• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
The music thing is like everything involving Geno in this crazy speculation cycle: it could mean something or it could mean nothing. Going in circles really won't do anything for anyone. That being said...

Man, that Style Savvy song is a jam, though.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
You are missing my point. They got the rights to SMRPG music, even if it wasn't added to the game. They still got the rights to use it, Yoko is composing music for the base game, so there isn't any reason to hold it back
Here's the thing. Rights for usage in the trailer/reveal are not the same thing as rights for usage in the actual product which for whatever reason, Nintendo apparently didn't see worth paying for. There's plenty of plausible reasons for such.
Is relevancy really an excuse still when a large amount of Smash characters are only relevant because they are in Smash?
When it comes to DLC where the characters have to sell on their own merits, it does tend to factor in more than a base roster character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's the thing. Rights for usage in the trailer/reveal are not the same thing as rights for usage in the actual product which for whatever reason, Nintendo apparently didn't see worth paying for. There's plenty of plausible reasons for such.
I don't want to continue the discussion further since it has been dropped, but, again, they still got the rights to the music.

Let's agree to disagree though since, again, the discussion has been dropped

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
After Geno, who would be your 2nd most wanted?
I honestly don't know because my most wanted picks would be complete... the only characters I wanted were Geno and King K. Rool, and I would never ask Sakurai for anything else ever again if they both got in. Other than that, I'll just start supporting others. Here's the next character I'd support for Smash:
**Initiate the instruments**
"GUH-HUH!"

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Does anyone else think about your hypothetical reaction would be to Geno being announced? It's probably lame to admit but I think I'd genuinely tear up if wither Geno or Banjo finally made it in after all these years. The feeling of Ridley and K. Rool getting in was amazing and I think just because of how long I've been posting and discussing Geno here over the past 7 or so months it'll likely be even stronger.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Does anyone else think about your hypothetical reaction would be to Geno being announced? It's probably lame to admit but I think I'd genuinely tear up if wither Geno or Banjo finally made it in after all these years. The feeling of Ridley and K. Rool getting in was amazing and I think just because of how long I've been posting and discussing Geno here over the past 7 or so months it'll likely be even stronger.
I would ****ing scream. Just absolutely scream and celebrate and probably tear up a good amount. I literally cried when K. Rool was announced, so boy, it would be the same for Geno. Even just a revival for him and Mallow outside of Smash would get me just that hyped (as I was in a very real-feeling dream I had last night, siiiigh).

D

Deleted member

Probably the same with how I reacted to K. Rool. I'd be frantically trying to explain how ecstatic I'd be for him and just shout out everything the character is referencing in his game.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I don't think you're alone. Those two character have been asked for since Melee. Many of us have formed the thought that this might be their last chance to ever get into Smash. So I feel like emotions are a lot higher then they normally are. I know I'm going to be crushed yet again if Nintendo and Sakurai decided to go with another JRPG Sword fighter and a Blocky guy with 2 animations.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
but, again, they still got the rights to the music.
For one trailer. That has no connection to the game it was for: Smash 4. And we haven't heard a kick from it since.

Unlike the spirits theory, there's no logical pattern here so far. You'd be arguing that Shantae, Shovel Knight, Twintelle, Rayman, etc, are all suspicious spirits who don't have music, when there's really no rhyme or reason there.

As for why Nintendo would hold back on the rights, countless reasons have been given. More costly, they don't really see the point, spirits don't necessitate music from the same series, and also, it's been over 3 years. A lot can change in that time.

I've no qualms with hope raising efforts, but you can't go off with conjecture. You need some evidence more refined and zeroed in. Not something that doesn't even have past foundations to fall back on.

D

Deleted member

Same. I will cry and post here WE DID IT and brag to all the haters and detractors and make 'em eat their words lol

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon Jovahexeon Joranvexeon I think you missed the part where the discussion was dropped

Last edited by a moderator:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Honestly, the most frustrating thing when it comes to Geno is that, with his spirit in the game and his Mii costume being one of the few unupgraded ones in the last game, he feels so close to the finish line. His best opportunity feels like now, now when Nintendo's been focusing on a lot of fanservice, now after the Mii costume, now after Square and Nintendo's relationship has smoothed over massively, yet it still hasn't happened. If he doesn't get in this time, unless SMRPG gets a massively successful revival, I honestly don't think he ever will. It feels so all-or-nothing.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, the most frustrating thing when it comes to Geno is that, with his spirit in the game and his Mii costume being one of the few unupgraded ones in the last game, he feels so close to the finish line. His best opportunity feels like now, now when Nintendo's been focusing on a lot of fanservice, now after the Mii costume, now after Square and Nintendo's relationship has smoothed over massively, yet it still hasn't happened. If he doesn't get in this time, unless SMRPG gets a massively successful revival, I honestly don't think he ever will. It feels so all-or-nothing.
It's the ultimate game and it unfortunately has to leave us with the ultimate tease. I honestly accept my Big 3 will be better off in Smash 6 as is because how everything points away from them now. See me again in 2026, lol.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
It's the ultimate game and it unfortunately has to leave us with the ultimate tease. I honestly accept my Big 3 will be better off in Smash 6 as is because how everything points away from them now. See me again in 2026, lol.
It's been a surreal cycle. I'm shocked at how off and on good Phoenix Wright's chances have finally gotten with this game of all Smash games.

D

Deleted member

I still have confidence Geno will make it in wave 1 :)

If he isn't in wave 1 though, I think he will be unlikely, but I won't lose all hope, especially with Operation Starfall

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I still have confidence Geno will make it in wave 1 :)

If he isn't in wave 1 though, I think he will be unlikely, but I won't lose all hope, especially with Operation Starfall
It's funny because I'm the opposite. I think his chances for wave 1 are shot, but as miscellaneous DLC and such, my hopes are still strong. Hang in there, folks.

D

Deleted member

It's been a surreal cycle. I'm shocked at how off and on good Phoenix Wright's chances have finally gotten with this game of all Smash games.
Capcom itself is very stable with Smash Bros. I'm shocked with how naturally it fits into the series, and Phoenix would be no exception (especially thanks to seeing him in UMvC3). (Also personally I'd rather have Viewtiful to pander to my gamecube nostalgia but watcha gonna do?)

Anything specific that Wright has over other Capcom representatives?

Also Namco potentially getting another fighter has me anticipated because I have a weirdly fleshed out history with their series but not a lot of play time. Mainly Soul Calibur, Tekken, and Tales Of.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I been askin for this ***** since literally 2008 (as a ****in 14 year old) I'M GETTING TIRED OF WAITING FOR MY MAN GENO.
Hey, Sanji-- I mean... ETWIST, would you have a nosebleed if Geno was revealed?
People over in the Square thread are already worrying Erdrick won't get in the NEXT smash. God, people can be so ungrateful...
Despite me loving Cloud and being a Cloud main, I don't even see Cloud being in the next Smash game either; Sakurai had to sacrifice an arm, limb, hand, and make a 5-star meal for Square to get Cloud in Ultimate's base roster. If Erdrick is in and there's a new Smash game coming out, to be honest, I don't even see Erdrick returning at all. He's basically going to be the next one-timer like Pichu and Young Link were. That's why I don't want Erdrick, because he's only there for promotion and will only appear once and never again. I like it when third-parties make it in Smash and stay here for a long time, like Sonic for example. Fun fact: Sonic is actually the only third-party character to make it in Smash three times in a row. If Geno were to make it in, I could see him returning for a second time because Sakurai will try to get him again; I have a feeling if Square was more cooperative and Geno did make it back in Brawl, I believe he also would've been a returning veteran in Smash 3DS/Wii U & Ultimate.

I honestly see these characters being cut from the next Smash game, that IS if there will be one in 6-10 years.

-Corrin
-Lucario or Greninja
-Isabelle
-Wolf
-Cloud
-Toon Link
-Simon Belmont
-Richter Belmont
-Snake
-Erdrick (If he's in)

domriver

Smash Lord
Hello Geno members
You know aside from all the leaks and what we have seen. I think what is causing (now i don't mean for everyone but probably for alot of people, myself included) is that Sakurai went out of way to mention Geno in the last iteration of smash in direct/interviews and said he wants this character as a fighter. Gave us alot of hope for him in Ultimate - now that its here and we see nothing but him as a spirit and not to many leaks which are in Geno's favor well i guess it kinda begs the question to Sakurai. So whats going with Geno? I think if Sakurai finally talks about him and just gets it over with at some point we can have some sort of closure to all this. My hope is good news but if it isn't i kinda want to hear it like asap. But from official statement and/or Sakurai. Not leakers claiming to know it all.
On a happy note: Having Geno and/or Banjo-Kazooie revealed would give me the same satisfying feeling/emotion when King K Rool and Ridley was revealed!

D

Deleted member

Despite me loving Cloud and being a Cloud main, I don't even see Cloud being in the next Smash game either; Sakurai had to sacrifice an arm, limb, hand, and make a 5-star meal for Square to get Cloud in Ultimate's base roster. If Erdrick is in and there's a new Smash game coming out, to be honest, I don't even see Erdrick returning at all. He's basically going to be the next one-timer like Pichu and Young Link were. That's why I don't want Erdrick, because he's only there for promotion and will only appear once and never again. I like it when third-parties make it in Smash and stay here for a long time, like Sonic for example. Fun fact: Sonic is actually the only third-party character to make it in Smash three times in a row. If Geno were to make it in, I could see him returning for a second time because Sakurai will try to get him again; I have a feeling if Square was more cooperative and Geno did make it back in Brawl, I believe he also would've been a returning veteran in Smash 3DS/Wii U & Ultimate.

I honestly see these characters being cut from the next Smash game, that IS if there will be one in 6-10 years.

-Corrin
-Lucario or Greninja
-Isabelle
-Wolf
-Cloud
-Toon Link
-Simon Belmont
-Richter Belmont
-Snake
-Erdrick (If he's in)
I could see Cloud returning as DLC for future Smash games, if the reason why he was the final veteran in Ultimate was because SE wanted him back as DLC. If it was because they just outright didn't want Cloud to be in any Smash game, base roster or DLC, then I couldn't see him returning. But yeah, I doubt he would be in the base roster of any Smash game after this one

D

Deleted member

-Corrin
-Lucario or Greninja
-Isabelle
-Wolf
-Cloud
-Toon Link
-Simon Belmont
-Richter Belmont
-Snake
-Erdrick (If he's in)
Man, I can't even predict what Smash 6 would be like when we can't even predict the DLC roster for Smash 5. I was never expecting Everyone is Here so I'm going to just wait for when it happens. Everyone is Here for Smash 6 is probably not likely depending on circumstances in the future, but I'm not going to predict who is cut.

D

Deleted member

-Corrin
-Lucario or Greninja
-Isabelle
-Wolf
-Cloud
-Toon Link
-Simon Belmont
-Richter Belmont
-Snake
-Erdrick (If he's in)
No not Wolf :(

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Man, I can't even predict what Smash 6 would be like when we can't even predict the DLC roster for Smash 5. I was never expecting Everyone is Here so I'm going to just wait for when it happens. Everyone is Here for Smash 6 is probably not likely depending on circumstances in the future, but I'm not going to predict who is cut.
Sakurai stated in an interview that he thinks "Everyone is Here" might not happen again, but I KNOW it will happen again when Sakurai makes his final Super Smash Brothers game and retires... I just know it. Delivering his final game with a big bang and a grand finale. Sakurai said he doesn't plan on making another one in 10 years, but I honestly wish this WAS the final game because they could just keep adding new content, whether it's DLC or not, in new updates. Don't hate me for this, but we know all good things must come to an end. Grand Theft Auto 5 has been out since 2013 and has received multiple updates over the years that add new content for its players, so perhaps we'll see more DLC content, Home-Run Contest, Break the Targets, and Stage Builder in future updates. And I don't mind waiting 9-10 years for a new Smash Brothers game, but I probably won't be gaming as much or anymore when the time comes.
No not Wolf :(
I actually think Wolf will be replaced next Smash game; I see Krystal taking his place as a newcomer.
I could see Cloud returning as DLC for future Smash games, if the reason why he was the final veteran in Ultimate was because SE wanted him back as DLC. If it was because they just outright didn't want Cloud to be in any Smash game, base roster or DLC, then I couldn't see him returning. But yeah, I doubt he would be in the base roster of any Smash game after this one
Yeah, I definitely do not see Cloud returning for the base roster. Perhaps in the next Smash game that includes DLC, they'll add another one of their characters from a series they develop: Sora and Crono come to mind, same with Lara Croft.

Last edited:

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
disbelief, panic, shots, dancing, more shots.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Because of some recent comments made by the Nintendo CEO about DLC (no guarantee of course). I very well see Wave 2 happening with a huge showrunner to advertise it. Especially if Sakurai isn't going to make another Smash game for the next 10 years. Nintendo might be using wave 1 to judge fan reactions and to see how big of a demand the "Never evers" actually have. Geno or Banjo could be that wave 2 showrunner.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion

-Corrin
-Lucario or Greninja
-Isabelle
-Wolf
-Cloud
-Toon Link
-Simon Belmont
-Richter Belmont
-Snake
-Erdrick (If he's in)
Not isabelle ;p;
I could see them cutting a link though; but why do you think Toon over young link, out of curiosity?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I don't think Isabelle is going anywhere. She is to beloved in Japan. I see villager going before she does.
I can see Wolf being replaced. I personally forget he is in the game till I accidentally hover my cursor over him.
Toon Link is going to stay. Young Link is the redundant one.

Last edited:

bomamba

Smash Cadet
Honestly stupefied at how everything came into place for this to happen. All I have to say is this. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcz_kDCBTBk

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay, breathe for a second people.

Let's take an analogy here. Back in 98, after the Orochi Saga was concluded, SNK released a Dream Match game that compiled nearly everyone that was playable in King of Fighters up to that point.

Did they end it after that? Of course not, it lived on. In fact, they even later did a newer version that added those that missed the boat the first time around, as well as some other few dream match games, but that's besides the point.

Just because the next game won't necessarily have everyone again won't make the series any lesser for it, so long as further quality-of-life improvements accompany future newcomers (and unlike SNK Nintendo possibly won't run into any big financial problems in the interim).

And you can bet your ass that a lot of people will miss PP if he gets cut.

I honestly don't know because my most wanted picks would be complete... the only characters I wanted were Geno and King K. Rool, and I would never ask Sakurai for anything else ever again if they both got in. Other than that, I'll just start supporting others. Here's the next character I'd support for Smash:
**Initiate the instruments**
"GUH-HUH!"
At least the piece of evidence they have is far less ambiguous than anything with Geno, somehow.

Whoa what’s going on?

Everything ok?
It's fine, they just argued over a music track that was used to promote a Mii costume.

Sometimes I wonder if supporting multiple characters makes you the voice of reason...

Because of some recent comments made by the Nintendo CEO about DLC (no guarantee of course). I very well see Wave 2 happening with a huge showrunner to advertise it. Especially if Sakurai isn't going to make another Smash game for the next 10 years. Nintendo might be using wave 1 to judge fan reactions and to see how big of a demand the "Never evers" actually have. Geno or Banjo could be that wave 2 showrunner.
Might be cool. Although it doesn't hurt that anything Ultimate will sell well regardless of what happens. At this stage you could even sell an Amiibo in a brown paper bag and people would still buy it.

"Finally, they can rest."

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Okay, breathe for a second people.

Let's take an analogy here. Back in 98, after the Orochi Saga was concluded, SNK released a Dream Match game that compiled nearly everyone that was playable in King of Fighters up to that point.

Did they end it after that? Of course not, it lived on. In fact, they even later did a newer version that added those that missed the boat the first time around, as well as some other few dream match games, but that's besides the point.

Just because the next game won't necessarily have everyone again won't make the series any lesser for it, so long as further quality-of-life improvements accompany future newcomers (and unlike SNK Nintendo possibly won't run into any big financial problems in the interim).

And you can bet your *** that a lot of people will miss PP if he gets cut.

At least the piece of evidence they have is far less ambiguous than anything with Geno, somehow.

It's fine, they just argued over a music track that was used to promote a Mii costume.

Sometimes I wonder if supporting multiple characters makes you the voice of reason...

Might be cool. Although it doesn't hurt that anything Ultimate will sell well regardless of what happens. At this stage you could even sell an Amiibo in a brown paper bag and people would still buy it.

"Finally, they can rest."
I dunno... I feel like a large roster is what makes Smash better than the other fighting games out there. If there are massive cuts; what motivation do I have to buy the next one? I know it's an ordeal to program this many fighters, but that's how I feel. Again; I know this is an unrealistic wish..

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
It would probably be something like

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

I dunno... I feel like a large roster is what makes Smash better than the other fighting games out there. If there are massive cuts; what motivation do I have to buy the next one? I know it's an ordeal to program this many fighters, but that's how I feel. Again; I know this is an unrealistic wish..
The motivation is that we get like 15 newcomers instead of just 6 and that means higher chances of Geno.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Maximum smugness. I will brag about it everywhere. I've screencapped all deniers. Will ensure to make it a point that never evers are not a thing and just about anyone can make it. Also will support Banjoboys/Doomchads after.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Maximum smugness. I will brag about it everywhere. I've screencapped all deniers. Will ensure to make it a point that never evers are not a thing and just about anyone can make it. Also will support Banjoboys/Doomchads after.
I would say how smug I would be about it but I think you are doing to much better plus more.

D

Deleted member

Hey I almost forgot

Before you go comment on geno support vids be carful of these 2
A30FD090-484A-4621-9AC8-E324AA97907F.jpeg

They are gonna hound you down making you accept spirits deconfirm this happens to us shantae fans some time ago and they’re doing the same to geno and to the looks of it they seem to be following the logic of characters meaning they don’t want spirits,AT,etc to be playable and I really hate what they’re doing here’s a tweet GoldLiger GoldLiger helped tweet out for me that better explains the 2
Sorry that there’s a lot of shantae stuff be cause I’m a supporter of her

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I have no idea what youre talking about. You basically just made up a way to look at what I said, cuz I was really just talking about expectations in an open way (not policing), and not about lessening hype or supporting a character or whatever.

Is it just me or are people less nice to me since I switched my avatar? :upsidedown:
I love your avatar, personally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom