• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
Please, please, please

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Oh mY gOD I had a heart attack. "GENO IS HERE!!!" almost made me flip my lid!

Also, a Sword and Shield direct? Reeaaally? Interesting. Are we about to get DLC confirmation for Sword and Shield? Introducing the Pokepass! Was your poor Gen 1, 2, 3, etc Pokemon conveniently slaughtered on the way to Galar? Well, now they're here! Starting in April, all of the Gen 1 Pokemon will be introduced in the Pokepass.

I'm kidding, Pokemon is fine. My friends enjoy it and I'm glad!

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline

Also, a Sword and Shield direct? Reeaaally? Interesting. Are we about to get DLC confirmation for Sword and Shield? Introducing the Pokepass! Was your poor Gen 1, 2, 3, etc Pokemon conveniently slaughtered on the way to Galar? Well, now they're here! Starting in April, all of the Gen 1 Pokemon will be introduced in the Pokepass.

Nothing like chopping up the game so you can sell it back to the consumer at a premium

D

Deleted member

We need you here in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Geno come home! This picture is badass great job artist.

D

Deleted member

So while on the topic of Pokemon: Which Pokemon would you like to see get in Smash the most? I really would like Deoxys because of his crazy transformations and psychic abilities.
I want to see Blaziken or Dewott in Smash.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
All hail the patron saint of Duck Hunt! How have you been?

To everyone else, this is the guy that was hard fighting for Duck Hunt back in Brawl. He's a legend.
Adulting. Also still working on getting Meowth in Smash.

so THAT'S the user that got that demonic little dog and duck in smash...

:| My main does not like you.
If you think that demonic little dog and duck gives your main a hard time, just wait till your main gets a load of that darn cat.

1578423164579.png

1578423208607.png

Meowth for Smash! Team Rocket for Smash!

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I generally just tend to go with the flow for smash. I obviously have characters I want such as Doomslayer/Jill, but I find just accepting where this game takes you is the best way to enjoy it. Even characters that come off as less hype I tend to love eventually like Terry. I remember first hearing about him and being a bit underwhelmed but that went away pretty quickly. It is also why all this talk of Dragonborn has me a bit excited just because Skyrim is a big name and I feel they wouldn't be as hated as some people have said. Maybe I just like everything too much though? Haha
Welcome aboard!
PicsArt_01-07-03.51.40-1.jpg

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Only 27? I turn 35 this year. Young whipper snappers
I WISH i was 27 again....31 now..... Just a few years makes all the difference.
Lies. I'm 33 but I honestly don't feel much different from 30. I feel like my aging pretty much reached equilibrium around 27 though, to be fair. That was about the time my skin started to sparkle in the sun and I developed a taste for tomato juice....
Millennial gang rise up. Only 18 here, ya fossils:ultpacman:

(Just kidding. I respect my elders.)

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Heyo everyone! New to posting on Smashboards, but I've been stalking watching this thread since a bit before the VGAs. I wanna voice my support for our boy in blue because time for that may be running thin.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I'm not a big fan of Pokemon anymore but the Direct will probably still be worth it. Three games have been rumored for 2020 since the fall and you all damn well know what two of them are. Markomaro and I believe even Emily Rogers have openly said the third rumor: either a Detective Pikachu Switch port or Detective Pikachu 2: Electric Boogaloo. Like I said to you all months ago, if the rumors are true then Nintendo's going to go so hard in 2020 it won't even be funny.
Wait we know 2? I only feel semi confident on one of my ideas. I guess I'm ****ing dumb then, rip

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Its sad how... entitled a lot of the smash fanbase is. Yes some characters i dont get hyped for, but i welcome all characters. That people send threats or get that angry or sad their fighter isnt in is sad...
I wouldn't say it's inherently entitled to be disappointed by a character getting in. What IS entitled, however, is constantly complaining about how disappointed you are with all the fighters coming to Ultimate, going so far as to say that you have no hope for any of the upcoming ones being good, despite the fact that a good number of those fighters are character that have been highly requested for a long time that everyone loves. In other words, saying that Ultimate's roster is disappointing because none of the characters they put in were any of the ones you were most looking forward to. THAT'S entitled. Speaking of...

I gone on the record saying I would love to be wrong and I welcome it. I literally lose nothing being wrong about it and gain much more. With the next Nintendo Direct that comes out I'm looking more forward to all the other announcements than I am for what Smash Bros has to say.
I've stated this in the past, but I absolutely hate the concept of safety in indifference. For the uninitiated, the idea is that caring about something opens yourself up to being hurt, so if you don't care, you won't get hurt should things go wrong. It's a defense mechanism, basically. In this instance, Wynn, you don't speculate about who will come to Smash or talk about who he wants to see come to Smash (for those curious, they're Geno, Isaac, Shadow, Black Knight, and I think KOS-MOS) because doing so opens you up to being disappointed in the event that none of them get in, which at this point is a reality for you since most of them have already been disconfirmed.

Of course, if things actually do go your way and you end up getting what you want, then that's that, you got your character and you're happy. You didn't even have to risk getting hurt to get it. You had everything to gain and nothing to lose. And I'm sure you see nothing wrong with that, after all this belief only need extend to you and you alone. But it becomes a real problem when taking into consideration where you are and how you choose to interact with the people around you.

You're in a thread devoted to speculating about a character being included in Smash, with people who are willing to invest themselves in said character, on a website dedicated to that precise kind of discussion. Having no hope that Geno (or any other character, for that matter) will get in already puts you at odds with damn near everyone else in the thread, but that alone would be totally fine. After all, this thread attracts people of all different kinds of races, genders, sexual orientations, colors, creeds, politial leanings, even takes on The Last Jedi, and we can all get along well enough in spite of all that, and we'd all be willing to do the same for you.

However, you feel the need to not only constantly reiterate this same tired outlook over and over again, you also feel the intense urge to argue your cynical viewpoint against anyone in the thread who thinks differently from you which in this case, may I remind you, is damn near everyone. This gives people the impression that you're a sort of "No Fun Allowed" kind of guy, who hates seeing people happily speculating away and even perhaps getting a bit giddy at the possibility that Geno will come to Smash. And while the following image is certainly funny to make, I know for a fact that this isn't your aim.
WynnNoFunAllowed.png

Rather than that, I believe the reason you feel the need to chime in and attempt to quash any speculation that happens here is because of what said speculation means for Geno.
- The Mii Costume List has correctly called 4 out of the 7 names listed, giving it some clout. If this list is real, it seems to indicate that Geno may be upgraded to fighter status, since his costume is notably absent from the list and there's little reason for it to be absent in the first place.
- The Terry Spirits Leak has gotten everything that it listed correct, and since this list comes from the same guy who shared the Mii Costume List, it lends extra credence to the idea that that list is a real leak.
- The CacoMallow Post, despite being dismissed as a mod, has yet to be definitively proven to be one since nobody has come forward to take credit for it and currently Smash Ultimate modders have not been able to accurately recreate it. If this is real, it would seem to imply that a Bethesda character (either Doomguy or Dovakin) and Geno will be coming to the game.
- Geno's Mii Costume didn't return with Hero like most (yourself included) assumed it would, since it's a simple costume and while it's inclusion would've drawn the ire of many fans, it wouldn've been anywhere near enough to turn people away from buying Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age: Definitive Edition. This raises the possibility that the costume was excluded because Geno is going to be upgraded to a playable fighter.
- The Power of Six Theory posits that the Figher Pass was supposed to be all the DLC we were getting for Ultimate, and as such every third party Mii Costume from Smash 4 was to return with each Fighter Pass fighter in groups of six costumes apiece. Since we're confirmed to be getting more DLC Fighters, it's posited that certain costumes were held back for later use. When considered with regards to the missing Geno Mii Costume, it raises the possibility that the costume was held back because Geno himself is being included as a fighter.

I could go on, but you get the point. These rumors/leaks/speculation all have something in common: they all raise the possibility that Geno will come to Smash as one of the upcoming DLC Fighters. It's very hard to discuss all this without coming away with the impression that Geno coming to Smash as a fighter could very well happen, and that give us hope, they give you hope, Wynn. I know they do. Which is why you feel so compelled to argue against it all. You've not only resigned yourself to your dispair, you're actively inviting it. You want to lose all hope and finally stop caring about who gets in Smash but, whether you want to admit it or not, all this speculation just keeps filling you with determination hope. That's why you hate our speculation so much, because I guarentee if this wasn't the case, and all evidence pointed to the exact opposite scenario (ie. Geno not coming to Smash and/or his costume coming back), you wouldn't say a word against it.

So to wrap up, I'll just say this: It's fine if you want to resign yourself to your hopelessness, not everybody is strong enough mentally to handle the intense misery of their favorite characters not making it in as playable characters in a fighting game. But unless you have something more constructive to bring to the conversation, shut the **** up and stop acting like a whiny little ****. We're all beyond sick of your obnoxious and senselessly dour posts, and at this point it's pretty damn close to trolling: they aren't constructive, you know the kind of reaction you're going to get, and all you do is make people annoyed with you.
I use to love Smash Bros announcement but we got leaks saying that it's a SwSh Pokemon or Shy Guy of all things I can't pull myself to care at this point. The lead up feels lackluster.
ELABORATEYOUVILEFIENDg.png

Hey everyone!

First time ever posting on here, but I have been lurking on here pretty much since the Cacomallow leak happened back in November and like to read about recent potential stuff on here. I have always found video game speculation and smash speculation pretty interesting so I always read about it, but I figured now is a good time to enter the fray and see what happens with me.

There are many characters I usually champion and while Geno is not usually high on that list he does tend to fall under someone I want to see happen just to see other people freak out over him. Banjo was in a similar situation for me so I was obviously quite excited to see the internet implode on itself when that happened.

So boom here I am you're stuck with me now love you xoxo
Hello, new fellow! It's so nice to see lurkers make the jump to full-on posters! Complimentary Geno Hat for you, sir. Use it on your memes for that extra Geno flavor!~*
Hat time.png

* He probably tastes like wood, though...
Well rest easy, dear Fatman, because the Pokemon Direct is just Sword and Shield crap

Since there's not going to be any new Mystical Pokemon given they weren't found when the game was datamined, it's probably going to just be Pokemon Home and maybe one of the unreleased Gigantimax forms.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
O I have no real reason. I just think that the first party lineup is rather bare at the moment. We don't even know "smaller" titles/ timegap ports for the beginning of the year. I think the BIG 3 ( MP4, Bayo 3, BOTW2 ) are all post E3, if 2020 at all. We don't have a Yoshi tier game etc anywhere on the radar. Animal Crossing might be the only direct left this month thinking about it as its the only concrete date we have. Last Jan we just got a Nintendo Tweet Direct over the course of a week or so. Watch them start with the SNES/NES new games this evening. Although at this point I could also see a standalone Smash Direct also. Just my own thoughts.

As to the idea of a triple reveal I'd totally buy that if we get a standalone smash direct. I feel like ultimate has been great about buffering "bad news". Leaked castlevania? heres KROOL too. Kencineroar and box theory? Have a plant....er I mean a Fighter Pass. Dragonquest not your cup of tea? Have a freaking BEAR AND BIRD. If 5 is a not so spicy take, Sakurai will just unload 6,7, and Subspace Emissary 2 at the same time.
But is it likely that two Directs can happen on the same month? Has it even happened in the past?

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I bought sodas what ya'll wanting
Some Pepsi would be nice

I know those have been around seemingly forever but when my insider friends basically do the equivalent of pull me aside and given me lengthy accounts on why they're probably happening in 2020 based on what they've heard, I'm inclined to believe it. I'd just be really surprised if they happened NOW. Honestly, I wasn't expecting something like this until E3 but I kind of don't care either.
Oh brother, we're in for a treat

D

Deleted member

I bought sodas what ya'll wanting
Root beer counts as a soda right? Then that for me.

So no remakes huh? Fine dosen't really matter regardless. It'll be 20 minutes of nothing I'm sure. But eh? Maybe they announce something okay.

Loog

Smash Apprentice
So just wondering, is the pokemon direct only going to focus on sword and shield?

JayZoob

Smash Rookie
But is it likely that two Directs can happen on the same month? Has it even happened in the past?
I am pretty sure last February gave us both a Nintendo Direct and a Pokemon Direct. I am not someone who really looks for patterns in directs other than during the switch era of Nintendo we get 3 big ones a year. A "spring" direct, an E3 direct, and a "fall" direct. The E3 one and fall one seem to always be in the same month being June and September, but the spring direct so far has taken a different month each year. 2017 had it in April, 2018 had it in March, and 2019 had it in February. I am sure a lot of people see a pattern and go "oh so obviously the 2020 one should be this month!" and while I also would like it to be this month for my own sanity I am really not sure anymore with directs. They seem to just happen!

That is sort of what I wanted to start asking people on here is since this week is a Pokemon direct I and am sure others immediately thought "Okay so the big direct will be NEXT WEEK!" and well...is there any evidence that says a direct will be next week or this month at all? I feel like the only real thing left that supports a direct are the amiibo releasing, but you honestly never seem to know with Nintendo and the moment you discover a pattern they break it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I am pretty sure last February gave us both a Nintendo Direct and a Pokemon Direct. I am not someone who really looks for patterns in directs other than during the switch era of Nintendo we get 3 big ones a year. A "spring" direct, an E3 direct, and a "fall" direct. The E3 one and fall one seem to always be in the same month being June and September, but the spring direct so far has taken a different month each year. 2017 had it in April, 2018 had it in March, and 2019 had it in February. I am sure a lot of people see a pattern and go "oh so obviously the 2020 one should be this month!" and while I also would like it to be this month for my own sanity I am really not sure anymore with directs. They seem to just happen!

That is sort of what I wanted to start asking people on here is since this week is a Pokemon direct I and am sure others immediately thought "Okay so the big direct will be NEXT WEEK!" and well...is there any evidence that says a direct will be next week or this month at all? I feel like the only real thing left that supports a direct are the amiibo releasing, but you honestly never seem to know with Nintendo and the moment you discover a pattern they break it.
I know what you mean about the next week part in your second little paragraph. I am not sure if things like the SKUs (not limited to those) still hold, but if they do, they may still indicate that a Direct could still happen this month, keyword: could.

D

Deleted member

Correct, Root Beer is indeed a soda. However, there do exist Root Beer flavored alchoholic drinks. One I'd highly recommend is Hires Root Beer Vodka, it's really good.
I'll have to pass unfortunately I don't drink Alcohol myself. But I'll take you're word on it sounds great. Honestly.

I think two directs this month is what I'm thinking guess we'll see.

T2by4

Smash Lord
I mean... Here I am two months ago warning people of the same thing I am now:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1731#post-23654784

Mind you all, this was back when my theory for 5 was that it was going to be Lloyd, a beloved but slightly niche character that people have been wanting since Brawl. Now it's Dragonborn/Dovakiin and, in my opinion, like a 100 times worse for the Smash fanbase. People were fuming at the prospect of Lloyd and I even got hate mail for suggesting HIM, a character that's regularly top 10 in Smash polls. I don't think the Smash fanbase could handle Dragonborn alone, especially when you consider the Smash fanbase barely held itself together in the mere half hour between Hero and Banjo's announcements.
Imma be real with you chief... Dragonborn is a hype af pick. Day one main easily if real. That is, until Geno comes. I've put tens of thousands of hours into Skyrim, elder scrolls rep would be godly and completely unexpected.

dsRed

Smash Rookie
Imma be real with you chief... Dragonborn is a hype af pick. Day one main easily if real. That is, until Geno comes. I've put tens of thousands of hours into Skyrim, elder scrolls rep would be godly and completely unexpected.
To be fair what Fatman is implying is that you're in the minority on that one in terms of what the "General Smash Fanbase" thinks. I expect there to be a lot of disappointment if Dragonborn is revealed as #5. The public outside of the "Smash Scene" will probably think its cool since Skyrim is such a popular game, but its just not a fighter I've seen anyone clamoring for within the smash circle itself.

D

Deleted member

I hear you do I want Doomslayer more? Yes but Iove the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim so having Dovakhiin (The Dragonborn) In would be amazing she/he has their spells and yes they use swords but other weapons too. So would be a fun character. For sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Firox

Smash Master
To be fair what Fatman is implying is that you're in the minority on that one in terms of what the "General Smash Fanbase" thinks. I expect there to be a lot of disappointment if Dragonborn is revealed as #5. The public outside of the "Smash Scene" will probably think its cool since Skyrim is such a popular game, but its just not a fighter I've seen anyone clamoring for within the smash circle itself.
To be honest, the "general smash fanbase" is pretty casual and would be elated to get pretty much anything. I can't think of a single character, no matter how obscure or seemingly unfitting, that they wouldn't defend to the death once they got in. Then again, I'm not sure how healthy it is for so many to adopt the "Sakurai can do no wrong" mentality. I'm sure many of us have at least a few characters that we would deem too dumb to bother paying for.

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
Dunno how to tell you this guys but Thomasaza's leak that Sora is being revealed on the 8th is looking unlikely. I hope this doesn't lead to him no longer being friends with that friend he super trusts that told him that.

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
Dunno how to tell you this guys but Thomasaza's leak that Sora is being revealed on the 8th is looking unlikely. I hope this doesn't lead to him no longer being friends with that friend he super trusts that told him that.
Who's Thomasaza? Isn't that the guy who just joined this thread to hate on Geno for no reason?

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
Who's Thomasaza? Isn't that the guy who just joined this thread to hate on Geno for no reason?
Yeah, that guy. Thomas something. I was looking for his name but this thread is just too long.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Who?

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
What's next? Are you going to tell me that he didn't like Geno or something!?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Huh sounds interesting if it's about Keyblade boy I'm listening for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
I think it’s finally time I stop lurking around and start posting. I always loved speculating about Smash since the Smash 4 days and been following these threads around here on Smashboards since August 2018. Since the Ultimate ride isn’t stopping anytime soon I should probably start contributing to the speculation.

First, I just want to say good job to Fatmanonice on the amazing essay and ForsakenM on the amazing theory about the Fighters Pass. I love reading crazy theories and speculation, even if they don’t pan out, because it helps us to have fun through the dry days.
Second, I want to add a little something that I don’t think I saw brought up about Cacomallow: what, if real, the main reason we get a triple reveal instead of a double is because we would already know if it’s real or fake, making a future reveal “irrevelant”, so why delay the inevitable?

While not my first pick, Super Mario RPG is my favorite Mario RPG and Geno would be a great new character archetype for the game. You will also probably see me in other character threads to show some love for my favorite characters.

Here’s to a future Geno Reveal and a Direct next week (maybe...)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Oh, I know a lot of people would like Dragonborn. I have three or four friends that will probably cry if he was confirmed. The thing I've noticed is that there isn't a lot of enthusiasm in the Smash fanbase and most of the platforms I'm on like Discord and YouTube. Seems like wherever I bring up the character there's super heated arguments or total indifference most of the time. Then I'll bring this up and following kind of conversation unfurls. "Hey man, I'd actually really like Dragonborn!" Oh, sorry, um... Know what I mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom