• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm really glad I got the Geno essay done but the waiting game is going to be kind of agonizing. My friends' intel about a Direct the week of the 6th from like a month ago was right but, you know, it's Pokemon so the irony is kind of crippling. I think I've got knots in my shoulders the size of oranges... If Nintendo's ballsy enough to announce what I think they're going to announce in the Pokemon Direct, the wait for the General Direct is going to be pure torture...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm really glad I got the Geno essay done but the waiting game is going to be kind of agonizing. My friends' intel about a Direct the week of the 6th from like a month ago was right but, you know, it's Pokemon so the irony is kind of crippling. I think I've got knots in my shoulders the size of oranges... If Nintendo's ballsy enough to announce what I think they're going to announce in the Pokemon Direct, the wait for the General Direct is going to be pure torture...
****! I knew it! We will have to wait until February don't we?! Damnit all lol!

Firox

Smash Master
I can just imagine the day that Geno finally becomes playable....

Most of us: "OH. MY. GOSH! Praise Sakurai, the day has finally come! Our dreams have come true!"

Fatman (nodding approvingly): "Yes.....finally I can rest and smile on a grateful universe."

Wynn: "What, no elbow cannons? Trash. Total trash. Might as well bring back the Mii costume. Ultimate is doomed. DOOMED, I say!"

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
What could they possibly announce in the Pokemon direct that would in any way affect the general direct? It would be weird for them to announce a general or smash direct within a Pokemon direct.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
'Welcome to the Pokemon direct. Our newest plan: Pokemon DLC for Swish! That's right you can download all the Pokemon we brutally cut out of the game in order to make room for TOP animations and some other crap we promised shut up.

Oh, it's not a DLC package. You need to download each Pokemon individually, each costing $5. Evolutions sold separately. Shinies are an extra $7. In fact, just give us your bank accounts!'

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I still think it will be January but my main worry about the 16th rumor is that Directs and Amiibo waves haven't happened in the same week yet according to this chart one of my contacts made:

screenshot-docs.google.com-2019.12.14-11_32_58.png

Going off this chart, it suggests a Direct AFTER the Amiibo wave release and, I dunno guys, I might be a pile of dust by then...

Heoj

Smash Ace
i dont really see why the direct cant be the same week as the new amiibo tho.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
i dont really see why the direct cant be the same week as the new amiibo tho.
It can still happen; I'm just pointing out that it hasn't yet, weirdly enough. Still, I follow a common tradition where I don't drink the entirety of January as a sort of "cleanse" and this is literally me right now learning the General Direct is still at least a week and a half away:

sefk2.jpg

D

Deleted member

This statement confuses me - don't divulge anything that you can't or shouldn't, but why wouldn't they announce a Pokemon related item in a Pokemon direct? Seems odd to hold off a Pokemon announcement until after the dedicated direct that no one asked for.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
This statement confuses me - don't divulge anything that you can't or shouldn't, but why wouldn't they announce a Pokemon related item in a Pokemon direct? Seems odd to hold off a Pokemon announcement until after the dedicated direct that no one asked for.
The knots in Fatman’s shoulders are about to look like this guy’s

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
No, no, it would still be Pokemon related. What I'm saying is if Nintendo knocks out those two remake rumors this early in the year, we're in for a hell of a time in 2020. Like I said, I personally wasn't expecting the remake announcements until E3 but this could very well be them given this came out of nowhere.

D

Deleted member

No, no, it would still be Pokemon related. What I'm saying is if Nintendo knocks out those two remake rumors this early in the year, we're in for a hell of a time in 2020. Like I said, I personally wasn't expecting the remake announcements until E3 but this could very well be them given this came out of nowhere.
Ok, that makes a lot more sense. It's been thirteen years since Gen 4 and given the other remakes/reboots/revivals (the hore trinity, if you will) that you've hinted at, I could see this one being the first to be shown off, especially if it gives people a way to enjoy the Sword/Shield Pokemon in another region with a bigger pool of Pokemon to choose from. And general fixes to the quality of the game.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I can just imagine the day that Geno finally becomes playable....

Most of us: "OH. MY. GOSH! Praise Sakurai, the day has finally come! Our dreams have come true!"

Fatman (nodding approvingly): "Yes.....finally I can rest and smile on a grateful universe."

Wynn: "What, no elbow cannons? Trash. Total trash. Might as well bring back the Mii costume. Ultimate is doomed. DOOMED, I say!"
Yes, because if you look back at any comment you'll see that I'm particularly picky on how playable characters are implemented. Jeezums, just because I don't certain things in Smash Bros doesn't mean hate everything.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So while on the topic of Pokemon: Which Pokemon would you like to see get in Smash the most? I really would like Deoxys because of his crazy transformations and psychic abilities.
I really want Meowth (stand-alone fighter) or Team Rocket (Meowth, Ekans, and Koffing as a team fighter). I just want Meowth. Period.

Firox

Smash Master
Yes, because if you look back at any comment you'll see that I'm particularly picky on how playable characters are implemented. Jeezums, just because I don't certain things in Smash Bros doesn't mean hate everything.
I'm just messing around. You don't have to take the satire literally. But for the record, what's your favorite thing about Ultimate?

link2702

Smash Champion
so THAT'S the user that got that demonic little dog and duck in smash...

:| My main does not like you.

D

Deleted member

You're not that old, Fatman, jeez... :4pacman:
It's common for us 'boomers' to feel old though. Like, I'm only 27 but suffer from rheumatoid arthritis. There's 60 year olds that can function physically better than I can. I haven't been able to walk, run or shag properly in years.

God, I'm old. :[

zferolie

Smash Hero
It's common for us 'boomers' to feel old though. Like, I'm only 27 but suffer from rheumatoid arthritis. There's 60 year olds that can function physically better than I can. I haven't been able to walk, run or shag properly in years.

God, I'm old. :[
Only 27? I turn 35 this year. Young whipper snappers

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm not a big fan of Pokemon anymore but the Direct will probably still be worth it. Three games have been rumored for 2020 since the fall and you all damn well know what two of them are. Markomaro and I believe even Emily Rogers have openly said the third rumor: either a Detective Pikachu Switch port or Detective Pikachu 2: Electric Boogaloo. Like I said to you all months ago, if the rumors are true then Nintendo's going to go so hard in 2020 it won't even be funny.
Personaly if it aint a switch Mystery Dungeon, it aint worth watching. I dont care about pokemon anymore but Mystery dungeon is the only pokemon thing I care about

that and DP remakes if they dont f them up

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
I WISH i was 27 again....31 now..... Just a few years makes all the difference.
Lies. I'm 33 but I honestly don't feel much different from 30. I feel like my aging pretty much reached equilibrium around 27 though, to be fair. That was about the time my skin started to sparkle in the sun and I developed a taste for tomato juice....

JayZoob

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone!

First time ever posting on here, but I have been lurking on here pretty much since the Cacomallow leak happened back in November and like to read about recent potential stuff on here. I have always found video game speculation and smash speculation pretty interesting so I always read about it, but I figured now is a good time to enter the fray and see what happens with me.

There are many characters I usually champion and while Geno is not usually high on that list he does tend to fall under someone I want to see happen just to see other people freak out over him. Banjo was in a similar situation for me so I was obviously quite excited to see the internet implode on itself when that happened.

So boom here I am you're stuck with me now love you xoxo

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Well rest easy, dear Fatman, because the Pokemon Direct is just Sword and Shield crap

D

Deleted member

Hey everyone!

First time ever posting on here, but I have been lurking on here pretty much since the Cacomallow leak happened back in November and like to read about recent potential stuff on here. I have always found video game speculation and smash speculation pretty interesting so I always read about it, but I figured now is a good time to enter the fray and see what happens with me.

There are many characters I usually champion and while Geno is not usually high on that list he does tend to fall under someone I want to see happen just to see other people freak out over him. Banjo was in a similar situation for me so I was obviously quite excited to see the internet implode on itself when that happened.

So boom here I am you're stuck with me now love you xoxo
Welcome! Always a joy to see people support the idea of Geno being playable despite him not being on their list of most wanted. It's quite refreshing.

Firox

Smash Master
Well rest easy, dear Fatman, because the Pokemon Direct is just Sword and Shield crap

Oh, Oh, I would just LOVE to get some free DLC berries to make my Galar experience air tight! Or maybe they'll give us some INCREDIBLE new options! Like an on/off toggle for the experience share! My dreams are just so unbridled right now! /s

Franco Geno

Smash Lord

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Since barely anyone can handle pessimistic or someone bad things about Smash Bros I guess I'll just list crap that I did like in Smash Bros Ultimate.
>Every single little touches the playable characters had were great. From Mario Side Special actually being used like a cape, Toad not being force to defend and part of Peach & Daisy's grab, Ganondorf Smash Attacks using swords, Mr. Game & Watch attacks being all reference to past games. The amount details that went into these characters elevates Smash Bros way higher than any other game. The fact the character are more facing towards the camera instead look left and right like the past games is amazing.
>There is a lot of fan feedback that makes Ultimate great. Stage Hazards turn off, Final Smash Meter, Saving Rule Set-Ups, Battlefield variations, a mode where 3 or 5 of your stocks are different characters, No Smash Tour, and the gameplay sped up is just the best.
>Over a hundred stages, what more can you say? They all look great.
>Spirit Battles are a pretty fun idea. Help with the single player content
>Music being defined by Stages instead of series instead exclusive to certain stages is great.
>Classic Mode has never been this fun before. Each character having their own unique take with a theme. I amazed what they come up with. It's a no brainer to have Ryu Classic Mode be all 1v1 Stamina Battle on Final Destination, but having Sonic fight Incineroar as a stand in for Zavok and Joker gaining new allies like Personas each time he wins. There's more motivations to go through all of Classic Mode when compare to the other games, which speaks volumes for it since you don't get anything out of completing them since Trophies are gone and you can get every single Fighter Spirit through the shop (also they're PNGs with no description, so it's less of a reward but doesn't change the fact that Classic Mode is fun).
>Echo Fighters. You took one of the most complained about characters from Smash 4 (Lucina & Dark Pit), gave them a PR spin and now people want to see more characters like that. The way Sakurai & his team phrase Echo Fighters and the context behind them is pure brilliance. The fact that the just stop after Ken annoys me because it can allow for some many more characters with less work. Dixie as Diddy, Otcoling as Inklings, Shadow as Sonic, Proto Man as Mega Man, Medusa as Palutena, Zack as Cloud, Dark Knight as Ike, Ms Pac-Man as Pac-Man, Jeanne as Bayonetta. The list goes on. People stated that Dark Samus as an Assist Trophy has more unique of a moveset when compare to her actually being playable, but I never seen anyone saying they wish she was still an Assist.
>Stage Morphing. Just a great fun idea.
>All but one Newcomer are great addition to Smash Bros. All but one.
>Smash Bros being played as a handheld feels pretty good. It's amazing having a game with that much stuff crammed into it and it still runs perfectly fine. I'm not much into the framerate and performance issues, I don't have that kind of eye, but it still great.
>And lastly, it's fun to play.

See, I love a lot of things about Smash Bros Ultimate. However I still gripes with a lot of decisions made and just can't bring myself to care about it's future based on how Sakurai ended things and where Smash Bros have been going. There's been highs and lows throughout all these announcements. When you lost like 30 characters that you wanted to see be playable you just get burned out of the news and just stop caring.

-Edit-
ROCK HOWARD AS TERRY BOGARD! There are soooooooooooooooo many Echo Fighter that could be made what wouldn't be hard to develop that the fact that they just drop the idea to just a few characters and keep making Mii Costumes sucks so much. They all don't need to be like Ken or Chrom, a lot can be like Daisy and nobody would mind.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Have you guys seen this?

There was a problem fetching the tweet

They are saying to look forward to a few dates for new switch devil may cry news. One of the dates is the 16th, which makes sense for a full direct.

JayZoob

Smash Rookie
Welcome! Always a joy to see people support the idea of Geno being playable despite him not being on their list of most wanted. It's quite refreshing.
I generally just tend to go with the flow for smash. I obviously have characters I want such as Doomslayer/Jill, but I find just accepting where this game takes you is the best way to enjoy it. Even characters that come off as less hype I tend to love eventually like Terry. I remember first hearing about him and being a bit underwhelmed but that went away pretty quickly. It is also why all this talk of Dragonborn has me a bit excited just because Skyrim is a big name and I feel they wouldn't be as hated as some people have said. Maybe I just like everything too much though? Haha

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

That's weirdly relieving... (Watch as they do it anyways.)

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Have you guys seen this?

There was a problem fetching the tweet

They are saying to look forward to a few dates for new switch devil may cry news. One of the dates is the 16th, which makes sense for a full direct.
I was just about to post about this.

To be honest, I really think that one of these days is the Direct date. And this Tweet honestly softens the blow of the Pokemon JeBait today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom