• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
If I recall correctly, I think he did mention Kris Mii costume supported by Mii costume. I think that’s it.
This is new to me. I remember him recalling the Knight from Hollow Knight but Kris? How intriguing. Hopefully, assuming it comes with music, we get the Lancer theme or The World Revolving. The latter would be the best thing ever.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Well, I wouldn't really know. What would the Undertale thing pertain to? Maybe that Deltarune thing that happened the other day?
I would guess LM3 and UT spirit events to come if Smash related? As others stated, he did say something about Kris costume as well as Gooigi costume.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Hopefully, assuming it comes with music, we get the Lancer theme or The World Revolving. The latter would be the best thing ever.
Kinda doubtful, as much as I'd love that. Sakurai tends to go with songs that relate to the character, and while both are great, they don't reeeeally relate to Kris specifically. Now if we see a Lancer or Jevil costume for seemingly no reason... ;)

It also is kinda funny that we got MEGALOVANIA since that's not actually a Sans theme, but it's the one song everyone knows and is *related* to Sans. It's just not like, his song specifically.
It's Chara's Genocide theme, not Sans's.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I'm starting to really change my tune on Origami King. It looks like an honest attempt at a return to form even if it doesn't quite live up to it. Partners do appear to be back, and if the customization thing is happening that's really cool. Stickers are finally gone. We have a unique villain and unique bosses that aren't just Bowser and the koopalings for once. Some of the new areas look legitimately unique and cool. Battle audiences are back. It seems like the stupid world map and level system may be gone. Looking at the footage again, Mario had 70 hp at one point and 130 at another, so either the hp items are in increments of 10 and there are a lot more of them, which is at least better than before, or level ups are back. Yeah, the heavy handed paper aesthetic is still there, but it looks like they fixed most of the other problems. It's definitely not going to be just like the first two, but it looks like it will likely be the best one since TTYD and the new battle system could be really cool too. It's far from perfect, but it looks promising and I'm willing to give it a chance.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm just kind of letting Mandycan do his own thing. As for stuff I've talked about on this topic:

-Mii Costume Guy supports both a Gooigi and Kris Mii costume at some point.

-Based on everything I've heard, I do think they're deliberately holding off on a Luigi's Mansion 3 and Undertale spirit event until the right time. Undertale is a particularly interesting topic. I guess it's okay to share now because Nintendo hasn't exactly been shy about it in the past year but a rumor that goes back to August is that Nintendo likes working with Toby Fox so much that they actually might be helping with the development of Deltarune so that it doesn't take a billion years and so he's freed up to help them with more stuff. Whether this would be a formal announcement is beyond me but I believe it because, no surprise, Nintendo and Toby Fox have clicked goofy well in a short amount of time.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
So, question of coincidence. I don't know if he holds any important info since most are skeptical of him but MandyCan (guy who said Crash would be soon after pass one or Arms, don't remember) made this tweet earlier:
https://twitter.com/MandyCanNot/status/1261398294267387906?s=19
It reminded me of Fatman mentioning the potential(?) Gooigi costume, even if this may have nothing to do with Smash. An Undertale spirit event would be the best thing ever, honestly.

[Edit] I don't know if this would back up Geno and the costumes?
Wasn't Mandycan a fraud?

Lagguino

Smash Apprentice
On a cloud with some kid to defeat the Red Ribbon
Wasn't Mandycan a fraud?
I personally don't believe in MandyCan because they most likely did the "Twitter Trick" (basically made a bunch of predictions each post and when a character is revealed go back and delete all the wrong posts) but other than that he basically supported Crash as 6 (which turned out to be wrong but i won't discredit anyone for) and apparently heard of geno from his sources

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
MandyCan is...strange. Once they got the February direct and Crash as CP6 wrong, they immediately backed down from having any strong, reliable sources and pretty much told people to ignore them, so seeing them suddenly back to posting what are clearly meant to be teases to future Nintendo announcements is fishy, to say the least. Not going to put any stock into anything Mandy posts.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
MandyCan is a fraud. He said that their would be a February Direct and that Crash would be CP6. He most likely did the "Twitter Trick" to make him look more credible then he really is. Don't pay any attention to his Twitter.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
That moment when you realize that the new Paper Mario game's title in Japanese (The Origami King) are seven characters (syllables), each colored almost similarly to a certain set of seven stars. :nifty:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
MandyCan is a fraud. He said that their would be a February Direct and that Crash would be CP6. He most likely did the "Twitter Trick" to make him look more credible then he really is. Don't pay any attention to his Twitter.
Of course. Once you are a fraud, it is going to he hard to redeem yourself from false information. That said, I don't think Mandy can can redeem themselves. They just probably want attention, then and now, which we should not give them. Plus, doesn't he have some kind of overblown grudge against Vergeben?

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Of course. Once you are a fraud, it is going to he hard to redeem yourself from false information. That said, I don't think Mandy can can redeem themselves. They just probably want attention, then and now, which we should not give them. Plus, doesn't he have some kind of overblown grudge against Vergeben?
Not that I have seen, but with how fake leakers act, it wouldn't surprise me lol

link2702

Smash Champion
So I just had the weirdest dream for a Geno reveal trailer this morning. Weird enough that it stuck with me all day.....

Started out as a promotion for a SMRPG2 direct sequel.

The start shows the scene where exor is crashing into bowsers Keep, with the exact same music, but it looks different this time. Bowsers castle clearly had some upgrades while during the repair process, but exor itself looks more menacing, while also clearly showing signs that it was a quick repair job on it.

The screen then pans down to the bottom of the valley, and this is where things get really weird...the artstyle changes to be handdrawn, while also being more inspired by kingdom hearts. Mario is fighting a horde of enemies with a few partners like luigi, apparently they were all ready for the return of smithy, since bowser was also there.

The battles are different from most other mario rpg games, in the sense that battles happen more like chrono trigger; the enemies appear right there on the map without any change in layout, the layout of the ground actually matters as some enemies can't hit you if you're on higher ground and have to move to you, and vice versa...unless you are using magic/ranged moves...which that is also weird cuz....mario could change his "outfit" in the middle of battle(think dress spheres from FFx2 but....treated more seriously..in some ways). he started out in his normal overalls, but then he used the "black mage" powerup, which did the typical mario powerup sound and his outfit flashed temporarily between his normal and the new one(similar to how it does in mario games) his black mage outfit had the standard robes of a black mage and gloves...but weirdly no hat. He was casting spells like fira, thundera, ect. He then switched to a fireflower powerup, which made him strictly have fire "magic" but it was far more powerful than what the black mage could cast.

Enemies were basically in hordes, and unless you took out all that were there quickly, more might join in from a distance. Mario then get's the hammer bros outfit...

Then for some reason, it fades away, and reappears in a more smash bros style, where the fight is happening in 3d, and mario is about to attack with the hammer similarly to how he did in a smash 4 trailer with his fist(can't remember who's reveal it was for, think it was charizards....), when suddenly a beam of light shoots down inbetween mario and the enemies he's fighting, and Geno appears standing there.

Annnnnnnd.....then I woke up.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
I think Rude Buster would be an absolute banger to add to Smash. Hopefully it happens if Kris costume comes. Also hearing that Nintendo may be personally working with Toby is exciting as I'm a big UT/DR fan and getting more Deltarune chapters in my lifetime is great news.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I think Rude Buster would be an absolute banger to add to Smash. Hopefully it happens if Kris costume comes.
SUSIE (rudely) BUSTS IN!

(in all seriousness, most of the UT/DR soundtrack is an absolute banger regardless, but in Smash, hell yeah)

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
SUSIE (rudely) BUSTS IN!

(in all seriousness, most of the UT/DR soundtrack is an absolute banger regardless, but in Smash, hell yeah)
Honestly if they sold a collection of songs in a bundle I'd buy it. Asgores theme is one of my favorites as well as Scarlet Forest as it reminda me heavily of our boy Geno.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Honestly if they sold a collection of songs in a bundle I'd buy it.
$10 or so would be an auto-buy from me, even if there's no stages, Mii Costumes, characters, nothing. Granted, UT is tied for my favorite game (SMRPG being the other, mostly out of nostalgia), so I'd be an absolute sucker to buy a pack of songs for Smash. DR is also amazing and since bringing my sister into the UT/DR cult, we're both anxiously waiting for the rest of the game.

Asgores theme is one of my favorites as well
I assume you're talking about his fight song (just titled "ASGORE")? Also a banger. Too many bangers in the game to the point where I don't think I have a "favorite" song, I just have a list of songs that I absolutely love. I don't want to favor any one song. "Haha Megalovania", yeah it's good and on said list, but man do people go ape over it because Sans is a meme machine.

as well as Scarlet Forest as it reminda me heavily of our boy Geno.
I wonder why a forest theme would remind you of Geno. ;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Taking of for a bit just burnt out and need a break for a little while I’ll come in and post reactions to new announcements for games and Smash when I can.

Till then see you guys hopefully when Geno gets in.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
So for Geno's trailer what kind of gameplay shots do you wanna see be played? Showcasing attacks, nods to Super Mario RPG, etc
Honestly, I don't mind if it's like Terry's trailer and it shows virtually no gameplay. Just show me what he looks like and I'll be happy (assuming he looks good; I doubt Sakurai would do our boy dirty though*).
If there is gameplay, there has to be a Geno Whirl in there somewhere though.

*Edit: Does any character, excluding Snake's ass, look bad btw? I can't really think of one... (again, *EXCLUDING* Snake's nerfed butt)

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
So for Geno's trailer what kind of gameplay shots do you wanna see be played? Showcasing attacks, nods to Super Mario RPG, etc
Do we have any stages with big slopes? Because I want Geno, Mario, Bowser, and Peach to be running up the slope while barrels roll down. The next shot, of course, is Geno standing next to that cake healing item, charging an attack aimed at it.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Do we have any stages with big slopes? Because I want Geno, Mario, Bowser, and Peach to be running up the slope while barrels roll down. The next shot, of course, is Geno standing next to that cake healing item, charging an attack aimed at it.
Trying to think but I think the closest is Yoshi's Island Melee

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Kind of my basic personal wishlist:

-Megaman being in the trailer in some way. When I was in elementary school, I drew several characters heavily based on Megaman (basically Megaman X... but as a tiger), Geno (basically Geno without the hat and notably taller), and one that was basically a combined concept of Frog/Glenn, Mallow, and Cloud (Frog's clothes and body proportions, Cloud's goofy huge sword, and basically a cloud person like Mallow). It would be weirdly meaningful to me for at least Megaman to be there.

-Mallow being involved in the actual cinematic part of the trailer.

-Hopefully an SMRPG remix of some kind.

-References to some of the SMRPG boss fights, especially Bowyer.

-"Fatmanonice did nothing wrong" continuously scrolling across the bottom of the screen during the entire presentation.

I think these are reasonable requests.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Is the Cloud amiibo being reprinted in november good for square enix being dlc 7? Seems like they’d be stingy about the release timing but maybe im overthinking that

edit sorry september

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Is the Cloud amiibo being reprinted in november good for square enix being dlc 7? Seems like they’d be stingy about the release timing but maybe im overthinking that

edit sorry september

edit sorry september
7 or 8, honestly. If 6 is June, it's pretty reasonable for 7 to be August or September.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Kind of my basic personal wishlist:

-Megaman being in the trailer in some way. When I was in elementary school, I drew several characters heavily based on Megaman (basically Megaman X... but as a tiger), Geno (basically Geno without the hat and notably taller), and one that was basically a combined concept of Frog/Glenn, Mallow, and Cloud (Frog's clothes and body proportions, Cloud's goofy huge sword, and basically a cloud person like Mallow). It would be weirdly meaningful to me for at least Megaman to be there.

-Mallow being involved in the actual cinematic part of the trailer.

-Hopefully an SMRPG remix of some kind.

-References to some of the SMRPG boss fights, especially Bowyer.

-"Fatmanonice did nothing wrong" continuously scrolling across the bottom of the screen during the entire presentation.

I think these are reasonable requests.
If the fifth one is real, which it won't i will laugh SO hard
I wonder if we'll hit page 2777 before or after Geno's confirmation...
Before: We Won't
Later the reveal: Maybe
-That the Up B is not Geno Boost, I feel very boring
-A scene like Mario, Mallow's Mii, Geno, Bowser and Peach either Run in the Forest Maze, Kill Smithy's mii or do all taunts alluding to SMRPG
-Reference is made to the fact that Peach's Pan and Mario's FS are from SMRPG
-A scene in which Wario in his red suit does a Grab to Peach in the white suit on the Spirit Tracks train while Mario, Bowser, Geno and Mallow's Mii follow them
-A scene in which Geno, K Rool, Banjo and Ridley are (Even if it does not appear in the trailer I know that in OP Starfall they would end up doing it)

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I still say it's a little unreasonable to expect 3 whole characters in June. I'm sitting in the boat that they might have originally planned to do that, but with everything getting pushed around, them working from home, and the lack of an E3 direct I don't see it. Even a hypothetical Smash Direct is suspect compared to the livestream type thing everyone else got. It's already confirmed they aren't adding in any new modes, just characters. I don't see them doing something like "Ok Heres the ARMS character!" and then at the end they go "Ok, Heres Fighter 7!" AND THEN go "Here's fighter 8 too lol!" 7 will most likely be there but I anticipate 8 being pushed back to a hypothetical August/September direct.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Something I can't stand about the Nintendo community is that the fanbase acts like Nintendo doesn't cater to fans, even though they cater to fans more often then at least Sony Or Microsoft.
>They have added tons of new content that fans have been clamoring for a Super Mario Maker sequel.
>They did a new open world Mario game that people have been wanting since Sunshine.
>They went back to the old roots of Fire Emblem with Three Houses, another thing fans have wanted.
>Super Mario Party removes the car gimmick that everyone hated from 9 and 10. It still isn't a completely perfect MP game, but its at least a step in the right direction.
>Luigi's Mansion 3 removes the mission structure and adds boss ghosts, which was something EVERY Luigi's Mansion fan wanted.
>As Fatman has said, Panel De Pon is releasing in English after 25 years of demand.
>A Pokemon Mystery Dungeon remake, which was something tons of people wanted.
>Ultimate contains every character that has ever been in a Smash game, which was something people complained about from previous installments, and on top of that, including long-time fan requests like Ridley, King K. Rool and Banjo.

And that isn't even everything. Their is still much more instances of Nintendo listening to fans that I haven't even mentioned, those were just the instances I could think off the top of my head. Anyone who says that Nintendo doesn't care about what the fans want clearly doesn't understand just how much Nintendo has catered towards fans. Even though Geno is a pretty obscure character, he is highly requested, and sometimes thats enough of a reason to get a character included, obscure or not. The point is, Fan requests can go a long way. I just had to rant about this because I am so sick of hearing people claim how Nintendo doesn't care about the fans, when with everything I just listed, is clearly false.

link2702

Smash Champion
SO with us all waiting for the next reveal, with the arms character in June finally being revealed, and (hopefully) the next character after being shown and revealed to be Geno. I Did want to bring up something to see if folks are still willing to do it as a Thank you to Sakurai.

Have everyone who has a "legitimate"(don't think nintendo would like seeing a pc emulator version) version of SMRPG, whether it's on an actual original SNES, SNES mini, wii or wii u VC, start a new file on each of the 4 slots that all Spell out "Thank you Masahiro Sakurai!" from top to bottom, and send a massive picture with your phone camera of it by everyone to him(that way you can get your system of choice in the picture as well, snes, mini etc., if you don't want to be in it you can find a way to take a picture of it without you being seen, pretty much what I plan on doing).

And if you live in japan, or have a japanese copy of the game, and can spell his name out in that one, that would also be nice.

Anyway, it's an idea I've proposed before, and simply wanted to make sure if everyone was on board. Was also thinking of having it turned into one of those giant pieces of pixel art where every picture is color matched to create a giant pixel version of Geno, but IDK if that would be possible(...what are those even called anyway?)

Last edited:

axel_

Smash Journeyman
Yes and I do too (if they're true). It's basically been a quiet agreement that both rumored franchise revivals are a big enough deal that nobody wants to be "that guy" and spoil them, even if they turn out to be false. Their fans deserve the surprise and the people that know them more or less agree that whoever purposely leaks them would be crowned "King of the ******** ™" forever.

Well, I guess it's time to pray for the series revival that I really want the most...

QQS

Smash Lord
Display Fighters by Series:

B27EF570-81E0-47A7-AD96-22B30BB319C5.jpeg

Trust me that this is going to be our next “Display by Series” screen after Geno reveal in June. With this, Mario Saga would have 10 characters (counting Daisy and Geno); same as Pokémon (counting PT’s separately). Then Fire Emblem with 8 (counting Echoes)

CREDITS:
-Geno icon: TheCriticalKidd on Deviant Art
-Display Screen photo: elixirsoup on IG.
(I just mixed the Geno stuff there)

HERE ITS THE ORIGINAL POST by elixirsoup on Instagram:

546F9428-5153-42F8-A4C3-0954D95C7E4B.jpeg

B204402E-21A8-4217-A463-A10E4D24AF01.jpeg

6AD89108-4564-41F7-AEEA-1E9EBA8DD16C.jpeg

(now also ARMS, of course)
564DB493-F6F1-4CB6-954F-528C3A8CF3AB.jpeg

D21C251D-DB77-4AAA-9CA7-53DBE3F57508.jpeg

D403A831-BAFA-4DED-9F6A-307A4DE8724D.jpeg

(on this last one you have to add Byleth).

AGAIN, credits to TheCriticalKidd on Deviant Art & elixirsoup on Instagram. You should follow elixirsoup, always good Nintendo content on Instagram!

EDIT: the original post is from January 16, that’s why there weren’t ARMS mentions. Again, go follow him, nice page!

I just wanted to show how beautiful and epic will be when Geno joins the party!

Last edited:

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
FP gone, which means badges are gone, which means it *can't* be 64/TTYD-based. The badge system is about 75% of the combat system and a majority of the exploratory rewards. Inb4 only coins (and maybe some consumables) for battle rewards. Also from what tiny amount of battle footage we saw, I didn't see anything resembling Star Points/EXP/Levels.

Unless they purposefully omitted all these things from the trailer footage (why would they exclude FP for example?), this game is most definitely not 64/TTYD-based.
Yeah , I'm gonna side with you on that one.
If a trailer for a stinkin' RPG has 5 seconds of combat , then it's a big red flag.

Smaller numbers , badges , FPs , and partners are what made Paper Mario battles interesting. I know most people here are sick of people complaining about PM : TOK , but from what the trailer show me , they didn't convinced me.
I don't want to dig in some chinese trailer and promotional email and some star beside a shiny shoe to know what the battle system will be. I shouldn't have to do that , unless they plan to do a second trailer... But then this beg the question ; Why didn't they show all of the cool stuff right away , when the game release so soon ? Are they purposefully trying to cause a lot of discussion and drop a bombshell before release ?

I don't want to blindly hate on this game , I'm trying my best to see the positives. Heck , I fully did Color Splash and keep mentionning the positive of that game , and mentionning that the real issues of that game are a flawed battle system and honestly the lack of effort from the game to engage you in the story , while the game prefer to only be funny. (And I mean , the game has gems of humor , but still.) The rest was actually very good.
I want to be optimistic about this new PM game , but unless Nintendo themselves show me "yeah , here's how the structure of the game work , you have partners and shtick" I won't get myself hyped up.

This will be my last post on the subject , and I'll try my best to stay on topic from now on. My goal isn't to tell other people "YOU FOOL , DON'T YOU SEE THIS DOOM AND GLOOM UPON US ??!!" , people are free to enjoy the game if they want , that's common sense for me. I just want to be honest about how I feel about this new Mario RPG.

---

I'm actually surprised a lot of people are mentionning Kris as a costume... Deltarune is far from finished , so I don't know if Toby Fox would be okay with that. But a remix of the World Revolving would absolutely be legendary.
Actually , all of this make me wonder if smaller nintendo and third party character will get the deluxe treatment when it come to mii costumes , not only indies.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
If a trailer for a stinkin' RPG has 5 seconds of combat , then it's a big red flag.
If a game that clearly has RPG-style battles is called an "Action Adventure" by the company, then that's a big red flag too.
Bottom line for me is no FP/badges = I won't enjoy it like I do the others. Excusing everything else I really hated about the trailer, this one is just inexcusable to me.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Wouldn't the Pikmin stage work for this? I like this idea a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom