• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
I just want to make sure. WIth that whole Ness eye glitch thing, his eyes in Ultimate are modeled on his face and are not just textures right?
I'm not an expert on 3D modeling, but if I had to guess, Ness' eyes are a 2D object that's separate from his model and his texture. The reason for this is that his eyes need to animate for blinks and expressions. Here's a gif I found of Lucas to illustrate that:

If they are a separate layer or asset, it would probably explain the bug. Ness' eyes disappear entirely while his skin tone and clothing textures remain the same. This is why I think it could potentially be a good sign for Geno since there's no doubt Geno's eyes would be part of his model. It could mean the bug is in reference to the eyes asset being deleted for this new character if this glitch happens to be pointing to something.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
So I wanted to make an image version of my most recent Fighters Pass Vol.2 predictions to share with you all, but I couldn't find a template online that was to my liking. So I decided to do some Inspect Element trickery on the Smash Bros. DLC webpage, and after a good 20 minutes or so of messing around, I present to you: My Fighters Pass Vol.2 predictions!

FPV2July.png

FPV2JulyVersion2.png

1. Go to the website.
  2. Right click on the page and select Inspect Element.
  3. Look for the images for Min Min's render and her background.
    MinMinRenderBGLocations.png
    Alternatively, there's a button that lets you select an element from the page with a simple click.
  4. Replace "/buy/dlc/assets/fighter-minmin.png" with the HTTP of any image you can find online. You can modify the image's scale and position using the side bar. You can change the background image as well by changing "bg-minmin" to any of the other Vol.1 fighters' backgrounds. For example, Banjo's background is called "bg-banjo".
  5. Change the >Min Min< right after "character-name" to whatever character name you want. You can modify the text using the side bar.

So, it looks like Bayo wasn't used as the base for Min Min, but for Captain Falcon!

https://twitter.com/Zeckemyro/status/1278532720168185856
Huh, I guess Captain Falcon being in her trailer went a lot deeper than we initially thought!

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
If Geno is a "Smash" hit after he gets included in Ultimate, do you think that it would motivate Nintendo to finally buy the SMRPG rights from SE so that they can cash in and start using Geno in spinoffs and maybe Paper Mario as well?

K. Rool's ballot results showed there was a demand for him and we have rumors that suggest he's going to come back in a big way in whatever is coming next for the DK series, so hopefully the same can be done for Geno. And if Nintendo were to just buy the rights to everything, we don't just get Geno, but we also get Mallow and Boshi, among many others. But just imagine those three in Mario Kart 9, or Mario Party 2021, or Mario Strikers Re-Charged?

That's my biggest hope, that giving people a modern-day opportunity to show their love, support and desire for Geno, Geno & More Geno will lead to, well, Geno, Geno and More Geno down the road from Nintendo outside of Smash.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
If Geno is a "Smash" hit after he gets included in Ultimate, do you think that it would motivate Nintendo to finally buy the SMRPG rights from SE so that they can cash in and start using Geno in spinoffs and maybe Paper Mario as well?

K. Rool's ballot results showed there was a demand for him and we have rumors that suggest he's going to come back in a big way in whatever is coming next for the DK series, so hopefully the same can be done for Geno. And if Nintendo were to just buy the rights to everything, we don't just get Geno, but we also get Mallow and Boshi, among many others. But just imagine those three in Mario Kart 9, or Mario Party 2021, or Mario Strikers Re-Charged?

That's my biggest hope, that giving people a modern-day opportunity to show their love, support and desire for Geno, Geno & More Geno will lead to, well, Geno, Geno and More Geno down the road from Nintendo outside of Smash.
just make Mario RPG it's own lineage seperate from the Paper Mario games. I want true to the core Mario RPGs back, not gimmicky paper adventure romp type games.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace

That's always been my biggest hope for Geno. I remember when Rosalina was revealed on Rainbow Road/Mario Kart. I really wanted to see Geno show up there, announced for MK8, and then also come to Smash 4. I want him in everything Mario. Smash feels like the best first step to that.

owjies

Smash Journeyman

It would definitely be exciting for Geno and Mallow to be utilized more. I'd also be hyped for Nintendo and Square to team up for a remaster of Mario RPG. It would be interesting to experience any changes in artstyle, to hear Yoko's remasters of her own work, and to see if they set up the game for a sequel as it was originally planned before the big fallout. If Geno does make it in, I'm looking forward to Sakurai's comments about Geno and Mario RPG in interviews and during the showcase video.

I'm curious, how do you guys think they will handle representing the SMRPG soundtrack in Geno DLC?
I'm curious too. A lot will depend on how the rights work out I'm guessing. Beware the Forest's Mushrooms and Armed Boss are the two songs that I always go to when thinking of the SMRPG soundtrack. It still intrigues me that those two specific songs were the ones taken down last year.

That said, I'm also a big fan of just the title: Happy Adventure, Delightful Adventure. It's catchy and really sets up the lighthearted tone of the game as well as some of the musical cues that recur. There are so many great songs though, Booster and Smithy come to mind as well. It'd be a shame if it's limited to two tracks. If that's the case, then maybe they'll fill the gaps with additional Paper Mario / M&L music. I wonder if they can get away with using some of the tracks that are essentially remixes of Mario songs like "Fight Against Bowser"?

If there's no limit (fingers crossed), then I'm guessing we see a handful of remixes: Forest's Mushrooms & Armed Boss most likely. From there, I bet they include the Fortune Street version of Peach's Castle and another handful of the original tracks: Booster, Smithy, Happy Adventure, Barrel Volcano, Road Full of Dangers--so many great options. I could also see the Star Hill theme if that's the stage.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace

Personally, I am unsure if that would happen. On the one hand, if Nintendo saw Super Mario RPG's popularity, it may compell them to buy the rights for the game full-stop. However, at the same time, Nintendo famously doesn't really buy things from others nor do they even outright purchase 2nd party studios even (I mean heck, they didn't even buy AlphaDream).

And alternatively, on the Square Enix side of things, I am of the opinion that they probably don't care about Super Mario RPG too much. However, if the company saw that they owned a part of a lucrative Nintendo IP, would they even want to give it up? Or would they be open to negotiating with Nintendo to remain on friendly terms? I just don't know what would happen. While I would love to be wrong, unfortunately, I don't see Nintendo caring all much to outright buy the complete rights to Super Mario RPG as they don't even buy things usually anyways.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
People here are so confident. I would post my Documentary covering the Grinch leak on here, but I'm not sure self promotion is allowed. But to sum the overconfidence the last time a character had this with one sentence:

"No matter what happens, Issac's f*****g in."

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Joker has animations from half the cast. Animations aren't how we determined which characters are based on another
I don’t know that Joker uses any animations 1:1 with another character. Also this isn’t really even comparable, because this is for animations in her files, not the final game, right?

How DO you determine this anyway?

Griselda

Smash Lord
People here are so confident. I would post my Documentary covering the Grinch leak on here, but I'm not sure self promotion is allowed. But to sum the overconfidence the last time a character had this with one sentence:

Nobody here (to my knowledge anyway) is actually 100% sure that Geno is in, but you have to remember that this is the Geno Support Thread. It wouldn't make sense for the people here to not support him. We want Geno to get in and are hoping that he does. Sure, he might not get into Ultimate in the end, but sticking your neck out there and being confident in something you don't have 100% confirmation on is just a regular, everyday part of life. I don't know whether or not it's going to snow two days after tomorrow, but I'm still making plans to go outside anyway. If it snows and I have to stay inside? Oh well. And it doesn't really matter whether or not I was confident, because the weather - just like the Fighters Pass - has already been decided a good while ago.

If Geno gets in, he's in, regardless of how many people said "Geno is absolutely in" or "Geno might not get in", and the same obviously goes for if he doesn't get in. If people like keeping their expectations about Geno low and being pleasantly surprised if he gets in, that's fine. If people want to think Geno is definitely in and feel good for 'keeping the faith' if he gets in, then that is also fine.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
You know what I would love for Geno´s stage?
That it´d be similar to Hero´s and Byleth´s traveling stages. Going from Bowsers castle all the way to smithy´s dimension.

axel_

Smash Journeyman
No other detractor comment is ever gonna come close to what I saw today in FM:

"Geno is not important to anyone"

Misterfan2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Misterfan2000
I recently came across a YouTube video of the Spanish user NewStarfox665 (Strong defender that the Spirits Disconfirmed) a comment that said: "Sakurai said in the Min Min Presentation that all the ARMS characters are protagonists, so apparently only the protagonist of a game can be playable ", clearly wanting to disconfirm Geno (In fact, the user himself admitted it, that he does not want Geno and that he wants NewStarfox665 to make" rules "to disconfirm him)

The thing is also that NewStarfox665 himself answered me too, claiming that "Geno will not be possible, because the DLC characters have been chosen by Nintendo, and he will be interested in other Square-Enix characters"

Don't you hate those users who are closed-minded and who think they know everything?

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
You know what I would love for Geno´s stage?
That it´d be similar to Hero´s and Byleth´s traveling stages. Going from Bowsers castle all the way to smithy´s dimension.
A traveling stage would be pretty nice for representing as much of the game's varied setting as possible. ..Though I'd actually be pretty okay if Geno's stage was just Smithy's Factory. I dunno, maybe I just have a thing for villains' lairs being set in weird voids as well as a thing for ominous wind blowing signaling the end of a story, but something about it just sticks in my head. Seeing the interior of the factory with the Machine Mades being mass-produced on the conveyor belts would also be a cool background element. Maybe with one of them occasionally activating and taking a few swings at the fighters, like Metal Face.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I recently came across a YouTube video of the Spanish user NewStarfox665 (Strong defender that the Spirits Disconfirmed) a comment that said: "Sakurai said in the Min Min Presentation that all the ARMS characters are protagonists, so apparently only the protagonist of a game can be playable ", clearly wanting to disconfirm Geno (In fact, the user himself admitted it, that he does not want Geno and that he wants NewStarfox665 to make" rules "to disconfirm him)

The thing is also that NewStarfox665 himself answered me too, claiming that "Geno will not be possible, because the DLC characters have been chosen by Nintendo, and he will be interested in other Square-Enix characters"

Don't you hate those users who are closed-minded and who think they know everything?
Only protagonists can be playable? We'd better go tell Bowser, Daisy, Rosalina and Luma, Bowser Jr, Piranha Plant, every Pokemon character other than Pokemon Trainer, Ganondorf, King K. Rool, Dark Samus, Ridley, and many others to get off the roster, then!

Misterfan2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Misterfan2000
Only protagonists can be playable? We'd better go tell Bowser, Daisy, Rosalina and Luma, Bowser Jr, Piranha Plant, every Pokemon character other than Pokemon Trainer, Ganondorf, King K. Rool, Dark Samus, Ridley, and many others to get off the roster, then!
The grace is that later that same user told me the following: "Just because a character is playable does not mean that he is the protagonist or too important to appear in Smash".

Come on, it's been contradicted.

And also, he has the audacity to compare Geno with Pink Gold Peach.

WITH PINK GOLD PEACH!!
113.gif

RedMachine123

Smash Apprentice

Oh god, I know who you are talking about. Yes, it's really annoying, the best thing to do is ignore them, they are just trying to move the goalpost and make even more fan rules in a desperate attemp to deconfirm characters they don't want to see. But they will be the ones who will get disappointed when those fan rules get broken or when those characters they don't want get in. Seriously, ignore them, is not worth to try to argue with them.

And about Nintendo being more interested in other Square Enix characters, well, that could be true. However, let's remember that Nintendo chose Banjo & Kazooie instead of other more relevant and popular characters like Master Chief or Steve.

NOTE: This doesn't mean that characters like Master Chief or Steve can't get in or are deconfirmed. I just used them as an example about Nintendo picking fan demand over general popularity.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Honestly, this right here is reminding me a lot about what we are going through right now. I remember back in April of last year when we were REALLY getting some heavy signs and hints that pointed to Banjo being in Smash, but it was really only Banjo supporters, like me, that really thought this stuff meant something. Everyone else online thought none of this meant anything and the Banjo detractors told us it was never gonna happen and that Steve was gonna be our Microsoft rep until obviously, things stacked up in our favor in the end.

This is the exact same case as Geno. I really think a lot of stars are aligning for Geno to happen, and yet I feel like only us Geno supporters are really talking about this stuff. Whenever I bring these points up to people online, people say "Geno will just be a Mii Outfit" or that "He will never happen because my fan-made rule says so". I felt so much satisfaction for being in the minority of people who thought the evidence in Banjo's favor meant something, and I will feel even more for thinking the evidence in Geno's favor means something, and I just can't wait for GameFAQ's and 4Chan to have a huge meltdown over it.
I remember most people outside of the Banjo-Kazooie thread didn't take their chances seriously until Shinobi hinted at them. After Shinobi opened his month, everyone started going ape *** because it was going to happen.

View attachment 276939 WOO! 2900 PAGES! View attachment 276939

Well given that 'The "Rule" That Shall Not Be Named' is dead and gone, I'd say that Rex & Pyra are very likely this time around.
Personally I want Elma, but I would be fine and dandy with Rex just as long as we get a 2nd Xenoblade rep.

I think the other thing that makes me even more curious is regarding the C&D on Legacy XP. Songs are one thing, but when you shut down songs and the only way I could possibly experience Geno being playable in a Smash Bros title, it starts becoming a little more suspicious.

But you know the golden rule of being a Geno fan is treat everything as just a coincidence and nothing more. For all we know, Metal Sonic could be coming.
Or the Wah could be coming.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Geno's had a lot more going on in his favor, so I'm a little more confident in him being FP7 or FP8

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
The grace is that later that same user told me the following: "Just because a character is playable does not mean that he is the protagonist or too important to appear in Smash".

Come on, it's been contradicted.

And also, he has the audacity to compare Geno with Pink Gold Peach.

WITH PINK GOLD PEACH!!
View attachment 277007

Ouch. That's quite an insult.

To Pink Gold Peach.

:4pacman:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Is this evidence for you?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S2J9qPVD5uMOrhfy29rz9_ot5MvAfNH2dhuAWRUhrhQ/edit?usp=sharing

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-2467#post-23849375

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The Legacy XP stuff is really interesting and I've learned quite a bit from my own network on the topic. I can't name names or go into specifics but I'll just say that my theorycraft on the topic from months ago was pretty spot on from what I've gathered and the chances of getting at least (Key phrase: AT LEAST) one character from that mod is pretty damn high.

millsfan

Smash Apprentice
Although Geno is probably most likely from smash legacy, my want has always been Shadow from Smash legacy xp. It hurts every time ignorant people say Shadow is an echo. View his moveset in SB on the gba, smash legacy xp, or smash flash 2 mods. He is very unique. I think Geno will be in this dlc pack, but at least if Nintendo knows of smash legacy, they see how cool the characters are people want (Geno, Shadow, waluigi)

T2by4

Smash Lord
The Legacy XP stuff is really interesting and I've learned quite a bit from my own network on the topic. I can't name names or go into specifics but I'll just say that my theorycraft on the topic from months ago was pretty spot on from what I've gathered and the chances of getting at least (Key phrase: AT LEAST) one character from that mod is pretty damn high.
Well in that case it's obviously Geno then if you know the roster. Lol

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
What was the other character you were gonna theory craft about? The one you said also was boosted by Min Min alongside Geno. You said you'd discuss it at some point. (This isn't a hostile post, I'm just genuinely wondering! I get you're a busy guy and all.) Personally, I think it is Lloyd you're hinting at! He seems to have a lot going for him akin to Geno.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Well, if there is a Nintendo Direct in July, we'll have to wait and see towards the end of the month given the last Direct we had was in late March

Dukefire

Smash Master
Keep in mind of the ongoing pandemic affecting worldwide. We may not get one until near the end of this year worst case.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
What was the other character you were gonna theory craft about? The one you said also was boosted by Min Min alongside Geno. You said you'd discuss it at some point. (This isn't a hostile post, I'm just genuinely wondering! I get you're a busy guy and all.) Personally, I think it is Lloyd you're hinting at! He seems to have a lot going for him akin to Geno.
I honestly think the other character Fatman mentioned that chances went up is Waluigi. Since the Spirit fan rule is broken, it isn't really far fetched to assume the Assist Trophy barrier will break in due time as well. The developers made sure that certain Assist Trophies were on or off on certain stages either for a cameo they had in the stage a la Knuckles in Green Hill Zone or for some other reason like Alucard not showning up on the Wii Fit stage because of mirrors because he is a vampire. Than there is also the fact that most Assist Trophies are close to being playable characters in terms of their animations, getting grabbed, ect. Plus while Chrom was never Assist Trophy, he still appears in Robin's Final Smash. I literally believe the Assist Trophy barrier will be destroyed in this game.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I don't know why, but something in the back of my head is telling me that we won't get a Nintendo Direct + CP7 until September. I wanna be wrong, but since September seems to be the month where we always get a new Direct, I really do think Nintendo would have us wait until then.

Dukefire

Smash Master
By that time, the next challenger(s) for FP2 should be almost ready for release. Well, the first one on display that is.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace

Ah, look, I am from Costa Rica, that is, I speak Spanish, I am subscribed to your channel but you do not know how unproud I am to say it, let's see it this way, March 26, direct mini in which it is revealed that the 6th DLC is from Arms, Arms already had its 5 most iconic characters represented in smash from Base Roster, The two on the cover: SpringMan and RibbonGirl, The finalists of the Crash Bash: MinMin and Ninjara and one of the most loved by fans: Twintelle. As you say he is Mr Anti Promotions so he discarded them, later he said that any character who was not a spirit would not have chances (Being that there were options like Helix, Dr Coyle or MaxBrass), after he makes an innovative theory? NO, he just does the stupid Arms 2 theory as if nobody on Twitter had already said it (Because of him I hate the arms 2 theory). Ok, it's MinMin (As many of us thought), it's official, the spirits (At least on Day 1) can be playable. Does he see it that way? You guessed it, No. He said that although he can see Rayman he feels that Min Min is going to be the only promotion, he does not think that Nintendo is smarter than we think, Nintendo knew that seeing that Terry's video lasted almost 50min the People were going to think that we would see the trailer for the 5th and they warned us not, the same with minmin with the fact of the week of E3, Nintendo knew that people were going to say, "but springman is an AT, Ribbon Girl a Mii and Ninjara, min min and twintelle are spirits "and nintendo was silent and nintendo now is silent if another spirit is going to enter instead of warning us

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's Waluigi and I'll do the write up in his thread hopefully later today. Yes, Lloyd got a huge boost but that shouldn't surprise anyone. It's been hard implied literally since 2015 that if Namco got another rep, it would be Tales or Tekken and Heihachi, easily the most iconic Tekken character is now Mii costumed. Beyond that, it's stuff I've beaten to death that I regularly brought up when I theorized Lloyd was 5: the Tales team practically liquidated its top developers to help with Smash 4 and Ultimate, Namco is making a big deal about Tales 25th anniversary coming up, Lloyd is one of the few characters that Sakurai has talked positively about that isn't playable yet, the fact that Lloyd has been heard in insider circles since fall 2018, etc. Sure, they could go with another Tales character but the point remains that the door is wide open for a Tales rep and will more than likely happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom