• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
With a Direct likely on the horizon, what has been the most emotional reveal for you all to this point? Oddly enough, it was Lucas in Smash 4 for me:

This video especially did me in. I saw a lot of very heartfelt web comics when Lucas wasn't in the base game and, aside from the Ice Climbers, it was one of the only cut characters that made me genuinely sad. Lucas then coming back and essentially confirming more DLC was a weirdly uplifting moment. There's also the fact that Lucas was pretty much the last character that Iwata presented before he died and of course his passing is something that still hurts to this day. I know it's an Earthbound track but, Smiles and Tears really a perfect descriptor of that reveal.
Joker for me. Never had any attachment to Persona, and only knew about Joker from a few YouTubers, but his reveal was so surprising and so unexpected that it's personally the most memorable one. Props to Nintendo for managing to keep it a secret

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
With a Direct likely on the horizon, what has been the most emotional reveal for you all to this point? Oddly enough, it was Lucas in Smash 4 for me:

This video especially did me in. I saw a lot of very heartfelt web comics when Lucas wasn't in the base game and, aside from the Ice Climbers, it was one of the only cut characters that made me genuinely sad. Lucas then coming back and essentially confirming more DLC was a weirdly uplifting moment. There's also the fact that Lucas was pretty much the last character that Iwata presented before he died and of course his passing is something that still hurts to this day. I know it's an Earthbound track but, Smiles and Tears really a perfect descriptor of that reveal.
2366D1B9-D01C-4CB5-9FAA-5BF4889A4423.jpg

This.
Snake's situation was desperate compared to other veterans (1st and 3rd party), it legit felt like he was never coming back.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I just realized something tonight:
You know how Nintendo advertised the Switch as a game music player in the August direct?
Think about it, Nintendo saw it as such a selling point that they even payed an actress and crew to film a scene showing her listening to the Switch as a music player
Nintendo does face competition in Youtube rips if they're using Smash being a music player as a selling point
This brings me to the Youtube takedowns of BtFM and FAaAB from July 2019. These tracks are iconic and beloved, Nintendo wouldn't want free Youtube rips of these songs being competition to Geno's track list in Smash if he's included as a fighter.
My point is that it makes even more sense for Nintendo to take down songs in Geno's track list from Youtube if they see Smash's music playing capabilities as that strong of a selling point.

Last edited:

TTF

Smash Journeyman

Mine was a 3 way tie between Cloud, King K. Rool & Banjo-Kazooie. All have in common my "*sharp intake of air while gasping* THEY DID! THEY ACTUALLY DID IT!" reaction to them.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Question, does anyone know if we could find out if that HotGirl voice clip has any source we are just missing? Could be from something already out there and we just don't know it.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

9627E713-F27F-495A-809F-30F3097891C0.gif

I fought tooth and nail for literal years with people about how “Snake didn’t fit” and “they were glad he was gone” and “that he didn’t deserve it”. On top of that all of the Konami drama happened and it seemed like he was never coming back and my second most wanted, Simon Belmont was just a BIG ole pipe dream. And then:
1594703863859.gif

and then when I thought it couldn’t get any better I got K. Rool. But even then I think the most emotional I got was right here.
1594703958343.gif

a lot of you may not know. My first console was an N64 and for my age that is probably pretty surprising. My first game was Diddy Kong Racing. I fell in love with the bear and bird while most people were playing Mario 64 I was playing Banjo-Kazooie. After I FINALLY got Smash 64 to work over at my cousins. I went through and saw there were four unlockable characters. I thought one of these HAS to be Banjo. It wasn’t. And the whole time that game was out I was thinking “Where’s Banjo?” I got Melee. “Where’s Banjo?”. Now, 20 years later, Banjo is in. It’s just so surreal.

So yeah, Smash Ultimate has given me more than I can reasonably ask for. Everything since Banjo has been gravy. Everything since Simon has been gravy. Everything since Snake has been gravy. Smash Ultimate is just one of the 3 games I consider perfect.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
For reveals, it was definitely both Lucas and Roy returning in 4. Lost my mains two games running, was nice to have them both back via DLC. However, "Everyone is Here" is definitely up there as a better reveal. It shifted my mood from apprehension ("will my mains get taken again?") to being able to think about who's coming full time.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
For reveals, for me, nothing even comes close as Banjo & Kazooie's reveal. They've been characters I've wanted in Smash ever since the N64 days. I laughed, I cried, I basically experienced every emotion one can during that darn E3 Reveal trailer. I think it's safe to say that I don't think I could be more excited by any reveal trailer ever again in my life, if that was the culmination of wanting a character for 15 years, hah.

I will say though, that initial Direct that announced Everyone is Here with Ridley at the end was also pretty hype, just because it was clear how much was in the game.

I'm not sure it's possible to top Ultimate for me, even if there is another Smash game, based on the sheer amount of everything in Ultimate.

Last edited:

yakko789

Smash Apprentice
Hey peeps! I've been practicing background art for my portfolio before I start my final year at the University next month! (YAY!) I did a study of Star Hill and thought I'd share it here cause I know y'all would appreciate it. :D

Drawn in Photoshop. I regularly post on instagram @manny.draws if anybody would like to follow me there. And yes, I felt like drawing Star Hill cause I STILL believe in our wonderful Geno. Love him so much lol T_T

Star Hill.jpg

QQS

Smash Lord
B
Hey peeps! I've been practicing background art for my portfolio before I start my final year at the University next month! (YAY!) I did a study of Star Hill and thought I'd share it here cause I know y'all would appreciate it. :D

Drawn in Photoshop. I regularly post on instagram @manny.draws if anybody would like to follow me there. And yes, I felt like drawing Star Hill cause I STILL believe in our wonderful Geno. Love him so much lol T_T

View attachment 278369
Beautiul art man! Best wishes! :)

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Hello there folks! I slacked off during the past several days since Min Min's reveal, but given how mountains of evidence are stacked in favor of a Direct of some sort taking place on the 20th and Geno's generally advantageous position in Smash speculation, it would be as good a time as ever for me to retu-

the staggering realization that I missed out on more than 200 pages and the looming reminder that we're about to hit the vaunted 3000th page suddenly seeps rapidly through my mind

mario 64 corrupt head blur.png

... I need to keep better track of this thread, don't I?

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
Geno officially confirmed in Smash will bring up so many perfect stuff:

-End of this long Fan Demand
-A very beautiful CGI with a revival of Geno after his 24 years old only playable game on SNES in 1996.
-Beautiful and first official 3D HD modeled art style of Geno
-Very nice addition in terms of moveset: new mechanics (Timed Hits)
-Very nice music addition
-Very pretty stage with many SMRPG cameos
-Epic reference to SMRPG in the Classic Route (should I say Geno’s Route?)
-A new adorable Kirby’s hat
-SMRPG finally ported to the NSO (it’s already on the Wii VC, Wii U VC and packed in the Mini Snes)
-30 to 45 minutos explanation of Sakurai talking about the bridges created between Nintendo and Square with SMPRG and how to use Geno. Also, telling jokes about him probably being #7
-Maybe future plans on reusing Geno in other games or remakes
-Geno officially in the Hall of Fame of Nintendo among Banjo-Kazooie, Mega Man and other characters heavily associated/born with Nintendo.

-An eternal smile to his faithfully fans like us and all worldwide Geno fans. A sense of satisfaction and permanent goosebumps and tears of joy.
-A big lesson to all detractors. It’s daily dose on Instagram, Twitter or YouTube. People always making fun of Geno. A big slap in the face just like with The Never Evers.
-The last piece of the cake. We (the new and old fans) can breathe in peace about his inclusion. Even if I’m active here since a year ago, I love Geno since I was 6 years old and been wishing for him since Smash 64 (from my home and between my friends). Then on Melee. Then since Brawl with the heavy Geno campaign, then the Half broken heart with the costume and now 100% sure he is in playable in Ultimate. This wish is going to be granted.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
In the Smash 4 days, I was only peeking at the side. Didn´t have a Wii U, and while S4 seemed cool, it wasn´t worth paying 360 bucks to play it.
Been playing Smash since 64, and my first console was the Snes. Fuqk, I feel old.
Megaman being in Smash was like, Huh, about time.
And the news that Cloud was in S4, literally made me go WTF is going on there.
I was about to buy one but then Iwata revealed that the NX was coming.
This made me wait to buy a NX, whenever it came out.
Switch came out and was the second console I got first day, besides the Wii. This was the console I wanted. This was the best console in theory. We just got to wait for the games to come out. So I waited, bought the obvious choices for Switch. And waited for Smash Deluxe or Smash 4 port to came out.
That teaser for the game, still gives me goosebumps. Straight out cool.
And so E3 came.
Who´s in?
Who´s out?
tumblr_paa36wP9m11skgj7to1_1280.png
( I don´t think Sakurai would scream at his devs)

My favorite reveals were King K Rool, Ridley and Banjo.
Ridley was like FINALLY ANOTHER METROID rep that isn´t a samus. Should have been since Melee! AND NOT TOO BIG.
Also, I LOVED Etika´s reaction.
King K rool: The fat ******* is here, and he looks T H I C C and evil as ****. What a beautiful reveal.
Banjo-Kazooie:
This one made my day, hell,my week. I was quietly shouting and throwing my arms up cause it was so early in the morning. They´re here. Hoped they were in Melee when I was 10.
But they´re here. Back home. Finally, the most improbable of them all.
The stage was insane. So many little references. They actually play like in the game.
The music is great, and freaking Kirkhope doing the tracks. And the first western rep.

I know I ***** and are a most doubtful person about Geno. But I can guarantee you, that if he´s in.
I. WILL. LOSE. MY. ****.
oh, and you have my word about those two ten dollar Switch codes.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 278369
As I talked about before, Star Hill should definitely be Geno’s stage imo. I believe it’s much more important to Geno’s lore and the game. Imagine how beautiful it would look in Smash. The Forest Maze seems pretty boring to me. It also gave me flashbacks from these obnoxious bees.

Last edited by a moderator:

CARMi

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, I'm CARMi from Italy (Naples), I've always followed the thread and I love to read your comments. I played Super Mario RPG way back in 1997 (I was 11 years old, now I'm 33) although it has never been officially released in its PAL version (it's a long story about how an Italian company called "CDverte" modified the NTSC version to be able to play it on PAL console, you can read the story on this site via google translate Racconti dall'ospizio #70: Super Mario RPG - Il Mario perduto ...www.outcast.it › home › racconti-dallospizio-70-super-... ). Super Mario RPG is one of my favorite games ever, and in the Smash community in Italy I am well known for my boundless love for Geno. I'm here to tell you that I have a feeling that the moment has finally come! I hope the dream finally comes true, good luck to all GENO BROTHERS!

P.S. sorry for my English!

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
Hi guys, I'm CARMi from Italy (Naples), I've always followed the thread and I love to read your comments. I played Super Mario RPG way back in 1997 (I was 11 years old, now I'm 33) although it has never been officially released in its PAL version (it's a long story about how an Italian company called "CDverte" modified the NTSC version to be able to play it on PAL console, you can read the story on this site via google translate https://www.outcast.it/home/2017/9/28/racconti-dallospizio-70-super-mario-rpg-il-mario-perduto-dellera-snes ). Super Mario RPG is one of my favorite games ever, and in the Smash community in Italy I am well known for my boundless love for Geno. I'm here to tell you that I have a feeling that the moment has finally come! I hope the dream finally comes true, good luck to all GENO BROTHERS!

Welcome CARMi CARMi ! It’s amazing that there are fans of Geno worldwide. We are a lot and more confident than ever. Geno chances are stronger and brighter than ever! He is in!

Best wishes and a warm welcome from Chile!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hi guys, I'm CARMi from Italy (Naples), I've always followed the thread and I love to read your comments. I played Super Mario RPG way back in 1997 (I was 11 years old, now I'm 33) although it has never been officially released in its PAL version (it's a long story about how an Italian company called "CDverte" modified the NTSC version to be able to play it on PAL console, you can read the story on this site via google translate Racconti dall'ospizio #70: Super Mario RPG - Il Mario perduto ...www.outcast.it › home › racconti-dallospizio-70-super-... ). Super Mario RPG is one of my favorite games ever, and in the Smash community in Italy I am well known for my boundless love for Geno. I'm here to tell you that I have a feeling that the moment has finally come! I hope the dream finally comes true, good luck to all GENO BROTHERS!

Buenvenuto, mi amico! You really have to appreciate that there's people from literally all over the world that are part of this campaign and how, despite language barriers and growing up in totally different environments, one game and one character just means so much to all of us. In a way, this thread is like our own little Star Hill and each comment is like those stars with the wishes on them. ("But Fatman, that's just how the internet works..." Shut up; let me try to be excessively sentimental for moment.)

Griselda

Smash Lord
Buenvenuto, mi amico! You really have to appreciate that there's people from literally all over the world that are part of this campaign and how, despite language barriers and growing up in totally different environments, one game and one character just means so much to all of us. In a way, this thread is like our own little Star Hill and each comment is like those stars with the wishes on them. ("But Fatman, that's just how the internet works..." Shut up; let me try to be excessively sentimental for moment.)
Thinking about it this way kinda makes me wonder if abandoning ship after Geno's in is really the best course of action.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie. I wanted both of them and Ridley since Melee and when I saw K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie I literally almost had a heart attack seeing both of their reveals. I was too excited lol! Seeing these characters made me cry tears odmf joy after waiting 17 to 18 years for them. Ridley's reveal wasn't as impactful to me due to being brain dead after seeing "Everyone Is Here!". But despite that, Ridley was one of my most wanted along with K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie.

Welcome my friend. I love Italy, it's food, culture, and people. I hope to visit your beautiful country one day.

MattX20

Smash Hero

Your English is quite good, and welcome to the thread

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792

This is so cool! It’s great to see European love for Super Mario RPG!

I was just in Anagni for work last year! You have a beautiful country! And your English is perfect.

Griselda

Smash Lord
SMRPG's normal enemy battle music is just so upbeat and playful.
..Graphically beating the snot out of people in Smash with it playing in the background is just a hilarious mental image.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Thinking about it this way kinda makes me wonder if abandoning ship after Geno's in is really the best course of action.
Of course, this has been a question for Geno Boomers pretty much since Ultimate was announced. Even if it took more than a decade, we were able to successfully campaign a one time character into not only being one of the most requested characters around the world but potentially a place in Smash. If we can pull that off as a collective group, what else could we do? I talked about it the other week but it's genuinely cool what the Geno fanbase has done already just in the past year and a half after Geno was spirited. Operation Starfall was founded, there's the very successful Star Road Discord, and the Geno fanbase now has its own team of researchers to investigate rumors and insider info and is currently safeguarding a couple of really, really big upcoming Nintendo announcements. Like I said the other day, it's ironically what people like me and Slender wanted to do as part of "Sabi's circle" before the guy went full scale sociopathic. No surprise but we're both researchers on this new team of sorts and there's no figure head, there's no e-cred/celebrity bent, it's just a community service to weed out bull**** and keep speculation productive and engaging. I'm proud of the team because it potentially points to a future where Twitter Oracles are obselete and information and secrets are more of a community effort rather than 2 -3 people with tens of thousands of followers.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569

Welcome! And your English is pretty good!

Firox

Smash Master
For reveals, it was definitely both Lucas and Roy returning in 4. Lost my mains two games running, was nice to have them both back via DLC. However, "Everyone is Here" is definitely up there as a better reveal. It shifted my mood from apprehension ("will my mains get taken again?") to being able to think about who's coming full time.
I gotta say, the "Everyone is Here" was pretty freaking hype for me. I was so bitter that Wolf got the shaft in Sm4sh (he was my main in Brawl). Just as I was about to give up hope, I saw Snake. I was like "wait, if they brought back Snake then maybe..." then came the "Everyone is Here!" and even without ever seeing Wolf's image in the trailer I was hyped out of my mind. FINALLY he was back!

domriver

Smash Lord
Emotional reveals for me?
Sonic - I was very overly excited.
Ridley - tears of joy
King K Rool - tears of Joy
Banjo-Kazooie - tears of Joy
Geno - ????????? ( waiting patiently and hoping)

Everyone other character ranged from meh to cool/neat!

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Well, today is one of the dates listed by that one leaker.

Today is the official news release of the Lego NES.

Potentially a week from today we get a good ole' dump of news.

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
So far, I haven't had a real emotional reveal yet. I think Geno will be it since I have been rooting for his inclusion for years. It would be such a sweet victory and a sense of "Finally".

(Also hello yes it's been 84 years since I have been on the board lmao)

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace

Hi dude, i really I appreciate that you are here, waiting if the star warrior descends once again, I really admire Italy because one of my best friends is from there, but I have a question, how did you do to play SMRPG in 97? It is did not come out in europe and should have waited until the wii? Could you clarify that for me? please

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I think the most emotional that I've gotten over a reveal was how I felt during the reveals of Banjo-Kazooie and Bayonetta - two characters that I would have loved to see in Smash, but I figured that they would never realistically happen for a wide variety of reasons. Just seeing them get into Smash was exciting enough, and even now, thinking about those reveals puts a smile on my face.

If Geno gets into Smash, I feel like I'll have a similar reaction as Ridley, K. Rool, or Mega Man if he gets revealed - a character that I've wanted to see that seems unlikely for one reason or another, but still seems plausible. I don't know if he'd have the same "surprise" factor as Banjo or Bayo because of reasons that we've already discussed countless times.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Of course, this has been a question for Geno Boomers pretty much since Ultimate was announced. Even if it took more than a decade, we were able to successfully campaign a one time character into not only being one of the most requested characters around the world but potentially a place in Smash. If we can pull that off as a collective group, what else could we do? I talked about it the other week but it's genuinely cool what the Geno fanbase has done already just in the past year and a half after Geno was spirited. Operation Starfall was founded, there's the very successful Star Road Discord, and the Geno fanbase now has its own team of researchers to investigate rumors and insider info and is currently safeguarding a couple of really, really big upcoming Nintendo announcements. Like I said the other day, it's ironically what people like me and Slender wanted to do as part of "Sabi's circle" before the guy went full scale sociopathic. No surprise but we're both researchers on this new team of sorts and there's no figure head, there's no e-cred/celebrity bent, it's just a community service to weed out bull**** and keep speculation productive and engaging. I'm proud of the team because it potentially points to a future where Twitter Oracles are obselete and information and secrets are more of a community effort rather than 2 -3 people with tens of thousands of followers.
I suppose you could say the Geno fanbase serves a higher authority.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Hello there folks! I slacked off during the past several days since Min Min's reveal, but given how mountains of evidence are stacked in favor of a Direct of some sort taking place on the 20th and Geno's generally advantageous position in Smash speculation, it would be as good a time as ever for me to retu-

the staggering realization that I missed out on more than 200 pages and the looming reminder that we're about to hit the vaunted 3000th page suddenly seeps rapidly through my mind

View attachment 278372

... I need to keep better track of this thread, don't I?
Pretty much, yeah. Then again it's not that hard to keep up with this thread, given how we typically go through only a couple of pages a day. Seriously, five minutes a day is really all you need.

Thank you for the words of support, and welcome to the thread! Complimentary Geno Hat for you:
Hat time.png

d9a.jpg

I thought the same way after Banjo was revealed, but ultimately I decided it's better to just find a new character to rally behind.

D0ct0r

Smash Cadet
Geno officially confirmed in Smash will bring up so many perfect stuff:

-End of this long Fan Demand
-A very beautiful CGI with a revival of Geno after his 24 years old only playable game on SNES in 1996.
-Beautiful and first official 3D HD modeled art style of Geno
-Very nice addition in terms of moveset: new mechanics (Timed Hits)
-Very nice music addition
-Very pretty stage with many SMRPG cameos
-Epic reference to SMRPG in the Classic Route (should I say Geno’s Route?)
-A new adorable Kirby’s hat
-SMRPG finally ported to the NSO (it’s already on the Wii VC, Wii U VC and packed in the Mini Snes)
-30 to 45 minutos explanation of Sakurai talking about the bridges created between Nintendo and Square with SMPRG and how to use Geno. Also, telling jokes about him probably being #7
-Maybe future plans on reusing Geno in other games or remakes
-Geno officially in the Hall of Fame of Nintendo among Banjo-Kazooie, Mega Man and other characters heavily associated/born with Nintendo.

-An eternal smile to his faithfully fans like us and all worldwide Geno fans. A sense of satisfaction and permanent goosebumps and tears of joy.
-A big lesson to all detractors. It’s daily dose on Instagram, Twitter or YouTube. People always making fun of Geno. A big slap in the face just like with The Never Evers.
-The last piece of the cake. We (the new and old fans) can breathe in peace about his inclusion. Even if I’m active here since a year ago, I love Geno since I was 6 years old and been wishing for him since Smash 64 (from my home and between my friends). Then on Melee. Then since Brawl with the heavy Geno campaign, then the Half broken heart with the costume and now 100% sure he is in playable in Ultimate. This wish is going to be granted.
Don't forget the Geno amiibo. :colorful:

Giveaway412

Smash Cadet
Definitely on board the Geno train. I used to be something of a detractor but I can definitely say I'm a supporter now. While in my case, it's mainly in the hopes that CacoMallow will be verified (see avatar) I also think Geno's long history in the Smash community makes him a worthy addition. If he's added, that means that Ultimate will have added all four of the major wants (Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo, and Geno) and can probably be verified as the greatest Smash game of all time.

millsfan

Smash Apprentice
I love that song, it’s sounds so techno in the background. Geno for smash NOW
SMRPG's normal enemy battle music is just so upbeat and playful.
..Graphically beating the snot out of people in Smash with it playing in the background is just a hilarious mental image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom