• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
So, a potential bombshell: Something fun to mull over since the Best Buy leak in February did correctly point to 6 being first party, a new potential oopsie doodle happened with a Polish game retailer today, showing listings for a good number of Smash Amiibo rereleases in September:

-Mario
-Luigi
-Ryu
-Link
-Zelda
-Ganondorf
-Young Link
-Both versions of Cloud

https://ultima.pl/search/?keywords=Amiibo&page=1

We already know that this is the 35th anniversary of Mario in September and a number of remasters are heavily rumored but it's especially interesting that Cloud is here too. Also, the Zelda Amiibo dump is REALLY interesting because it potentially gives credit to one of two rumors: Nintendo really was going to try to make BotW2 a 2020 release and, one from about two weeks ago from one of my friends that has their own insider friend network, the rumor of a Zelda Remaster collection with Ocarina of Time being the one Nintendo parades around the most. It's kind of an "OH" moment because Remasters/Remakes have been the cornerstone of rumors since November and I didn't want to share the Zelda bit until more came out to suggest it was possibly true. Something, something, "good things come to those that wait" I guess.
Those feel like placeholder dates, theres no way they restock 29 amiibo on the same day.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Hmm...you guys have any other characters you would support if Geno becomes playable?
Sora and Crash

Paper Mario is my number 1 first party pick though

Like I said, probably an LTO based on how Sora has been treated as past DLC. He'd be available for a month or two which is just as well since that's plenty of time for the people who want him to get him. Truth be told, most of the DLC sales are probably in the first two weeks of their release anyways so it's not like Sora would be shorthanded if he was only available for a short time.
Everyone harps on World of Final Fantasy but I think that's the exception as opposed to the rule. I don't see Sakurai agreeing to make Sora a limited time offer and then he's gone forever; he wants Smash to be for everyone, and it can't be for everyone is there's a character you just can't get after a certain time.

Also it would be hell for tournament players if say someone mains Sora and they end up on a setup that doesn't have him because that person just didn't get him in time.

I don't buy Sora being a LTO, he'd either be available like the rest or not at all

Last edited:

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
So, a potential bombshell: Something fun to mull over since the Best Buy leak in February did correctly point to 6 being first party, a new potential oopsie doodle happened with a Polish game retailer today, showing listings for a good number of Smash Amiibo rereleases in September:

-Mario
-Luigi
-Ryu
-Link
-Zelda
-Ganondorf
-Young Link
-Both versions of Cloud

We already know that this is the 35th anniversary of Mario in September and a number of remasters are heavily rumored but it's especially interesting that Cloud is here too. Also, the Zelda Amiibo dump is REALLY interesting because it potentially gives credit to one of two rumors: Nintendo really was going to try to make BotW2 a 2020 release and, one from about two weeks ago from one of my friends that has their own insider friend network, the rumor of a Zelda Remaster collection with Ocarina of Time being the one Nintendo parades around the most. It's kind of an "OH" moment because Remasters/Remakes have been the cornerstone of rumors since November and I didn't want to share the Zelda bit until more came out to suggest it was possibly true. Something, something, "good things come to those that wait" I guess.
oh my goodness, we need Ocarina in HD.

what do you think this insinuates for Cloud though, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice ?

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Clearly, they are re-releasing Mario, Luigi and Cloud amiibos to celebrate Nintendo and Square's ability to collaborate again and with the release of Geno as fighter 77 in September.

Or something about bananas.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman

-Mario
-Luigi
-Ryu
-Link
-Zelda
-Ganondorf
-Young Link
-Both versions of Cloud

If you can answer this, is it the original N64 game or the 3DS remaster?

StarLight42

Smash Lord

-Mario
-Luigi
-Ryu
-Link
-Zelda
-Ganondorf
-Young Link
-Both versions of Cloud

but what would be the other remasters? I always envisioned Nintendo releasing Wind Waker and Twilight Princess as 60 dollar individual ports

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Those feel like placeholder dates, theres no way they restock 29 amiibo on the same day.
Probably not but the timing is extremely interesting, along with the fact of which Amiibo they're rereleasing. The Zelda ones are the realistic main Zelda characters, Mario is Mario,Luigi, Peach and... Boo, and Splatoon is there too but no Smash Inkling. Cloud and Ryu being rereleased with these first party dumps is particularly interesting too. Cloud may very well zone in on 7 being Square Enix but why is Ryu there? Only thing I can think of is Ryu is liscensed under Capcom USA, potentially suggesting he's being rereleased with a western character. As you said, that's a ton of Amiibo for a single day and may be an indication of two even three future Amiibo waves.

Kremling Kommander Kremling Kommander I don't know. My friend pointed out to me that rumor that was passed along to them and the fact Nintendo recently renewed the copyrights of a bunch of Zelda stuff. I also remember Aonuma heavily entertaining a Skyward Sword Remaster back in 2018 so, if I had to guess based on the Amiibo rereleases, Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword HD in one package but that's just a guess.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword HD in one package but that's just a guess.
Imagine making a Zelda collection but having one "good" game on it and two really mediocre ones. (inb4 I get a lot of flak for saying that, lol) There's so many better options to choose from, ree.

Anyway, I'm weirdly kinda hoping they say something about SMRPG on Wednesday. That'd be neat. "Happy 24th" (*in America*) or something like they did 2 years ago. But I doubt they will.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
that seems like it would screw them out of porting Wind Waker

like, the consumer would think “wow, what a ripoff, 60 dollars for just Wind Waker or 60 dollars for Ocarina, Twilight, Skyward”

of course the Mario remasters already kinda have the same effect, but it’s not like they already have an HD Remaster of Sunshine that they can just port from Wii U, and Mario games are rarely remade/remastered to begin with

Polarthief

Smash Lord
“wow, what a ripoff, 60 dollars for just Wind Waker or 60 dollars for Ocarina, Twilight, Skyward”
Honestly, I'd probably buy Wind Waker if those were my options...

of course the Mario remasters already kinda have the same effect, but it’s not like they already have an HD Remaster of Sunshine that they can just port from Wii U, and Mario games are rarely remade/remastered to begin with
Most of the Mario games also aren't huge grand adventures, which makes me greatly doubt the idea of a Zelda collection when they just remade-and-sold LA by itself for $60. It's why I think SMAS2 (since none of them are course-clear Marios and are all exploratory adventures) is too good to be true and they'd probably just be a bunch of separate games for $60 each, whereas All-Stars on SNES were 4 (5 in the updated SMW version) course-clear games with 16-bit grayfix.

I wonder what other remasters might be in the pipeline at this point
Probs Diamond & Pearl remakes for Pokemon at some point. Wouldn't be surprised if next year since Pokemon loves its yearly releases.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Probably not but the timing is extremely interesting, along with the fact of which Amiibo they're rereleasing. The Zelda ones are the realistic main Zelda characters, Mario is Mario,Luigi, Peach and... Boo, and Splatoon is there too but no Smash Inkling. Cloud and Ryu being rereleased with these first party dumps is particularly interesting too. Cloud may very well zone in on 7 being Square Enix but why is Ryu there? Only thing I can think of is Ryu is liscensed under Capcom USA, potentially suggesting he's being rereleased with a western character. As you said, that's a ton of Amiibo for a single day and may be an indication of two even three future Amiibo waves.

Kremling Kommander Kremling Kommander I don't know. My friend pointed out to me that rumor that was passed along to them and the fact Nintendo recently renewed the copyrights of a bunch of Zelda stuff. I also remember Aonuma heavily entertaining a Skyward Sword Remaster back in 2018 so, if I had to guess based on the Amiibo rereleases, Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword HD in one package but that's just a guess.
So what you’re saying is BotW 2 is coming this year and 7 and 8 really are Geno and Doomguy and there is actually an end to this ceaseless nightmare?

It’s a good day.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Another reason I bring this up is because my NoA ambassador friend heavily suggested back in the fall that E3 2020 was very heavily going to focus on Mario and Zelda. Of course, BotW2 was already announced and Mario's Mario so it was like "no ****..." but as time has gone on it's morphed into "no ****?!?" as these little things have come out. I always figured it would be BoTW2 and a surprise Mario game but then stuff started piling up especially for Mario. This is yet another reason why I was predicting Geno for 6 or 7 even before Season 2 was formally announced because "something" noteworthy and Mario was supposedly teased to NoA employees for E3 2020 practically as soon as E3 2019 wrapped up.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Another reason I bring this up is because my NoA ambassador friend heavily suggested back in the fall that E3 2020 was very heavily going to focus on Mario and Zelda. Of course, BotW2 was already announced and Mario's Mario so it was like "no ****..." but as time has gone on it's morphed into "no ****?!?" as these little things have come out. I always figured it would be BoTW2 and a surprise Mario game but then stuff started piling up especially for Mario. This is yet another reason why I was predicting Geno for 6 or 7 even before Season 2 was formally announced because "something" noteworthy and Mario was supposedly teased to NoA employees for E3 2020 practically as soon as E3 2019 wrapped up.
And it'd be smart to follow up a heavy Mario focus with a Mario character like Geno for FP2... and then another Mario character, like WAH, for a bonus. ;) Inb4 we don't get #8 revealed, but we do get Wah as Bonus #2 (Plant being the first).

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So what you’re saying is BotW 2 is coming this year and 7 and 8 really are Geno and Doomguy and there is actually an end to this ceaseless nightmare?

It’s a good day.
I've been saying it since November or so but everything I've heard is that Nintendo was going to try its damnest to make BotW2 a 2020 release and I feel this adds credibility to the idea that it's still their plan even in the face of Corona. Mario and Square Amiibo being rereleased in the same time frame is a hell of a coincidence but as a fanbase we could practically sell coincidences like boxes of Girl Scout cookies and afford a vacation to Disney World at this point. I don't want to go too much into Doom Guy because I'm not super confident in him and Ryu's Amiibo rerelease really does stick out like a sore thumb here, especially with no signs of Ken but Young Link despite being in the same original wave.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I've been saying it since November or so but everything I've heard is that Nintendo was going to try its damnest to make BotW2 a 2020 release and I feel this adds credibility to the idea that it's still their plan even in the face of Corona. Mario and Square Amiibo being rereleased in the same time frame is a hell of a coincidence but as a fanbase we could practically sell coincidences like boxes of Girl Scout cookies and afford a vacation to Disney World at this point. I don't want to go too much into Doom Guy because I'm not super confident in him and Ryu's Amiibo rerelease really does stick out like a sore thumb here, especially with no signs of Ken but Young Link despite being in the same original wave.
Any rumors about DLC characters' amiibo. I hope we hear about Hero-Byleth amiibo before the end of the year.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Any rumors about DLC characters' amiibo. I hope we hear about Hero-Byleth amiibo before the end of the year.
I think it's the same situation as the Best Buy leak back in February: brand new Amiibo announcements are going to be held off until their respective presentations to avoid spoilers. I used that leak to supplement rumors and my own theory that 6 would be first party and that wound up true. Now we have the very likely prospect of multiple Amiibo waves with Mario, Zelda, Splatoon, Square and... Ryu for some reason as the focus. The timing suggests that these will be tied to summer announcements and some will likely be connected to 7, possibly even 8 too.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
I think it's the same situation as the Best Buy leak back in February: brand new Amiibo announcements are going to be held off until their respective presentations to avoid spoilers. I used that leak to supplement rumors and my own theory that 6 would be first party and that wound up true. Now we have the very likely prospect of multiple Amiibo waves with Mario, Zelda, Splatoon, Square and... Ryu for some reason as the focus. The timing suggests that these will be tied to summer announcements and some will likely be connected to 7, possibly even 8 too.
Could Ryu potentially hint to another Capcom character like Dante?

axel_

Smash Journeyman
and very close to Nintendo? Neither Rabbids, Cuphead, Sans, or Assasin Creed is. Especially Assasins Creed concidering its not the sort of IP you think of when you think of Nintendo.
I was saying Banjo and Byleth were. :|

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't think so. If Dante is coming I think his third party companion is going to be Bayonetta because they're both creations of Kamiya. I imagine Dante would also come with several sword character rereleases. Mario, Luigi, and Cloud being rereleased with playable Geno and Hero's Amiibo makes too much sense to me. Banjo's Amiibo probably going to have the Kongs and Duck Hunt at the very least. Ryu may just be Ryu and not fit in thematically too.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Given we're talking about Square Enix and everything, I figured I'd share a theory one of the guys I talk to has regarding potential bonus characters. I said it the other day but one of their theories based on what I've shared with them is that bonus characters would come with a Mii costume or two and one or two pieces of music specifically tied to the playable character and one of the Mii costumes. For example, the first idea they pitched at me was playable Waluigi with the heavily rumored Gooigi Mii costume and a track from Luigi's Mansion 3. Another theory they have is that there is going to be one third party bonus character and they're hard stuck on it being Sora.

I bring this up because I know there has been a lot of headbutting between the Geno and Sora fanbases since like, well, 2005 but it's an interesting potential compromise. If Sora was a bonus, it would probably be similar to how he was in World of Final Fantasy, an LTO because that's all Disney was willing to agree to. That said, Sora as a "bonus" wouldn't be a new concept and would be a loophole from Disney having to approve a whole pack. In a way it would theoretically be like Corrin in Smash 4, a playable character with two music tracks. Again, this wouldn't be unprecedented because Sora basically came as himself in World of Final Fantasy and little else. I want to emphasize that I'm only bringing this up as a hypothetical and a possible tie in to both Geno and Sora being part of the "Seven Squares" back in 2018.
I don't think they'd include Sora, or any character for that matter, as a limited time offer. Imagine paying ~40 dollarydoos for a pass that promises 6 fighters only for one of them to solely be available for a limited time and never again. That would suck massive hairy testicles and I highly doubt Sakurai would settle for or even consider that.

-Mario
-Luigi
-Ryu
-Link
-Zelda
-Ganondorf
-Young Link
-Both versions of Cloud

Mario amiibos and both Cloud amiibos could be pointing to something Mario related that is also SquareEnix related. Not sure what that could be, though. :ultpacman:
As for Ryu, perhaps it could be a sign that Heihachi is coming. I mean, Street Fighter and Tekken have crossed over several times, the Heihachi Mii Costume reveal for Smash 4 had Ryu in it, and much like Geno's Costume we've still yet to see that costume return despite there being a perfect opprotunity with Terry. Perhaps reprinting Ryu's amiibo could be in anticipation of Heihachi finally joining Smash.

Also, Polarthief Polarthief
PolarthiefWriteThatDown.png

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Mario and Square Amiibo being rereleased in the same time frame is a hell of a coincidence but as a fanbase we could practically sell coincidences like boxes of Girl Scout cookies and afford a vacation to Disney World at this point.
"B-but, just because Square and Mario Amiibo are being restocked together doesn't mean Geno's coming!"

and... Ryu for some reason as the focus.
Capcom rep could be #8 maybe?

Beat me to it, whoops.

Mario amiibos and both Cloud amiibos could be pointing to something Mario related that is also SquareEnix related. Not sure what that could be, though. :ultpacman:
As for Ryu, perhaps it could be a sign that Heihachi is coming. I mean, Street Fighter and Tekken have crossed over several times, the Heihachi Mii Costume reveal for Smash 4 had Ryu in it, and much like Geno's Costume we've still yet to see that costume return despite there being a perfect opprotunity with Terry.

Also, @Polarthief
Boo I gotchu. Totally ready for another addition to The List™. The List™ has been updated. :)
PS to anyone: If I did any oopsies, feel free to correct me. I'm just some dumbutt who isn't the best with words so if you want The List™ to look nicer, by all means.

Last edited:

axel_

Smash Journeyman
I don't think so. If Dante is coming I think his third party companion is going to be Bayonetta because they're both creations of Kamiya. I imagine Dante would also come with several sword character rereleases. Mario, Luigi, and Cloud being rereleased with playable Geno and Hero's Amiibo makes too much sense to me. Banjo's Amiibo probably going to have the Kongs and Duck Hunt at the very least. Ryu may just be Ryu and not fit in thematically too.
If (and that's a very strong if) we get Dante then that's gonna be his strongest selling point: After so much anticipation, we finally get Dante vs. Bayonetta in an official setting.

MattX20

Smash Hero
The Amiibo rereleases are certainly going to be noteworthy once we get a proper idea of how the DLC amiibos are going to be released in 2020

Last edited:

cosmicB

Smash Ace
Yeah, and Hero had less than everyone else. The chocobo hat and Geno costume are pretty much free money, so why not have them? The answer to that (IMO) is that Geno and Chocobo got moved up into a second Squenix fighter's set- I and many others believe this to be Geno.

Also, it's worth noting that Geno came with a Final Fantasy character, so Squenix are evidently OK with showing multiple IPs in one go.
The problem with this line of thinking is it doesn't take into account the other entities involved with Dragon Quest. It's not some "hey, it's all Squeenix, so that means everything's good, right?" kind of deal. Armor Project is involved too, which while not to the same extent, has a similar thing going on with the split rights between Nintendo, Game Freak and TPC when it comes to Pokemon. There are also certain individuals like Sugiyama that hold a disproportionate amount of power over the IPs.

As I said before, it's just as reasonable to think the "missing" costumes with Hero was Sugiyama saying "this presentation needs to be ONLY Dragon Quest or you can't use my music" as it is to think other costumes were being "held back". There's really no comparison between this and Cloud coming with Geno when there isn't some crotchedy "auteur" holding power over Geno's depictions.

Last edited:

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Mario, Luigi, and Cloud being rereleased with playable Geno and Hero's Amiibo makes too much sense to me.
Speaking of DLC Amiibo, does this mean you think Joker's is coming soon?
If (and that's a very strong if) we get Dante then that's gonna be his strongest selling point: After so much anticipation, we finally get Dante vs. Bayonetta in an official setting.
I always thought that Dante's strongest selling points would be that pro players would make him look like Cutscene Dante and he would hopefully have long, crazy, stylish combos (also his voicelines would be funny, befitting the wacky woohoo pizza man). There's so many reasons to want him!

MattX20

Smash Hero
Geno doesn't have the convoluted legal shenanigans FF and DQ do, especially when it comes to music. I've a hard time believing Sakurai would have difficulty in negotiating for him

Last edited:

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Just asking, is the Mario amiibo, besides Boo, from Smash? Or just Mario Amiibo in general?
Sorry if this was already answered.

cosmicB

Smash Ace
Like I said, probably an LTO based on how Sora has been treated as past DLC. He'd be available for a month or two which is just as well since that's plenty of time for the people who want him to get him. Truth be told, most of the DLC sales are probably in the first two weeks of their release anyways so it's not like Sora would be shorthanded if he was only available for a short time.
This would 100% be a disaster for the competitive community of the game and I know at least 3 top players that would outright drop the series if Sakurai let this happen.

The controversy isn't worth it and I'd be shocked if it actually happened, but I guess Nintendo is no stranger to bone-headed moves.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Just asking, is the Mario amiibo, besides Boo, from Smash? Or just Mario Amiibo in general?
Sorry if this was already answered.
It's both, for both Mario and Luigi. Also there's way more in there on that list than what Fatman said, such as Peach, Splatoon, and some other Zelda monsters; besides Splatoon though, it's just more Mario/Zelda stuff.

Last edited:

Nicnac

Smash Ace
As I said before, it's just as reasonable to think the "missing" costumes with Hero was Sugiyama saying "this presentation needs to be ONLY Dragon Quest or you can't use my music" as it is to think other costumes were being "held back". There's really no comparison between this and Cloud coming with Geno when there isn't some crotchedy "auteur" holding power over Geno's depictions.
I disagree. It's more reasonable to think that Geno and Chocobo follow a pattern of missing Smash 4 costumes returning later (ideally attached to Geno himself) than it is to believe that Sugiyama has power over what Mii Costumes are implemented or not into the game. Missing Smash 4 costumes returning is a proven pattern, and so it would be reasonable to believe that Geno and Chocobo are no exception to said pattern. Believing that Sugiyama not only has the power to bar Mii Costumes unrelated to his franchise's compositions, but did indeed bar Geno and Chocobo's costumes from returning is unreasonable, in my opinion, especially when I don't think there's any evidence to your claim.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I disagree. It's more reasonable to think that Geno and Chocobo follow a pattern of missing Smash 4 costumes returning later (ideally attached to Geno himself) than it is to believe that Sugiyama has power over what Mii Costumes are implemented or not into the game. Missing Smash 4 costumes returning is a proven pattern, and so it would be reasonable to believe that Geno and Chocobo are no exception to said pattern. Believing that Sugiyama not only has the power to bar Mii Costumes unrelated to his franchise's compositions, but did indeed bar Geno and Chocobo's costumes from returning is unreasonable, in my opinion, especially when I don't think there's any evidence to your claim.
Which is great, because Geno coming also gives more evidence to Lloyd returning, and then I'd get my #1, #2, and #6 top picks in Ultimate.

Also, even if Sugiyama was barring the Geno costume from returning, or even if the costume did return with Hero, it wouldn't mean Geno is guaranteed not coming anyway. Hurt his chances? Yeah, but doesn't knock him out completely. Regardless, he dodged Hero, so he's looking great.

Last edited:

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Which is great, because Geno coming also gives more evidence to Lloyd returning, and then I'd get my #1, #2, and #6 top picks in Ultimate.

Also, even if Sugiyama was barring the Geno costume from returning, and even if the costume did return with Hero, it wouldn't mean Geno is guaranteed not coming anyway. Hurt his chances? Yeah, but doesn't knock him out completely. Regardless, he dodged Hero, so he's looking great.
Completely agreed. About 11 months ago, at E3, I don't think I'm alone in that I viewed Hero as a Geno Killer. Despite that, he's just kept on truckin'. Missing that Mii Costume was a revival of optimism among us, no doubt.

cosmicB

Smash Ace
It's not just Sugiyama, it's Horii and Armor Project as well. Square Enix isn't just an umbrella where talking with the higher-ups there means they speak for every subsidiary and partner. They have to go through multiple pipelines for any kind of agreement to be reached. IIRC, Sakurai is friends with Yuji Horii, and Armor Project is autonomous enough on its own to only really require his permission outside of certain "unwritten rules" like the Heroes not being allowed to fight each other and just an overall sign-off needed from Matsuda. It isn't impossible that whoever was spoken to did not have the authority for non-DQ content.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Completely agreed. About 11 months ago, at E3, I don't think I'm alone in that I viewed Hero as a Geno Killer. Despite that, he's just kept on truckin'. Missing that Mii Costume was a revival of optimism among us, no doubt.
Yeah I got pretty worried, though hey I at least got BK, then the Mii wave came and holy crap no Geno costume LET'S GOOOOOOOOO~

He's in, he's gotta be, and if he's not, I'm gonna feel like the biggest idiot for putting all my confidence in it. BUT IT'S OKAY, BECAUSE HE'S IN. ;)

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Geno's Mii would of came back with Hero.
Sugiuyama, Horii, nor Armor Project would have nothing to do with that.
SquareEnix is one company, many people forget this when it comes to discussion, there is no reason to split the Mii's up, and if this is really because "They wanted it to be only Dragon Quest", they would of played the Dragon Quest music during the Mii Presentation.

Also, they would have no reason to do that, there would be no point in stressing out the team so much to delay Mii costumes for no reason.

Also also, Joker, which is owned by Atlus, which is owned by Sega, still got the old Sonic Mii's.
And Hero, oddly enough only has 4 Mii Costumes when, they only have 2 left, adding those back would make 6, the perfect amount.

They wouldn't allow a request to stop Mii costumes and wait over a year to add it back when they could of, easily, added it back any time.
Also, the overwhelming amount of evidence pointing to another Square rep is, really, amazing.
Also also, Geno's Mii being missing on any fronts, then having Mallow and Smithy Miis leak, showed a sign that, when FP2 was greenlit, they went with Geno to be the rep.

Either way, it's a good situation.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
LMAO, this Mario and Square Amiibo theory is stupid. As someone who's seen the Grinch Leak crash and burn despite conicidences, Cloud getting reprinted alongside Mario means jack.

Cloud's an expensive amiibo right now. The Mario ones tend to not be nearly as expensive. It makes sense for Nintendo to reprint a rare amiibo alongside the more common ones. It's a reasonable explanation of why Cloud specifically got chosen.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
LMAO, this Mario and Square Amiibo theory is stupid. As someone who's seen the Grinch Leak crash and burn despite conicidences, Cloud getting reprinted alongside Mario means jack.

Cloud's an expensive amiibo right now. The Mario ones tend to not be nearly as expensive. It makes sense for Nintendo to reprint a rare amiibo alongside the more common ones. It's a reasonable explanation of why Cloud specifically got chosen.
Bro, cool your jets, some of us do this for fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom