• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
If Geno is in, we have the full 4 "these are impossible for Smash" since Brawl complete (Ridley, King K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, Geno) and I think that would be an accomplishment for the fandom. Which character would be next?

QQS

Smash Lord
If Geno is in, we have the full 4 "these are impossible for Smash" since Brawl complete (Ridley, King K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, Geno) and I think that would be an accomplishment for the fandom. Which character would be next?
Thats right. I would be totally done and happy 100% ever. Geno probably will come with SMRPG to the NSO. Finally, if they wanna do more with Geno, it would be even better, but I have to admit my final wish and after that I stop making brainstorms, is Geno playable in Smash. I could be reading here often and sharing our Geno stories and tactics. But of course the dream would be done.

Maybe Isaac is the last. I have heard the Never Evers are: Ridley, KKR, Banjo, Geno and Isaac. I haven’t played Golden Sun but it would be nice for the fans :). Now it’s our time, though. Last year was Banjo-Kazooie time.

GENO SHINES IN SMASH!

Edit: and also have the Geno amiibo next to my other babies. A real and official Geno toy, epic.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
What will happen to this thread if Geno is released?
To me, it´s the final guy from the long time wishlist that isn´t a trophy.
I'll just mainly be spending most of my time here in the Shantae and Goemon threads after Geno is announced.

Isaac. It would still look like a uncomplete picture without him. It's not over until we get the "Big 5".

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Isaac and Waluigi has loud support since brawl
I think Lloyd possibly too because of the japanese supports since brawl

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What will happen to this thread if Geno is released?
To me, it´s the final guy from the long time wishlist that isn´t a trophy.
If Geno becomes playable, this thread will become the Geno social thread. Not sure if it will lead to a dip in activity after that (many people have said that they're done with Smash speculation once Geno gets in), or if it will only increase. (since people will have more to discuss about the character now that they're in, and off-topic rules won't be as strict)

Last edited:

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Isaac. It would still look like a uncomplete picture without him. It's not over until we get the "Big 5".
I can only imagine it being so harsh being an Isaac fan. They see Ridley being confirmed, King K. Rool being confirmed, Isaac being part of the Grinch leak, the Grinch leak being deconfirmed, Isaac being stuck in Assist Trophy hell, Banjo & Kazooie being confirmed, Geno nearly getting confirmed. And Isaac is still an AT. Still, I can't see him getting the upgrade within this Smash game. It's really sad for the Isaac fans.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I can only imagine it being so harsh being an Isaac fan. They see Ridley being confirmed, King K. Rool being confirmed, Isaac being part of the Grinch leak, the Grinch leak being deconfirmed, Isaac being stuck in Assist Trophy hell, Banjo & Kazooie being confirmed, Geno nearly getting confirmed. And Isaac is still an AT. Still, I can't see him getting the upgrade within this Smash game. It's really sad for the Isaac fans.
It is. But as a life time K. Rool/Ridley/Banjo & Kazooie supporter since Melee, I really have the feels for his fans and you guys who have wanted Geno since forever. I want the Isaac bros to bask in victory along with the Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo, and Geno bros for this game.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Issac, Lloyd, Rayman, Waluigi, and Sora are the big five in my eyes that have had fanbases since Brawl that have kept morale going. I'm pretty confident that we're going to get at least two of these guys by the time Ultimate is done. This year has been very interesting for all of these characters:

-Major Golden Sun copyrights were updated not only in 2018 but 2019 as well. If it's not Smash, I think there's enough to consider that Nintendo is going to do "something" with the property probably within the next year.

-Rayman recently had a major copyright update akin to what Banjo got in October 2018 and Takes in September 2019.

-Tales had a big copyright update last year and Namco has even said big announcements for the 25th anniversary are coming at some point this year.

-I know people get on edge when Sora gets brought up here but, damn son, Disney and Square are HARD pushing it this year. Several announcements already with more to come, multiple mobile games, and a full blown animated series coming to Disney+. This is aggressive marketing like the series has never had. I'll say it again... I think both Geno and Sora can make and, based on everything I've heard, Geno would be early while Sora would be late in Season 2. Geno's very likely to be 7 or 8 while Sora would probably be 10 or 11 if he wound up with a full pack. As I've said before, him and Rayman are currently the only third party characters I'm really entertaining right now for potential "bonus content" based on a growing number of factors. I know it's been like the Palestinian conflict at times this past decade and a half but Ultimate may wind up being the game where Geno fans and Sora fans can finally make peace with one another.

-Waluigi is Waluigi. He's basically the new Ridley who was the new Cloud who was the new Megaman who was the new Sonic who was the new Pit.

Time will tell but I think the future holds a lot of good things for these ever green characters, even if it doesn't wind up being Smash.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I'm sure this is BS, but... figured I'd still post it anyway. (Courtesy of Star Road discord)
FTR: The post on discord was at 9:06AM (EST). No one gave the time for the actual post's post date.

Screenshot-20200618-133659-Chrome-1.jpg

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I would say Isaac would also be in the category of the "impossibles" along with Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo and Geno. But after that, I would say the next 5 "impossibles" for the next game will be Crash, as people still think he is owned by Sony, Waluigi, as people think people want him just for the "lolz", Sora, as people say Disney would never allow the character in Smash, Steve, as people think he would be too bland of a character, and Master Chief, as people think characters with no history on Nintendo are eligible.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Just because disney and square is pushing KH doesnt mean sora is coming to smash. We need to stop this train of thought, or at least reconize its not a garunteed sogn for smash inclusion. Joker got in with absolutely no pushing towards nintendo. Terry had no pushing close to his reveal. Banjo only had some toys being announced. ARMS had no pushing before its reveal. The only ones were Hero and Byleth.

So we cannot look at these things and just assume it means smash.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I'm sure this is BS, but... figured I'd still post it anyway. (Courtesy of Star Road discord)
FTR: The post on discord was at 9:06AM (EST). No one gave the time for the actual post's post date.

View attachment 275170
Found the post. He posted at 8:18 am EST. I cannot look at his post history as I refuse to sign up on that site.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I would say Isaac would also be in the category of the "impossibles" along with Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo and Geno. But after that, I would say the next 5 "impossibles" for the next game will be Crash, as people still think he is owned by Sony, Waluigi, as people think people want him just for the "lolz", Sora, as people say Disney would never allow the character in Smash, Steve, as people think he would be too bland of a character, and Master Chief, as people think characters with no history on Nintendo are eligible.
I feel like half of those characters you mentioned will get into Ultimate before the DLC is all wrapped up.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Yeah, no.
Yeah that's how I feel. I can't imagine Nintendo just not giving a crap about reveals like that. The half-reveal was one thing, which was in the shadowdropped mini-direct, but no one gave a crap about that. Waiting 5 months to get a shadowdrop full reveal and probably no 7/8? I just don't see it happening.

Again, totally disagree with the post, I only posted it because it's something to talk about, and I wanted to forward it from the Star Road discord.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just because disney and square is pushing KH doesnt mean sora is coming to smash. We need to stop this train of thought, or at least reconize its not a garunteed sogn for smash inclusion. Joker got in with absolutely no pushing towards nintendo. Terry had no pushing close to his reveal. Banjo only had some toys being announced. ARMS had no pushing before its reveal. The only ones were Hero and Byleth.

So we cannot look at these things and just assume it means smash.
I agree.

But at the very least, it's safe to say the fear that Disney would never cooperate is also unfounded. They're actually pretty cooperative. Now how the Disney animation content would be haggled with is a whole nother issue. Especially when it's not playable content. KH has had purely OC stuff too, so the issue could be stuff beyond Spirits(which are far smaller cameos than AT's, Final Smash stuff, or various stage hazards/summons). Spirits are updated trophies, and the gameplay revolves around the chosen character. So that's not awkward. It also might be a case where it's fairly easy to get the content anyway because it's in a bundle. On the other hand, Sakurai might feel it comes too close to his personal rule and might stick with OC's. We might just see the Mickey keychain and that's it. He does get bombarded with requests, and if there's no way he can have non-game characters playable, adding more than simplistic references can create issues again. So in the end, he has to approach this kind of situation carefully. What he personally decides could even deny the character if Disney is insistent on the cartoon content, and even spirits might not be "okay" for Sakurai.

It's a complicated mess in that regard.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
i just realized we are getting near 3000 pages thats almost double the size of the biggest Ridley thread on smashboards during SSB4
Basically, almost double the size of the former biggest character support thread in Smashboards history.
"B-but Geno's such a tiny niche obscure character! No one wants him, you guys are just a puny echo chamber! He totally should be a preMiium costume."

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

View attachment 275170
Raising my suspension of disbelief to maximum levels, this would be enormous news on a number fronts:

Shadowdrops don't really happen with Smash but, when they do, they've always been announcements of more DLC than originally expected. In other words, they're always surprises. Here's the history:

-October 2014: Mewtwo is announced.

-April 2015: Lucas is announced and the Smash Ballot is announced, all but confirming more DLC.

-November 2018: Plant and the Fighter's Pass are announced.

-September 2019: Sans, the first premium costume is announced. More DLC after the Fighter's Pass is announced.

-January 2020: Cuphead is announced, confirming premium costumes would continue. Season 2 is fully announced.

Based on all this, if we really were getting a shadowdrop today, it wouldn't be ARMS and it wouldn't be one of the 6 packs within Season 2. It would be something outside of and not hinted at yet because that's always been the case for DLC shadowdrops.

TLDR; if we overcome the astronomical odds, the shadowdrop would all but be confirmed to be bonus content or even a bonus character based on past precedent.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
"B-but Geno's such a tiny niche obscure character! No one wants him, you guys are just a puny echo chamber! He totally should be a preMiium costume."
"Geno is a side character from a 24 year old one off spin off game SO GET OVER IT!!! HE IS NOT MAKING IT IN!!!"

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
That's some top kek level **** right there.

Why is he there then?
because someone took his post on FM and decided he was an “insiderrrrr”. I’m betting that’s how it spread to Star Road

2EA8B31C-CFAB-47A4-8871-4D90E4A75C9E.jpeg

I understand we are desperate for news guys but this is pathetic. Can we please not do this?

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I'd like to add something about Isaac since he is the only other character I care about outside Geno.

I've never really looked as Isaac as a "never ever" or "impossible" character. Instead, I think of Isaac as the single biggest snub in Smash history. He never felt like he should've been an underdog in the first place in the way that Ridley/Geno/Banjo/K. Rool were. Those 4 all had things actively working against their inclusions in one way or another that made them seem like pipe dreams. Sakurai literally said Ridley was too big. Geno and Banjo are owned by competitors who had "sour" relationships with Nintendo not so long ago. K. Rool is kind of similar to Isaac I'd say, but he wasn't the protagonist and DK already had a couple reps anyways.

Isaac is the main character in a series that deserves to be represented with a playable fighter in Smash and they just continue to not add him, so I look at this as a massive snub/disrespect. At this point I'll take Matthew

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom