• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
It's possible Crash was meant to #8 too, we can't discount that possibility still. Until we see FP7 revealed, we can't rule out that possibility.
Oh baby! A triple reveal!!!! :4pacman:That could be true, but we shall see what happens.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I am 99% confident that the ARMS showcase will be next week. I know I was pretty confident of the reveal being this week, but with all the leaks and rumors that have been cropping up to suggest who the ARMS character is and the fact that CP7 is third-party, then I am sure we are in for some news very soon.

Firox

Smash Master
Arms > Geno > Crash > Lloyd/Heihachi > Travis Touchdown > Master Chief.
I would absolutely LOVE this timeline! Geno, Travis and MC for the win!

Truth is, Sakurai can and will do whatever the hell he wants with regards to adding a new ARMS character(s) so I don’t see a point in continuing to argue about this going into another day. The man ****s on precedent and has similar characters as semi-clones, echoes, and alt costumes, usually whatever he feels like at the time.
The true moral of the story. At the end of the day, Sakurai is the god of Smash and his will be done.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'd be shocked if we didn't get the reveal(s) next week. It doesn't make sense to keep all this info secret for so long when the fighter pass has been on sale for almost 5 months

Firox

Smash Master
I'd be shocked pissed if we didn't get the reveal(s) next week. It doesn't make sense to keep all this info secret for so long when the fighter pass has been on sale for almost 5 months
Fixed it for you. :pimp:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Oh baby! A triple reveal!!!! :4pacman:That could be true, but we shall see what happens.
Optimistic fans: 'Maybe we can get 3 reveals!'

Realistic opinion: 'We'll get character 6, maaaaaaybe character 7.'

Cynical opinion slowly turning into majority opinion because of Nintendo wishy-washiness: 'Geez, think we will even get character 6 this year?'

zferolie

Smash Hero
So Arms > Geno > Crash > Lloyd/Heihachi > Travis Touchdown > Master Chief. That's my final prediction. Until next week, probably.
Meh. I would not be happy at all with that. All males, other then maybe the arms rep. Master chief is cool but boring and i doubt we are getting any other microsoft rep. While i like tales of i would want anyone other then lloyd, and no please not heihatchi ever please. Travis would be cool.

But really the only 2 i have on my list are crash and geno.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I honestly perceive this point as flawed, the ARMS community is totally fine with alts, but Smash fans that are also ARMS fans are the ones that don't like the idea IF their character has a legit chance (Min min fans, Springman fans, Max Brass fans, Ribbon Girl fans, Dr. Coyle fans, etc.) because the fans of least likely characters don`t even care about accuracy, if i say i want Mechanica nobody will take me seriously anyway.

Also there is no way Nintendo teased Springman, they don't care enough to make a big deal about a promotion.
First of all source? Because that is not what I've seen. Second, even if that's true, who cares what people who don't even like smash want to see get in. The people who should be most listened to are the people who like both smash and the character who's getting in.

Also I agree about Springman. Nintendo doesn't give a flying **** about our fan rules, so that definitely wouldn't be the reason for the mystery.

herpderp06

Smash Rookie
This, if we dont get a solo female slot ill be a bit dissapointed. Arle, reimu, just give us a female at this point.
Meh. I would not be happy at all with that. All males, other then maybe the arms rep. Master chief is cool but boring and i doubt we are getting any other microsoft rep. While i like tales of i would want anyone other then lloyd, and no please not heihatchi ever please. Travis would be cool.

cool6012

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cool6012
3DS FC
5455-9651-7560
Meh. I would not be happy at all with that. All males, other then maybe the arms rep. Master chief is cool but boring and i doubt we are getting any other microsoft rep.
I want diverse fighters as much as the next guy, but imo to write off a pass just because they're all Male is a little silly. There's literally not a single black character in smash and while I do wish there were more, I'm also not gonna lose sleep over it. Also how the heck is Master Chief of all people boring?

D

Deleted member

Hey, for my Geno Friends here who will see the PS5 event tonight I want them to do a favour for me.

I likely won't be available to watch It live so if they reveal Skate 4 or a new Ratchet & Clank/Jak/Sly Cooper game please tag me.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Personally, I REALLY doubt we are getting a triple reveal. FP Volume 2 is scheduled to come to a close by the end of 2021 and already revealing half of the Fighters Pass feels like it would be done WAY sooner then that. I think they are gonna space these reveals out and seeing as how they haven't revealed who this ARMS rep is, it makes me think that Sakurai is gonna go in deep about this ARMS rep and then reveal CP7. I just don't think its time for CP8 yet

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So...if Crash is indeed revealed to be fighter 7, would that kind of help the claims of whoever it was to say that Crash was 6? You know, since NO ONE hears about Nintendo characters. Going off of the 'since I heard Crash is happening, he must be next' mentality.
I don't think he'd be 7. He'd likely be 8; why?

-Except for E3 2013, if a new company is joining Smash, it's the last one announced. I've been talking about it since January but character reveals at E3 typically go: character previously teased, Nintendo owned, third party already in Smash, and then totally new to Smash.

-2006: Metaknight, Pit, ZSS, and Wario then Snake.

2013- Villager then Megaman then Wii Fit.

2014- Miis then Palutena then Pac-Man.

2015- Lucas then Roy then Ryu (liscensed under Capcom USA)

2018- Inkling then Daisy then Ridley

2019- Hero then Banjo

This said, we're probably going to have one of the following models:

-ARMS, Crash (2 reveals)

-ARMS, character from "old" third party, Crash (3 reveals)

-ARMS, Nintendo, character from "old" third party, Crash (4 reveals)

MattX20

Smash Hero
Again, I just want the first two reveals done before July. It's baffling how they marketed the first Fighter Pass so well by having Joker revealed just a little over a month after the reveal of the first fighter pass, only for now the second one has been out for almost 5 months and not even one is fully revealed yet.

Heoj

Smash Ace

From this list, ARMS(assuming its min-min), geno and Travis are the ones id actively lose my marbles over. Lloyd would be cool but i might honestly prefer velvet for a tales of rep and crash and master chief are pretty much meh/neutral for me. And heihachi would make it difficult for me to stay awake honestly.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Aight, place your bets now folks! If Arms character is a spirit, Geno will still be deconfirmed because:
a) Sakurai said Arms was a "special request" so we're not allowed to use them in spirit speculation because reasons (This one is already being used, so expect less of a payout if you're right)
b) Arms is first party spirits so those are allowed, but 3rd party spirits (like Geno) are still deconfirmed because reasons
c) The Arms character(s) will have slightly updated designs from their original ones in Amrs, meaning it's technically not the same as the spirit they had meaning a spirit was never upgraded, meaning spirits deconfirm because reaons
d) I really really really really don't want Dumb Blue Puppet in this game so spirits are still deconfirmed after this because, say it with me now, reasons

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Personally, I REALLY doubt we are getting a triple reveal. FP Volume 2 is scheduled to come to a close by the end of 2021 and already revealing half of the Fighters Pass feels like it would be done WAY sooner then that. I think they are gonna space these reveals out and seeing as how they haven't revealed who this ARMS rep is, it makes me think that Sakurai is gonna go in deep about this ARMS rep and then reveal CP7. I just don't think its time for CP8 yet
Sakurai also delayed CP6 because of gameplay factors.

We don't have a great chance of even seeing CP7 yet. I'm thinking closer to July for 7. 8 I'd guess maybe September at the earliest. Especially as they plan to have these be around for nearly 2 years. And with Sakurai's statements being how "final" the six characters are, it being spread out is logical.

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman

That’s completely understandable. My ideal FP roster, including Arms would involve Elma and potentially Tracer if Blizzard didn’t screw up their image.

I also prefer Lloyd over Heihachi, but even then he’s not my preferred Tales rep—Sakurai just sees him as the de facto Tales icon, and would go with him even though Yuri’s more popular.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I don't think he'd be 7. He'd likely be 8; why?

-Except for E3 2013, if a new company is joining Smash, it's the last one announced. I've been talking about it since January but character reveals at E3 typically go: character previously teased, Nintendo owned, third party already in Smash, and then totally new to Smash.

-2006: Metaknight, Pit, ZSS, and Wario then Snake.

2013- Villager then Megaman then Wii Fit.

2014- Miis then Palutena then Pac-Man.

2015- Lucas then Roy then Ryu (liscensed under Capcom USA)

2018- Inkling then Daisy then Ridley

2019- Hero then Banjo

This said, we're probably going to have one of the following models:

-ARMS, Crash (2 reveals)

-ARMS, character from "old" third party, Crash (3 reveals)

-ARMS, Nintendo, character from "old" third party, Crash (4 reveals)
So looking at this...2019 is the only one that is drastically different from the others. Both being 3rd party, but still ending with a 3rd party. In your scenarios, 3 or 4 reveals would benefit Crash being fighter 8. What if there is another 3rd party that could take the 8 spot and it would still follow the flow of ending with a 3rd party?
I swear if we see a triple with ARMS, Crash and Geno, the internet would explode.

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
I'd be shocked if we didn't get the reveal(s) next week. It doesn't make sense to keep all this info secret for so long when the fighter pass has been on sale for almost 5 months
Im holding off till 2 reveals happen for the fighters pass #2 . Before i purchase it. I wonder if Nintendo HQ is looking at the FP2 and saying hmmm........ its not selling...... lol Maybe its sold alot already - i wish there is a way to find out. lol

Firox

Smash Master
Aight, place your bets now folks! If Arms character is a spirit, Geno will still be deconfirmed because:
a) Sakurai said Arms was a "special request" so we're not allowed to use them in spirit speculation because reasons (This one is already being used, so expect less of a payout if you're right)
b) Arms is first party spirits so those are allowed, but 3rd party spirits (like Geno) are still deconfirmed because reasons
c) The Arms character(s) will have slightly updated designs from their original ones in Amrs, meaning it's technically not the same as the spirit they had meaning a spirit was never upgraded, meaning spirits deconfirm because reaons
d) I really really really really don't want Dumb Blue Puppet in this game so spirits are still deconfirmed after this because, say it with me now, reasons
I'm putting my money on option D. Most detractors don't need things like logic and reason to deconfirm Geno. They just don't want him in regardless of their method of gatekeeping.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Also there is no way Nintendo teased Springman, they don't care enough to make a big deal about a promotion.
Idk, it can still be Spring Man and neither they nor Sakurai mention anything about him being a promotion. I’m pretty sure what they did was for marketing reasons. Though I think Nintendo and Sakurai could possibly mention the promotion since I’m pretty sure they pay more attention to fans than people give them credit for.

Plus, they could’ve revealed whoever it was then and there anyway. There’s no reason for the tease they did besides marketing or if they weren’t quite ready but wanted something announced at least. No reason for them to deny doing the tease just because it’s Spring Man.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So looking at this...2019 is the only one that is drastically different from the others. Both being 3rd party, but still ending with a 3rd party. In your scenarios, 3 or 4 reveals would benefit Crash being fighter 8. What if there is another 3rd party that could take the 8 spot and it would still follow the flow of ending with a 3rd party?
I swear if we see a triple with ARMS, Crash and Geno, the internet would explode.
Based on past precedent, 3 is the most likely outcome; why?

-A reveal was teased beforehand (2015, 2018)

-The first character is already confirmed to be Nintendo (all except 2019)

-If a brand new third party company is introduced, it's typically accompanied by at least two Nintendo characters (all except 2019).

Now, as you pointed out, last year was the first E3 with two third party characters, one "old" and one new. The old one came first and then new. In all the previous E3s, new third parties were always the last reveal. Now, let's extend this thought...

6 was originally supposed to be announced in April but wasn't. What does this tell us? This heavily implies that, at the very least, E3 2020 was originally planned to be one old third party and one new third. Now 6 (and possibly more) is being combined into what would have been the E3 presentation, presenting yet another model that heavily suggests that E3 2020 will be 3 reveals.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They clearly just wanted to give ARMS more attention, making a guessing game super logical. Sakurai confirmed the character was delayed due to gameplay reasons. That means they had a previous date beforehand.

It can easily be Spring Man. They didn't tease it "just to go with the boring pick". They teased it to get ARMS more attention. It's not really that weird.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I pick all of the above because knowing the Smash community, they will always move the goalpost and try to find as much straws to grab as they possibly can, because y'know, reasons

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
As I reminisce yet again on more Banjo & Kazooie reveal reactions, I noted that, for this year's would-be E3 Smash reveals, they'd have to try their HARDEST to surpass the cathartic moment that was such a reveal. I cried, others cried, of joy. Of seeing something that for years had thought to have been impossible, was made possible on that day. True that with the potential upcoming reveals, Crash getting into Smash would be hype, but it would still not (imo) deliver the same impact Banjo & Kazooie did (to move fans to tears of joy). However, coincidentally enough, Geno feels like he could bring in the waterworks. With a masterful CG trailer showing is triumphant arrival into the Smash roster, that would truly be yet another key moment. Don't get me wrong; Crash's reveal in addition to it would simply send the hype levels into galactic overdrive. :shades:

link2702

Smash Champion
annnnnd my nintendo online sub has expired.

here's hoping Nintendo reveals Geno and buffs ganondorf so I actually have a reason to sub again. I didn't use the online for anything but smash, and considering that it's still extremely lousy compared to what the wii u offered(and even wii and 3DS) but now we're forced to pay for it, I just didn't feel that it's worth resubbing again, even if it's extremely "cheap." I'd keep it if Geno was in the game cuz he's literally the character I've waited for over a decade for, so I'd force myself to stay subbed even though it's a rip-off. But other than that, and with all the games netcode still laughably bad, I just don't see the value in spending any money on it anymore.

Something that is inferior to past services but now you're forced to pay for, is not something....actually worth paying for.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I want diverse fighters as much as the next guy, but imo to write off a pass just because they're all Male is a little silly. There's literally not a single black character in smash and while I do wish there were more, I'm also not gonna lose sleep over it. Also how the heck is Master Chief of all people boring?
The lack of females is only part. Hiehatchi is the only person i say would be super boreing. Twrry ryu and ken are unique foghters but all heihatchi does is punch kick and throw. He brings nothing new. Masyer chief i love, bit if any fps should get in its dopmguy, if only due to beong the grandaddy of all fps, just like hero is the grandaddy of jrpgs.

From this list, ARMS(assuming its min-min), geno and Travis are the ones id actively lose my marbles over. Lloyd would be cool but i might honestly prefer velvet for a tales of rep and crash and master chief are pretty much meh/neutral for me. And heihachi would make it difficult for me to stay awake honestly.
I nevwr got to play no more heroes but travis would be fun but not wend me to hype. Masyer chief as i said above i wouldnt mind but i think doomguy is a better pick. Crash would be hype especially of coco is an alt and we could have the 90s rivalry in 1 game(mario, sonic, and crash). I would vastely prefer Velvet over lloyd too, and like i saod i would fall asleep for heihatchi.

That’s completely understandable. My ideal FP roster, including Arms would involve Elma and potentially Tracer if Blizzard didn’t screw up their image.

I also prefer Lloyd over Heihachi, but even then he’s not my preferred Tales rep—Sakurai just sees him as the de facto Tales icon, and would go with him even though Yuri’s more popular.
Mu ideal fights pass is this:

Twintelle/MinMin, Crash with coco alt. Geno, rex and pyra, shantae, and Reimu/Rayman.

For a tales rep i would prefer Velvet myself, but if Lloyd had to get in i would hope Collette came with him to be a very unique duo character

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Whoever said that anyone would be raiding discords? I'm sure, like you said, that fans will generally be content with whatever they get. I'm just offering some reasoning as to what Sakurai may decide to do. It's important to note that even if Sakurai decides to cram multiple characters into one, stating that they'll end up a "soulless husk" is just a pessimistic assumption. As I said before, you don't know how much extra effort he could put in. He could add a TON of personalized animations and victory poses to bring out more of their "soul" and individuality. Let's just see how things play out before we condemn the outcome.
This is fair. While I would still prefer them to have their unique abilities, it's still possible Sakurai will give them enough aesthetic difference in taunts, animations, etc that they could be echoes and just make them alts anyway because **** precedent Sakurai does what he wants. I don't see this as super likely, but I would be more or less okay with it.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Well, they tweeted about Origami King again... With like, no new information in it.

For a game that's coming out in a month we barely even know a thing about it, let alone its battle system.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Well, they tweeted about Origami King again... With like, no new information in it.

For a game that's coming out in a month we barely even know a thing about it, let alone its battle system.
Yeah, I just saw. Wow Nintendo good job reposting 5 seconds of the last trailer. That's exactly what you needed to sell people on the game.

Firox

Smash Master
Nintendo Exec 1: "Man, we've been selling Switches like hotcakes thanks to everyone being stuck at home. I'd bet we could make mountains of cash without having to do ANYTHING now. We could just sit on our asses and sip lattes all day and people would STILL lap up our merch, hook, line and sinker!"

Nintendo Exec 2: "I'll take that bet. How about we retweet nothing but garbage for 6 months and see if we can still turn a profit?"

Nintendo Exec 1: "YOU'RE ON!" (smirks at posters of SwSh and Paper Mario Origami King hanging on the wall)

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I know this may be unlikely, but about the two private videos on the playlist someone mentioned; do you think one of them may be a Direct? I mean, contrary to the leakers' words, if I recall correctly, nothing has been shadowdropped since the Paper Mario reveal, and nothing has been shadowdropped today. I mean, with that, maybe...just maybe (on the Direct)...

zferolie

Smash Hero
I know this may be unlikely, but about the two private videos on the playlist someone mentioned; do you think one of them may be a Direct? I mean, contrary to the leakers' words, if I recall correctly, nothing has been shadowdropped since the Paper Mario reveal, and nothing has been shadowdropped today. I mean, with that, maybe...just maybe (on the Direct)...
Nintendo has been telling its partners not to expect directs to recive news till after september, so i doubt we are getting any directs. Wouldnt be against a surprise direct though

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Nintendo has been telling its partners not to expect directs to recive news till after september, so i doubt we are getting any directs. Wouldnt be against a surprise direct though
Well, I did not know about the first part you said, and even before then, that was just a thought. Hence, why I said "this may be unlikely", in case that was missed. Not by you, but anyone else.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
The Smash Ultimate Online Open has now been rescheduled to June 13th and June 14th.

MattX20

Smash Hero
The Smash Ultimate Online Open has now been rescheduled to June 13th and June 14th.
Well, we'll just have to keep our eyes peeled throughout the next week

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Awesome! This tournament not being rescheduled was my last hold up on on smash news coming out. Now that's it's back on I'm confident CP6 and 7 news is imminent. Next week for sure! To be honest I'm okay with the wait. Just 6 months ago I was suicidal in here and ya'll put everything on hold to help me, but now everything is once again good in my life and smash news can come whenever because all the good things in my life are keeping me occupied.

This ended up being super far from what I originally intended to post, but seriously ya'll are amazing and I'll never forget what you did for me.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
... Next week it is then... Definitely supports that Nintendo held off on things because Sony was meant to announce certain things first. Something something Smash is a hype blackhole something something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom