• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Isaac and Geno for me are the two Nintendo characters more deserving of being in Smash!

I hope you guys help me support Agumon now that your characters are in the game!
That last part is completely unnecessary.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
I'd totally be up for swapping Switch IDs with everybody and playing Smash (or anything else) regularly. My recent interest in Splatoon's online has convinced me online play actually isn't the pits with the right games and the right people.

And you dudes feel like the right people.
I'd like to be a part of that!

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I'd totally be up for swapping Switch IDs with everybody and playing Smash (or anything else) regularly. My recent interest in Splatoon's online has convinced me online play actually isn't the pits with the right games and the right people.

And you dudes feel like the right people.
I'm sticking to being mainly a K. Rool main, but if you'll have me, I'd be down for that. All things considered though, I haven't decided on a secondary yet. If this leak proves true, Mach Rider might claim that title, but I won't rule out the possibility of Geno claiming that, especially if he is in but the leak is fake and Mach Rider isn't in the game.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/436781578

Video at ACP-PLV deleted

It’s how they work

Suspicious or just coicindence

Team fake is going with they probably only did that to reduce spamming of smash bros

But for once I can counter it wouldn’t it just be simpler just to disable the comment section since it was a YouTube video?

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace
Not sure if you guys saw in main discussion, but I made this banner pose comparison for Geno.

It's kinda ****, but I think I got the pose down. If you wanna see all the other details/explanations I made, it's recent in my post history.
Comparison.jpg

Klimax

Smash Ace
I'm still not sure if I believe this leak but I found this picture and it's pretty cool in my opinion:

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Im not saying they didnt delete the video because of recent events, but I really doubt they'd try to 'cover up' something, heh. They might have been feeling hassled, sure, and there could be other explanations too.
It most likely isn't the hassle they've gotten. The video was taken down on a weekend, which is odd considering businesses usually halt any activity like this on weekends.
If the reason was hassling, it would've made more sense to just disable comments on the video, no? Completely removing the video seems a bit above-and-beyond.

I think it's a solid reasoning that the video was taken down by request of, well, somebody. We already know that the printing techniques in the leak match up to the ACP-PLV video near perfectly, so I'd assume they found out and didn't want that information to continue to exist on the internet.

EDIT: Just looked into it and found out that APV-PLV is only closed on Sundays. Hmmm....

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It most likely isn't the hassle they've gotten. The video was taken down on a weekend, which is odd considering businesses usually halt any activity like this on weekends.
If the reason was hassling, it would've made more sense to just disable comments on the video, no? Completely removing the video seems a bit above-and-beyond.

I think it's a solid reasoning that the video was taken down by request of, well, somebody. We already know that the printing techniques in the leak match up to the ACP-PLV video near perfectly, so I'd assume they found out and didn't want that information to continue to exist on the internet.
Im not talking about hassling in comments, it could be just a measure to make less people try to call them or email or go there. Probably anything and everything that would help even a little (reduce attention, etc).

Sorry but a cover up makes less sense.

Last edited:

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
If Geno gets in and gets to bring 1 assist trophy like Castlevania brought in Alucard who would you guys want to see? Personally I would love to see Croco running around the stage throwing bombs and items at people.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
If Geno gets in and gets to bring 1 assist trophy like Castlevania brought in Alucard who would you guys want to see? Personally I would love to see Croco running around the stage throwing bombs and items at people.
If it's gonna be anyone, its gonna be Mallow. Just makes way to much sense.

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Mallow. Definitely.
unless he can become a fighter too, get the whole party in smash

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Without a doubt, Mallow! It would be amazing to see the whole party here in Smash!

FE_SLaDe

Smash Apprentice
Mallow for sure.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
That's a nice Croco pic! But it's gotta be Mallow!

Gerrothorax

Smash Apprentice
Im not talking about hassling in comments, it could be just a measure to make less people try to call them or email or go there. Probably anything and everything that would help even a little (reduce attention, etc).

Sorry but a cover up makes less sense.
LOL You really are grasping at straws.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I don't think getting demonetized means anything. that is just youtube being weird.
But why only videos on the leak by people with high knowledge and on team real that get this

There’s rumors the same thing is happening with papagenos papagenos

I don’t see other videos getting this (besides ones that are against the rules)

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
What I'm curious about when it comes to the whole Grinch leak is that, at least from what I've seen, Nintendo hasn't made any action whatsoever in response. Obviously, if the leak is real, Nintendo cannot make any official statement about it. But at the same time, I feel like they would definitely have tried to take it down in some places I just haven't heard that happening.

If the leak is fake, Nintendo would take no action period. And unless I'm missing something, that appears to be the case. Not saying that it's definitely fake though, just a curious observation.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
What I'm curious about when it comes to the whole Grinch leak is that, at least from what I've seen, Nintendo hasn't made any action whatsoever in response. Obviously, if the leak is real, Nintendo cannot make any official statement about it. But at the same time, I feel like they would definitely have tried to take it down in some places I just haven't heard that happening.

If the leak is fake, Nintendo would take no action period. And unless I'm missing something, that appears to be the case. Not saying that it's definitely fake though, just a curious observation.
Yea but the statement was definately not till after smash 4 was out when ESRB leak came out

Nintendo did nothing about the ESRB leak till after the game official came out

KanataLen

Smash Apprentice
Similarly to what was stated earlier, the only way I could possibly conceive that this leak could be real would be sakurai's statement about showing off the design of every character before launch, which would also address the ridiculous pace of reveals they have had.

So far every character that has been shown off seemed fully complete, and with the pace that they had been going at with characters for the past 5 years, having so many more to do would require a lot more time to finish them for release. This would also address the matter of Sakurai's statement regarding their possible mistake in the pace of their reveals.

My biggest provider of doubt however, must be the fact that his first statements regarding new characters was to "not expect too many" which makes the current number plus 2-3 more seem like the most likely scenario.

Granted, if this leak is real, I would consider it the best timeline, even with the inclusion of chorus kids. (I'm sorry, but I have never played rhythm heaven and I just can't stand their design).

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
TheBeastHimself TheBeastHimself Nintendo took no action against the ESRB leak until actual video footage came out of it, which were very quickly taken down. There's no real way to "take down" an image leak that has spread this furiously. Videos are another story, as those have hosting sites, usually YouTube, where it is easy to get content removed if you're a company like Nintendo.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It'll obviously be Mallow unless Mallow's somehow Incorporated into Geno's moveset or Final Smash.

Add in: Sakurai had said "don't expect too many characters" about each game since 2006. Part of the issue is semantics, that it's a translation, and that "too many" is super vague with no measurable parameters. Even if all 7 characters were confirmed, Ultimate would still have fewer newcomers in the base roster than SSB4 did.

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
But why only videos on the leak by people with high knowledge and on team real that get this

There’s rumors the same thing is happening with papagenos papagenos

I don’t see other videos getting this (besides ones that are against the rules)
that feels like tinfoil hat territory. Youtube videos get demonetized all the times. many times without making any sense why. and there are countless reasons that they can be demonetized. don't think it's a place we can use to get any information.

it feels like people are using the slightest things as proof for the leak.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
LOL You really are grasping at straws.
What do you mean? Making big conclusions based on little things (that may be related, but not in the way want it to be) like videos taken down is straw grasping. I'm being skeptical and holding out for the actual truth.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
1540760282601.gif

Did you guys see this interesting evidence? Could mean something about the last presentation, could mean nothing

The Isaac thread had that one theory about the delay

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Could you explain it? (what you mean by evidence)
When Isabelle was added to the site right after the direct, the banner had problems. The place it had problems just happens to be where Isaac is in the leaked banner.

The Isaac thread had a theory that Isaac was supposed to be shown in the last direct but was removed after the earthquake for sensibility reasons

Teeb147

Smash Legend
When Isabelle was added to the site right after the direct, the banner had problems. The place it had problems just happens to be where Isaac is in the leaked banner.

The Isaac thread had a theory that Isaac was supposed to be shown in the last direct but was removed after the earthquake for sensibility reasons
I see. thanks.
It doesnt make much sense though because the code for the buttons doesnt have to do with the image (artwork) part. One character not being drawn in some place of the image wouldn't change it. But still interesting

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I see. thanks.
It doesnt make much sense though because the code for the buttons doesnt have to do with the image (artwork) part. One character not being drawn in some place of the image wouldn't change it. But still interesting
Code for buttons?
Edit: I'm saying the image itself had problems

Little Mac's glove is cut off, as well as Olimar's helmet.

Like it was quickly patched over

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I see. thanks.
The tabs for fighters and such, you mean? Yeah, those weren't affected by the edit, as they wouldn't be (the scrolling banner in behind them.)

The cut there is so obvious even I noticed it when it happened. I had no idea what it meant at the time, but now it's far too hard to ignore: someone was cropped out of that image, and that someone was probably Isaac. You could argue that just makes a case for him and not the whole banner, but with the positioning being the same...that's WAY too coincidental.

Yeesh...how much more evidence is this gonna take?

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Ok thanks for clarification. It looks to me like there were other problems. Anyway I'd probably have to look more into it to say more.

TBone06

Smash Ace
The tabs for fighters and such, you mean? Yeah, those weren't affected by the edit, as they wouldn't be (the scrolling banner in behind them.)

The cut there is so obvious even I noticed it when it happened. I had no idea what it meant at the time, but now it's far too hard to ignore: someone was cropped out of that image, and that someone was probably Isaac. You could argue that just makes a case for him and not the whole banner, but with the positioning being the same...that's WAY too coincidental.

Yeesh...how much more evidence is this gonna take?
Yeah, there is no doubt in my mind that there is a reason why there was a mess up on the banner. SOMETHING happened, we just don't know what. I always say, where there's smoke, there's fire. It very well could have to do with Isaac, I HOPE it does. But we may never know. But I do find it very peculiar that this came up. I didn't notice it at the time. But yes, I do agree that it's way too coincidental. There's a reason why that happened. They were covering something up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom