• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
But! With Golden Sun back in play, we could see Isaac getting a promotion as well.
Funny you bring that up, because… Isaac and Arms were both shown in the very last presentation pre-launch of Ultimate, and Sakurai saying that Arms was meant to be in the base roster but couldn't make it, makes you wonder what other characters didn't make it back then… ALSO, Arms back then with the AT of springman and mii costume of ribbon girl, came with NO music tracks whatsoever in the game. And in the case of Isaac, he doesn't even get his own battle theme for his spirit fight, all he got was 2 tracks: the final boss of the second game, and the 3rd game's overworld theme… literally both cases made NO sense music-wise, while every other inclusion in the game has come with music and music that made sense on top of that… all except for Arms and GS. I don't know at all if he would be upgraded of course, but Min min fixed that issue Arms had in base roster music content-wise, so Isaac could easily fix his current issue as well, plus he could be one of those opportunities to satisfy fans in this pass, specially after the gargantuan backlash on that month… and also he could promote the HD game or whatever that's coming, which they kinda need to do f the new game/remake is coming and they hope to gain as much attention as possible this time, because… last time GS got a game was Dark Dawn and it was sadly a marketing failure lol…

But once again, this thread isn't about Isaac so I rather not get carried on further haha, so I will take my leave now. Just came to shut down some stupidity that was going on here with "hype police" and answered a few questions about geno :). Mostly my GS info input was to bring some light on another potential title we could be getting soon ( hopefully… ), since this year has been dry AF when it comes to Nintendo… I wish I knew more but that's as much as I know for now, maybe when we are closer I might hear some other games If I'm lucky.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
So back on topic, Geno could potentially get a huge reveal soon
Question is, how soon?

Not gonna lie, seeing all these hints that the Fighter 7 reveal is coming soon but with nothing pointing towards an exact date is... kinda frustrating, at least for me. It's like if me and a friend went driving somewhere, and my friend was constantly telling me stuff like "That tree means we're almost there!" and "The billboard! We're getting close"... and he's been saying stuff like that for over 2 hours while we still haven't reached our destination.

D

Deleted member

Man there's been a lot going on these past 2 days.

> Pikmin 3 Deluxe comes out of nowhere (just like Lucas heh Mother trilogy remake pls)
> Small Battlefield and Ron Paul yesterday
> NYC store reopening
> Golden Sun HD rumors, maybe even with Isaac as a fighter (played Golden Sun and just have a tiny bit left of Golden Sun TLA so this would be really cool)
> Bonus stages like Pac-maze and poke floats could come back
> Possibly a Mario direct soon with a Geno reveal and maybe even Waluigi as a bonus

the wait gets harder

Last edited by a moderator:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Man there's been a lot going on these past 3 days.

> Pikmin 3 Deluxe comes out of nowhere (just like Lucas heh Mother trilogy remake pls)
> NYC store reopening
> Golden Sun HD rumors, maybe even with Isaac as a fighter (played Golden Sun and just have a tiny bit left of Golden Sun TLA so this would be really cool)
> Possibly a Mario direct soon with a Geno reveal and maybe even Waluigi as a bonus

the wait gets harder
>Starboy
>Sunboy
>Wahboy
>All three are in Fighters Pass 2

That would basically cement Sakurai's words (which I'm paraphrasing here since I may or may not remember the exact words) that Fighters Pass 2 will be "more opportunities to please the fans". Amazing.

MattX20

Smash Hero

> NYC store reopening

the wait gets harder
If anything, the wait is seemingly getting shorter and shorter

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Question is, how soon?

Not gonna lie, seeing all these hints that the Fighter 7 reveal is coming soon but with nothing pointing towards an exact date is... kinda frustrating, at least for me. It's like if me and a friend went driving somewhere, and my friend was constantly telling me stuff like "That tree means we're almost there!" and "The billboard! We're getting close"... and he's been saying stuff like that for over 2 hours while we still haven't reached our destination.
The window is almost totally closed for this week but I guess doing something BEFORE Obon isn't out of the question. For reference, Obon is next weekend and kicks off on Thursday. That said, if we take Mr. Grubb's hints at face value, we should be getting two Directs on two of the following days:

10, 11, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20.

Now, Nintendo's weird in that it's super persnickety about scheduling. If it does a presentation on one day, it hard sticks to that being a "presentation day" at least for several months following. Since June, those days have been Monday and Wednesday. This in mind, barring yet another schedule change, the most realistic days for the first Direct are:

Monday the 10th and Wednesday the 12th.

And for the second:

Monday the 17th and Wednesday the 19th.

If the first Direct happens on Monday, then it's logical to expect the next Direct the following Monday, for example. Frustratingly enough, Ron Paul's appearance last night means both the 10th or 12th is realistic because he tends to only post 5-7 days before a Direct.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
If anything, the wait is seemingly getting shorter and shorter
This is like Zeno's paradox of Achilles and the tortoise. The waits are getting shorter and shorter, but if we have to cross an infinite series of ever-shortening waits, are we truly capable of getting to the direct?

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace

> NYC store reopening

the wait gets harder
Wow, this two days has made the world better
>Starboy
>Sunboy
>Wahboy

That would basically cement Sakurai's words (which I'm paraphrasing here since I may or may not remember the exact words) that Fighters Pass 2 will be "more opportunities to please the fans". Amazing.
#WahderfulGoldenStar. Pd: He said that in Banjo's video
The window is almost totally closed for this week but I guess doing something BEFORE Obon isn't out of the question. For reference, Obon is next weekend and kicks off on Thursday. That said, if we take Mr. Grubb's hints at face value, we should be getting two Directs on two of the following days:

10, 11, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20.

Now, Nintendo's weird in that it's super persnickety about scheduling. If it does a presentation on one day, it hard sticks to that being a "presentation day" at least for several months following. Since June, those days have been Monday and Wednesday. This in mind, barring yet another schedule change, the most realistic days for the first Direct are:

Monday the 10th and Wednesday the 12th.

And for the second:

Monday the 17th and Wednesday the 19th.

If the first Direct happens on Monday, then it's logical to expect the next Direct the following Monday, for example. Frustratingly enough, Ron Paul's appearance last night means both the 10th or 12th is realistic because he tends to only post 5-7 days before a Direct.
So you expect one between the 10-12 and the other between 17-19 (Pls, don't let it be 19th. I don't want something weird on my birthday)
But what do you expect? I would expect a Mini Direct the 1st and a Partner Showcase the 2nd

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
>Starboy
>Sunboy
>Wahboy

Two out of those three names are members of the Legion of Superheroes and given the absurd roster of that team I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a Wahboy at some point.

Barely on topic but I thought that was funny.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. This shadowdrop implies a lot of things so let's start from the top and go from there.
  • No General/Mini Direct for August, period. They wouldn't be shadowdropping this if they had a big presentation in the coming few weeks. That doesn't mean we won't get something but we'll get to that.
  • October 30th. Now, I've seen people really try and extrapolate this as proof Nintendo has NO GAEMS, TRULY THE END TIMES! (not here I don't think, just on other sites) but is that really true? I'll admit it's a little weird THIS is what they chose to announce but still, be rational. That's 3 MONTHS after Origami King, Nintendo isn't going to not have a single first-party release for over 3 months, regardless of Covid-19, especially when they could have easily pushed back something like Clubhouse Games or Origami King to later in the year to fill the giant empty space, OR pushed Pikmin 3 Deluxe up to September since it seems to be completely done, you can preload it already and everything. It DOES raise the question of when they will announce what is coming in September if they seemingly aren't shadowdropping it.
  • Double-Double? Two presentations feels like what's on the table right now but neither of them are normal directs. So what are they? Well, not Smash, since Character 7 is still very likely out in September, so scratch off Sakurai. Same thing with Pokemon since that seems slated for November. One seems to be another partner showcase, pretty obvious. Bravely Default 2 still doesn't have a release date despite seemingly not being delayed, No More Heroes for Switch got leaked and NMH3 is almost CERTAINLY delayed to 2021. So that's one, what about the other?
  • Again, kind of obvious, what IS the deal with Mario right now? It's the start of August, yet Nintendo still hasn't announced anything related to the 35th anniversary despite literally everything under the sun pointing towards them making it a big deal. The two rumors that insiders seem to be sticking by for this year now that Pikmin 3 is here are the Mario Collection and 3D World, everything else like 2D Metroid seems to be off the table for 2020. So what are they waiting for? Mario Direct is what I'm really looking at right now, if these games are still coming this year it has to be that. Announce the two ports, another small spin-off game, add Super Mario Allstars (and potentially other games) to Switch Online, maybe even throw in a 2021 tease or announce something for a certain OTHER Nintendo game, there you go, Mario Presentation.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I don't know if this was shared, but Wal-Mart tweeted yet another SMRPG-related tweet:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I don't know if this was shared, but Wal-Mart tweeted yet another SMRPG-related tweet:
Whoever is running the Twitter for Walmart Canada Gaming must be as big a fan as we are

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Nintendo definitely has to do something for Mario 35th anniversary regardless of whether or not the Mario 3D collection turns out to be true. They've celebrated the 20th, 25th, and 30th anniversaries in the past, usually with game compilations, so there's no reason to believe the 35th anniversary would be any different. The timing also makes it perfect to announce Geno as the next DLC character, so things are looking up.

Unfortunately, we just have to be patient a little bit longer. It seems like we'll finally be getting some news soon, but because of all the shadowdrops, I doubt we'll be getting a full-fledged direct. At the very least, we do have some things to look forward to, even if it seems like it's taking forever for news.

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
I love how Walmart Canada's Twitter handler is just randomly a Geno fan and Walmart just keeps letting them post this content lol.

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Well this is huge, King Zell says that there will be a September game (Pikmin 3 will be lauched in October 30th). Nathan also said that in the past:
EerJ9ZIXsAEdN3Q.png

Also, it look like Grubb's message about something between 11th-22nd still in play:
EerJCuoWsAUQhXj.png

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
There's a good chance they browse this board, and other video game related hangouts. A social media marketing person's job does include a lot of..."research"...

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Well this is huge, King Zell says that there will be a September game (Pikmin 3 will be lauched in October 30th). Nathan also said that in the past:
View attachment 281425
Also, it look like Grubb's message about something between 11th-22nd still in play: View attachment 281426
Ooh! Are these for ants? owo I appreciate the representation but the rest of our human friends may need them larger.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
View attachment 281425
Also, it look like Grubb's message about something between 11th-22nd still in play: View attachment 281426
Feels like stuff is being revealed in reverse order. First there's that Partner Showcase revealing that Shin Megami Tensei V and Nocturne HD are slated for 2021, then Pikmin 3 Deluxe gets revealed for October, and now we have rumblings of a September game.

I bet this series of announcements is gonna end on a game releasing on the last week of August, which will be revealed literally the week before its release.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
I love how Walmart Canada's Twitter handler is just randomly a Geno fan and Walmart just keeps letting them post this content lol.
First of all, it's Walmart. They're pretty chill.

Secondly, they're Canadian, so also chill.

Thirdly, their sales have never been higher, so I must be doing something right. ;)

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Real quick, why did Nintendo develop a Pikmin 3 port? They've said they've been working on Pikmin 4 for a long time, and they basically just said "lol no we weren't we made a port instead." I'm not a Pikmin fan myself, but I really hope they get a new game soon instead of the same one wrapped up a little differently. Especially after waiting 7 years, that sucks.

a random user

Smash Journeyman
Real quick, why did Nintendo develop a Pikmin 3 port? They've said they've been working on Pikmin 4 for a long time, and they basically just said "lol no we weren't we made a port instead." I'm not a Pikmin fan myself, but I really hope they get a new game soon instead of the same one wrapped up a little differently. Especially after waiting 7 years, that sucks.
because wii u ports are so cheep it may as well be free money, there is no reason not to do them even tokyo mirage sessions got one and that game sold very badly

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Pretty much. It's the same thing I've been arguing about Waluigi and Geno forever: it's been heard and supported by too many people for it to be totally false. The rumor has changed slightly since last October but the spirit has always been the same: Nintendo sees what an RPG monster the Switch is, wants in on that Cheddar pony, and decided to give Golden Sun one last chance to put up or **** off. That said, it's Fire Emblem all over again; if sales don't impress, it's getting slam dunked in the trash.
Basically Nintendo's response to Golden Sun if it doesn't succeed in it's last chance:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
That is the only thing that has me annoyed with this announcement. Miyamoto did promise years ago a new Pikmin game was in development and regardless on what Nintendo considers to be a "new game", it felt quite clear as day Miyamoto was hinting at Pikmin 4. The fact that we only get a port of Pikmin 3, especially after the abomination that was Hey! Pikmin, just further rubbed salt in the wound.

As I said, Pikmin 3 is a great game and I am glad we are getting something Pikmin related on the Switch at all, but I can't lie that I DID feel very underwhelmed after what Miyamoto has stated in the past.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Pretty much. It's the same thing I've been arguing about Waluigi and Geno forever: it's been heard and supported by too many people for it to be totally false. The rumor has changed slightly since last October but the spirit has always been the same: Nintendo sees what an RPG monster the Switch is, wants in on that Cheddar pony, and decided to give Golden Sun one last chance to put up or **** off. That said, it's Fire Emblem all over again; if sales don't impress, it's getting slam dunked in the trash.
I'm hoping for Golden Sun fans it does well

Griselda

Smash Lord
I bought a Mario/Peach figure set today that's in scale with my Geno. Once I make Mallow and figure out which couch cushion Bowser is under, I'll be able to do a full SMRPG party picture for you guys.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I wish DLC bosses were a thing in Smash as a Smithy boss to go along with Geno in his pack would be amazing.
I agree with this. I was disappointed when Banjo didn't come with a Gruntilda boss, so I am really hoping this could become a thing soon, especially Geno bringing Smithy as a boss. Hell, a character bringing a new boss along could also mean we could get the rumored "Boss Rush" mode added in as a new mode in that update.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Since people have brought up bosses, I wish Sakurai would add in some more modes like Brawl's Boss Rush mode. There are already a few bosses in Ultimate, and then the team could possibly remaster some of the older Subspace Emissary bosses too! Additionally, I really wish we had a proper All-Star mode. I understand it would be quite long to fight through, but it is still fun nonetheless.

(Yes, I realize Sakurai essentially said no more modes after Home-run Contest, but let me dream gosh darn it.)

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I kinda like these shadowdrop announcements.
It's obviously not ideal compared to directs but it takes me back to 2012-2015 where I opened up Mario wiki every day to see if there were any new games. Kind of nostalgic in a way.

Also Pikmin 3 Deluxe. Neat.

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Feels like stuff is being revealed in reverse order. First there's that Partner Showcase revealing that Shin Megami Tensei V and Nocturne HD are slated for 2021, then Pikmin 3 Deluxe gets revealed for October, and now we have rumblings of a September game.

I bet this series of announcements is gonna end on a game releasing on the last week of August, which will be revealed literally the week before its release.
They can't. In orden to be released physical a game should be announce at least before it's release

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Two reasons:

1. A bridge between 3 and 4.

2. Basically this: https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-3103#post-24035112

The Switch is the ultimate "Give a ****" machine and, as Arlo highlights, reviving a bunch of B tier and dead franchises right now is a really smart move because Switch games sell gang busters because the install base is so enormous.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Yeah, if anything happens this month it's probably just a Mario Dorect. You wouldn't separate an announcement for a port which is easily suitable for a mini or a general. That suggests we will maybe get one Mario character which is cool though. 2 is probably not likely due to the whole idea of double dipping in the pass in a pass with 5 slots left being kind of outlandish and us knowing bonuses aren't a thing. That Mario Collection would probably be announced which would be cool. Maybe MK9. As unlikely as it is a SMRPG.

Imagine that in Link's Awakening's artstyle, would you like it or hate it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom