• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Wouldn't red mage be more appropriate for Geno ? He's basically a glass canon with high strength and very good AoE special moves , with a big buffing move. Black mages tend to focus purely on magic spells , both solo target and AoE , Geno is a bit more versatile.

However , I agree with the rest of the post.
Yes, you are correct. In terms of specials/spells, Geno would fit more the Red Mage role. However his appearance does resemble the traditional black mage. I guess one could say he represents both (red and black mages).

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
What do you mean get under Your guys's Skin? While the Leak doesn't have credibility to it's name and is likely fake, The leak is stating Playable Geno with Freddy Costume

Do you mean in that this person is creating this leak to make Geno fans look bad?
What I meant is basically what you just asked after it. This guy is making this pretend "leak" just to make us look bad.

To put it blankly, he's a troll.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Don't take this too seriously, just posting this for fun

Someone on Smashfaqs, says that Geno on December 23rd with a Freddy Mii Costume. This person HATES the idea of Geno being in Smash, but apparently came across info about Geno in Smash and stuff

I don't exactly buy it. I'll give it props in that a Freddy Costume fits thematically with Geno, with both being Spirits inhabiting a Body, obviously with different circumstances though
Getting Geno alongside a Mii Costume of a game that made me scared of the dark again back in 2014...

Internal screaming

QQS

Smash Lord
815CBDC3-472D-4D5B-9EEB-B66B99EC81F1.jpeg

Happy Halloween bros! May Geno show his light very soon!

MY MOST WANTED EVER IN SMASH HISTORY:

1-Mega Man
2- Geno
3- Skull Kid
4- Zero
5- Banjo-Kazooie
6- Knuckles (I could be fine with Tails also)

After my most happy day in Gaming ever, when Mega Man joined, I have to admit I only need Geno and I’m done after him, cause probably Skull Kid is not joining, Banjo is already in, Zero has zero chances, and I see another Sonic rep but probably Eggman or Tails. Skull Kid is my third biggest wish after Mega Man and Geno.

But no one beats Geno and he is my #1 ever, mostly after Mega Man fulfilled my first wish.

Photo is amazing, happy Halloween! Credit to artist please! (If you know the artist name I could be glad). Thanks! And let’s pray for a November or December surprise before 2020 ends! Though, I know Geno is a fighter, no one can deny it!

GENO SHINES AND STARS!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Don't take this too seriously, just posting this for fun

Someone on Smashfaqs, says that Geno on December 23rd with a Freddy Mii Costume. This person HATES the idea of Geno being in Smash, but apparently came across info about Geno in Smash and stuff

I don't exactly buy it. I'll give it props in that a Freddy Costume fits thematically with Geno, with both being Spirits inhabiting a Body, obviously with different circumstances though
"Hey guys! Nintendo's going to do a major DLC release literally two days from Christmas! Also, Square, a company that won't even let its spirits mix with other companies in spirit events, totally signed off on its characters appearing with Freddy Fazbear. I also know these very specific things including the release date almost two months in advance."
122789714_10164443678305361_8754745101969647044_n.jpg

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
View attachment 290850

Happy Halloween bros! May Geno show his light very soon!

MY MOST WANTED EVER IN SMASH HISTORY:

1-Mega Man
2- Geno
3- Skull Kid
4- Zero
5- Banjo-Kazooie
6- Knuckles (I could be fine with Tails also)

After my most happy day in Gaming ever, when Mega Man joined, I have to admit I only need Geno and I’m done after him, cause probably Skull Kid is not joining, Banjo is already in, Zero has zero chances, and I see another Sonic rep but probably Eggman or Tails. Skull Kid is my third biggest wish after Mega Man and Geno.

But no one beats Geno and he is my #1 ever, mostly after Mega Man fulfilled my first wish.

Photo is amazing, happy Halloween! Credit to artist please! (If you know the artist name I could be glad). Thanks! And let’s pray for a November or December surprise before 2020 ends! Though, I know Geno is a fighter, no one can deny it!

GENO SHINES AND STARS!
Oh God Majora please don't do Geno like you did the Deku butler's kid.

Also I searched for the artist and I wasn't able to find it.

Reactions: QQS

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I do think a Freddy Fazbear Mii costume is happening.

But not with Geno of all characters.
I kind of do too and, probably an unpopular opinion but I do believe FNAF's deserves a Mii costume. Yes, I know the series has become synonymous with "zoomer cringe" but it's an indie success story, Scott Cawthon by most accounts is a fantastic guy, and the game has had an enormous impact on gamer culture. If Undertale, Cuphead, Shantae, and Shovel Knight all got tips of the hat in Smash, I feel FNAF does too. For a series essentially about possessed animatronics murdering people, the story and success of the series is surprisingly wholesome.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I kind of do too and, probably an unpopular opinion but I do believe FNAF's deserves a Mii costume. Yes, I know the series has become synonymous with "zoomer cringe" but it's an indie success story, Scott Cawthon by most accounts is a fantastic guy, and the game has had an enormous impact on gamer culture. If Undertale, Cuphead, Shantae, and Shovel Knight all got tips of the hat in Smash, I feel FNAF does too. For a series essentially about possessed animatronics murdering people, the story and success of the series is surprisingly wholesome.
I'd happily accept a Freddy Mii costume, if only because of the ****** up implications of having a Mii inside that costume...

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
I do think FNAF deserves it too. It'd be a really cool addition. It'd fit the game lore too, putting the Mii into the Freddy suit. Poor Mii...

I'm actually a FNAF fan, too, so just seeing FNAF in Smash in any way. would be wild.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I unironically want a Mii Costume wave featuring Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, and Foxy. Something about the implication of Miis getting stuffed inside the animatronic suits is... well it kinda speaks for itself, no?

Plus then we'd be able to mix and match with the other costumes... Sans head on Freddy's body, anyone?

7NATOR

Smash Master
So I'm not Totally Done with it yet, but just for Fun, I wanted to look back and analyze The Grinch Leak, and maybe Argue in favor of it at one time being the Original Planned roster for Smash Ultimate

There may be some stretching, but I Know you guys like to Really dig deep into things, So I hope you guys will enjoy the Analysis when it's Finished. Even if you don't believe (I Personally think it might be a stretch), I Hope you will be entertained by it Once I Finish it and Post it

And maybe after analyzing it, you could perhaps get a Little more cred to Geno being Playable, or something like that

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
So I'm not Totally Done with it yet, but just for Fun, I wanted to look back and analyze The Grinch Leak, and maybe Argue in favor of it at one time being the Original Planned roster for Smash Ultimate

There may be some stretching, but I Know you guys like to Really dig deep into things, So I hope you guys will enjoy the Analysis when it's Finished. Even if you don't believe (I Personally think it might be a stretch), I Hope you will be entertained by it Once I Finish it and Post it

And maybe after analyzing it, you could perhaps get a Little more cred to Geno being Playable, or something like that
No rush, but when do you think you'll finish it? I don't wanna miss it when it goes up.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
A quick reminder to keep in mind about the conclusion to the October Smash Challenge Cup tomorrow. MinMin's confirmation happened after a similar North American open occurred in June, so keep your eyes open for potential Smash news for the following 5 days this week

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
A quick reminder to keep in mind about the conclusion to the October Smash Challenge Cup tomorrow. MinMin's confirmation happened after a similar North American open occurred in June, so keep your eyes open for potential Smash news for the following 5 days this week
Imagine tomorrow they tell us to tune in on Monday for Challenger Pack 8.

Griselda

Smash Lord
We've discussed this before I think, but would it be possible for Mallow to appear as a 'premium' costume? I specifically remember someone saying that if he enclosed the whole Mii then he'd be too big, but what if he made the Mii's head disappear? Several costumes already do this, like the Black Knight helmet, as far as I can tell. So the issue then would just be figuring out how to maintain a properly communicated hitbox - Mii's heads do have a proper hitbox, don't they? I haven't played Ultimate in ages. Mallow's little hair swirl doesn't stick up nearly enough for that to count.

Alternatively, Mallow could just act as the Mii's body with the head sticking out on top, like some of those Spongebob Halloween costumes. If that was the case, I think it could still look okay and not too costume-y with enough tweaking of the Mii's head. An idea I just had was setting the Mii's hair and skin to a dark color and giving it a ponytail and huge eyes to have it resemble one of the tadpoles from SMRPG. They're technically Mallow's adopted siblings, right? He could plausibly carry one into battle with him.

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
We've discussed this before I think, but would it be possible for Mallow to appear as a 'premium' costume? I specifically remember someone saying that if he enclosed the whole Mii then he'd be too big, but what if he made the Mii's head disappear? Several costumes already do this, like the Black Knight helmet, as far as I can tell. So the issue then would just be figuring out how to maintain a properly communicated hitbox - Mii's heads do have a proper hitbox, don't they? I haven't played Ultimate in ages. Mallow's little hair swirl doesn't stick up nearly enough for that to count.

Alternatively, Mallow could just act as the Mii's body with the head sticking out on top, like some of those Spongebob Halloween costumes. If that was the case, I think it could still look okay and not too costume-y with enough tweaking of the Mii's head. An idea I just had was setting the Mii's hair and skin to a dark color and giving it a ponytail and huge eyes to have it resemble one of the tadpoles from SMRPG. They're technically Mallow's adopted siblings, right? He could plausibly carry one into battle with him.
I'd love a premium Mallow. Mario, Peach, Bowser, Geno, and Mallow all reunited would be epic.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Okay, So I think I will have to update this Theory eventually, (I Also need to write a TL;DR but I don't know how to shorten all of this), but here is My Theory on the Grinch leak actually being real, but Outdated

The Most Important parts are the "Potential Questions and Answer" Part, and also the Notable characters absent (which explain why Incineroar and Plant were not in the Grinch Leak. The Potential Questions and Answer section goes more in depth with the absent characters and such

Also the Conclusion part is important. Everything else is important to, but take note of those 3 Sections

The Grinch Leak wasn’t fake, but like Gematsu, It was heavily outdated.

This suggests that Geno, Isaac, Banjo, Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, and Shadow would have been in the base roster of Ultimate. Ken is not counted as he was on the base roster of Ultimate nevertheless

-Chorus Kids were planned to be in Smash 4, if gematsu and the datamine of Smash 4 is to be believed, but were cut for unknown reasons. Since Chrom the other character that was on gematsu that ended up not being playable in Smash 4, became playable in Ultimate, there’s a likely scenario that Chorus Kids were once again planned for Ultimate

-Chorus Kids also have the most spirits of any Franchise not represented with a character, with Golden Sun also taking that mantle

-Speaking of Golden Sun, Isaac returned as an Assist Trophy, and the Assist Trophy was also upgraded.

-Isaac also got a Mii Costume.

-Geno has a Spirit in the game. Along with Mallow, Geno is the only Square character represented in base game that’s not Cloud

-Mach Rider also fits the Format of the Surprise Character of the game, which is the Format the Bonus Character, Piranha Plant, also shares

-While not Mach Rider specifically, another Nintendo character known for using their bikes was considered in Melee: Excite Biker. Perhaps a Character that prominently uses their bike was considered once again for Ultimate. (Considering in this game we Also Got Ditto as a Pokeball which was planned in Melee, and Banjo as Playable character)

-Shadow’s Assist Function was improved and changed. He uses the emerald and has Increase in function.

-Knuckles is also an Assist Trophy. Also one thing to notice is how much Assets Knuckles re-uses (he Uses a Homing Attack for instance, and Some animations are shared)

-On the Assist thing, both Shadow and Isaac were shown Last Minute, so they were deemed notable to share

-For Banjo, The talk for another Microsoft character, Steve, was in plan for around 5 years. Likely chance that it was around the Time Ultimate’s first planning was beginning. Considering how requested Banjo was, this could be a sign. It could have been a Case where Both Banjo and Steve were planned to be in, and Banjo would be Base and Steve would be FP1.

-Rare Spirits were in the game’s data at launch

Incineroar: A Spot was saved for a Gen 7 Pokemon, but it wasn’t known exactly who, so for the Grinch Picture, Incinearoar couldn’t be Present

Piranha Plant: A Likely chance that it wasn’t planned initially. Mach Rider might have been intended to be the Suprise character, but for whatever reason it couldn’t work out. Plant took it’s place.

Steve: Was in talks for 5 years. There may have been a Plan for Banjo to be base roster, and Steve to be FP1. This also makes sense from a mechanical standpoint. Banjo is much more simple character in terms of Mechanics compared to Steve, so for Base game Development, Banjo would be easier to develop along with the game, compared to Steve.

If this Scenario was real, why was Geno, Isaac, Shadow, Chorus Kids, and Mach Rider Cut? And Banjo moved to FP1?

-The game might have been planned to have More Newcomers than Planned. Even in the scenario all 6 of these characters would be base roster), that would only be 11 unique newcomers, which is not that much in comparison to other games. This is also indicating Shadow were to be an echo. The Final Base Newcomer Roster would look like this

Unique: Inkling, Ridley, Simon, King K.Rool, Isabelle, Incineroar, Geno, Isaac, Banjo, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider

Echoes: Daisy, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus, Ken, Shadow

This would be a total of 17 Newcomers, which is the same amount as Smash 4, though only 11 of them are unique (and with Isabelle being a Semi-Clone, only 10 would be completely unique)

-The Work of Bringing every character back however proved to be too much for even this amount of Newcomers, so Cuts had to be made. Why to these Specific characters, and why Was Banjo moved to FP1

-Chorus Kids, Isaac, and Mach Rider absolutely would need New Stages to represent them. Because the New stage count was So short at only 4 New stages for the Base game, New Franchises were at a Disadvantage. 2 of these Franchises (Golden Sun, Mach Rider) were dormant. At the time Rhythm heaven was still living, however it could not compare to The Breakout hit of Splatoon, and the Legacy and request of Castlvania.

-Geno could be argued whether he really needs a New Stage or Not. in any case, being owned by a 3rd party, perhaps there were more licensing costs associated with him than characters included in. He’s also less relevant and known than any of the base game newcomers.

-Shadow probably was planned to be an echo, though eventually it was found out he’d need much more substantial changes, that he wouldn’t be an echo anymore, whether it be at Sega’s Request or Sakurai’s Request. He was then out- prioritized

-Banjo probably did have some licensing cost towards him, and of course being a New Franchise he’d have to have a new stage. For these reasons, was not prioritized for Base roster, but he had enough merit to be moved to FP1 and be sold as DLC

-Banjo made it to FP1, so he’s not in the Equation

-Isaac and Mach Rider were dormant Franchises, so they were at heavy disadvantage. Mach rider is at More because unlike Isaac, he doesn’t have the heavy fan demand.

-Geno was Heavily Out-Prioritized by Hero from Dragon quest. Also technically being a Mario Character, he’s not from a New Franchise

-Chorus Kids at the time might not have had a future, so yeah

-Shadow is from a Represented Franchise, like with Geno. Probably also was Out Prioritized by Joker

-The Chadendorf leak, which was tied with the Grinch Leak, says that Dixie, Monster Hunter, and Ray (01) were cut. Why were these characters cut very Early

-Dixie probably was heavily out-Prioritized by King K.Rool. If she were playable, she might have brought with her the Scrapped Tag mechanic she was supposed to have with Diddy in brawl, but with Kiddy. Her Legend Spirit being her and Kiddy might suggest this

-Monster Hunter might have been fit not to work, perhaps in moveset or something, it’s weird. With Rathalos being a Boss and an Assist, There had to be some consideration of the Hunter. There’s also something to note about Ken being an echo in the game. There probably was consideration for a Full Newcomer from Capcom. It wasn’t meant to be

-Ray (01) Probably was considered because he was a Mech Character. He might have been one of those Suprise Characters, however with how Super Niche he is, was scrapped very early. Was turned into a Mii Costume though

Here’s Picture: https://imgur.com/Ppi80iw
https://imgur.com/Ppi80iw

First Round

-Inkling, Ridley, New DK Rep (K.Rool or Dixie, or perhaps Both), Steve, Castlevania (Belmonts or Alucard), Chorus Kids, Isaac, Geno, Gen 7 Pokemon (it would be coming out soon), Isabelle, Weird Character (Ray (01) or Mach Rider, or Perhaps both), Monster Hunter

Echoes may or may not have been decided this early too, if So

-Daisy, Chrom, Dark Samus, Ken, Shadow

Dixie and Isabelle might have been considered for Echo Spots as well

Second Round

-Dixie, Monster Hunter, and Ray (01) are Cut

-King K.Rool, The Belmonts, and Mach Rider might have been decided from this point on

-Richter is then added as an Echo

-Steve might have been deemed hard to Implement, Banjo is then in talks

So “Final Roster” is

-Inkling, Ridley, Simon, King K.Rool, Isabelle, Geno, Isaac, Banjo, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, Gen 7 Pokemon

-Daisy, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus, Ken, Shadow as echoes

Final Round

-Geno, Isaac, Banjo, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, Shadow are Cut

-Incineroar is Decided as the Gen 7 Pokemon

-Later down the line when FP1 is being decided, Banjo is Brought up again as an option, and is successful in securing a spot

When Would the Grinch Characters have gotten cut?

-They would have gotten cut somewhere around 2016, before Full development would have begun. One interesting tidbit is that the Marina PLV, an art studio that the Alleged leaker was traced too confirmed he Worked there until November of 2016. Marina PLV has confirmed Namco was one of their Clients. Here is their statement on the matter

"Rumors of privacy leakage on the latest version of the game Super Smash Bros. report a connection with our company. All these rumors only support one idea, journalism is not limited to doing a search on Google. Indeed, the person incriminated in this "rumor", if it is it, is no longer present in our company since November 2016. Having not updated his profile updated, some have wanted to make a connection with the Marina Workshops that can not exist. Namco is a company we have worked with and want to rework with, this is not currently the case for the launch of Super Smash Bros Ultimate. These rumors are therefore a discredit on our professionalism widely recognized, especially with respect to our commitments on confidentiality. We are currently contacting all these sites and Namco / Nintendo to remove this false information and assess the judicial follow-up. The Marina team."

They did say they didn’t not work with the LAUNCH of Super Smash bros Ultimate, but the wording of launch is key. It’s possible that they may have worked with them in the PRE-Stages of Ultimate.

There are details of the Grinch Leak that don’t match up with the Official Artworks. Locations are changed, notably Ken’s, Banjo’s Art is Completely Different, and the Actual Background is Different

-Locations are shown to Change with every character either Taken off or Added. The DLC Prove this. Banjo’s Pose being different can be due to the fact that Banjo are 3rd party and Microsoft. Perhaps Microsoft/Rare wanted Banjo’s Pose to maybe be more Dynamic, So it was changed. As for the Background, could have been beta background, and decided to make changes to make it more Appealing

Why is Incineroar and Plant Missing from the Artwork

-Gen 7 Pokemon had a Roster Slot saved for them, but it wasn’t exactly known who the actual Pokemon would be. It was a decision between Decidueye and Incineroar, and Incineroar was Picked, but probably after this Banner was made

-As For Plant, It probably wasn’t planned initially. Plant is classified as the Suprise character of the Game, however it’s likely Mach Rider was planned to take that role. This also could be why Plant is a Bonus character, As we was probably added really late

Why Weren’t Other Veteran 3rd parties Artwork changed, but Banjo’s Was?

-For the Veteran 3rd parties, They were already represented in the past and it might be easier to talk to them and get their input on the Art. Banjo is from Microsoft, which would have been at the timea Brand New Company, and a Western One at that.

Why did the Leak Surface Very late into Base Game Speculation, instead of Early on Like Gematsu

-That I’m not sure. What I will say is up until the Final November Direct, both the Real Roster and Grinch Leak Roster lined up perfectly, and Especially with Ken being Leaked in that 4Chan Pic, it seemed The Leak was gonna become reality. It was time to take Credibility.

Was Everyone is Here Planned that early?

-Yes. With how Well veterans did on the Ballot, it’s likely that while the reboot Idea was considered, Everyone is Here probably was decided pretty Quickly

I think the Grinch Roster might have been a Very Optimistic look on a Roster that would have Everyone is Here, along with a more Generous amount of Newcomers (even then, with only 11 of the Newcomers being unique, and 17 in Total, it would have been not as much as Other Games). When it was found the Newcomer count would have to be even more deflated, Cuts had to be made

How Does FP1 and FP2 relate to The Grinch Roster

-In a Hypothetical Scenario where Grinch Roster was the Real Roster, FP1 probably would look like this

Joker, Hero, Steve, Terry, Byleth

So Overall FP1 Likely would be the Same, except Banjo’s Spot would be Replaced

Shadow, Geno, and Banjo as the Appetizers to the Entree’s of Joker, Hero, and Steve would make some sense. Joker though probably wasn’t Considered till like 2017 considering how very Recent he is.

However in this Scenario, we might have also not have gotten another Microsoft Character in FP1, and Steve would still be in FP2. It’s unknown though

On FP2, We would have to see where it goes to comment on that, but Min-Min would definitely stay. Steve, if not in this Hypothetical FP1 would be in FP2.

Why was Shadow Cut?

Shadow is Weird because unlike the other Grinch Characters, Shadow was Implied to be an echo. However the likelest situation was that eventually it was determined he wouldn’t be an Echo, or at least not as Similar as the other Echoes. He would need more drastic Changes than the other Echoes (Definitely more than Ken even).

Why was Isaac and Shadow made Assists, don’t they deconfirm

Isaac and Shadow in this scenario were cut from the Base roster, and then were out-Prioritized heavily for FP1. FP2 wasn’t a Sure thing around even the launch of the game, and surely not anytime before. Sakurai and the Team still wanted these characters to have Big Roles in the game (especially since both were Assists Already in the Past), so they re-added their Assists.

FP2 is something Completely new to Smash, as we never had DLC go on this long, and also be this separated from the base game (since in Smash 4, at least Mewtwo seemed to have been planned as DLC some time before launch of the game). We shall see what happens in this Scenario

What about the Cut in the Art next to Little Mac, and how it related to Isaac’s Placement

That was Very Crazy. One thing I will say is that The Particular version of the Artwork was the last one in which the Grinch leak and the Real roster did not have any Conflicts in characters in the Art (this was when Isabelle was the latest Newcomer revealed). It’s possible that this version of the Art Might be using an Edited version of the Grinch Poster Art or something, and that’s why the cut was there.

What is this “Surprise Character” title used to refer to Mach Rider and Plant

https://i0.wp.com/www.sourcegaming.info/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Scan-Translation-3.png

This Picture showcases how Duck Hunt is Classified as the Surprise Character of Smash 4, meaning it seems to be a Role a Character fills on each Smash roster.

In this Scenario, if the Chadendorf Leak and Grinch Leak are taken as real things, Ray (01) and Mach Rider were Considered for this Role, before deciding on Plant, so it goes like this

Ray (01) >> Mach Rider >> Piranha Plant (Character ultimately Decided on)

Are these the Only Characters considered for the Roster

Likely not, there were probably other characters considered (Not Including ones mentioned by Sakurai himself like Decidueye and Alucard)

The Grinch Characters however seemed to be the Cut Characters that got the Furthest ahead to being Playable, before being Scrapped.

Why was Banjo Moved to DLC?

Of all the characters, It seems Banjo had the most merit. He was one of the most Requested characters, Is a New Franchise, and comes from a New Company in Microsoft. Steve might have also looked much harder to Implement compared to Banjo, and Since Hero was in the Pass, they had their very Big character, so Steve wasn’t as needed.

Nintendo said they were very Surprised at the Reaction to Banjo, Which for Characters like Geno and Isaac, could be a very good sign. Also keep in Mine FP2 was apparently green lit around June of 2019, after Hero and Banjo’s Reveals

(Note: this also includes the Cut Characters in the Chadendorf leak)

-Ray (01) and Mach Rider are Likely done.

-Chorus Kids are a New Nintendo Franchise, and have a Cool mechanic with Rhythm, but it’s REALLY up in the air if they have a shot, especially since the Franchise is not even on Switch and not relevant. While it also has had Demand, it’s not the hugest ever

-Dixie has had heavy Demand, and Still has Demand even now. She can also use The Scrapped tag Mechanic with Kiddy. DK has already gotten a New Character, so might be an harder Sell, however Geno is also a huge Talking point, and we’ve gotten TWO Mario characters already

-Isaac and Shadow have heavy Demand, Isaac, Especially. Both these characters are Assists. Whether that’s good or bad is up to you. In any case, if Playable they could re-use their Assist Models and have them touched up. Min-Min and Steve also heavily re-use Models so it would be going by the Trends
-Isaac Already has Mii Costume. Whether that’s good or bad is up to you. It’s a base game Mii Costume

-Rumors and New Trademarks point towards a New Golden Sun game happening, or at least a Remake. Isaac could fulfill the role of Byleth and be the character from a Game “People are Playing now”. Golden Sun is also a New Franchise in the same way ARMS was

-Shadow is Probably the Most Mainstream character of these characters, along with Hunter and Dixie. Shadow however comes from Represented Franchise already, however Sonic has not gotten a New Character since Sonic himself in Brawl

-Tails and Knuckles are Mii Costumes, and DLC ones at that. Whether that’s good or bad is up to you. Keep in mind that they were in the First Pack. It’s rumored Fighter pass 2 was greenlit around June 2019, 2 Months after Tails and Knuckles’s Costumes were made available

-Geno Has good amount of Circumstansial Evidence, and his Mii Costume is missing. He also has HEAVY Smash fan Demand, and also rumors of SMRPG Remake or Sequel

-Monster Hunter World Came out in 2018, and put the franchise on the map in the West, meaning Monster Hunter got more merit than when Base roster and FP1 were being decided. Two Exclusive Switch MH Games coming 2021. Mii Costumes still missing

There’s Some holes in this Theory, and honestly some of this is probably a Stretch, but it was interesting to Analyze and Dissect this leak 2 Years later. We also don’t have 100% confirmation of who did it. There was that 4chan post, but it wasn’t concrete of whether that post was telling the truth in that they made the leak.

The things I’m not sure about is that

1.The Initial Post I Believe came from a Snapchat Post, How don’t know how that would affect things?

2.How long did the Pic exist for?

3.Who was Chadendorf (since his post existed before Grinch leak)? Was he Mariotehplumber?

4.While Marina PLV said they weren’t connected to the launch of Smash Ultimate, were they connected Pre-release? Also how did ACP-PLV factor into things?

I would say from a Logical Standpoint, I would argue all the characters in the Grinch Leak being considered is very Likely, and even the characters In the Chadendorf Leak (Dixie and Monster Hunter in Particular) were very likely to be considered.

If there are more Questions you want to ask, Post them, or any other Info I Might have missed

MattX20

Smash Hero
Hey, Matt, what tournaments had character reveals a few days after them again? I'm sorry if it's a bother.
There were the North America Online Open in June, where MinMin was revealed the day after the tournament concluded, and then there was the Challenge Cup in September where Steve was revealed 5 days after it concluded

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
There were the North America Online Open in June, where MinMin was revealed the day after the tournament concluded, and then there was the Challenge Cup in September where Steve was revealed 5 days after it concluded
Hmm...
So basically it's a pattern with FP2 now. So if CP8 isn't revealed by Friday, it breaks the pattern.

EDIT: Thanks BTW!

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hmm...
So basically it's a pattern with FP2 now. So if CP8 isn't revealed by Friday, it breaks the pattern.

EDIT: Thanks BTW!
It's definitely something to make note of because they split up the tournament in the summer to last until Min Min's reveal. Chances are it would have carried out over the course of one or two weekends if E3 hadn't have been cancelled so Nintendo doing the exact type of tournament in November is somewhat suspicious. There's been a couple of dog whistles that I don't know if I'm allowed to talk about that hard imply we're getting another presentation in the next two weeks so we'll just see how it all plays out in the end.

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
It's definitely something to make note of because they split up the tournament in the summer to last until Min Min's reveal. Chances are it would have carried out over the course of one or two weekends if E3 hadn't have been cancelled so Nintendo doing the exact type of tournament in November is somewhat suspicious. There's been a couple of dog whistles that I don't know if I'm allowed to talk about that hard imply we're getting another presentation in the next two weeks so we'll just see how it all plays out in the end.
Not to push too much on the subject, but just like any presnentation? Not necessarily a Smash presentation?

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Was thinking about it now but... if Nintendo announces that the Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary Tournament ends up being at the very start of December (say between the 5th and the 6th), I'mma lose it. If after this NA Online Open Tournament wraps up tomorrow, if we do in fact get CP 8 revealed next week, or the one after; then we'd be looking at an almost guaranteed CP 9 reveal at TGA 2020. I'm getting ahead of myself but, just laying out that possible scenario leading up to TGA. Again, the last two SSBU tournaments (NA Online Open from June, and the VS Cup Challenge from late September) have followed a pattern of preceding Challenger Pack reveals by only a few days (less than a week), so we'll see if the pattern continues.

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
Was thinking about it now but... if Nintendo announces that the Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary Tournament ends up being at the very start of December (say between the 5th and the 6th), I'mma lose it. If after this NA Online Open Tournament wraps up tomorrow, if we do in fact get CP 8 revealed next week, or the one after; then we'd be looking at an almost guaranteed CP 9 reveal at TGA 2020. I'm getting ahead of myself but, just laying out that possible scenario leading up to TGA. Again, the last two SSBU tournaments (NA Online Open from June, and the VS Cup Challenge from late September) have followed a pattern of preceding Challenger Pack reveals by only a few days (less than a week), so we'll see if the pattern continues.
IF (and that's a huge if) we get CP8 in November and CP9 at TGA, then Geno is CP8 and Crash is CP9.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Not to push too much on the subject, but just like any presnentation? Not necessarily a Smash presentation?
Basically a "Direct" but there's not enough out there yet to guess totally what it is outside of not being a Partner. For all we know it could be an AoC Direct but I seriously doubt it. Basically we're T-minus no more than 12 days to """"""something""""" that doesn't have a clear definition yet.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
I'd happily accept a Freddy Mii costume, if only because of the ****** up implications of having a Mii inside that costume...
What if it turns out the ghosts weren't trying to kill the night guard and they were just trying to get him into Smash via a Mii costume?:dkmelee:

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
Basically a "Direct" but there's not enough out there yet to guess totally what it is outside of not being a Partner. For all we know it could be an AoC Direct but I seriously doubt it. Basically we're T-minus no more than 12 days to """"""something""""" that doesn't have a clear definition yet.
I honestly doubt an AoC Direct when we know all about the gameplay, and all of the remaining unrevealed characters that were leaked are kinda too spoilery to show off.

And if it IS a Direct, Smash is always at General Directs and even General Direct Minis.

Yeah, things could get exciting.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Just found Grate Guy’s Casino on my recent playthrough. He asked if I want to bet on a Geno reveal in November, and a release in Dec. Then Crash Bandicoot reveal at TGA with January release! I told him hit me!

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
So, with all our recent theorycrafting, I made this timeline:

November 2020 - #78, most likely Geno, is revealed and relesed before the Mario tournament.
December 2020 - #79, likely Crash, is revealed at The Game Awards with a January release date.
January 2021 - #79 releases. Due to the quick reveals of Steve, Geno, and Crash, Sakurai tells us we'll have to wait a little while for the next character.
April 2021 - #80 is revealed and released.
June 2021 - #81 is revealed at E3.
Q3 2021 - #81 is released.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom