• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
I hope so, looking forward to it anyways. I loved the first one and this one is actually going to be cannon.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
View attachment 285224

So if Zelda's getting an update on the 26th hopefully we can get something before that.
That's just when Koei Tecmo is doing their Tokyo Game Show thing. That being said the fact Nintendo is letting Koei just announce their stuff at their own venue instead of, say, a Nintendo presentation is just more evidence that we aren't getting a general direct anytime soon. Also important to note that this wasn't announced in a Partner Showcase despite being developed by a third party, so if they had any other projects like that (I:E, a third party working with a Nintendo property, that idea seems pretty popular in this thread recently for some reason) they don't seem to be announcing them there, they are treating them like they treat their first-party projects.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
View attachment 285224

So if Zelda's getting an update on the 26th hopefully we can get something before that.
It would make sense, especially when you look at how the other weeks are set:
First week of September: Mario 35th Direct
Second week of September: Zelda Musou reveal
Third week of September: ???????
Fourth week of September: Zelda Musou news

MattX20

Smash Hero
It would make sense, especially when you look at how the other weeks are set:
First week of September: Mario 35th Direct
Second week of September: Zelda Musou reveal
Third week of September: ???????
Fourth week of September: Zelda Musou news
Hence why it would be ideal to have the Smash reveal occur next week so the news don't cannibalize each other

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Talk about being an atention seeling clown because a leaker did not leak the character you wanted. But the funny irony in this is how you lie about multiple things Vergeben never did while calling him a liar.
“piggybacking off other people” no he didn’t. He knew about hero happening before anyone else. He didn’t know it was gonna be multiple hero’s but he knew a dragon quest character was happening

He was 99% confident banjo was happening and he 100% didn’t piggyback off people who were saying Byleth.

Hardly anyone knew about Byleth. He even showed proof from his sources that he knew about Byleth and wasn’t piggybacking off anyone.

you sound salty that your most wanted’s didn’t make it in and is now looking to take it out on verg.
Ahh yes, it's good to be back to Ye Ol' Geno Thread that I'm used to. Give me a moment while I prepare for this post.

Okay, so first and foremost, let me explain why both your posts fail even Debate 101 Day 2 of the class.

The first one isn't even a response with any counterpoints, merely two sentences worth of ad hominems. An ad hominem is when you attack the person you are having the discussion with rather than the point they have made, which is very much what you have done by calling me an 'atention seeling clown'. You also claim that I called Vergeben a liar, which I don't believe I ever did: I merely pointed out that he is no longer relevant in the Smash leak community because he exhausted his resources and burned all his bridges and that shortly before that he was very much wrong about most things or only jumped on board once everyone else and their mother, father and siblings already said it was happening. This isn't even limited to Smash, as he has also given out false information for other games, such as Dragon Ball FighterZ.

The second one ends on a rather weak ad hominem, but what it honestly does is that it tries to take my argument and shape it as if it is coming from someone who is upset with the characters that have gotten in to Smash and is taking it out on a leaker, despite there being no evidence that I feel any sort of way about the matter and the fact that taking it out on a leaker makes no sense as they have no control over the characters chosen. When you shape someone's argument into something that resembles what they argued but is different and debate that instead, this is called strawmanning. However, this is low quality strawmanning as you couldn't even reshape anything I said as it wasn't debateable, so rather you attempt to put up this false version of myself who just wants to ree at an irrelevant leaker because 'lol u mad ur character didn't get in, wittle baby?'

However, if you did even an ounce of reading or research before trying to get at me, you would know that mere comments ago I mentioned that I'm very much down with any character that Sakurai N' Co. can whip up because I enjoy their content and I'd rather have more than less. You would also have learned that the only character I am rooting for is Geno and he's coming soon enough and has nothing to do with Vergeben at all...other than him saying Geno was leakbait. Boy, that aged well.

If you looked back far enough, you would also see that during that time in which you were an absolute idiot if you didn't believe the Grinch Ruse, I was on the side calling it fake and going so far as to call Vergeben 'Our Lord and Savior' and a 'prophet' because he had yet to be wrong. It would been in the months to come where him swearing Minecraft content was in the base game just because his mistook the Cubivore Pig and the codename of Rathalos being 'END_DRAGON' meaning Ender Dragon and that Stealth outted him as taking information he and others already had (which was given to them by this group of insider, btw, not form his own sources at this time) and acted as if it was his own and proceeded to leak it to the masses with no concern to who's jobs may be on the line.

To address your other claims...
  1. Vergeben was one of many to come out around the same time talking about Erdrick specifically, though he mentions his sources heard that Luminary was talked about a lot as well. He never said it would be more than one, he died on the hill of 'Erdrick' which turns out to be a title shared with those who's actions save the realm rather than a unique character name. Fun fact: the Seven Square Reps list was original information gotten by someone else that he passed off as his, and then Sabi made sure someone else took the fall for letting it get out.
  2. Vergeben was VERY late to the Banjo party: Shinobi had already leaked Banjo, the NoA source that is now retired from leaking that was once share by Fatman, Sabi and myself, then Sabi...I think there were more as well, but it wasn't until after all of them that Verge spoke up at all about Banjo, and the majority of us didn't care about what he said anymore as he was already becoming irrelevant at this time.
  3. I had my friends in the Brotherhood of Shadow do some research for me, and as it turns out, Vergeben never said anything about Byleth: the only thing he leaked was the costumes mere moments before they were revealed to the public, as I mentioned already. Additionally, he was the main contributor to the mass deconfirmation list that he had to edit more than once and he was never sure who it would be at any time. So technically, you are right in the fact that he never piggybacked off anyone about Byleth, but also wrong because he never leaked Byleth. I was wrong for saying he piggybacked when it came to Byleth because no one really leaked Byleth at all. I'll admit my loss, will you? Feel free to prove me wrong about Verge leaking Byleth if you can, but burden of proof is on you currently, so bring some evidence next time if you can.

For future reference, don't come at people without more knowledge about what you are talking about. Also, if your initial response is to belittle, insult, or frame the person as someone you can't prove they are...take a step back think dwell on whether or not you should continue that approach.

And now that this is done and over with...

:geno::geno::geno::geno:
A gift from me to this thread. Please don’t read into this as possibly being a leak or a potential nod to Geno’s inclusion lol.
I knew there was a reason they kept you around other than being the person who speaks softly but carries a colossal stick! ;)

Last edited:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Ahh yes, it's good to be back to Ye Ol' Geno Thread that I'm used to. Give me a moment while I prepare for this post.

Okay, so first and foremost, let me explain why both your posts fail even Debate 101 Day 2 of the class.

The first one isn't even a response with any counterpoints, merely two sentences worth of ad hominems. An ad hominem is when you attack the person you are having the discussion with rather than the point they have made, which is very much what you have done by calling me an 'atention seeling clown'. You also claim that I called Vergeben a liar, which I don't believe I ever did: I merely pointed out that he is no longer relevant in the Smash leak community because he exhausted his resources and burned all his bridges and that shortly before that he was very much wrong about most things or only jumped on board once everyone else and their mother, father and siblings already said it was happening. This isn't even limited to Smash, as he has also given out false information for other games, such as Dragon Ball FighterZ.

The second one ends on a rather weak ad hominem, but what it honestly does is that it tries to take make argument and shape it as if it is coming from someone who is upset with the characters that have gotten in to Smash and is taking it out on a leaker, despite there being no evidence that I feel any sort of way about the matter and the fact that taking it out on a leaker makes no sense as they have no control over the characters chosen. When you shape someone's argument into something that resembles what they argued but is different and debate that instead, this is called strawmanning. However, this is low quality strawmanning as you couldn't even reshape anything I said as it wasn't debateable, so rather you attempt to put up this false version of myself who just wants to ree at an irrelevant leaker because 'lol u mad ur character didn't get in, wittle baby?'

However, if you did even an ounce of reading or research before trying to get at me, you would know that mere comments ago I mentioned that I'm very much down with any character that Sakurai N' Co. can whip up because I enjoy their content and I'd rather have more than less. You would also have learned that the only character I am rooting for is Geno and he's coming soon enough and has nothing to do with Vergeben at all...other than him saying Geno was leakbait. Boy, that aged well.

If you looked back far enough, you would also see that during that time in which you were an absolute idiot if you didn't believe the Grinch Ruse, I was on the side calling it fake and going so far as to call Vergeben 'Our Lord and Savior' and a 'prophet' because he had yet to be wrong. It would been in the months to come where him swearing Minecraft content was in the base game just because his mistook the Cubivore Pig and the codename of Rathalos being 'END_DRAGON' meaning Ender Dragon and that Stealth outted him as taking information he and others already had (which was given to them by this group of insider, btw, not form his own sources at this time) and acted as if it was his own and proceeded to leak it to the masses with no concern to who's jobs may be on the line.

To address your other claims...
  1. Vergeben was one of many to come out around the same time talking about Erdrick specifically, though he mentions his sources heard that Luminary was talked about a lot as well. He never said it would be more than one, he died on the hill of 'Erdrick' which turns out to be a title shared with those who's actions save the realm rather than a unique character name. Fun fact: the Seven Square Reps list was original information gotten by someone else that he passed off as his, and then Sabi made sure someone else took the fall for letting it get out.
  2. Vergeben was VERY late to the Banjo party: Shinobi had already leaked Banjo, the NoA source that is now retired from leaking that was once share by Fatman, Sabi and myself, then Sabi...I think there were more as well, but it wasn't until after all of them that Verge spoke up at all about Banjo, and the majority of us didn't care about what he said anymore as he was already becoming irrelevant at this time.
  3. I had my friends in the Brotherhood of Shadow do some research for me, and as it turns out, Vergeben never said anything about Byleth: the only thing he leaked was the costumes mere moments before they were revealed to the public, as I mentioned already. Additionally, he was the main contributor to the mass deconfirmation list that he had to edit more than once and he was never sure who it would be at any time. So technically, you are right in the fact that he never piggybacked off anyone about Byleth, but also wrong because he never leaked Byleth. I was wrong for saying he piggybacked when it came to Byleth because no one really leaked Byleth at all. I'll admit my loss, will you? Feel free to prove me wrong about Verge leaking Byleth if you can, but burden of proof is on you currently, so bring some evidence next time if you can.

For future reference, don't come at people without more knowledge about what you are talking about. Also, if your initial response is to belittle, insult, or frame the person as someone you can't prove they are...take a step back think dwell on whether or not you should continue that approach.

And now that this is done and over with...

I knew there was a reason they kept you around other than being the person who speaks softly but carries a colossal stick! ;)
This post is way more aggressive and angry than it has to be.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
This post is way more aggressive and angry than it has to be.
Eh, it would only be angry if I was angry about it, which I'm not. Just some people talking out their asses and trying to insult me without knowing anything about me.

Aggressive? Well, you know what they say...

Last edited:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Eh, it would only be angry if I was angry about it, which I'm not. Just some people talking out their asses and trying to insult me without knowing anything about me.

Aggressive? Well, you know what they say...

I just wanna twirl man, im vibin'! We're one day away from possibly finally getting an answer. Twirling time is now!

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I don't reeaaally know if I can see next week for an announcement. Like, I suppose it's possible, holding presentations the same week as releases isn't ENTIRELY out of the question for them (Byleth got announced the day before TMS#FE released) but the fact the 3D Allstars IS still out on Friday AND the special "briefing session" is on the 16th that we still don't know much about other than the fact it has nothing to do with products/services. (been over this before, could be anything from an acquisition to a management shakeup, point is it's not a traditional meeting and it's SOMETHING important enough that they aren't waiting until their normal October meeting) I suppose we'll know tomorrow morning if we are indeed getting something on Monday.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don’t have a worst-case scenario, but my personal best-case scenario for the rest of the pass would be:

FP7: Geno
FP8: Steve
FP9: Skull Kid
FP10: Gengar
FP11: Porky Minch

Could also replace Skull Kid, Gengar and Porky even though I really care about and want them, since I’d still be really happy having Banjo, Kazooie, Steve and Geno for this game, and whoever would replace them would make others happy.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Honestly, since I'm already so content with the game's roster, what would make me most happy is characters being added in that would make the most amount of people happy (I mean that's part of the reason I've been in here supporting you guys for over a year)!

Sure there there are some desires I still have, but as I've said before, I'd rather just see people like you guys who have stuck it out for so long having their wishes coming true, even if the character is one I don't have a personal connection with (such as with Geno for me).

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
When Banjo was announced I was at work. Was watching the Direct and as soon as I saw the jiggy I started crying in the office, hah. I have no shame.

Geno doesn’t have the same emotional connect that he does for a lot of you guys, but I’ll be happy as heck for you all!
:geno:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom