• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
I can shed some light on this. Originally, the site went down because of a failure with our auto-renewal. However, after some discussion, we decided to keep the site on hiatus, as we believed that the website served it's purpose as a launchpad of sorts for Operation Starfall's initial buildup. We still own the domain, but the server is why the site is down. We've since shifted most of our campaign to the Operation Starfall Twitter and the Star Road Discord server, but this does not mean that the site is gone forever! We actually had some ideas of updates and new parts of the website before it was shut down, so who knows? Maybe it will return in the future bigger and better!
could you guys possibly save a list of all the wishes for all of us to read or archive them?

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Honestly, with how requested and demanded Geno is to return in not just Smash, but something Mario in general, I am honestly confused why Nintendo just doesn't buy the rights to Geno and all Mario RPG content. I'm not sure how that stuff works but if Nintendo were to do this, Geno most definitely would have been in Smash now and we would have seen him in tons of Mario games and maybe even a playable character in some of the mainline titles.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Its curious about Milk-BOSATU twitter that leaked one year ago about Min Min, he (or she?) reported about a new fighter that is a female, has sort of japanese clothes (you can get mixed japanese with chinese clothes) and has a boomerang as a weapon. All that lines up very well with Min Min.

We also know that FP2 started development around June, so Min Min development may have taken around a year (10/11 months considering Sakurai’s presentation was recorded in early May). One would ask, it takes almost a year to develop a smash fighter? And the answer is yes, Sakurai has stated before that any new fighter takes between 6 to 12 months, depending on how much they can recycle from other fighters. Plus, from we have heard and saw, Min Min was difficult to develop because of her mechanics and try to balance her so she isn’t OP.

Moreover, we should look at other leakers that got some stuff correct but one of their latests leaks still don’t came true? For example, I remember that IAmShifty insisted about Ryu Hayabusa being an Smash fighter. That was around september on last year before Terry got revealed. We knew he was wrong, but maybe not so wrong? I mean, its possible, as apparently happened with Milk-BOSATU, the he got early FP2 information.

Remember something I said various time before; its very, but very difficult to get the order of the fighters correctly. You can know by other sources that a X company has licensed content from an IP (presumible a fighter) for Smash but don’t know when it comes.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Honestly, with how requested and demanded Geno is to return in not just Smash, but something Mario in general, I am honestly confused why Nintendo just doesn't buy the rights to Geno and all Mario RPG content. I'm not sure how that stuff works but if Nintendo were to do this, Geno most definitely would have been in Smash now and we would have seen him in tons of Mario games and maybe even a playable character in some of the mainline titles.
Exactly. As I said last night, Square Enix likely doesn't care about Super Mario RPG much (if at all). Square literally can't do anything with the characters (I'm pretty sure) because they're still Mario characters. Since Geno and the rest of the original cast have only appeared in one game and haven't appeared since, I wouldn't be surprised if Square literally never even remembered their existence aside from when Nintendo asks to use Super Mario RPG content.

Unfortunately, Nintendo rarely buys studios or any sort of content like that. I don't really know why since Square doesn't really have a reason to decline (unless they want to continually make money off of Super Mario RPG usage).

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Probably for the same reason that they haven´t bought back Banjo (who were during the Nintendo 64, so important for them that they put him on The Nintendo 64 box together with Mario, Donkey Kong, and Pikachu). They are not interested in the character(s) anymore. Heck, they constantly "write out" characters. Toadsworth, for example, has not been apart of a Mario game since Mario Sluggers on Wii (and no, I don´t count the remakes of the Mario & Luigi games)

Attachments

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
76- Min Min
77- Geno
78- Rex
79- Crash
80- Master Chief
81- KOS-MOS
Good list, but I would swap Kos and Chief. I think having her not only follow Chief but be the final character would be more of a death sentence to her. The final spot already has people writing it off as a disappointment and let down, and only a very few big name mainstream video game characters can be in that spot without causing the Smash fanbase to explode.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Was replaying SMRPG a couple of hours ago and just clocked Valentina and Dodo and, I couldn't help but realize that even within the game itself, Geno got shafted by some of the characters as well. You have Princess Toadstool (Peach) after the whole Booster Tower, Marymore marriage fiasco give little importance to Geno's quest of retrieving the star pieces. Some time after, when the King of Nimbus Land is asking about Mallow's companions, once they get to Geno, again with "ah yes, the Star ****", forcing Geno to correct him by saying Star ROAD. It's like, the main plot of the game which is gathering the star pieces is legit taken seriously by only Mario, Mallow, Bowser (sort-of), Peach (after they explain to her in more detail what happens if they don't retrieve the remaining star pieces), the Chancellor, Frogfucius, and of course Geno himself. One could almost say that the Geno detractors are almost a mirror image of SMRPG random NPCs (that you only perhaps talk to once, if at all and offer no significant value to the progression of the main plot). :troll:

D

Deleted member

Hello. I’m new at SmashBoards and I definitely want to see Geno in alongside Crash, Master Cheif, and Ryu Hayabusa. I completed SMRPG once and it was hard but a good play through. I think Geno has a good chance of making it in since his costume is still missing and wasn’t too surprised that spirits don’t deconfirm all along.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Hello. I’m new at SmashBoards and I definitely want to see Geno in alongside Crash, Master Cheif, and Ryu Hayabusa. I completed SMRPG once and it was hard but a good play through. I think Geno has a good chance of making it in since his costume is still missing and wasn’t too surprised that spirits don’t deconfirm all along.
Welcome!

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
Heck, they constantly "write out" characters. Toadsworth, for example, has not been apart of a Mario game since Mario Sluggers on Wii (and no, I don´t count the remakes of the Mario & Luigi games)
You may not count the remakes of the M&L games, but he was in Dream Team in 2013. And... that was his last proper role in anything new. Sorry if I’m just being a bit nitpicky with that.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
It still brings a tear to eye to see that the spirit reveal was enough to get geno trending on SM. It seems like yesterday sakurai gave us his blessing and hope was reignited to a largely dormant/jaded fanbase.

We've come so far, no matter what happens be proud of what we have accomplished.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
As I continue playing SMRPG, and having just beaten a murderous sentient wedding cake that casts earth and ice magic, I'm starting to feel sad for Mallow if Geno is in Smash but Mallow isn't along for the ride. He already gets along well with the Mario group. I would like to have Mallow playable too as individual DLC like Plant.

D

Deleted member

As I continue playing SMRPG, and having just beaten a murderous sentient wedding cake that casts earth and ice magic, I'm starting to feel sad for Mallow if Geno is in Smash but Mallow isn't along for the ride. He already gets along well with the Mario group. I would like to have Mallow playable too as individual DLC like Plant.
If Geno gets in, I think there is a good chance that Mallow shows up in one of Geno’s taunt, victory pose, or the banner. Mallow is definitely an obvious choice for a Mii hat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
You may not count the remakes of the M&L games, but he was in Dream Team in 2013. And... that was his last proper role in anything new. Sorry if I’m just being a bit nitpicky with that.
I thought Dream Team came out prior to Sluggers. But okay, then the last one is that if you discount the remakes.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Just wondering, does anyone know exactly what time Min Min is releasing tomorrow? Did Nintendo specify when or do we need to look at the eShop at every hour and find out ourselves?

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Hello there! Welcome to the thread! Always good to see new faces here! Your complimentary Geno hat will be on your doorstep soon, ala MisterMike MisterMike .

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Hello there! Welcome to the thread! Always good to see new faces here! Your complimentary Geno hat will be on your doorstep soon, ala MisterMike MisterMike .
Sorry I'm late! Welcome to the thread! Here's your complimentary Geno hat:
Hat time.png

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just wondering, does anyone know exactly what time Min Min is releasing tomorrow? Did Nintendo specify when or do we need to look at the eShop at every hour and find out ourselves?
The UK video has her release date as being on June 30th, so from what I've read, it should be somewhere between 7 pm to 9 pm Eastern time. I could be wrong, though.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I was just thinking about theories and evidence supporting Geno and I’ve always wondered why no one mentions the sprit bored.

if your wondering what I mean then allow me to explain

During the first pass there where 2 spirit boards that Geno should have been apart.

1 was called talk of the capes. It was a spirit board for those who wore capes. Geno obviously wears a cape but was not included I. This spirit board.

the 2nd was called beware of the spikes. The spirit board was for those that have spikes. Geno’s cape has spikes on it and his hat is pointy which is like a spike. Geno remained missing from this though.

Geno and mallow haven’t appeared in a spirit board yet and geno’s had 2 which he should’ve been in.

isn’t it a bit weird. My theory is that they were holding Them off until Geno is announced. Then afterwards he’ll get his own spirit board and will be included in spirit boards down the line.

Heoj

Smash Ace
I was just thinking about theories and evidence supporting Geno and I’ve always wondered why no one mentions the sprit bored.

if your wondering what I mean then allow me to explain

During the first pass there where 2 spirit boards that Geno should have been apart.

1 was called talk of the capes. It was a spirit board for those who wore capes. Geno obviously wears a cape but was not included I. This spirit board.

the 2nd was called beware of the spikes. The spirit board was for those that have spikes. Geno’s cape has spikes on it and his hat is pointy which is like a spike. Geno remained missing from this though.

Geno and mallow haven’t appeared in a spirit board yet and geno’s had 2 which he should’ve been in.

isn’t it a bit weird. My theory is that they were holding Them off until Geno is announced. Then afterwards he’ll get his own spirit board and will be included in spirit boards down the line.
I feel like the spike one is a bit of a reach but i agree that geno should have been in the cape one. Personally i feel like those spirit events are something worth keeping an eye on, so i dont think waluigi is happening because of the villain one, but thats just my opinion.

Staarih

Smash Master
Apparently it’s typically been 10 AM Japan Standard Time, so that could act as somewhat of a guideline. So likely later in the day as Japan gets Min Min on the 30th like many of us in Europe.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I don't think that villain spirit thing deconfirms Waluigi at all, but that's a topic for elsewhere. Also, I don't believe Geno's lack of appearing in a spirit event so far boosts his chances, NOR do I think him appearing in a spirit event in the future would kill his chances. The only thing that would kill him is a Mii Costume, no doubt in my mind.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I'm really just going to enjoy what comes our way moving forward. Nothing I can really control at this point. Especially now that I bought the fighter's pass. Sure i'll be disappointed if Geno doesn't get in, but at least I have to be optimistic and believe things will finally go our way at some point.

Right?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm really just going to enjoy what comes our way moving forward. Nothing I can really control at this point. Especially now that I bought the fighter's pass. Sure i'll be disappointed if Geno doesn't get in, but at least I have to be optimistic and believe things will finally go our way at some point.

Right?
Yeah, it's pretty smooth sailing at this point because we're pretty much in a scenario that the Geno fanbase could have only dreamed about in 2005:

-Square and Nintendo are on super good terms again.

-Square has expressed interest in remaking classic RPGs from Nintendo consoles and has already done Trials of Mana.

-Geno regularly makes top 10 in massive polls.

-Cloud and Hero are already in so there's no more Square whatabout-isms because Sora's owned by Disney.

-Lots of evidence that another Square character is flat out happening.

-Base game spirit rule is dead.

-Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo already broke the "impossible" barrier.

-Geno wasn't an assist trophy.

-Is the only character aside from Lloyd that Sakurai has mentioned in a positive light that isn't in yet.

-Has a well documented history in the Smash community that literally goes back to the year 2000.

-A million other reasons we've carefully documented here the past 2 years.

It's really just a matter of time at this point and waiting it out.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
If we're still prattling off Dream passes, here's mine (trying to be somewhat realistic based off of what we know)
-76: Min Min
-77: Geno
-78: Lloyd Irving
-79: Rayman
-80: Crash Bandicoot
-81: Master Cheif/Waluigi

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
If we're still prattling off Dream passes, here's mine (trying to be somewhat realistic based off of what we know)
Sorry this is too realistic and would satisfy too many fans 0/10 please understand

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
Here’s my realistic pass:

76 - Min Min
77 - Geno
78 - Crash Bandicoot
79 - Lloyd Irving
80 - Master Chief
81 - Rex and/or Pyrrha -or- Elma

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Its curious about Milk-BOSATU twitter that leaked one year ago about Min Min, he (or she?) reported about a new fighter that is a female, has sort of japanese clothes (you can get mixed japanese with chinese clothes) and has a boomerang as a weapon. All that lines up very well with Min Min.

We also know that FP2 started development around June, so Min Min development may have taken around a year (10/11 months considering Sakurai’s presentation was recorded in early May). One would ask, it takes almost a year to develop a smash fighter? And the answer is yes, Sakurai has stated before that any new fighter takes between 6 to 12 months, depending on how much they can recycle from other fighters. Plus, from we have heard and saw, Min Min was difficult to develop because of her mechanics and try to balance her so she isn’t OP.

Moreover, we should look at other leakers that got some stuff correct but one of their latests leaks still don’t came true? For example, I remember that IAmShifty insisted about Ryu Hayabusa being an Smash fighter. That was around september on last year before Terry got revealed. We knew he was wrong, but maybe not so wrong? I mean, its possible, as apparently happened with Milk-BOSATU, the he got early FP2 information.

Remember something I said various time before; its very, but very difficult to get the order of the fighters correctly. You can know by other sources that a X company has licensed content from an IP (presumible a fighter) for Smash but don’t know when it comes.
That could fit for stuff geno related like the music takedowns, the missing mii costume, cacomallow or the mii costume leak, for example Papagenos heard from a Microsoft Source in Oct 2018 that Banjo is in (That was one of the reasons why Papa believe in the grinch) but banjo get revealed in June 2019
Hi dude, i hope some of your dreams become a reality soon
Yeah, it's pretty smooth sailing at this point because we're pretty much in a scenario that the Geno fanbase could have only dreamed about in 2005:

-Square and Nintendo are on super good terms again.

-Square has expressed interest in remaking classic RPGs from Nintendo consoles and has already done Trials of Mana.

-Geno regularly makes top 10 in massive polls.

-Cloud and Hero are already in so there's no more Square whatabout-isms because Sora's owned by Disney.

-Lots of evidence that another Square character is flat out happening.

-Base game spirit rule is dead.

-Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo already broke the "impossible" barrier.

-Geno wasn't an assist trophy.

-Is the only character aside from Lloyd that Sakurai has mentioned in a positive light that isn't in yet.

-Has a well documented history in the Smash community that literally goes back to the year 2000.

-A million other reasons we've carefully documented here the past 2 years.

It's really just a matter of time at this point and waiting it out.
OMG fatmanonice consider geno a lock at this point, about the Sakurai's views we can also add Rex

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Very comfy pass

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I'd love a dream pass scenario where everyone gets what they want, but I think ultimately if I had to be realistic, I think we are looking at the following:

76: Min Min

-A Square Enix Character
-Lloyd Irving
-Crash Bandicoot
-Sol Badguy or some kind of Anime Swordsfighter on his level
-BOTW 2 Character

And even though papagenos papagenos made mention of it in his video, I want to set the record that I was claiming BOTW2 character since February <3

Griselda

Smash Lord
If I was the one in charge, I think the pass would probably go something like:
76 - Min Min
77 - Geno
78 - Isaac/Rayman/Crash/Someone else I don't really care for but would mean a lot to many people
79 - Shadow The Hedgehog/Some other Sonic rep
80 - Alis Landale/Some other classic SEGA rep (My personal 'never-ever')
81 - Waluigi (The only 'plumber brother' missing and the most fitting to claw his way into Smash at the last possible second)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Some of my friends on Discord and I have a theory that Season 2 may have once been imagined as a Season 2 and a Season 3 but wound up being crammed together and part of why the deadline for Season 2 is the end of 2021. Not really going to built that tower too much yet but I'll probably bring our theories here if we wind up with any double reveals in the near future.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Hello, Geno Bros.

I think I now fully understand why no one likes it in the Newcomer Speculation thread. I guess I already understood beforehand, but...well, I’ve decided to leave it. I don’t want to dive into the specifics as to why, however.

I will miss some of the cool, kind and reasonable people in that thread, though. I’m not close to anyone on this site, like I’m sure most of us aren’t outside of knowing some interests and stuff, but I genuinely enjoyed most of my time in there, even if what I didn’t enjoy has finally made me think “why do I bother?” Like y’all in here and some people elsewhere, they were nice acquaintances to discuss with and read posts from.

Anyway, outside this spoiler...

I see people are talkin’ realistic passes.

Here’s mine:

1. Min Min
2. Geno
3. Steve/Master Chief
4. Crash Bandicoot
5. Lloyd Irving
6. Waluigi

If based more on a mix of personal wants and realism:

1. Min Min
2. Geno
3. Steve
4. Master Chief
5. Crash or Porky
6. Waluigi

I’d really like a Steve/Chief double reveal, but I guess it’s not really realistic...

For almost purely personal wants for this pass:

1. Min Min
2. Geno
3. Steve
4. Crash
5. Porky Minch
6. Waluigi

Not much different, but I’d like it. My top 5 are Steve, Geno, Skull Kid, Midna, and Porky Minch, but I don’t really expect the last three, with Porky feeling like the likeliest among them; I like them about equally, too, but I guess Steve would always be my #1 want (Banjo & Kazooie shared the spot before they got in) with Geno coming close. I’d also like Toad, Gengar, King Boo, Waluigi, Chibi-Robo and some others (to be honest, I like most of my favorite characters about equally, but I guess there are some I want more regarding Smash). I don’t really care much about Crash getting in, but I do like him, and he’d be very cool for others.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom