• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
From what I seem to gather, the community is, currently slightly leaning towards real at the moment, however in this ever-changing world in which we live in, that could easily be subject to change.
For sure. That Smash Leak thread is pumping out discussion super quickly.

It is still in It's same status. I'm currently on "Team hmmm..??".
Me personally, I'm on team it is what it is. Sure, I'll be kinda disappointed if it's fake. But I also won't be surprised if it's fake. I'm just observing and taking this all in:laugh:

Last edited:

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Sooo...what is Geno doing in this mural? I cannot unsee him holding a banana in his left hand

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I can't friggin' see what nearly anything is in the mural.

Especially Geno.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I give a lot of credit to whoever realized that Mach Rider was in the leak. I cannot for the life of me see him at all!
Yup. But who says it really is mach rider? Not saying it isn't, but lots of people just dont see it.
The others I see well.

There is that one in the clouds that people can't make out too, if it's anything. I mean it'd be weird to have a blank spot there when everyone else is squeezed so much together for space.

TheBeastHimself

There is that one in the clouds that people can't make out too, if it's anything. I mean it'd be weird to have a blank spot there when everyone else is squeezed so much together for space.
Yeah, I realized that some pictures of the leak had KOS-MOS from Xenoblade in them, but then the actual picture that everyone spreads around doesn't. I'm still really confused about that.

TheBeastHimself

Yeah, I realized that some pictures of the leak had KOS-MOS from Xenoblade in them, but then the actual picture that everyone spreads around doesn't. I'm still really confused about that.
Also, just saw your signature. I would love a Bubble Bobble rep!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Also, just saw your signature. I would love a Bubble Bobble rep!
You can click on it to go see the support thread if you havent already ;)
It's a nostalgic game for me. I think an assist trophy would be more likely, but I also think it's cool if people know of them and like them :)
Funny that you quoted yourself. ;p

I havent seen anything that looks like those characters, but people see what they want to see. If it's be kos-mos that'd be awesome, but I dont think it's clear enough to tell anything. Would be interseting to see different optimized versions of it to see if there's anything interesting tho

Last edited:

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I personally can see Mach Rider with some effort, with some contention among Mach Rider seers on whether he's on his bike or not (Some are claiming that Majora's Mask is under his legs, but I think the more accepted consensus is that it's the handlebars of his bike. At the very least, I hope this is the case because I really want to see him on his motorcycle. Without it I just imagine him playing similarly to Capt. Falcon, which would be super boring. But a character that tilts, jabs, smashes, etc. with wheelies, donuts, hydraulics, etc., all the while never leaving their chopper? Sign me the heck up for that.)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Obviously mach rider is riding on skull kid instead of a bike

Asxin

Smash Rookie
I just realise, if Nintendo show us any one of the 7 newcomers right now, wouldn't it immediately prove that this leak is real or not? Since we just need to see is the character's position match to the banner or not!

In my theories, there are 2 possibilities of what would happen next:
1. Nintendo would show us a totally new newcomer that didn't showed in the leak, or still give us one of the 7 newcomers, but in a different position! (if it's fake)
2. Nintendo would show all the them in the same time! (if it's real)

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I give a lot of credit to whoever realized that Mach Rider was in the leak. I cannot for the life of me see him at all!

His/ her suit is pretty recognizable. And looks like he/she is riding a bike

I saw that from tech rader
https://www.techradar.com/news/super-smash-bros-ultimate-full-character-roster-may-have-been-leaked

This one is very hard to tell, but it does somewhat look like something is there, it is just that the character has very faded colors that would make it hard to tell if she is in the blurry poster. That would be a nice little surprise if the leak is true and that blurry mess was actually her as once one of the 7 is revealed and they have the same poses on the leak, then we would know who the other 6 were except for her. Plus she looks pretty cool.

KanataLen

Smash Apprentice
I can imagine some of the other possible characters are other after effects or problems with the stitched together picture. All I see there is a double cherry of sheik, not KOS-MOS

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If Geno's in, I'm going to retire from speculation. I would have already gotten all I wanted
Same. Me, you, Tbone, KCchief, Xigger, etc have been here since the Brawl speculation days and this will have been a long time coming if true. We've held on for as long as most people go to public school for completion. This really is a legendary fanbase. It would have been so easy to simply fold after Brawl like a lot of fanbases but we've held on and after 22 years since Geno's last major appearance and 13 since the start of the Geno for Smash fanbase, it might finally be happening. We could be as few as two weeks away from meeting that final goal. Truth is, I don't know if I'll be ready or not but "when that times comes" we'll just have to see.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
By a smidge only because it's a path that's already been walked on over and over again in discussions. In order for this to be fake, the leaker had to be both a Mensa level artist and graphic designer. Contrary to popular belief, these two are definitely mutually exclusive. You can be good at one and garbage at the other. Graphic design is basically taking art and making it visualing pleasing or having it set specific tones or convey certain messages for the viewer. Being really good at both is exceptionally rare. Again, if fake, this is the most elaborate hoax in gaming history based on this factor alone, never mind everything else to be considered that would blow this up to a goofy huge conspiracy.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I like coming here to chill in this thread, especially after the amount of anger, rage, and hatred in the leak discussion thread. The saltiness and pettiness against Geno I’ve seen only makes me want him that much more and since I’m gonna be the bigger person, I’ll just overlook and ignore every hater. We’ve done over 13 years of waiting for the Savior of the Stars to make an appearance once more, we have to keep up the support for him and I see no point in getting angry over a certain character in the game, after all, it’s whoever Sakurai wants in the game and at the end of the day, being angry will just give you a headache.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It is still in It's same status. I'm currently on "Team hmmm..??".
Same, though given my experiences with full roster leaks, I might steadily drift to Real.

Obviously mach rider is riding on skull kid instead of a bike
Lewd.

...I just hope Mach's gender is confirmed though, otherwise it'll be too weird.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
...I just hope Mach's gender is confirmed though, otherwise it'll be too weird.
Same, I've alternated him/her subconsciously, but I try to go for her, since I like the theory that it's a Samus situation where the brunette holding a dagger is the Mach Rider. Though if that's true, her outfit probably needs a rework, since it's more risqué than anything Samus ever wore without her power armor.

D

Deleted member

Hope the mural is real. Who knows it would mean the being who serves a higher authority is in.

Come on Geno we need ya please arrive soon.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Same, I've alternated him/her subconsciously, but I try to go for her, since I like the theory that it's a Samus situation where the brunette holding a dagger is the Mach Rider. Though if that's true, her outfit probably needs a rework, since it's more risqué than anything Samus ever wore without her power armor.
It would be a simple matter of zipping it up, thankfully.

Personally speaking, I don't really care about his sex. But I would prefer Mach Rider to be as mysterious as possible, that would be pretty cool.
That's fair too.

This kind of reminds me of the Video System game Turbo Force, which had an equally mysterious protagonist. His identity was only revealed as a hidden character in Aero Fighters 3, and even then it varied in the ending depending on whether or not you teamed up with the fellow hidden character from Rabio Lepus. Helps keep the mystique in a sense.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well this Smash Direct whenever it is will solve this.

Till then 50/50 something could happen to debunk this till then still hoping it's real.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
Geno thread is getting hella close to double digit thousands (10,000). The support here has been insane. Geno, Isaac, and Shantae fans are very passionate from what I can see by those numbers.

link2702

Smash Champion
I really wish we had a direct announcement.....this uncertainty is driving me nuts. Just give us a date already!

TheBeastHimself

I'm just glad that if the leak is real, Geno is gonna be right by my boy Ness, and Banjo is gonna be right by my boy Lucas! :D

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Same. Me, you, Tbone, KCchief, Xigger, etc have been here since the Brawl speculation days and this will have been a long time coming if true. We've held on for as long as most people go to public school for completion. This really is a legendary fanbase. It would have been so easy to simply fold after Brawl like a lot of fanbases but we've held on and after 22 years since Geno's last major appearance and 13 since the start of the Geno for Smash fanbase, it might finally be happening. We could be as few as two weeks away from meeting that final goal. Truth is, I don't know if I'll be ready or not but "when that times comes" we'll just have to see.
I vividly remember the days of trying to defend Geno on smashboards/Nsider in various threads. We really have been through the ringer as a fanbase and have persevered after some really dark days. I can't even imagine having my one and only video game wish fulfilled that I've been living with for well over a decade.

Geno was the entire reason I got involved in forums and the smash bros scene in the first place. I misclicked something on the official Nintendo website and ended up on Nsider back in 06 or early 07. I did a quick scroll and saw that the latest post was on the Smash forum there was supporting Geno for Brawl. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and had no idea that anyone else even remembered the character that had been my favorite video game character since I was a child, let alone supported him for Smash, a series I had already been in love with. From there I was hooked. I promptly registered for the forums, got involved with the "clan" scenes (Meta-Pirates), eventually took over the management of the clan and made friends who I still talk to and play video games with regularly. This all because of our boy in blue.

If this is truly it, it will be an unbelievable feeling to finally have my wish list cleared and I'll never ask for anything again. It will be so nice to appreciate newcomers without that little knot in the back of my stomach when characters that weren't Geno have gotten revealed for the past 12 years. This fanbase is something else. We willed "an obscure side character from a 90's RPG" (I'm sure we aren't tired of hearing this compelling argument in 2018) into being the face of smash bros character speculation.

It's about damn time!

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I vividly remember the days of trying to defend Geno on smashboards/Nsider in various threads. We really have been through the ringer as a fanbase and have persevered after some really dark days. I can't even imagine having my one and only video game wish fulfilled that I've been living with for well over a decade.

Geno was the entire reason I got involved in forums and the smash bros scene in the first place. I misclicked something on the official Nintendo website and ended up on Nsider back in 06 or early 07. I did a quick scroll and saw that the latest post was on the Smash forum there was supporting Geno for Brawl. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and had no idea that anyone else even remembered the character that had been my favorite video game character since I was a child, let alone supported him for Smash, a series I had already been in love with. From there I was hooked. I promptly registered for the forums, got involved with the "clan" scenes (Meta-Pirates), eventually took over the management of the clan and made friends who I still talk to and play video games with regularly. This all because of our boy in blue.

If this is truly it, it will be an unbelievable feeling to finally have my wish list cleared and I'll never ask for anything again. It will be so nice to appreciate newcomers without that little knot in the back of my stomach when characters that weren't Geno have gotten revealed for the past 12 years. This fanbase is something else. We willed "an obscure side character from a 90's RPG" (I'm sure we aren't tired of hearing this compelling argument in 2018) into being the face of smash bros character speculation.

It's about damn time!
You got that right. :ness:

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
my crackpot theory about the leak is that the dude really does work at a printing company, and he has access to the stuff you need to print stuff, but he made the banner himself and printed it. that would explain the grinch stuff.
i don't know. maybe i'm reaching. i just really don't buy that we're getting 7 characters in one month. plus, from what i can make out in the picture, shadow looks like he was photoshopped in "you know i had to do it to em" style.
Following that logic, he could have just put Incineroar too dont you think? Why not putting one of the almost certain newcomers like Ken?

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

Maybe with Geno's announcement, people can finally realize "hey, anyone can get in!" Not trying to discredit Geno at all, but at the end of the day he's just a side character in an RPG. But we've all grown to love him, and maybe his announcement in Smash can inspire more people to get their alltime favorite characters in, relevant or not!

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
You know it's nice to think in all this mess of leaks that Geno is in a good spot either way. if the banner leak is true Geno is in. if it's fake and vergeben is actually right about the last characters then we're still most likely to be the square rep.

it's basically a win win situation for Geno and that's amazing. If Geno get's in I'll be forever content with Smash's roster. he probably won't be the last character I ask for. because once a smash 6 comes around with Simon having been in I'll probably be the one crazy guy in the corner crying for Alucard to get in as a character because he is my other favorite video game character.

but I won't really need anything else for smash. I mean dude if banner leak is true that means I got my number 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 most wanted at this point! that's insane!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom