• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
Exactly! After the trailer I started thinking why would they specifically put those characters in the trailer especially Peach and even Bowser who appears later on.
i mean i understand gaming icons, but all of them were main characters except for peach. i dint really understand why peach was there tbf, unless they were teasing geno

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
October 30th = Steve/Alex character banner. Says "New Coming 10/13/2020".
October 31st = Steve/Alex character banner. Says "New".
November 1st = Steve/Alex character banner. Says "New Coming 10/13/2020".

Hmm..., what the heck are these dudes doing on the official Smash Bros. Ultimate website (again, specifically on the Fighters section). 🤔

LapidotShipper4Life

Smash Cadet
WAIT WHAT!?!? WHAT DID I MISS!?!!
Clear the next 14 hours cause here I go! Alright so a few days ago in a Sakurai Column, he mentions that Steve’s development took place during the pandemic and was possibly moved closer to the Fighters Pass 2, taking Fighter 77‘s spot who likely would’ve been Geno seeing as insiders back in July were hinting at him and the GameStop video talking about him. Nintendo shifted the spots without them knowing. Possibly meaning that the actual Fighter 77 and maybe even 78 are probably in a playable state or even complete now, waiting for them to be released. Some reasons suggests why Steve began earlier then expected was to get the hard stuff done first with Min Min as well, and to meet up the deadline for Minecon this year, this explains somethings regarding development for the pass. (If there’s any mistake or something I got wrong let me know, as this is what we‘ve been gathering up)

Last edited:

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
Clear the next 14 hours cause here I go! Alright so a few days ago in a Sakurai Column, he mentions that Steve’s development took place during the pandemic and was possibly moved closer to the Fighters Pass 2, taking Fighter 77‘s spot who likely would’ve been Geno seeing as insiders back in July were hinting at him and the GameStop video talking about him. Nintendo shifted the spots without them knowing. Possibly meaning that the actual Fighter 77 and maybe even 78 are probably in a playable state or even complete now, waiting for them to be released. Some reasons suggests why Steve began earlier then expected was to get the hard stuff done first with Min Min as well, and to meet up the deadline for Minecon this year, this explains somethings regarding development for the pass. (If there’s any mistake or something I got wrong let me know, as this is what we‘ve been gathering up)
huh, interesting, so the dates between december-march wouldnt be so farfetched???

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Two years ago in November, we endured an event known as the Ken-cineroar reveal, when the pattern of Smash acknowledging fan favorites was broken just before the game's release. The event is known by many names, with I think the most appropriate name being the "Everyone Is Disappointed" Direct.

Here's to Fatmanonice Fatmanonice hopefully being on the money about this year's November bringing us something that won't disappoint everyone.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Two years ago in November, we endured an event known as the Ken-cineroar reveal, when the pattern of Smash acknowledging fan favorites was broken just before the game's release. The event is known by many names, with I think the most appropriate name being the "Everyone Is Disappointed" Direct.

Here's to Fatmanonice Fatmanonice hopefully being on the money about this year's November bringing us something that won't disappoint everyone.
Apart from Byleth, none of the DLC picks really disappointed or angered me much if at all. I'm confident the second season will deliver on quality more than just promotional picks for games that didn't need it

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Eh, I think Nintendo still has enough momentum going at the moment they won't feel the need to do a blowout ahead of the next-gen launches. Maybe we'll get a game announcement for January but that's all I'm expecting. Sure, it might be smart, but has Nintendo done ANYTHING smart this year marketing wise?

Theguy123

Smash Lord
So, to summarize what I've come to understand about this whole scenario:
  • Sakurai just stated in a Famitsu article that ALL of Steve's development was done during the pandemic, and that this made development more difficult. This implies that Steve started work after the regulations were put into effect, which Sakurai informed us happened in April, thus implying Steve didn't start development until April or at the earliest late March.

• With this new information, we can now conclude that Steve was never meant for an E3 reveal since he would never have been ready in time even without pandemic regulations and difficulties, which suggests that Steve was pushed up during this time period due to being the easiest to develop due to communication not being heavily impacted thanks to the nature of Microsoft and Mojang and where they are located. This leads us to come to one of two conclusions...
    • Either Steve was originally meant to be #78 and there was only ever one E3 reveal planned for this year, which breaks past precedent, or...

• Steve was originally meant to be #79 or maybe even later, and both E3 characters have been pushed back.
  • We can confirm via information we've gathered that Min Min was meant to release much earlier but both pandemic and programming issues combined pushed her back from what was likely April to June. This is proof alone that Smash has had delays this year, so it's completely on the table that other characters could be swapped in release positions to keep up with their deadline of December 2021.

• Nintendo as a whole has had delays, but the biggest ones we've seen thus far have been for Mario, having his whole anniversary delayed massively, with information suggesting some of the content we just recently got was originally intended for as early as April. This matches up with what we have found be the original release window for Min Min, meaning Mario anniversary content would have been out as early as then and lasting throughout the year.

• Part of these delayed Mario events and content was a Mario-Themed Smash Tournament despite us already having one exactly like this since Ultimate has been live. This event got delayed again to begin in December when it was originally slated for sometime in November-December, but was revealed to us in September which is oddly early.

• Insiders back in March were leaking things about the Mario Anniversary, specifically 3D Mario All-Stars. Then in July insiders were all cutesy about Geno, not unlike things we've seen for other characters that have been leaked by these same insiders, but nothing comes of it. Then Pamela Horton talks about how people lost it when Geno was announced for Smash. Now we are creeping up to our first anniversary of CacoMallow, so there are a number of things around Geno that could suggest he was coming next originally and perhaps will be revealed next.

• As Fatmanonice Fatmanonice as been practically drilling into our heads, Nintendo has made it their goal every November since 2012 to give us some sort of announcement, regardless of what content would be in that announcement. With the most recent Partner Showcase being the last of the year, that means that doing all these Showcases separately have shown us all the third party content we are likely to get this year and even into next year. However, we still have all of November and Nintendo's past precedent to consider, so even if it isn't some sort of formal announcement that we are used to like a Direct I would still expect an announcement of some sort this coming month.
I can't say that a Smash announcement is guaranteed here, but I feel as though we will have something of substance this coming month. It's really not that early for another Smash announcement so it's on the table, but it depends on Sakurai and his team's progress, how the regulations are going, and what Nintendo has in store.

Also the Fortnite thing means nothing, so don't worry about it guys. I have a bunch of quotes I want to respond to but I just haven't had the time. Until then, I hope you all enjoy Halloween! I know our resident blue sailor will, but Halloween is also my favorite holiday, but I don't get to celebrate it this year due to our remodeling project. My dad is giving out candy, but I don't get to dress up or setup anything fun for the kids so I see no point. I'm kinda an all or nothing kinda guy. So, TRICK OR TREAT IN MY STEAD, GENO FAMDOM!

EDIT: Sorry about the tabbed marks being weirdly formatted, I did it right but Smashboards doesn't like them any other way than this.
wait. Can I ask what leakers were teasing Geno. I don’t remember anyone teasing Geno at all

D

Deleted member

wait. Can I ask what leakers were teasing Geno. I don’t remember anyone teasing Geno at all
Imran Kahn casually talking about Geno. He was casually talking about Hyrule Warriors and Age of Calamity came up. He could be teasing Geno or he’s just simply talking about him.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Assuming two characters were on deck for E3 2020, but took a backseat to Steve development, and those two characters may have little wait time in between them, I’ll say the timeline will go like this.

Nov reveal-Geno
Dec release-Geno

Dec reveal-Doom Slayer(at TGA)
Jan release-Doom Slayer

E3 2021 reveal-Crash and Impa(assuming it’s one of those traditional “cool down” characters that always comes at the end of character reveals)
July release-Crash
Sep release-Impa

Nov-Anything else
Bonus character-Waluigi
Bonus costumes and maybe echoes

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I feel like if Nintendo was done for the year then the last Partner showcase would have been in November and not October. This is also why I don't think they're done with Smash reveals either. It's too much of a gaping hole and even during their more ****ty years in the past decade they've made it a point to have stuff in November. There's other things to consider too like how AoC's stuff was shown well in advance compared to Pikmin (three weeks before) and Paper Mario (literally the week before) and how having its own segment in November would have been a no brainer if Nintendo had nothing else for this year (New Leaf- Welcome Amiibo got it's own Direct in November 2015 and Pocket Camp got its own Direct in October 2017 FFS). Also, coincidentally enough, I decided to look into it and the absolute earliest cut off for Nintendo news has been the first Thursday of November the last decade so that's more food for thought too.

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
I feel like if Nintendo was done for the year then the last Partner showcase would have been in November and not October. This is also why I don't think they're done with Smash reveals either. It's too much of a gaping hole and even during their more ****ty years in the past decade they've made it a point to have stuff in November. There's other things to consider too like how AoC's stuff was shown well in advance compared to Pikmin (three weeks before) and Paper Mario (literally the week before) and how having its own segment in November would have been a no brainer if Nintendo had nothing else for this year (New Leaf- Welcome Amiibo got it's own Direct in November 2015 and Pocket Camp got its own Direct in October 2017 FFS). Also, coincidentally enough, I decided to look into it and the absolute earliest cut off for Nintendo news has been the first Thursday of November the last decade so that's more food for thought too.
So my idea of us hearing something by the 4th is likely right?

MattX20

Smash Hero
Yeah, it seems off. While I could believe Age of Clams is the last major release for Nintendo this year, DLC is a different matter altogether. DLC doesn't take nearly as much work as a full game does

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Dude we just got Steve a month ago. Give it until late December to expect hearing rumors at the least.
I also meant to say Nintendo news. Plus, while I can control and contain myself, one bit of news is still never enough for me.

This week
So this week? There is also the possibility of next week, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom