• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
What's next? Are you going to tell me that he didn't like Geno or something!?
I'm thinking he actually is a Geno fan that's just trying to make the Geno haters look bad, which he does an excellent job of.

But yeah if anyone actually believed him, he posted on Gamefaqs that he made a fake leak here just to see if anyone would fall for it.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I think it’s finally time I stop lurking around and start posting. I always loved speculating about Smash since the Smash 4 days and been following these threads around here on Smashboards since August 2018. Since the Ultimate ride isn’t stopping anytime soon I should probably start contributing to the speculation.

First, I just want to say good job to Fatmanonice on the amazing essay and ForsakenM on the amazing theory about the Fighters Pass. I love reading crazy theories and speculation, even if they don’t pan out, because it helps us to have fun through the dry days.
Second, I want to add a little something that I don’t think I saw brought up about Cacomallow: what, if real, the main reason we get a triple reveal instead of a double is because we would already know if it’s real or fake, making a future reveal “irrevelant”, so why delay the inevitable?

While not my first pick, Super Mario RPG is my favorite Mario RPG and Geno would be a great new character archetype for the game. You will also probably see me in other character threads to show some love for my favorite characters.

Here’s to a future Geno Reveal and a Direct next week (maybe...)
Wow, another new poster! Welcome, welcome! A Geno hat for you, too! Seriously, I think I'm gonna run out of these at this rate!
Hat time.png

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, unless the Pokemon Direct does something very astonishing, I get the feeling that it will be taken very poorly because of the circumstances around it. Hopefully it can pull something great off.

Firox

Smash Master
I think it’s finally time I stop lurking around and start posting. I always loved speculating about Smash since the Smash 4 days and been following these threads around here on Smashboards since August 2018. Since the Ultimate ride isn’t stopping anytime soon I should probably start contributing to the speculation.

First, I just want to say good job to Fatmanonice on the amazing essay and ForsakenM on the amazing theory about the Fighters Pass. I love reading crazy theories and speculation, even if they don’t pan out, because it helps us to have fun through the dry days.
Second, I want to add a little something that I don’t think I saw brought up about Cacomallow: what, if real, the main reason we get a triple reveal instead of a double is because we would already know if it’s real or fake, making a future reveal “irrevelant”, so why delay the inevitable?

While not my first pick, Super Mario RPG is my favorite Mario RPG and Geno would be a great new character archetype for the game. You will also probably see me in other character threads to show some love for my favorite characters.

Here’s to a future Geno Reveal and a Direct next week (maybe...)
I like the way you think. If we end up seeing the Cacodemon costume, then Sakurai might as well spill the beans since it'll be as good as a reveal anyway.

D

Deleted member

Dunno how to tell you this guys but Thomasaza's leak that Sora is being revealed on the 8th is looking unlikely. I hope this doesn't lead to him no longer being friends with that friend he super trusts that told him that.
That wasn’t real. He’s just a troll that comes from the depths of gamefaqs. I’m not kidding, he actually is on Gamefaqs.
Edit: And he even admitted to it being fake just to trick us. So, yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Woah, tons of new people today!

Welcome to the Geno thread. I don't know if any of you rookies read my posts, but while I'm not really a personal Geno fan, I'm supporting him and his fanbase because I truly believe he's coming and that his fans should finally get their dues! He's the only character I'd objectively put money on.

Oh, and be on the lookout for some... "interesting" people lurking in here. It gets irritating at times. Oh, and I must mention that I'm the resident millennial of the thread (fricken 2nd youngest since someone beat me). So if you need a hip happening guy to talk to, you always got me. ...bro. *belch*

Just kidding, most of the people in here are awesome. I love hanging around with them, even if they're over a decade older than me! They certainly offer much more of a different flavor than the usual chaps and gals I am around! Anyways, I really look forward to seeing you new rookies more!

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Just going to leave this here

>DMC 3 Switch Tweet that I posted here earlier
>SNES Switch Controller site page says Jan 2020 for more information
>7/11 ad runs to Feb 2
>Pokemon Directs usually precede general ones
>Still have those mystery SKUs

Don’t worry, we won’t have to wait much longer.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Welcome new people! Here in the Geno thread we have an assortment of Geno hats, leak debates, memes, fanart, and of course love for the star boi.

OffBi

Smash Ace
Welcome new people! Here in the Geno thread we have an assortment of Geno hats, leak debates, memes, fanart, and of course love for the star boi.
Welcome. Welcome to City 17.

You have chosen, or been chosen, to relocate to one of our finest remaining urban centers. I thought so much of City 17 that I elected to establish my Administration here, in the Citadel so thoughtfully provided by Our Benefactors. I have been proud to call City 17 my home. And so, whether you are here to stay, or passing through on your way to parts unknown, welcome to City 17. It's safer here.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Oh, I know a lot of people would like Dragonborn. I have three or four friends that will probably cry if he was confirmed. The thing I've noticed is that there isn't a lot of enthusiasm in the Smash fanbase and most of the platforms I'm on like Discord and YouTube. Seems like wherever I bring up the character there's super heated arguments or total indifference most of the time. Then I'll bring this up and following kind of conversation unfurls. "Hey man, I'd actually really like Dragonborn!" Oh, sorry, um... Know what I mean?
I'm confident that if #5 is Dragonborn, it'll be a Bayonetta scenario where the character is moderately popular in the gaming medium but Nintendo took too long to deliver info and the fans overhyped the mystery fighter too much despite signs against it being a fan favorite.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, welcome everyone that is new to the thread. Prepare for an influx of memes from great people as we inevitably wait for Geno to become playable in Smash!

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
It feels so weird actually being a part of this thread now because I've basically been looking through the window watching you all for about a month now lol.

D

Deleted member

Oh, I know a lot of people would like Dragonborn. I have three or four friends that will probably cry if he was confirmed. The thing I've noticed is that there isn't a lot of enthusiasm in the Smash fanbase and most of the platforms I'm on like Discord and YouTube. Seems like wherever I bring up the character there's super heated arguments or total indifference most of the time. Then I'll bring this up and following kind of conversation unfurls. "Hey man, I'd actually really like Dragonborn!" Oh, sorry, um... Know what I mean?
I hear you if he gets in I'll be very happy too see him. But I 'm just one person in a very vocal Super Smash Bros. fanbase I know a lot of people will be like really him? Still be happy of he's in hoping for the best. There.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
It feels so weird actually being a part of this thread now because I've basically been looking through the window watching you all for about a month now lol.
Just be like me, always lurking in the abyss right outside, observing through said window, and every once and a while throwing a rock with a message tied to it through the window, works every time.

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
I see a lot of Geno hats being sent around, so I figured I'd throw mine into the ring as well. Here's Geno Hat HD Spectacular courtesy of Sean Hicks and his SMO Geno Costume Mod!

genohat.png

D

Deleted member

Does anyone have any predictions what the next super smash bros game roster is going to be like?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think people underestimate what a phenomenon Skyrim was too. Like Minecraft in its early days, it's one of those games it seems like everyone has played at some point just because of how crazy popular it was. Jesus, nevermind the flood of memes that came out of it and the Todd Howard jokes we're STILL making to this day despite it being 9 years old. I know people love DOOM and Skyrim is kind of notorious for being a buggy ****fest at times but, good lord, is it arguably the biggest Western gaming juggernaut of the past decade, again, outside of Minecraft.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
So guys, I had a thought, and I’m probably crazy, I’m probably wrong, but hear me out. I’ll start with my thesis statement.

What if Geno is, and always was, number 5, and Hero was never going to come with Geno?

I recognize that this goes against a lot of the speculation and insider information we’ve gotten, but for the sake of conversation let’s say that’s all wrong. Like PapaGenos always says, maybe people are getting info out of order.

So if Hero was never supposed to come with Geno, why does he have no returning costumes? Simple! He was supposed to come with the missing sword fighters. Either Lloyd and Gil or the two Monster Hunter ones. Boom, the mystery of those missing costumes solved (where they ended up I’ll get back to in a minute).

Fast forward to character 5. We’re still missing some Mega Men, blue shooty boys, and oh look Geno is also a blue shooty boi. So character 5 is and always was Geno, a character synonymous with Smash character requests.

So now what about those other costumes? Simple, two of them were supposed to come with Hero and two were supposed to come with Banjo... and they were cut to come with Lloyd and Dante.

Bam. Pass 1 ends with Geno. And pass 2 starts with either Lloyd Irving or Dante from the Devil May Cry series.

Like I said I’m probably wrong, but that all made sense to me.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have any predictions what the next super smash bros game roster is going to be like?
That's a good question.

I feel like we'd only get a new Smash game if we get a new console, which I'm fairly sure won't happen for many, many years. It'd be hard to top the Switch's capabilities. With this entry being "Smash Ultimate" I think it's reasonable to believe it'll be the last hurrah, everyone in the series' history is here, many of the ultimate impossible picks were added, and the DLC is branching out more and more. Like the direct before the game's launch said, why close the door when we can add more?

Sakurai and the rest of the team working on Smash seem to have invested tons of effort into this one title, 74+ unique characters, all with unique movesets and playstyles (minus echoes and most of the fire emblem cast, though they do have variations in moves)

However, if we do end up getting another game, I'm not so sure we'll see everyone return unless Nintendo pulls out all the stops again. Maybe they'd branch out towards indie games...? Shovel Knight, Shantae, and the likes?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Watch it be a reveal for Pokemon Snap remake or 2 and people lose their minds.
I hope you mean in a good way. Cause seriously, we need an update. There's a ton of cool Pokemon.

Now I want Geno to cameo in tons of random games just because. I kind of blame Smash for this, since I love small cameos. They really bring the game to life for me. The little things are important too~

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
So guys, I had a thought, and I’m probably crazy, I’m probably wrong, but hear me out. I’ll start with my thesis statement.

What if Geno is, and always was, number 5, and Hero was never going to come with Geno?

I recognize that this goes against a lot of the speculation and insider information we’ve gotten, but for the sake of conversation let’s say that’s all wrong. Like PapaGenos always says, maybe people are getting info out of order.

So if Hero was never supposed to come with Geno, why does he have no returning costumes? Simple! He was supposed to come with the missing sword fighters. Either Lloyd and Gil or the two Monster Hunter ones. Boom, the mystery of those missing costumes solved (where they ended up I’ll get back to in a minute).

Fast forward to character 5. We’re still missing some Mega Men, blue shooty boys, and oh look Geno is also a blue shooty boi. So character 5 is and always was Geno, a character synonymous with Smash character requests.

So now what about those other costumes? Simple, two of them were supposed to come with Hero and two were supposed to come with Banjo... and they were cut to come with Lloyd and Dante.

Bam. Pass 1 ends with Geno. And pass 2 starts with either Lloyd Irving or Dante from the Devil May Cry series.

Like I said I’m probably wrong, but that all made sense to me.
My boi Spatulo joining the speculation ring like
PicsArt_01-07-10.03.16.jpg

D

Deleted member

Anyone else updating Smash to version 6.1.1? It says that all it does is add support for Dark Samus and Richter amiibo.
I'm hoping those Demon X Machina spirits will be available on the spirit board or the shop. Those are the only 4 I'm missing and I'm too lazy to download and play the demo.

QQS

Smash Lord
Hi, long time no post but always checking! Just wanna thanks and give my respects to Fatmanonice Fatmanonice for the essay, passion and dedication.

Sincerely, a Geno fan born in 1990 from Chile. Pretty sure that Geno is getting revealed sooner than later. Don’t know if as #75, #76 or #77, but he is in, playable. Just wait and see. Its the Ultimate moment and best chance.

That reveal, music, design and moveset will be the most amazing thing on the internet then. Best wishes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom