• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
It makes no sense that Nintendo would waste time, money, and assets dealing with Square over an updated costume when they could just port over the old one getting the same amount of money. A Geno costume but with a face is not gonna make that much of a difference since the fans know he got costumed for the second time.
Playing devil's advocate here. Sakurai knows that Geno is demanded. Nintendo wants to put someone else in that makes him unable to make him a proper fighter, Sakurai and Nintendo meet and the middle and make him a Premium Mii Costume.. It's not that impossible of a scenario. Not saying that he will be a premium one (I certainly hope not, although it would be better than nothing), but it's certainly not an impossible scenario. Just look at Rex from Xenoblade. Even if Smash Brothers Ultimate is a massive game, filled with a **** ton of fan favorites, Nintendo and Sakurai won¨t be able to please everyone, no matter how many DLC characters that ends up in the game. So acting as the potential scenario of him being a premium will never happen, is no offense, but rather foolish. We need to see from an objective lens, not a subjective (and by that, I mean looking at it from a neutral point of view and not a tunnel sited point of view)

Last edited:

RedMachine123

Smash Apprentice
Playing devil's advocate here. Sakurai knows that Geno is demanded. Nintendo wants to put someone else in that makes him unable to make him a proper fighter, Sakurai and Nintendo meet and the middle and make him a Premium Mii Costume.. It's not that impossible of a scenario. Not saying that he will be a premium one (I certainly hope not, although it would be better than nothing), but it's certainly not an impossible scenario. Just look at Rex from Xenoblade. Even if Smash Brothers Ultimate is a massive game, filled with a **** ton of fan favorites, Nintendo and Sakurai won¨t be able to please everyone, no matter how many DLC characters that ends up in the game. So acting as the potential scenario of him being a premium will never happen, is no offense, but rather foolish. We need to see from an objective lens, not a subjective (and by that, I mean looking at it from a neutral point of view and not a tunnel sited point of view)
If Nintendo really wanted to not make Geno a fighter and give us the Mii costume again they would have put him in the base game because they already got the rights to make him a spirit in the base game, why making him a spirit instead of giving us the Smash 4 Mii costume back? They even had the chance to give us an upgraded "Premium" Geno Mii costume when they negotiated with Square Enix to get Hero. Either he becomes a fully playable character or he stays as a shiny PNG, it wouldn't make sense to give us the Geno Mii costume now.

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
Another thing: The Mario 64 decompile has led to a port on the switch which just came out yesterday (for modded systems). Im interested in seeing how Nintendos lawyers handle this one. Would that be another soft confirmation for the m64 switch port?

RedMachine123

Smash Apprentice
Other mii costumes came back in DLCs (for example Megaman ones), I don't see how Geno is different.
Because we didn't get any Capcom rep in FP1, for example: if Dante got in Smash the Megaman Mii costumes would have been released with him. But Geno already got his chance when Nintendo released Hero and the Mii costume didn't came back, unless they are saving the costume to release it with another Square Enix rep I don't think we will get the Geno Mii costume back. But that's just my opinion.

zriL

Smash Journeyman
Hero DLC had only DQ costumes, so it makes sense they wouldn't want to put anything else in it, even other Square Enix properties.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Hero DLC had only DQ costumes, so it makes sense they wouldn't want to put anything else in it, even other Square Enix properties.
Yeah, and Hero had less than everyone else. The chocobo hat and Geno costume are pretty much free money, so why not have them? The answer to that (IMO) is that Geno and Chocobo got moved up into a second Squenix fighter's set- I and many others believe this to be Geno.

Also, it's worth noting that Geno came with a Final Fantasy character, so Squenix are evidently OK with showing multiple IPs in one go.

RedMachine123

Smash Apprentice
Terry from FATAL FURY was released along with these Mii costumes: Nakoruru from SAMURAI SHODOWN, Ryo Sakazaki from ART OF FIGHTING and Iori Yagami from KING OF FIGHTERS. All these games are SNK properties.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Terry from FATAL FURY was released along with these Mii costumes: Nakoruru from SAMURAI SHODOWN, Ryo Sakazaki from ART OF FIGHTING and Iori Yagami from KING OF FIGHTERS. All these games are SNK properties.
And also Akira from Virtual Fighter, a Sega property.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
On the topic of Mii costume rumors, I've brought it up before but coincidentally none of the Square ones are from the "Enix" side of things aside from one that's technically not purely Square but still regularly identified as one. This is kind of interesting because modern Square Enix is basically a mash up of three companies: Square, Enix, and Edios and all three have very high profile gaming series to draw characters from. This is why it has caught my attention, for example, that Lara Croft has never come up in a serious capacity. Crono and Sora have come up but not in regards to Mii costumes. The 5, potentially 6, that have come up are identified as "Square" and, as you all know, 3 are Mario RPG related and we've long established that franchises almost never have multiple costumes unless their franchise has a playable character. Coincidentally, ARMS used to be the main exception of having multiple Mii costumes but no character but, lo and behold, that's no longer the case, which bodes well for Geno because it's a very heavily established pattern.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
My only concern with Geno making it fully playable in Smash is wondering what fanbase the naysayers who detract for the sake of detracting (they adamantly don't want a character added because shut up) will then descend upon to fight against, repeatedly chanting how they will never have a chance,. The ones who watch a character thread like a hawk waiting for someone to bring up a con argument regardless of degree so they can high five them. It was Ridley, then K Rool, then Banjo and now Geno. If Geno makes it, who's next? Dixie? Crash? Isaac? Bandana Waddle Dee? Hopefully no one.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Given we're talking about Square Enix and everything, I figured I'd share a theory one of the guys I talk to has regarding potential bonus characters. I said it the other day but one of their theories based on what I've shared with them is that bonus characters would come with a Mii costume or two and one or two pieces of music specifically tied to the playable character and one of the Mii costumes. For example, the first idea they pitched at me was playable Waluigi with the heavily rumored Gooigi Mii costume and a track from Luigi's Mansion 3. Another theory they have is that there is going to be one third party bonus character and they're hard stuck on it being Sora.

I bring this up because I know there has been a lot of headbutting between the Geno and Sora fanbases since like, well, 2005 but it's an interesting potential compromise. If Sora was a bonus, it would probably be similar to how he was in World of Final Fantasy, an LTO because that's all Disney was willing to agree to. That said, Sora as a "bonus" wouldn't be a new concept and would be a loophole from Disney having to approve a whole pack. In a way it would theoretically be like Corrin in Smash 4, a playable character with two music tracks. Again, this wouldn't be unprecedented because Sora basically came as himself in World of Final Fantasy and little else. I want to emphasize that I'm only bringing this up as a hypothetical and a possible tie in to both Geno and Sora being part of the "Seven Squares" back in 2018.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
My only concern with Geno making it fully playable in Smash is wondering what fanbase the naysayers who detract for the sake of detracting (they adamantly don't want a character added because shut up) will then descend upon to fight against, repeatedly chanting how they will never have a chance,. The ones who watch a character thread like a hawk waiting for someone to bring up a con argument regardless of degree so they can high five them. It was Ridley, then K Rool, then Banjo and now Geno. If Geno makes it, who's next? Dixie? Crash? Isaac? Bandana Waddle Dee? Hopefully no one.
They just want someone to hate on. It won't end as long as the series is still going. I only hope we can be free of them soon.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Haters will always exist.

That said, they're also easy to report when they come here. Rule of thumb is that they only actually get something out of it by you responding. If you genuinely believe them to be trolls, report 'em. Easy solution. It's also way more effective in resolving it. Obviously not every person here who doesn't outright support Geno is a troll. Some legitimately don't get why he's popular, and that's fair. Some don't understand how he could play or how he can be unique, and that's fair too. Many haven't played the series, or may not be good at imaging characters changed up for Smash. Sometimes the best thing to do is explain how they can be unique, even if they're possibly trolls.

It's kind of subjective at times which ones seem to be trolling or genuinely don't understand. Besides, when people are talking about moveset issues, it's always good to explain it anyway so other users who are new to the idea of Geno being in Smash can imagine him better~

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Kinda random but I wanted to ask wether people here are aware that these two pieces of officially licensed merchandise featuring original artworks of Geno existed.
One appeareantly is from a puzzle and the other from an old game guide.

https://www.suppermariobroth.com/post/142202192545/super-mario-rpg-jigsaw-puzzle/amp

https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1414548-geno
I can't remember if I've seen that puzzle before or not. Still neat. Nice to have an actual official depiction of Geno from the front.

I'm going to be honest, you know one of the main things I'm going to be excited about if Geno gets in? I'll finally be able to stop using this!

Genosmrpg.png
"That's just a picture of Geno dude"

EXACTLY. Pretty much the only official artwork of Geno outside of those two that were posted. And you know what? I think it sucks.
  • It's super static, he's just standing there. It's boring and coveys nothing about the character, his personality, or his abilities.
  • It has a really awkward diagonal camera angle. I get why, that's how the game looks, but I feel like it leads to a really weird perspective issue where it makes him seem taller than he actually is supposed to be, especially compared to the other two images where I feel he looks perfect.
  • This is more of a me thing, but for the longest time I misinterpreted the render as Geno's eyes looking up and the non-shadowed part of his nose to be his lip/mouth or something. Like this.
    It took me years to realize I was an idiot and that he has a puppet mouth and that was his nose but even now when I see the image out of focus or look at it from certain angles it looks like that to me.
  • The worst part is that this is really the only official actual piece of artwork he has, and because of that, it gets posted everytime anyone has talked about Geno for the last 20 years. Characters like K.Rool are like that where they went 10+ years without an appearance so the same art and renders were constantly posted, to the point where seeing a brand new official high quality render/depiction of the character was unironically the most surreal thing about the reveal to me, especially given how incredible he actually looked, and Geno is that but like 20 times worse.
  • It doesn't help that this is 95% of people's first impression of the character if they haven't played the game, just some really old boring looking render of a weird cloaked puppet. I genuinely think people would be even slightly more onboard with him if there was official art of him, I don't know, firing lasers, shooting rocket hands, or turning into a goddamn cannon.
I've never really been a fan of how alot of fan renders portray him either, stuff like the brawl mod or smashified are too tall and thin. The two best ones I've seen are certainly these two.

But hey, atleast we can trust Sakurai to get his design right. Right?

ir3n1tuzok721.jpg God this costume sucks.

Here's hoping.

Last edited:

zriL

Smash Journeyman
What I meant is Hero costumes package is the only "one-franchise" package in FP1. I'm not talking about editors.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
I can't remember if I've seen that puzzle before or not. Still neat. Nice to have an actual official depiction of Geno from the front.

I'm going to be honest, you know one of the main things I'm going to be excited about if Geno gets in? I'll finally be able to stop using this!

View attachment 271271

EXACTLY. Pretty much the only official artwork of Geno outside of those two that were posted. And you know what? I think it sucks.
  • It's super static, he's just standing there. It's boring and coveys nothing about the character, his personality, or his abilities.
  • It has a really awkward diagonal camera angle. I get why, that's how the game looks, but I feel like it leads to a really weird perspective issue where it makes him seem taller than he actually is supposed to be, especially compared to the other two images where I feel he looks perfect.
  • This is more of a me thing, but for the longest time I misinterpreted the render as Geno's eyes looking up and the non-shadowed part of his nose to be his lip/mouth or something. Like this.
    It took me years to realize I was an idiot and that he has a puppet mouth and that was his nose but even now when I see the image out of focus or look at it from certain angles it looks like that to me.
  • The worst part is that this is really the only official actual piece of artwork he has, and because of that, it gets posted everytime anyone has talked about Geno for the last 20 years. Characters like K.Rool are like that where they went 10+ years without an appearance so the same art and renders were constantly posted, to the point where seeing a brand new official high quality render/depiction of the character was unironically the most surreal thing about the reveal to me, especially given how incredible he actually looked, and Geno is that but like 20 times worse.
  • It doesn't help that this is 95% of people's first impression of the character if they haven't played the game, just some really old boring looking render of a weird cloaked puppet. I genuinely think people would be even slightly more onboard with him if there was official art of him, I don't know, firing lasers, shooting rocket hands, or turning into a goddamn cannon.
I've never really been a fan of how alot of fan renders portray him either, stuff like the brawl mod or smashified are too tall and thin. The two best ones I've seen are certainly these two.

View attachment 271279 God this costume sucks.

Here's hoping.
Definitely in the same boat when it comes to the mouth thing. The render was terrible, and the character’s entire design was actually confusing from the start.
As someone who played it when it was released originally, Geno’s design was a confusing mess.

Fan Art is what saved the character in my opinion.

No one would probably agree with me on this, but SMRPG is a Mario game I’d like to see be revived for sure,However I would take that over Geno being playable in smash.
I’ve always felt the game as a whole was much more interesting than some of the individual characters that were introduced.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Soeaking of renders, Jonathan Jones' eyes are in his mouth while the spot where his eyes would be are just circles. WHY.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Knowing the Smash community, their always gonna move on to the next character to hate because when a certain character they previously hated gets included, they have no other choice but move to the next character to hate. I'm pretty sure Waluigi and Isaac will be top contenders the community will hate on once Geno gets included.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
What I meant is Hero costumes package is the only "one-franchise" package in FP1. I'm not talking about editors.
But you have to think about when Hero was shown off. It was early in FP1, when Sakurai and Nintendo had planned FP1 to be "the end". FP2 wasn't intended from the start, so why wouldn't they put the Geno costume in with it? Because, and this is the most likely outcome, they had thought "well maybe we might want to do an FP2 and put Geno in it". Otherwise, why not just stick Geno in with Hero and be done with it? I really don't think Square and Enix, two sister companies, have such a bad relationship with one another that they can't stick each other's IPs in the other's packs. I honestly think that they're just holding off because a Square character is coming (Geno), and they'll put Chocobo in that one, alongside Mallow, potentially Smithy, and maybe Crono and Sephiroth?

I just don't see Geno missing Hero's 4 Mii costume pack as a "oh it's just cuz it's Enix only", because again, FP1 was intended to be the end, and if it was intentional to have Smash end with it, why would you delay the costume further, unless he's gonna be playable?

On the flipside (and a bit OT), Lloyd Irving also dodged quite a few packs, including the "general" Mii costume waves, which makes me think he too, like Geno, are coming in FP2.

As for the "Haters gonna Hate" topic, I'm willing to bet it's Waluigi.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

View attachment 271271

Here's hoping.
This is definitely one of the most exciting prospects of the character because there's been no official redesigns since 1996. In the history of Smash, you've technically only have had three characters with significant design updates/redesigns: Marth, Pit, and Palutena. It presents something that rarely happens in Smash and has yet to really happen to a third party character.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
This is definitely one of the most exciting prospects of the character because there's been no official redesigns since 1996. In the history of Smash, you've technically only have had three characters with significant design updates/redesigns: Marth, Pit, and Palutena. It presents something that rarely happens in Smash and has yet to really happen to a third party character.
I'd argue that Ridley (who feels like he gets a new design anytime he appears in anything) and K.Rool got major design updates when getting brought into Smash. I suppose for K.Rool it's more just the Paon design with the coloring, scales, and the belly armor from the Rare design but goddamn is it such a glow up.

Last edited:

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
Kinda random but I wanted to ask wether people here are aware that these two pieces of officially licensed merchandise featuring original artworks of Geno existed.
One appeareantly is from a puzzle and the other from an old game guide.

https://www.suppermariobroth.com/post/142202192545/super-mario-rpg-jigsaw-puzzle/amp

https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1414548-geno
That jigsaw puzzle artwork is beautiful. Anyone know where I can find a high resolution version of that puzzle artwork? Would be amazing to send that off to a custom puzzle company and then build a 1000 piece Super Mario RPG puzzle during quarantine....Canada just extended their orders for another 2 weeks!

Also the thought of a new Geno render is so exciting! Hopefully it goes the way of Pit and March and not the way of Tiny Kong....anyone else remember the change from DK64 to Diddy Kong Racing? yikes.

JudgeHeihachi

Smash Apprentice

View attachment 271271

Here's hoping.
I can relate to that. ALttP on SNES was one of the first games I played and it too had that problem of dated graphics without that much official artwork. That's why I enjoyed ALbW sp much as it breathed new life into those old NPCs and enemies. Seeing stuff transition into the third dimension can do wonders.
I think the costume is actually one of the better looking ones besides the weird face obviously

That jigsaw puzzle artwork is beautiful. Anyone know where I can find a high resolution version of that puzzle artwork? Would be amazing to send that off to a custom puzzle company and then build a 1000 piece Super Mario RPG puzzle during quarantine....Canada just extended their orders for another 2 weeks!

Also the thought of a new Geno render is so exciting! Hopefully it goes the way of Pit and March and not the way of Tiny Kong....anyone else remember the change from DK64 to Diddy Kong Racing? yikes.
There are some more scans of it. Just type Mario RPG puzzle into Google. I think one had a higher resolution

Vector Victor

Smash Lord

I'm still trying to figure out what was the point of Tiny Kong in DK64 when Dixie was already available.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I'm still trying to figure out what was the point of Tiny Kong in DK64 when Dixie was already available.
What happened was that for whatever reason Rare chose to only bring back characters from the original Donkey Kong Country. That got thrown out the window but they had already created the new playable cast and stuck with it. I don't really get it either since Tiny and Chunky are just standins for Dixie and Kiddy anyway, with the same abilities and Rare literally making them related in the lore, but whatever.

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Given we're talking about Square Enix and everything, I figured I'd share a theory one of the guys I talk to has regarding potential bonus characters. I said it the other day but one of their theories based on what I've shared with them is that bonus characters would come with a Mii costume or two and one or two pieces of music specifically tied to the playable character and one of the Mii costumes. For example, the first idea they pitched at me was playable Waluigi with the heavily rumored Gooigi Mii costume and a track from Luigi's Mansion 3. Another theory they have is that there is going to be one third party bonus character and they're hard stuck on it being Sora.

I bring this up because I know there has been a lot of headbutting between the Geno and Sora fanbases since like, well, 2005 but it's an interesting potential compromise. If Sora was a bonus, it would probably be similar to how he was in World of Final Fantasy, an LTO because that's all Disney was willing to agree to. That said, Sora as a "bonus" wouldn't be a new concept and would be a loophole from Disney having to approve a whole pack. In a way it would theoretically be like Corrin in Smash 4, a playable character with two music tracks. Again, this wouldn't be unprecedented because Sora basically came as himself in World of Final Fantasy and little else. I want to emphasize that I'm only bringing this up as a hypothetical and a possible tie in to both Geno and Sora being part of the "Seven Squares" back in 2018.
Hey, I have a question. You said don't be surprised to see Sora as a free bonus like in The World Of Final Fantasy but something happens, in that game Sora is a limited time DLC so how do you think it could be in Smash? It could be downloaded forever like the plant, it could be downloaded but those who did not download it will no longer be able to download it again or you think it could be downloaded but after a while it can no longer be downloaded and it will be deleted definitively (Regardless if you downloaded it or not like in World Of FF) but I see more possible that nintendo and / or sakurai pass sora before making it a temporary character

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'd argue that Ridley (who feels like he gets a new design anytime he appears in anything) and K.Rool got major design updates when getting brought into Smash. I suppose for K.Rool it's more just the Paon design with the coloring, scales, and the belly armor from the Rare design but goddamn is it such a glow up.
I didn't include Ridley or K. Rool because they've both have had several redesigns since coming to Smash. Ridley's Smash design is basically an original though because it's a mash up of the original, Super, Prime, and Other M. Geno's been frozen in time for 5 gaming generations so a lot can be done. Banjo and Simon were basically just "glow ups" of their original designs too but good lord do they look great in Smash. Whether Geno gets a redesign or "HD remaster" I'm excited to see the end result either way.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The people who hate Geno would have a meltdown over his confirmation
The same thing goes for the haters of any character if that character become playable, I'm sure. (I don't go out of my way to look up negative reactions, but I'm positive that some people threw a fit when Ridley was announced as a playable character in Smash Ultimate, among other examples)

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
What happened was that for whatever reason Rare chose to only bring back characters from the original Donkey Kong Country. That got thrown out the window but they had already created the new playable cast and stuck with it. I don't really get it either since Tiny and Chunky are just standins for Dixie and Kiddy anyway, with the same abilities and Rare literally making them related in the lore, but whatever.
Tiny Kong is the prime example of a redundant character. Should have been Dixie from the get go.

zriL

Smash Journeyman
But you have to think about when Hero was shown off. It was early in FP1, when Sakurai and Nintendo had planned FP1 to be "the end". FP2 wasn't intended from the start, so why wouldn't they put the Geno costume in with it? Because, and this is the most likely outcome, they had thought "well maybe we might want to do an FP2 and put Geno in it". Otherwise, why not just stick Geno in with Hero and be done with it? I really don't think Square and Enix, two sister companies, have such a bad relationship with one another that they can't stick each other's IPs in the other's packs. I honestly think that they're just holding off because a Square character is coming (Geno), and they'll put Chocobo in that one, alongside Mallow, potentially Smithy, and maybe Crono and Sephiroth?
I know that theory perfectly makes sense. I'm only saying there are other things that make sense too, simpler things, and usually simple theories are the ones that end up being true (Occam's razor). Not everything has to be about Geno.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hey, I have a question. You said don't be surprised to see Sora as a free bonus like in The World Of Final Fantasy but something happens, in that game Sora is a limited time DLC so how do you think it could be in Smash? It could be downloaded forever like the plant, it could be downloaded but those who did not download it will no longer be able to download it again or you think it could be downloaded but after a while it can no longer be downloaded and it will be deleted definitively (Regardless if you downloaded it or not like in World Of FF) but I see more possible that nintendo and / or sakurai pass sora before making it a temporary character
Like I said, probably an LTO based on how Sora has been treated as past DLC. He'd be available for a month or two which is just as well since that's plenty of time for the people who want him to get him. Truth be told, most of the DLC sales are probably in the first two weeks of their release anyways so it's not like Sora would be shorthanded if he was only available for a short time.

D

Deleted member

Coming from someone who supports both good to hear some positive news for Sora. Of course I want Geno in but if the Keyblade user gets in hey I’m down. Course I hope it’s Geno more so.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Like I said, probably an LTO based on how Sora has been treated as past DLC. He'd be available for a month or two which is just as well since that's plenty of time for the people who want him to get him. Truth be told, most of the DLC sales are probably in the first two weeks of their release anyways so it's not like Sora would be shorthanded if he was only available for a short time.
There's a huge difference between a extra character in World of Final Fantasy being available for a limited time and a Smash character only being available for a month or two.

Sounds nightmarish to me that Nintendo would spend a year of effort on Sora to only have him available for a month or two.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
well as you say it would have very good sales and especially because of the popular demand for sora, but for me it is still inappropriate to launch a character and that you can only get a certain time (Yes, I know you say it would be only with 2 songs and without scenario like Corrin from Smash 4 but even so the plant that was only the fighter was still in the e-shop after his offer) good although maybe it is the way of working of Disney because when you said that I started looking and world of ff no It is the only example in which sora was a limited time bonus because in an app that I forgot what it was called there was an emoji of sora to commemorate the launch of KH3

There's a huge difference between a extra character in World of Final Fantasy being available for a limited time and a Smash character only being available for a month or two.

Sounds nightmarish to me that Nintendo would spend a year of effort on Sora to only have him available for a month or two.
It is what strikes me, Nintendo and Sakurai would spend money, time and effort to negotiate with Disney and Square to have Sora since he would not be in Ultimate forever. It's something I don't see them doing that

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, a potential bombshell: Something fun to mull over since the Best Buy leak in February did correctly point to 6 being first party, a new potential oopsie doodle happened with a Polish game retailer today, showing listings for a good number of Smash Amiibo rereleases in September:

-Mario
-Luigi
-Ryu
-Link
-Zelda
-Ganondorf
-Young Link
-Both versions of Cloud

https://ultima.pl/search/?keywords=Amiibo&page=1

We already know that this is the 35th anniversary of Mario in September and a number of remasters are heavily rumored but it's especially interesting that Cloud is here too. Also, the Zelda Amiibo dump is REALLY interesting because it potentially gives credit to one of two rumors: Nintendo really was going to try to make BotW2 a 2020 release and, one from about two weeks ago from one of my friends that has their own insider friend network, the rumor of a Zelda Remaster collection with Ocarina of Time being the one Nintendo parades around the most. It's kind of an "OH" moment because Remasters/Remakes have been the cornerstone of rumors since November and I didn't want to share the Zelda bit until more came out to suggest it was possibly true. Something, something, "good things come to those that wait" I guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom