• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Skull Kid and Geno would be perfect rivals since they’re both puppets in a way.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I still think Impa deserves the spot but that's just me. No one else rooting for her :(
I don't think she's in a good spot with zero consistent designs. Ganondorf had one design at the time, which helped. Though I wonder if he'd be the WW or TP design if he debuted in Brawl. I'd honestly say WW cause there was a full-out unique moveset to work with. TP was more badass in some ways. But also kind of boring beyond that. I felt like he ruined TP's story a bit. He needed way better writing. Zant was outright lovable for who he was. He was super interesting. To put it into comparison, WW Tingle was more interesting than TP Ganondorf. Weirdest thing is WW Tingle actually did a lot of evil acts by definition in WW too. He literally made slaves out of his brother. WW Ganondorf on the other hand had some clear motivation for saving his Gerudo heritage. He in the end went insane, but it's clear there was something good within his heart by that point. I have a feeling if they return that version of Ganondorf, he's going to no longer have to worry about the curse of Demise too. Not that he'd turn good, but he'd have the real choice of being who he wants to be.

To get back to Impa, I honestly vastly prefer her Oracle design. Not just cause she's a larger woman, but she's be the first elderly-esque woman in Smash ever. She also has a clearly strong physique and doesn't lack the ability to fight at all. It also helps if you were to think 'spirits disconfirm', she doesn't have a spirit. Fun coincidence at that. With no other usable Impa coming lately, it could be incidentally a good way to promote the remakes.

I admit I'd be fine with either Tingle, and I'm sure it'd be Toon Tingle if he was Ultimate DLC too. Since it's his most unique design and he has a lot more unique expressions along with that. I think it's more popular than his MM design, but it's hard to say.

All good. I gave a like; wasn't really sure how else to respond. :)
Yeah. I missed a literal u. XD

Polarthief

Smash Lord
To get back to Impa, I honestly vastly prefer her Oracle design. Not just cause she's a larger woman, but she's be the first elderly-esque woman in Smash ever. She also has a clearly strong physique and doesn't lack the ability to fight at all.
Bruh, yes, I actually did like her Oracle design, but what do you mean she doesn't lack the ability to fight? She didn't do much in the Oracle games, except get possessed by Veran in OoA.

Also yes, more elderly and/or plus-sized people. Everyone loves diversity, dunno why they don't chime in for that (AND TWINTELLE FOR GOSH DANG SAKE).

With no other usable Impa coming lately, it could be incidentally a good way to promote the remakes.
Wait, what? Remakes? Remakes of what now? Oracle games getting a remake? I hand my money to who now?
(is it also weird that I wasn't a big fan of LA, but absolutely adore the Oracle games?)

I don't think she's in a good spot with zero consistent designs
Plus lacking popularity, but yeah. I'd want her since she's been the longest-running character in the series, after Link, Zelda, and Ganon (Ganondorf actually making way less appearances than just Ganon), and honestly, she's just underappreciated as a character.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
My choice for a new Zelda Rep is............Ganon. Just Ganon as his Pig Form. Im still not satisfied with Ganondorf's current kit, but it's clear it's not gonna change anytime soon, so i'll rather start from scratch by giving us a badass pig trident-wielding villain based on his design of A Link to the Past and similar games. "another from of an already existing character be damned". I want to beat up players as a Demonic Pig with Trident and Magic.

Don't tell me this doesn't look badass:

He actually hasn't been an Assist Trophy since Brawl. In Ultiamte, Tingle is just a cameo on Great Bay.
Achktualle, he was an AT in Smash 4:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Bruh, yes, I actually did like her Oracle design, but what do you mean she doesn't lack the ability to fight? She didn't do much in the Oracle games, except get possessed by Veran in OoA.

Also yes, more elderly and/or plus-sized people. Everyone loves diversity, dunno why they don't chime in for that (AND TWINTELLE FOR GOSH DANG SAKE).
It's just what I mean. She looks completely realistic to fight. It's only her elderly woman forms with a cane that doesn't look remotely plausible. She also literally shows off her muscles in artwork if I remember right. She's clearly the right physique.

Wait, what? Remakes? Remakes of what now? Oracle games getting a remake? I hand my money to who now?
(is it also weird that I wasn't a big fan of LA, but absolutely adore the Oracle games?)
I'm saying that's the reason I could believe her getting in, for promotional reasons. Specifically that design.

Plus lacking popularity, but yeah. I'd want her since she's been the longest-running character in the series, after Link, Zelda, and Ganon (Ganondorf actually making way less appearances than just Ganon), and honestly, she's just underappreciated as a character.
With Tingle the fifth, respectively. Well, enemy mooks too technically. I think part of the issue is besides inconsistent designs is that she's also less notable than the other parts of the cast. Tingle got his own games, putting him more notable. Zelda did too, despite, well, yeahhhhh. Ganondorf nor Ganon has yet to, but they're the main freaking antagonist anyway. Plus, Zelda had a starring role in the TV show as a fighter, so that helps too to cement her as a notable person beyond "lol save the princess".

I know you don't like advertisement picks, but I do think they help some characters or may be their only change. Geno isn't one of these cases as he has mass fan demand behind him.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Skull Kid and Geno would be perfect rivals since they’re both puppets in a way.
If there was one Death Battle I wanted to see, it would be Geno/♥♪!? vs Skull Kid/Majora for sure.

-Both playing in prominent roles in only one game that is beloved by their respective fandoms
-Both powerful deities that use a wooden vessel to accomplish tasks
-One is pure good and the other is pure evil
-Both are incredibly popular and well received on their own
-Evenly matched Nintendo character vs Nintendo character match up

There are several reasons why I feel like Geno and Skull Kid are very similar to one another and would make a really great match.

I do think ♥♪!? at his full potential (with 7 Stars) would probably beat Majora though like he did when evaporating Exor. Just don't tell fellow Smashboards user Mr.Nintendo I said that ;]

Polarthief

Smash Lord
My choice for a new Zelda Rep is............Ganon. Just Ganon as his Pig Form.
I want this too, but final smash/"it's another ganondorf" typically keeps him out of discussion. Everyone going ape over Skull Kid (eh) and Midna (literally why) instead. Hell I love MM (easily in my top 5 Zeldas) and I don't even care for Skull Kid.

It's just what I mean. She looks completely realistic to fight. It's only her elderly woman forms with a cane that doesn't look remotely plausible. She also literally shows off her muscles in artwork if I remember right. She's clearly the right physique.
Lemme see if I can find it...

Impa_(Oracle_of_Ages_&_Oracle_of_Seasons).png

..WHAT THE HELL WHO HAS BEEN HIDING THIS FROM ME?!
Man her sprite does NOT do this artwork justice.

I'm saying that's the reason I could believe her getting in, for promotional reasons. Specifically that design.
Were... were there rumors of Oracle remakes though? Good lord my poor wallet gonna cry this year. Crying enough from what's going on already >_>;

With Tingle the fifth, respectively. Well, enemy mooks too technically. I think part of the issue is besides inconsistent designs is that she's also less notable than the other parts of the cast. Tingle got his own games, putting him more notable. Zelda did too, despite, well, yeahhhhh. Ganondorf nor Ganon has yet to, but they're the main freaking antagonist anyway. Plus, Zelda had a starring role in the TV show as a fighter, so that helps too to cement her as a notable person beyond "lol save the princess".
True, I just think that since Impa's been here literally more than Ganondorf at this point, she should get a spot, but sadly, she's always overlooked.

I know you don't like advertisement picks, but I do think they help some characters or may be their only change. Geno isn't one of these cases as he has mass fan demand behind him.
I wasn't saying "grr advertisements bad", I was saying blatant shilling is bad. Byleth = blatant shilling. Urshifu would be blatant shilling. ARMS... isn't quite blatant. They obviously do want to push ARMS to be a bigger game than it is, and as such, the ARMS rep is an ad character, but people were curious about why SM was an AT instead of a fighter. It just seemed obvious to put him in base. They are shilling ARMS, but I don't see the rep as a blatant shill, just a half shill (e.g., an "advertisement character that was still requested"). Now if they actually went full madlad and put an ARMS 2 rep in, that would definitely be a blatant shill.

I just have a problem with characters who get put in purely because they're an ad, despite no one wanting them. Hell, make Geno into a mega ad for SMRPG on NSO, a remake/remaster, and a new Paper Mario game coming out. I wouldn't care how hard he's being pushed as an ad because he's still a highly-requested character. Give Wah his very own game and push him super hardcore. I'd be fine with it because he's still highly-requested. Very few were asking for Byleth; even fans of FE, even FE:3H such as myself wasn't asking for them. NO ONE is asking for Urshifu when there's tons of favorites (even from Gen 8) to pick over them (Tox. Tri. Ci. Ty.).

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I like the idea of more generic game enemies getting into Smash after Pirahna Plant. But Geno gets priority over other Mario characters in what I'd want to see.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
I think the general reaction to Geno and Waluigi would be good because, despite their fair share of haters, there's plenty of people that actually want them. At worst Geno would probably be whined about as much as Isabelle or Pac-Man and then most people would get over it.
Wait, there were people actually complaining about Pac Man? I could have sworn it was all positive reactions.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Lemme see if I can find it...

View attachment 270305

..WHAT THE HELL WHO HAS BEEN HIDING THIS FROM ME?!
Man her sprite does NOT do this artwork justice.
It does few justice, yeah. That said, I did add her to my personal Fighter's Pass 2. ...To say the least, ARMS already made Scorpion wrong. Though I guess he could happen still.

Were... were there rumors of Oracle remakes though? Good lord my poor wallet gonna cry this year. Crying enough from what's going on already >_>;
No. It's just those are the only reason I'd believe this form has a chance.

True, I just think that since Impa's been here literally more than Ganondorf at this point, she should get a spot, but sadly, she's always overlooked.
It feels like it's been bad timing. OOT she couldn't fit into Melee. She's nowhere in TP/WW, and the Oracle design probably wouldn't be that favorable. Worth noting she's still elderly here, and it's actually known in Japan that over a certain age of 30 women become "unsavory". This actually got multiple characters cut in Soul Calibur. Ivy kept her spot because she was cursed to stay looking young forever by the Soul Edge. I'm not joking. Japan can get sexist very easily.

I wasn't saying "grr advertisements bad", I was saying blatant shilling is bad. Byleth = blatant shilling. Urshifu would be blatant shilling. ARMS... isn't quite blatant. They obviously do want to push ARMS to be a bigger game than it is, and as such, the ARMS rep is an ad character, but people were curious about why SM was an AT instead of a fighter. It just seemed obvious to put him in base. They are shilling ARMS, but I don't see the rep as a blatant shill, just a half shill (e.g., an "advertisement character that was still requested"). Now if they actually went full madlad and put an ARMS 2 rep in, that would definitely be a blatant shill.
If you don't know, I say shill means "advertisement with no other purpose". Byleth feels like that's her whole reason to be chosen, to advertise just the 3H DLC. So I can agree with that. I dislike the term since it always sounds so immature to me. Nonetheless, fair.

I just have a problem with characters who get put in purely because they're an ad, despite no one wanting them. Hell, make Geno into a mega ad for SMRPG on NSO, a remake/remaster, and a new Paper Mario game coming out. I wouldn't care how hard he's being pushed as an ad because he's still a highly-requested character. Give Wah his very own game and push him super hardcore. I'd be fine with it because he's still highly-requested. Very few were asking for Byleth; even fans of FE, even FE:3H such as myself wasn't asking for them. NO ONE is asking for Urshifu when there's tons of favorites (even from Gen 8) to pick over them (Tox. Tri. Ci. Ty.).
...I have a feeling Waluigi has no chance for his own game whether he'd get in or not. Sadly.

Nonetheless, I get ya.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
I like the idea of more generic game enemies getting into Smash after Pirahna Plant. But Geno gets priority over other Mario characters in what I'd want to see.
To put this back into SMRPG related for as second, can we talk about how out there (in a good way) the enemies were? Sure we all talk about Major characters and bosses, but some of the enemies in this game are really unique.

Like in the Kero Sewers, you see this Ghost-like dark entity called Shadow, and he's one of my favorites. You don't see enemies like that in current Mario games, let alone Mario RPGs. I also love how Shy Guys go around bouncing all the time, but Shy Guys in Mario RPGs are always fun (Chapter 4 of Paper Mario is my favorite because of them)

I want this too, but final smash/"it's another ganondorf" typically keeps him out of discussion. Everyone going ape over Skull Kid (eh) and Midna (literally why) instead. Hell I love MM (easily in my top 5 Zeldas) and I don't even care for Skull Kid.
Well, Chrom shows that it is no longer a problem soooooooo......

Also, if i remember correctly in Smash 4, in the All Star Mode, Ganondorf is listed by his debut in Ocarina of Time and not the OG Legend of Zelda, unlike Link and Zelda. If im honest the whole Final Smash shouldn't even be an argument against him anymore.

If there's any other Zelda character i would want, i would say Vaati. He's a magican that could use dark powers, which is something that i find really appealing. Plus it gives Toon Link some sort of his own arch enemy that's not just Ganon. Unfortunately Vaati is literally barely even remembered, hell he even didn't showed up in Hyrule Warriors which was honestly insulting.

Oh and Hot take, Human Midna > Annoying As Hell Imp Midna, there i said it.

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
If there was one Death Battle I wanted to see, it would be Geno/♥♪!? vs Skull Kid/Majora for sure.

-Both playing in prominent roles in only one game that is beloved by their respective fandoms
-Both powerful deities that use a wooden vessel to accomplish tasks
-One is pure good and the other is pure evil
-Both are incredibly popular and well received on their own
-Evenly matched Nintendo character vs Nintendo character match up

There are several reasons why I feel like Geno and Skull Kid are very similar to one another and would make a really great match.

I do think ♥♪!? at his full potential (with 7 Stars) would probably beat Majora though like he did when evaporating Exor. Just don't tell fellow Smashboards user Mr.Nintendo I said that ;]
My Lord, this is one of the best ideas for a Death Battle that I'd love to see!
Probably the best part is how much of a toss-up this would be.
We need to start spamming this to the Death Battle guys....

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
My Lord, this is one of the best ideas for a Death Battle that I'd love to see!
Probably the best part is how much of a toss-up this would be.
We need to start spamming this to the Death Battle guys....
Probably not spam, but they do have a suggestion form if you want to make a request. Just one though. They specifically don't like spamming.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdLOlKAHrl0y0BYppKsxS9XP5B3HREj8pqdOK73vx_ETpNVVg/viewform

Would be cool to see but they have like 500 different anime sidekicks to get thru first.

♕Pretty Roger♕

God Roger
NNID
RogelioWii
3DS FC
0602-6365-8680
Switch FC
SW-2762-7992-4597
Okay, so i never post here, i love Super Mario RPG but Geno is my least favorite playable character in th game, but i figured this would be place to talk about what happened to me.

So yesterday i had a dream, in it i had woken up and Nintendo had uploaded a mini-direct (like the last one) and i saw there was a Smash character announcement and it had Peach and Daisy in the thumbnail (they are my favorites in Smash so my subconscious did this on purpose, but i remember i was a little mad cause i wanted to see the ARMS rep first, but also really excited cause i love the Mario franchise) and i played the video, the trailer was in-game footage of the Super Mario characters in Smash (Mario, Peach, Daisy, Luigi, etc) and of curse towards the end the announced character appeared and it was Geno, but there was no model, for some reason he was in sprite form. The weirdest part of this is that i started crying of joy as i said i am not really into Geno, but i was so happy, i couldn't believe it.

Thne i woke up with a smile in my face and thought to myself, "oh i was dreaming, wasn't i?" and i really felt the need to tell someone about this, this is the first time in my life where i was super happy crying about something in my dream to the point i almost woke up crying as well, the weirdest thing is Geno is not one of my top choices, so i have been thinking about it a lot. (also the first Smash related dream i've had)

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Just curious, what do you guy's think Geno's reveal trailer should be? Personally, I think it would be really clever to have a trailer where it reenacts Geno's Spirit Battle and a random character is fighting Mario, Bowser Peach, a white Kirby, and finally Sheik. The character defeats Sheik, and it shows a Spirit releasing from the body, and possessing a doll, which turns out to be Geno's doll.

Honestly, this would be the perfect reveal trailer personally, since it would reference both his Spirit Battle and the fact that Geno is literally a Spirit and can possess things.

link2702

Smash Champion
Since everyone has brought up impa a bit....

I simply don’t like that everyone keeps trying to push for her replaing shiek.

I personally also feel she’d be better as a replacement for cloud’s moveset thanks to her skyward sword/Hyrule warriors design, since let’s be real here, whenever smash 6 arrives, we’re losing virtually every 3rd party at least, but why not retain their moves and place em on the next closest first party?

This also leads me to an idea for smash 6. Since we know we’re going to lose a lot of characters, and each smash needs a way to stand apart from each other, why not make the next games focus be about a smaller roster who each have multiple movesets they can choose from? With some characters getting some of the moves from those 3rd parties who couldn’t return, while others get movesets people have wanted for awhile (mage ganon).

Its a way to keep playstyels and movesets alive from characters no longer in game, while also satisfying both those who’ve wanted other characters to have updated moves and those who don’t want old returning characters smash movesets touched.

Anyhow, I’m drifting too far off topic now. To get back...everyone has mentioned what stage they want geno to get, how would folks feel if genos stage was basically a scrolling one where it travels throughout all major locations of smrpg? So it starts at bowsers keep, zooms out after a bit( either turning into the more sprite based original games map, or being fully 3d rendered) travels to mushroom kingdom, sometimes while it’s being attacked, to rose town and forest maze, moleville, etc.

Certain areas would have bosses appear as stage hazards, others would just have different platform layouts.

It would be a way to get as much smrpg content crammed in as possible.

Xehanort1372019

Smash Journeyman
Challenger Pack 6: ARMS

Fighter: Min Min

Stage: Sky Arena

Music:
1.Grand Prix
2.Spring Stadium
3.Ribbon Ring
4.Ninja Collage
5.Ramen Bowl
6.Cinema Deux
7.DNA Lab
8.Sparring Ring
9.[NAME REDACTED]
10.Sky Arena
11.VS Hedlok

Challenger Pack 7: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Fighter: Geno

Stage: Forest Maze

Music:
1.Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
2.Fight Against Monsters
3.Let's Race
4.The Axem Rangers Drop In
5.Weapons Factory

Challenger Pack 8: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Fighter: Rex and Pyra

Stage: Gormott Province

Music:
1.Gormott Province (Day)
2.Gormott Province (Lower Levels/Forest)
3.Gormott Province (Night)
4.The Heroic Adventures
5.Artifice Aion

Challenger Pack 9: Crash Bandicoot

Fighter: Crash Bandicoot

Stage: Wumpa Islands

Music:
1.N. Sanity Beach (Outer)
2.Jungle Rollers/Rolling Stones
3.Boulders/Boulder Dash
4.Papu Papu
5.Hog Wild/Whole Hog
6.Ripper Roo
7.Dr. Nitrus Brio
8.Dr. Neo Cortex
9.Warp Room
10.The Time Twister

Challenger Pack 10: Mario Tennis Aces

Fighter: Waluigi

Stage: Marina Stadium

Music:
1.World Map
2.Temple of Bask
3.Bask Ruins
4.Piranha Plant Forest
5.Snowfall Mountain
6.Mirage Mansion
7.Wario and Waluigi's Theme
8.The Final Battle

Challenger Pack 11: Devil May Cry

Fighter: Dante

Stage: Residential Area

Music:
1.Devil Trigger (Devil May Cry 5)
2.Devil Trigger (Instrumental)
3.Devil Trigger (Duel Shocker)
4.The Haven of my Hell
5.Devil Shocker
6.Unbearable Pressure
7.Dante's Office 7 Hells Battle
8.Cerberus Battle
9.M-3 End
10.Vergil Battle 1
11.Vergil Battle 2
12.Devils Never Cry

I originally had Springman and his stage for Pack 6, but the evidence for her is too big for her. Plus, we need a new female fighter in this DLC.

Crash is 9, cause he's an 90's mascot character. And a BIG western requested!

Also, I feel Llyod and Heihachi will return as Mii costumes. Heihachi for Pack 6, since Arms and Tekken are both 3D fighting games. It explains why it didn't return with Terry. Llyod would come with Rex and Pyra since it would be a good Mii Swordsman costume in the pack, along with the Gil costume.

And for Geno, his Mii costume, the Mallow hat, a Smithy outfit, a Boshi hat, and finally, a Chrono Mii outfit, since he's from a legendary RPG title.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Challenger Pack 6: ARMS

Fighter: Min Min

Stage: Sky Arena

Music:
1.Grand Prix
2.Spring Stadium
3.Ribbon Ring
4.Ninja Collage
5.Ramen Bowl
6.Cinema Deux
7.DNA Lab
8.Sparring Ring
9.[NAME REDACTED]
10.Sky Arena
11.VS Hedlok

Challenger Pack 7: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Fighter: Geno

Stage: Forest Maze

Music:
1.Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
2.Fight Against Monsters
3.Let's Race
4.The Axem Rangers Drop In
5.Weapons Factory

Challenger Pack 8: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Fighter: Rex and Pyra

Stage: Gormott Province

Music:
1.Gormott Province (Day)
2.Gormott Province (Lower Levels/Forest)
3.Gormott Province (Night)
4.The Heroic Adventures
5.Artifice Aion

Challenger Pack 9: Crash Bandicoot

Fighter: Crash Bandicoot

Stage: Wumpa Islands

Music:
1.N. Sanity Beach (Outer)
2.Jungle Rollers/Rolling Stones
3.Boulders/Boulder Dash
4.Papu Papu
5.Hog Wild/Whole Hog
6.Ripper Roo
7.Dr. Nitrus Brio
8.Dr. Neo Cortex
9.Warp Room
10.The Time Twister

Challenger Pack 10: Mario Tennis Aces

Fighter: Waluigi

Stage: Marina Stadium

Music:
1.World Map
2.Temple of Bask
3.Bask Ruins
4.Piranha Plant Forest
5.Snowfall Mountain
6.Mirage Mansion
7.Wario and Waluigi's Theme
8.The Final Battle

Challenger Pack 11: Devil May Cry

Fighter: Dante

Stage: Residential Area

Music:
1.Devil Trigger (Devil May Cry 5)
2.Devil Trigger (Instrumental)
3.Devil Trigger (Duel Shocker)
4.The Haven of my Hell
5.Devil Shocker
6.Unbearable Pressure
7.Dante's Office 7 Hells Battle
8.Cerberus Battle
9.M-3 End
10.Vergil Battle 1
11.Vergil Battle 2
12.Devils Never Cry

I originally had Springman and his stage for Pack 6, but the evidence for her is too big for her. Plus, we need a new female fighter in this DLC.

Crash is 9, cause he's an 90's mascot character. And a BIG western requested!

Also, I feel Llyod and Heihachi will return as Mii costumes. Heihachi for Pack 6, since Arms and Tekken are both 3D fighting games. It explains why it didn't return with Terry. Llyod would come with Rex and Pyra since it would be a good Mii Swordsman costume in the pack, along with the Gil costume.

And for Geno, his Mii costume, the Mallow hat, a Smithy outfit, a Boshi hat, and finally, a Chrono Mii outfit, since he's from a legendary RPG title.
If this was the pass, literally my only complaint would be not enough XC2 music, but aside from that it’d be fantastic

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Just curious, what do you guy's think Geno's reveal trailer should be? Personally, I think it would be really clever to have a trailer where it reenacts Geno's Spirit Battle and a random character is fighting Mario, Bowser Peach, a white Kirby, and finally Sheik. The character defeats Sheik, and it shows a Spirit releasing from the body, and possessing a doll, which turns out to be Geno's doll.

Honestly, this would be the perfect reveal trailer personally, since it would reference both his Spirit Battle and the fact that Geno is literally a Spirit and can possess things.
Plus we get to see more reveal trailers set during World of Light. Win win.

My idea is similar to yours, but instead, it shows the events post World of Light, some Cloud and Hero sparring or something. Then we see a single spirit float down from the sky into a canopy of trees. We then hear bushes bristling as Hero and Cloud stand on thier guard and hear star sounds as this unexpected enemy appears.

Geno descends from the stars!

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Hey, so you know how Cloud's reveal trailer played out in a way that people who know Final Fantasy 7 knew exactly who the character was? With how the music played and the intro of stars was shown before the text "FInal Fantasy"?

Wouldn't it be cool if the moment Geno's trailer starts, you hear this?
People who don't know Super Mario RPG wouldn't know who this would be at first but all of you guys would know right away and scream "Hallelujah! Geno has returned!"

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Since everyone has brought up impa a bit....

I simply don’t like that everyone keeps trying to push for her replaing shiek.

I personally also feel she’d be better as a replacement for cloud’s moveset thanks to her skyward sword/Hyrule warriors design, since let’s be real here, whenever smash 6 arrives, we’re losing virtually every 3rd party at least, but why not retain their moves and place em on the next closest first party?

This also leads me to an idea for smash 6. Since we know we’re going to lose a lot of characters, and each smash needs a way to stand apart from each other, why not make the next games focus be about a smaller roster who each have multiple movesets they can choose from? With some characters getting some of the moves from those 3rd parties who couldn’t return, while others get movesets people have wanted for awhile (mage ganon).

Its a way to keep playstyels and movesets alive from characters no longer in game, while also satisfying both those who’ve wanted other characters to have updated moves and those who don’t want old returning characters smash movesets touched.

Anyhow, I’m drifting too far off topic now. To get back...everyone has mentioned what stage they want geno to get, how would folks feel if genos stage was basically a scrolling one where it travels throughout all major locations of smrpg? So it starts at bowsers keep, zooms out after a bit( either turning into the more sprite based original games map, or being fully 3d rendered) travels to mushroom kingdom, sometimes while it’s being attacked, to rose town and forest maze, moleville, etc.

Certain areas would have bosses appear as stage hazards, others would just have different platform layouts.

It would be a way to get as much smrpg content crammed in as possible.
I think people exaggerate the actual cuts we would see in a hypothetical Smash 6. Don't get me wrong I don't want any character to go and I understand some inevitably would be cut, but I really don't think as many characters would get cut as people think. People have literally begged Sakurai to put their character in Smash. The main problem though would be that Sakurai may not be the director for "Smash 6", but I think Smash has cemented itself well enough as the behemoth that it is that that may not matter.

That being said yes I do think they will have to redirect focus to something other than the roster naturally. Moveset customization and different movesets for characters would be one way to do so although I think it probably wouldn't be where they put their resources as it wouldn't be big enough to really sell a game, but I personally like the idea. I would generally like to see something much greater than Mii fighters in terms of customizable characters. More customization in general is desired with what music you can put where, better stage customization options for those of us who are not good at drawing on the gamepad or with a controller (something like Brawls but way better), etc.

A story mode with cinematics like SSE could be really cool getting to see characters interact who wouldn't normally do so. Recapturing the magic of characters you wouldn't normally see together colliding is essential for Smash 6 to be successful imo. Obviously, better online is a must and all game modes available in online play, arenas, and tournaments. Exodus of old characters could open the door for new ones who wouldn't necessarily otherwise make the cut for what ever reason. Cloud leaving could open the door for other FF characters like Black Mage (did I mention I'm biased for Black Mage?). Street fighter leaving could allow Phoenix in or Sir Arthur or Dante or Chris/Jill/Leon/Wesker (Wesker is my preference I know he wouldn't actually get chosen), etc. Really it just allows the game to redirect to more new universes getting graced by a presence in Smash. The game could even go back to being more Nintendo focused (hopefully not exclusively because Mega Man, Sonic, and Pac Man would be really difficult roster losses for me to swallow). There are plenty of first/party characters that have yet to make the cut: Isaac, Waluigi, BWD, Skull Kid/Midna (and Wolf Link)/Zant/Pig Gannon/Tingle/LoZ rep(s), Birdo, Kamek, several popular Pokemon, Black Shadow, Medusa, Krystal, Dixie Kong, Sylux, Andy (Advance Wars), basically anything not FE.

More game modes would be great but I do think customization options, better online, fan favorite new roster additions, and some kind of story mode are the way to get Smash 6 the power it needs to break through the negativity that will inevitably surround roster cuts. As far as game modes go though I think it would be really cool to have mini games or part of the story where you actually have to play a game similar to the games the characters come from like a platforming shooter like Mega Man, a turn based strategy rpg like Fire Emblem and Pokemon, a racing game like F Zero, etc. Can you imagine a FE where you control Mario, Link, Sonic, PAC Man, etc against the likes of Bowser, Ganon, Eggman, etc and their minions? Or a literal Smash Kart? If they can really make the most of the collaborations then that is where Smash will shine.

I did an exercise after Smash 4 came out where I had to narrow down the Smash roster to only 30 characters and I might try to dig that up or do a different one now. It was kind of fun to think about who would make the cut and why and what it really boiled down to for me was: "wow this character fighting these characters would just be crazy" and that right there is why I think Smash will always succeed because there is always the potential to have those mind boggling match ups. It would be hard for me to choose only 30 characters in a way that is unbiased and Geno would definitely get in if I were basing 30 characters off of my personal gaming experience. Another interesting thing to think about with only 30 characters is: how important are those original 12 characters to you? Would you keep all 12 for nostalgia and honoring the first game? Or would you make the tough choice to cut some out in favor of someone who would pack more oomph?

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I have become way too attached to this dysfunctional Smash family to think about who will get cut in the next game. I'll burn that bridge when I get to it, for now I just want to bask in the massive roster we have while we still have it.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Oh , LoZ rep talk ?
Well , I'll admit first that I think the LoZ cast in Smash is very wack.
We have Link 3 times , and they all use the same items+share a lot of animations , they're kind of wasted potential.
Zelda and Sheik were supposed to complement each other , but Zelda ended up being hot garbage in Melee , competitive wise , and the transformation took way too much time to be worth it. I'll admit that her current moveset (Zelda) is pretty good , but her "happy kawaii princessy" personnality doesn't feel neither ALLTP or ALBTW Zelda... And Sheik mostly feel like a generic ninja to me , rather than a sheikah. (seriously , where is your harp girl)
And Falc--Ganondorf is... Well he's fat Falcon. Yeah you get the "power" part of Ganondorf right , but it's been 4 games since you can just not approach him and realize that he can't do anything to threaten you , no matter how hard he hit. At least give him dead man's volley ball and his float... (Oh yeah , and I feel like Ulti Ganondorf feel more like Smash fan-service than LoZ fanservice , they pretty much gave him his demo sword of Melee by copying Ike and Cloud smash attacks)

I don't want to sound like i'm just complaining and nothing else , because I think stuff like Tink personnality and Zelda's base moveset are really good , it's just that the rest is so wack.

When it comes to playable characters...
Impa is weird. She has so many different forms with so many different abilities that people can't decide wich Impa to pick. Not talking about people who want her as a Sheik echo wich... Well , I think it wouldn't fit all that well , even if they're both sheikhas.
Tingle is also very weird to me. Yes he's a reoccuring character , but he's more on the minor side. He's litteraly the dude who sell and decipher maps in MM and WW (and let's not talk about how many people hated him in WW , and how he almost got kicked out of the franchise) but... He also got 2 DS games on his own , and I'm sure there is lot of moveset potential here... It's just that he would represent spin-offs , not really main Zelda.
Skull Kid is also a bit weird (yes , I'm repeating myself) , in the sense that people want the one possessed by the Majora , but would like him to still take some moves from the Skull Kids , the specie (from OOT and TP). There's also the fact that beside crashing the moon , Skull Kid doesn't do much in MM , so you would have to make up a lot of stuff for his moveset. (Granted , HW managed to do it , but it's also the game that added Young Link and Tingle to represent MM before Skull Kid...) But he also have a massive popularity , and the Majora's mask is a pretty iconic Zelda item , so I believe that he's one of the frontrunners.
I'll admit that I'm biased for this character lol. She's pretty special in the sense that ever since TP was announced , she had her fanbase for Smash , and is still a pretty reccurent request. I would personnaly take a page from HW and add solo imp Midna , with her ability to summon Shadow wolves+Hair hand+shadow balls and teleporting abilities , so she's not stuck with Wolf Link... Because as iconic as this duo is , Wolf Link is still a wolf , beside his bite , jump bite , and area attack with Midna , he doesn't have too much stuff for a moveset. She could also represent the companion role in LoZ , and she's one of the most liked in that role , due to how TP... Is basically Midna's and Zant story , a lot of people actually complained that too much focus was on that and not Link/Zelda/Ganon.
I'll just put here most other possibilites I don't have a lot to say about :
Pig Ganon : Honestly the best alternative for an accurate Ganon if they don't want to change current Ganondorf. He's pretty important to LoZ , and would make for a fun moveset.
Tetra : People have this weird fan rule that only triforce holders can be in Smash , so might as well add a Zelda that would bring a super fun moveset , and she also appeared in 2 games (WW/PH). I see her based on her saber and pirate gun , and a barrel recovery.
Ravio : There's also that weird notion within some Smash fans that "Zelda is all about items" , so I wonder why nobody's talking about Ravio wich could showcase a lot of LoZ items in his moveset.
Ghirahim : Just a very cool villain in general , even if he's not talked about much.
Vaati (human form) : The Geno of the LoZ cast to many , he was made by Capcom after all , and many people want his return. He would bring a wind based moveset , wich is pretty unique for Smash.

But yeah , I think that since Sakurai has added 4 LoZ characters to Melee , he's constantly trying to fix them , instead of adding other characters and... I have this bad feeling that Sakurai almost gave up on LoZ characters , and shove most of them in ATs , hence why it's super hard to start any movement for them. He also doesn't add a character even if their game is relevant (Midna for Brawl , Ghirahim for Sm4sh , Ravio for Sm4sh DLC , a botw rep for Ultimate) so yeah... I genuinely think that if we want a new LoZ character in Smash , the only way to do it would be with massive requests.

D

Deleted member

I could dig this. Hero's trailer turned out to be the only trailer that involved World of Light, or I guess more appropriately, World of Darkness, which feels kind of weird in hindsight. Like, basically every trailer before the launch of the game (and pretty much every trailer for Smash 4) had the newcomer interacting with the already revealed cast of the game in some way... but Hero and Banjo were the only ones to do that in the DLC set - before the "gameplay" part comes into play, of course. Hero's trailer really lends a lot of credence to the idea that maybe he was close to being a base roster character, and maybe they intended to reveal World of Light a little earlier, if it had worked out.

That's the one thing I can give World of Light as a story mode - it's fairly open ended and abstract enough that at any point you can add a DLC character and come up with some sort of logic as to how they were unaffected by the Galeemening, especially since Sakurai basically wrote off all of the theories for how folks like Bayonetta or Palutena could have avoided it by saying "haha Kirby easy to play"... But they wasted that potential. I kind of hope that they don't waste it with Fighter Pass 2 and we see a lot more Hero style videos or maybe some things set after/because of actions in World of Light, like your suggestion.

Either way, Geno's lined up perfectly for the most kino reveal since he's canonically a spirit possessing a temporary form. Hell, the Geno spirit is just the doll, effectively an item.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, the lack of Dead Man's Volley makes sense to me. It's a super fast attack but also takes a lot of charge up attack beforehand. Then you need to make sure and figure out what can reflect it since it doesn't follow normal projectile rules. And give him a specific animation to reflect it back himself till it hits. It doesn't mesh well at all with his tanky design. That, and he stopped using it after OOT. There was no real chance but Melee where it'd fit him. The move is thrown onto anyone they feel like it. There's also nothing to really replace in his moveset with. Best I could see is holding down A to activate it, without completely ruining a working moveset. He's also really good in Ultimate, anyway. His Down B I do like the idea of floating, though. Up B being a teleport or a flying attack with his palm out work really well, though. Plus, while he's floating, he could also use Dead Man's Volley and it'd fit a lot more. B to drop back down and A to charge up DMV.

Worth noting DMV didn't even have an official name to Phantom Hourglass whatsoever. So it'd be named something different either way. His Lightning Ball in OOT is an entirely unrelated attack too. In fact, both of them are similar to Agnahim's. One reflectable, one you have to avoid cause you can't do much of anything else.

He does chokeholds. He literally does punches Link out in WW. His Earthquake Punch is barely changed from OOT to make it work in Smash. Warlock Punch is pretty much the same point, immense power but takes a while to charge while gathering magic in his fist. They're still different moves, but the concept remains the same.

To further clarify, imagine if we got WW Ganondorf first. He maybe could've used Dead Man's Volley for an extra move to throw in there. He's hyper fast and agile and is known for dodging blows and doing counterattacks. This meshes well as a moveset. TP Ganondorf? He's not really much different from what you'd expect in Smash, bar maybe the specials at best. His sword is also not exactly easy to use. It's a light thin sword for a bulky hard-hitting man. He couldn't use it as its fullest potential much at all. Thrusting it was most of what he can do. Flame Choke is based upon the game alone. He doesn't go around floating in general either, though I'm pretty sure teleporting makes a lot more sense anyway. It's weird too. TP didn't give him an easy set of B moves to fill them all, but a general figure of which to create a decent moveset from. ...To be honest, only WW Ganondorf really had enough clear stuff to do where he didn't need to borrow moves overall from anyone, and that might be a stretch. Him using a base was practically inevitable. Though that doesn't mean he'd start off as a clone in Brawl either. Just that you're going to see repeat moves at that point, since they can't really easily fill out the moveset without some weird stuff that doesn't even fit him anymore. All Falcon did at best was give him a basic moveset to work with, which was heavily edited to fit who Ganondorf is. Once Brawl hit, he got a constant amount of his own actual moves. It's only really Melee where he was not represented very well. Brawl did fix that. Not as much as people liked, obviously. Ultimate went further into it, despite the non-canon swords. He's an enigma, really. And do note I think he would've gotten in Brawl if he wasn't in Melee, but that's just spitballing at this point. I get he was lucky addition, but at the very least Falcon's bodyframe would've still helped give him a clear model to latch onto, regardless of the moveset. Akin to how Ness used Mario as a base(incidentally Ness' overall animations are basically modified Mario moves to a small degree. A lot of them are somewhat similar).

Penguinbowler

Smash Apprentice
I know it's kinda a bit late to comment on, but even in Japan Kamek is different from kameks. Designwise if the Magikoopa has a white trim on their outfit it's supposed to be him, and he is much more of a character then a regular focused mario enemy.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Hey, so you know how Cloud's reveal trailer played out in a way that people who know Final Fantasy 7 knew exactly who the character was? With how the music played and the intro of stars was shown before the text "FInal Fantasy"?

Wouldn't it be cool if the moment Geno's trailer starts, you hear this?
People who don't know Super Mario RPG wouldn't know who this would be at first but all of you guys would know right away and scream "Hallelujah! Geno has returned!"
I expect they will go in that direction with a heavy orchestration to make his return seem that important

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I could dig this. Hero's trailer turned out to be the only trailer that involved World of Light, or I guess more appropriately, World of Darkness, which feels kind of weird in hindsight. Like, basically every trailer before the launch of the game (and pretty much every trailer for Smash 4) had the newcomer interacting with the already revealed cast of the game in some way... but Hero and Banjo were the only ones to do that in the DLC set - before the "gameplay" part comes into play, of course. Hero's trailer really lends a lot of credence to the idea that maybe he was close to being a base roster character, and maybe they intended to reveal World of Light a little earlier, if it had worked out.

That's the one thing I can give World of Light as a story mode - it's fairly open ended and abstract enough that at any point you can add a DLC character and come up with some sort of logic as to how they were unaffected by the Galeemening, especially since Sakurai basically wrote off all of the theories for how folks like Bayonetta or Palutena could have avoided it by saying "haha Kirby easy to play"... But they wasted that potential. I kind of hope that they don't waste it with Fighter Pass 2 and we see a lot more Hero style videos or maybe some things set after/because of actions in World of Light, like your suggestion.

Either way, Geno's lined up perfectly for the most kino reveal since he's canonically a spirit possessing a temporary form. Hell, the Geno spirit is just the doll, effectively an item.
Yeah I definitely agree with this. Hero's trailer was so cool and I wish more character reveals could take place during World Of Light\Darkness, and what better character would fit that role other then Geno, who literally is a Spirit?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah I definitely agree with this. Hero's trailer was so cool and I wish more character reveals could take place during World Of Light\Darkness, and what better character would fit that role other then Geno, who literally is a Spirit?
Octoling’s trailer could also have a Galeem-centered theme to complement Hero’s Dharkon-centered theme, as Galeem’s Aura could resemble the light aqua “sanitized” aesthetic in Octo Expansion

we could also have a trailer that encompasses both, like at the final battle of WoL. Almost any character who’s a Spirit could pull that off I think, like a “surprise, I’m not gonna sit on the sidelines anymore!”

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Octoling’s trailer could also have a Galeem-centered theme to complement Hero’s Dharkon-centered theme, as Galeem’s Aura could resemble the light aqua “sanitized” aesthetic in Octo Expansion

we could also have a trailer that encompasses both, like at the final battle of WoL. Almost any character who’s a Spirit could pull that off I think, like a “surprise, I’m not gonna sit on the sidelines anymore!”
That would be neat. I don't think its all that likely though but it would be cool.

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
I posted this in the Waluigi thread but I wanted to share it here too since it could very well affect Geno as well. Some guy on twitter noticed that on the French Canadian smash page that is says that we'll only be getting 5 stages in FP2, even though we're supposed to be getting six characters. Might be a translation error, but still fun to speculate regardless. Square Enix has been rough with music and even spirits (for cloud at least), but a STAGE? I dunno, I feel like they would let Geno have a stage. What do y'all think?
https://twitter.com/Xdo12/status/1254782284126797832
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I posted this in the Waluigi thread but I wanted to share it here too since it could very well affect Geno as well. Some guy on twitter noticed that on the French Canadian smash page that is says that we'll only be getting 5 stages in FP2, even though we're supposed to be getting six characters. Might be a translation error, but still fun to speculate regardless. Square Enix has been rough with music and even spirits (for cloud at least), but a STAGE? I dunno, I feel like they would let Geno have a stage. What do y'all think?
https://smashbros.nintendo.com/buy/dlc/ Weird cause this says everybody get new music and 1 new stage per Challenger Pack.

It could just be a typo on the French Canadian website. Keep in mind we've had errors before on the stie.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
IDK, it's so weird, but i think it affect more waluigi than geno

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I think that is just a mistake. Besides, wouldn't that be a rip-off when Sakurai specifically told us that each Challenger Pack will come with a stage, only for one to not come with one? I just don't think that would be fair.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I think that is just a mistake. Besides, wouldn't that be a rip-off when Sakurai specifically told us that each Challenger Pack will come with a stage, only for one to not come with one? I just don't think that would be fair.
Definitely a mistake because that would be false advertising otherwise.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Most likely a translation mistake. All the other sites have said every character comes with a stage and music

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I have become way too attached to this dysfunctional Smash family to think about who will get cut in the next game. I'll burn that bridge when I get to it, for now I just want to bask in the massive roster we have while we still have it.
That's basically how I feel because even most of the characters I didn't want I've kind of become attached to. It's like how Captain Falcon hasn't been relevant in almost 20 years but the Smash fanbase would level entire cities if he was cut. I hated Ike when he first came and now he's my favorite Fire Emblem character. Ice Climbers being cut from Smash 4 unironically hurt so I can't imagine a massive purge for a hypothetical Smash 6 like everyone's predicting. It's like Pokemon: everyone is somebody's favorite and you'd have enough people mad if they got cut.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Given how ludicrously successful Ultimate has been, I don't think we're going to see another Smash game for a long time, and Sakurai is almost assuredly going to take a very long break after this.

Lagguino

Smash Apprentice
On a cloud with some kid to defeat the Red Ribbon

Probably just a typo but if that is true i could definitely see geno having no stage and music, Kinda like corrin in smash 4. But again I'm pretty sure it's a error.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Unless there is an actual software issue (like the game can't handle that many characters), I'd rather they forget making a new Smash and instead just keep adding to Ultimate with characters, even if they are mostly echoes (if they continue echoes).

Clearly SwiSh showed that gutting the roster would not go over well at all, and while sales helped them avoid everything imploding, that may be due to the age group the game focus towards, which Smash won't be able to use as a counter. Plus, a roster revamp also introduces a can of worms that would send the already volatile fanbase into a meltdown: the backlash over not only who got cut but also who were spared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom