• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Was it confirmed that the missing blog number was isabelle's?
Yes it was. thing about the blog posts is that they are all assigned numbers and appear in order. when the delay happened the numbers started appearing out of order. and once Isabelle was revealed the numbera that were originally supposed to show up next were hers and then in the coming weeks the blog posts that were missing got filled back in and the blog since then has continued back in order.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yes it was. thing about the blog posts is that they are all assigned numbers and appear in order. when the delay happened the numbers started appearing out of order. and once Isabelle was revealed that the numbera that were originally supposed to show up next were hers and then in the coming weeks the blog posts all that were missing got filled back in and the blog since then has continued back in order.
So if it was confirmed that isabelle got that number, and the other numbers of the time came up too, then no other fighter couldve been in at the nintendo direct right?

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
So if it was confirmed that isabelle got that number, and the other numbers of the time came up too, then no other fighter couldve been in at the nintendo direct right?
It's basically impossible. with what we know with how the site works and how much it has been planned ahead there is no way Isaac was meant to be there. there is no space for him in the blog within that time frame.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's basically impossible. with what we know with how the site works and how much it has been planned ahead there is no way Isaac was meant to be there. there is no space for him in the blog within that time frame.
Do you know if there's a link for this info or compilation of these blog numbers and what showed up when?
Just asking in case you already have a link or w/e..

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Do you know if there's a link for this info or compilation of these blog numbers and what showed up when?
Just asking in case you already have a link or w/e..
They have a list of all the numbers documented so far at the bottom

https://docs.google.com/document/d/...uhJFn1fbBETi7NN2I/edit#heading=h.vn5et837lijf

Characters revealed take up 3 numbers. 1 for the reveal trailer, 1 for their showcase video, and 1 for the memories.
there is something labeled scrapped and an empty space between bowser and Ganon. but it needs 3. plus memories go with the individual video slots so it would need 2 empty slots side by side.

only way you could possibly make it work is if they didn't have a memory for Isaac. which would they really show him and not explain his origin when he's a bit more of an obscure character? and every new character has gotten a memory. (except for Ridley and Inkling apparently but that was at the beginning)

link2702

Smash Champion
In all the recent fanart i see, it shows geno with his gun arm always out, but tbh, I still envision him with a setup more like megaman, the weapon only shows up when he’s attacking. Also because it changes depending on his weapon in smrpg, I just don’t see it always being that one gun based on his mii gunner outfit.

Also I have been thinking more about how his moves would work other than specials.

So far I’ve thought of some for jab, rapid jab, and dsmash.

Jab-the attack mario does wearing the punch glove gotten in molville. Nice simple 3 hitjab, first punch, second upercut, followed by the third punch looking the same as the first
(having knock back of course.)
Rapid jab- first two hits, followed by him using finger shot. The bullets actually explode in a tiny pop a slight distance away (not too far of course, overall it’d still have a similar range as other rapid jabs, maybe just “slightly” better), the final ending hit has him shoot a bullet from each finger all at once and they all pop at once with a slightly larger blast knocking opponents back.

Down smash- double rocket punch. Geno crouches slightly and shoots both his arms out away from him.

Also, I’ve been thinking, to kinda standout even more in a humorous way, how would y’all feel if geno’s fists don’t fully shoot away with rocket punch, but rather, are still attached and you see that his hands have a sort of extension to them, similar to the ultra hand toy Nintendo created before jumping into video games? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_Hand

So everytime he does a smash that uses the rocket punch(down and forward) you see the quick explosion as they rapidly shoot forwards a short distance before stopping, followed by him retracting his hands afterward, this way it doesn’t just have them disappear like megaman’s down air, only to somehow return, while also kinda fitting with his whole doll/toy aspect.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

https://docs.google.com/document/d/...uhJFn1fbBETi7NN2I/edit#heading=h.vn5et837lijf

Characters revealed take up 3 numbers. 1 for the reveal trailer, 1 for their showcase video, and 1 for the memories.
there is something labeled scrapped and an empty space between bowser and Ganon. but it needs 3. plus memories go with the individual video slots so it would need 2 empty slots side by side.

only way you could possibly make it work is if they didn't have a memory for Isaac. which would they really show him and not explain his origin when he's a bit more of an obscure character? and every new character has gotten a memory. (except for Ridley and Inkling apparently but that was at the beginning)
Oo nice, that's a nice document. I didnt find that. Thanks :)
I think it's pretty good evidence against the new image theory, too.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583

Yeah...I forgot about the blog numbers. That's a decent point against this image thing. Doesn't kill the leak entirely of course, but it does remove some evidence. Granted, there's still a formidable pile of evidence in its favor, so it doesn't change much.

Ugh...I'm getting motion sickness from all the flip-flopping. Can we get off the ride now?:p

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
look at pacmans smile at the right you can see there is a cut there. this is the same position where geno can be found

Attachments

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Yeah...I forgot about the blog numbers. That's a decent point against this image thing. Doesn't kill the leak entirely of course, but it does remove some evidence. Granted, there's still a formidable pile of evidence in its favor, so it doesn't change much.

Ugh...I'm getting motion sickness from all the flip-flopping. Can we get off the ride now?:p
This speculation season has been a rollercoaster indeed. and this wait between Isabelle and our next reveal has been the WORST. so much could be solved by just showing 1 character. and then we could all cool are jets and hopefully just enjoy the rest of the hype season.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
This speculation season has been a rollercoaster indeed. and this wait between Isabelle and our next reveal has been the WORST. so much could be solved by just showing 1 character. and then we could all cool are jets and hopefully just enjoy the rest of the hype season.
It'll be over in five weeks; just relax and enjoy the ride on the hype train.

Also, count me in for team real. There's no way any leaker is paying money to print a poster that size just to trick people.

Gentlemen, we may very well have succeeded.

TBone06

Smash Ace

Also, count me in for team real. There's no way any leaker is paying money to print a poster that size just to trick people.

Probably less, we'll likely get a direct in the next couple of weeks. You'd think once we could see the placement of the newcomer on the banner, we would be able to confirm or deny this leak. I just hope it's Geno revealed regardless. I have to agree with a bunch of you, the past month or so has been terrible. But we're in the home stretch. I'm itchin for something new.

gzmee

Smash Apprentice
after over 72 hours of lying to myself, i've been converted. i am (tentatively) on team real. i really didn't want to believe it, but i think we got grinched. this is it chief.
hey. at least we can laugh about it. "the esrb leaked the smash 4 roster" is boring. "the grinch leaked the smash ultimate roster" is hilarious. :laugh:

Last edited:

KanataLen

Smash Apprentice
In all the recent fanart i see, it shows geno with his gun arm always out, but tbh, I still envision him with a setup more like megaman, the weapon only shows up when he’s attacking. Also because it changes depending on his weapon in smrpg, I just don’t see it always being that one gun based on his mii gunner outfit.

Also I have been thinking more about how his moves would work other than specials.

So far I’ve thought of some for jab, rapid jab, and dsmash.

Jab-the attack mario does wearing the punch glove gotten in molville. Nice simple 3 hitjab, first punch, second upercut, followed by the third punch looking the same as the first
(having knock back of course.)
Rapid jab- first two hits, followed by him using finger shot. The bullets actually explode in a tiny pop a slight distance away (not too far of course, overall it’d still have a similar range as other rapid jabs, maybe just “slightly” better), the final ending hit has him shoot a bullet from each finger all at once and they all pop at once with a slightly larger blast knocking opponents back.

Down smash- double rocket punch. Geno crouches slightly and shoots both his arms out away from him.

Also, I’ve been thinking, to kinda standout even more in a humorous way, how would y’all feel if geno’s fists don’t fully shoot away with rocket punch, but rather, are still attached and you see that his hands have a sort of extension to them, similar to the ultra hand toy Nintendo created before jumping into video games? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_Hand

So everytime he does a smash that uses the rocket punch(down and forward) you see the quick explosion as they rapidly shoot forwards a short distance before stopping, followed by him retracting his hands afterward, this way it doesn’t just have them disappear like megaman’s down air, only to somehow return, while also kinda fitting with his whole doll/toy aspect.

Yeah, this is along the lines of what I always imagined him doing for attacks, though for just the 1-2-3 i thought perhaps a final hit like fox's would make him seem a bit more dynamic. It would be cool to see the different weapons incorporated in a way to show increasing power for his tilt's/smashes something like the cannon verses the star gun for his f-tilt and f-smash. All i know is that the sakurai team would do justice to Geno if he's in.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Um.. it was a tiny band, not a big poster.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Seen some people talking about this post on Twitter; don't know anything about the guy but it seems interesting enough to share: https://twitter.com/MysticDistance/status/1056720619113455616

[EDIT] Sorry, I don't know how to embed this post.
I just saw this myself. Thought it was pretty interesting. But I know nothing about this person, thus I know nothing of how credible he is. I'd love to believe him, but again, who knows, it could just be some random.

Does anyone know anything about this person?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Um.. it was a tiny band, not a big poster.
It wasn't exactly "BIG," but it wasn't tiny, either. It seems to be meant for that diagram of a circular ornament just under the "LOL."

It'd actually be something that's a decent length (though still small compared to actual posters) if you hung it on your wall.
I just saw this myself. Thought it was pretty interesting. But I know nothing about this person, thus I know nothing of how credible he is. I'd love to believe him, but again, who knows, it could just be some random.

I don't really know about his past, but I've read that he's leaked stuff before, and he's from KHinsider.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I am just gonna say it, I have shifted to team real as well. I was neutral for a long time, but I just can't ignore how much the evidence for it outweighs the evidence against it, especially after watching the latest video's of papagenos papagenos and Billybae10K Billybae10K .

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Seen some people talking about this post on Twitter; don't know anything about the guy but it seems interesting enough to share: https://twitter.com/MysticDistance/status/1056720619113455616

[EDIT] Sorry, I don't know how to embed this post.
His posts are definitely interesting. (with having sources)
To him Geno and Isaac are definitely in, but the rest he's less sure about.

It seems that he's a writer/translator in the gaming industry, especially rpgs (jrpgs i think)

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
That moment when you realize there are 160 people in Isaac's thread and 5 in this one... lol; oh well. At least we're on the same team.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'll post this here too, from Spooky Mystic:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

From other things he said, Geno and Isaac are some of the characters they happened to get right.

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
I'll post this here too, from Spooky Mystic:

From other things he said, Geno and Isaac are some of the characters they happened to get right.
If the banner is fake, but we still get Geno and Isaac, I'll chalk that up as a win. I'd love Banjo and Kazooie too, but if all we get is Geno and Isaac, HUGE win to me.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
He also said Shadow and Incineroar are in.

He said "after careful scrutiny" when saying it's fake, so idk, but of course other characters could end up being in anyways, as he only seems to be sure about the characters who are in. If he was sure about characters who weren't in, he would've put them in the disconfirmed section of his other list in that thread.

Last edited:

owjies

Smash Journeyman
The concept that the leaked banner (or elements of it) may be fake, while other aspects of the leak are true is something that I can get behind. I'm still skeptical, but tertiary information like the possible sprout item and the similarities between the Vifam toy and Mach Rider are eyebrow raising for me.

My feeling anyway is still that the leaker(s) clonestamped and repainted the blank Battlefield background, created original paintings for some or all of the unrevealed characters on the banner, then printed a couple copies out after-hours on their own dime. It could be that there is just enough of the leak that is correct that it's creating chaos behind the scenes regardless of the banner image itself. I'm feeling more neutral overall even though I still think the actual image is fishy.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The concept that the leaked banner (or elements of it) may be fake, while other aspects of the leak are true is something that I can get behind. I'm still skeptical, but tertiary information like the possible sprout item and the similarities between the Vifam toy and Mach Rider are eyebrow raising for me.

My feeling anyway is still that the leaker(s) clonestamped and repainted the blank Battlefield background, created original paintings for some or all of the unrevealed characters on the banner, then printed a couple copies out after hours on their own dime. It could be that there is just enough of the leak that is correct that it's creating chaos behind the scenes regardless of the banner image itself. I'm feeling more neutral overall even though I still think the actual image is fishy.
I agree. I think this makes a lot of sense.
It may really be what confused a lot of people, since it got quite a few things right, and didn't do a terrible job making it convincing (in the event that it's fake).
And I'm looking forward to seeing what actually comes up and gets revealed :)

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Oh, actually, I just realized:

The banner being fake is Mystic's opinion; he said none of his sources would confirm it nor disconfirm it.

It could be fake, but we could end up getting all the characters regardless.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Oh, actually, I just realized:

The banner being fake is Mystic's opinion; he said none of his sources would confirm it nor disconfirm it.

It could be fake, but we could end up getting all the characters regardless.
Probably not all, but a good bunch of them. From what he said; Geno, Isaac, Shadow, Ken, Incineroar(could be leak bait tho)..
And the rest may be up in the air.

Also this other tweet might answer your other concern:

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Probably not all, but a good bunch of them. From what he said; Geno, Isaac, Shadow, Ken, Incineroar (could be leak bait tho).
As long as I get Banjo-Kazooie and Geno I'd be very happy (I'd still be happy regardless but I love Banjo-Kazooie).

I mean, I'd like the Chorus Kids as well, but I've never played Rhythm Heaven so my like for them is pretty much based off their appearance and a video of Glee Club.

At least Box Theory can get buried with Music Theory :awesome:

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
Probably not all, but a good bunch of them. From what he said; Geno, Isaac, Shadow, Ken, Incineroar (could be leak bait tho).

Also this other tweet might answer your other concern:

Realistically, Geno, Isaac, Ken and Shadow would fit in a final direct. One to start the direct, one to end it, and the two echoes in between similar to how Chrom and Dark Samus were revealed. I would be okay with this. Despite all the evidence, I always thought seven characters were a lot in a short period of time. I'd still love it if they were all in, but I'd be fine with those four.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Realistically, Geno, Isaac, Ken and Shadow would fit in a final direct. One to start the direct, one to end it, and the two echoes in between similar to how Chrom and Dark Samus were revealed. I would be okay with this. Despite all the evidence, I always thought seven characters were a lot in a short period of time. I'd still love it if they were all in, but I'd be fine with those four.
Yep that would make sense.
We dont know all of the characters in total though, there could even still be as many but different ones, for all we know ;p
Also, he did say that there IS DLC :)

Last edited:

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. Incineroar always felt like a perfect reveal for a General or Pokemon related direct. I could still see that happening even at this late date. Isaac, Geno, Ken, and Shadow fit the August 8th Smash direct format as well. I still have a good feeling about Banjo, even if he's held off for DLC.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
By looking at Star Road it will be awesome home stage for Geno I wouldn't mind Forest Maze but we got allot forest and jungle stage in smash we need to back away from that. But I would not be if Forest Maze is Geno home stage it was idea from the 4chan rumor.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
By looking at Star Road it will be awesome home stage for Geno I wouldn't mind Forest Maze but we got allot forest and jungle stage in smash we need to back away from that. But I would not be if Forest Maze is Geno home stage it was idea from the 4chan rumor.
No it's not, the Forest Maze being packaged with Geno in Smash has really been the only or most logical stage fans could think of that would be packaged with Geno's inclusion for years.

NukeA6

Smash Master
The Forest Maze is so attached to Geno, there's even a song about it. I'm nowhere a fan of Geno (despite him being among my top 3 most wanted) as all these others and that area of the game is the first thing I think of when I see his name. Even without Geno, the Forest Maze is one of the highlights of the whole game. Only Bowser's Keep and maybe Seaside Town top it.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
No it's not, the Forest Maze being packaged with Geno in Smash has really been the only or most logical stage fans could think of that would be packaged with Geno's inclusion for years.
Okay fare and true man I wish I play more Mario RPG.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
This stands as one of the reasons I remain more on the side of this leak as fake. Sakurai’s comments always seemed to indicate so few newcomers overall, especially in September during that Famistu article,

If they had seven more characters to show off, why in the holy hell did they not show off anything during October after the more meddling reception to Isabelle??? And the overall turn towards hype frustration would give just as much reason to even do a single trailer drop ala Robin...

Unless, the leak is fake and they really only have a couple characters to show. That’s the only way I’ve been able to reconcile all the context outside of the whole Grinch debacle, and I kinda need to stick to it for things to make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom