• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Geno detractors when they say he's irrelevant:

"Well boys we did it. Geno is no more."
I never really understood the relevancy argument. Ness was irrelevant when he was included in Smash 64, and we also have Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Duck Hunt, Captain Falcon and so much more. It seems like people only use that argument to find some way to say Geno has no chance when in reality, that argument has never mattered.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Hello, Geno Bros.

I think I now fully understand why no one likes it in the Newcomer Speculation thread. I guess I already understood beforehand, but...well, I’ve decided to leave it. I don’t want to dive into the specifics as to why, however.

I will miss some of the cool, kind and reasonable people in that thread, though. I’m not close to anyone on this site, but because of them, I genuinely enjoyed most of my time in there, even if what I didn’t enjoy has finally made me think “why do I bother?”

Anyway, outside this spoiler...
I just did the one yesterday and realized, yeah can't go back there lol. It just gets hard to get anyone to think outside their own space of mind. Also, people just dont want to be opened minded and think maybe that could happen. Instead we get met with jokes and undermining ones take. Which is why I remain here and jump around other areas. You a cool dude CJ, dont let it get to you homie.

Anyhoo most wants and likely?
Want:
1 Min Min
2 Geno
3 Dante
4 Luke von Fabre
5 Doom Slayer
6 Kiriyu Kazuma

Likely:
1 Min Min
2 Geno
3 Crash
4 Rayman
5 Capcom rep
6 Master Chief

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
My simple wish list for the pass:

1. Min Min
2. Geno
3. - 6. GENO FINALLY IS IN, STILL TOO HAPPY TO CARE WHO ELSE IN IN!!

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I never really understood the relevancy argument. Ness was irrelevant when he was included in Smash 64, and we also have Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Duck Hunt, Captain Falcon and so much more. It seems like people only use that argument to find some way to say Geno has no chance when in reality, that argument has never mattered.
It's not even based on past Smash precedent. Whenever I say " Well Game and Watch or Ice Climbers" they're like "They were bad additions in the first place and they shouldn't add anymore irrelevant characters."

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
It's not even based on past Smash precedent. Whenever I say " Well Game and Watch or Ice Climbers" they're like "They were bad additions in the first place and they shouldn't add anymore irrelevant characters."
Yeah that's the Smash community for you. Always contradicting themselves and moving goalposts and acting like certain characters were exceptions.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I haven't changed my pass predictions much, but since a few people posted 'em already:
76 - Min Min
77 - Geno
78 - Crash
79 - Dante or Conker
80 - Lloyd
81 - Rex and Pyra

Paraster

Smash Lord
I actually made this a few days ago, very soon after becoming a Geno fan:
my fighters pass 2 min min.png

Honorable mentions that I would love to see even if I couldn't fit them here are Reimu (Touhou), Hat Kid (A Hat In Time), Kris (Deltarune), Sora (Kingdom Hearts), Spyro (Spyro), Cadence (Crypt of the NecroDancer), and (just for how funny it'd be) Goose (Untitled Goose Game).

Last edited:

GodzillaGuy64

Smash Apprentice
Ideal Fighter Passes, eh? I’ll throw my 2 cents in.
76. Min Min
77. Geno
78. Crash
79. Doomguy
80. Rayman
81. Nintendo shill pick???

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
If we're still prattling off Dream passes, here's mine (trying to be somewhat realistic based off of what we know)
-76: Min Min
-77: Geno
-78: Lloyd Irving
-79: Rayman
-80: Crash Bandicoot
-81: Master Cheif/Waluigi
This would be absolutely perfect! Personally, I'd prefer Isaac instead of Llyod but I'd still be blown away if the pass looked like this. I know this is your dream pass but speaking to what other people are talking about, it's incredible looking at other peoples' realistic passes and seeing the characters in them. Not that long ago I never would have considered many of these characters realistic. Smash is truly amazing.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Since we're all making lists of our most wanted and most likely Fighters Passes, I decided I will join the bandwagon. Anyhoo, here's mine:
Most Wanted:
1: Min Min - Confirmed
2: Geno - Why else would I be in this thread? Geno would be such a cool character, would represent the very first Mario RPG, and Nintendo and Square's history makes Geno a character I really want.
3: Crash Bandicoot - Crash would really compete the 90's rivalry between Nintendo, SEGA and the PlayStation, as Crash was the PS1's unofficial mascot and to see the three all in one game would be amazing to see.
4: Waluigi - Waluigi has a mixed reception within the Smash community, but I want Waluigi just for the simple fact that to see him finally get a chance in the spotlight would be amazing to see and would finally feel like he means something to Nintendo. That, and I love Waluigi in the sports games and I think him utilizing all of those abilities from those sports games would make for a rather interesting moveset.

These next two characters aren't really characters I'm necessarily rooting for, but I do understand their legacy that seeing them in Smash would absolutely be incredible. Anyways, let's continue

5: Isaac - I never really touched a Golden Sun game, but I would be incredibly happy to see him just for the simple fact that Isaac is such a popular request within the Smash community and to see the Isaac supporters get their character in Smash would be amazing to see, so I'm hoping mostly for their sake.
6: Sora - I know Sora doesn't have the best reception in this thread, and their have been instances where I have come off as a Sora detractor, but in all actuality, Kingdom Hearts in Smash would be a huge deal and getting Disney representation in some way would just be mind-blowing to me. Even though I personally think Sora doesn't have much of a shot, just remember that I do think Sora would be an amazing addition and would definitely be one of the most internet-breaking characters.

Most Likely:
1: Min Min - Confirmed
2: Geno - I do genuinely believe Geno is next and that he will be the Banjo of this Pass. I'm not gonna go over everything in his favor since we have The List, but Geno has the best shot out of any character imo right now.
3: Lloyd Irving - Namco is literally developing this game and they still only have one character with PAC-MAN. Tales Of is also one of the many pioneers of the JRPG genre and Sakurai has openly stated that if he were to choose a Tales rep to get in Smash, it would be Lloyd. Not to mention, like Geno, Lloyd's outfit from Sm4sh still remains MIA so I think its very likely they are holding off on it for a reason.
4: Rayman - As much as I want Crash to be the Western rep of this Pass, I do think as of right now, Rayman has more things going in his favor. The Ubisoft Club App debacle, Ubisoft outfits with Byleth, the Rayman trademark being renewed by a third-party company, as well as Nintendo And Ubisoft's incredibly strong relationship makes me feel that a Ubisoft rep is long overdue to get included.
5: Sol Badguy - Sol Badguy doesn't necessarily have much going in favor of him, but I think he would be a Sakurai pick, one that isn't on anyone's radar and a franchise Sakurai can gush about. Arc System Works recently got a Spirit event, which proves they are involved with Smash in some way, and they have a decent relationship with Nintendo.
6: Rex & Pyra - Much like an ARMS rep, Rex was turned down due to Xenoblade 2's short release. As such, I do think its very possible that Sakurai can give Rex a second chance, much like how he gave an ARMS rep a second chance as well. Not to mention the fact that Rex also has the popularity and the fact that Xenoblade could definitely use another character, especially since the franchise is starting to become big and because Xenoblade: Definitive Edition recently came out, which could coincide really nicely.

Anyways, these were my most wanted and most likely Fighters Passes. Would love to hear your guy's thoughts on it!

D

Deleted member

Its curious about Milk-BOSATU twitter that leaked one year ago about Min Min, he (or she?) reported about a new fighter that is a female, has sort of japanese clothes (you can get mixed japanese with chinese clothes) and has a boomerang as a weapon. All that lines up very well with Min Min.

We also know that FP2 started development around June, so Min Min development may have taken around a year (10/11 months considering Sakurai’s presentation was recorded in early May). One would ask, it takes almost a year to develop a smash fighter? And the answer is yes, Sakurai has stated before that any new fighter takes between 6 to 12 months, depending on how much they can recycle from other fighters. Plus, from we have heard and saw, Min Min was difficult to develop because of her mechanics and try to balance her so she isn’t OP.

Moreover, we should look at other leakers that got some stuff correct but one of their latests leaks still don’t came true? For example, I remember that IAmShifty insisted about Ryu Hayabusa being an Smash fighter. That was around september on last year before Terry got revealed. We knew he was wrong, but maybe not so wrong? I mean, its possible, as apparently happened with Milk-BOSATU, the he got early FP2 information.

Remember something I said various time before; its very, but very difficult to get the order of the fighters correctly. You can know by other sources that a X company has licensed content from an IP (presumible a fighter) for Smash but don’t know when it comes.
I think this is a train of thought worth looking into, honestly, because if memory serves, we have three major statements from around that time from several sources:

-Milk says there's a female fighter that no one asked for who has a throwing weapon
-Mii Costume leaker provides several sources with the costume list for Banjo (Sans the Skeleton) as well as Mallow and Smithy, before Hero is even out.
-Another party makes a claim that Crash is coming.

My timing may be a bit skewed on this, but it's very interesting to think that at E3 2019, which many assume to be the final greenlight date of Fighter Pass 2, we have three characters come to the forefront, one of which might have turned out to be Challenger 6, depending if you believe Milk was right, which, for the sake of argument, let's say he was. We know that it takes characters about a year to develop, Sakurai's words, and I think the idea of 8 months to a year has been thrown around here and there... So let's crunch the numbers. If it took a whole year for Min Min to be developed and released, June to June would be extremely accurate. She was ready to be shown off in May, so 11 months? That was the beginning of May, when Sakurai filmed the presentation, and he made it sound like Nintendo wanted him to have some special equipment for it, so maybe she was ready in April, but there was a little hang up... So 10 months... And that lines up nicely with the assumption that we were going to have an Amiibo restock (and possibly the release of Joker) in April had there not been a certain virus terrorizing the world.

I haven't had anything more productive to do, so I've given it quite a bit of thought today, and it's funny to see this post:

Some of my friends on Discord and I have a theory that Season 2 may have once been imagined as a Season 2 and a Season 3 but wound up being crammed together and part of why the deadline for Season 2 is the end of 2021. Not really going to built that tower too much yet but I'll probably bring our theories here if we wind up with any double reveals in the near future.
because I was thinking something vaguely similar: we have six characters in this pass, and E3 2019 might have been the deciding grounds for at least three of them. If they had intended, oh, I don't know... to release Min Min in April, similar to Joker, then they would have shown off two at E3 to release similarly to Hero and Banjo... and then called it quits for the year, only to release the other three in the same pattern next year. So, if Milk was really talking Min Min and assuming she was part of the first fighter pass, but it turned out she was part of the second, then the Mii costume leaker somehow got wind of oddly Geno specific costumes that were in development at the time, and then another person heard Crash... I feel like it's extremely likely that the E3 bombshell characters would have been Geno followed by Crash, which works out even better to assume that Crash 4 is actually coming to the Switch, but was being saved for that specific announcement.

Now the only question that remains is when Nintendo feels like showing off what they had planned for E3, and let me tell you, Marty, if it's 7/6 or 7/7, we're gonna see some serious ****.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I heard Milk Bosatu mentioned. I believe That leak was actually around December of 2018, which had mentioned the DQ Heroes with no female Alts and a Female "fighting game character" like character

That timeframe would not work towards Min-Min at all unless they were considering Min-Min as early as December of 2018 (when game released), or Milk got more info, but i don't know if those are the cases.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Fighter pass predictions again? I'll bite.

1. Min Min
2. Geno
3. Crash
4. Rayman
5. Lloyd
6. Rex and Pyra

Honorable mentions go to Doomslayer, Sora, Dante, and Monster Hunter.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Geno, Shantae, Rayman or Crash, Professor Layton, and Bandana Waddle Dee are the characters I probably want to see the most right now. Honorable mentions include Phoenix Wright, Dante, Isaac, Lloyd, and Master Chief or Doomslayer

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I'll post my passes as well:
Personal Pass:
1. Min Min
2. Geno
3. Rayman
4. Crash
5. Frisk
6. Master Chief

Realistic Pass:
1. Min Min
2. Geno
3. Crash
4. Rex
5. Llyod
6. Dante

Some characters I think would be really cool and a big deal for Smash that weren't mentioned:
Sora
Doom Guy
Isaac
Ratchet & Clank/Sackboy/Kratos
Steve

7NATOR

Smash Master
We doing Predictions in here

Min-Min
Geno
Crash
Rex
League of Legends character
Shadow the Hedgehog

Honorable Mentions: Reimu, Bomberman, Waluigi, Dante, KOS-MOS, Lloyd, Toxicrity, Professor Layton, Scorpion, Rayman

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
Oh boy, we’re doing Fighter Pass predictions? Guess I’ll say mine.

Fighter #7: Geno
Fighter #8: Rex and Pyra
Fighter #9: Bandana Waddle Dee
Fighter #10: Rillaboom
Fighter #11: Travis Touchdown

Honourable mentions go to Lloyd, Monster Hunter, Crash, Doomguy, and Rayman.

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I always enjoy posting fan art I find on Twitter in the thread, so why not.

20200628_200348.jpg

As a general onlooker who hasn't played Super Mario RPG yet (I'm going to eventually I swear), I think Boshi is my top choice for a character who should be brought back if any characters were going to return from Super Mario RPG (alongside Geno of course). Mario and Luigi already have rivals, so it makes sense that the iconic Yoshi would have one too (heck, Peach was even going to have a rival in Mario Tennis). Of course, Geno would be awesome to see return, but even though I don't know much about Boshi, his "harder"/edgy design and (what I assume to be) his general personality seem to be a great foil for the kind-hearted and jovial Yoshi. *sigh* He would be so good in spin-offs... If only...

Last edited:

ZerBerry

Smash Cadet
want :

77. geno/2b (square rep)
78. reimu
79. travis touchdown
80. dante
81. doomslayer/master chief (fps rep)
surprise bonus : waluigi & dixie kong

want/likely :

76. min min
77. geno
78. crash
79. travis
80. kos-mos or lloyd (namco rep, i'd prefer kos-mos and i think she's more likely)
81. dante
and then more characters are added : reimu (first indie character playable) and waluigi (ultimate shock that will cause the universe to collapse but that's okay)

fp2 leaked :

76. min min
77. geno
78. crash
79. kos-mos
80. dante
81. waluigi

lol a lot of characters who are affiliated to space are on my lists (geno, 2b, master chief, kos-mos)

Chad K Rule

Smash Cadet
Not that this is my most wanted list, but it is a list I feel might be interesting and would surprise a lot of people.

#7 Geno
#8 Crash
#9 Monster Hunter
#10 Excite Biker
#11 Scorpion

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Fighter's Pass Predictions:

6. Min Min
7. Dragonborn
8. Geno
9. Crash/Rayman
10. Rex and Pyra
11. Fire Emblem shill pick

Fighter's Pass Desires:

6. Min Min (First Choice was either Spring Man or Max Brass)
7. Dragonborn
8. Crash Bandicoot
9. Louie (Pikmin)
10. Prince of All Cosmos (Katamari)
11. Waluigi

Antho

Smash Apprentice
I’ve made a hypothetical Geno and Waluigi dual reveal trailer if there was/is supposed to be a Mario presentation. It’s sort of long, and keep in mind I think I played enough of SMRPG to understand the plot and everything so if I get anything wrong please feel free to correct me. Also, I don’t think it’d actually happen. I’m gonna spoiler it because of size.
Mario, Peach and Bowser are traveling in a location that resembles a location in SMRPG, whether it be Star Road or Forest Maze, or wherever else. Suddenly, they start to get attacked by Galeem/Dharkon clones of Bowser Jr./Luigi/Rosalina/whoever else. We then see Mario, Peach and Bowser doing various attacks on them, with Mario using a hammer, Peach using frying pans and Bowser using fire, until they all get attacked. When everything seems bleak for the trio, a giant blue laser beam blows them all away. They all look in the direction of the blue laser beam and see who else but Geno, as the splash screen comes up. “Geno Wishes to Fight!” it then shows his moveset, perhaps also Mallow cameos in his taunts, as the end shows them all doing their victory poses, including Mallow, as they would do in SMRPG with the victory music playing. It then does the whole “Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars”. The trailer then slowly fades back in. We see Geno walking in Star Road. Whether voice acted or a text box, he reads some of the wishes. “It seems like I’m not the only one people want from this universe... Nevertheless, I shall make their wishes come true!”
The screen fades to white. Then the Mario presentation plays as normal. Possible Mario remakes getting announced, etc, etc, until the end. Someone mentions that the trailer from the beginning wasn’t actually finished, and then they start to play the rest of it. Then, we see a certain lanky guy who also happens to wear purple clothing in various previous reveal trailers. We see Waluigi about to receive an invite when Plant bites on to his arm and takes it with his leaf hands, we see Waluigi all dressed up about to receive his invite when Joker stealthily snatches it, he was about to be the “Knight in shining armor” Link needed until Clone Marth slashes him, he was ready to stand outside of DK’s window when an exploding can, courtesy of Duck Hunt, goes off and blasts him away, he falls off of the tower after Geese Howard does, also chasing after Terry's invite, he gets trapped and defeated by that forbidden spell in Byleth’s trailer, and Helix just so happens to deck him out of the stadium when they’re all fighting for the invite. Feeling down on his luck, we see Waluigi just sitting down somewhere, on a log perhaps. From the sky, we see what seems to be a shooting star falling down, but when it comes closer into view, we see it’s a Smash invite, Waluigi’s eyes light up as he starts to follow it, until it lands in his hands. Letting out a powerful “Wahahaha!” he gets in a fighting stance. “Waluigi’s Assisted into Battle!” Then it shows his gameplay, moves and ends with “Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X Waluigi”

Last edited:

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
I heard Milk Bosatu mentioned. I believe That leak was actually around December of 2018, which had mentioned the DQ Heroes with no female Alts and a Female "fighting game character" like character

That timeframe would not work towards Min-Min at all unless they were considering Min-Min as early as December of 2018 (when game released), or Milk got more info, but i don't know if those are the cases.
Here it says that Bosatu leak talking about a female character that look from a fighting game dates from mid june

1593397032420.jpeg

The day later I think he tweeted that this character has a boomeran like weapon and looked asian.

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
I guess my wishlist would be:
6- Min Min
7- Geno
8- Crash Bandicoot
9- Ryu Hayabusa
10- KOS-MOS
11- Chrono
BONUS: Rayman, so Ubisoft can finally get a slice of the Smash roster pie.

God I'd love to see Chrono from Chrono Trigger.

A lot of people might think "Why? We got Hero?" Each of his specials could be a dual tech with a different partner. His stage could be the Epoch with the beautiful Kingdom of Zeal in the back. Since Smash Ultimate is becoming a museum of gaming's greatest achievements & beloved fan classics (Like Earthbound, Banjo-Kazooie & Tooie, Final Fantasy 7, etc) Chrono would fit right on in. And let's not even get started about the music, my Lord what a soundtrack.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Here it says that Bosatu leak talking about a female character that look from a fighting game dates from mid june

View attachment 276616
The day later I think he tweeted that this character has a boomeran like weapon and looked asian.
You need to tell me where you got this pic from, cause i know it's a real tweet, but all his tweet deleted

the Smash wiki kept tabs on his tweets

https://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_rumors#Milk-BOSATU_leak

He made a tweet on December 14, 2018 talking about this character. If Min-Min was this female character, that's a really long time to have her planned i will say that.

QQS

Smash Lord
Personal Favorites:

76 Min Min
77 Geno (my most wanted, love him)
78 Crash
79 Skull Kid
80 Zero (from Mega Man X)
81 Tails or Knuckles

(would love to see more personal picks, most notably after all them would be Hayabusa. Also I could be fine with just another Zelda rep, specially Skull Kid of course).

Most Likely IMO:

76 Min Min
77 Geno (he is happening, I trust it 100%)
78 Crash
79 Rayman
80 Pokemon (Rillaboom or Urshifu)
81 Lloyd

(Notably missing some characters that aren’t my personal picks but would like to happen just for the fans: Sora, Isaac, Dante. If I would be extremely 100% happy with Geno, I understand their passion with their boys also).

Bottom Line: Smash is already perfect and for me I’m only missing Geno. With him I’m 100% satisfied with the game and the rest would be just more good cherries on the cake. When Geno appears playable, I would already have my two top personal picks in all my life: Mega Man & Geno. Couldn’t ask for more.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
514678.PNG

A friend sent me this, what's the verdict, Genobros?
Looks a little too good to be true, though the TWEWY stuff lines up with the recent reveal for the anime series.

D

Deleted member

My personal prediction for the next 5:
Geno
Crash
Lloyd
Dante
Master Cheif or Rex

If I were to make a full pass:

1. Geno
2. Ryu Hayabusa
3. Master Cheif
4. Crash
5. Nightmare
6. Mach Rider or Impa

Last edited by a moderator:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
View attachment 276620

Looks a little too good to be true, though the TWEWY stuff lines up with the recent reveal for the anime series.
Seems like they know too much, but not like the normal too much 'fake' leakers. Also, I do not think we will be getting a solo Smash presentation.

However, I am willing to entertain this one for a time. Because we have nothing better to do! (Would be excited for this, but ain't betting on it)

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
View attachment 276620

Doesn’t make any sense to have the only Doom representation be a Cacodemon hat when the Doomslayer can work as a mii gunner itself.

Overall sounds like a piggyback from the mii costume list/Cacomallow leak. The person who posted that probably lurks here lmao.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Seems like they know too much, but not like the normal too much 'fake' leakers. Also, I do not think we will be getting a solo Smash presentation.

However, I am willing to entertain this one for a time. Because we have nothing better to do! (Would be excited for this, but ain't betting on it)
I was thinking the same thing, though we could be getting something that contains the next two characters, since they've been in development for awhile and were supposed to be E3 reveals. I doubt they'd hold them until September.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
View attachment 276620

That was done today, I think it was Friday when they announced the development of a TWEWY anime, that guy could be taking strength from that fact to make his leak credible, it looks very false, he takes advantage of many leaks like that of the NSFW account that said there will be 2 presentations (one on July 7 and the other on July 14), the Cacomallow or mii costume guy. I don't think it's real, consider that is from 4chan

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
That was done today, I think it was Friday when they announced the development of a TWEWY anime, that guy could be taking strength from that fact to make his leak credible, it looks very false, he takes advantage of many leaks like that of the NSFW account that said there will be 2 presentations (one on July 7 and the other on July 14), the Cacomallow or mii costume guy. I don't think it's real, consider that is from 4chan
I believe it's fake as well, I just thought I'd pass it along since we have little else to do.

RichieGonzo

Smash Rookie
View attachment 276620

Very much doubt this. It just seems they're taking from Cacomallow and TWEWY anime to try and seem credible. Also there was another leak saying that Hollow Knight Mii was coming with sealed vessel as a track. This guy is just taking from other leaks.

Geno is still coming anyway. It's cool.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom