• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
I would have a hard time thinking they would use anything but the Forest Maze for Geno's stage.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I would have a hard time thinking they would use anything but the Forest Maze for Geno's stage.
I really, really hope it's gonna be Bowser's Keep with Exor in the middle of it. But yeah, it's gonna be Forest Maze. It's just too attached to Geno for it to not be.
Not like that's a bad thing.

Last edited:

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
I really, really hope it's gonna be Bowser's Keep with Exor in the middle of it. But yeah, it's gonna be Forest Maze. It's just too attached to Geno for it to not be.
Not like that's a bad thing.
I would also love to fight at Vista Hill overlooking Bower's Castle and Exor because it's so iconic to the game in general.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
This stands as one of the reasons I remain more on the side of this leak as fake. Sakurai’s comments always seemed to indicate so few newcomers overall, especially in September during that Famistu article,

If they had seven more characters to show off, why in the holy hell did they not show off anything during October after the more meddling reception to Isabelle??? And the overall turn towards hype frustration would give just as much reason to even do a single trailer drop ala Robin...

Unless, the leak is fake and they really only have a couple characters to show. That’s the only way I’ve been able to reconcile all the context outside of the whole Grinch debacle, and I kinda need to stick to it for things to make sense.
Yeah there will just always be things that just seem to stick out as weird and out of place with the Grinch leak for me. I've maybe warmed up a little thinking it could at least be possible. but I'm not really gonna believe it until we see an official character reveal and one of those characters shows up and has the exact pose they would in the leaked image.

watch we get a solo Incineroar reveal and that's it until the direct and everyone flips out xD

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Yeah there will just always be things that just seem to stick out as weird and out of place with the Grinch leak for me. I've maybe warmed up a little thinking it could at least be possible. but I'm not really gonna believe it until we see an official character reveal and one of those characters shows up and has the exact pose they would in the leaked image.

watch we get a solo Incineroar reveal and that's it until the direct and everyone flips out xD
Honestly, I’ve still never been able to shake the idea that we get a Direct and Incineroar is the last unique newcomer. I know that’s the actua worst timeline for us all, but I’ve been trying to brace for that just in case since Sakurai made his comments about slowing down reveals in September.

You have no idea how much I want to be wrong, but just can’t let myself fall in love with the idea of more for fear of being disappointed in a game I have little reason to be disappointed in...

owjies

Smash Journeyman
This has been such a wild ride guys.
The last two months have been so binary in terms of the prevailing theories or leaks. After the amazing 8/8 direct, Box Theory created a very gloomy, pessimistic outlook, "That's it, only Ken and Incineroar from here on." Now the Grinch Leak has swung the pendulum to the opposite extreme. Now we're getting everything, even characters we didn't know we wanted, "Everyone truly is here! Ooh Mach Rider! Chorus Kids too!?" Anyway, I'm thinking (and hoping) that we'll at least get something in-between Box and Grinch.

Last edited:

Laszyking456

Smash Apprentice
Guys sorry, but it might of been debunked. The version he is using in the pictures is the 2016 snap chat that had the three dots in it, while the 2018 doesn't. Someone said this in a video. Hope they are wrong. Rip.

Last edited:

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
Guys sorry, but it might of been debunked. The version he is using in the pictures is the 2016 snap chat that had the three dots in it, while the 2018 doesn't. Someone said this in a video. Hope they are wrong. Rip.
Would the version of Snapchat the leaker used really matter? Even if it did, that still wouldn't explain all the other stuff in the photos.

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
That doesn't make sense. how that of all things would debunk it? you're too easily swayed by other peoples words. you should come to understand the information for yourself and come to your own conclusions not just let people tell you what to believe.

Honestly, I’ve still never been able to shake the idea that we get a Direct and Incineroar is the last unique newcomer. I know that’s the actua worst timeline for us all, but I’ve been trying to brace for that just in case since Sakurai made his comments about slowing down reveals in September.

You have no idea how much I want to be wrong, but just can’t let myself fall in love with the idea of more for fear of being disappointed in a game I have little reason to be disappointed in...
I mean if you want to be extremely careful sure. but only incineroar still feels unlikely to me.
I feel like I'm in a weird spot now. before in the gloomy times I was the one trying to tell everyone it would be better then they thought. now that we have swung in the opposite direction feels like I'm now the one saying not to expect too much. I guess I wasn't an optimist or a pessimist all along. just a realist.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Usually I only watch The Christmas Story during Christmas time but for the upcoming holidays I may have to make time for The Grinch.

Laszyking456

Smash Apprentice
That doesn't make sense. how that of all things would debunk it? you're too easily swayed by other peoples words. you should come to understand the information for yourself and come to your own conclusions not just let people tell you what to believe.

I mean if you want to be extremely careful sure. but only incineroar still feels unlikely to me.
I feel like I'm in a weird spot now. before in the gloomy times I was the one trying to tell everyone it would be better then they thought. now that we have swung in the opposite direction feels like I'm now the one saying not to expect too much. I guess I wasn't an optimist or a pessimist all along. just a realist.
Well i was just reporting what I've heard. Plus imo it isn't fake but, think about it. Why would the person had a outdated of snapchat that is from 2016? Wouldn't you think they update it by then? I'm sticking to my opinion thinking it's real but if it has a possibility of being fake i will report it.

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Usually I only watch The Christmas Story during Christmas time but for the upcoming holidays I may have to make time for The Grinch.
it was all a clever scheme to get promotion for the new movie! although I hope people just watch the original 2D version because that new one looks bad...

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
it was all a clever scheme to get promotion for the new movie! although I hope people just watch the original 2D version because that new one looks bad...
I'm willing to give the new one a shot just because the leak has piqued my interest... but I'll be going in with low expectations because Illumination doesn't have the best track record.

Let's be honest tho: There's no topping the Chuck Jones version.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
As long as I get Geno, I don't really care if it IS true or false.

Although I do like the Grinch characters better than other supposed leaks or rumors.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I'm willing to give the new one a shot just because the leak has piqued my interest... but I'll be going in with low expectations because Illumination doesn't have the best track record.

and this is my greatest fear about the grinch leak. not that it will be fake and get everyones hopes up and therefore making everyone feel disappointed with the game come release.

oh no. my greatest fear is due to association people will give Illumination money.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace

My only question is: Will Welcome Christmas be a faithful choral music piece that's pleasant and cheerful to the ears like the original, or will they make it a trashy pop song, probably with a rap in it too? Knowing how Illumination wants money above all else, I could see it going either way. On one hand, it might be monetarily sound not to piss of fans of the original. On the other, they might assume kids are stupid and will beg their parents to buy the movie on Blu-Ray release if The Grinch raps and does Fortnite dances or something.

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
and this is my greatest fear about the grinch leak. not that it will be fake and get everyones hopes up and therefore making everyone feel disappointed with the game come release.

oh no. my greatest fear is due to association people will give Illumination money.
Eh, even without the leak, people would still go see it. Illumination is notorious for spending more on marketing than their own movies, and that marketing is what gets unsuspecting families interested in seeing it. Sadly, this often leads to the movies themselves being bad or okay at best. but they really don't seem to care as long as they keep raking in cash.

Man, I sure hope Nintendo has a big role in quality control on their Mario movie...

My only question is: Will Welcome Christmas be a faithful choral music piece that's pleasant and cheerful to the ears like the original, or will they make it a trashy pop song, probably with a rap in it too? Knowing how Illumination wants money above all else, I could see it going either way. On one hand, it might be monetarily sound not to piss of fans of the original. On the other, they might assume kids are stupid and will beg their parents to buy the movie on Blu-Ray release if The Grinch raps and does Fortnite dances or something.
Danny Elfman's doing the score, so I imagine Welcome Christmas will be one of the more traditional songs in the movie. Plus, even though they got Tyler the Creator to remix You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch (which I've actually been listening on repeat not long after the leak happened), I think there's a more traditional take on it somewhere on the soundtrack, if some trailers are anything to go by. So it looks like the movie has a little of both to please both modern kids and old fans. I mean, I sure hope it does...

Also, unpopular opinion, but I never got the disdain for Fortnite dances. There's just dances. Let people dance. (that said, they better not make The Grinch do any of them)

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Well i was just reporting what I've heard. Plus imo it isn't fake but, think about it. Why would the person had a outdated of snapchat that is from 2016? Wouldn't you think they update it by then? I'm sticking to my opinion thinking it's real but if it has a possibility of being fake i will report it.
I haven't updated my phone, or most of the apps on it, in years. Not everyone updates their apps on a consistent basis. It would be a bit unusual to not update it after 2 years but not outside the realm of possibility, certainly not enough to debunk the leak.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Eh, even without the leak, people would still go see it. Illumination is notorious for spending more on marketing than their own movies, and that marketing is what gets unsuspecting families interested in seeing it. Sadly, this often leads to the movies themselves being bad or okay at best. but they really don't seem to care as long as they keep raking in cash.

Man, I sure hope Nintendo has a big role in quality control on their Mario movie...

Danny Elfman's doing the score, so I imagine Welcome Christmas will be one of the more traditional songs in the movie. Plus, even though they got Tyler the Creator to remix You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch (which I've actually been listening on repeat not long after the leak happened), I think there's a more traditional take on it somewhere on the soundtrack, if some trailers are anything to go by. So it looks like the movie has a little of both to please both modern kids and old fans. I mean, I sure hope it does...

Also, unpopular opinion, but I never got the disdain for Fortnite dances. There's just dances. Let people dance. (that said, they better not make The Grinch do any of them)
You know what, your last point is fair. I used Fortnite dances as an example since I know they're popular to rag on right now, but I take your stance generally. I have someone who is into a lot of "cringey" things and my brother puts them down all the time for it, meanwhile I always encourage them to have fun liking whatever it is they like.

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
You know what, your last point is fair. I used Fortnite dances as an example since I know they're popular to rag on right now, but I take your stance generally. I have someone who is into a lot of "cringey" things and my brother puts them down all the time for it, meanwhile I always encourage them to have fun liking whatever it is they like.
There needs to be more understanding people on the internet like you.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
There needs to be more understanding people on the internet like you.
Awe, thank you for saying so. And to think I made this profile name and accompanying pic to attempt to be a mild edgeboi (I'm happy to say I'm past that now (for the most part)). I could change my profile pic, but not sure if Premium is worth the name change. :/

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Awe, thank you for saying so. And to think I made this profile name and accompanying pic to attempt to be a mild edgeboi (I'm happy to say I'm past that now (for the most part)). I could change my profile pic, but not sure if Premium is worth the name change. :/
I think you'd do a lot of good by helping associate Pepe the Frog with more positive aspects by continuing to be the way you are while using your avatar.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Wow.

If the grinch leak is real, we would have an amazing roster, and it would be one of the most hilarious leak of Smash Bros history. I mean, when did anyone thought someone would draw the grinch with the Geno costume prior to this leak lol

Anyway, I'm hoping Geno make it in. I'm amazed by this community, supporting him since the Brawl's days show real dedication.

link2702

Smash Champion
Really starting to want a new avatar with geno in it now...just can’t decide on what..

domriver

Smash Lord
As long as I get Geno, I don't really care if it IS true or false.

Although I do like the Grinch characters better than other supposed leaks or rumors.
Good morning people - im in this realm as well with PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate regardless of this leak being real (looks it may be to) or not ( D: ) All signs point to Geno's inclusion in this game. The only other that i have interesting in using from this new leak is Banjo-Kazooie. Everyone else its im cool with. :p I have Rool and Ridley (2 out of my 3) Geno is the final nail and my dream team will finally come to light after 15+ years. jeez.... LOL :) Forward my Geno members! We have no reason to doubt his inclusion. But damnnn we need a direct im hoping for Oct 31st. LOL

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Well... Because of y'all, I'm thinking of changing my profile pic to Geno up until his reveal (because he is coming ;)) I'm gonna try digital art (not my cup of tea) for it since I've been needing more practice in that field. Happy to of been supporting him this entire hype cycle! Even if it was short and this was my first discovering of Geno, still. I'm just happy to support.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
I just went down memory lane this morning what with a friend of mine looking over his old DA page from the Wayback Machine, and lo and behold, Geno support in 2006, lol:

(I used to go by contrafox in the mid-2000s)

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I just went down memory lane this morning what with a friend of mine looking over his old DA page from the Wayback Machine, and lo and behold, Geno support in 2006, lol:

(I used to go by contrafox in the mid-2000s)
That’s a great find, seeing this makes me feel kinda old and actually realize that time waits on no one.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I think you'd do a lot of good by helping associate Pepe the Frog with more positive aspects by continuing to be the way you are while using your avatar.
Exactly, I agree with that. That was pretty much my thought process. I lost the info to my old Smashboards account, and had to make this one. This was around the time the "Pepe is racist" nonsense started, so I decided to don the Pepster. I did it because anyone who knows the meme knows it's a template. Pepe can be anything, and that can include being racist, but of course the meme itself isn't inherently so. Some are just good reaction images, like the crying Pepe's.

That said, this is hardly my worst offense. My philosophy is that, if I met someone on here that would judge me for having a Pepe avatar, and adamantly told me as much, I know they're not worth my time to convince otherwise. I think that's true, but there used to be a time where I would go into places with usernames or pictures objectively designed to cause aggravation to people I disagreed with. For example, it'd be a bit like me wanting a nuanced debate about Geno's merits as a Smash character because I'm not totally sold he'd be a good pick for Smash, but I would be open to changing my mind, while having the user name "GenoAndHisFansSuckLOL". That is more or less what I took a step back from. But on the pepe note I agree with you.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Man, it’s been crazy you guys. If Geno gets in, we should totally make a thank you letter to Sakurai like the K. Rool fans did. I seriously can’t wait :)

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I was really expecting them to reveal a Direct for this week today. We’re at most a week away from one, so I don’t see why they wouldn’t just move one up a week due to the circumstances of this leak at this point...

Like seriously, I get the standard has been a month before for final game focused Directs, but when we’ve been foaming at the mouth for news since September 13th (and quite a few since August 8th), and massive leak that could possibly cause more harm the longer it is allowed to fester (especially if it’s indeed fake), there’s plenty of reason to just forego a week of your original intentions I feel like.

Seriously, this whole community needs that Direct asap. And again, if the leak is fake and this has another week and a half to fester, you’re only creating more upset people...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom