Geno video, and I was 100% convinced that Geno was in. At that point, it was just waiting for his reveal. It seemed like it wasn't the question "if" he would be revealed, but "when." I was imagining a Geno reveal and how glorious it would be.

When Vergeben leaked the Square Enix rep, I thought "why don't you just say that it is Geno? It's pretty much common sense that he is in, and that he is this Square Enix character." People suggested other SE characters and I simply thought "nope. It's Geno." Whenever a leak didn't have Geno, I simply wrote it off as fake. Geno getting in Smash was on my mind every day, and I thought there was no way that he couldn't be in.

Then the Grinch leak came along. I was sad that it didn't include my second most wanted character, Ninten, but it was the Smash bros dream roster regardless. It had the final 3 notable fan favorite characters, the edgy, insanely popular rival, a retro rep that was considered for Melee, the original echo fighter, and the WTF trio of misfits and troublemakers. You don't need to know who these characters are without knowing they would make one of the best video game rosters after reading that description.

The Grinch leak seemed impossible to be fake. So many things pointed in favor of it being real, and it was easy for people to get along with the leak.

Then the final Direct gets announced. My heart beat so fast. It was announced to be 40 minutes. I was ready. The next 2 days after that were painful to wait through. Gamexplain's prediction vid came out, and I decided to watch it. Jon predicted that Geno would be DLC and my simple reaction was "nah. Base roster fam."

I wake up in time for the Direct, and it was the most excited I had been in a while. My months of waiting for Geno to get his well deserved reveal in the spotlight would finally come to an end, and years and decades for many other Geno supporters.

The Direct stars, and oh my goodness my heart beat as fast as Geno is in SMRPG. It was finally time. It was finally time to see our boy in CGI. It was time for his return. It was time for Sakurai to get his wish of including Geno as a fighter in Super Smash Bros.

The moment Incineroar was revealed, my heart dropped. Not because I hate Incineroar, but because it meant that the Grinch leak was fake. I didn't know what to expect. When Sakurai said that Ken and Incineroar were the final newcomers, I thought that he had to have been joking. Surely Geno would be revealed as the final surprise newcomer of the base roster.

Then they end off with Piranha Plant. A character who no one asked for, but was made playable while Shadow, Isaac, and Skull Kid were made assist trophies. I couldn't imagine how the fans of those 3 characters felt. Shadow was assumed by many to just be playable, Isaac was teased multiple times, and Skull Kid wasn't even properly deconfirmed.

The Direct was extremely disappointing. I was sure that Geno would be DLC after the Direct, however.

But so much momentum and hype was lost from the base game to the DLC. I still believe he will be DLC, but it won't have that shock factor if he is not in.

To be so hyped, happy, and sure that he would be in the base game, then for it to keep dragging on if he isn't DLC, would just be a waste of time and hype.

This is how I feel about the Smash Ultimate speculation

link2702

Smash Champion
Man I really wish I could get this goodwill wii working before the deadline of wii shop...it gives the dreaded system files are corrupted message if you don’t boot in maintenance mode.

I feel like there might be points left on the wii shop of it.

Well...if formatting it doesn’t delete em of course. Pretty sure wii points were bound to the actual system itself right?

Well, worse case scenario is I have a spare wii for parts now.

Back on topic; if geno was revealed my reaction be me screaming and cheering my lungs out, immediately followed by my wife running in panicking wondering what’s going on.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I want to know how everyone has felt during this speculation cycle, base roster and DLC.

For the base roster, after the August 8th direct, I was ridiculously hyped for the game. I was expecting fan favorite characters in the game, and this is the Ultimate Smash game after all. I watched TerminalMontage TerminalMontage 's Geno video, and I was 100% convinced that Geno was in. At that point, it was just waiting for his reveal. It seemed like it wasn't the question "if" he would be revealed, but "when." I was imagining a Geno reveal and how glorious it would be.

When Vergeben leaked the Square Enix rep, I thought "why don't you just say that it is Geno? It's pretty much common sense that he is in, and that he is this Square Enix character." People suggested other SE characters and I simply thought "nope. It's Geno." Whenever a leak didn't have Geno, I simply wrote it off as fake. Geno getting in Smash was on my mind every day, and I thought there was no way that he couldn't be in.

Then the Grinch leak came along. I was sad that it didn't include my second most wanted character, Ninten, but it was the Smash bros dream roster regardless. It had the final 3 notable fan favorite characters, the edgy, insanely popular rival, a retro rep that was considered for Melee, the original echo fighter, and the WTF trio of misfits and troublemakers. You don't need to know who these characters are without knowing they would make one of the best video game rosters after reading that description.

The Grinch leak seemed impossible to be fake. So many things pointed in favor of it being real, and it was easy for people to get along with the leak.

Then the final Direct gets announced. My heart beat so fast. It was announced to be 40 minutes. I was ready. The next 2 days after that were painful to wait through. Gamexplain's prediction vid came out, and I decided to watch it. Jon predicted that Geno would be DLC and my simple reaction was "nah. Base roster fam."

I wake up in time for the Direct, and it was the most excited I had been in a while. My months of waiting for Geno to get his well deserved reveal in the spotlight would finally come to an end, and years and decades for many other Geno supporters.

The Direct stars, and oh my goodness my heart beat as fast as Geno is in SMRPG. It was finally time. It was finally time to see our boy in CGI. It was time for his return. It was time for Sakurai to get his wish of including Geno as a fighter in Super Smash Bros.

The moment Incineroar was revealed, my heart dropped. Not because I hate Incineroar, but because it meant that the Grinch leak was fake. I didn't know what to expect. When Sakurai said that Ken and Incineroar were the final newcomers, I thought that he had to have been joking. Surely Geno would be revealed as the final surprise newcomer of the base roster.

Then they end off with Piranha Plant. A character who no one asked for, but was made playable while Shadow, Isaac, and Skull Kid were made assist trophies. I couldn't imagine how the fans of those 3 characters felt. Shadow was assumed by many to just be playable, Isaac was teased multiple times, and Skull Kid wasn't even properly deconfirmed.

The Direct was extremely disappointing. I was sure that Geno would be DLC after the Direct, however.

But so much momentum and hype was lost from the base game to the DLC. I still believe he will be DLC, but it won't have that shock factor if he is not in.

To be so hyped, happy, and sure that he would be in the base game, then for it to keep dragging on if he isn't DLC, would just be a waste of time and hype.

People might call me over dramatic. But I had to step away from anything smash related for like a week after the final direct because it crushed me so hard. It taught me the valuable lesson to not trust everything I see. It's why I am now super skeptical over anyone that claims to be a leaker or an insider and random posts I see on the internet that claim to know everything. It's not worth letting my heart open again. It's actually been pretty easy because all the characters that are being "leaked" are not characters I actually want. It's more disheartening then anything that if true I don't get my picks in yet again for the 4th time. It's actually kinda maddening how even after the grinch leak people are running around treating a random 5chan post as pure fact.

D

Deleted member

The Grinch roster was virtually perfect in my eyes. With how much speculation going on around it, I was certain it could be possible, but nothing guaranteed it, but I wanted it to be real, but it was too perfect. I also watched Terminal Montages video so my Geno hype thrusters were through the roof.

There was a lot of conflict going on. With how much belief and hype was stored in the leak, the people who believed it 100% had pretty much your experience but probably took it worse. I think someone in the Isaac thread even cancelled their switch preorder. When it comes to Smash Bros, I think dreams are only meant to be shattered so might as well try and see the merits of everything else about it. Plus there was a lot of entitlement going on that really showed me what could go wrong with this kind of discussion business. Personally, I was more uncomfortable by fan reactions than the final direct because I knew it would generate disappointment.

For me, it was a learning experience. DO NOT put stock in Smash speculation and appreciate what we have. I'm pretty happy with what he have in the end because the first two out of three directs just knocked the game out of the park and had so much hype around it. The Geno hype speculation was a learning experience, and that learning experience was, "Get another hobby."

They definitely made up for it with Joker, too. I think that was the last kick anyone needed before buying the game and showed us that DLC is in the right hands.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

People might call me over dramatic. But I had to step away from anything smash related for like a week after the final direct because it crushed me so hard. It taught me the valuable lesson to not trust everything I see. It's why I am now super skeptical over anyone that claims to be a leaker or an insider and random posts I see on the internet that claim to know everything. It's not worth letting my heart open again. It's actually been pretty easy because all the characters that are being "leaked" are not characters I actually want. It's more disheartening then anything that if true I don't get my picks in yet again for the 4th time. It's actually kinda maddening how even after the grinch leak people are running around treating a random 5chan post as pure fact.
This isn't over dramatic

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Yeah, for me it was exactly like it was for you, if only with the added epilogue of me watching the game awards and flipping the **** out when Joker was announced. Before that, you could have easily told me that Steve, Katalina, and three clones of Goku would make the roster and I would have believed you out of pessimism.

Still, I will never forget the moment when I saw that boxing ring on Nov 1 and knew it was over. That was crushing.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, for me it was exactly like it was for you, if only with the added epilogue of me watching the game awards and flipping the **** out when Joker was announced. Before that, you could have easily told me that Steve, Katalina, and three clones of Goku would make the roster and I would have believed you out of pessimism.

Still, I will never forget the moment when I saw that boxing ring on Nov 1 and knew it was over. That was crushing.
I will say, Joker announced was a good reveal after the Nov 1 Direct.

Same here with the boxing ring. At first, I just thought it would be to reveal Ken, so my hopes weren't crushed yet. The hope crushing moment was when the character was running up and jumped into the boxing ring. I couldn't think of any other character who had to do with fire and wrestling/martial arts

T2by4

Smash Lord

Yeah when Vergeben said another Square I went back and noticed that Geno had a mii costume in the previous game, remembered k rool had one, and then put two and two together. Was pretty convinced that Geno had an extremely high chance. That coupled with lurking these threads for months and noticing that PolarPanda PolarPanda had tipped off that Geno's name was being mentioned throughout NoA, my hopes had gone up extremely high, however I was not fully 100% convinced.

Grinch Leak I knew was too good to be true, it was EXTREMELY impressive but I STILL had some doubts simply because of how blurry the photo was. Then other leakers came out and said it was fake and at that point I was convinced it was fake around the end of October. At that point I knew that it was far too many characters to be added in such a short time before release, however this thread did give me a little bit of hope, but I was still doubtful. I still supported Incineroar as well despite how much hate he was getting, I just thought that I may as well be prepared for either outcome, and a wrestling character sounds really fun so I wasn't going to be too upset if I saw him.

By the time the last direct rolled around I had the mindset of expect the worst and hope for the best. The second I saw Ken at the ring I immediately knew Incineroar was coming. I love his design and personality so I wasn't too upset, Ken was meh for me. There was no way Sakurai wasn't going to do DLC, I think a majority of us knew that, so I still was expecting Geno to be in. For whatever reason, I remember reading a small tweet that had said that Incineroar and Ken was going to be in with Geno being a special package with purchasing Nintendo online, so my expectations were actually residing on that vague tweet.

As for Piranha Plant I was laughing too hard to be upset. I didn't really think it was Geno as some did with the stars floating the characters head above, I just thought it was some other feature, I had no idea it was PLANT. The sheer absurdity and me remembering "Oh hey, THERE is the joke character for this game." I forgot that there was a joke character every game, and when I saw Piranha Plant I laughed at how ridiculous it was. I had no problems with it.

However I did have a sinking feeling in my stomach when I saw Isaac and Shadow as an AT. I literally made memes and jokes about how Shadow was literally the safest pick out of every character anyone could've chosen to be in, and when I saw him I had a dread feeling about Geno. I knew that things weren't going to go as I thought they would at that point.

Then the cutscene for the main story came which I thought was the best part of the direct, looked really freaking cool, and honestly playing WoL I think it's better than subspace, I thought it was fantastic! I wish it did have more cutscenes, but for what it was it was very enjoyable.

I know for a fact Geno won't be in this DLC. I've gotten over it. However, I have not given up on Geno being in Smash Ultimate. My thoughts is that the Second pass is going to be decided by Sakurai since he mentioned that Nintendo specifically chose the DLC characters this time around. I'm also thinking they're going to do another poll and will emphasize that anyone can get in, including spirits. I don't imagine it would be difficult to update the spirits and slightly change them for lore sake or just add them outright. This also brings me to my next point where even assist trophies STILL HAVE A CHANCE, and that's all thanks to Chrom. Chrom is in a final smash and is his own character, THAT MAKES NO SENSE, RIGHT? Sakurai can do whatever he wants, and that includes adding someone like Isaac and Shadow.

Our Star child will get in someday, let's just the enjoy the journey we take together because once he's in, that's it. Our mission is accomplished and we go our separate ways. It feels like an uphill battle, but once we get to the top of the hill with the stars, it will be all worth it.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Joker crushed me also since I had no clue what the persona games were or who Joker even was (I grew up with Xbox and Nintendo games mostly). There was a lot of word going around that the 1st DLC was guaranteed to be a SE rep and that the two most common heard names were Geno and Sephiroth. I ended up letting my skepticism down for just a moment. It didn't leave me crushed for very long though as when I looked into the game and character I saw his potential. I can't exactly say I am excited for Joker but I can see him playing pretty well and I understand why people are happy for his inclusion.

Last edited:

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone else think about your hypothetical reaction would be to Geno being announced? It's probably lame to admit but I think I'd genuinely tear up if wither Geno or Banjo finally made it in after all these years. The feeling of Ridley and K. Rool getting in was amazing and I think just because of how long I've been posting and discussing Geno here over the past 7 or so months it'll likely be even stronger.
I would definitely tear up/cry. It would mean a lot to my childhood self, so that mixture of nostalgia, joy, and relief would get me tearing up for sure. Then I would blast some Forest Maze remixes from Youtube haha

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace

Not going to lie, but the post-August Direct and pre-September Direct days had to've been the most hyped Smash days ever. Simon Belmont just got revealed, Richter Belmont just got revealed, King K. Rool just got revealed, and I thought for sure Geno would be coming at the end of the next Smash Direct (I thought this because I believed Sakurai was saving his favorite and best for last, plus we got two of the three most requested characters in Smash). I remember seeing and hearing a bunch of great theories about upcoming characters, which really got me hyped. But wow, I really went overboard with my expectations and instead got only three newcomers left. I was so shocked that Geno didn't make it in, especially since his highest chance had to've been Brawl or Ultimate.

The November Direct was the most disappointing Smash Direct I've ever seen in my life. Hearing that we had like a 40 minute Direct, I thought we were going to get 7 character reveals and the rest of the stages revealed because of so much time being crammed into the Direct. I had a plan to sleep-in, buy a good lunch, and watch the Direct right after lunch... guess what? I didn't do it, and I'm glad I didn't do it because I definitely wouldn't have enjoyed my time eating a nice meal with the Direct.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I mean seriously who decided on the team that "Hey we should totally save Ken and Incineroar for the last direct and reveal all the good reveals first". Don't even get me started on 10 minutes being reserved for the options menu and how the assist trophy section was purposely set up to disappoint as many people as possible.

But thats besides the point. Even without the grinch leak and expecting Banjo/Geno I would have been disappointed by that final direct. All the Geno and Banjo speculation probably didn't help.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Ugh, don't remind me of the 11.1 Direct. That was easily my personal biggest Nintendo disappointment since Sticker Star. Even without considering the Grinch Leak or anything of the sort, who thought that going over instruction-manual-tier info like the options menu, deconfirming several popular characters in one fell swoop, and saving the most predictable and anti-hype reveals for last would be a good way to drum up hype going into release day? Everything seemed so hopeful coming off the heels of the August Direct, like this was gonna be the perfect Smash game, never to be topped, and then they dropped that load on us. The only part of that Direct I liked was the World of Light teaser at the end, which while cool, didn't even come close to making up for all the frankly bad news that came before. I was legitimately questioning whether the Piranha Plant reveal was real or not hours after it happened, I kid you not. I love Piranha Plant as much as the next guy, but seeing a generic Mario enemy get in before not only Geno, but most of the Grinch Gang was a real bummer in the moment. (And the memes that came out around that time certainly didn't help either...) That was the day I realized that they're basically adding whoever they feel like at this point and getting invested in speculation is a pointless endeavor.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Ugh, don't remind me of the 11.1 Direct. That was easily my personal biggest Nintendo disappointment since Sticker Star. Even without considering the Grinch Leak or anything of the sort, who thought that going over instruction-manual-tier info like the options menu, deconfirming several popular characters in one fell swoop, and saving the most predictable and anti-hype reveals for last would be a good way to drum up hype going into release day? Everything seemed so hopeful coming off the heels of the August Direct, like this was gonna be the perfect Smash game, never to be topped, and then they dropped that load on us. The only part of that Direct I liked was the World of Light teaser at the end, which while cool, didn't even come close to making up for all the frankly bad news that came before. I was legitimately questioning whether the Piranha Plant reveal was real or not hours after it happened, I kid you not. I love Piranha Plant as much as the next guy, but seeing a generic Mario enemy get in before not only Geno, but most of the Grinch Gang was a real bummer in the moment. (And the memes that came out around that time certainly didn't help either...) That was the day I realized that they're basically adding whoever they feel like at this point and getting invested in speculation is a pointless endeavor.
You're half right. But if it wasn't for the fans, the speculation scene, and the Smash Ballot, we wouldn't have gotten :ultridley: and :ultkrool:.

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Ugh, don't remind me of the 11.1 Direct. That was easily my personal biggest Nintendo disappointment since Sticker Star. Even without considering the Grinch Leak or anything of the sort, who thought that going over instruction-manual-tier info like the options menu, deconfirming several popular characters in one fell swoop, and saving the most predictable and anti-hype reveals for last would be a good way to drum up hype going into release day? Everything seemed so hopeful coming off the heels of the August Direct, and then they dropped that on us. The only part of that Direct I liked was the World of Light teaser at the end, which while cool, didn't even come close to making up for all the frankly bad news that came before. I was legitimately questioning whether the Piranha Plant reveal was real or not hours after it happened, I kid you not. I love Piranha Plant as much as the next guy, but seeing a generic Mario enemy get in before not only Geno, but most of the Grinch Gang was a real bummer in the moment. (And the memes that came out around that time certainly didn't help either...) That was the day I realized that they're basically adding whoever they feel like at this point and getting invested in speculation is a pointless endeavor.
Yeah, I don't blame you. :/

I can't wait for Piranha Plant in February. We can't forget that some of its moves derive from other characters' moves as well, so I consider PP to be a semi-clone. We got one new echo fighter and a new semi-clone for Mario representation, but the only unique Mario newcomers I would see are Geno, Mallow, Captain Toad, and Paper Mario. I think we all know who'd be the most unique in that list... definitely Pauline.

I'll also mention this, @Connorb0t2... There's someone, I will not mention their name, who is a HUGE Geno hater and wants another Mario character in over him; they want Paper Mario in and always talk **** about Geno, telling us why he shouldn't even be in the game. Here's the thing, the Paper Mario series has bombed the past 6 years; Super Mario RPG is still a fan favorite to this day and sold more than every Paper Mario game out there, and the closest that came to SMRPG in sales was Super Paper Mario with a total of 5 million copies sold. Do they not know that if it wasn't for Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario wouldn't even exist? I told them that and they shut up and never replied back because they know it's true, but I still see them in comments all the time expressing their hate for Geno and wanting Paper Mario in the game instead. Just saying, if we got Geno, the next Mario rep I'd support is Paper Mario. Paper Mario is such a unique character for Smash, and I'd love to have his moves derive from Paper Mario 64, TTYD, Super Paper Mario, and Color Splash. (Keep Miyamoto and Sticker Star away from Paper Mario's moveset and we're good.)

I think Sakurai would make a good moveset for Paper Mario, and I believe this because of the Paper Mario stage; the TTYD portion gives me hope.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I still don't understand how Bayonetta won that ballot.
It ****** me off when I heard she won the Smash Ballot instead of somebody really iconic/popular like Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, Tails, or Crash Bandicoot. But I don't care if she won or not anymore, because I finally got my two most wanted characters :ultkrool: and :ultridley: in Ultimate because of the Smash Ballot.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I still don't understand how Bayonetta won that ballot.
I don't think she did, I'm pretty sure she was a cover-up. I believe Cloud was also a cover-up, too.

I got some info from my friend during the beginning of the Smash 4 DLC, telling me that Bayonetta was a planned character for DLC (unless he was just predicting). I didn't believe it until I saw the final Smash 4 presentation, which made me realize he was right all along. I'm also pretty sure someone last year found evidence that Bayonetta was found and already planned to be in Smash 4 before the ballot; Source Gaming announced this. I think Cloud was added because of a personal choice from Sakurai. Sakurai said about 1/4 or 1/3 of the votes were requesting a FF character, but the only characters that relate to Square and that seemed requested most were Geno and Sora. Sakurai went to Nomura and asked him for Cloud, and even Nomura asked Sakurai if he wanted any other FF characters, but he chose Cloud, which was definitely the best decision (Black Mage would've been a good one, too). I believe he wanted a FF character to help build their relationship with Square in order to get a special puppet for one of his future games.

There was no announced real winner, but the true winner had to've been King K. Rool or Ridley.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Geno was only added as a mii costume because of the ballot. I guarantee it. Everyone knows of Geno's popularity. Its just either Square Enix, Nintendo, or Sakurai doesn't want to act on that popularity for one reason or another as of right now.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Geno was only added as a mii costume because of the ballot. I guarantee it. Everyone knows of Geno's popularity. Its just either Square Enix, Nintendo, or Sakurai doesn't want to act on that popularity for one reason or another as of right now.
It's mostly Square-Enix's fault as to why he wasn't in the base game for Ultimate or why he is or not DLC. If it were up to Sakurai, we would have gotten Geno back in Brawl.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...able_in_smash_bros_ultimate_laroundr_february

So, there you have it, PP's next month. Now the clock is ticking, so they're going to have to announce the next character by the end of next month.

She didn't
Bayo being claimed to be the ballot "winner" by Nintendo was born entirely out of the fanbase assuming the suggestion box was an election (and the fine print mentioning the data being used for future games was only on the Japanese site). So, everyone did a boo-boo.

Though at least we know the results of it are getting used. To what extent is what remains to be seen. To me though, the real winner is :ultkrool:.

It's mostly Square-Enix's fault as to why he wasn't in the base game for Ultimate or why he is or not DLC. If it were up to Sakurai, we would have gotten Geno back in Brawl.
Yeah, that's the thing. If they keep this up, we won't get him until there's no one left noteworthy enough to pick from SE.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, there you have it, PP's next month. Now the clock is ticking, so they're going to have to announce the next character by the end of next month.
I think the next direct could be on the 1st because I found something similar to pp
0A8DEA48-997F-4A62-96ED-73FDC374E900.jpeg

Taken from the 4.1.15 direct

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...able_in_smash_bros_ultimate_laroundr_february

Bayo being claimed to be the ballot "winner" by Nintendo was born entirely out of the fanbase assuming the suggestion box was an election (and the fine print mentioning the data being used for future games was only on the Japanese site). So, everyone did a boo-boo.

Though at least we know the results of it are getting used. To what extent is what remains to be seen. To me though, the real winner is :ultkrool:.

Yeah, that's the thing. If they keep this up, we won't get him until there's no one left noteworthy enough to pick from SE.
Yeah, I believe :ultkrool: is the real winner of the Smash Ballot as well due to the evidence of his massive demand and following dominating polls everywhere online and being the number 1 character from the giant collective data poll that was gathered worldwide that Source Gaming cooked up.

I believe Geno might still have a chance, but a small one.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I saw a funny post that gained no traction about a week ago that claimed Dataminers know something they aren't sharing yet. The post claimed there is a fully modeled and textured disk that is attached to the Brave code name. I couldn't help but laugh.

It also claimed that basically everything for Piranha Plant and somethings for Joker are already in the game files as well. The only thing backing this up is that I've been hearing around that people knew about Jack and Brave about a month before it went to the public. So it could make sense how there still might be some hidden information that hasn't quite made its way out yet.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Yeah, I believe :ultkrool: is the real winner of the Smash Ballot as well due to the evidence of his massive demand and following dominating polls everywhere online and being the number 1 character from the giant collective data poll that was gathered worldwide that Source Gaming cooked up.

I believe Geno might still have a chance, but a small one.
Do you remember where Geno landed on that list? Because most poll results I’ve seen have very different placements for specific characters compared to one another. The majority have Geno pretty high up and usually only below some popular veterans that all made it back for SSBU and like 3-4 brand new characters most of whom are now in with SSBU.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
"Polygon: Was that when you split off onto your own company, Armor Project? YH: Actually, I had Armor Project from the very beginning. Back in the day, Enix didn’t have an internal development team so I started Armor Project. It’s like the relationship between an editor and an artist; that’s how it was back then. For a while after the merger, that didn’t really change much since Dragon Quest had this pre-established system of “outsourcing its development.” And Final Fantasy was developed internally [with its own staff], so there wasn’t much of a change for quite some time." From the Creator's mouth saying that DQ was always owned by Enix"

https://www.polygon.com/features/2018/9/20/17876714/yuji-horii-dragon-quest-11-interview(edited)

People are using this to say that there is no '4 companies issue' and that it's just Square and the composer. What say you all to this?

Also, Dai form the DQ mange Adventures of Dai was revealed for Jump Force, but no one seems to care. I for one want to see if SE decides to double-dip and get that double DQ rep. I know that apparently SE has nothing to do with this manga, but it is DQ-related.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This may help debunk the "having a Toriyama-related character would make big companies create conflicts of interest with the competitive scene!" argument.

I bet the Europeans would appreciate Dai more than anywhere else besides Japan, since they got his manga translated twice in France.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom