• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
For now, Geno is part of the picks that has factors against them according to certain people. Really, no matter who is standing either tall or short, Sakurai always changes the order regardless of the people's thoughts before the final.
Unless the character is is "not for good boys and girls" or not originated in a videogame, every character has a chance. So what are you really talk about?

MattX20

Smash Hero
Speaking of E3, it's starting to look like July 20th may be our date now that Kelios and NateDrake teased towards it. ˜If one of the mentioned here ever see this post, thanks for telling us the date so soon and keep it up!˜

View attachment 277629

I knew that insiders would hear about it this week considering how Direct rumors usually go, but I thought the presentation would be sooner to not compete with Xbox's. Maybe the announcement is this week or the next one, since they put a exact date instead of a timeframe, which would make sense if it was a "E3 Showcase": they announce those way ahead. Kelios also said that many announcements would be shown and this is a "presentation", though no indications on the presence of 3rd parties. Though it guarantees that we're getting something Smash related. The stars are aligning, guys...

Just willing this into existence was more than enough by me, even if the date was wrong in the end. We have a new E3 week(s) now. HYPE!
So between next week and the 20th, we'll have to keep our eyes peeled for any news drops prior to that day

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Speaking of E3, it's starting to look like July 20th may be our date now that Kelios and NateDrake teased towards it. ˜If one of the mentioned here ever see this post, thanks for telling us the date so soon and keep it up!˜

View attachment 277629

I knew that insiders would hear about it this week considering how Direct rumors usually go, but I thought the presentation would be sooner to not compete with Xbox's. Maybe the announcement is this week or the next one, since they put a exact date instead of a timeframe, which would make sense if it was a "E3 Showcase": they announce those way ahead. Kelios also said that many announcements would be shown and this is a "presentation", though no indications on the presence of 3rd parties. Though it guarantees that we're getting something Smash related. The stars are aligning, guys...

Just willing this into existence was more than enough by me, even if the date was wrong in the end. We have a new E3 week(s) now. HYPE!
So potential next week? Can´t say that I´m suprised

YsDisciple

Smash Lord

View attachment 277629

Thank you for your admirable scouting service MrJudd MrJudd For that, we salute you!

GodzillaGuy64

Smash Apprentice
Had this meme idea in the back of my head for a while. Due to a potential direct being upon us, here it is.
2FF4A39E-D032-45A3-9D18-383B1B06F026.jpeg

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

View attachment 277629

So, as someone who does not pay that much attention to leak culture anymore, how major is this in likelyhood?

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

View attachment 277629

I'm pretty sure it has been stated before that they don't consider themselves competitors of each other, that's just sony and xbox on their own side. Can't remember where or when it was stated… but i know i didn't dream it lol.

But yeah, it's really interesting that Kelios is considering this to be a full direct and not a mini, and honestly, it does make sense. This should be the equivalent of what they would have prepared for E3 originally. That being said, I can't imagine how much they managed to compile to make such a big direct, but it would definitely prove that they have a lot of things scheduled for 2020 as Nintendo have claimed twice in a row now. The lack of 3rd parties or barely having any of them would be explained as they told 3rd party devs to announce their stuff on their own and not wait for Nintendo to have a direct on June. If this is a full direct indeed then I personally think it's impossible FP7 isn't announced right there and then lol.

So, as someone who does not pay that much attention to leak culture anymore, how major is this in likelyhood?
Kelios predicted the exact date of March mini direct since February and almost no one noticed (apparently he has good connections with pokemon info as well). He predicted that direct way before Jeff Grubb did. Also it is interesting that Kelios is teasing this on Resetera, because he should know that if he is spreading BS info, then he is gonna get banned, resetera mods and admins don't even tolerate people spreading false info there, they try to verify the user to allow them continue doing what they are doing or just ban them right away.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion

View attachment 277629

[ MisterMike MisterMike will remember that. ]

How on earth did you pull off a Geno cap? Does it mirror around the back (that's the issue I'm having making one, it's infuriating.)
Haven't played New Horizons, but I believe ever since New Leaf they've let you design the backs of hats as a separate texture.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
How on earth did you pull off a Geno cap? Does it mirror around the back (that's the issue I'm having making one, it's infuriating.)
I didn't make the cap lol I downloaded it online. Just look up Geno hat Animal Crossing design code and it should be the first result.

Also, unfortunately it does loop from the back, but I think its good enough honestly.

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
Does anyone think that Nintendo has something planned for this month but might actually push it back due to allegations and things that have happened over the last week.
I wouldn't think or hope so. Im still waiting on info about Metroid Prime 4 , Bayonetta 3, BOTW 2, and Smash FP7 and 8 (if possible) and any other goodies from Nintendo.

Firox

Smash Master
Unless the character is is "not for good boys and girls" or not originated in a videogame, every character has a chance. So what are you really talk about?
I think it's funny how a character can be disqualified for being "not for good boys and girls" when we still have the likes of Bayonetta, Zero Suit and Snake in the game. So guns and partial nudity apparently aren't enough to get banned, but because Sakurai actually said there was a limit, we have to accept that some characters are just too racy to get in. Hopefully CERO doesn't have a problem with pseudo-naked wooden puppets.

D

Deleted member

If the next direct is big like a hypothetical E3 replacement, it would be the perfect time to reveal Geno has the fan favorite. For past E3s there was always a fan favorite like Banjo 2019, Ridley 2018, and Mega Man 2013. Since Banjo is proof that Nintendo listens to the fans, I’m confident we may get 1 or 2 more hardcore fan picks and I think Nintendo should be aware how big Geno’s popularity was before they decided to do Vol. 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

QQS

Smash Lord
If the next direct is big like a hypothetical E3 replacement, it would be the perfect time to reveal Geno has the fan favorite. For past E3s there was always a fan favorite like Banjo 2019, Ridley 2018, and Mega Man 2013. Since Banjo is proof that Nintendo listens to the fans, I’m confident we may get 1 or 2 more hardcore fan picks and I think Nintendo should be aware big Geno’s popularity before they decided to do Vol. 2.
Yess, of course I can see totally happening Geno, Crash and Lloyd in this FP2. Probably with a Pokemon, Dante, Rayman, Hayabusa or Bandana.

Whether in a couple of weeks or next month, Geno reveal as a playable fighter is guaranteed for me. Too much demand, insane coincidences and still missing costume. He is here.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I think it's funny how a character can be disqualified for being "not for good boys and girls" when we still have the likes of Bayonetta, Zero Suit and Snake in the game. So guns and partial nudity apparently aren't enough to get banned, but because Sakurai actually said there was a limit, we have to accept that some characters are just too racy to get in. Hopefully CERO doesn't have a problem with pseudo-naked wooden puppets.
If you only knew how weird CERO is. when it comes to the age restrictions.

DuoStuff

Smash Rookie
You know what'd be kinda neat? What if, similar to Min Min's final Smash where other characters join in and get a cameo, Mallow appeared in Geno's final smash to help him out. (Well I think it'd be neat at least.)

domriver

Smash Lord
If you only knew how weird CERO is. when it comes to the age restrictions.
I was thinking since Mai's character her breasts bpounce around alot in her animations. Bayonetta she is just partial nudity like borderline material. IDK. Maybe CERO has "specific" guidelines. Now that I think about it lots of mainstream shows or even major channels like HBO/ Showtime etc.. show more nudity now. Back then at least when i was a teenager going into early adult. Female nudity was acceptable in lots of movies/tvshows etc.. the show of breasts and butt. Now you have shows like "Oz" who show male genitals now. Sorry going way off topic now. :)
Lets hope the upcoming alleged information dump contains a certain wish. :) :p

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
You know what'd be kinda neat? What if, similar to Min Min's final Smash where other characters join in and get a cameo, Mallow appeared in Geno's final smash to help him out. (Well I think it'd be neat at least.)
If Geno's going to get a cinematic Final Smash where multiple characters help him out, they should get the entirety of the Mario RPG gang: Mario, Peach, Bowser, and Mallow all appearing and helping out while Geno delivers the final blow.

DuoStuff

Smash Rookie
If Geno's going to get a cinematic Final Smash where multiple characters help him out, they should get the entirety of the Mario RPG gang: Mario, Peach, Bowser, and Mallow all appearing and helping out while Geno delivers the final blow.
I'd definitely like that as well, I just doubt they'd go that far sadly. XD

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
An honest to God Direct on 7-20-2020 would be kind of funny since the E3 presentation was supposed to be on 6-9-2020. It also kind of drives me nuts because if Hotgirl was telling the truth about a delay then the 7/6 stuff is now probably on 7/14 and 7/14 is now 7/20.... This year, man... This year... Who pissed in God's Cheerios?

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I think it's funny how a character can be disqualified for being "not for good boys and girls" when we still have the likes of Bayonetta, Zero Suit and Snake in the game. So guns and partial nudity apparently aren't enough to get banned, but because Sakurai actually said there was a limit, we have to accept that some characters are just too racy to get in.
But none of those characters are inherently sexual. Sure, they're physically fit and people are prone to finding them sexually attractive as a result, but their outfits and behavior in and of themselves are not what would be considered overtly sexual content. In terms of outfits, while ZSS and Snake's skintight suits leave little to the imagination, none of them show a lick of skin, nor are the outfits themselves inherently sexual. After all, a sneaking suit is just a piece of fabric.

The same goes for Bayonetta's "clothes", and while she has a tendency of stripping down to reveal her bare bits in her games, it's not required of her to do so in order to use her powers. Simply removing a bit of cloth from her extremities would be enough to pass censors whilst still stayting true to the character. Hell, you could even surmise a lore reason as to why that's the case. Perhaps she holds back during battles in Smash so as to give her foes a sporting chance? I mean sure, Pit's an angel, but he's nowhere near as monsterous and powerful as the angels Bayo typically trounces, and thus wouldn't require as much effort to sufficiently combat.

In terms of personality, Samus and Snake are very straight-laced, no-nonsense combatants. Aside from a single line from ZSS that could be seen as lewd, there's nothing between the two of them who While Bayonetta is a lot more flirtatious with a bit of bad language thrown in for good measure, her lackadaisical jibes in Smash are rarely related to anything sexual, and her speech is entirely PG.

As for the gun argument, that's always been a fan rule rather than anything concrete. To my knowledge Sakurai has never gone of record stating that real-to-life guns were ever off the table for Smash, and their not being included has always just been a coincidence. Besides, Smash is rated E-10+ after all, and E-10+ games allow for "more cartoon, fantasy or mild violence, mild language, and/or minimal suggestive themes.", so shooting Mario with a realistic gun to have to comically fly off into the distance would fit.

Now let's take a moment to contrast this to Mai. Mai's base outfit is incredibly revealing, and while she does sometimes wear more conservative clothing, even those outfits wouldn't hide her impressive bust. There's also the fact that her sexually provocative design is actually justified in-universe with Mai dressing like that in order to distract her opponents during scuffles. In other words, her sexuality is very central to her character. And finally, Sakurai is a guy who sweats the details, and is adamant about representing these characters as best he can. To wit, the man was unironically going to not include Pac-Man in Smash 4 if Bandai Namco wanted him to use the 'Ghostly Adventures' design. To shrink her bust, cover her up, and downplay her more sexually suggestive mannerisms, would be to completely remove most if not all of her most defining traits. It wouldn't be true to the character in any way.

An honest to God Direct on 7-20-2020 would be kind of funny since the E3 presentation was supposed to be on 6-9-2020. It also kind of drives me nuts because if Hotgirl was telling the truth about a delay then the 7/6 stuff is now probably on 7/14 and 7/14 is now 7/20.... This year, man... This year... Who pissed in God's Cheerios?
I couldn't hold it, I'm sorry.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
If they could make the Final Smashes for Hero (where they summon the Dragon Quest Heroes that aren't playable) and Min Min (summoning all the non-playable ARMS characters), I could easily see them make a Geno Final Smash with the whole Mario RPG party. In fact, it would likely take less work, considering there's less characters and they could just re-use Mario's, Peach's, and Bowser's playable models (with only Mallow needing to be built from scratch).

axel_

Smash Journeyman
That's pretty much what I'm thinking. The FS starts with Mallow popping in and doing Star Rain on the battlefield.

It hits everyone, but the first few people that get stunned by it get kicked into the air by Geno as he transforms into a cannon and performs Geno Flash
1594160039772.png

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Mario, Peach and Bowser are playable characters already, so you can't have them be characters AND final Smash assists. It wouldn't make sense: Geno uses his FS and Mario, Peach and Bowser help him attack and defeat Mario, Peach and Bowser? That would look ridiculous, confusing and unrealistic.

You CAN'T have a character be playable and assist to another character's final Smash. Its impossible.

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
So back when Octopath Traveler came to the Switch it was very well received and Square Enix said in an interview that they were making a division to make original Nintendo Swith games. It's been about 2 years since then. I feel it would make so much sense for them to make a sequel to SMRPG including Geno. They have to know the demand for that character and it seems like it's a no brainer. What do you guys think?

D

Deleted member

Mario, Peach and Bowser are playable characters already, so you can't have them be characters AND final Smash assists. It wouldn't make sense: Geno uses his FS and Mario, Peach and Bowser help him attack and defeat Mario, Peach and Bowser? That would look ridiculous, confusing and unrealistic.

You CAN'T have a character be playable and assist to another character's final Smash. Its impossible.
But... what about Chrom?

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
If you guys think being a Geno main would be bad, i pretty sure ANY character in Smash Ultimate (included future ones) would be more respected than poor old Ness.

Or worse, you could be a Simon and either be ignored, laughed at, or depised.

......yeah im happy i don't play Competitive Smash.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Look at it this way, you don’t have to worry about Geno being low tier if you already suck at the game like I do!

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
So back when Octopath Traveler came to the Switch it was very well received and Square Enix said in an interview that they were making a division to make original Nintendo Swith games. It's been about 2 years since then. I feel it would make so much sense for them to make a sequel to SMRPG including Geno. They have to know the demand for that character and it seems like it's a no brainer. What do you guys think?
I think it’s entirely possible, and not just out of obligation due to our avatars either

T2by4

Smash Lord
1593637986397.gif

Well'p, so much for the 7/7 meme theory. Would've been an amazing time to announce Geno too. Surely he's still gonna be fighter 77.

Last edited:

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure it has been stated before that they don't consider themselves competitors of each other, that's just sony and xbox on their own side. Can't remember where or when it was stated… but i know i didn't dream it lol.
The thing here is that they are competing for attention: it's like releasing a game the day before Endgame launches on Cinema. Are they direct competitors? No, one is a movie and the other is a videogame. Would Endgame overshadow anything that happened around his release day? Absolutely. Same concept applies here. Stadia would be in trouble if Nintendo released their presentation in the same day lol
Thank you for your admirable scouting service MrJudd MrJudd For that, we salute you!

You're welcome, man! Always keeping an eye out there.

I don't get this year at all. As time passes by and I think I have a grasping on what's the situation, something else happens that leaves me baffled and I start to understand less and less...

Also, Happy Birthday Nazyrus Nazyrus !

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You really think that's far fetched? K. Rool got the Blast-o-Matic for his Final Smash and beflre he was announced, a lot of people were assuming his Final Smash would just be cannonballs falling from the sky like in his first boss fight. A lot of us K. Rool fans wanted the Blast-o-Matic instead but kind of saw it as a little bit far fetched yet we got it. The SMRPG gang will be in Geno's Final Smash.

Yet, Mario appears in one of Plant's victory screens.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
View attachment 277637

Well'p, so much for the 7/7 meme theory. Would've been an amazing time to announce Geno too.
yes, but it will still be amazing as challenger pack #7, fighter #77. Or anyway, as any number but in FP2 100%.

I believe that Geno will be #77 but it doesn’t necessarily need to be this way, but of course if he ends as 77 would be a sweet coincidence. The only thing I’m very confident is that Geno is happening playable, but the number isn’t a rule. It can be somewhere in FP2 or as a Bonus, who knows. Hope they announce him as #7 for the beautiful coincidente and to don’t let us keep waiting that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom