• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently "mariotehplumber" is going around reporting streams of Smash Bros

DIY

Smash Apprentice
And once again, this whole situation has become insane. This is like the Grinch leak all over again with one piece of evidence being in favor of it and the next piece of evidence being against it. Because everyone seems to have been turned on their heads by this entire thing, even Vergeben, the most trusted leaker up to this point, I can now say with 100% confidence that the best bet for me, personally, is to not listen wholeheartedly to anyone claiming they know tons of detail regarding the upcoming DLC. This may sound like a negative or cynical thing to do at first, but after hearing so many "trusted leakers" claim Geno won't be in, I can finally breathe a huge sigh of relief that nothing may be set in stone, as I once thought.

In short, thank you guys for all providing awesome information regarding Geno (for better or for worse) these past few months which allowed me to logically form my own conclusions on the matter with all the evidence provided.

link2702

Smash Champion
Is it wrong of me to hope mariotehplumber gets busted for some serious illegal stuff and spends a good chunk of his life in prison?

D

Deleted member

I just realized something. What we know about the Square Enix rep that Vergeben mentioned is that he has heard seven names, three of which are more reoccurring than the others, and that Geno is definitely one of the names he has heard. He has only clarified that Geno is one of the names he has heard, he never said this about another SE character

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So uh,how good are Geno's chances after this whole giant explosion of a freakout?
Honestly, fairly positive. As others have said, we've gone into territory where Geno or nothing are the most likely outcomes. I decided to look into it further and, along with reaffirming this for Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Quest characters have never appeared in games that Square Enix didn't develop or publish.

Last edited:

paper roxy

Smash Ace
geno and mallow being the only square spirits other than the 2 cloud has boosts genos chances a lot imo

edit: we also cant forget that mewtwo and lucas were both regular trophies before they came out as dlc. theres still hope.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
long sigh
Are we really giving up hope so easily?
I haven't given up hope. Just keeping things and hype in check. NO ONE knows who the Square rep is and everything this community has been putting together is pretty dang positive for our Star boy!

paper roxy

Smash Ace
geno and mallow being the only square enix spirits that arent cloud makes me think we either get geno, geno/mallow as a combo, or nothing from square.

Paperluigi11

Smash Cadet
I'm still going to wait for the first dlc announcement to jump off the Geno train. One of the things that makes me think spirits don't deconfirm characters is that we have seen multiple Kirby spirits in the game like Bandana Waddle Dee. If it is just Nintendo of Japan choosing the dlc, I think a Kirby dlc rep is in 100%.

My bet would be on Bandana Waddle Dee, and I don't see being a spirit stopping that decision since Kirby is easily one of the most requested franchise reps in Japan.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd rather have them like Pokemon Trainer or Shiek.

Down B switches

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Spirits do not de-confirm since there are spirits of playable fighters. Hope is not lost yet.

I will say, the more interesting news has to do with the mii fighter costumes removal. That seems to hint to possible fighters ... why would those be removed since Smash Ultimate seems to be the "everything & everyone from Smash is here" concept ... so why the missing costumes?

Very interesting.

KanataLen

Smash Apprentice
I figured as much in regards to Geno being a spirit.... I'm glad he at least gets a nod, and I hope that he's at least an ace. Mallow I could see in skyworld too, though I keep thinking it's actually the Mallow from pushmo... I'm glad to hear from Polarpanda though about the DLC situation. I can stop even giving "leaks" a time of day since not even Nintendo has been hearing anything about the DLC yet.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
What are people's predictions for Mallow? I'd say Gray Kirby on Magicant and he starts with the homerun bat.
Yeah, I'm thinking the bat and Magicant as well, but maybe his fighter would be Jigglypuff instead since it has the swirl on it's head similar to what Mallow's got going on.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I figured as much in regards to Geno being a spirit.... I'm glad he at least gets a nod, and I hope that he's at least an ace. Mallow I could see in skyworld too, though I keep thinking it's actually the Mallow from pushmo... I'm glad to hear from Polarpanda though about the DLC situation. I can stop even giving "leaks" a time of day since not even Nintendo has been hearing anything about the DLC yet.
It's not. The datamine categorized all the spirits by their respective franchises and Geno and Mallow were next to each other along with other Mario characters.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The one from Pushmo is spelled "Mallo" not "Mallow"

link2702

Smash Champion
Well like I said before, all we can really do is wait it out. I’m not feeling too good knowing he’s a spirit, but if nothing else, at least he’s still in the game some way.

Course I don’t buy the idea that spirits flat out destroy a character’s chances, but I also don’t feel it helps them.

D

Deleted member

The Geno spirit doesn't really bother me tbh. I'm still feeling pretty good that he'll be DLC

Last edited by a moderator:

DIY

Smash Apprentice
its really blurry but to me it looks like that magalor guy from kirby or whatever his name is. i also highly doubt we're getting new renders for mallow and geno as spirits
That's exactly what I'm curious about as well. If that is Mallow, I'm just wondering if it means anything if he has a new render but Geno doesn't.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom