• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTF

Smash Journeyman
I can see the scenario playing out now. Two mysterious figures in hats and trenchcoats, standing next to one another at the train station, but not so close that it arouses any suspicion of illicit activity.

Sakurai: "..." -He drops a CD onto the floor.- "Oops. I accidentally dropped a ... very important article, onto the pavement. ... right there. Clumsy me."

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice : "..." -He drops a suitcase onto the floor.- "Oops. I... seem to have misplaced a very important suitcase filled to the brim with unmarked bills. .. How utterly careless. Right where someone can find it? Oh, oh no."

-Both parties inexplicably retrieve the items that the other had 'lost'.-

Sakurai: "It seems I must locate the owner to ensure that this unknown item is returned properly, and with haste."

Fatmanonice: "I too have a similar but entirely unrelated goal."

-And thus, the trade is complete, and we come to find that the mystery fighter was none other thanREDACTED
Wontkins: “After much research, I have discovered that Fighter 7 is-

-Curtains Drop-

Wilkins: “He was probably gonna say ‘Geno’, but I couldn’t take the chance!”

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I know a lot of people wished that Scott Pilgrim game would come back, much like how some have wished for Geno. I'm glad they got their wish, and hopefully, this wish of ours comes true as well
I wonder if people would like a Scott Pilgrim mii costume? I know he does not originate there, but that rule has yet to be clarified for things like mii costumes.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I know a lot of people wished that Scott Pilgrim game would come back, much like how some have wished for Geno. I'm glad they got their wish, and hopefully, this wish of ours comes true as well
"Golden Sun and SMRPG remakes are too unbelievable to happen."

Meanwhile, in 2020 the following have gotten rebooted, remade, or rereleased:

-Scott Pilgrim
-Tony Hawk
-Streets of Rage
-Panel de Pon (international release)
-Moon (international release)
-Battletoads
-Alex Kidd
-Little Big Planet
-Fable
-Ratchet and Klank
-Roller Coaster Tycoon
-Perfect Dark (borderline confirmed)
-Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy
-the Game and Watch
-Pocky and Rocky
-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
-Pokemon Snap

This is just the stuff I can remember off the top of my head.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Because of this particular post, before the one Okami posted:

The dude is a rando and the only reason it is notable is because Tiffany liked it, but then the thread spent the next two pages debating whether she was a credible leaker or not
Sorry I am late, but yeah, I was more or less asking about. But wouldn’t that Kevin guy who’s tweet she retweeted be a different, separate leaker altogether?

a random user

Smash Journeyman

-Scott Pilgrim
-Tony Hawk
-Streets of Rage
-Battletoads
-Alex Kidd
-Little Big Planet
-Fable
-Ratchet and Klank
-Roller Coaster Tycoon
-the Game and Watch
-Pocky and Rocky

adding in crash 4(out in 2 weeks)
trials of mana
shante 1
shante (2) riskys revenge
xenoblade 1
demons souls (likely a launch title for ps5, but may not be out until 2021)
resident evil 3 remake
zelda skyward sword(posted by online retailer, not official announcement)
prince of Persia sands of time (just announced)

Griselda

Smash Lord
I just woke up, dreamed that not only did Geno not come back to the main Mario series, Nintendo kept putting out thinly-veiled knockoffs of him literally named things like 'Star Warrior' or 'Star Knight' and they always got killed off in the game they were introduced in, and there'd be another in the next. Everyone was upset with Nintendo about it, but they couldn't comprehend why.

MattX20

Smash Hero

-Scott Pilgrim
-Tony Hawk
-Streets of Rage
-Battletoads
-Alex Kidd
-Little Big Planet
-Fable
-Ratchet and Klank
-Roller Coaster Tycoon
-the Game and Watch
-Pocky and Rocky
-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
-Pokemon Snap

Also, Star Wars Episode 1 Racer and quite a few other older Star Wars games

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
I wish Nintendo would just buy the SMRPG IP and all it's characters from Square-Enix. Square isn't doing anything with it, so it would be better if they just give it to Nintendo.
That would be nice, but they haven’t even used RPG characters from games they entirely own, like Paper Mario TTYD or Super Paper Mario. I wouldn’t expect them to buy it unless they had serious plans in the works to actively use them in more than one-off cases.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
I'm a bit late on the "best/worst case scenario picks" but here I go. I'll pass on saying the worst case scenario and stick to the best one.

DLC #7 = Geno: his inclusion in SSBU would be a legendary, impactful moment on the scope of the nature of this character's origin. Geno (as well as the rest of the SMRPG Square-original cast) is what could be considered an anomaly. A Super Mario character that is owned by a partner (third-party) Company. I've mentioned this before but, as unlikely as it may be, if Square-Enix and Nintendo did worked on a SMRPG remake/sequel, said game would symbolize the TRUE reconciliation between both Companies from their fallout back in the SNES-N64 transition.

DLC #8 = Crash Bandicoot: the third contender in the ole' Console Wars. Sonic joined the party, and now it's time (and quite overdue) for this wacky marsupial to crash the festivities.

DLC #9 = Rayman: it feels like a deliberate SIN by Ubisoft to appear to have forgotten about this lovable character. Sure, we've had Rayman Origins and Legends re-released in recent years (Legends being available on the Switch), but come ON. The first three Rayman mainline games were masterpieces! Heck, we've had Crash N'Sane Trilogy, most recently and coming out next week is Super Mario 3D All Stars. Rayman deserves his own trilogy collection as well. Or at least a new game, something! Ok, more onto what makes this limbless hero so special (besides his moveset potential); the music in Rayman games have this funky style to them (not to mention Origins and Legends variety tho), but that old' school Rayman 1 and 2 music really represents the character.

DLC #10 = Doom Slayer: this guy's been discussed to hell and forth, and hailing from the franchise that really pioneered the FPS more in depth, with an awesome face-melting soundtrack (DOOM 2016), this iconic character deserves a spot in the roster. A specialized gunner-type character would be a fresh new addition to the roster.

DLC #11 = Dante: I know Hideki Kamiya wants this as well; Dante vs. Bayonetta. When the Devil May Cry franchise first splashed onto the gaming industry, this game set the bar for action games (notably DMC 3). His personality, fighting style (which is VERY diverse with all the weapons he can use), and the gameplay experience from gems like DMC 3 and most recently DMC 5 really put this character as the action rep (imo).

Having said that, what are the expectations for an imminent Smash reveal? I've read that perhaps a heads-up tomorrow for a Monday reveal, or maybe a reveal after the 16th?

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Alright since we are bored and locked up (at least I am lol) I will share my controversial scenarios.

Best imo: Geno, Isaac, Chief, Ryu Hayabusa, and Lloyd.
Worst imo: Steve, Waluigi, Rex, Hunter from MH, and some pokemon.

I'm too lazy for descriptions lol, just what i'm down with and what i'm definitely not down with.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
I really like seeing everyone’s best case scenario lists, everybody has some cool picks.

I was thinking about making one too, but the only character I absolutely need to happen is Geno. There are some other characters I’d really enjoy, like Gordon Freeman or Marx, but honestly Geno is my last stop.

So if I were to make a best case scenario list, I’d just put a bunch of characters after Geno that would make people happy. Isaac, Waluigi, Sora, Doom Slayer, Dante, whatever you want. If they’re cool editions and you really want them, then that’s a best case scenario in my eyes.

MattX20

Smash Hero
One last thing to note why it would make more sense to hold the Sakurai Presents next week than it would on the last full week of September: the Tokyo Game Show takes place on September 24th through the 27th. Getting the character revealed and released before then would be more beneficial in the long run

Firox

Smash Master
Alright since we are bored and locked up (at least I am lol) I will share my controversial scenarios.

Best imo: Geno, Isaac, Chief, Ryu Hayabusa, and Lloyd.
Worst imo: Steve, Waluigi, Rex, Hunter from MH, and some pokemon.

I'm too lazy for descriptions lol, just what i'm down with and what i'm definitely not down with.
I'm kind of whatevs with Ryu Hayabusa but besides that, this really would be the best case scenario for me. Between Geno, Isaac and Chief, I would absolutely lose my **** in the best way.

Paraster

Smash Lord
I don't have a full Fighters Pass worth of "best-case scenarios," but I do have three picks that I feel really should happen.

1. Any indie character. This is the one I feel strongest about; indies are a huge subset of modern gaming and getting any indie character in would be an incredible symbol of how far they've come and inspiration to all sorts of smaller developers. My specific top pick is Quote from Cave Story (due to my love of the game and its significance in the indie scene), but I wouldn't complain at all if we got another indie.

2. Geno. From what I can tell, the last huge iconic Smash request, and one who has almost gotten in before.

3. Bandana Waddle Dee. He'd round out the Kirby roster, allow an opportunity to represent modern Kirby more, and would almost certainly be fun to play. He wouldn't even be hard to design given the similarities in gameplay styles between Smash and Kirby.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
My dream pass, though unrealistic, would probably be my current profile picture. Shantae, Amaterasu, Donchan, Arle, and Neku. Geno for you guys though. And then if we’re getting real wild, I’d love a Chocobo.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Us in May:

(Polish Amiibo leak happens.)

There's no way Nintendo is going to wait until mid September to reveal 7, right? Right?!?

Hoo lad... With a General Direct looking like it's torpedoed, I'm now thinking that the E3 Presentation is basically going to be September through November because the Spring presentation basically turned into a May through August thing. Good news is that Mario's already down and, based on last year, 7 was likely one of the first things in the E3 presentation so, yeah, shouldn't be too much longer. Bad news is that 8 will probably be saved for the last minute too and be an early November announcement.

Firox

Smash Master
My dream pass, though unrealistic, would probably be my current profile picture. Shantae, Amaterasu, Donchan, Arle, and Neku. Geno for you guys though. And then if we’re getting real wild, I’d love a Chocobo.
You know, I think Amaterasu would be a really cool pick. She would have a super unique moveset since she's not even humanoid and Okami has been on two different Nintendo systems so the legacy is definitely there. I think if I were to swap Ryu Hyabusa with Amaterasu on Nazyrus' list, that would be my all-time ultimate line-up.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Us in May:

There's no way Nintendo is going to wait until mid September to reveal 7, right? Right?!?

Hoo lad... With a General Direct looking like it's torpedoed, I'm now thinking that the E3 Presentation is basically going to be September through November because the Spring presentation basically turned into a May through August thing. Good news is that Mario's already down and, based on last year, 7 was likely one of the first things in the E3 presentation so, yeah, shouldn't be too much longer. Bad news is that 8 will probably be saved for the last minute too and be an early November announcement.
The next wave of DLC amiibos will likely be a November release, so there's no real worry as long as we at least get FP8 by years end

Droodle

Smash Lord
Us in May:

To be frank, I think we've pretty much covered 80% of what the E3 direct would have been by this point; with the Mario Remasters, Paper Mario, Zelda BOTW0, PIKMIN 3, SMT, KH, and other titles that have been shown off at the presentations, NMH 3 got a trailer back in June too. Obviously we would have seen a Smash reveal and up to 3 2021 titles too, on top of updates on things we already know are happening. So E3 is pretty much covered (in terms of new game announcement), but in turn all their plans for the September direct have likely shifted into early next year. I'm with the insiders on this one, I think after September is over; we can expect no more huge announcements for the Switch until November (but more likely January), which should announce the games for the 1st half of the year.

And I think saying holding off on 8 till November "is a last minute scenario" is a bit optimistic. To me, 8 in November seems like what will happen rather than a worst case "reasonable" scenario. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they hold off on 8 until December or even January, all things considered. I mean it's already been 3 months since Min-Min's release, and if we assume 7 to come out in late September, 8 in November is going to be coming a lot sooner than the 3 months wait time between 6 and 7.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord

-Scott Pilgrim
-Tony Hawk
-Streets of Rage
-Battletoads
-Alex Kidd
-Little Big Planet
-Fable
-Ratchet and Klank
-Roller Coaster Tycoon
-the Game and Watch
-Pocky and Rocky
-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
-Pokemon Snap

Woah, it's almost like the Nintendo community has perpetual blue balls at this point in terms of Nintendo listening and actually doing things people ask for that are remotely out of the realm of "incredibly obvious things Nintendo would have even done in the Wii U generation", and anything that isn't that is considered Half Life 3 levels of impossible, and that when Nintendo does a single thing that people were actually really hoping for but didn't expect you have to treat it like a sacred cow.

What's that, Nintendo finally decided to release Super Mario Sunshine again after 18 years? Sure, it might only be avalible as part of a 60 dollar collection, it's just a simple upscaling and widescreen with some texture enhancements (which is fine but 60fps is something you can do with a Gameshark code on a Wii and Sunshine has a bunch of actual easy to fix issues that we don't know if they've done anything about), and it might ONLY be available as a part of a limited run until March 2021 INCLUDING DIGITAL BY THE WAY, YEP WE ARE JUST GOING TO DELIST IT FOR NO REASON, but stop complaining! Just be glad Nintendo is choosing to re-release it at all, (which I am) and ignore the fact that the only reason this is being treated as a big deal is that Nintendo has refused to re-release the game for 18 years in the first place for no real reason, and that this doesn't solve Nintendo's approach to handling their backlog which gets worse with every generation, and especially ignore the fact that the rest of the Gamecube library is still stuck in limbo and will probably never get re-released despite the fact that Nintendo LITERALLY HAS A FULLY WORKING EMULATOR FOR GAMECUBE GAMES.

Last edited:

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
Best case- honestly I’m not very stingy. My top picks are Waluigi, King Boo, and Funky Kong. If I could just get one of those I’d be content. After that the remaining 4 slots could just be filled with characters that would make other people happy, like Geno. Basically I think a best case scenario pass is just filled with fan favorites.

worst case- fire emblem

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I heard that spinning sprite Geno can be read as possibly being a leak or a potential nod to Geno’s inclusion .
:geno: :geno:
Not true. That’s fake news. You have to reverse the Spinning Geno, invert the colors, reinvert them and posterize the image, and then save it in a format that can no longer be read by modern computers and then contact NASA to “search for signs in the stars”. NASA will get the coded message and send you the netcode for the Spinning Geno which will then provide you the leak.

Last edited:

TTF

Smash Journeyman
On YouTube and saw a recommendation for Blocked Content's newest video, so for lulz decided to give it a watch.

He covers a new 4chan "leak" for a Direct. Star Fox 8, Alien Isolation 2, the newer Switch console is a stationary version that's for digital games only, etc. 🙄

Smash wise, it says 2 of the new fighters revealed will be Geno and, of all characters, Demitri Maximoff...

(Of course I know 4chan leaks are nonsense, just find Demitri of all characters an interesting one.)

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
On YouTube and saw a recommendation for Blocked Content's newest video, so for lulz decided to give it a watch.

He covers a new 4chan "leak" for a Direct. Star Fox 8, Alien Isolation 2, the newer Switch console is a stationary version that's for digital games only, etc. 🙄

Smash wise, it says 2 of the new fighters revealed will be Geno and, of all characters, Demitri Maximoff...

(Of course I know 4chan leaks are nonsense, just find Demitri of all characters an interesting one.)
Apparently Fanfics are leaks now on 4Chan?

I don't know if this is moronic of really ahead of the game here.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
:geno: :geno:
Not true. That’s fake news. You have to reverse the Spinning Geno, invert the colors, reinvert them and posterize the image, and then save it in a format that can no longer be read by modern computers and then contact NASA to “search for signs in the stars”. NASA will get the coded message and send you the netcode for the Spinning Geno which will then provide you the leak.
I did that. Geno's now just telling me to drink my Ovaltine. In Hell.

You know, it would be nice to have just one coded secret message not involve Ovaltine or Hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom