• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
View attachment 256138

I've been warning people for months about this and it's part of the reason I'm invested in my triple reveal prediction because people are going to be ****in' livid by the time 5 is finally announced. Expectations were already through the roof in NOVEMBER and Nintendo's going to have a big ass problem if they don't buffer/damage control that **** like crazy.
Guys, don't you understand? Fatman is warning us that
PicsArt_01-07-12.54.25-1.png

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Well...they can't hit us if we turn into cannons!
"Quick! Everyone use Geno Flash!"

"Huh?"

"C'mon, you know....just transform into a cannon and fire a sun at them!"

"What the? Are you high? That's impossible! A person can't just—"

(transforms into a cannon)

"Oh...."

OffBi

Smash Ace
Hey guys, what is happening in this thre-
>A ****ing Pokémon direct
Son of a-

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I know why you feel they'd do that, but why would you want that?
Because I honestly can't muster up any kind of enthusiasm or excitement for the Fifth Fighter or the rest of Ultimate's future so I'm good with an extremely deflating character to end the Fighters Pass.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If it is dragonborn as you have been hinting at, then they have to announce 1 or 2 others with it. Dragonborn will upset a ton of people. Yes they are popular but skyrim is old and so over done many people are sick of the series, plus people feel doomguy is a lot more important and popular inthe gameing history.
I mean... Here I am two months ago warning people of the same thing I am now:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1731#post-23654784

Mind you all, this was back when my theory for 5 was that it was going to be Lloyd, a beloved but slightly niche character that people have been wanting since Brawl. Now it's Dragonborn/Dovakiin and, in my opinion, like a 100 times worse for the Smash fanbase. People were fuming at the prospect of Lloyd and I even got hate mail for suggesting HIM, a character that's regularly top 10 in Smash polls. I don't think the Smash fanbase could handle Dragonborn alone, especially when you consider the Smash fanbase barely held itself together in the mere half hour between Hero and Banjo's announcements.

D

Deleted member

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon please thanks Lazy Freak. I mean Gsme Freak ahem.

But honestly yeah a new Mystery Dungeon would be apperciated.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1731#post-23654784

Mind you all, this was back when my theory for 5 was that it was going to be Lloyd, a beloved but slightly niche character that people have been wanting since Brawl. Now it's Dragonborn/Dovakiin and, in my opinion, like a 100 times worse for the Smash fanbase. People were fuming at the prospect of Lloyd and I even got hate mail for suggesting HIM, a character that's regularly top 10 in Smash polls. I don't think the Smash fanbase could handle Dragonborn alone, especially when you consider the Smash fanbase barely held itself together in the mere half hour between Hero and Banjo's announcements.
Yeah, I was in the Banjo & Kazooie thread when Nintendo's E3 Direct was live and some people already gave up when they saw Hero and were saying crap like "Oh great! Sakurai is giving us another generic pretty JRPG boy.", "Sakurai doesn't care about us!" And I was saying "Just wait until the end y'all! Have faith in our man Shinobi.".

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
A Pokemon Direct...? Why?

paper.gif

I can't understand the logic behind this at all: Pokemon SWSH has been a mess of a launch that's done nothing but infuriate people. No one wants to see Pokemon show its face for a good while... so let's open the year with that and nothing else

This stings guys. I feel like a General won't be until February now and I can throw out the Amiibo pattern. If whatever this is isn't in a General, a General probably isn't happening for awhile

Franco Geno

Smash Lord

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Unrelated to Geno or the topic at hand:

I've been watching a lot of Star Wars lore videos lately because of Rise of Skywalker being on my mind and I ran into this beautiful art of a masterpiece. Truly this is the reason the Internet exists.
A truly beautiful Sheevpost

A Pokemon Direct...? Why?

View attachment 256149

I can't understand the logic behind this at all: Pokemon SWSH has been a mess of a launch that's done nothing but infuriate people. No one wants to see Pokemon show its face for a good while... so let's open the year with that and nothing else

This stings guys. I feel like a General won't be until February now and I can throw out the Amiibo pattern. If whatever this is isn't in a General, a General probably isn't happening for awhile
Wouldn't surprise me if they were gonna patch in some mons post launch. Especially given the national dex backlash

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Because I honestly can't muster up any kind of enthusiasm or excitement for the Fifth Fighter or the rest of Ultimate's future so I'm good with an extremely deflating character to end the Fighters Pass.
So you want them to justify your boundless cynicism?

Mind you all, this was back when my theory for 5 was that it was going to be Lloyd, a beloved but slightly niche character that people have been wanting since Brawl. Now it's Dragonborn/Dovakiin and, in my opinion, like a 100 times worse for the Smash fanbase. People were fuming at the prospect of Lloyd and I even got hate mail for suggesting HIM, a character that's regularly top 10 in Smash polls.
Gonna state for the record that I actually don't hate Dovakin as a fighter for Smash. He would be pretty whatever for me, kind of like how I felt about Terry. My main issue is very much the same one I have with Steve and Sora: I don't hate them, I just think someone else should get in before them.

I don't think the Smash fanbase could handle Dragonborn alone, especially when you consider the Smash fanbase barely held itself together in the mere half hour between Hero and Banjo's announcements.
That's objectively wrong. Hero & Banjo aside, that Direct was one of the best in recent memory: Luigi's Mansion 3, Secret of Mana 3 remake and classic games rereleased, No More Heroes 3, Panzer Dragoon remake. I think most Smash fans were doing fine.

You must hate my brain.
Your brain forgot the pickles when I ordered a burger a few months ago. They had it coming. :ultpacman:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Do you enjoy anything? I mean besides complaining and whining in every thread you post in

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline

I still maintain that it'll be vault boy, but you have to buy his specials and FS at the atomic shop

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm not a big fan of Pokemon anymore but the Direct will probably still be worth it. Three games have been rumored for 2020 since the fall and you all damn well know what two of them are. Markomaro and I believe even Emily Rogers have openly said the third rumor: either a Detective Pikachu Switch port or Detective Pikachu 2: Electric Boogaloo. Like I said to you all months ago, if the rumors are true then Nintendo's going to go so hard in 2020 it won't even be funny.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team

People are fuming at Lloyd? Dear god, I'm sorry you had to deal with that, especially for a character that is so beloved. This is why I'm indifferent to the Smash community. There are a lot of nice people, but at the same time there are some really toxic people. Now let me stop myself here before I go on further about that.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I'm not a big fan of Pokemon anymore but the Direct will probably still be worth it. Three games have been rumored for 2020 since the fall and you all damn well know what two of them are. Markomaro and I believe even Emily Rogers have openly said the third rumor: either a Detective Pikachu Switch port or Detective Pikachu 2: Electric Boogaloo. Like I said to you all months ago, if the rumors are true then Nintendo's going to go so hard in 2020 it won't even be funny.
Detective Pikachu isn’t even a rumor, they announced a port/sequel (they were very vague) last year so that’s a likely thing

zferolie

Smash Hero

Its sad how... entitled a lot of the smash fanbase is. Yes some characters i dont get hyped for, but i welcome all characters. That people send threats or get that angry or sad their fighter isnt in is sad...

But i agree, dragonborn coming would make so, SO many people angry if it happens, that they would need to show someone else too. And this isnt a east vs west thing like with hero and banjo. I dont think Japan cares much at all about skyrim.

Sakurai cares mostly about fun new movesets, but he also cares about givingnwhat the fans want. Hence Banjo is in. If we get Dragonborn(which i am not sold.on but see happening) we may also get someone else too. I am still sold on Daisy theory myself so maybe we get someone that could be tied to Daisy Theory and also dragon born shown.

Or personally, as i assumed when sakurai first made the dlc it was assumed to be the only dlc, the last 2 are a niche and a popular fan pick. Hence why i loved the idea of Shantae as the 5th, a more niche indie pick which has a very polarizing view in the fanbase it seems,with geno.

D

Deleted member

Still really adore Pokemon that won't go away and I apperciate all Game Freak has done I mean no mean intent. In calling them Lazy Freak.

Don 't know what they have planned but at least it's something for now. Hopefully the Direct is not a complete disappointment.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I assume the DP remakes are the rumors you are talking about, that have been flying around since 2018

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

I'm not opposed to Lloyd on principle even though he's someone I'm not hype for, as it is more that's not who I'd end on

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Detective Pikachu isn’t even a rumor, they announced a port/sequel (they were very vague) last year so that’s a likely thing
Ah, I guess I missed that then. Still, wouldn't be surprised if all three games wind up being 2020 releases. "But Fatman, that's too good to be true." I'm telling you all, Nintendo's 2020 rumors are basically a giant ****in' tower of "Too Good to be True" so even if a fraction of my now monstrous rumor list comes true, it's going to be an amazing year.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
"I'm ok with being disappointed and I can't muster up any excitement, so please, Sakurai, prove me right and **** up, because I'd rather be disappointed than wrong."

That's what you sound like. I get it, I was disappointed by the November direct too, but come on, dude, you treat the game like it's a lost cause, and any glimmer of Geno coming (fan requests like Banjo, the overwhelming pile of evidence) is apparently a one-off, and nobody's likely until they're in. You come off as if you're more happy to be sad and wallow in self-pity that your most wanteds aren't in yet than be wrong. I get that it's ok to be cynical but I don't really understand why you kick about here when you seem to only enjoy complaining.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
"I'm ok with being disappointed and I can't muster up any excitement, so please, Sakurai, prove me right and **** up, because I'd rather be disappointed than wrong."

That's what you sound like. I get it, I was disappointed by the November direct too, but come on, dude, you treat the game like it's a lost cause, and any glimmer of Geno coming (fan requests like Banjo, the overwhelming pile of evidence) is apparently a one-off, and nobody's likely until they're in. You come off as if you're more happy to be sad and wallow in self-pity that your most wanteds aren't in yet than be wrong. I get that it's ok to be cynical but I don't really understand why you kick about here when you seem to only enjoy complaining.
I could be wrong, but I think wynn has been sad and negative about everything in speculation since Shadow got snow globed in the November 2018 Smash Direct.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I assume the DP remakes are the rumors you are talking about, that have been flying around since 2018
I know those have been around seemingly forever but when my insider friends basically do the equivalent of pull me aside and given me lengthy accounts on why they're probably happening in 2020 based on what they've heard, I'm inclined to believe it. I'd just be really surprised if they happened NOW. Honestly, I wasn't expecting something like this until E3 but I kind of don't care either.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I know those have been around seemingly forever but when my insider friends basically do the equivalent of pull me aside and given me lengthy accounts on why they're probably happening in 2020 based on what they've heard, I'm inclined to believe it. I'd just be really surprised if they happened NOW. Honestly, I wasn't expecting something like this until E3 but I kind of don't care either.
Me: Geno! Geno! Geno! Geno!

:ultfox:: Come on!

:ultfalcon:: Come on!

:ult_terry:: Come on!

Me: Come on!

wynn728

Banned via Warnings

I gone on the record saying I would love to be wrong and I welcome it. I literally lose nothing being wrong about it and gain much more. With the next Nintendo Direct that comes out I'm looking more forward to all the other announcements than I am for what Smash Bros has to say. I use to love Smash Bros announcement but if we got leaks saying that it's a SwSh Pokemon or Shy Guy of all things I can't pull myself to care at this point. The lead up feels lackluster.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I just want to get FP5 over with so Geno can theoretically be back in the running for post pass characters. Still seems unlikely given the spirit/assist trophy presence but I hope that Nintendo has heard our voice like they did with our fellow legacy brethren :ultridley::ultkrool::ultbanjokazooie:

Just no other characters that has ties with Mario/Square-Enix. And don't get me started on how nerve wracking these Mii Fighter Waves are going to be moving forward. lol

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
If Nintendo doesn't release an direct this instant I will personally come to their offices and kick their ass myself.

Heoj

Smash Ace
Boi am i disappointed with no direct this week and a pokemon direct is meh, if they dont show a new mystery dungeon or another cool spin-off like pokken or ranger, ill be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom