• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I'm sorry. I'm being vague about it on purpose because, like Banjo in Smash last year, I want to hint at things but I also don't want to be "that guy" that unapologetically spoils a major announcement of a presentation. I know this frustrates people but, the bigger the rumor, usually the more abstract and indirect I am about it. Like Banjo, it's one of those things that most people wouldn't even believe me if I outright said it but, again, if it's true, this is going to mean a lot to a lot of people and I say this about all four "parts" of the rumor.
You got that right. If it's what it seems to be I'm not going to believe it until I see it. (Insert Eustace meme here)

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I was hoping for a general direct ... very curious Nintendo, very curious. My guess is they will talk about Pokémon home and sleep probably. I’m ready for home.

Please general direct next week!!

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
The Pokémon company does operate on its own rules basically independently of what Nintendo is doing, buuuut that being said

Truly we live only to suffer

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I'm sorry. I'm being vague about it on purpose because, like Banjo in Smash last year, I want to hint at things but I also don't want to be "that guy" that unapologetically spoils a major announcement of a presentation. I know this frustrates people but, the bigger the rumor, usually the more abstract and indirect I am about it. Like Banjo, it's one of those things that most people wouldn't even believe me if I outright said it but, again, if it's true, this is going to mean a lot to a lot of people and I say this about all four "parts" of the rumor.
Nah I understand, it is all good!

Do you mind linking your past hints about this though? I think people, including myself, forgot what hints you have alluded to.

Also, I am disappointed that we're just getting a Pokémon Direct. I can't imagine we'll get Diamond and Pearl remakes announced so early on, but also, if it was just a Sword & Shield update that wouldn't need a full Direct... right? Now I'm thinking we're waiting until February for a regular Direct.

zferolie

Smash Hero
We better get either diamond and pearl remakes that have been rumored for ages, or dlc for sword and shield. And lets have some spin off games too. A new mystery dungeon?

Watch it end with announing Hop for smash

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
What if FP5 is another Pokemon? I would only be okeydoke with it if the Pokemon is from Gen 3. I really want a Gen 3 Pokemon in Smash especially Deoxys. We don't have any Pokemon from that generation in the roster.

D

Deleted member

Yeah 100 characters probably not. Still will be grateful for whatever Masahiro Sakurai gives us regardless.

Also We finally got a Nintendo Direct.

But it's Pokemon whoopie.

I'll watch but after Sword and Shield I'm just so disinterested in the series it's like whatever. Still love it always will but yawn.

Anyway Diamond and Pearl and another year of Game Freak being lazy and uncreative Great.

Last edited by a moderator:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Looks like we gotta enjoy some Pokemon news before the actual General Direct. As others have predicted. Sleep and Home will be there. Very much doubt a Gen 4 remake announcement, but will happily be surprised.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Now, for something totaly different, I hope we get a new Ranger game at the Pokemon direct. I love those games, and not having any after Guardian Signs was a mistake from the Pokemon company.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Yeah this is super disapointing, I know this doesn't doom it to oblivion but it means were waiting until next week and and that's what we were worried about in the first place.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So while on the topic of Pokemon: Which Pokemon would you like to see get in Smash the most? I really would like Deoxys because of his crazy transformations and psychic abilities.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well hopefully next week that's fine and yes Game Freak does their own thing.

So this makes sense.

But still alright guess we'll hopefully see something soon enough.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Yeah this is super disapointing, I know this doesn't doom it to oblivion but it means were waiting until next week and and that's what we were worried about in the first place.
I mean, nothing really changes with a Direct's date. We went from radio silence to a Pokemon Direct, which traditionally coincides with some general Direct in the surrounding few weeks, so it'll be fine.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
It's not going to be Diamon & Pearl remake. Sword & Shield just came out like 3 or 4 months ago. That would be too quick of a turn around. I honestly hope that it's a SwSh Pokemon as the Fifth Fighter so the Fighters Pass could end on a marketing character for one of the most controversial Pokemon games to come out.

D

Deleted member

So while on the topic of Pokemon: Which Pokemon would you like to see get in Smash the most? I really would like Deoxys because of his crazy transformations and psychic abilities.
Geno, if I'm being honest.

Gallade

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Deoxys was an old wish of mine. I’d also be down for Zoroark, if they could work its illusions into its moveset somehow that’d be super cool

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I honestly hope that it's a SwSh Pokemon as the Fifth Fighter so the Fighters Pass could end on a marketing character for one of the most controversial Pokemon games to come out.
Yes wynn, very sarcastic and "memey." Stay on that wynn brand™

D

Deleted member

4-way tie for me as for who I'd like too see.

1.: Decidueye favourite Pokemon and would be amazing addition with it's Arreal offense and arrow usage of attacks.

2. Lycanroc: Awesone wolf like Pokemon with a great usage of rock and quick moves. That'd be great too see.

3.. Inteleon: Another favourite and I love his/her spy stealth spy like sophisticated appearance, and using it's finger gun to attack. That's pretty cool.

Toxtricity: Punk like guitar playing Pokemon. Mix of poison and electricity would make it great.

If I had too pick two it'd be Decidueye or Lycanroc like them both a lot so it'd be great to see them. Four seems a little much I know but that's who I want.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I know a lot of people are saying the 16th for a General Direct but we'll see. The Pokemon Direct and the E3 Direct were fairly close together last year so it could hypothetically happen. They would be literally a week apart too so it's plausible. Still, another ****in' week... Nintendo really is trying to kill us, aren't they?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
4-way tie for me as for who I'd like too see.

1.: Decidueye favourite Pokemon and would be amazing addition with it's Arreal offense and arrow usage of attacks.

2. Lycanroc: Awesone wolf like Pokemon with a great usage of rock and quick moves. That'd be great too see.

3.. Inteleon: Another favourite and I love his/her spy stealth spy like sophisticated appearance, and using it's finger gun to attack. That's pretty cool.

Toxtricity: Punk like guitar playing Pokemon. Mix of poison and electricity would make it great.

If I had too pick two it'd be Decidueye or Lycanroc like them both a lot so it'd be great to see them. Four seems a little much I know but that's who I want.
Decidueye was so close of getting into the roster. I would have preferred Decidueye over Incineroar greatly.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Well that's kind of disappointing. But it's 20 minutes so hopefully Diamond and Pearl remake. Platinum was my first Pokemon game so I would be excited for that.

D

Deleted member

Decidueye was so close of getting into the roster. I would have preferred Decidueye over Incineroar greatly.
Completely agreed, a darn shame it didn't happen. But not hard feelings on my end tiger wrestler cat is pretty cool. So I am glad it got in.

In the end.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Watch this pokemom direct only talk about pokemon home and... *shudders* pokemon sleep.

This wouldnt be too surprising, as that early last year pokemon direct did basicslly the same thing haha. Ganefreak does their own thing but a direct with no spinoffs and 20 minutes about sleep? People will be pissed

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
It's not going to be Diamon & Pearl remake. Sword & Shield just came out like 3 or 4 months ago. That would be too quick of a turn around. I honestly hope that it's a SwSh Pokemon as the Fifth Fighter so the Fighters Pass could end on a marketing character for one of the most controversial Pokemon games to come out.
I don't think a DP remake announcement would be too close to S&S. They're two different things- one is a new generation of pokemon, while the other is a return to a classic. They can exist in the same space without overlap. Especially because this would just be the announcement of the game's existence, not the launch of the game itself.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I don't think a DP remake announcement would be too close to S&S. They're two different things- one is a new generation of pokemon, while the other is a return to a classic. They can exist in the same space without overlap. Especially because this would just be the announcement of the game's existence, not the launch of the game itself.
Plus, Pokemon is yearly now. A year after XY's release, we got Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. could be the same thing happening here.

Though, I could see that sort of announcement being saved for E3 or something. Home, Sleep, and maybe a new spinoff? Pokken 2, Mystery Dungeon, Ranger, Snap 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom