• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
The ongoing theory is that Nintendo slammed on the brakes because Prime 4's development was going about as well trying to quietly get a baby grand piano down a flight of stairs and they wanted the trilogy to be a precursor. Now that we have the new Metroid rumors, there's the prospect that Nintendo simply repurposed it to hype up the obvious upcoming Metroid X Buzz Light-year of Star Command game instead, seeing how Prime 4's development is apparently still an ongoing rollercoaster of **** and probably going to flat out miss 2020.
I gotta be honest, you're the only person I've seen saying this about Metroid Prime 4 I'm not sure I totally believe it. Do you have sources that work at retro? Is this like a legit leak? Because I'm not really sure how you could know this, and as far as I know, you haven't ever actually leaked stuff before, just speculated.

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
Nintendo has a policy of announcing games at least 4 weeks before they are released, knowing that I doubt that leak is real
i believe Nate Drake recently said that the leak was somewhat real. Just the date was wrong, but possibly might be getting some news in regards to MPT around June 19. It’s a few pages back.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Guys I just got a word from a Nintendo insider and they told me that the Smash Team tried to make a spirit to a playable fighter and their Nintendo Switch exploded, guess we lost :(
literally this is how detractors sound, they feel that a promotion is the end of the world, that it is because all the doors are open except for the 4th parties and characters with suggestive designs

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Guys I just got a word from a Nintendo insider and they told me that the Smash Team tried to make a spirit to a playable fighter and their Nintendo Switch exploded, guess we lost :(
Awesome - Strong Bad finally made it into Smash Bros.!

...I know he's not a spirit, but this bit from the trailer was the first thing that came to my mind.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Crash yes, Rayman maybe? Geno would for us boomers but not for the new kids (who have honestly gotten plenty). MC for sure but I highly doubt he's coming in the first half (or even at all). Steve/Fortnite/LoL/etc new hit sensation of the decade would make the zoomers go mental. Sora would make everyone but me crap their pants.

I feel like even Dante wouldn't have that same effect. He feels more like a mid-tier character to me more than a high-tier like Crash, Sora, or Geno.
I feel like Dante is high tier. If he's not I'm not sure who could pack the punch you're talking about. I'd say Sora, Master Chief, Rayman, Crash, a Sony rep (Ratchet & Clank is my preference but let's be honest Kratos is the one who would make people feed their wallets to Nintendo), and that's probably about it. Steve is probably too controversial unfortunately and most other characters are Dante-tier or lower. I don't even care about Dante honestly but I'm not going to pretend like he wouldn't be a big deal.

A fan rule is getting broken no matter what. Either no upgrades rule is getting broken or no side characters/antagonists first rule is getting broken. The ARMs rep is going to have implications for the rest of the pass either way.
I think this is very likely. My main concern is that Max Brass honestly does seem like a sort of main character too even if he's not the mascot. He's the last fight in every campaign run as far as I could tell and actually has a title and purpose in the game even if he's lame.

Curse words! Again?!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Almost like you can't measure it, which is what I've been saying from the beginning.

Again, I was only talking about in the West. Without even looking it up, I'm sure Hero was a massive deal in the East considering how big DQ is over there.

Because there's no one else to put an attachment to besides Alex. A Creeper isn't going to be playable.

Story Mode isn't Minecraft, it's a spin-off that isn't remotely close to the same popularity as Minecraft. If he got in, I'd assume Alex would get 1 or 2 alts with most of them going to the base costumes (like the Tuxedo Mask Steve, Kilt Steve, etc. wouldn't be surprised if a Creeper Steve would be a playable alt too).

That just honestly surprises me, and I never said I dislike him, just that there's nothing to him. If there was a character, in Minecraft (NOT a spin-off/outside sources like books or movies), that had personality and characteristics, I'd guarantee you they'd become the fan-favorite, in the same way Isabelle from Animal Crossing, being introduced in the 4th game (5th~6th in the East) got in before Tom Nook who has been there since the beginning, and she's barely in the newest one (daily announcements and stuff you rarely mess with), but people really liked her, so she usurped Nook who absolutely would have been next if Isabelle didn't exist. That's the kind of stuff I'm talking about with regards to Steve, except Nook actually does have a personality.

Which is totally fine and again, honestly shocked people really care about Steve when it's a fact that he's among the blankest, blandest, most boring characters because there's nothing to him, which still makes me question where the attachment is coming from other than "it's an attachment to Minecraft and he's who you play as". There's nothing wrong with that, nor liking Steve, I just still think the attachment is behind Minecraft. FTR: by no means am I saying he (and Alex) don't deserve a playable spot in Smash.

Overall, you can't really and that's my original point.

Literally why? Octolings with a different moveset? Meh, they should have just been alts of Inkling in base. Unless we're getting a Splatoon 3 reveal this year and a new character/species is going to be a thing in that game, I do not see a new Splatoon rep coming anytime soon.
I think it’s because a lot of people don’t care if the character has personality when they start to like them, they may see ‘em and what they can do and think “they’re cool!”, though people would like to see Steve be used in more stuff instead of random new characters and be given more personality even if he were a silent character, I think.

There’s at least the Lego Club magazine once mentioning “Steve is Alex’s boyfriend. Steve is a builder, miner, and alchemist, while Alex is a builder, hunter and explorer” (tbh not 100% sure if this is official but based on how the characters are used in art and merch it kinda feels like it (though Steve and Alex appear to be pushed more as friends), and you’d think they’d need Mojang’s approval to put that stuff in there; it’s also on the wiki), and he does appear to have personality in some animations and art he’s used in, but y’know. He was the main character in the 2011 Minecon trailer at least, and has appeared as a playable character in Super Meat Boy and one or two other games...

But, yeah, idk, people like me like him and don’t want him replaced and forgotten, even if we may like other characters they think of on their own. I guess it’s like loving a toy with no previous identity even when you get older - though at least Steve has identity. I guess our brains automatically form more personality for them based on how their world is and what you do in their position - which I assume people likely did for Link, Mario, and others on the NES and Gameboy.

Technically, you can also gather a bit about him just based on Minecraft’s world itself; Steve may not talk or anything, nor Alex, but they appear to be the last humans alive in the main game. It may be because he’s basically synonymous with Minecraft like Mario is Nintendo, being Mr. Minecraft himself, and people automatically like him for that, design, and other stuff I’ve said, and feel similar about Alex but want Steve as the lead (Steve has existed for longer than Alex, too...), but I don’t think any of these reasons are not very good or are surprising.

But I get it, he has an identity and a few stuff about him but is still kinda behind Mario, Link, Ninten etc. even with it and the old hurt sound...I guess...tbh not really that bad imo except they took out the old hurt sound and any Minecraft main game lore you find is based on assumption about things and a few things said in books focused on the main game and whatever very little stuff said by devs and whoever, so yeah. People are still attached to him though, with some Mojang members themselves liking him as well and a lot of people wanting to use his skin in Dungeons.

I’ll end it here though. I just had an issue with the “few care about him specifically” assumption, which based on all I’ve seen even outside of Smash-related stuff, isn’t true.You’re not the first to make the assumption, but I’m happy you’re cool about it unlike another dude in the past who said “no one cares about Steve” and even seemed to ignore/not read what I said since he stated the assumption, with the same points I already disproved, a second time, and he seemed like someone who didn’t spend much time around the Minecraft community at all, and was kinda rude regarding Steve iirc...

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I think this is very likely. My main concern is that Max Brass honestly does seem like a sort of main character too even if he's not the mascot. He's the last fight in every campaign run as far as I could tell and actually has a title and purpose in the game even if he's lame.
My only issue on Max Brass (and this applies to every ARMS fighter, even Twintelle, Ninjara and Min Min, despite their popularity) is that it's going to feel so weird and out-of-place if Spring Man and/or Ribbon Girl isn't the playable fighter in some shape or form. If they aren't playable, this is a completely new horizon for whether a side character can get in before a series's main character/s and although many have pointed out that they wanted to put Heihachi in before Jin as a Tekken rep in the past, ARMS just feels different because none of the characters have the long-standing place in their series like Heihachi does for Tekken because ARMS is so recent. Even someone like just Ninjara or Min Min feels kind of wrong, despite how popular they are.
I'm not saying it can't happen but I'm willing to bet that, kind of like Fatman said, Fighter 6 has to have a secret if Fighter 7 isn't a big deal. Maybe that secret is Springman's assist being replaced by Springtron? Maybe it's a Hero scenario with very similarly structured characters body shape wise that have relatively similar playstyles (they all shoot their arms out and while it wouldn't be fair to each individual character, they could easily composite them together, kind of like how they handled Ness and Lucas despite most of their moves not being their own). Either way, June is soon, so let's get this show on the road.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
This is why either 6 has something secret to it that's going to make people flip their **** or 7 or 8 is a really big deal that will effortlessly make up for the 6 months of lost time.
This is why I'm such a believer in the "Multi-character in one slot theory" If it was just Springman or Ribbon Girl they wouldn't be making us play a guessing game over who it's going to be.

The one detraction I hear against is that it "wouldn't represent ARMS very well", to which I say that Fire Emblem is about more than just swords and it took them eight tries to get the weapon triangle represented in Byleth

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I feel like Dante is high tier. If he's not I'm not sure who could pack the punch you're talking about.---I don't even care about Dante honestly but I'm not going to pretend like he wouldn't be a big deal.
He's like the highest-level of mid-tier. He is a big deal, but he's not nearly as big as ones like MC, Sora, etc even Crash at this point I feel. Geno's not a big character, he's just big to Smash people.

He's the 6th most likely to me, just after all 5 of the spirits. Anyone after him is "obvious shill", while he would be seen more positively, but many of us would be terribly disappointed since he'd be picked because he dodges promotions (and obviously this is if he'd be a solo fighter, not a Hero/Jr.-style).

But, yeah, idk, people like me like him and don’t want him replaced and forgotten, even if we may like other characters they think of on their own.
Oh no, it's way too late for that now. Sorry I'm such trash-tier with words and getting my point across; stuff makes a lot more sense in my head and comes out as diarrhea when I type it, haha. I meant that if Steve being himself like now, came along with a much more interesting character, or if a Minecraft 2 made a much more interesting character and left Steve as is (similar to Isabelle and Nook), that other character would have taken over as a better defacto mascot. You can't just shove a new character in the same game (and not even a new installment), it wouldn't work with a game like Minecraft.

Anyway we could go on and on about Steve/Minecraft, but this is the Geno thread and we've done this off-topic tangent more than enough. It's cool that there are people who like Steve, and I absolutely see the appeal of a "playable Minecraft character" (who would obviously be Steve at this point), and I definitely wasn't denying or hating on the character.

My only issue on Max Brass (and this applies to every ARMS fighter, even Twintelle, Ninjara and Min Min, despite their popularity) is that it's going to feel so weird and out-of-place if Spring Man and/or Ribbon Girl isn't the playable fighter in some shape or form. If they aren't playable, this is a completely new horizon for whether a side character can get in before a series's main character/s and although many have pointed out that they wanted to put Heihachi in before Jin as a Tekken rep in the past, ARMS just feels different because none of the characters have the long-standing place in their series like Heihachi does for Tekken because ARMS is so recent. Even someone like just Ninjara or Min Min feels kind of wrong, despite how popular they are.
I'm not saying it can't happen but I'm willing to bet that, kind of like Fatman said, Fighter 6 has to have a secret if Fighter 7 isn't a big deal. Maybe that secret is Springman's assist being replaced by Springtron? Maybe it's a Hero scenario with very similarly structured characters body shape wise that have relatively similar playstyles (they all shoot their arms out and while it wouldn't be fair to each individual character, they could easily composite them together, kind of like how they handled Ness and Lucas despite most of their moves not being their own). Either way, June is soon, so let's get this show on the road.
Which is why I really do think we're getting a Hero-style character, at the very least with SM+RG. Seeing a solo SM at this point would be such a middle finger and the whole speculation thing was pointless to begin with. Yeah, it's sweet we're getting a Spirit+Costume+AT promotion in one character, but to make it *the* most obvious character is such a boring and crappy thing to do. At absolute basic, I could see solo RG to still go with a mascot that swoops around the obvious choice (may also confirm ATs can't be promoted?), but I really do think an amalgamation character is what we're ending up with.

This is why I'm such a believer in the "Multi-character in one slot theory" If it was just Springman or Ribbon Girl they wouldn't be making us play a guessing game over who it's going to be.
Rip you got it in before me. At the same time though, Nintendo has been very "Nintendo-like" lately, so I could also see them doing the really dumb, boring, and obvious move of "GUESS WHO IT IS?! c:" and then going "LUL IT'S SPRINGY BOI!!!1! XD". If Nintendo will just put the brakes on being Nintendo for a bit though, yeah the Hero/Jr.-style character seems the most likely.

and it took them eight tries to get the weapon triangle represented in Byleth
Which is funny, considering the weapon triangle barely exists in 3H, just in the form of those passives some classes learn.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Even if Min Min or Springman is the Arms character, I'm sure Geno is still deconfirmed because they were 1st party spirits while Geno is a 3rd party Spirit and this community is predictable as all hell.
Even if Geno is DLC 7, he'll *still* be deconfirmed by detractors, because the character is "Geno" and not "♥♪!?", so there's just no winning that battle ever.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Even if Min Min or Springman is the Arms character, I'm sure Geno is still deconfirmed because they were 1st party spirits while Geno is a 3rd party Spirit and this community is predictable as all hell.
You joke, but its totally possible we get entirely 3rd party mii costumes with the ARMS character. How would you feel if Lloyd, Geno, Heihachi, and Monster Hunter show up with ARMS of all things.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I'll gladly give up my soul for Geno and take one for the team. I'm probably going to hell anyway, so why not cash in on that? Lol
Right, because you're a furry. Good thinking, man! :ultpacman:

"Okay listen, I know the just revealed Geno as a DLC fighter... but it's all a ruse. The rogue government hacked into the Nintendo HQ and photoshopped a picture of the Snufkin from the Moomin Valley, okay?! I can tell because of the pixels and having seen many a shop in my time."

You joke, but its totally possible we get entirely 3rd party mii costumes with the ARMS character. How would you feel if Lloyd, Geno, Heihachi, and Monster Hunter show up with ARMS of all things.
If it were Lloyd, Geno or Heihachi I would be disappointed. If it were the Monster Hunter costumes I wouldn't be too suprised given how every character sans Hero has brought back two older costumes with them.

RedMachine123

Smash Apprentice
"Min Min was an ace spirit and Geno is a legend spirit, only ace spirits can be fighters, so Geno is still deconfirmed."

the character is "Geno" and not "♥♪!?"
The detractors don't know that. They don't even know that Mallow is a SMRPG character too.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
The detractors don't know that. They don't even know that Mallow is a SMRPG character too.
That's sadly true lol. I saw a lot of people saying "Yeah , Geno's importance in SMRPG is overblowned" and then I ask them what was Mallow's role and they draw a blank lol.

Also , I already saw people saying "Yes , it could be a promoted Spring Man , but there was no music and stage in smash , so characters like Isaac are deconfirmed because there is GS music in Smash".

Heck , when Geno will be in Smash , he won't break the relevancy rule because "It's an exception , he was insanely popular , it's not going to happen again !".

It's better to not bother with people who keep making rules , because they don't realize that in the end... They are just observations that have yet to be broken. Sakurai never said "nope fam , sorry , not adding Bomberman as DLC , he's an AT." and even then , look at what Sakurai said about Ridley lmao.

But for real , in the end , I think it's simply more healthy to look at the straight positives and negatives , and not go into some heaby 4D Chess stuff (wich i was guilty of doing before). While I think some people can overestimate Geno's chances , some detractors can end up on some cosmic sillyness level by saying "Yeah , TerminalMontage video on Geno may have gotten 2 millions views , but if we do the Maths compared to the other videos , it's pathetic , therefore , Geno truly isn't that popular."

MattX20

Smash Hero
Geno's confirmation would be nice to see a good majority of these detractors get shut down

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Geno's confirmation would be nice to see a good majority of these detractors get shut down
Bold of you to assume they won't just claim they actually loved Geno the whole time and were just being "pessimistic" and then move on to hating Shantae or Rayman or something.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Christ that would be amazing, wouldn't it? It'd be Stevebros all over again.

Bold of you to assume they won't just claim they actually loved Geno the whole time and were just being "pessimistic" and then move on to hating Shantae or Rayman or something.
Mephiles the Dark wants to know your location. :ultpiranha:

link2702

Smash Champion
isn't someone here holding on to a list of several Geno naysayers so they can rub their noses n it or something? I feel like it was Malo iirc.

If they do go through with that, man I hope they also go after the big name gaming websites or youtube personalities who **** on Geno as well. I also want to see a video showing it, posted all over the place.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I gotta be honest, you're the only person I've seen saying this about Metroid Prime 4 I'm not sure I totally believe it. Do you have sources that work at retro? Is this like a legit leak? Because I'm not really sure how you could know this, and as far as I know, you haven't ever actually leaked stuff before, just speculated.
The person I got this from in the fall works closely with Nintendo and kind of went down a laundry list of supposed internal problems within Retro. Seems like it's basically going through the same thing that RARE went through in that there's a good number of management problems and a lot of the old guard has left for other companies. Pretty sure I've talked about this a bit in the past and even mentioned back in December how the chances of Prime 4 missing E3 or even 2020 were already perceived as really high.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
I think that Prime 4 will be one of the last Nintendo games that will be released on Switch before their succesor is out on the streets. Nintendo wants it to be a GOAT game (and maybe a +10 millon seller) and this is very difficult to make. They will give Retro Studios enough time to make it.

But before that we will get a new Metroid 2D and possible Prime Trilogy, so you will get (hopefully not so far) new Metroid ration.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
They will just go from "Geno will never get in" to "Geno shouldn't have gotten in".
I've seen this become more common towards Banjo. People have started calling him "cereal mascot" or "The most disappointing part of FP1" or "People didn't deserve him because I don't see enough people who main Banjo ;((((" Never see that treatment towards Ridley or K Rool though for some reason.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I've seen this become more common towards Banjo. People have started calling him "cereal mascot" or "The most disappointing part of FP1" or "People didn't deserve him because I don't see enough people who main Banjo ;((((" Never see that treatment towards Ridley or K Rool though for some reason.
Uncalled for frankly. Banjo's fun to play as and just because he's not a top tier pick doesn't mean he's terrible

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
That is just sad. As for the cereal mascot thing, the closest Banjo-Kazooie have ever been to that is when they were in some kind of Keebler cookie contest back in the 90s. But the duo are in no way cereal mascots of any kind.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
The person I got this from in the fall works closely with Nintendo and kind of went down a laundry list of supposed internal problems within Retro. Seems like it's basically going through the same thing that RARE went through in that there's a good number of management problems and a lot of the old guard has left for other companies. Pretty sure I've talked about this a bit in the past and even mentioned back in December how the chances of Prime 4 missing E3 or even 2020 were already perceived as really high.
So this does come from a direct source. Damn. I wasn't really expecting it this year anyway though.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
That is just sad. As for the cereal mascot thing, the closest Banjo-Kazooie have ever been to that is when they were in some kind of Keebler cookie contest back in the 90s. But the duo are in no way cereal mascots of any kind.
It's just people taking the "generic anime swordsman" thing and applying it to a cartoony animal character.

I don't really care what people say about him. He's in, and that's what matters. Hopefully the same will be the case for Geno.

QQS

Smash Lord
Last week of May Geno friends!

June/July (mostly June) will be a bomb I think in terms of:

-Mario remasters
-Prime Trilogy
-Metroid 2d new
-Prime 4 (trailer?)
-Breath 2(trailer?)
-DK 2d
-#76 and #77 for sure (maybe even #78!)
-Origami King
-SMRPG finally ported when Geno comes here.
-of course many more franchises and news

I have a feeling that these are our final weeks without Geno being officially announced yet. After that, it will be like: “hey, did you see why I never lose faith?” Like when Banjo-Kazooie joined. This will be the most epic addition in Smash history ever (I love Mega Man and he is my favorite also, but c’mon, Mega Man was always a top priority and he was joining somehow, cause he is a World Legend like Sonic so he was seeing the day eventually). Crash classifies here also for me. Hope he and Rayman join also! All world mascots in one game!

I mean this will be the most epic addition cause it will revive a 24 years character, who created bridges in that era between the companies, who started it all in the West, who started the RPG era in Mario, and in spite of only having one playable game; he still has the power to transcend in us. It’s unbelievable, also I think it will be of the LONGEST GAPS between a character-born until his addition in Smash.

For example:

Between the first Banjo-Kazooie for 64 (1998) and his addition in Smash (2019) you have 21 years. You can consider it 22 years counting that B-K was born in Diddy Kong Racing in 1997.

Between Mega Man first game on NES (1987) and his addition in Smash (2014) you have 27 years. He was announced on E3 2013 but playable in release (2014)

Between Geno first (and only playable game) on SNES (1996) and his potential addition in Smash (2020) you have 24 years.

Pac-Man 34 years between born-and Smash playable (1980-2014).

Game & Watch has 21 years between born-and Smash playable (1980-2001)

I know this is pointless cause Smash starts since N64 (1999). But I wanna say that Geno will be a beautiful revival of story and a character with a perfect moveset and design for Smash. Wanted for more than 2 decades. I guess only Crash, Sora or Isaac can stand face to face with him right now. In terms of big requests.

Anyway, hope to see all of our fan favorites and more. But my last wish in Smash (and general
In gaming) is Geno returning. I’m done with that. It will be the last (and most beautiful) cherry on the cake. My birthday is on July 4th so I hope I can play Geno before or until that day. Been wanting him since more than 2 decades also.

Geno flashes in!

Droodle

Smash Lord
I doubt that any SE DLC will come with any non-SE DLC.
Yeah, but that is pretty much just an inference. One that I agree with mind you, but its still a conclusion based on some extremely limited amount of information. No one has actually given me evidence stating that Square dislikes their content being paired with another company, other then "it hasn't happened yet, so it won't happen ever". They've already shown they are willing to add free content to Smash unrelated to any fighter announcements, with the Trials of Mana being added for free; is it really a outlandish idea that we could be getting Geno or Chocobo or both with ARMS? Unlikely, sure; but its not SUPER unlikely or anything. Obviously, if there is evidence; then I'll definitely except it.

Though I do still think that either Geno or Rayman are going to end up being 7; so I'm just suggesting a hypothetical scenario here. I just don't believe the theory that "Square dislikes sharing" is completely sound with the information we have.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Right, because you're a furry. Good thinking, man! :ultpacman:
Wowowowow, and as my alter ego, what does that make you?

So Mallow confirmed? :o

"Min Min was an ace spirit and Geno is a legend spirit, only ace spirits can be fighters, so Geno is still deconfirmed."
Oh my god I could totally see this too. Such a laughingstock.

That's sadly true lol. I saw a lot of people saying "Yeah , Geno's importance in SMRPG is overblowned" and then I ask them what was Mallow's role and they draw a blank lol.
People don't seem to remember that besides being with us for a bit longer, Mallow's role is not only jokingly puny and a total B-plot (after helping/recruiting Geno but before getting Peach back, it's the C-plot!!!), but you don't even use him once you get Peach (at least most people don't) since Geno typically handles Magic better and if you want more physical muscle beyond Mario, just use Bowser. Ain't no room for him (though I would consider using him if you could replace Mario). Anyone who thinks Mallow is a main character but Geno isn't has it completely ass-backwards.

Of course, because heaven forbid the ***** be wrong about anything in their lives. Like FFS, I'd have more respect for some of those people if they'd just take the L and move on, or at least stand their ground as a Geno-hater. Same damn thing happened with Banjo & Kazooie, KKR, Ridley, etc.

That's disappointing to hear, considering Rare went completely down the toilet post-Microsft buyout. Also while I'm responding to you about insider stuff Fatmanonice Fatmanonice could you comment on stuff regarding hearing Geno talk among insiders? People have parroted it, you supposedly have brought it up in the past, but with June approaching, I'd like to hear it from the source rather than someone just saying "oh Fatman said it". Obviously not asking "so did you hear if he's in or not?" since that's not your style and I totally respect that, just that what have you heard among insider circles since some people do bring that up as points in his favor. I'm asking both out of curiosity as well as anything I can get my hands on to add to the list just makes me happy. ;)

Nintendo wants it to be a GOAT game <they're referring to MP4>
Um, did you mean a GOTY? I don't get what a GOAT game stands for. Game Of A... The?

But before that we will get a new Metroid 2D and possible Prime Trilogy, so you will get (hopefully not so far) new Metroid ration.
It'd be very weird if we didn't get MPT. 2D Metroid could just be leakbait/fake, but I'm hoping it's not, considering Fusion is one of my favorites and also one of my first Metroids (the other being Prime 1, which I got the same night).

They will just go from "Geno will never get in" to "Geno shouldn't have gotten in".
I wish they'd say that, but no, most of them will pretend they never spoke ill of our boy.

Omg these are all such laughably trash things to say. The first is just a meme, the second, I'm sorry, what? More disappointing than Byleth? Who was the stellar hit of FP1 for these people? Terry? Joker? Come the hell on. The last bit just doesn't make any sense. Most characters that aren't in the top two tiers tend to not be mained nearly as much. Granted, I play BK all the time, but I actually enjoy playing them the least out of all the DLC, plus KKR, plus characters I enjoyed prior. I still do pick them up from time to time, but even if I didn't play them, that's no reason to say they don't deserve to be in Smash.

Also now I'm just envisioning Banjo hanging out with Sugar Bear (Golden Crisp cereal). Cereal mascot, ffs people are nuts.

MarioTime

Smash Apprentice
I started to see the Banjo hate ever since Byleth got in. I feel like it comes from people who were jealous that Banjo was the hypest DLC while Byleth wasn't (not that I hate Byleth but it's more than obvious a bunch of ppl disliked the inclusion) or people who expect DLC characters to have 1000 moves like Hero.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Um, did you mean a GOTY? I don't get what a GOAT game stands for. Game Of A... The?
Greatest
Of
All
Time

Or a game about goats, depending on how you're using it in a sentence.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Polarthief Polarthief : let me try to summarize the history:

-August 2018: Geno is part of the Seven Squares leak.

-November 2018: NoA ambassador friend says Geno in Smash is an ongoing rumor at NoA.

-July 2019: Mii Costume Guy leaks Banjo's Mii costumes and the SMRPG costumes. I leak the starling picture.

-August 2019: NoA ambassador shares with us that he believes that the starling pertains to Geno but believes it's a disconfirmation but there was no way to confirm it one way or the other. Insiders are very confident that there will be at least 2-3 more characters after the Fighter's Pass at this point.

-November 2019: Cacomallow happens. 3 of my 4 main contacts believe it's real based on what they know.

-Early December 2019: My contacts make their predictions for 5 and 6. The one with the best overall Nintendo record guesses Geno for 6 based on what he knew.

-Late December 2019: Contact teases on Christmas Eve that several major missing SNES Online games will likely be tied to major E3 announcements. Later in January names Donkey Kong Country as one of them.

I think that's everything regarding Geno concerning insiders I have interacted with since November 2018.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Polarthief Polarthief : let me try to summarize the history:

-August 2018: Geno is part of the Seven Squares leak.

-November 2018: NoA ambassador friend says Geno in Smash is an ongoing rumor at NoA.

-July 2019: Mii Costume Guy leaks Banjo's Mii costumes and the SMRPG costumes. I leak the starling picture.

-August 2019: NoA ambassador shares with us that he believes that the starling pertains to Geno but believes it's a disconfirmation but there was no way to confirm it one way or the other. Insiders are very confident that there will be at least 2-3 more characters after the Fighter's Pass at this point.

-November 2019: Cacomallow happens. 3 of my 4 main contacts believe it's real based on what they know.

-Early December 2019: My contacts make their predictions for 5 and 6. The one with the best overall Nintendo record guesses Geno for 6 based on what he knew.

-Late December 2019: Contact teases on Christmas Eve that several major missing SNES Online games will likely be tied to major E3 announcements. Later in January names Donkey Kong Country as one of them.

I think that's everything regarding Geno concerning insiders I have interacted with since November 2018.
That's pretty handy for reference. Let's hope all that information from last year pays off big this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom