• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
It's time for The Question Of The Week: We are getting new spirits today, a tournament or pre-existing spirits? The answer will be alongside us in 33 minutes
I hereby submit my wacky and very unlikely-to-happen prediction that the Spirit Event will feature characters... from a video game.

Last edited:

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
It's time for The Question Of The Week: We are getting new spirits today, a tournament or pre-existing spirits? The answer will be alongside us in 33 minutes
I'm guessing we get new ones, since it seems like all of the events with new sprits came to a halt because of the 2 month delay (last one was Trials of Mana). As for who or what, no idea.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Something that's always sort of bothered me is that you can't make adjustments to only specific fighters, like Metal Mario against normal everyone else. I know there are spirits that can put effects on fighters - as well as spirits to increase the duration I believe - but in the context of a full match it just doesn't last long enough. It would be nice to be able to recreate things like those Classic Mode suggestions in standard play, like the Giant Dedede representing Smithy that someone mentioned.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Spirits huh? Hmm Let's throw some whacky ones out there. Some 3rd party shenanigans like the Resident Evil one.

Imma sayyyyy, Lara Croft/tomb raider

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
New Spirits would be nice.

Spirits huh? Hmm Let's throw some whacky ones out there. Some 3rd party shenanigans like the Resident Evil one.

Inb4 Nier: Automata

pinshadow

Smash Lord
WOO FINALLY DKC!
Wow, thanks Nintendo, I can't believe you didn't add Donkey Kong Country aga...

1533743055025.gif

Literally just beat the game again yesterday and bought Tropical Freeze for Switch 10 minutes ago, not even joking, I'm in a mega-DK mood right now (beat all three classic DKC games over the course of the last week), so this is neat.

THIS SHOULDN'T TAKE 10 MONTHS ALSO WHERE IS DKC2 AND MARIO RPG AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I CAN NEVER BE SATIATED

Last edited:

GodzillaGuy64

Smash Apprentice
Wow about time. I was wondering what was taking them so long to add this game.

Anyways, Super Mario RPG is STILL not on the SNES Online. Maybe they really are saving it for something. ;)
The last NSO update was in May. So, if they are going by a 2 month gap, we could see another batch in September. And if 7 is also releasing in September and they’re saving a certain title...well you know.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
DKC finally on the NSO and apparently the Japanese version got SMT. Looks like things are starting to fall into place.
While it´s awesome that we finally got a DKC game, I will admit that I would have loved to see the first SMT game that the Japanese answer did, I´m not gonna lie,.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
DKC finally on the NSO and apparently the Japanese version got SMT. Looks like things are starting to fall into place.
You know, this would have been after E3. We haven't heard anything about SMTV since the goddamn 2017 Switch Presentation and Nintendo almost certainly has SOMEONE working on Donkey Kong if they think it's big enough to dedicate an entire sect of their theme park specifically to DKC (Seriously Nintendo it's been 6 years do SOMETHING with one of your best and most consistently underrated franchise)

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
"Guys they added DKC to the NSO!"

Me who owns a Super Nintendo Classic since 2017:

(again, just meming)

I predict TWEWY. We just recently saw a trailer for the Twewy anime, so im expecting a spirit event soon enough. and yes, im confident Neku is not becoming playable.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Sorry, but the whole "we have not gotten SMRPG on NSO" is a sign of Geno is in... I don´t buy it. If that´s the cause, then we would have gotten Street Fighter II from the NES when Ken was announced, or the DKC game when King K was announced. Geno could get in, but I don´t believe this is proof what so ever. The only one that they did something like that with is Dragon Quest, and they sold those ports, not putting them on NSO.

Last edited:

GodzillaGuy64

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, but the whole "we have not gotten SMRPG on NSO" is a sign of Geno is not back... I don´t buy it. If that´s the cause, then we would have gotten Street Fighter II from the NES when Ken was announced, or the DKC game when King K was announced. Geno could get in, but I don´t believe this is a proof what so ever.
Just wishful thinking on my end. But, we’ll find out in due time.

G0nard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G0nard
Switch FC
SW-0192-8472-4336
I remember A long time ago someone leaked DKC in the Nintendo Switch Online Service....Do any of you guys know what was said during that leak?

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Just wishful thinking on my end. But, we’ll find out in due time.
Heck if anything, I feel it safe to assume that Square will do the same thing with SMRPG no matter if Geno is in or not, be it a remaster or a port like the old Dragon Quest games. That´s whats Square do. Port them over and re-sell. Hell, look at the Mana collection. Those ports where resold, not accessible to a random service.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
1593528788280.gif

Kongbros rise up.

Let's hope they rerelease more big titles soon.

Was there something I missed as far as speculation goes?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
DKC was one of the titles mentioned by your sources for the NSO?
Yes. Back in December they said that there were specifically three SNES games that would be tied to E3 announcements. In January, they went ahead and told me one was DKC. As always, I got proof:

The original quote from December:

Already did this on two Discord channels on Christmas and I'm now making this public here because one of these Smash rumors was a "Christmas gift" after wishing them a Merry Christmas.

-Based on rumors, the purpose of "Season 2" seems to be to knock out long time fan requests more than anything else. THIS IS MY OWN SPECULATION. Most of the "strongest" names in insider circles have been characters requested since Brawl or even Melee.

-The other Christmas rumor I got from a different contact then the previous one: SNES game dump to be announced "soon" but no specific games mentioned. They had very strong guesses for three of them based on things "they knew."
Me talking about it in February:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-2371#post-23819779

Me talking about them saying DKC was one of them in January:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-2366#post-23817138

MisterMike

Smash Champion
If that´s the cause, then we would have gotten Street Fighter II from the NES when Ken was announced, or the DKC game when King K was announced.
Well it would've been kind of hard for them to do that given that they didn't start giving out SNES games through Nintendo Switch Online until September 5th of 2019.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Huh, so I guess they decided to make a video teaching zoomers how to use cheat codes for DKC.
For reference, have they done this before for any other games?

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Well it would've been kind of hard for them to do that given that they didn't start giving out SNES games through Nintendo Switch Online until September 5th of 2019.
Just double-checked, and I take that those arguments back. However, that still does not change the fact that we didn´t get any "Rare Ware" related games with Banjo, and also Square is known for re-selling ports. Just look at the old Dragon Quest games or the Mana series. There is no way in hell that they are going to just put SMRPG on the NSO. Especially if they can capitalize on it if Geno is in. Sorry but DKC now arriving on NSO means jack ****

I know that Fatman has heard about it, but he also heard of Mii Costumes and a Stage for Byleth. It most likely is just be misinformation on that regard

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Did they end up telling you the other two?
I've hinted at them in the past but I've backed off as not to be too obnoxious with them. I think it's safe to say this thread figured out one was SMRPG a long time ago. The other is the one I've referred to as "the Big One™" in the past and believe it should be kept a surprise so I encourage people not to guess it out loud for the sake of that fanbase.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Yes. Back in December they said that there were specifically three SNES games that would be tied to E3 announcements. In January, they went ahead and told me one was DKC. As always, I got proof:

The original quote from December:

Me talking about it in February:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-2371#post-23819779

Me talking about them saying DKC was one of them in January:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-2366#post-23817138
4 things:
-The Pass trying to knock off some huge requests from Melee/Brawl fits perfect for Geno
-Wasn't that message when sabi said that he think that you aren't credible?
-As you said, one of the games in japan is SMT, you said that the SNES may be related to some "E3" announcements, so we can get SMT 5 news and a new DK soon?
-This was a good day: direct rumors, DKC on NSO and some december rumors being true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom