• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
im just confused about all the copyright stuff from that year...
It is. It's super frustrating. We now have a narrative that Steve and Sephiroth were decided before Ultimate even came out but Min Min wasn't decided until the summer of 2019. According to Imran Khan, work on Season 2 didn't officially begin until sometime around E3 2019. This leaves some big questions about the remaining packs of Season 2. It's pretty reasonable to expect that at least one more was decided back in 2018 or even earlier but the order is kind of confusing.

We've technically been in this situation before with the Fighter's Pass. According to RARE, work on Banjo for Smash started around E3 2018. According to Sakurai, he always sets a spot aside for a new Pokemon and Fire Emblem character with each new game. In this regard, Byleth was technically decided 3 years before Banjo but came out two character packs later. Supposedly Steve began work in 2015 but there was a 13 month gap between the release of Banjo and Steve. Needless to say, from an outside perspective, the development timeline is extremely confusing.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Great, now people on Twitter are making up that Sakurai wanted Geno to be a Deluxe and playable but Square wouldn't allow it. :rolleyes: The only thing I could ever see is he wanted him in Brawl but they couldn't work it out, but I truly believe that he just hasn't felt he's important enough.
Going by the source that the quote is from (this article), it seems like he wanted to include him in Smash 4 as well, and the Mii costume was the closest that they could get. It doesn't seem like a character being "important enough" is a reason to exclude them, given that Melee alone gave us two Japan-exclusive characters (one of which was from a game that wasn't even out yet in any region), the main characters of a one-off NES game that would otherwise be completely forgotten, and an amalgamation of 20+ different unrelated games. (and that's not even getting into the rest of the Smash Bros. series, which has given us plenty of obscure, lesser-known, minor, or irrelevant characters being promoted to playable status)

Last edited:

Urso_Ornitier

Smash Apprentice
Great, now people on Twitter are making up that Sakurai wanted Geno to be a Deluxe and playable but Square wouldn't allow it. :rolleyes: The only thing I could ever see is he wanted him in Brawl but they couldn't work it out, but I truly believe that he just hasn't felt he's important enough.
Isn't saying things like that just putting things you believe are happening in Sakurai's mind. This is the exact same thing you are hating against when people believe Sakurai wanted him in.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
We've technically been in this situation before with the Fighter's Pass. According to RARE, work on Banjo for Smash started around E3 2018. According to Sakurai, he always sets a spot aside for a new Pokemon and Fire Emblem character with each new game. In this regard, Byleth was technically decided 3 years before Banjo but came out two character packs later. Supposedly Steve began work in 2015 but there was a 13 month gap between the release of Banjo and Steve. Needless to say, from an outside perspective, the development timeline is extremely confusing.
BZZZZT-
Steve didn't start work in 2015, but the NEGOCIATION for him started back them. Seems that negociating for Steve in smash took a LOOOONG time, even longer than any Square-Enix characters (remember, according to Sakurai, he expected to get thrown out for asking for Cloud but they just said "Yeah sure. But don't you want a new character?" And he expected to just get Slime for Dragon Quest and Square-Enix went "Oh wait, you're sure you don't want not one, not two, not three but four heroes?" )

So really, negociation and the whole legal stuff is probably what takes MOST of the time, even YEARS for some characters. I wouldn't be surprised if the "Character that almost didn't make it in" back then wasn't Cloud but Snake as Sakurai maybe tried to get him back to Smash 4, but it was in the middle of the Konami vs Kojima fiasco and the whole "MGS PLAGIED MUSICS" from a composer.
And I'm going to guess that getting back Snake even after Kojima just left to do Death Stranding was probably hard, and the Belmonts were his "FailSafe" in case he couldn't get Snake

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, a new year on the horizon and it's very heavily implied that the next Smash character will be in March. Nintendo said in September that development was "back to normal" so now comes the question we've been asking since September 2019: when's the next Direct?

A good argument towards looking at the recent global Indie Direct can definitely be made. Thankfully, Indie Directs have a fairly short history going back to only 2017 so it's not too hard to observe consistencies. The range between Indie Directs and "major" Directs is one week to a month. This said, our range based on past precedent is December 22nd to January 15th. A vast majority fall in the two week range (which would be December 29th) but I genuinely doubt it in this case simply because of the close proximity to New Years'.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If you mean that list I do not buy it. On two occassions Sakurai's opinion was vetoed (Byleth and Min Min) and then somebody from Nintendo heavily prioritised Minecraft even though Sakurai implied he did not want it and the whole presentation felt like his heart was not in it like the Sephiroth one. There seems to be too much "you ARE adding this" for him to have freely picked. Even if everybody who gets in was on that list it is so broad and includes a lot of heavily speculated names.

Nintendo have obviously restricted his say on the roster this time.
I’m not talking about the list, I’m talking about a leak that also mentioned SMRPG info regarding Square-Enix including their feelings about Smash fans asking for Geno:

It also doesn’t mention Min Min nor Byleth, or most DLC tbh, just Erdrick, Steve, and Sephiroth, so it could be fake, but the Geno stuff still has me concerned.

Also, I don’t understand; aside from being lonely at home and likely tired from dev work, he seemed enthusiastic in the Steve presentation; he even had a diamond pickaxe/sword toy he seemed happy to use, showed and was curious about Steve amiibo. He was likely tired during what he said after Steve’s reveal and was likely just explaining he doesn’t pick the characters, which could imply he wasn’t just picking his favorites since he loves Minecraft, and plus he was even being humorous; “It’s impossible...so I laid it out straight for them: yes, I can do it!” not to mention he can veto an idea if he really doesn’t feel like he can make it work, he said so himself in a Famitsu column. Plus, he showed off images of epic stuff he built in Minecraft, all in survival mode.

Sakurai even said a bit more in a short video for Minecraft Live, and in Mojang’s latest Q&A video, Smash was brought up and Sakurai being a super fan was mentioned. I highly doubt he hated the idea of Steve in Smash; nothing implied he did at all, rather the opposite. He even had a column entirely about Minecraft before Steve got in Smash, showing how much he liked it. He was likely just frustrated with dev work.

And nothing was said about him going against Byleth and Min Min. He even seemed to like Min Min and, while he likely wouldn’t have chosen Byleth himself based on what we know, he still had fun with them too.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
When I look at the latest Sakurai's pic of the day showing Bowser, Mario, and Geno's Mii Costume facing Safer Sephiroth, I don't only see the SMRPG Culex battle reference. I'm getting the vibes of a galaxy-brain fake-out. Thinking about it deeper (down the rabbit hole), the moment Mario and Co. met with Culex in a way showed the possibility of worlds as diverse as Mario's and Final Fantasy could somehow be interconnected.

The idea of worlds crossing over is something that gained traction since the first games started incorporating that idea (i.e. Marvel vs Capcom, Final Fantasy V, Kingdom Hearts, and of course Super Smash Bros.). Here we have Super Smash Bros. Ultimate which is currently the biggest crossover in gaming history (as stated by Reggie back at TGA 2018). With Ultimate's DLC, said crossover expanded a bit more with the additions of Joker, Hero, Banjo & Kazooie, Terry Bogard, and Steve. Of course, within Smash lore this crossing over of worlds takes place within the imaginary world (a world of fiction... hmm... now where have I heard that concept before?).

This year is bound to be exciting (hopefully). Let us look forward to what's in store. :chrono:

Colololin

Smash Cadet
I’m not talking about the list, I’m talking about a leak that also mentioned SMRPG info regarding Square-Enix including their feelings about Smash fans asking for Geno:

People will need to research the current Copyright holdings involved. I cannot see the issue with Geno being in is from SE's side because they did still spprove his Mii costume so they do not seem to have a problem with Smash representation (unless they actually have a problem with him taking a primary spot). The part about Mario RPG could be true but there are definitely holes here.

It makes no mention of Monster Hunter despite implications there was a character of some kind in development at one point yet it makes no mention of that but the Sora thing is the biggest red flag here. If they were adding KH they would lay ground so both parties understand each other. No way would Sora have been reluctance of any kind due to Disney's characters, it would either have been Disney flat out rejecting the idea or charging too much for the rights to the IP. Despite what that Disney Japan exec was quoted to say, what do you expect him to say? He cannot come out and admit things as they are.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
When I look at the latest Sakurai's pic of the day showing Bowser, Mario, and Geno's Mii Costume facing Safer Sephiroth, I don't only see the SMRPG Culex battle reference. I'm getting the vibes of a galaxy-brain fake-out. Thinking about it deeper (down the rabbit hole), the moment Mario and Co. met with Culex in a way showed the possibility of worlds as diverse as Mario's and Final Fantasy could somehow be interconnected.

The idea of worlds crossing over is something that gained traction since the first games started incorporating that idea (i.e. Marvel vs Capcom, Final Fantasy V, Kingdom Hearts, and of course Super Smash Bros.). Here we have Super Smash Bros. Ultimate which is currently the biggest crossover in gaming history (as stated by Reggie back at TGA 2018). With Ultimate's DLC, said crossover expanded a bit more with the additions of Joker, Hero, Banjo & Kazooie, Terry Bogard, and Steve. Of course, within Smash lore this crossing over of worlds takes place within the imaginary world (a world of fiction... hmm... now where have I heard that concept before?).

This year is bound to be exciting (hopefully). Let us look forward to what's in store. :chrono:
Surely you aren't suggesting Geno still has a chance? It would be extremely improbable and at this point I think it would reflect bad on us if we were given both him AND a mii costume to those that don't get us. Not sure if I want Geno to be considered a "Double add"

Last edited:

S1itchey

Smash Apprentice
Surely you aren't suggesting Geno still has a chance? It would be extremely improbable and at this point I think it would reflect bad on us if we were given both him AND a mii costume to those that don't get us. Not sure if I want Geno to be considered a "Double add"
I dont think it would look that bad. His Mii costume isnt new it's a returning one so there's already assets to use. Plus with how much people are crapping on us now it would be nice to stick it to them and see their stupid reactions and outbursts

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
So...what are all of your thoughts on that rumor/“leak” with Chun-Li, Sephiroth, Steve etc., Square-Enix apparently having offered Nintendo all the SMRPG stuff aside from the Final Fantasy stuff it had, and them not being sure if Geno fans were serious or not since we kept focusing on Smash even when we mentioned a new SMRPG as well since it was alongside Smash, so they didn’t want him associated with just Smash and may be why he’s only a mii and a spirit with Mallow since fighters are the main focus/big thing?

It’s probably all fake, as Steve and the seven squares stuff was being discussed around the time the “leak” was made, but I wonder if at least some of the Square-Enix stuff is realistic, and if we should focus more on asking for a new game before Smash so they know we’re serious...

I mean, yeah, they sound dumb to not think we just love the character and game, but maybe they thought it’d make more sense to ask for him to be in more Mario stuff and for a new SMRPG and stuff...even if the leak is fake I just wonder...

And it sounds even more realistic now since we know Square-Enix isn’t actually that stingy, and it’s just artwork owners (maybe?) and, as Sakurai said, the different companies with music rights in different countries and stuff...
I think this leak isn't fake AT THIS POINT, but it's a picture of it's time (Dec 2018). A lot of stuff talked about falls into place with other things that happened/we discovered over time, so now we have to wait and see if another detail from it comes true: I'm not really sure about Chun-Li right now (it is possible still), but a Tales of rep (Lloyd and/or Yuri) would be a big boost to this information. Also, on the Geno part: the most important takeaway from it is that a new SMRPG would have to come first or alongside the character for them to agree, and the game may very well be on it's way...

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I dont think it would look that bad. His Mii costume isnt new it's a returning one so there's already assets to use. Plus with how much people are crapping on us now it would be nice to stick it to them and see their stupid reactions and outbursts
Honestly, the situation really isn't that different now from when Geno was a spirit in the base game and we were told by like 95% of the fanbase that spirit promotions were literally impossible for a year and a half. Mii costumes and assist trophy promotions are just the next chapter in the Smash fanbase setting itself to fall head over heels down yet another 5,000 step staircase before this game comes to a close.

Awkwah

Smash Apprentice
Thought about it more. The tag line of "Everyone is Here!" could mean more than just characters. It would be a shame to miss out on all mii costumes. So all the costumes could in sense fall in line with "everyone is here."

I am fairly certain some costumes are already "upgraded" to assist or some other representation in the game. And on top of that we are missing stages, but is a stage considered to be a part of "everyone" would that be more of the line of "everything" is here? Just food for thought. Shouldn't be taken as any sort of evidence. Cause it would be a shame to miss out on some costumes like k rool for a mii.

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
People will need to research the current Copyright holdings involved. I cannot see the issue with Geno being in is from SE's side because they did still spprove his Mii costume so they do not seem to have a problem with Smash representation (unless they actually have a problem with him taking a primary spot). The part about Mario RPG could be true but there are definitely holes here.

It makes no mention of Monster Hunter despite implications there was a character of some kind in development at one point yet it makes no mention of that but the Sora thing is the biggest red flag here. If they were adding KH they would lay ground so both parties understand each other. No way would Sora have been reluctance of any kind due to Disney's characters, it would either have been Disney flat out rejecting the idea or charging too much for the rights to the IP. Despite what that Disney Japan exec was quoted to say, what do you expect him to say? He cannot come out and admit things as they are.
even if the Japan leak is fake I still see where it’s coming from and I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what’s Happening behind the scene with smrpg. I feel like the demand for Geno is quite divided and comes from a lot of different areas over the internet. Some want a remake, some want to see Geno in smash, others say they’re fine with a mii and others say they just wanna see Geno again.

Maybe it is a case of square torn between what people actually want. Our way forward is gonna be getting that remake and to be fair I think square would be okay about that. We just need to get it now.

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
I think Geno for Smash on the Switch is over - but he has a pretty decent chance for the next game imo. The whole "Everyone is Here" thing took priority with the Square negotiations most likely and, ironically, Geno's connections to the Smash community probably made him not desirable from a DLC standpoint, which I get. I think it was just a lot of unfortunate timing and all that.

But yeah we will see for the next Smash game - whether it be an Ultimate port or a new game. The Geno stuff took over a lot of the discussion from the Sephiroth presentation so they know the demand is there, but I think it's a reasonable idea from a company perspective to want to branch out to encourage brand new people to buy the DLC packs. If Geno ever makes it into Smash in Smash's lifetime it's either gotta be a bonus character like Piranha Plant or a base game character.

I don't think anything was intentionally hostile it was just bad timing for everything. Now that K. Rool, Banjo, and Ridley ARE in the game, however, I think Geno bumped up some spots for priority in terms of base roster.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Honestly, the situation really isn't that different now from when Geno was a spirit in the base game and we were told by like 95% of the fanbase that spirit promotions were literally impossible for a year and a half. Mii costumes and assist trophy promotions are just the next chapter in the Smash fanbase setting itself to fall head over heels down yet another 5,000 step staircase before this game comes to a close.
I can see this line of logic but why would they release Geno's Mii costume if he was gonna be playable? Or why not package the costume with, well, Geno if absolutely all costumes need to return, where it would be released alongside other Super Mario RPG costumes? To me, having the Mii costume released now tells me they didn't have any plans for Geno to be playable this pass. Or if he was in the pass and the Mii costume is somehow a hint to his inclusion, they'd be tipping their hand, which is something the Smash team seems to want to steer very much away from. If they announce a third pass or bonus standalone fighters, maybe I'll change my tune, since those would obviously be greenlit and decided later.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I can see this line of logic but why would they release Geno's Mii costume if he was gonna be playable? Or why not package the costume with, well, Geno if absolutely all costumes need to return, where it would be released alongside other Super Mario RPG costumes? To me, having the Mii costume released now tells me they didn't have any plans for Geno to be playable this pass. Or if he was in the pass and the Mii costume is somehow a hint to his inclusion, they'd be tipping their hand, which is something the Smash team seems to want to steer very much away from. If they announce a third pass or bonus standalone fighters, maybe I'll change my tune, since those would obviously be greenlit and decided later.
I get the feeling that all the costumes are going to come back anyways so I'm coming to the realization that any Mii costume promotion was doomed to be "scummy." If it's Geno it would be scummy but it's the same case if it were Heihachi or Travis or Rex or Knuckles or whoever. If a character that's both a Mii costume and assist trophy makes the jump, it's even more scummy because they could have just made someone like Isaac playable in the base game but decided "nope, let's charge $7 bucks extra for it and make them wait two years." That's sort of the weird situation with all of this: a vast majority of Mii costume and assist trophy promotions would be straight up **** moves but Nintendo has pissed off the fanbase far worse with this game to where Geno or Issac or Bomberman suddenly being paid DLC wouldn't even crack the top 5 offenses made with this game.

Last edited:

cosmicB

Smash Ace
We haven't even gotten a base game costume upgrade. If we were looking at another rule break, I'd expect that more than a post-release PAID one. We even got some great contenders like Dixie or Saki.

I get the feeling that all the costumes are going to come back anyways so I'm coming to the realization that any Mii costume promotion was doomed to be "scummy." If it's Geno it would be scummy but it's the same case if it were Heihachi or Travis or Rex or Knuckles or whoever. If a character that's both a Mii costume and assist trophy makes the jump, it's even more scummy because they could have just made someone like Isaac playable in the base game but decided "nope, let's charge $7 bucks extra for it and make them wait two years." That's sort of the weird situation with all of this: a vast majority of Mii costume and assist trophy promotions would be straight up **** moves but Nintendo has pissed off the fanbase far worse with this game to where Geno or Issac or Bomberman suddenly being paid DLC wouldn't even crack the top 5 offenses made with this game.
You are not paying for the Isaac assist trophy. You are paying to play hit 2018 game, Super Smash Bros Ultimate which has the Isaac assist trophy and wig in it.

You ARE paying for the Geno Mii costume.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Regarding Lloyd's situation, I think it's suspicious all the other characters that were Mii costumes in Smash 4 appeared in Ultimate as either a playable character, Assist Trophy, stage cameo, Spirit, or in a taunt of Pac-Man's. Lloyd nor the Tales series have any content whatsoever in the game zero.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
We haven't even gotten a base game costume upgrade. If we were looking at another rule break, I'd expect that more than a post-release PAID one. We even got some great contenders like Dixie or Saki.

You are not paying for the Isaac assist trophy. You are paying to play hit 2018 game, Super Smash Bros Ultimate which has the Isaac assist trophy and wig in it.

You ARE paying for the Geno Mii costume.
Given it's a 75 cent costume of recycled assets, does it really matter? Either way, it's like I said earlier, if the plan was to make Dixie or Saki playable eventually, why wasn't it just done for base? Just like Geno, the assets and resources were already available but they chose not to. It's not like Min Min who just had a picture. They specifically made things for them but basically as clothing options. Either way, getting a promoted version of any of these characters is still $7 bucks.

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I'm not arguing weather or not it's scummy. If they released Geno as fighter 9 after everyone who wanted him already paid for the Mii costume, scummy or not everyone here would buy that in an instant. My question is less "could they/would they do this?" and more "if they could do this, why would they do this?"

That said I'd have a slightly easier time thinking Isaac is plausible in that regard since his Assist Trophy and Mii costume were in the base game, way before the fighters in pass 2 were greenlit.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm not arguing weather or not it's scummy. If they released Geno as fighter 9 after everyone who wanted him already paid for the Mii costume, scummy or not everyone here would buy that in an instant. My question is less "could they/would they do this?" and more "if they could do this, why would they do this?"

That said I'd have a slightly easier time thinking Isaac is plausible in that regard since his Assist Trophy and Mii costume were in the base game, way before the fighters in pass 2 were greenlit.
Honestly? Probably for promotional/publicity purposes. "Fan favorite character thought dead is now playable" would be something that would be talked about years afterwards and if Nintendo or Square Enix has literally any plans for SMRPG in the near future its a natural advertisement.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Honestly? Probably for promotional/publicity purposes. "Fan favorite character thought dead is now playable" would be something that would be talked about years afterwards and if Nintendo or Square Enix has literally any plans for SMRPG in the near future its a natural advertisement.
Fair enough. I still don't think Geno is coming but there are some things that could happen that might let me see it as more plausible. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars rerelease on SNES online, those remake theories coming to fruition, more characters after the second pass, port of Ultimate that would add new characters, etc.

Urso_Ornitier

Smash Apprentice
I glance over at the side to look at peoples mains for each game and wonder, "How many of these will instantly switch to Geno if becomes a playable character?"

Just a random though, nothing more.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I just got a trolling warning for this post... what even is this place.
If I was a mod, I somewhat would consider it as flaming whether than trolling since you're telling fans of a character in their own thread they're ABSOLUTELY not happening. But honestly, I wouldn't say it's either flaming or trolling and it's just you speaking out your opinion on the current situation.

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Basically, Nintendo is trying to sell the DLC to people that don't already play Smash bros. The sad reality of that fact is that we, the devoted Smash bros fanbase, get treated like **** as a result. If the DLC happens to be something we want, that's coincidence, not appeasement...except for B-K. That was our one little scooby snack from corporate Nintendo.
I disagree with that statement so much it okay if you dont like the dlc or smash ultimate your allowed to think that but to say that people didnt want most of the dlc/pander to me people who dont play smash is stupid.Hero was a super requested pick and people wanted him since forever sephiroth was highly requested too since cloud the only one i can really call a shill pick is byleth.and most of what your saying about the dlc appealing to people who dont play smash isnt true do you really think terry/min min fans even though wanted are gonna come out in droves to buy a switch?tldr its okay to not like or hate the dlc picks but to say its pandering to people who dont play smash and ****ting on the "devoted smash fanbase just because you dont like them is stupid

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
If I was a mod, I somewhat would consider it as flaming whether than trolling since you're telling fans of a character in their own thread they're ABSOLUTELY not happening. But honestly, I wouldn't say it's either flaming or trolling and it's just you speaking out your opinion on the current situation.
Okay, because they totally showed him as a Mii costume just to announce him 1-3 characters later. :rolleyes: I'm such a bad guy for having common sense.

I mean, it's still possible if they wanted to do a fake-out but highly unlikely.

Also, I probably want Geno more than the person I was responding to.

Last edited:

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Yeah no offense but the There revealing geno as a mii costume just to fake out is just stupid why even reveal him as a mii costume in the first place then since mii costumes are basically consolations prizes?

Dan

Smash Lord
Yeah no offense but the There revealing geno as a mii costume just to fake out is just stupid why even reveal him as a mii costume in the first place then since mii costumes are basically consolations prizes?
Yeah, this was exactly my point which I got a warning for:

He. Will. Not. Be. A. Fighter.
Did I use too many periods?

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Basically, Nintendo is trying to sell the DLC to people that don't already play Smash bros. The sad reality of that fact is that we, the devoted Smash bros fanbase, get treated like **** as a result. If the DLC happens to be something we want, that's coincidence, not appeasement...except for B-K. That was our one little scooby snack from corporate Nintendo.
You say that, yet I, a die hard smash fan since the 64 version, thought every last character has been a slam dunk. I've never been more happy with the content in a game. I did not grow up with playstation or xbox, in fact I only got my first non Nintendo system 3 years ago. The simple fact is that not all smash fans have such narrow interests. The characters so far have been from VERY different games, and there's something in it for most everyone. To be perfectly honest, most character fanbases I'm a part of have loved the dlc. Besides, Banjo, Hero, Steve, and Min Min (or at least an arms rep of some kind) were all big requests.

Dan

Smash Lord
User was warned for this post
I actually told Papa I would swallow his tears when he wasn't a Deluxe... how come I didn't get a warning for that?

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Personally Geno is done this game in my opinion. Both the mallow and Geno spirits to me further proves that to be the case. My reasoning is that they were implemented in the base game because there was never going to be another opportunity to add them into the game since Seph would be coming with strictly ff spirits. Same case for Cloud not having any other spirits initially, Seph had been planned for the Vol 2 pass from the beginning. In addition that Sakurai pic of the day does seem like something you’d want saved for an actual character reveal.
Not only that , introducing him as a character later on in the pass is definitely an anti consumer move. Paying again for Geno doesn’t make any sense, it also makes his costume seem irrelevant at that point. So instead of Seph coming with 5 costumes, it’s dropped down to 4? It’s still content, and would his character reveal would cannibalize the sales of that. I doubt Nintendo would do this for Dlc. Maybe for someone like Rex since his was essentially “free”.

As far as that 4chan/5chan leak goes that says Geno was passed up on because square/Nintendo don’t know what to Do with the character, it’s probably fake.However, that logic isn’t anything new, most non bias Geno fans already came to that conclusion years ago. I’ve even mentioned in my older posts that Geno doesn’t bring in new fans cuz essentially Geno fans are just mario fans.

I don’t believe Geno is 100% done though, can’t really say that about any character. Lol even a character that’s already been confirmed technically still has a chance if there’s some alternate variation to it.
It’ll be crazy if he does end up on the roster as playable against all odds.

I just got a trolling warning for this post... what even is this place.
Yea sounds like you were in the wrong there. A post like that does nothing to add to the discussion and seems aggressive.

That would be my guess, but if you’re actually curious you’re asking the wrong people. Message a moderator directly.

Urso_Ornitier

Smash Apprentice
The only other reason I can see is them simply trying to return all the costumes from previous games. If that's the case, I don't see it being malicious at all. Just horribly thought out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom