• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
The 12th's my birthday, so getting a direct then would be pretty awesome.
12th is my birthday as well. Congrats on being born on the best day of the year. Getting Geno announced would be the best present I could ask for.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Have smash reveals happened in series specific directs before?

(besides smash directs obviously)

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I haven't been lurking that closely so I don't know what's going on

but with all due respect, why do people call Geno edgy

I'mma whip this recent doodle I did out for y'all, have a pleasant evening

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Oh yeah... Monsignor Grubb did say the 11-22, didn't he? Alright, let's revise things from my earlier post:

-We essentially have 6 days to work with. 11-13 and 18-20.

-Because of the schedule thing I mentioned earlier, Monday is out of the question (thank god) BUT Zell did mention "one last stop" and this may mean a partner showcase on the 10th.

-If the partner showcase is true, Nintendo always has at least a day gap between presentations meaning this allows us to eliminate the 11th and the 18th.

-We now have 4 dates in two different weeks for two different Directs: 12 or 13, 19 or 20.

-Obon starts on the 13th BUT it's also a month before the Mario anniversary so they may want to take advantage of this. Seems like something almost too good to pass up.

-Battletoads is releasing August 20th. Supposedly there's several more RARE announcements in the coming weeks.

-In conclusion, these next two Wednesdays or Thursdays are solid guesses with things potentially pointing more to Thursday.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Oh yeah... Monsignor Grubb did say the 11-22, didn't he? Alright, let's revise things from my earlier post:

-Because of the schedule thing I mentioned earlier, Monday is out of the question (thank god) BUT Zell did mention "one last stop" and this may mean a partner showcase on the 10th.

-If the partner showcase is true, Nintendo always has at least a day gap between presentations meaning this allows us to eliminate the 11th and the 18th.

-We now have 4 dates in two different weeks for two different Directs: 12 or 13, 19 or 20.

-Obon starts on the 13th BUT it's also a month before the Mario anniversary so they may want to take advantage of this. Seems like something almost too good to pass up.

-Battletoads is releasing August 20th. Supposedly there's several more RARE announcements in the coming weeks.

-In conclusion, these next two Wednesdays or Thursdays are solid guesses with things potentially pointing more to Thursday.
Bringing this back cause it’s happening again.
820C86DB-9BF3-4E0B-AE33-BFB1B130C1A3.jpeg

MattX20

Smash Hero

These next two weeks are going to be very interesting

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I just watched the Street Fighter 5 season 5 reveal and...it was actually really good. The fact that the team are listening to the fans is wonderful to see. (Dan Hibiki, Rose and FRICKIN Oro are back. Also Rival School's Akira!?!? Wild)

I am hoping that this is a good sign that other companies listening to fans, mean Nintendo is listening as well.

Last edited:

Supirorguy

Smash Cadet
I just watched the Street Fighter 5 season 5 reveal and...it was actually really good. The fact that the team are listening to the fans is wonderful to see. (Dan Hibiki, Rose and FRICKIN Oro are back. Also Rival School's Akira!?!? Wild)

I am hoping that this is a good sign that other companies listening to fans, mean Nintendo is listening as well.
When one party listens to fans, and it makes a huge payout, everyone else inches closer to the table. I specifically think the reactions to Mega Man and specific Mii Costumes are what ended up eventually winning us Ridley / K. Rool / Banjo. While SFV DLC won't mean much for anyone else now, Namco and NetherRealm are definitely watching.

I do think Nintendo has looked closely at DLC numbers. Specifically how Banjo's sales related to Terry and Byleth. If those numbers are in Banjo's favor (face it that's not an if), we'll likely see Geno or something similar in the same "slot" that Banjo was - mid pass.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
So, I think that whole idea of a direct in between the 11 and the 22 it's a very dangerous assumption to make and this could be the next Kelios and get online mob'd but I DO WANT IT to be true.

The thought of the Mario Collection being announced alongside a trailer of Geno (no gameplay or release date on him in case the Dev team lead a little bit more time) is so perfect.

I'll set my expectations on medium but I'll also be crossing my fingers on this one.

:bowser::starman:.

MattX20

Smash Hero
So, I think that whole idea of a direct in between the 11 and the 22 it's a very dangerous assumption to make and this could be the next Kelios and get online mob'd but I DO WANT IT to be true.

The thought of the Mario Collection being announced alongside a trailer of Geno (no gameplay or release date on him in case the Dev team lead a little bit more time) is so perfect.

I'll set my expectations on medium but I'll also be crossing my fingers on this one.

If it happens by the 22nd, it would line up with an early/mid September release for FP7

Supirorguy

Smash Cadet

While I would love to see a direct show up anytime soon, I don't think anyone is expecting much from those dates anymore.

https://twitter.com/JeffGrubb/status/1291025624304193537

TX-55

Smash Journeyman

I redownloaded SFV just because of Dan Hibiki.

Now if only I can get Raditz in DBFZ, Kiryu in Tekken 7, and Waluigi as a bonus in Geno's Fighter pack, then I'll be completely satisfied, and be done with this vicious cycle.

A man can dream.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Idk. I wanna be optimistic for a Direct, but as more and more time goes on and as more and more games get randomly shadowdropped, the more pessimistic I start to become. I WANT a Direct soon, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't be shocked if we really do have to wait until September or even later for one

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Oh right, the financial report should be out tonight. Probably not going to learn much honestly, aside from how well certain games sold, but I do find it hilarious how the whole "Nintendo isn't going to go into that without a single first party game on the horizon" thing I and some other people were mentioning actually did pan out... with them announcing exactly one game literally ONE DAY before it. Christ Nintendo, you really ARE going down to the wire this year on stuff.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
hey so question. With the small update yesterday, I'm wondering, has anyone checked to see if there were any hidden files tucked away in it that might hint at who the next reveal is? Or has nintendo beefed up their security to the point now where it's not really possible to figure this out now?

I remember in the smash 4 days, that roy and Ryu were leaked by this, and ultimate still had codenames for joker, banjo, and hero, that were added in major updates prior to their reveals. Wondering if Things like that are still possible.

ARGH I wish we had *SOME* sort of news right now.....

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
hey so question. With the small update yesterday, I'm wondering, has anyone checked to see if there were any hidden files tucked away in it that might hint at who the next reveal is? Or has nintendo beefed up their security to the point now where it's not really possible to figure this out now?

I remember in the smash 4 days, that roy and Ryu were leaked by this, and ultimate still had codenames for joker, banjo, and hero, that were added in major updates prior to their reveals. Wondering if Things like that are still possible.

ARGH I wish we had *SOME* sort of news right now.....
By now, I think Nintendo and the devs have caught on to this, and we're likely not gonna find anything within the game data. Whoever Fighter 7 is, we're not finding out their codename until they're actually in the game.

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
Bowser has been located (not under the couch cushions, but under the bed). One cloudy boy is next, then, whenever I have time. Hopefully in time for Geno's reveal. ..Y'know, unless Sakurai wants to rush him out to one-up me.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Has this been shared? It's about a month old, but it was a good analysis at Geno's chances.

This puts me back on the "the costume is super important evidence" wagon. It's still super weird that they haven't released his costume yet. Since it was in 4, it would've been super easy to just port over and sell, Square would likely be on board since they and Nintendo know it would sell well and have plenty of demand, and even if they wanted to make a premium costume, why didn't they just do that for Hero, seeing as they presumably already had plans for sans and Cuphead.

But here's the bit that I've always found to be the most important: Geno is still the only costume to get a splash screen. Nintendo knows it would be a kick in the teeth to not get even that costume back, because they themselves made a huge deal out of it for 4, yet we still haven't seen it. On top of that, 4 Ultimate newcomers (Inkling, Chrom, Isabelle, and K. Rool) all got DLC costumes in 4, yet didn't get splash screens. I'd find it absolutely baffling that Nintendo themselves acknowledged Geno as more noteworthy than those characters, but would then choose to reduce his prevalence going into Ultimate.

Between Sakurai's comments about wanting him in Brawl and his special treatment in 4, Geno's been hyped up by the developers themselves more than any other character. It's wild.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Y'know, with all those Geno and SMRPG related posts I keep hearing about on forums and Twitter, I can't help but wonder if they are just regular folks excited for Geno, people with inside info being cheeky, or just people straight up taking the piss.

Basically Nintendo's response to Golden Sun if it doesn't succeed in it's last chance:

I'm more used to him with Chris Rager's voice

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Why would they open the Nintendo World Store....IF the direct wasn't this week though?

That's my question.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
So Animal Crossing sure has been a "blessing in disguise" if they truly don´t have any game for this year. I mean, it has sold more than 22+ million copies, dethroned Super Smash Brothers as the number 2 best selling Nintendo Switch game. With this speed, they might even dethrone Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.. I mean wow... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9lxznik5P8

D

Deleted member

This puts me back on the "the costume is super important evidence" wagon. It's still super weird that they haven't released his costume yet. Since it was in 4, it would've been super easy to just port over and sell, Square would likely be on board since they and Nintendo know it would sell well and have plenty of demand, and even if they wanted to make a premium costume, why didn't they just do that for Hero, seeing as they presumably already had plans for sans and Cuphead.

But here's the bit that I've always found to be the most important: Geno is still the only costume to get a splash screen. Nintendo knows it would be a kick in the teeth to not get even that costume back, because they themselves made a huge deal out of it for 4, yet we still haven't seen it. On top of that, 4 Ultimate newcomers (Inkling, Chrom, Isabelle, and K. Rool) all got DLC costumes in 4, yet didn't get splash screens. I'd find it absolutely baffling that Nintendo themselves acknowledged Geno as more noteworthy than those characters, but would then choose to reduce his prevalence going into Ultimate.

Between Sakurai's comments about wanting him in Brawl and his special treatment in 4, Geno's been hyped up by the developers themselves more than any other character. It's wild.
Pretty much this. The missing costume is like a hole in the wall. I truly believe Geno’s legacy for being a highly requested character was enough to get a splash screen out of all characters and eventually get promoted. It would be insane if Nintendo isn’t aware of Geno’s popularity at this point. His presence in social media, Smash ballot, and the costume in the first place. If Geno’s not gonna be playable, I don’t see any reason why they would want to hold him off this long. Some speculated that the direct has to be nothing but DQ stuff. Don’t you think they would of play DQ music at the Mii costume segment instead of battlefield? Also, I really don’t see how 2 costumes is going to ruin promotion of a game unless SE are that particular with their content.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
I dreamt that Geno was in smash,but that he was kind of crappily animated.
I'm still holding on to my september direct prediction and that It will have a smash reveal.

It won't have two though, seems as how nintendo has been dripping games one at a time,instead of a big splash.
If you drip things one at a time, there's fewer leaks.

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
Zell:

Today at 5:18 AM
and people are asking why Nintendo isn't announcing a new Direct, they are too busy counting their Money

SPOILER: MONEY

the last stop is not far away now

Update: he clarified
"the last stop before the main event"

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Zell:

and people are asking why Nintendo isn't announcing a new Direct, they are too busy counting their Money

Yeah, I think our theory about one last partner showcase before the Direct is spot on. Given how they handled the last one, it probably will be a shadowdrop on Monday and then Direct #1 will be Wednesday or Thursday.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
So Animal Crossing sure has been a "blessing in disguise" if they truly don´t have any game for this year. I mean, it has sold more than 22+ million copies, dethroned Super Smash Brothers as the number 2 best selling Nintendo Switch game. With this speed, they might even dethrone Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.. I mean wow... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9lxznik5P8
Good lord... Okay yeah it's a little easier to see how Nintendo was okay with leaning so heavily on AC this year.

Zell:

He responded to someone else. They said "The next stop is probably either on Tuesday 11th or Wednesday 12th. Hoping for Bravely and NMH" to which he said "NO, NO, NO & NO"

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Why would they open the Nintendo World Store....IF the direct wasn't this week though?

That's my question.
I don't know about where you are, and I'm not in NYC, but when non-essential things have re-opened where I live, they've had pretty strict limitations on the number of people allowed in. Nintendo's announcement even said it's all reservation only, and I imagine they'll limit it to a point where they feel it's safe to have people in. I don't know how many square footage that place is, but I only imagine the number of people allowed in will be something like 20. I doubt even if they had a Direct, Nintendo would opt to not show it there, only because it's breeding ground for trouble if people gather around a screen.

And before you say something like businesses have been more irresponsible than this, we're talking about Nintendo, who according to everyone (whether true or not), has delayed multiple Directs and have had entire teams working from home. And this was even in a country that is no stranger to masks and safety distancing.

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
Well, that's interesting.

Looks like a Partner Showcase is not next. (he said there's no Partner Showcase in the second half of the month too) His previous hint can now be definitively narrowed down to either 2 Directs in August or a Mini Direct on the 20th. (the latter seems unlikely since it was only guessed by one person and)
2 Directs in August has been hinted by others too. Perhaps a Mario Direct is next.

It's not on the 11th or 12th. Hmm.

Last edited:

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Well, that's interesting.

Looks like a Partner Showcase is not next. (he said there's no Partner Showcase in the second half of the month too) His previous hint can now be definitively narrowed down to either 2 Directs in August or a Mini Direct on the 20th. (the latter seems unlikely since it was only guessed by one person and)
2 Directs in August has been hinted by others too. Perhaps a Mario Direct is next.

It's not on the 11th or 12th. Hmm.
I think he may be referring to the "stop" not being in one of those dates, not necessarily one of the main events.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Yeah I know, Furukawa confirm that NH has selled what they expect that would sell in the entire Switch life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom