• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
And a Final Fantasy character is out of the question. It's common sense, really:

-The FF7 composer doesn't want to cooperate with Sakurai or Nintendo, so we still only have two music tracks; he's strict, too, even when Square wants something from him, he has a hard time negotiating with Square.

-The FF7 composer is taking a hiatus, he has been since September, so I wouldn't expect to be getting anything Final Fantasy or Chrono Trigger related. (I'd be surprised if we did.)

-If Cloud was already difficult to get in, then I doubt Nintendo would be up for getting another Final Fantasy character; Sakurai would do the same and not go through the trouble of getting ANOTHER one. And what's the point in getting another FF character if we can't have any new remixes or rips from Final Fantasy? The FF7 composer won't allow it. Yeah, I just don't see it, same with Crono because the FF7 composer also composed for Chrono Trigger.
This is a good point to make because what is Final Fantasy without Nobuo Uematsu? He's done the music for 14 of the 15 mainline Final Fantasy games. One of the selling points of the DLC is new music so this infinitely complicates things if that were the route they went.

Burr.

Smash Cadet
fellas,
Gex was made by Crystal Dynamics
Crystal Dynamics is also owned by Square Enix
Square Enix is getting a new rep
Our new Suare Enix rep is Gex,bam,now crown me as the greatest detective of all time thank you

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Supposedly Cloud doesn't show up in World of Light...at all, according to rumors of what dataminers have found.

I wonder what they'd do for any possible Square DLC if it's not Geno; seeing the other options discussed on here, Geno seems like the easiest one (hopefully) if Square doesn't go mad over Nintendo trying to get him.

Last edited:

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Supposedly Cloud doesn't show up in World of Light...at all, according to rumors of what dataminers have found.

I wonder what they'd do for any possible Square DLC if it's not Geno; seeing the other options discussed on here, Geno seems like the easiest one (hopefully) if Square doesn't go mad over Nintendo trying to get him.
It's not even really a rumor. It was found during the livestream that showed the full list of spirits. When the guy finished scrolling through the list of spirits, he scrolled thru character data. And then, after scrolling past all fighter data, he wrote "Cloud doesn't show up in WoL at all lol". He'd know this because you can tell if characters have fights/unlocks in WoL in the data dump. Cloud has no references to WoL at all. Not a single fight or unlock.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
If my favorite character was always getting shafted by their rightsholders and getting called irrelevant by stuck-up members of the Smash community for over 10 years, I'd be pretty pissed.
That is the mood for most of us. lol

Once we finally break through, they will think twice about what they have said regarding us. Although, most of us, including myself at times, could afford to be a little bit less defensive and just roll with the punches.

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
It's not even really a rumor. It was found during the livestream that showed the full list of spirits. When the guy finished scrolling through the list of spirits, he scrolled thru character data. And then, after scrolling past all fighter data, he wrote "Cloud doesn't show up in WoL at all lol". He'd know this because you can tell if characters have fights/unlocks in WoL in the data dump. Cloud has no references to WoL at all. Not a single fight or unlock.
Shortly before Galeem captured everyone, Cloud fell off that cliff and ****ing drowned.

Burr.

Smash Cadet
How would you guys feel if Gex was put in smash and his reveal had him wearing a Geno costume?
Like the lead up stresses to the highest degree that it's Geno then bam it's Gex
no fakeout it's actually Gex

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Well, if Cloud isn't in WoL, that still leaves me wondering what SE DLC would be if not Geno.

Personally it worries me because it makes Square sound even stingier, as they probably wanted Cloud to be DLC again (lol that ain't gonna fly with Sakurai).

Last edited:

MashedPotatoUltimate

Smash Apprentice
Unrelated topic but Smash Ultimate’s OST is currently being Thanos’d by Nintendo on Youtube

Hopefully you guys already downloaded your favorite songs

DIY

Smash Apprentice
Unrelated topic but Smash Ultimate’s OST is currently being Thanos’d by Nintendo on Youtube

Oh yeah. I actually downloaded the entire OST last night. Solid 8+ GB zip file. Took a few hours to download with my awful download speed. Lol

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
That is the mood for most of us. lol

Once we finally break through, they will think twice about what they have said regarding us. Although, most of us, including myself at times, could afford to be a little bit less defensive and just roll with the punches.
Everytime someone says they want Geno, you always have that asshole who comes in saying "Geno's irrelevant. He's a literal who from a 22 year-old game that no one played. Square, Nintendo, and everyone in the world couldn't give a **** about Geno. I hope Geno dies in a car wreck. You're a man-child blinded by nostalgia. He will never get in. NEVER. 0% Chance. I know I'm right. **** you."

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Oh yeah. I actually downloaded the entire OST last night. Solid 8+ GB zip file. Took a few hours to download with my awful download speed. Lol
Holy-- that's a lot of stuff. Where'd you download all of it at?
Also, does the Battlefield OST from the E3 demo still exist?

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
User was warned for this post; censor dodging(please write out the swear word as normal)
Everytime someone says they want Geno, you always have that ******* who comes in saying "Geno's irrelevant. He's a literal who from a 22 year-old game that no one played. Square, Nintendo, and everyone in the world couldn't give a **** about Geno. I hope Geno dies in a car wreck. You're a man-child blinded by nostalgia. He will never get in. NEVER. 0% Chance. I know I'm right. **** you."
Yeah, 4chan was a ****show and Geno was the Toilet. :4pacman:

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Any links to downloads for the new remixes?

Mainly the DKC ones, EarthBound ones, Termina Field, Kirby's Dream Land/Super Star's Staff Roll, King Bowser, Delfino Plaza, and Wood Man Stage.

I would just use Audacity but it's getting late (and I'm lazy :p).

Last edited:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
How would you guys feel if Gex was put in smash and his reveal had him wearing a Geno costume?
Like the lead up stresses to the highest degree that it's Geno then bam it's Gex
no fakeout it's actually Gex
Wouldn't even be mad. I'd probably laugh my butt off and be happy that he was back.

Then I'd dread the knowledge that if Gex got another game, referencing pop culture would no longer be the thing to do, and he would instead be referencing internet memes.

DIY

Smash Apprentice
Holy-- that's a lot of stuff. Where'd you download all of it at?
Also, does the Battlefield OST from the E3 demo still exist?
I genuinely can't remember. Last night was a really rough night for me and I can't remember where I downloaded most of the Smash-related stuff. I'll try to remember and let you know.

Regarding the Battlefield OST from the E3 demo, I'm not sure for two reasons:

1. I don't know how it sounds since I never paid attention to it.
2. All the songs I have downloaded have really weird names like, "a20_smk_mariocircuit" for example.

Edit: I just found out the link where I got it from. PM me if anyone is interested in it (I won't share the music file, of course).

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Everytime someone says they want Geno, you always have that ******* who comes in saying "Geno's irrelevant. He's a literal who from a 22 year-old game that no one played. Square, Nintendo, and everyone in the world couldn't give a **** about Geno. I hope Geno dies in a car wreck. You're a man-child blinded by nostalgia. He will never get in. NEVER. 0% Chance. I know I'm right. **** you."
Well yeah. It's been like that the last 12 years and there are times my patience gets tested. Just ask mods on papagenos papagenos discord. To me, it's frustrating because we know what he is and we know he has nothing else to fall back on like someone like Waluigi or Sora if they don't show up. Which I think is why we are a bit more invested in this than most Smash communities. (Us, Banjo and Isaac communities are kind of in the same boat and we all get the same flack)

However, what I mentioned is not so much directed at anyone. More of a reminder for myself that sometimes our patience is going to wear thin, and by tearing down someone else's character won't be worth it. It may be worth it in the moment but that is always super brief.

I'll just keep hoping this is our shot but I really need to do my best to bite my lip when it comes to detractors smack talking our boy.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The songs on youtube are being taken down!

The K Rool one is already been taken down!

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Any links to downloads for the new remixes?

Mainly the DKC ones, EarthBound ones, Termina Field, Kirby's Dream Land/Super Star's Staff Roll, King Bowser, Delfino Plaza, and Wood Man Stage.

I would just use Audacity but it's getting late (and I'm lazy :p).
Oh snap (no pun intended), which YouTube to MP3 sites are the best? I remember the best/official one getting shutdown, is it back?
I second these requests lol. I wanna know!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, there should really be a general Square Enix rep discussion thread. There is so many different perspectives on this topic and it would nice if there was a place where they could all converge without there basically being an invasion on some characters thread. Would definitely help prevent the possibility of echo chambers on all sides.

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
GameFAQs in a nutshell. Simply liking a character apparently makes you childish simpleton.

As for the OSTs, well, December 7th will be here soon. It was nice while it lasted.

Robertroid

Smash Apprentice
This spirits crap is Nintendo's best attempt at making me want to despise them, holy ****
You know, as far as I can see, we (fans and smash developers) had these options:
- Make fully rendered 3d rotable trophies of a selected bunch of characters, as any other smash starting from Melee
or
- Let's insert some gifs of as much characters as we can put, make them interact with the gameplay, and invest the time tuning attributes

It's true that trophies takes a lot of time. 3d making for a game as detailed as Smash is no easy ****, it's not something that Sakurai pulled from his ass. This time, he chose quantity over quality to probably fit better the motto "Everyone is here". And I'm ****ing sure that we will also get a high degree of quality this time.

I'll wait for the game. At least I wanna have something not already spoiled by myself, lol

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
The songs on youtube are being taken down!

The K Rool one is already been taken down!
Oh ****, I need to get Isle Delfino, Termina Field, the Electroplankton remix, Fortress Boss SMB3, Final Destination, Elite Four/Solgaleo & Lunala, Out of Time, Divine Bloodlines, and Gangplank Galleon somewhere else before it's too late.

Nintendo's releasing Thanos and the Gods of Destruction. Aaaand it looks like they destroyed Crunchii.

D

Deleted member

Vergeben gets misquoted a lot of the time, and I am sure he knows that. As evidence for this, his source (if I am not mistaken) once told him a possibility for the SE rep, but Vergeben didn't say who that character was, because he knew that if he was incorrect, then he would get harassed a bunch. For the SE characters, he has only revealed that Geno was one of the names he has heard. I am sure that he knows there will be at least one person who would interpret what he said as "GENO IS COMING," so why would he reveal that info so easily? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I swear, I'm cursed or something. Every time I get top comment in a video, it gets taken down. lmao
Oh, and of course YouTube takes down the Smash Ultimate OST videos where I got top comment on.

This is like the 11th time it's happened to me. LOL.

Robertroid

Smash Apprentice
I swear, I'm cursed or something. Every time I get top comment in a video, it gets taken down. lmao
Oh, and of course YouTube takes down the Smash Ultimate OST videos where I got top comment on.

This is like the 11th time it's happened to me. LOL.
Watch out, probably Nintendo put a tracker on you, lol

D

Deleted member

Considering that my YouTube channel name is literally "Mario", I wouldn't be surprised.
I've also gotten top comment in a few videos that were non-Nintendo related and got taken down, as well. lol
Uh-oh, Nintendo is taking down the videos that Mario visits, which could only mean....MARIO IS ONE OF THE 5 DLC

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
Uh-oh, Nintendo is taking down the videos that Mario visits, which could only mean....MARIO IS ONE OF THE 5 DLC
Mario confirmed, BAHBEE!

Now he just needs to invite his star spirit friend that is known to possess a wooden doll...

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
You know, there should really be a general Square Enix rep discussion thread. There is so many different perspectives on this topic and it would nice if there was a place where they could all converge without there basically being an invasion on some characters thread. Would definitely help prevent the possibility of echo chambers on all sides.
It would get locked within a day, if experience is worth something.

OH ****

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I'll wait for the game. At least I wanna have something not already spoiled by myself, lol
Sure they haven't been released, but they aren't revealing something major like a cinematic cutscene, DLC character, or stage. I consider them minor spoilers. The ones I like and have now are the ones I've already heard in the Smash Directs and stuff, but I see your point. They went a little overboard with releasing all the unheard ones prepared for December 7.

Here's an example, these five soundtracks are the ones I really wanted and were fine since we already heard them in the Directs:

Delfino Plaza - Played in the E3 Direct while revealing some of the returning stages and the new stages.
Divine Bloodlines - Played during Richter Belmont's reveal.
Out of Time - Played while going over Dracula's Castle.
Termina Fields - Played in the August Direct while revealing the rest of the stages.
Gangplank Galleon - Played during King K. Rool's reveal.

But uploading the rest of the unreleased and saved OST for the game was going way overboard, I agree with that.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I don't know if all these emotions are driving me crazy, but I noticed something curious:

1- Apparently some character was removed from the game (z92) and from what we can deduce he would be a character from Nintendo and not third parties.
2- Geno's and Mellow's spirits are considered Mario characters (the same way that Geno's Mii outfit was).
3- According to PolarPanda's source no one knows any thing about DLC so don't trust anyone.
4- Vergeben don't have any good news about DLCs since that "Square Rep talk", what can confirms the PolarPanda's warning about nobody knows anything about DLC.
5- Vergeben has also been very cautious about leaking something related to Smash Ultimate, but on the same side he seems very sure about Square Rep beeing on of the DLC characters.

So you've probably already understood my point, but anyway:
What if Geno was the removed character from the game and that's how Vergeben knows about him, even don't knowing any other DLC characters? Nintendo put Geno as a Mario character anyway. Also apparently he was already been removed from the game before (Brawl or SSB4 I don't remember the speculations exactly).

I know this is not a really strong theory but what reasons would Nintendo have to take a character out of the game so lately that he already was registered in the game's codes? I seems that the character was in development, at least, for it to be added to the final code of the game. And so why not release it? I can't imagine Nintendo having reasons for that and throwing in the garbage so much effort in a game that was developed in such short time. But in other hand a character that is also controlled by Square is another story, I can see this happening.
Maybe the situation was like: "Square has been so slow and is controlling every detail related to it's characters in the negotiations that Sakurai has to start developing it's 2 reps even don't knowing exactly all the details and when one of then (Geno) was pushed to DLC than Sakurai halted he's development until the game was ready but he's ID was already in the game."
Something like this, just an example.
My theory is similar--I believe Geno was in the project plan along with Cloud, but upon entering negotiations with Square, Sakurai encountered a lot of pushback on Cloud alone, leaving him to axe Geno early on (hence the spirit consolation prize.) Better to get everyone is here for base and work on persuading Square to do Geno as DLC after than to get neither.

There's also the possibility Geno as profitable DLC was a condition/bargaining chip for Cloud. This just seems likely to me.

Yoko knows we love her work, and she's a great negotiator with Nintendo. She's much better than a composer who acts like some spoiled brat that doesn't want to share a piece of their cookie.
Yoko is the best. Her work is almost literally in every RPG I have played, including more niche ones like Radiant Historia. She really knows how to saw a violin, that lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom