• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarioTime

Smash Apprentice
Something I just found out about the "poll": it's actualy a tournament. You can see it when you look at the total number of votes each character got and realise that Sora got less than Botw2 Zelda. Geno also aparently went from pretty low in it to top 10, to keep it on Geno.
Yep it was a 1 month tournament. And during the whole tournament a ton of people were mad that BOTW 2 Zelda was getting a lot votes. They always complained about her when I looked at the comments

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
If Project+ ended up putting Geno in like they did with Knuckles, that would get me playing a Smash game that isn't Ultimate again. It seems like that won't happen for a while though as I think Lyn and Isaac were planned for P:M along side Knuckles at one point. If they were planning on adding new characters, they would have to come first.
Sadly, according to the Project+ FAQ they don't intend on adding new characters aside from Knuckles as of yet. Although I think it'd be great, because I love the Geno PSA that was used by mods like Legacy XP. At the very least, Project+ as it is now is pretty good too.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
We still have tomorrow for a potential Direct. In fact...

Take it as you will.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm just tired at this point. The Direct feels so insignificant in the grand scheme of things. I hate these circumstances but it also begs the question who the **** is going to have disposable income in the coming months anyways? The United States' response has been comically awful so this is probably going to extend way longer than it really ought to. At this point, I've kind of accepted the Direct being delayed indefinitely until certain developed countries get their **** together.

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
On one hand, Nintendo HAS to announce something before the end of the fiscal year. On the other, the world shutting down is a good reason to delay a Direct. But on the OTHER other hand, Nintendo not having any games to show on top of a virus would cause investor faith to plummet to near Zero.

But hopefully this next Direct starts with Geno or something.

MattX20

Smash Hero
We still have tomorrow for a potential Direct. In fact...

Take it as you will.
Yep, we have tomorrow left before the month is a bust and we look at April instead

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
On one hand, Nintendo HAS to announce something before the end of the fiscal year. On the other, the world shutting down is a good reason to delay a Direct. But on the OTHER other hand, Nintendo not having any games to show on top of a virus would cause investor faith to plummet to near Zero.

But hopefully this next Direct starts with Geno or something.
They don’t necessarily *have* to share anything publicly though. They jus tend to share their announcements with their shareholders.

D

Deleted member

Given the choice, would you guys rather get a true sequel to SMRPG (not a spiritual successor like Paper Mario or Mario & Luigi), or Geno in Smash?
Geno in Smash. I've spent every release and DLC cycle since Melee hoping for Geno to join Smash and haven't thought twice about the possibility of a Mario RPG sequel. I loved that game as a kid, I wouldn't shut up about it for three years, but an RPG's just an RPG. You play it once and revisit it maybe a few years down the line. I've completed Super Mario RPG probably four or five times in my life, since getting it Christmas of 1996. Paper Mario 64, another game I consider one of the best games ever made, I've played to completion three times. Mother 3, a game that literally changed my life and that I consider the pinnacle of the art, I've completed six times.

Despite having not played it since Brawl released, I have more hours in Melee than I do all of those games combined. Smash is something that I and a lot of other people keep coming back to because it's easy to fire up and have some fun. There's no waiting around to get to the good part, no slogging through the early levels, no dealing with that part. Since I play competitively, I'm sure I play it more than many people, but the point stands. Time spent aside, Smash is more than a game - it's a museum. It's the hall of fame. There's 15 Final Fantasy games. There's like 900 Pokemon spanning 25 years and dozens of games - sequels are a great metric of sales, but getting into Smash is a metric of love.

Ugh, still no direct. For ****s sake. I'm so tired of waiting. I guess we're waiting for June at least.
I think it was 2017 when it took them until April to have a direct. We might be waiting that long this time, too. Still worth holding out hope for this week. June is a real stretch.

Firox

Smash Master
>Botw2 Zelda got more votes than Geno
>A character from a game that isn't even out yet and so many people voted for them
>Mfw

I don't wanna say it's fake news. But it sure is really suspicious that so many people would vote for such a specific character.
View attachment 266851
Yeah, no, I'm calling this thing bunk. BotW 2 Zelda kills its credibility for two reasons:

A) Seriously? BotW Zelda was the single cringiest Zelda ever designed. If you think the current Zelda is "underwhelming" but think BotW Zelda isn't, I really don't know what to say.
B) BotW 2 Zelda? To be frank, we don't really know anything about her. We don't know what she's been through since the first game and we know nothing of what she can do besides speak in a British accent that sounds like nails on a chalk board. These people aren't voting for Zelda, but rather the IDEA of Zelda (and a fairly poor one as far as I'm concerned). I wish people would vote more for actual CHARACTERS and not so much their FRANCHISES. We get it, a lot of people like the Zelda games. That shouldn't mean that infinite clones of Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf are our only options for characters.

So in short, either this voting thing is total BS or people have laughably horrible taste. Sorry, that's just how it is. Fite me.

Last edited:

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
What games you guys are currently playing during your isolation? I've been replaying SMRPG, plan to play Breath of the Wild and Battletoads too this week during my vacation.
Iv'e been replaying SMRPG as of late. (Just arrived at Nimbus Land !)
But , Iv'e also finally started the first Ratchet and Clank , Iv'e missed those style of PS2 games.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
>Botw2 Zelda got more votes than Geno
>A character from a game that isn't even out yet and so many people voted for them
>Mfw

I don't wanna say it's fake news. But it sure is really suspicious that so many people would vote for such a specific character.
View attachment 266851
Hard to say but 2.1 million votes is a really big sample size so, if true, Geno getting 7th overall is still stupidly good in the grand scheme of things. I do agree though; outside of Zelda it's pretty believable and mirrors a lot of other polls.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Hard to say but 2.1 million votes is a really big sample size so, if true, Geno getting 7th overall is still stupidly good in the grand scheme of things. I do agree though; outside of Zelda it's pretty believable and mirrors a lot of other polls.
Being in the top 10 in general is never a bad thing

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
I've been finishing SMRPG (I'm at Count Down) and getting the rest of the spirits in Smash Ultimate.
Also I'll finally play the two Lego games I bought during a sale again.
I'd play Banjo-Kazooie (Xbox One) but the underwater section in Clanker's Cavern is horrible and made me quit.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Honestly, water levels are frustrating in all video games. I still remember that one jingle when oxygen is limited.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I've been finishing SMRPG (I'm at Count Down) and getting the rest of the spirits in Smash Ultimate.
Also I'll finally play the two Lego games I bought during a sale again.
I'd play Banjo-Kazooie (Xbox One) but the underwater section in Clanker's Cavern is horrible and made me quit.
Clanker's Cavern is literally the worst level in Banjo-Kazooie soley due to the whole underwater section. Is this your first time playing any of the Banjo-Kazooie games?

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Yeah, no, I'm calling this thing bunk. BotW 2 Zelda kills its credibility for two reasons:

A) Seriously? BotW Zelda was the single cringiest Zelda ever designed. If you think the current Zelda is "underwhelming" but think BotW Zelda isn't, I really don't know what to say.
B) BotW 2 Zelda? To be frank, we don't really know anything about her. We don't know what she's been through since the first game and we know nothing of what she can do besides speak in a British accent that sounds like nails on a chalk board. These people aren't voting for Zelda, but rather the IDEA of Zelda (and a fairly poor one as far as I'm concerned). I wish people would vote more for actual CHARACTERS and not so much their FRANCHISES. We get it, a lot of people like the Zelda games. That shouldn't mean that infinite clones of Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf are our only options for characters.

So in short, either this voting thing is total BS or people have laughably horrible taste. Sorry, that's just how it is. Fite me.
One of my friends is a big LoZ fan , and she explained me several times how disapointed she was in Botw and Smash Zelda. Especially how the fanbase see Smash Zelda as accurate , when her personnality don't match with ALBW Zelda. She feel more like a generic anime girl with magic powers , than this calm and collected , yet young and magic power badass-ish princess of Hyrule.
But yeah , LoZ has so many great characters that could allow for fantastics movesets , like Midna , Girahim , Ravio , and so on. So I find it a bit sad that the fanbase only support Skull Kid as a one-off , and Impa (When every Impa is a different character , like , compare HW Impa and TP Impa)... With some Tingle in there.
I don't really like the idea that only re-occuring characters are important in Zelda and that they are the only option for Smash , when Tingle has litteraly been removed from the franchise over how hated he was , and how each Impa could be a different character. We had to get a "last man standing" effect for even another LoZ character to be considered , Skull Kid.

It's just disapointing that Sakurai throw most of these characters in ATs , and that half of the LoZ cast in Smash are clones. (:ulttoonlink: same items for the 3 specials , same spin attack , same tilts , shared aerials. :ultyounglink: Litteraly all his normals are copied from adult Link , he just has a smaller sword , a hookshot , and slightly different properties to his specials. :ultganondorf: Tbh just give Melee Ganondorf moveset to Black Shadow and give us a new Ganondorf , the most Ganondorf thing he has is his side-tilt , his sparta kick from TP. The sword is from a 2000 E3 tech demo.)

To be back on topic , I still think that Geno consistantly getting in top 10 show something very important. He might just be a one-off character from a single RPG , but dang , his fans are so peristent and passionate that they managed to put him at the same level of wants (or more) as characters like Crash Bandicoot or Doom Guy , within the Smash fanbase.

Another funny thing : I saw many people saying he's too obscure , that people wouldn't get interested to him , ect... These are the same people complaining about Geno "bandwagonners" , the people who didn't play SMRPG , but just find his design cool and want him in Smash , go figure.
(I don't like using the word bandwagonner , it's just that I saw this argument so many times that I couldn't find any other way to say it.)

D

Deleted member

Imagine hating the absolute cutie that is LttP Zelda and wanting le thicc meme princess from BotW. With taste that bad, is it really any surprise Geno is #8?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
As far as that poll is concerned, 2.1 million seems a little high, considering that (from what I've read) the Smash Ballot didn't even get that many votes despite being an official worldwide poll with a tangible impact on the future roster additions. (I read somewhere that it was 1.8 million, though I can't remember if that number was revealed in a Direct, a Famitsu column, or if it's something that my brain is making up) Do we know if people were allowed/able to vote multiple times in that poll?

Clanker's Cavern is literally the worst level in Banjo-Kazooie soley due to the whole underwater section. Is this your first time playing any of the Banjo-Kazooie games?
I find it hard to believe that Clanker's Cavern is the worst level in Banjo-Kazooie when Rusty Bucket Bay exists. A heavy emphasis on swimming, water that drains your oxygen even when you're on the surface, and the engine room and propeller Jiggies definitely make it stand out (in a bad way) in my mind.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well don't let Clanker's Cavern stop you from playing the rest of the game. The best levels all come right after Clanker's Cavern. You should also check out Banjo-Tooie after you finish the first game.

I find it hard to believe that Clanker's Cavern is the worst level in Banjo-Kazooie when Rusty Bucket Bay exists. A heavy emphasis on swimming, water that drains your oxygen even when you're on the surface, and the engine room and propeller Jiggies definitely make it stand out (in a bad way) in my mind.
Clanker's Cavern literally has you swimming throughout the whole level so it's worser than Rusty Bucket Bay in that department. Besides the engine room, Rusty Bucket Bay isn't as bad as people let it on to believe.

Last edited:

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Another funny thing : I saw many people saying he's too obscure , that people wouldn't get interested to him , ect... These are the same people complaining about Geno "bandwagonners" , the people who didn't play SMRPG , but just find his design cool and want him in Smash , go figure.
(I don't like using the word bandwagonner , it's just that I saw this argument so many times that I couldn't find any other way to say it.)
I got interested in Geno around the Ballot era because of his design, and then I played SMRPG a few years later. First on an emulator then on a SNES classic.
Well don't let Clanker's Cavern stop you from playing the rest of the game. The best levels all come right after Clanker's Cavern. You should also check out Banjo-Tooie after you finish the first game.
I got Rare Replay for free because I watched a Sea of Thieves Mixer/Beam stream. So I have it and I'll play it after.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Yep, we have tomorrow left before the month is a bust and we look at April instead
Eh... I think the direct might have been cancelled indefinitely if we don't get the announcement tomorrow. I just wish Nintendo would SPEAK THE **** UP ABOUT IT.

So, the only thing I can say now:
Dawn of the Final Day
24 Hours Remain

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
We will see. (While it has been brought up many times, why not ask again to settle the heat for a bit.) If Geno isn't Challenger 6 to kickstart FP2, who will it be?

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
We will see. (While it has been brought up many times, why not ask again to settle the heat for a bit.) If Geno isn't Challenger 6 to kickstart FP2, who will it be?
Probably a more well-known character.
More recognizable and liked = more money

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My immediate expectation when they announced more characters beyond the first Fighters Pass was Geno, or someone like him (a long-requested fan favourite that they couldn't get permission to include for the base game or the fighters pass).

If not him, my guess would be a promoted assist trophy (if they're actually going to do that - I have my doubts, but it seems like a good way to keep people guessing) or (as I made my case for here) Doomguy.

I find it hard to think of any other long-requested fan favourites (ones that people have supported since the Melee or Brawl era) who aren't in the game in some form and who they wouldn't be able to get permission to include.

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
There's a ton of 3rd party characters that would be in the running that would blow out everything. Phoenix Wright, Dante, Sora, etc.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, I remember BOTW Zelda being fairly popular. BOTW 2 Zelda is an easy vote for a promotional character, and the small preview we got implies she's more important to the plot. That's why it's easy to see she has votes. Keep in mind just cause you don't like a character's personality doesn't mean others don't. I don't see how it's remotely dubious. Some people were calling Sakurai out for saying "she's not really an adventurer" too, which is a pretty bad translation as she clearly is. She however is completely different from the current Smash Zelda in terms of designs, and we see almost zero magical abilities in the same way. She's not shown as a barrier maiden or as heavy into spellcasting/psychic abilities. It makes sense to use the ALTTP/ALBW version who fits that way better overall.

(That said, I don't see Zelda needing a revamp. She's really good in Ultimate and is actually fixed up quite a bit from previous games. She never worked too well with Sheik either, despite the intention. She could use maybe some better range moves beyond projectiles here and there, sure, but that was mostly doable with the TP version, as she had a sword and you could slightly change a few moves to do that. However, it's not like we can't have an actual non-magical Zelda too. Doesn't necessarily mean BOTW 2 Zelda is going to be on the radar, as it's not just Sakurai, but Nintendo who has to suggest her. He could make her work uniquely. Maybe use a few items Link doesn't do, as he's the core BOTW rep right now.)

Also, as explained before, the same people voted multiple times, so they have to remove some votes to make sure it's "one vote per person" to have a legitimate poll. Yes, people can vote for the same person a lot. It happens. Hell, how many of you voted more than once in the ballot(the ballot has no proper way of knowing how to remove duplicate votes as is and it's a suggestion box moreso than a straight popularity poll anyway). I only voted once(yes, surprisingly), but I doubt that's the case for a lot of more hardcore Smash fans. That, and the poll was surprisingly not that known worldwide.

Anyway, it's a very solid list and I'm glad to see a ton of cool candidates on there. I just with Digimon was more popular(not that it isn't a notable franchise, but it's clearly not cared about worldwide either way. Then again, I won't pretend every character/franchise in Smash is either. DQ is pretty much catered to Japan with smaller snippets of US/UK popularity. Mother was JP/US only for a long time too. Little Mac is pretty much Western only. Maybe not just US, but other Americas, Mexico, etc.)

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Honestly, I remember BOTW Zelda being fairly popular. BOTW 2 Zelda is an easy vote for a promotional character, and the small preview we got implies she's more important to the plot. That's why it's easy to see she has votes. Keep in mind just cause you don't like a character's personality doesn't mean others don't. I don't see how it's remotely dubious. Some people were calling Sakurai out for saying "she's not really an adventurer" too, which is a pretty bad translation as she clearly is. She however is completely different from the current Smash Zelda in terms of designs, and we see almost zero magical abilities in the same way. She's not shown as a barrier maiden or as heavy into spellcasting/psychic abilities. It makes sense to use the ALTTP/ALBW version who fits that way better overall.

(That said, I don't see Zelda needing a revamp. She's really good in Ultimate and is actually fixed up quite a bit from previous games. She never worked too well with Sheik either, despite the intention. She could use maybe some better range moves beyond projectiles here and there, sure, but that was mostly doable with the TP version, as she had a sword and you could slightly change a few moves to do that. However, it's not like we can't have an actual non-magical Zelda too. Doesn't necessarily mean BOTW 2 Zelda is going to be on the radar, as it's not just Sakurai, but Nintendo who has to suggest her. He could make her work uniquely. Maybe use a few items Link doesn't do, as he's the core BOTW rep right now.)

Also, as explained before, the same people voted multiple times, so they have to remove some votes to make sure it's "one vote per person" to have a legitimate poll. Yes, people can vote for the same person a lot. It happens. Hell, how many of you voted more than once in the ballot(the ballot has no proper way of knowing how to remove duplicate votes as is and it's a suggestion box moreso than a straight popularity poll anyway). I only voted once(yes, surprisingly), but I doubt that's the case for a lot of more hardcore Smash fans. That, and the poll was surprisingly not that known worldwide.

Anyway, it's a very solid list and I'm glad to see a ton of cool candidates on there. I just with Digimon was more popular(not that it isn't a notable franchise, but it's clearly not cared about worldwide either way. Then again, I won't pretend every character/franchise in Smash is either. DQ is pretty much catered to Japan with smaller snippets of US/UK popularity. Mother wasn't was JP/US only for a long time too. Little Mac is pretty much Western only. Maybe not just US, but other Americas, Mexico, etc.)
I would be more open to Zelda reps that aren't other iterations of Link or Zelda. The Champions or their modern equivalents would've been a good pick for a promotional one. Much like Geno, their spirits were in the base game

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Imagine hating the absolute cutie that is LttP Zelda and wanting le thicc meme princess from BotW.
Pretty sure this is a brand new sentence that kinda hurts my head.

God bless LttP in every way though.
SNES really was an era of gems. I about fell over the first time I saw Link in SMRPG. Blew my mind, and I thought maybe he could join my team.
I was disappointed haha.

Also Marin needs to be an alt costume.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I would be more open to Zelda reps that aren't other iterations of Link or Zelda. The Champions or their modern equivalents would've been a good pick for a promotional one. Much like Geno, their spirits were in the base game
Unless all 4 Champions at once, sounds meh to me. They're actually equivalents, unlike the Pokemon starters who blatantly aren't advertised equally. Besides, you could give part of those abilities to BOTW 2 Zelda among others, so she properly represents it. There's no reason to go for significantly less important characters. They're not even comparable to ones like Midna who are major ones. They were extremely underutilized and basically footnotes in the game. They were cool, don't get me wrong, but I won't pretend they were meant to be super major. They're basically like the Six Sages, but didn't have a Sage who was clearly above the rest in importance(Impa)/usage. Hell, some of the Sages barely had anything going for them. Rauru was the least used, and there was no real personal impact, while the rest at least had some decent interaction. And as I said, only Impa stood out majorly, and she barely stood out in that game beyond exposition(and Sheik took her place right after anyway).

Besides, I'm more for Pig Ganon among the Triforce Trio, as that feels like the only missing one entirely. Other than that, Tingle and Impa are the other two I find the most interesting. They're the biggest characters in the franchise after the Triforce trio, showing up quite a few times. Tingle is also the only one to get his own games(Zelda too, but Nintendo didn't want that to happen either way), something most don't get, which says a lot. I won't go into their issues.

To get back to Geno, I wonder what kind of AT's could easily work for SMRPG at this point. Also, I wouldn't mind a Chained Kong Spirit.

MisterMike

Smash Champion

Okay, I will. Firox Firox , why is BotW Zelda so bad?

Imagine hating the absolute cutie that is LttP Zelda and wanting le thicc meme princess from BotW. With taste that bad, is it really any surprise Geno is #8?
WhyDontWeHaveBothGeno.png

Firox

Smash Master

Anyway, it's a very solid list and I'm glad to see a ton of cool candidates on there. I just with Digimon was more popular(not that it isn't a notable franchise, but it's clearly not cared about worldwide either way. Then again, I won't pretend every character/franchise in Smash is either. DQ is pretty much catered to Japan with smaller snippets of US/UK popularity. Mother was JP/US only for a long time too. Little Mac is pretty much Western only. Maybe not just US, but other Americas, Mexico, etc.)
See, the thing is, it isn't even about a personal dislike for BotW Zelda. Look at all the angles of trying to include her:

1) She hasn't demonstrated any kind of combat capability. Period. Current Smash Zelda's moveset is mostly derived from Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess where we saw a Zelda that could wield offensive and defensive magic, transformation magic, masquerade as a freaking medieval ninja and shoot light arrows. Then we have BotW Zelda that spent 90% of her time crying and being a living MacGuffin. Granted, the MacGuffin thing is kind of Zelda in a nutshell, but still, we're talking about putting this character in a FIGHTING game. A Smash moveset for her would have to fabricated out of thin air. Doable? Sure, but then we come to my next point...

2) Do we REALLY need more clones/semi-clones of Link, Zelda and Ganondorf??? As others have said, LoZ features more than a few potentially interesting and original characters. I honestly do not see the need or appeal of regurgitating yet another bland iteration of a pre-existing character.

3) The ultra-shill nature of putting BotW 2 Zelda in as one of the last few precious DLC slots. We have a plethora of completely original and far more interesting characters in existence all vying for those last 6 seats of glory. Do we really want to burn one of them to put in a character that the game technically already has??? I sure as hell don't. To any that answer yes to that question, we'll just have to accept our differing points of view while I shake my head in pity.

(A reference of characters I think would be funner to include from LoZ: Ghirahim, Demise, Zant, Vaati, Impa, the Champions, Midna with or without Wolf Link, Skull Kid/Majora, etc. etc. Honestly, the game could use more villains anyway)

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
People hating botw Zelda but honestly they didn’t give her a chance. She is fine, yeah some versions of the princess are definitely “cuter” like lbtw/lttp zelda and others far more mature/responsible (tp zelda easily, **** she was practically queen at that point in that game),

but I definitely felt more sorry for botw zelda. She had an actual backstory and some development to her character. She was plunged into this ritual she wanted no part of, she watched her kingdom, father, and friends die right in front of her, and only after all this disaster was she able to unlock her powers, powers she once again wanted nothing to do with, and powers that forced her soul to stay locked in a containment with ganon as she holds back his power from destroying the rest of the world.

She might not have had the cute looks of other Zelda’s, or the regal and mature disposition to run the kingdom, but you actually feel for botw Zelda and her life being completely unraveled in front of her.

Least I did anyway.

One thing I think we can all agree on, is at least she don’t look like ss zelda. That Zelda got a nose that an elephant would be jealous of.

EDIT: not saying I’d want her in smash, but as a character I felt way more interested with botw Zelda

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
See, the thing is, it isn't even about a personal dislike for BotW Zelda. Look at all the angles of trying to include her:

1) She hasn't demonstrated any kind of combat capability. Period. Current Smash Zelda's moveset is mostly derived from Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess where we saw a Zelda that could wield offensive and defensive magic, transformation magic, masquerade as a freaking medieval ninja and shoot light arrows. Then we have BotW Zelda that spent 90% of her time crying and being a living MacGuffin. Granted, the MacGuffin thing is kind of Zelda in a nutshell, but still, we're talking about putting this character in a FIGHTING game. A Smash moveset for her would have to fabricated out of thin air. Doable? Sure, but then we come to my next point...

2) Do we REALLY need more clones/semi-clones of Link, Zelda and Ganondorf??? As others have said, LoZ features more than a few potentially interesting and original characters. I honestly do not see the need or appeal of regurgitating yet another bland iteration of a pre-existing character.

3) The ultra-shill nature of putting BotW 2 Zelda in as one of the last few precious DLC slots. We have a plethora of completely original and far more interesting characters in existence all vying for those last 6 seats of glory. Do we really want to burn one of them to put in a character that the game technically already has??? I sure as hell don't. To any that answer yes to that question, we'll just have to accept our differing points of view while I shake my head in pity.
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. BOTW 2 Zelda would not be a good choice for marketing purposes.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
To get back to Geno, I wonder what kind of AT's could easily work for SMRPG at this point.
- Exor: Like Snorlax, but hits a point at the top of the stage. Whoever gets hit is auto-KO'd.
- Jinx: Does his famous Jinxed move on people as well as Bombs Away! projectiles.
- Culex: Each crystal does an elemental projectile: Fire Stone(? I forgot what it was called; basically Meteor), Ice Rock, Boulder, and Bolt, and Culex does a Dark Star to finish it off.
- Mack: Fire Wall, summons dudes, hops around on people.
- Bowyer (if not a stage hazard): Shoots people with arrows. Disables specific commands for people hit (like shields, smashes, and specials).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom