• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, I've been offline for the past few days (might have been playing too much Zelda Twilight princess), and I've been hearing a lot of news about.... the Grinch and smash brothers??? Apparently there's another leak that has something to do with the Grinch, and people are believing it, could someone just give me a quick update on what this Grinch thing is?
Allofit.png

New leak people think might be legit.

It's crazy. It's a really deep leak with so much evidence for and against it.

TBone06

Smash Ace
I posted in the Smash leak discussion thread basically saying "hey, y'all gotta chill a little" because people were going super hard on their "proof" and this and that. And I got a response that roughly translates to "you're opinion doesn't matter, you're part of the Mother 3 fanbase that begged Nintendo 10 years for the game and did the same thing we're doing", meanwhile I wasn't apart of that at all lol.

Am I wrong for thinking that the leak can't be proved 100% real or false, cause everyone seems to think it can.
When people are proven wrong they try and attack people as a sign of weakness. So I don't think you're wrong at all.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Man, regardless if the banner leak is real or not, leakers have really been stepping up their game this speculation season. I don't think I'm going to be around for the speculation season for the next Smash because of the leakers.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Geno's in, I'm going to retire from speculation. I would have already gotten all I wanted

TBone06

Smash Ace
If Geno's in, I'm going to retire from speculation. I would have already gotten all I wanted
I second this. Especially if Isaac and BK join the game too. The only character I’d want is Dixie, but I would be way more than satisfied with this one.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I finally got King K. Rool and Ridley in this game, so I'm not going to be around next time even if Banjo-Kazooie doesn't make it in. I still would love to see Goemon from the Ganbare Goemon/Mystical Ninja series, but that's a pipe dream more than anything else.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
So, I've been offline for the past few days (might have been playing too much Zelda Twilight princess), and I've been hearing a lot of news about.... the Grinch and smash brothers??? Apparently there's another leak that has something to do with the Grinch, and people are believing it, could someone just give me a quick update on what this Grinch thing is?
Oh gosh, soo...

A Snapchat photo taken of someone’s video was found and distributed with a wristband printout of the alleged full roster art on it. I’m not sure if the person on Snapchat intended for this to reach who it has.

- Characters have been sensibly moved around. Aspects of characters hidden in previous iterations are shown due to changing who is overlapping who, with this happening across the whole picture with various characters. An image of the empty battlefield is displayed, too.

- The characters were moved to accommodate 7 as of now unrevealed fighters on it, and no one can find matching renders online for their positions in the art. Those characters are Geno, Isaac, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, Shadow, Ken, and Banjo Kazooie. The renders of the new fighters seem to fit with the rest of cast (from what we can see from the blurry screenshot of a printout).

- Background of the photo also had a totally separate project shown in it, similarly unreleased renders for an upcoming animated Grinch movie. The room itself is a convincing pro office setting with industrial sized printers. The art has convincing templates/crop marks in/around it.

- If it’s real these were either leaked by someone named Eric Bricard or someone impersonating Eric. People have determined the guy works for this type of industry and a former employer of his has connections to Bandai Namco.

- These reveals match a text leak that didn’t get much attention back in September, but is now because everything shown here was in it.

- Trademarks for all aforementioned characters were renewed fairly recently, the exception being Ken and Geno. This is presumably because they are from franchises that already had representation in the previous title (ie Ryu and the Geno costume).

- The number of new stages needed to represent the non-echo characters would bring the total stage count to 108, which matches the amount said on an earlier CoroCoro publication about Smash.

- The amount of characters (plus random and when Echoes are configured to get their own slots) would have a really sick UI with no space left over.

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
I don't think the Banjo Kazooie trademark is anything special to be honest. It's just the game called "Banjo-Kazooie", not the franchise.

I really want the Grinch Leak to be true, but at this moment, I don't have any reason to believe it except the picture looking really nice. But if it ends up being true, I'll probably retire from Smash Speculations, because that's just AWESOME.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
An interesting point I've been thinking about is how Banjo Kazooie had it's copyright renewed, but not conker. Even though Conker is getting merchandise, etc. as well as Banjo.

I wonder if it, along with Nintendo recently putting up a page on Banjo Kazooie, could actually mean Banjo Kazooie is going to be on the N64 classic

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I don't think the Banjo Kazooie trademark is anything special to be honest. It's just the game called "Banjo-Kazooie", not the franchise.

I really want the Grinch Leak to be true, but at this moment, I don't have any reason to believe it except the picture looking really nice. But if it ends up being true, I'll probably retire from Smash Speculations, because that's just AWESOME.
Well, Nintendo renewed K. Rool's trademark back in 2015 and look where we are at now.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Question for this thread, other than Geno, who are you excited for in this leak, assuming it's real? I am super happy that all of these requested character's are getting there day, but I have recently gained a soft spot for Mach Rider as I decided to learn about him/her for this leak.

Klimax

Smash Ace
An interesting point I've been thinking about is how Banjo Kazooie had it's copyright renewed, but not conker. Even though Conker is getting merchandise, etc. as well as Banjo.

I wonder if it, along with Nintendo recently putting up a page on Banjo Kazooie, could actually mean Banjo Kazooie is going to be on the N64 classic
I think it's just because Conker was released in 2001 while Banjo Kazooie was released in 1998. In my opinion, that's just a coincidence, maybe they have to renew the trademark every 10 years.

Microsoft owns the franchise, but maybe Nintendo own the right on the games Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie. But now that I think about it, Nintendo owned Diddy Kong Racing but still couldn't use Banjo and Conker. So yeah maybe they talked with Microsoft. I don't know, that's crazy.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Question for this thread, other than Geno, who are you excited for in this leak, assuming it's real? I am super happy that all of these requested character's are getting there day, but I have recently gained a soft spot for Mach Rider as I decided to learn about him/her for this leak.
After playing through Golden Sun start to finish I would be thrilled to play as him. I think he would have a very unique move set being a sword using magic user.

Banjo Kazooie would also be amazing to play as. I’d love to play as them. It also would be a unique move set and it would fulfill all my childhood wishes.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
Question for this thread, other than Geno, who are you excited for in this leak, assuming it's real?
I played so much Banjo-Kazooie as a kid but never even thought Banjo-Kazooie was possible, so now that the option is on the table and possibly happening I’m absolutely thrilled about it.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Shadow is in my top three most wanted.
Ken is my favorite Street Fighter's character (alongside Juri)
Banjo Kazooie are in my top 5 and Tooie is one of my favorite 3D platformer.
Isaac is in my top 3.
Mach Rider is my most wanted retro character, i though about him many times and i think that he could be unique (what about having him always moving ?). And as someone who loves retro, I really want him !
Don't care about the Chorus Kids but hey, a new franchise, that's cool.

So yeah, that leak is like a real dream to me (but it's sad to not see Dixie).

ShroomEL

Smash Apprentice
Oh gosh, soo...

A Snapchat photo taken of someone’s video was found and distributed with a wristband printout of the alleged full roster art on it. I’m not sure if the person on Snapchat intended for this to reach who it has.

- Characters have been sensibly moved around. Aspects of characters hidden in previous iterations are shown due to changing who is overlapping who, with this happening across the whole picture with various characters. An image of the empty battlefield is displayed, too.

- The characters were moved to accommodate 7 as of now unrevealed fighters on it, and no one can find matching renders online for their positions in the art. Those characters are Geno, Isaac, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, Shadow, Ken, and Banjo Kazooie. The renders of the new fighters seem to fit with the rest of cast (from what we can see from the blurry screenshot of a printout).

- Background of the photo also had a totally separate project shown in it, similarly unreleased renders for an upcoming animated Grinch movie. The room itself is a convincing pro office setting with industrial sized printers. The art has convincing templates/crop marks in/around it.

- If it’s real these were either leaked by someone named Eric Bricard or someone impersonating Eric. People have determined the guy works for this type of industry and a former employer of his has connections to Bandai Namco.

- These reveals match a text leak that didn’t get much attention back in September, but is now because everything shown here was in it.

- Trademarks for all aforementioned characters were renewed fairly recently, the exception being Ken and Geno. This is presumably because they are from franchises that already had representation in the previous title (ie Ryu and the Geno costume).

- The number of new stages needed to represent the non-echo characters would bring the total stage count to 108, which matches the amount said on an earlier CoroCoro publication about Smash.

- The amount of characters (plus random and when Echoes a configured to get their own slots) would have a really sick UI with no space left over.
Oh boy, that's interesting. Thanks for the info :)

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Banjo-Kazooie, Isaac, Shadow, and maybe Chorus Kids. :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Banjo definitely

Though, I'm not a fan of the chorus kids but they, in the least, would probably be interesting to play as.

ShroomEL

Smash Apprentice
Banjo Kazooie. I hadn't played Banjo Kazooie up until a week ago, but now Banjo appeals much more to me as a newcomer.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
actually later it was learned that he hasn't worked for the company that has done work for namco in 2 years. and instead now works for a different company that has no connection to namco or nintendo. (I heard they also haven't done work for Illumination which is doing the grinch movie but haven't found the source yet to be sure)
this is a recent change in information people keep forgetting so thought I should clarify so we don't spread misinformation

but yeah some of us were getting a bit passionate about it being fake but we've cooled down mostly over here. I'll admit it's starting to look more convincing over time but I'm not quite ready to call it real.

I'll be happy if it is real but at the same time I'd also be upset that the full cast got leaked. Imagine how epic of a surprise this would have been if we were all still assuming that we would only get 3 more characters total! but there is not much hope for that for most of us now. information on the internet spreads fast and it's hard to hide from it in our age.

I feel bad for the smash pros and smash youtubers who have seen it when they didn't want to.

really I blame the swarm of youtubers that have built their channels off of talking about leaks.
well them along with the youtube algorithm thinking "oh you like smash ultimate? here have all these videos with the leaked characters plastered over the thumbnails!" like really guys?! all you care about is having your click bait thumbnails so you can get your short amount of fame until the game comes out and your channels die. you don't care about all the people who want to still be surprised. who want to enjoy the reveals as Sakurai intended. no you just let your greed get the better of you and post every fake leak possible to mess with peoples emotions and get views without putting hardly any effort in to make real quality content

whoa that turned into a rant. and to be fair I could always not look. but you know you start to worry when you see one that doesn't have your character in and with it constantly bombarding you it's difficult not to cave..... I'm a little frustrated...

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
For me? Isaac. Been wanting him for a long time. I'm excited for Geno, Isaac, and Banjo, neutral to Chorus Kids and Mach Rider, and not so happy about Ken.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The new company has no evidence they work on movies, however there was an image of an Assassin's Creed Unity prop or whatever that was supposedly on their website, so they may work with videogames at least.

I don't have the image, though; it was either on Reddit or...well, far back in the discussion thread...

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I posted in the Smash leak discussion thread basically saying "hey, y'all gotta chill a little" because people were going super hard on their "proof" and this and that. And I got a response that roughly translates to "you're opinion doesn't matter, you're part of the Mother 3 fanbase that begged Nintendo 10 years for the game and did the same thing we're doing", meanwhile I wasn't apart of that at all lol.

Am I wrong for thinking that the leak can't be proved 100% real or false, cause everyone seems to think it can.
No, you’re not wrong, cause I’m thinking the same thing. I saw a person on that thread last night that basically said something on the lines of “the people think that the leak is real, think we’re [one’s thinking the link is fake] wrong, but I don’t think we are” well, if that isn’t the most condescending and conceited BS that I’ve ever heard in my life, then I don’t know what is. I’m not even gonna bother going back 30+ pages to find it on that thread, because that thread moves at the speed of light. :ohwell:

EDIT: I apologize if this comes off as negative in any way.

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
For me? Isaac. Been wanting him for a long time. I'm excited for Geno, Isaac, and Banjo, neutral to Chorus Kids and Mach Rider, and not so happy about Ken.
Same, I’m excited for those exact characters plus Shadow, I’ve been wanting him since Brawl, but Ken is okay, but seems meh to me.

TBone06

Smash Ace
https://i.imgtc.com/JUa3n2w.png

now if I was to choose sides based off the people on each side I'd go with Team Fake. sorry papa but I trust SourceGaming more than anyone else.
I watched SourceGaming’s live stream the other night and honestly I was very underwhelmed with their arguments. It almost was like they were against it more because they didn’t want to get their hopes up. I just didn’t think it was all that insightful.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
From what I've heard about SourceGaming's arguments, they were pretty much the same as the usual "it's blurry and could be faked so it's probably fake," which means it could be legitimate instead so eh...

Someone, I don't know who, even thought the Banjo-Kazooie were taken from Smashified's render, which is silly as they're clearly different...

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace
I finally got King K. Rool and Ridley in this game, so I'm not going to be around next time even if Banjo-Kazooie doesn't make it in. I still would love to see Goemon from the Ganbare Goemon/Mystical Ninja series, but that's a pipe dream more than anything else.
Goemon and Chrono would be the characters I'd want as DLC, but yeah, I'm pretty much good once Geno gets in.

yakko789

Smash Apprentice
I think I'm just going to mainly stick around in the Geno thread for now on. Don't like all the leak discussions going on. Lot of nasty fighting going on. You point out the fighting, and people try to drag you into the fight by calling you out for pretty much nothing. You try to contribute to the discussion and people just throw out some wise-cracking comments and insults to bash your opinion and feed their ever-expanding ego. I don't see these types of debates too much here, but it's still here, and the Geno thread is pretty chill so I think I'll set up camp and stay here. I could just be a baby cause you know it's the internet so people can do and say whatever they want, but I already got enough negativity in my life and I don't need the last place I go to chill out to swarm me with negativity as well.
For real! This thread is a great place to be. Just sit back and relax. I deal with the negativity by going to Instagram and searching the #geno, and there is seriously so much fan art popping up! Also, the best way to spread smash bros cheer is speculating loud for all to hear. xDD Lol, I know that's an Elf quote, but Elf > Grinch.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
All of them, really, but I'm most excited for Mach Rider. Really interested to see how they would play, and I do love my retros.
Although Isaac and Banjo getting in would be super cool on principle alone.

Laszyking456

Smash Apprentice
It's been a bit since I've been in here (which I regret XD). How's everyone? Thoughts on the Grinch leak?
Well glad to see you're back :). Anyways, about the leak..... I'm of course still on team real and despite all the evidence against it there is a lot that goes with it. Regardless if it's real or fake Geno is in. P.s. it would be nice to also have isaac,Mach rider and banjo and kazooie too.

Last edited:

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
actually later it was learned that he hasn't worked for the company that has done work for namco in 2 years. and instead now works for a different company that has no connection to namco or nintendo. (I heard they also haven't done work for Illumination which is doing the grinch movie but haven't found the source yet to be sure)
this is a recent change in information people keep forgetting so thought I should clarify so we don't spread misinformation
I didn’t spread misinformation though.
I said former employer, which is accurate.

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I keep reading both sides on this mural thing and it's really ticking me off that they're forgetting one (or several) crucial element of this whole thing: This mural is specifically made for a sky tube display, not for a wall poster. These are not just simple paper/posters, this is completely different material separated into three parts. Plus, there will possibility be light inside. If you wanted to make the characters standout and not get clashed with certain elements in the background, you would make certain edits to the background itself. And for a light being inside, ever tried a lamp with a different shade? It looks different when the light is on, right? Whatever colors their using for this sky tube, it's to make it so the light brings it to life.

I don't understand why no one talks about this. Unless I've missed it.

I'm no expert at this. Just observations I've been making. People are forgetting what this mural's purpose is for.

Edit: words
Thoughts from the Isaac Thread (also posted in general)

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
So overall, is the leak still hard to tell if it's real or fake? Or is it leaning more towards one side?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So overall, is the leak still hard to tell if it's real or fake? Or is it leaning more towards one side?
I don't think anyone can tell. We might only be able to find out from the next direct

If this is fake, or even if it's true, it might go down as one of the most infamous in Smash history

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
From what I seem to gather, the community is, currently slightly leaning towards real at the moment, however in this ever-changing world in which we live in, that could easily be subject to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom