• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
I know it's not Nintendo but this is seriously like the 5th dead franchise that's been revived this year and the 3rd in a month! Jesus...
Was there not a remake of one of the games a few years ago? It's not necessarily a dead franchise, I'd say. Still really cool to have a new game announced and not a remake, right enough.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Looks like I was wrong about one thing regarding thread milestones, we're going to reach page 2800 before the reveals

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I know it's not Nintendo but this is seriously like the 5th dead franchise that's been revived this year and the 3rd in a month! Jesus...
Rachet was never dead, his last game was in 2016. Sure the movie bombed but the game did well and it seems like Sony will let Insomniac do whatever they want as long as Spider Man sells at this rate.

It feels like Sony has shown more variety in the last half hour than they have the entire last gen, so that's a good sign.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Was there not a remake of one of the games a few years ago? It's not necessarily a dead franchise, I'd say. Still really cool to have a new game announced and not a remake, right enough.
I might be thinking of Jak and Daxter...Okay, looking into it, the last Rachet and Clank game was in 2016 and it was a remake of the original. Beyond that, the last totally original game in the series was 2013 so it's not like, F-Zero bad but it's still been awhile.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Star Road discord: *everyone losing their minds at every new thing*
Me, watching them lose their minds, but not the event: *zzz*

I'm starting to question if I really do like video games or not. I feel like the industry's just going in a direction I don't really care for :/

Dukefire

Smash Master

I'm starting to question if I really do like video games or not. I feel like the industry's just going in a direction I don't really care for :/
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about them going nuts, I'm just like "I don't get it" for most of these games, even moreso since I don't have a PS4/really care for much of Sony's stuff.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about them going nuts, I'm just like "I don't get it" for most of these games, even moreso since I don't have a PS4/really care for much of Sony's stuff.
I can say the same here. I don't have the console and I'm just watching it for what they have to offer

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Sony just ***** slapped Microsoft into oblivion. After a super dissapointing XBSX presentation a while back, the PS5 one kicked more ass than any game event in recent memory. Spiderman with Miles, new Ratchet and Clank, Resident Evil, Hitman 3, Horizon zero Dawn 2, new Little Big Planet, and just so many awesome looking originals!

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
NO CRASH MY BINGO IS RUINED NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
hz9584.png

The conference was...great? I think? Like, there was a bunch of variety, pretty much every game that was shown looked good, there were a bunch of big announcements (Hitman 3, Horizon 2, REVIII, Rachet, Demon Souls, Spider Man 2), there were actually alot of new seemingly big budget IP's that looked good as well, the console looks weird and the digital edition scares me about the price, and leading with a PS4 game was really stupid, but overall it just felt like it was missing...something? I mean the biggest announcement was Spider Man 2 in 2020 and they lead with that, wouldn't it have made sense to switch that around with Horizon 2?

Overall an 8/10, nothing too suprising save for Spider Man , if it just had one big more announcement like a Crash game or Silent Hills or something it would be a 9. Now that I think about it the fact that they led with GTA V getting a PS5 port seemingly confirms a lack of full backwards compatibility with PS4 and that's a big nono on my end.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

The conference was...great? I think? Like, there was a bunch of variety, pretty much every game that was shown looked good, there were a bunch of big announcements (Hitman 3, Horizon 2, REVIII, Rachet, Demon Souls, Spider Man 2), there were actually alot of new seemingly big budget IP's that looked good as well, the console looks weird and the digital edition scares me about the price, and leading with a PS4 game was really stupid, but overall it just felt like it was missing...something? I mean the biggest announcement was Spider Man 2 in 2020 and they lead with that, wouldn't it have made sense to switch that around with Horizon 2?

Overall an 8/10, nothing too suprising save for Spider Man , if it just had one big more announcement like a Crash game or Silent Hills or something it would be a 9. Now that I think about it the fact that they led with GTA V getting a PS5 port seemingly confirms a lack of full backwards compatibility with PS4 and that's a big nono on my end.
If it makes you feel any better about the bingo thing...

You sunk my battleship!

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

You're definitely underestimating what a big deal Spiderman and Horizon zero Dawn 2 are. And my gosh, the twist with resident evil they spoiled is going to cause more waves then either of those. This was just non stop hype announcement after hype announcement. I guess it's a matter of opinion but it gets a 10/10 from me.

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
You're definitely underestimating what a big deal Spiderman and Horizon zero Dawn 2 are. And my gosh, the twist with resident evil they spoiled is going to cause more waves then either of those. This was just non stop hype announcement after hype announcement. I guess it's a matter of opinion but it gets a 10/10 from me.
I agree - I nedz RE8 in mah life - i need to play it - dissect it - find every clue or possible hint about everything - read about this village - how are they connected to Spencer. Is wesker alive - you know the those sorts of questions. lol

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
I'm in a similar boat. I tend to buy Playstation consoles very late, and end up only getting 4 or 5 games for them. Most of these games don't interest me at all. I'm mostly happy for my friends who are fans of the series (Ratchet and Clank, Resident Evil especially).

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

You don't gotta like all video games to like video games at all. PlayStation caters to a very different audience than Nintendo does. It's perfectly fine to just like one or the other.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
That ps5 event was MEDIOCRE. capcom space game looked cool.
resident evil too. Spidey 2 seemed interesting and demons souls. that ash cloud game seemed interesting.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Now, with the PS5 presentation well and done, all we have to do is wait at least a week or so more hopefully before we get the long awaited answers for FP6 and hopefully FP7 at bare minimum

T2by4

Smash Lord
So what?! A new Banjo-Kazooie game wasn't shown at Microsoft's conference last year and yet the bear and bird still got into Smash. This doesn't effect Crash's chances whatsoever.
That was my point ya doofus, this ENHANCED Crash's chances. Why is there new crash merch, just like banjo got, and yet he wasnt shown in the PS5 event? People see him as the mascot of the playstation, so why was there no mention of him. I'm just saying, the patterns are there.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Now, with the PS5 presentation well and done, all we have to do is wait at least a week or so more hopefully before we get the long awaited answers for FP6 and hopefully FP7 at bare minimum
Maybe not even that long. I could easily see it being as soon as Tuesday.

Firox

Smash Master
You don't gotta like all video games to like video games at all. PlayStation caters to a very different audience than Nintendo does. It's perfectly fine to just like one or the other.
Different audiences is right. Nintendo likes family/kid oriented couch co-op games, typically focusing on action/adventure, JRPGs, Kart racing and especially platformers. Meanwhile, Sony caters mostly to single guys between the ages of 12-40 with an emphasis on cinematic heavy adventure games, FPS and sports. Then you have Microsoft which is basically like Sony but with an especially serious hard-on for FPS.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That was my point ya doofus. Why is there new crash merch, just like banjo got, and yet he wasnt shown in the PS5 event? People see him as the mascot of the playstation, so why was there no mention of him. I'm just saying, the patterns are there.
I thought you were implying that his chances were lower because of him receiving no new game. My bad than.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
No Crash game seen despite recent merchandise.

-Flashback to one year ago-

No Banjo game seen despite recent merchandise.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
My main question is why is the new merch pirate themed if it's just Crash in Smash and no new game? Is it possible Activision is letting Nintendo announce it instead of Sony (assuming it's coming to Switch) maybe as a tie in with smash?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well Shantae has been getting a lot of merchandise lately despite her really getting none at all in the past 18 years so maybe she is in. We really can't rely on merchandise all the time on a character's potential inclusion.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well Shantae has been getting a lot of merchandise lately despite her really getting none at all in the past 18 years so maybe she is in. We really can't rely on merchandise all the time on a character's potential inclusion.
and ammy got that super cool figurine lately so by that logic, Ammy might be coming to smash as well

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
True, just pointing out how the crazy timing of both.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
My main question is why is the new merch pirate themed if it's just Crash in Smash and no new game? Is it possible Activision is letting Nintendo announce it instead of Sony (assuming it's coming to Switch) maybe as a tie in with smash?
https://twitter.com/ViewerAnon/status/1270905214770413571?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1270905214770413571&ref_url=https://smashboards.com/threads/the-bandicoot-returns-crashs-nitro-fueled-smash-thread.446452/page-80

Looks like it might still get revealed soon. I will die if both Crash and Geno get revealed this month.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
But I don't even like over half of Nintendo's selection anymore either. Every time I see new stuff, I'm like "not my genres", "not my thing", or "oh good, they ruined something else I like (such as PM)", so I don't even know anymore. I'm still enjoying both old and new games, currently enjoying Terraria (finishing up though as I'm running out of stuff) and Monster Train (basically Slay the Spire 2, and it's still enjoyable to me), but I just... idk. The direction most games are taking just isn't enjoyable to me anymore.

Also regarding Crash, the fact that he didn't get a new game yet just increases his chances. Really thinking 7 is Geno and 8 is Crash right now and both will be shown at the reveal event.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Could be saved for Nintendo. Definitely a new game with the pirate theme stuff. Xbox's game announcements are scheduled for July. I don't see it being then. I believe Microsoft stated they would be focusing on first party only then.

Either way, I hope to see Crash soon. Just waiting on Nintendo for this ARMS character. After that? So much excitement! Geno? Crash? Who else could it be? I don't see Chief coming anytime soon(if at all) but Halo Infinite will be shown in July. Maybe MCC to Switch then?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Could be saved for Nintendo. Definitely a new game with the pirate theme stuff. Xbox's game announcements are scheduled for July. I don't see it being then. I believe Microsoft stated they would be focusing on first party only then.

Either way, I hope to see Crash soon. Just waiting on Nintendo for this ARMS character. After that? So much excitement! Geno? Crash? Who else could it be? I don't see Chief coming anytime soon(if at all) but Halo Infinite will be shown in July. Maybe MCC to Switch then?
I think Chief is a lock for Smash if the Master Chief Collection comes to the Switch. It would be stupid of Nintendo not to try to get him in if they managed to get Halo games on the Switch.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
But I don't even like over half of Nintendo's selection anymore either. Every time I see new stuff, I'm like "not my genres", "not my thing", or "oh good, they ruined something else I like (such as PM)", so I don't even know anymore. I'm still enjoying both old and new games, currently enjoying Terraria (finishing up though as I'm running out of stuff) and Monster Train (basically Slay the Spire 2, and it's still enjoyable to me), but I just... idk. The direction most games are taking just isn't enjoyable to me anymore.

Also regarding Crash, the fact that he didn't get a new game yet just increases his chances. Really thinking 7 is Geno and 8 is Crash right now and both will be shown at the reveal event.
I kinda get what you mean. Games don't pack the same punch they used to for me. I was really enjoying Ni No Kuni on the switch until I read that the second one didn't have familiars at all and it just killed my interest in the series right then and there. I guess we should just follow Liberty Mutual's advice "only pay for what you need". It doesn't help that so many modern games seem to put a majority of their budgets into creating waifus (or in Nintendo's case "innovations" dreamt up by a complete doofus) opposed to meaningful content. Modern video games are just too often the video game equivalent of pyrite looking great on the outside but once you buy it and try to use it you just feel like an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom