• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

What is your deal, dude? Honestly.

I came here because I thought Geno had a good shot. You don't need to take every outsider commenting as a threat.
Regulars from that thread have a tendency to do drive-bys of this thread. Besides, you know, calling us a cult and an echo chamber. So apologies in advance.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Again, we've had Smash related content in every single Direct since it was announced. I'm fairly confident we're getting the full reveal trailer for FP7, not the actual release for FP7. I'm not expecting the release for FP7 until September frankly

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
What is your deal, dude? Honestly.

I came here because I thought Geno had a good shot. You don't need to take every outsider commenting as a threat.
Well like I said, you never really come in here and I know you're part of the anti-Fatman clique. So I don't see all outsiders threating us.

D

Deleted member

Thanks for posting Nazyrus it clears up a lot.

Now I can go in expecting no Smash from this Direct.

I still Geno is 7 but I look forward to seeing whoever 7 is if I’m wrong.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well like I said, you never really come in here and I know you're part of the anti-Fatman clique. So I don't see all outsiders threating us.
Literally nobody was talking about Fatman right now, dude. You're being unnecessarily hostile.

D

Deleted member

Well it’s ether a Direct or bust.

oh well least we still got the Xbox Games Showcase.

So there will be some pretty cool gaming news regardless.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Alright, I'm gonna go on my date with Mimi to sleep for a while. Kinda hoping Geno gets actually leaked while I'm out.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Eh, all of this "Too Soon!" for Smash talk kinda carries the implication nobody has heard anything regarding it. I stand by the idea it makes no sense for them not to reveal 7 here when they were meant to be at E3 and the new amiibo heavily imply a September/early October release, where else are they going to reveal them unless they want to do ANOTHER shadowdrop.

That seems to imply another first-party since as we've established they tend not to get leaked, which I've been considering as the only viable alternative for 7 if it isn't Geno for awhile but it's like, what first-party character would they reveal at E3? My brain goes to either Rex or heaven forbid another Pokemon, one of which I'd be fine with and the other will honestly just kill speculation entirely for the next month.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Well, I am very curious to see what Nintendo will do, or not do. It's still a bit crazy to think we know Nintendo must have "some thing" to show for E3 before it was canceled. Microsoft and Sony has shown their plans and some big things. Nintendo? *cricket sounds*.

I agree and totally understand this whole pandemic has thrown a wrench in the gears. However, before, I understood maybe Nintendo has been waiting and trying to clean things up since this whole thing has affected their release for things. Now though, Nintendo has said to their shareholders that releases have NOT been affected and things are on schedule.

We are not asking for a big event. Just show us the videos on what your plans are Nintendo that would have been shown at E3. Put a disclaimer on it saying "dates are subject to change." That's fine! That's acceptable! JUST TELL US SOMETHING.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Let me say this one more time. Every single Direct since Ultimate was announced that wasn't specialized came with Smash content. Plus, most waves of amiibos for Ultimate tended to tie into the release of the DLC fighters. Two Square amiibos are getting released around the same time along with the last two spirit events being Square Enix properties is potentially hinting at one more Square rep on the horizon. On top of that, it's highly unlikely Nintendo would do the same gimmick with ARMS twice. Mario and other 3rd party candidates don't have the same excuse that ARMS did with every character in that game being the main character.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
I'll be honest; I can understand 100% peoples' frustrations when non-regulars to the thread pop in on occasion to shoot a quip or a nasty one-liner in our direction when it was completely unwarranted, and only done just because we're talking about what sometimes seems to be a divisive character to some people, but while i've been watching from the sidelines, I also know that sometimes folks bite at people due to perceived hostility when in actuality what the person or persons said had nothing of the sort in their post. I know that we sometimes find ourselves dealing with the occasional aggressor who seeks to troll and/or make light of the fans in this thread, but I have genuinely seen multiple instances where some people have lashed out unnecessarily about as often as folks have rightfully gotten defensive, and that's not a particularly comforting ratio. I absolutely recommend taking a step back and taking a breather, and possibly re-evaluating the statements being posted to ensure that you aren't just taking a defensive shot against something that isn't there.

This isn't to say 'let actual attackers walk all over us', but, sometimes, knee-jerk reacting causes just as many issues as someone purposefully stirring the pot, as it can cause pointless noise and rile up irritation in the process.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
No offense to Spring Man fans but Min Min is just cooler and more unique. I'm happy she was the Arms character chosen.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
And even then, I feel that Min Min was a great addition and fits very well into Smash.
Right, it’s absolutely not a jab at Min-Min, but she wasn‘t a traditionally requested character like the rumoured others are, as well as the fanbase being blindsided by an ARMS rep. It also wasn’t a jab at Fatman’s sources. Byleth stuck out in his third-party pass too.

Last edited:

TTF

Smash Journeyman
Hey now, I went to bed last night after seeing people get hyped, and now I get back on and there’s a 180 change of mood like it was the after party hangover.
What happun?

MattX20

Smash Hero
And just because Nate Drake and some other insiders claim they haven't heard anything Smash related, again I must remind people that they've been keeping these character identities a secret since Byleth

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I don't buy the FP7 not being revealed in the direct. The amiibos are coming in a few months already and the "new" in the fighter tab of the main site of smash ultimate disappeared in LESS than a month. Plus the company making trailers for smash started working in April, and even if they dont have gameplay to show they can just reveal it with a cinematic only like Terry.

Also Nate didn't know about the direct existing before Kelios's tweet started to explode more, and now Nate agrees with him lol. He also didn't know about Pokemon Snap, he doesn't know everything, he has said so himself and even the people on Era.

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
"Smash too soon" is speculative and I don't buy it given the site updating to remove "New" from Min Min and the playlist updating a few days ago. Those are literally the only two things that are actual hints for a character reveal

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I barely post in this thread myself. I’m not even a Geno supporter, Geno as a character isn’t even in my top ten most wanted characters for Smash. But I have been finding myself lurking this tread more lately, because I love the excitement and positivity of the Geno fanbase. My most wanted character in King K. Rool had similar conversations leading up to his announcement, with no real leaks and many detractors trying to ruin our fun. But he did eventually happen, and so did Banjo.

I can’t help but feel like Sakurai would be very ignorant to ignore the Geno fans this time around, especially since King K. Rool and Banjo were also “dead nobodies”. King K. Rool and Banjo barely get any talk anymore in terms of how they would be great Smash characters, because they are already in the game. Lurking the Geno thread is the closest thing I can experience with that same feeling of your most wanted finally getting in the game.

My point is, all of you have been very paitent in waiting for your wish to come true, and with the dark times we are currently living in, the amount of happiness that Geno becoming playable would bring would be amazing. I’m rooting for you guys.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I don't buy the FP7 not being revealed in the direct. The amiibos are coming in a few months already and the "new" in the fighter tab of the main site of smash ultimate disappeared in LESS than a month. Plus the company making trailers for smash started working in April, and even if they dont have gameplay to show they can just reveal it with a cinematic only like Terry.
EXACTLY! It makes no sense to push back FP7 that long, especially when 3rd parties are involved. Sakurai made it clear the DLC was still on schedule according to that interview prior to MinMin's reveal, so FP7 is almost assuredly ready to show off. FP8 and the others will probably be shown off at a later date

D

Deleted member

It's never "too late" to have a Smash reveal, especially when we're in a worse off situation than Joker last year. I like Min Min, but she can't carry the rest of the year. Besides, Nintendo haven't showed anything they had planned at E3 yet.

Keep in mind that out of nearly seven whole months, we've only had 1 character. If they have a "3 characters per year" schedule then they have to act fast.

Last edited by a moderator:

7NATOR

Smash Master
I mean, Couldn't they just reveal that there will be a Seperate Presentation Date for the New Smash character coming Very Soon after the Direct. If they really gonna Shadowdrop this Direct, I don't think they gonna want to Spoil the character like that

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Well, I am very curious to see what Nintendo will do, or not do. It's still a bit crazy to think we know Nintendo must have "some thing" to show for E3 before it was canceled. Microsoft and Sony has shown their plans and some big things. Nintendo? *cricket sounds*.

I agree and totally understand this whole pandemic has thrown a wrench in the gears. However, before, I understood maybe Nintendo has been waiting and trying to clean things up since this whole thing has affected their release for things. Now though, Nintendo has said to their shareholders that releases have NOT been affected and things are on schedule.

We are not asking for a big event. Just show us the videos on what your plans are Nintendo that would have been shown at E3. Put a disclaimer on it saying "dates are subject to change." That's fine! That's acceptable! JUST TELL US SOMETHING.
Yea, people would be (mostly) understanding that delays happen. But Nintendo keeps reassuring that everything is back on schedule while continuing to not show anything. So people are getting fed up as its giving conflicting images on their current status, with the only thing that can make both statements come off as true is if Nintendo had nothing for this year. Nintendo is acting like this is a computer virus and it completely erased their hard-drives of everything and now they have nothing, so they need to use anything to showcase and then push Bakugan.

The virus has inspired people in different ways to communicate to continue their work, but Nintendo has gone in the opposite direction and has become more silent.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
This doesnt even have to do with Geno

But MAN

Nate Drake and GameXplain’s predictions made me feel sick to my stomach.

they both said no Smash reveal until later in the year and speculated the arms nonsense happening again.

Complete hype killer right there.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Also, we must remember one more thing: Nintendo is a business first and foremost. What Jon from Gamexplain suggested regarding no character reveals or releases for the rest of the year is the thought process of madness. I'm not expecting more than the first half of the pass to be both revealed and released by year's end, but to suggest all 5 of the remaining fighters in 2021 is a ludicrous position to take up and makes no sense from a business standpoint. Even with that December 2021 end date, it would be disastrous to hold off 80-90% of the entire pass off like this

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I like how the French dude deconfirms conspiracy theories about playlists and things. Makes him seem more credible by not being in it for the blind hype. Plus, he’s really quantupling down instead of already crawling back with things like “well it could be delayed”. He’s really sure while not straying from things he’s sure about. Solid work.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I mean, Couldn't they just reveal that there will be a Seperate Presentation Date for the New Smash character coming Very Soon after the Direct. If they really gonna Shadowdrop this Direct, I don't think they gonna want to Spoil the character like that
They're clearly ok with shadowdropping everything else in the direct.

Look, I despise the whole "character from this game/franchise" thing, and while I don't think they'd do it again, I think the only other franchise I can see them pulling that with is Pokemon. And that scares me.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
This doesnt even have to do with Geno

But MAN

Nate Drake and GameXplain’s predictions made me feel sick to my stomach.

they both said no Smash reveal until later in the year and speculated the arms nonsense happening again.

Complete hype killer right there.
As ***** as their predictions sound, they're probably right knowning our luck. GameXplain was on the non believing side when the Grinch Leak was going on and they were right. These guys might not be leakers, but they do have some connections with Nintendo.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever One thing I also wanted to note is that first party content has alluded most people and that Nintendo is overwhelmingly better at keeping them secret than other companies. Dark Samus, Chrom, K. Rool, Plant, and Byleth really didn't leak and people didn't know about Min Min until after it came out that 6 was going to be an ARMS. In comparison, there's literally been two third party characters for Ultimate that didn't leak: Richter and Joker.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever One thing I also wanted to note is that first party content has alluded most people and that Nintendo is overwhelmingly better at keeping them secret than other companies. Dark Samus, Chrom, K. Rool, Plant, and Byleth really didn't leak and people didn't know about Min Min until after it came out that 6 was going to be an ARMS. In comparison, there's literally been two third party characters for Ultimate that didn't leak: Richter and Joker.
Yeah, so I think there’s still a chance that another first party slips through. There already seem to be more names going around than there are slots left so it wouldn’t surprise me if there was a first party character somewhere down the line, although it‘s also likely it is indeed full steam ahead and all remaining characters are already firmly in the rumor mill.

MattX20

Smash Hero
As ***** as their predictions sound, they're probably right knowning our luck. GameXplain was on the non believing side when the Grinch Leak was going on and they were right. These guys might not be leakers, but they do have some connections with Nintendo.
Again, what they're suggesting is insanely stupid. No character reveals beyond MinMin for the year is so baffling and insane/stupid that it defies basic comprehension. I cannot take the idea of Gamexplain saying this with Sakurai making it clear the DLC is on track in terms of development.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
And being blunt the only reason Joker didn't get leaked was because it was a super-last minute thing they set up a week before the Game Awards, honestly I think there's a pretty probable timeline where they waited until February to reveal him after Plant came out.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Again, what they're suggesting is insanely stupid. No character reveals beyond MinMin for the year is so baffling and insane/stupid that it defies basic comprehension. I cannot take the idea of Gamexplain saying this with Sakurai making it clear the DLC is on track in terms of development.
Or they're just trying to cover things up for Nintendo since a lot of **** has been leaking lately.

D

Deleted member

THIS! Why is everyone being so pessimistic for no reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom