• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Still think we're getting at least three: whoever the Mario presentation reveal was supposed to be and the E3 reveals. Since January my prediction for the E3 reveals has been Geno and Crash but, ironically, things have come up recently that suggest that not only was Geno supposed to be the Mario presentation reveal but the E3 reveals were potentially Waluigi and Crash. Running the full gambit, in the event that Nintendo goes absolute Mad Lad, I think we'll be seeing a second first party pick and I have inkling that if Nintendo goes that far it will be Dixie Kong. So, in short:

Pessimistic: No one and we all spontaneously die of disappointment.

Neutral: Geno or Crash

Optimistic: Geno and Crash

Super Optimistic: Geno, Waluigi, and Crash

"Fatman's Patented Bull**** Optimism©": Geno, Waluigi, Crash, and probably Dixie
Fatman, haven't we established that the Mario Presentation only existed at all because E3 was canned? As in, whatever was going to be at E3 related to Mario got shoved into that first before that got canned as well? So if they did plan to reveal a Mario Character there it was originally planned for E3? There is no "triple reveal" timeline here. Min Min was going to be revealed at the Spring Direct and then at E3 we would have gotten 7 and likely 8. Straight forward and simple. In the current timeline, we have everything seemingly pushed back a month or two, and whatever was going to be at E3 will likely be in next weeks direct, bringing certainly 7 and maybe 8 depending on how stuff shakes out. Hinging on a triple reveal is absolute insanity and I figured after what happened in January you wouldn't do that again.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Yeah, after getting an Astral Chain spirit event, I'd give Akira's chances about 1% tops, unfortunately.
I mean, never say never (looking at Min Min) and luckily, they have only scratched the surface on what they could do in terms of a spirit board if they just so happen to be apart of this. But yeah, unless they are secretly working on an Astral Chain sequel (which would make me extremely happy concidering it would have been my favorite game last year if not for Three Houses) and they want to promote that, I don´t see them happen no matter if that spirit event had happened or not.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
"Hype responsibly" and any variation of it does sound rather patronizing to me, I'm not gonna lie... I think what the people who I like to call "the hype police" fail to realize is that each person has their own way of handling their personal expectations, and no set of bars for hype can really fit everyone. Some folks can hype themselves immensely and still be able to curb it in the case that their expectations weren't met. Others prefer to temper their excitement and still get elated once their expectations were shattered. And guess what? Both of these methods are fine for certain people! They work.

That's not to say everyone handles hype in the most appropriate manner for themselves, of course. But this is mostly something of a case by case basis. You'd have to understand a given individual's situation and how they act out their hype or lack thereof, and that's one thing we can only really do with people we have intimacy with, like friends and family and whatnot. Those are my two cents on the matter.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
I'm going full blown war horn hype mode for the next direct. It's news. It's Nintendo news. Not only that, it's Nintendo's "E3" news. Woo! :kirby:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
There is a reason why I am personally doing this hype responsibly thing...

I have seen people overhype themselves in other fanbases, mostly the Sonic one, only to be disappointed in the end or greatly angry about something, and those things they were angry about were not even that bad at all or badly designed. It can happen to anyone, including us. So feel free to not hype responsibly, but if any of you get disappointed if Geno does not make it in as Fighter 7, or in the pass at all for that matter, that should tell you something.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
"Hype responsibly" and any variation of it does sound rather patronizing to me, I'm not gonna lie... I think what the people who I like to call "the hype police" fail to realize is that each person has their own way of handling their personal expectations, and no set of bars for hype can really fit everyone. Some folks can hype themselves immensely and still be able to curb it in the case that their expectations weren't met. Others prefer to temper their excitement and still get elated once their expectations were shattered. And guess what? Both of these methods are fine for certain people! They work.

That's not to say everyone handles hype in the most appropriate manner for themselves, of course. But this is mostly something of a case by case basis. You'd have to understand a given individual's situation and how they act out their hype or lack thereof, and that's one thing we can only really do with people we have intimacy with, like friends and family and whatnot. Those are my two cents on the matter.
We all know how this thread was when the infamous bird pic meant nothing because people had hyped themself up to oblivion. It wasn´t a pretty sight I can tell you that. So there is a logical reason why there is a "hype responsible police" in this thread

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
We all know how this thread was when the infamous bird pic meant nothing because people had hyped themself up to oblivion. It wasn´t a pretty sight I can tell you that. So there is a logical reason why there is a "hype responsible police" in this thread
I know what you mea. That bird picture was for nothing and people were upset about it. As for what Malo said about different people hyping themselves differently, we all have different ways of doing things, but in many ways, I believe the human mind does not function too differently in everyone, especially in terms of getting disappointed. It's not like everyone is that different in terms of getting disappointed in the end, no matter how they lead themselves to becoming so, right?

D

Deleted member

I just let people have high expectations even though I don’t agree with something that is that likely to them. I’m sure we all seen this message many times before. We’re all adults here. We can handle disappointment. If you can’t handle disappointment and go full meltdown then you probably should hype responsibly. People should not take speculation and hints for granted. Disappointment is part of life. Let me tell you that there are things that would be much more tragic and serious than video games. If Geno isn’t 7, why be disappointed when he could be 8-11? If Geno isn’t in, well that sucks. I’ll eventually get over it the next day and move on with life.

Last edited by a moderator:

QQS

Smash Lord
Nice story about Ice Climbers Fatmanonice Fatmanonice . Good face reveal bro, never imagined you without the picture. You seems like a good guy, and all here seems nice Geno friends.

Warm welcome to CARMi CARMi ! This community is amazing!

Loved how Blankiturayman Blankiturayman described his love for Mega Man. Such like me. My 3 favorite reveals so far has been: Mega Man, then Banjo and finally Sonic. Geno will be the best when he gets is. I just adore Mega Man and Geno together so it’s a pleasure to read the same passion.

GENO FOLLOWS A NEW ROUTE!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
In regards to what I said in my last post, I want to clarify. The end result of how we behave is not normally different. When something good happens, we get happy. Something bad happens, we get angry or sad. Not many times does something bad make us happy or something good makes us angry or sad. In terms of Smash, when something like a Direct is hinted and it potentially may show a character we want, we tend to get excited.

This is different from opinions, or that everyone has their own way of doing things. While there may still be exceptions, some people who overyhype themselves do tend to get disapointed in the end. Of course, there are those with stronger minds who won't possibly be disappointed and shrug it off, but not everyone has the power to do that; at least not right away. I am worried that, even though it is beyond my control, some people could get upset and disappointed, possibly angry in terms of unreasonable levels if Geno is not the next Smash reveal as they predict.

D

Deleted member

I'll hype responsibly when I'm dead

which will be this Monday because Geno's gonna kill me

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Been playing New Horizons and moved O'Hare into town recently. I just realized how much his design reminds me of Geno. Brown body, hat, blue clothes, similar eyes and mouth, etc. Even funnier since a conversation a few days ago stated that Geno is a rabbit person! (in terms of pets)

296px-OHare_NH.png

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Do you guys expect a double whammy reveal similar to last E3? Personally I don’t myself but the idea of It is super cool. If we do I’m hoping it’ll be a combination of either Geno, Lloyd, Crash or Dante respectfully.
I'm not expecting it, but I'm sure as hell hoping for it. If we get both Geno and Waluigi during the same Direct, that might just be enough to top both August 8th and E3 2019... in my subjective opinion. (In my opinion.)

TBH I'm fine with them just doing that, but at the very least my main sticking point is doubling the frame rate on 64 and Sunshine. Going from 30 to 60 in those games is such a drastic improvement visually, especially for Sunshine, that I really can't see myself not just going back to emulating them if they don't. Two of my favorite ""remakes"" are the Banjo Kazooie and especially Tooie ports for the 360, specifically because they make them definitive, objectively better versions of the game with just some upscaling and 60fps, especially for Tooie which runs like complete ass on N64 due to getting rushed out for Holiday 2000.
As a purist, I very much prefer the originals to the remakes for several reasons. While I do admit the upscaling and 60FPS is a treat, a lot of the other changes they made to the games makes them not worth it in my eyes.
  • Until it was patched, if you play the Bottles Puzzle Minigame in B-K and the Banjo in the frame collects a note before you collect it, that note will disappear forever from that file. This was the result of them making note collection permanent, which was made to ease up on the game's difficulty for completionists and newbies. Since it's programmed to not add notes collected by the Banjos in the frames to your totals because you aren't actually there, the note disappears from the level but it's not added to your totals, meaning your dream of finishing the game 100% just went down Loggo's gullet like a little clown boy.
  • They removed the ability to skip dialogue by holding L, R and B at the same time. (That was a thing you could do, by the way.)
  • While I get removing all of the Nintendo references, I don't understand how they couldn't replace the N64 logo in the intro with an animated Xbox-styled X or something, instead they just removed it. And yeah I get that it would be extra work they technically didn't need to do, but the sound effects from the N64 logo still play during the intro. They did this same thing for Tooie, but it's much better there since the logo doesn't make any noise.
  • While they generally did a great job at upscaling the textures, as well as fixing a few issues here and there like the door to Freezeezy Peak, the HD-ifying they did to the HUD is absolutely ****ing atrocious. It's like they took the textures and put them through a program that automatically smooths them out, and it loses a bit of the charm of the old ones. It's kind of like what they did to Mega Man X on iOS devices.
  • While I appreciate them properly adding the Stop'n'Swop into the games and allowing it to unlock stuff in Nuts'n'Bolts (though I don't quite care for it personally), I don't like how they rewrote the ending to tie it in to Nuts'n'Bolts rather than Banjo-Tooie. It really changes the tone of what Mumbo means when he says Nuts'n'Bolts makes Banjo-Kazooie look like a joke. It also makes the Split-Up Pads in Heggy's Egg Shed completely worthless, though that's not much of a I II II I_ .
  • Being on newer consoles they obviously had to change the controls to match with the Xbox family of controllers, and as someone who's perfectly fine emulating legally playing on my N64 video game console B-K and B-T with my Switch Pro Controller officially liscenced N64 controller I have no issue with this. However, due to the buttons being different, it completely ruins Jamjars' speeches in Tooie. In the original, they used the buttons themselves to rhyme with other words in his speeches. So if he said "Z", or "zed" as these disgusting limeys like to say it, it would rhyme with "head". That's no longer the case in the remakes, and the charm of his drill seregent-esque... drilling, is lost.
  • The reference to Mario when they're talking to Loggo in Tooie is replaced with "That Well-Known Italian", not even kidding.
  • There are apparently a few audio issues with Tooie, such as sounds cutting out prematurely and certain instruments not sounding right.

Ok then, who do you think will appear as Challenger 7 if Geno or Waluigi isn't the case for the potential Nintendo Direct Next Week.
No idea. Min Min really isn't really enough for me to go off of in terms of predicting who'll be next. That said, I do believe that Rex & Pyra (and Mythra) have a strong chance of making it in before Vol. 2 is done.

Ok, this may not mean much but...

Ah yes, the credible leaker known as Wal-Mart Canada Gaming.

Been playing New Horizons and moved O'Hare into town recently. I just realized how much his design reminds me of Geno. Brown body, hat, blue clothes, similar eyes and mouth, etc. Even funnier since a conversation a few days ago stated that Geno is a rabbit person! (in terms of pets)

View attachment 278431
Oh, so just because they both have brown skin you think they look alike. Wow, shaking my goddamned HEAD. :ultpacman:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's just a social media account. Though Walmart Canada DID leak multiple E3 reveals two years ago...

(I'm joking about this having anything to do with a Smash reveal, though Walmart Canada did seriously leak a bunch of games that were revealed at E3 2018 - not sure if the list was completely accurate, but they did reveal Gears of War 5 and Rage 2)
Just one question, which is about this person's credibility, if Geno does have a chance, if this guy can be trusted, and that is...

Why do they even include Walmart in their name in the first place?

Okay, not about any of the three things I said above, but you should get what I mean.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Just one question, which is about this person's credibility, if Geno does have a chance, if this guy can be trusted, and that is...

Why do they even include Walmart in their name in the first place?

Okay, not about any of the three things I said above, but you should get what I mean.
It’s an official Walmart Twitter account

We’re mostly ****ing around but hey, you never know.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It’s an official Walmart Twitter account

We’re mostly ****ing around but hey, you never know.
I thought it was. No surprise here.

Call me crazy, but do you think it means something? I said call me crazy because I am taking this as a possible hint.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I'm not expecting it, but I'm sure as hell hoping for it. If we get both Geno and Waluigi during the same Direct, that might just be enough to top both August 8th and E3 2019... in my subjective opinion. (In my opinion.)

As a purist, I very much prefer the originals to the remakes for several reasons. While I do admit the upscaling and 60FPS is a treat, a lot of the other changes they made to the games makes them not worth it in my eyes.
  • Until it was patched, if you play the Bottles Puzzle Minigame in B-K and the Banjo in the frame collects a note before you collect it, that note will disappear forever from that file. This was the result of them making note collection permanent, which was made to ease up on the game's difficulty for completionists and newbies. Since it's programmed to not add notes collected by the Banjos in the frames to your totals because you aren't actually there, the note disappears from the level but it's not added to your totals, meaning your dream of finishing the game 100% just went down Loggo's gullet like a little clown boy.
  • They removed the ability to skip dialogue by holding L, R and B at the same time. (That was a thing you could do, by the way.)
  • While I get removing all of the Nintendo references, I don't understand how they couldn't replace the N64 logo in the intro with an animated Xbox-styled X or something, instead they just removed it. And yeah I get that it would be extra work they technically didn't need to do, but the sound effects from the N64 logo still play during the intro. They did this same thing for Tooie, but it's much better there since the logo doesn't make any noise.
  • While they generally did a great job at upscaling the textures, as well as fixing a few issues here and there like the door to Freezeezy Peak, the HD-ifying they did to the HUD is absolutely ****ing atrocious. It's like they took the textures and put them through a program that automatically smooths them out, and it loses a bit of the charm of the old ones. It's kind of like what they did to Mega Man X on iOS devices.
  • While I appreciate them properly adding the Stop'n'Swop into the games and allowing it to unlock stuff in Nuts'n'Bolts (though I don't quite care for it personally), I don't like how they rewrote the ending to tie it in to Nuts'n'Bolts rather than Banjo-Tooie. It really changes the tone of what Mumbo means when he says Nuts'n'Bolts makes Banjo-Kazooie look like a joke. It also makes the Split-Up Pads in Heggy's Egg Shed completely worthless, though that's not much of a I II II I_ .
  • Being on newer consoles they obviously had to change the controls to match with the Xbox family of controllers, and as someone who's perfectly fine emulating legally playing on my N64 video game console B-K and B-T with my Switch Pro Controller officially liscenced N64 controller I have no issue with this. However, due to the buttons being different, it completely ruins Jamjars' speeches in Tooie. In the original, they used the buttons themselves to rhyme with other words in his speeches. So if he said "Z", or "zed" as these disgusting limeys like to say it, it would rhyme with "head". That's no longer the case in the remakes, and the charm of his drill seregent-esque... drilling, is lost.
  • The reference to Mario when they're talking to Loggo in Tooie is replaced with "That Well-Known Italian", not even kidding.
  • There are apparently a few audio issues with Tooie, such as sounds cutting out prematurely and certain instruments not sounding right.

No idea. Min Min really isn't really enough for me to go off of in terms of predicting who'll be next. That said, I do believe that Rex & Pyra (and Mythra) have a strong chance of making it in before Vol. 2 is done.

Ah yes, the credible leaker known as Wal-Mart Canada Gaming.

Oh, so just because they both have brown skin you think they look alike. Wow, shaking my goddamned HEAD. :ultpacman:
I mean it's basically a bunch of tiny nitpicks you have to deal with vs Tooie slugging along at 10-15 fps compared to the consistent 30 (I could have sworn it was 60) in the XBLA Version. I don't really think it's something like a Skies of Arcadia situation where the Gamecube version adds a bunch of content but also ruins the entire soundtrack due to a weird sound engine change.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I thought it was. No surprise here.

Call me crazy, but do you think it means something? I said call me crazy because I am taking this as a possible hint.
It almost certainly doesn't. If we believed social media accounts for companies were hinting at unrelated or unannounced games/content, then we'd have about seventeen Big the Cat games according to the Sonic Twitter account, probably.

(I have no idea how many times the Sonic Twitter account has brought up the idea of a Big the Cat game, if any - it's just a random example. My point is, I doubt that whoever's in charge of the Walmart Canada Gaming Twitter account has knowledge of who's coming next for Smash)

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I mean it's basically a bunch of tiny nitpicks you have to deal with vs Tooie slugging along at 10-15 fps compared to the consistent 30 (I could have sworn it was 60) in the XBLA Version. I don't really think it's something like a Skies of Arcadia situation where the Gamecube version adds a bunch of content but also ruins the entire soundtrack due to a weird sound engine change.
Yeah, I know. As I said it's all pedantry, small stuff that is significantly outweighed by all the benefits.

Droodle

Smash Lord
I am confused, what would Walmart Canada Gaming know? Is it really even Walmart at all?
It really means zilch and this isn't the first time Walmart Canada Twitter has done this, I think a couple of months back they were also stating that Geno, Reimu, Sora, Waluigi, Crash, etc should all get into Smash. If the person that does run Walmart Twitter knows the character, which realistically speaking they shouldn't; then they are about to get into loads of trouble by the Nintendo Ninjas and Walmart itself.

So really it's not a hint, but even if Geno is 7 then it was just a coincidence for the most part. I doubt a person who runs a corporate twitter account would know anything.

That said they do have good taste in characters.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
On the topic of caving to long time fan demands, one goofy AF rumor is Geno and Mallow eventually coming to Mario Kart Tour and my reaction is likely what all of yours are... WTF? On one hand it would hilarious while on the other hand it's the definition of Monkey Paw **** and I'm 99% sure it's bull**** or leakbait.
While I know this rumor is pretty crackpot, it could support the fact that Nintendo may have actually bought the rights back to Geno and SMRPG. Probably not the case, but lemme dream.

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
While I know this rumor is pretty crackpot, it could support the fact that Nintendo may have actually bought the rights back to Geno and SMRPG. Probably not the case, but lemme dream.
That's what I've been saying for... days...

Square can't use them, so they might as well sell them back to Nintendo who likely also won't use them except for Parties or Karts or Sports...

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Mega crackpot given the Mario Kart teams seeming refusal to use characters the core Nintendo EPD team hasn't created/worked with. Of course there's Dixie, Funky, and Diddy in the mobile game now but they feel like more of an exception than anything. (Gee, sure is weird the core Nintendo team is choosing to use DKC characters despite being seemingly indifferent to their entire existence in the past, it's almost like there might be a reason for that, not like there's a lot of evidence and weird things popping up that seem to imply the core Nintendo team is taking over the reigns for Donkey Kong, noooope)

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
So probably Wednesday, Thursday or Friday, we are going to receive the announcement for the 20th-7-2020. If that’s the case, Geno and Crash; or Geno and Waluigi; or only Geno, is happening 100% for me. With the rest being Rayman, Dante, Hayabusa, a Pokemon, Dixie, Bandana or a new Zelda or Sonic rep. :)

0E7A5E03-DF92-4662-8A52-0845C083E498.png

In that case, Geno would still be the #7 DLC, the #77 fighter, revealed on the 7th month from the game 7 Stars. With Geno and Crash the FP2 would be at 3/6 and a total sold out: the biggest fan favorite left + the biggest world mascot left. It would be insane.

♥♪!? POSSESS GENO AGAIN!

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Mega crackpot given the Mario Kart teams seeming refusal to use characters the core Nintendo EPD team hasn't created/worked with. Of course there's Dixie, Funky, and Diddy in the mobile game now but they feel like more of an exception than anything. (Gee, sure is weird the core Nintendo team is choosing to use DKC characters despite being seemingly indifferent to their entire existence in the past, it's almost like there might be a reason for that, not like there's a lot of evidence and weird things popping up that seem to imply the core Nintendo team is taking over the reigns for Donkey Kong, noooope)
To be fair, Funky was also in MK Wii

pinshadow

Smash Lord
To be fair, Funky was also in MK Wii
So was Diddy but they both got cut after, which is especially weird for Diddy. Now here they are randomly back in the mobile game despite not even coming back in 8 Deluxe along with Dixie as well? All I'm saying is it feels a little weird and combined with a lot of stuff happening around the DK franchise really paints an interesting picture that I don't really want to go into since it's unrelated to the thread.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I'm screenshotting this to see how well this ages by Monday.

[In case people are confused about the context of this post, this guy is referring to Geno and how it will, according to him, not happen].

Capture.PNG

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
If they planned on buying the SMRPG rights, then why wasn´t Geno in the base game I might ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom