• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
THIS ROLLERCOASTER WILD YALL

So wait, does this mean that Hitagi and Xeno we’re wrong? They were claiming Steve is a fighter. Does this also throw out their “deconfirmation” of Geno??

MattX20

Smash Hero
Does the list of bosses have a Minecraft creature on it or does Vergeben's statement contradict it?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Stealth said Geno and Banjo, lol

If Banjo somehow gets in hopefully we get Geno too

And we'll know soon because SE is apparently the first DLC

If it's Geno I expect Banjo

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Minecraft Steve is basically the one character who made me cringe when it came to being playable in Smash (as far as characters that had any chance of getting into Smash in the first place goes atleast). So this new update from verge would be great news for me assuming it's true.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
I just got some new info. Well, not really info. First and foremost, nothing new on Geno. So the info still stands as is. However, something interesting:
nobody knows DLC.
He told me to not trust ANYBODY claiming to know DLC right now. If those at Nintendo haven't heard the DLC plans, nobody on gamefaqs or 4chan have either. This is likely why Verge hasn't really heard anything new in weeks, too. This also confirms Hitagi is, indeed, full of bs.

TBone06

Smash Ace
I just got some new info. Well, not really info. First and foremost, nothing new on Geno. So the info still stands as is. However, something interesting:
nobody knows DLC.
He told me to not trust ANYBODY claiming to know DLC right now. If those at Nintendo haven't heard the DLC plans, nobody on gamefaqs or 4chan have either. This is likely why Verge hasn't really heard anything new in weeks, too. This also confirms Hitagi is, indeed, full of bs.
So what does that mean for the rumour you heard?

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Ender Dragon Classic mode boss fight with Minecraft Mii costumes, a Banjo stage, and Banjo himself sounds pretty agreeable for Microsoft content.
This is actually looking very good for Banjo. Banjo's got a better shot now.

Newcomer: Banjo & Kazooie (Hopefully the design from the Nintendo 64, not from Nuts and Bolts)
Stage: Click Clock Wood
Music: Remixes and rips from Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, and Minecraft.
Miscellaneous: Steve and Creeper Mii costume.

If Mii costumes do come with each DLC fighter, then I see hope for Geno! Geno's actually got a good shot because Geno could be the Square rep and the Mii costume could be for Mallow... maybe that's why we have a Geno and Mallow spirit.

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
nobody knows DLC.
THIS IS SO CRAZY. DIS TEW MUCH.

I guess no news is good news!!

What if you’re both right? Vergeben didn’t necessarily leak a DLC character, just a boss. What if more content is being released in a package? Like the Mii Costumes. Microsoft content could be, for example, Banjo a stage, and a new boss and spirits. And SE is a character, costume, and spirits as well??

I agree that I don’t think anyone knows anything yet. It’s too soon. Sometimes Verge doesn’t get info until more recently before the reveal. Or even further into development. Smash list was finalized in 2015 and Verge wasn’t getting info until this year

However, Verge has been saying Minecraft content and SE character since practically the beginning. I wonder if they were working on/considering DLC before they were given the green light. Of course this contradicts everything Sakurai says about it, but unless this is the case, maybe SE character and Minecraft are special bonus content outside of DLC? Idkkk

Last edited:

bardbowman

Smash Apprentice
One possibility is that the SE rep was originally planned to be a base fighter, and that's why there are rumors/leaks of one being the first DLC (aside from piranha plant.

Didn't datamining suggest that there was a cut character from the roster? And it would also coincide with the rumor that Cloud was the last character developed (leaving them little time to add the second SE rep)

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
One possibility is that the SE rep was originally planned to be a base fighter, and that's why there are rumors/leaks of one being the first DLC (aside from piranha plant.

Didn't datamining suggest that there was a cut character from the roster? And it would also coincide with the rumor that Cloud was the last character developed (leaving them little time to add the second SE rep)
IMO, If the SE rep is confirmed, then Geno is pretty much confirmed.
I'm relieved and I'm just waiting.

MattX20

Smash Hero
nobody knows DLC.
I'm curious, did Vergeben's statement match up with the list of bosses or did it contradict it?

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm curious, did Vergeben's statement match up with the list of bosses or did it contradict it?
You would have known if people found Minecraft content in smash. lol. It'd have been everywhere

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman

Following this line of logic with my theory, and the roster was finished in 2015, I could definitely see the SE rep being Geno. As evidenced by Sakurai already receiving his likeness in the form of his Spirit in the base game. This would also follow his statements where he said he referred to the ballot, as well as wanting Geno in since Brawl.

This could also be how Verge knows of a Square rep already. What may have muddied him up, is everyone could be ASSUMING its another SE rep due to the DLC announcement happening. So now everyone is wondering who it is, when it may have been decided and pushed back? Kind of a tin foil theory, but I think it’s a little plausible

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Has anyone heard about this whole "30 character slots discovered" thing?
There's probably 30 placeholders to confuse us on how many DLC characters they plan on adding. There's no way there's gonna be 30 more DLC characters, I just don't see it. The most I see is 5, if we're lucky, 10 more.
To be honest, I wouldn't mind.:4yoshi:
Same here, I'm so down for all five of those. Geno AND Banjo will make me never ask Sakurai for anything again.
I'm also down for some Monster Hunter content because my friend wants a MH character in Smash, I'd be so happy for him.
Another friend of mine and I want Geno and Banjo. Oh man, if we got both of them, we'd be so satisfied, all set, and never ask Sakurai for anything again.

Potatu

Smash Apprentice
I can't stress enough how crazy it is right now. No Steve, the game being streamed...i can't take this all in.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I really hope it is Banjo. PolarPanda PolarPanda 's source said two highly requested newcomers... All that's on my mind now are:

1. Geno (requested)
2. Banjo and Kazooie (requested)
3. Style Savvy (Nintendo's pick)
4. Monster Hunter character (Nintendo's pick)

5. Fire Emblem: Three Houses character (Nintendo's pick)
I think that was just speculation though

bardbowman

Smash Apprentice
If someones playing the game right now.... surely they will run into the minecraft boss if Verge is correct; right?
Maybe, but not necessarily. No one ever said the ONLY kind of DLC for the game was going to be the fighter's pass...Mii costumes, bosses, stages, etc could all be sprinkled in throughout the coming months.

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
My brain honestly hurts just thinking about all of this (though being sick doesn't help matters...)
I feel like a Stretch Armstrong toy, with the sides of "Geno's in!" and "Geno's done for!" pulling me back and forth as all of this new information comes out.
December 7th and the first new DLC reveal can't come soon enough.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
nobody knows DLC.
Thanks for the info, PolarPanda!!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, if we were going off the belief that all the DLC is third parties: Square, Microsoft, Namco, Koei-Tecmo, and Capcom fits the current narrative pretty well.

Something else I want to remind everyone of, when Sakurai approached Square about Cloud, he specifically had older characters in mind. In the interview Nomura and Sakurai even mention characters from Final Fantasy IV and VI respectively. Based on this interview, it even sounds like they tried to talk him out of Cloud and for newer characters (probably Lightning): https://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/01/20/sakurai-x-nomura-creator-interview-2016-part-one/

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Just wanted to send condolences to you guys for the Geno costume being cut. It was a really good costume and I'm aghast to see that it's gone.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just wanted to send condolences to you guys for the Geno costume being cut. It was a really good costume and I'm aghast to see that it's gone.
Knowing Square it'll probably be back as paid DLC

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
All the third party Mii costumes were cut, leaving only 6 that weren't already in a tangible form in Ultimate, and Smash 4 didn't have any in the base game so there's no sense crying in our beer over it. Just gives more evidence that Mii costumes will be slapped onto DLC.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So uh,how good are Geno's chances after this whole giant explosion of a freakout?
I don't have a clue.

But I have more confidence in Banjo at least

Maybe Porky

Last edited:

Burr.

Smash Cadet
a 100% here boi B)

With a Variance of 100% B(
great to see that it's hopefuly likely 100% so i can win that 50 dollar bet against my friends Play as one of my favorite Nintendo characters
yeah,that.

In all honesty though,after thinking about it a little my hopes for Geno have gone up at least a little bit,it's just easier to add Geno anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom