• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
So, uh... who's ready for another bombshell?

View attachment 281411
Not even gonna lie - as cool as it is that they're opening back up, the idea of them even trying to have public operations during the pandemic in New York City - a major hotspot for COVID earlier in the year - has me feelin' reeeeeeal anxious for the general public that pays a visit.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Not even gonna lie - as cool as it is that they're opening back up, the idea of them even trying to have public operations during the pandemic in New York City - a major hotspot for COVID earlier in the year - has me feelin' reeeeeeal anxious for the general public that pays a visit.
New York actually got a handle on this mostly. We were doing poorly back in Spring but our cases have slowed down mostly. New Jersey (the state that borders NYC) has been handling it even better so I don't think it'll be a problem.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Okay i came here for the Geno clarification and then my eyes did the cartoon BOING pop when I saw Golden Sun HD. What else can you say about that?

And all weak rumours aside - how do you personally feel about Geno’s chances in Smash?
That's all I know about GS HD, that it's coming. I know that Golf isn't in development, since like december of last year, and not so long ago even NateDrake on Era said that Mario golf (and wave race) "never had a chance", which solidifies what I heard last year. We are definitely not gonna get another Tennis game in a row, Camelot doesn't do that. So even by simple math, you can imagine what Camelot would be working on. I know everyone is saying that there is a new Mario Sports trademark, but to be fair that one JUST appeared, it hasn't even gone through all the process of being approved at all, meanwhile the new trademark of Golden Sun that appeared in 2018 finally got approved in late March of this year. This is also the longest time Camelot has ever taken to JUST reveal their next game. So combining all that with what my source heard, I don't really have doubts about GS HD happening, I just don't know if it's still a thing for 2020 or if it was moved for 2021.

P.D.: Also to note on mario sports being a game camelot worked on as a contribution, they didn't fully make it themselves, so even if that was coming any time soon (which i highly doubt) , it doesn't justify the time it has taken to even announce their next game.

To your second question, the best way I can answer that is by saying that I still need to see what theme this pass shapes to be. We know from Banjo's presentation last year that pass 2 are more opportunities to satisfy fans… but I really want to see it being the case. Arms was technically a desired series even back then, and we saw recently that Arms was meant to be in base roster but it just didn't make it ( this was confirmed through translations of pushdustin on sakurai's last column or something in July ), so it really makes you wonder what other characters that were "compensated" in base roster could be getting an upgrade.

There is definitely a chance, unless, and this is the real obstacle imo: Nintendo approached square enix for some other series instead, or if they approached them AT ALL even. So i guess our best lead for now is to see with fp7 what type of pass this is really gonna be, I need more than min-min to have any type of predictions really... of course they could always do a mix of stuff they want themselves + fan demand characters.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
So two things about Pikmin 3 Deluxe
  • Insiders were completely right about it, the name, all the DLC, even the new single-player content the game was supposedly delayed for.
  • Buuuuut... October 30th. We still have no September game. Them shadowdropping this makes me think we aren't getting a normal direct anytime soon, even though the same insiders pushing Pikmin 3 said there IS a game for September, likely the Mario Collection. Why not shadowdrop that instead, what are they waiting for? Mario Direct is what I'm looking at again, I can't really explain it any other way.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I doubt he's going to be a costume again, not after so much after all the things leaning in his favor
I'm expecting his costume to come back with him though as I believe all the Smash 4 Mii costumes will return even if Geno, Lloyd, or both end up being playable.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Just curious, what did the person in that circle say about Geno exactly? That he was likely? That he was in for sure? Not enough to recall?
Basically that they are betting money ( I dunno if literally, lol ) against anti-geno people, but again… I don't know them, I don't have direct contact with them, therefore it could be people talking out their asses. I remember there was a guy who was dead set on Ryu Hayabusa a year or so ago, and we know how that turned out, lol. I rather only pay attention to what confirmed legit people tease, like king zell, or shinobi (who leaked banjo), etc.

Having the NYC reactions return in time for a potential direct (most likely next month than this month but still) is perfect
This would certainly be amazing for some hype reveals/announcements! I hope they manage to keep the store open without idiots screwing things up.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Wow ... Nintendo NYC is opening shop this Friday? Hmmm ... could we get a cool tweet today or tomorrow?

That would be neat.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Mario Direct is what I'm looking at again, I can't really explain it any other way.
I agree with that notion.

While it sucks form the perspective of desperately wanting to know what else Nintendo has planned, from the smash perspective...

Are there any Mario characters we’d want in smash? :217:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
So two things about Pikmin 3 Deluxe
  • Insiders were completely right about it, the name, all the DLC, even the new single-player content the game was supposedly delayed for.
  • Buuuuut... October 30th. We still have no September game. Them shadowdropping this makes me think we aren't getting a normal direct anytime soon, even though the same insiders pushing Pikmin 3 said there IS a game for September, likely the Mario Collection. Why not shadowdrop that instead, what are they waiting for? Mario Direct is what I'm looking at again, I can't really explain it any other way.
If another Non-Mario game get's shadow dropped, it would really heavily imply a Mario centered direct to celebrate the 35th Annivarsary.

So could we get a mini or something for Friday in connection with the Nintendo Store ... Maybe a Smashing mini?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Have you read a single one of my posts here? Because all you just did was scream and cry about all of the other "bad people" who hate funny puppet man. I bother here because I enjoy SMRPG and the dumb stupid characters it offers. Geno included. This is a thread about one of those dumb stupid characters, specifically one that has a story so dark and edgy I could cut myself on it. Anyone taking serious slights to them as people because someone doesn't "get in line" seriously needs to reevaluate themselves and their priorities. This is a video game forum, have fun, enjoy the community you've built, and stop being so defensive.
Geno's serious (for the most part - it's been a while since I replayed Mario RPG, but he has his comedic moments), but he's about as far away from edgy as you can get. (I'm not even sure what would qualify as "edgy" within the Mario universe - when I think of "edgy" characters, I think of Shadow the Hedgehog, Sasuke Uchiha, or Reaper from Overwatch)

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Okay i came here for the Geno clarification and then my eyes did the cartoon BOING pop when I saw Golden Sun HD. What else can you say about that?

And all weak rumours aside - how do you personally feel about Geno’s chances in Smash?
Let's just say that Naz is as an avid of a fan of Golden Sun as I am of SMRPG and he takes his research very seriously. Naz is definitely trustworthy and by saying that, I'm probably wink wonking at 700 decibels but his information checks out and we've crossed referenced quite a bit in the past year and a half.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I agree that we might be looking at a Mario-focused Direct in the coming weeks, especially if another non-Mario game ends up getting Twitter dropped like Pikmin 3 Deluxe did... speaking of, I believe a 2D Metroid was one of the non-Mario games teased by insiders. Were there any others?

As for Fighter 7, I think that's gonna get its own Sakurai Presents video. The signs are there, and we're just waiting for it to arrive... any day now...

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
Let's just say that Naz is as an avid of a fan of Golden Sun as I am of SMRPG and he takes his research very seriously. Naz is definitely trustworthy and by saying that, I'm probably wink wonking at 700 decibels but his information checks out and we've crossed referenced quite a bit in the past year and a half.
Haha thanks fellas.

I’m a big fan of GS too, so I’m excited to see the franchise get another chance to catch on.

Sounds like we are alarmingly close to a FP7 reveal, folks! It’s gotta be Geno.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
As for Fighter 7, I think that's gonna get its own Sakurai Presents video. The signs are there, and we're just waiting for it to arrive... any day now...
I am not all for that, but if that happens, and Geno is the character revealed then, watch Sakurai come on with a Geno hat on before he reveals him. :troll:

EditorMax

Smash Apprentice
for the record-
shadowedgy is still a completely disputable source and his/her methodology of gathering and leaking info is still making people upset, but he has openly said his sources too have heard both Golden Sun HD and Geno. Take that as you will as another sort of "oooooh maybe" bit of something, but please, nothing more than that. He is, for all we know, still just some dude who says he knows people who knows stuff

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I don't know, maybe I'm thinking about this wrong. Something a little odd I've been sitting on for a few weeks is Nintendo's Coming Soon Page on their website.
  • "What."
See, after Origami King was released, it changed to Bravely Default 2 as the banner, at the very least the day of the July 20th direct, maybe earlier but Internet Archive didn't get any of the few in between days. Why does this matter at all? Well after I search the archive a bit, it's actually really consistent at always showing the biggest close release for Nintendo. January it was Tokyo Mirage Sessions, then Animal Crossing, then Xenoblade, then Paper Mario, and it seems to switch the day the game is actually out. Now that Pikmin 3 is announced for October, Bravely Default 2 is still the headliner, and it still seems like it's coming out this year. Didn't Kelios even say they were supposed to reveal the release date ON July 20th? Maybe they are making Default 2 the September game.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Well… "past year and half" I wasn't the one handling the source lol, that was sabi. I was just a witness inside that "group" back then and I haven't had any info myself aside from GS HD which I only just learned about this April:mybodyisreggie:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Well… "past year and half" I wasn't the one handling the source lol, that was sabi. I was just a witness inside that "group" back then and I haven't had any info myself aside from GS HD which I only just learned about this April:mybodyisreggie:
So how did you find out about GS HD? What is it, a full 3D remake?

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's alright. Since November, I serendipitously wound up with a number of other connections and, simply put, the Golden Sun stuff checks out very, very well and, like I told you yesterday, there's been a shocking number of dog whistles for it since about mid July so, truthfully, it's one of those things that's barely a secret anymore if Murphy's Law doesn't kick everyone's ass and we were all bamboozled.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So how did you find out about GS HD? What is it, a full 3D remake?
Well I just said that the source I have, heard about it this April which is when they told me about it.

I'm gonna guess it's 3D because… you don't remaster "sprites" lol, so by logic this has to be a remake. I didn't hear golden sun "4" but i guess that's always a possibility, but I doubt it, plus it makes more sense to reboot the series, get even new people to play it since the start of the story, keep consistency in the visuals of the whole series, etc. If they go for GS4 after 10 years of even people not knowing Dark Dawn exists, I think that would be a terrible move imo. But anyway this is kinda derailing from what this thread is about, lol.

Last edited:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
It's alright. Since November, I serendipitously wound up with a number of other connections and, simply put, the Golden Sun stuff checks out very, very well and, like I told you yesterday, there's been a shocking number of dog whistles for it since about mid July so, truthfully, it's one of those things that's barely a secret anymore if Murphy's Law doesn't kick everyone's ass and we were all bamboozled.
Kinda the same thing with Geno, you reckon? Or nah...?

a random user

Smash Journeyman
Well I just said that the source I have heard about it this April which is when they told me about it.

I'm gonna guess it's 3D because… you don't remaster "sprites" lol, so by logic this has to be a remake. I didn't hear golden sun "4" but i guess that's always a possibility, but I doubt it, plus it makes more sense to reboot the series, get even new people to play it since the start of the story, keep consistency in the visuals of the whole series, etc. If they go for GS4 after 10 years of even people not knowing Dark Dawn exists, I think that would be a terrible move imo. But anyway this is kinda derailing from what this thread is about, lol.
to be fair, the ducktales remaster went from sprites, to 2d images

MattX20

Smash Hero
True. But either way, since Dark Dawn was already 3D, and Camelot hasn't been making anything 2D for even longer, I think it's easily gonna be 3D anyway.
If it does happen, let's hope the 3D models are better than Sword and Shield

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
If another Non-Mario game get's shadow dropped, it would really heavily imply a Mario centered direct to celebrate the 35th Annivarsary.

So could we get a mini or something for Friday in connection with the Nintendo Store ... Maybe a Smashing mini?
I can’t see us getting a Smash Mini Direct any time soon—especially after the Battlefiled shadow drop—if nothing else, we could be getting a Sakurai Presents Fighter 7 deal.

As for Nintendo not contacting Square Enix—not an option. There’s zero chance Square would let them put in the Geno/Chocobo costumes in the game without one or their own reps alongside it.

I’d definitely be up for a Sakurai Presents on Friday with no hint as to who it could be.

But! With Golden Sun back in play, we could see Isaac getting a promotion as well.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
If it does happen, let's hope the 3D models are better than Sword and Shield
It's Camelot, if something is sure about them is that they don't suck at visuals, even in their latest sport games. Every GS game has been pushing the limits of the consoles they released. Dark Dawn was one of the best looking DS games to be fair. I don't see Camelot being as lazy as gamefreak any time soon lol and they have taken officially over 2 years to announce their next title already

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Look, as cool as Golden Sun HD could be, Isaac has his own thread and this is getting a bit off topic.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Kinda the same thing with Geno, you reckon? Or nah...?
Pretty much. It's the same thing I've been arguing about Waluigi and Geno forever: it's been heard and supported by too many people for it to be totally false. The rumor has changed slightly since last October but the spirit has always been the same: Nintendo sees what an RPG monster the Switch is, wants in on that Cheddar pony, and decided to give Golden Sun one last chance to put up or **** off. That said, it's Fire Emblem all over again; if sales don't impress, it's getting slam dunked in the trash.

MattX20

Smash Hero
It's Camelot, if something is sure about them is that they don't suck at visuals, even in their latest sport games. Every GS game has been pushing the limits of the consoles they released. Dark Dawn was one of the best looking DS games to be fair. I don't see Camelot being as lazy as gamefreak any time soon lol and they have taken officially over 2 years to announce their next title already
That's more assuring

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
I’m bit doubtful about that possible golden sun remake/reboot. Yes, it can be possible but I don’t see it as a full AAA 3D RPG, Nintendo already has a hardcore rpg series with Xenoblade (Pokémon for the younger audience) and although Switch has a very popular rpg fanbase, I don’t think that they want another 3D rpg series.

So expect a remake/reboot being similar to Links Awakening or Trials of Mana remakes. Tempered your expectations and you will be satisfy. :)

Last edited:

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
This is a PSA: If and when GS gets announced, please do us fans a favour and consider purchasing the title to support the franchise.

and obviously the same goes for Geno: I have friends that casually own and play Smash Ultimate and they’ve already agreed to buy the Geno DLC to show their support.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Don't want to get the thread too off topic, but how cool would it be if Isaac gets in Smash to coincide with Golden Sun HD?

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
So, uh... who's ready for another bombshell?

View attachment 281411
>Nintendo NY, where the big crown reactions for Smash are filmed, is reopening this Friday
>Murmurings of a Direct on or around the 10th which, given how Directs are usually held early in the month, is very typical
>Next amiibo wave is due for a late September/early October release
>So far almost all of the DLC fighters have been released within a month of an amiibo wave's release, with the sole exeption being Min Min
>Typically, DLC Fighters are revealed two months prior to their release
>Smash website glitches out, and some are saying that the Mario character section in particular was borked
>Big Mario 35th anniversary has been strongly rumored to be happening
>Just today we've finally gotten Pikmin 3 Deluxe revealed, something that's also been long rumored for around the same length of time

Don't want to get the thread too off topic, but how cool would it be if Isaac gets in Smash to coincide with side Golden Sun HD?
Getting both Geno and Isaac in the same pass would be the dream. Not mine specifically, but many people's.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Look, as cool as Golden Sun HD could be, Isaac has his own thread and this is getting a bit off topic.
Sorry. I just wanted to back Naz because I know how it feels when you say something that's likely true but borderline unbelievable and legions of people accuse you of being a liar for it. Got to look out for my comrade from another dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom