• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
I’m not sure how recent this was discovered, but some people in the PapaGeno’s discord posted this image.

We are now up to 24 dummy slots. Of course, not all of these have to be filled, but it’s interesting that they increased the number of slots...
I might tag our Max CSS Hypothesis friend @epicmartin7 to help us cross verify this given he’s got connections. I can’t at face value believe a blurry partial screen shot of code that could easily be spoofed.
Keep in mind that as far as we know, only the WoL slots and the Attack Param listings have changed dynamically as patches have come in. The upper limit in the CSS is still 91.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, with the system update meaning nothing for a Direct, suddenly it being on Wednesday is not too certain. It's likely still in January due to some other factors, but we might need to take a different approach speculation wise for when exactly this Direct will be.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
View attachment 256038
Sakurai really is gonna make sure this smash is the last... it really is gonna be ULTIMATE.
It's 2030. The Nintendo Switch 2 has been out for 6 years, and the Switch 3 has recently been announced. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has been out for 12 years, and has just recently been ported to the Switch 2. Fighter Pass 9 was announced a few months ago, and they have long since ran out of good characters to add to the game. The previous Fighter Pass didn't even have any characters, it was just a piece of paper with the word "HELP" written on it in blood. It sold like crazy. Purple Pie Man has still not made it to Smash as a fighter.

Hey guys. Longtime lurker, first time poster. (Also a massive supporter for Geno for Smash obviously.) Been watching the thread for a long time, but every time I've wanted to join in, things were uh... Not going great. Anyways.
I'm making a retrospecive series on all the Mario RPGs, and right now I'm scripting Super Mario RPG. I grew up with this game, but when I say that I mean I played on the Wii Virtual Console as a kid after discovering the game because of Rawest Forest. (I really hope someone knows what I'm talking about.) I would really like if some of you who grew up with this game when it came out could give me a bit on what made it so magical at the time, and also specifically why you guys liked Geno so much at the time and why he's continued to resonate with you guys for so long. (My reasons are likely very different considering I played it in like 2010 for the first time.) I'd like to have some stuff to mention in the retrospective video, as my perspective obviously won't e completely all encompassing considering HOW I grew up with it.
Anyways, glad that I finally made the jump. Hoping I can continue to actually join in on the Geno support as well, because I've genuinely wanted him since I first played it. (And at this time I legit didn't know there was even a support base for him. I thought I was genuinely alone at the time.)
Hey, welcome! Nice to meet you! Here, take this Geno Hat and use it for all your memes. I'm not sure how adept you are at memes, but I have faith that you will make good use of it.
Hat time.png

Last edited:

DuoStuff

Smash Rookie
It's 2030. The Nintendo Switch 2 has been out for 6 years, and the Switch 3 has recently been announced. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has been out for 12 years, and has just recently been ported to the Switch 2. Fighter Pass 9 was announced a few months ago, and they have long since ran out of good characters to add to the game. The previous Fighter Pass didn't even have any characters, it was just a piece of paper with the word "HELP" written on it in blood. It sold like crazy. Purple Pie Man has still not made it to Smash as a fighter.

Hey, welcome! Nice to meet you! Here, take this Geno Hat and use it for all your memes. I'm not sure how adept you are at memes, but I have faith that you will make good use of it.
View attachment 256042
Why thank you! I'm not the best at memes but I will try my best.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Hey guys. Longtime lurker, first time poster. (Also a massive supporter for Geno for Smash obviously.) Been watching the thread for a long time, but every time I've wanted to join in, things were uh... Not going great. Anyways.
I'm making a retrospecive series on all the Mario RPGs, and right now I'm scripting Super Mario RPG. I grew up with this game, but when I say that I mean I played on the Wii Virtual Console as a kid after discovering the game because of Rawest Forest. (I really hope someone knows what I'm talking about.) I would really like if some of you who grew up with this game when it came out could give me a bit on what made it so magical at the time, and also specifically why you guys liked Geno so much at the time and why he's continued to resonate with you guys for so long. (My reasons are likely very different considering I played it in like 2010 for the first time.) I'd like to have some stuff to mention in the retrospective video, as my perspective obviously won't e completely all encompassing considering HOW I grew up with it.
Anyways, glad that I finally made the jump. Hoping I can continue to actually join in on the Geno support as well, because I've genuinely wanted him since I first played it. (And at this time I legit didn't know there was even a support base for him. I thought I was genuinely alone at the time.)
Welcome stranger! we hope that you enjoy your stay in the Geno thread, we have some daily memes that might interest ya
PicsArt_01-07-01.16.11.png

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
yeah I'd like someone who knows more about this to speak on the topic first. after all they would need to rebuild the css to add more than 11 new fighters. but if this is legit..., well it looks like that idea of 100 man roster isn't total insanity...
I agree, I’m not 100% sure about the validity of this image. However if this is real, then man... we have something VERY interesting on our hands.

Oh, before I forget, here’s the link to the twitter post the image was from! The link itself was posted after just the standalone image was posted in the discord, so I neglected to include it in my previous post :p
https://mobile.twitter.com/ThatOneMart1ni/status/1214391548844167169

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m not sure how recent this was discovered, but some people in the PapaGeno’s discord posted this image.

We are now up to 24 dummy slots. Of course, not all of these have to be filled, but it’s interesting that they increased the number of slots...
Nice...very nice...

D

Deleted member

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M9_zRnovkCg Yowie Wowie all those possible fighter slots. Definetly interesting if we get a 100 character roster that's insane. Sakurai we truly do not deserve you as a game director if that happens. Incredible man is absolutely incredible and I am beyond thankful.

But we'll see of this is anything soon enough.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
To be perfectly honest this just seems like the latest attempt to cover up the original wol slot datamine which they've been trying adamantly to do for like a year now. Maybe it does mean something is in the works but right now I'm not betting on it.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M9_zRnovkCg Yowie Wowie all those possible fighter slots. Definetly interesting if we get a 100 character roster that's insane. Sakurai we truly do not deserve you as a game director if that happens. Incredible man is absolutely incredible and I am beyond thankful.

But we'll see of this is anything soon enough.
I really don't think we'll ever reach 100 characters. Sure, we're currently at 81 fighters (including Echoes and counting Pokemon Trainer as three fighters, 84 if we include FP5 and the at least 2 post Fighter Pass characters we're guarenteed to get) which is pretty close, but given that none of these DLC Fighters are going to be Echoes from the sounds of it... yeah, I don't see 100 fighters happening at this rate.

To be perfectly honest this just seems like the latest attempt to cover up the original wol slot datamine which they've been trying adamantly to do for like a year now. Maybe it does mean something is in the works but right now I'm not betting on it.
They definitely know that people datamine these games, so I wouldn't put it past them.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
You'll know when you see it. Other people have hinted at it too and I'll point out the various dog whistles once the time comes. A few of my confidants already know too so they'll be able to verify as well if need be.
Based on all of the hints I've seen floating around (And how not subtle Papagenos was acting leading up to the Nindies presentation), the conclusion I've come to as to what this could possibly be is

Earthbound Remake w/ Toby Fox on the team, possibly as a composer.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
You'll know when you see it. Other people have hinted at it too and I'll point out the various dog whistles once the time comes. A few of my confidants already know too so they'll be able to verify as well if need be.
I see. So... you're like 99% confident this is real? I'm just wondering because, as you know, a lot of speculation we've done lately hasn't ended up true, so I don't want to get hyped for a nondescript thing and I also want to know if your prediction is spot on!

Also, do you mind linking your hints towards what this mystery game is?

T2by4

Smash Lord
Based on all of the hints I've seen floating around (And how not subtle Papagenos was acting leading up to the Nindies presentation), the conclusion I've come to as to what this could possibly be is

Earthbound Remake w/ Toby Fox on the team, possibly as a composer.
But why would he hint that it would be at the nindies? Earthbound isn't an indie? That's the only reason I have my doubts. What hints was papa dropping that led you to this conclusion?

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Network maintenance for Nintendo Switch "Distribution of update data" from 13:30 today is a maintenance that temporarily prevents update data (Ver.9.1.0) from being received during this time. It does not mean that we will deliver new "update data". We apologize for the misleading announcement.

Not sure what to make of this, the fact that we have back to back days of maintenance is still suspicious to me but the fact that they went out of their way to address it to deflate hype also has me worried
and why would that remotly worry you?

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
If we actually get 100 characters...

Anyone who doubted me when i first brought up that possibility last year, yeah ima rub their noses so deep in it...
Time to go hunt down those posts now.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
But why would he hint that it would be at the nindies? Earthbound isn't an indie? That's the only reason I have my doubts. What hints was papa dropping that led you to this conclusion?
Papa said he got some kind of juicy info, and then suddenly went on a tangent about Earthbound and Porky's missing spirit in Smash; and then when pressed when said announcement wasn't at the Nindies he said he was going to sit on it and wait because it was that big of a deal

1578376775546.png

Like, this is really out of character for PG, he never dangles stuff like this.

So I think it's a reasonable conclusion to come to

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
So what, someone from PapaGeno's discord server said they found 24 dummy slots? Yeah, I'm going to wait until other dataminers prove it before I buy any more of that idea.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Papa said he got some kind of juicy info, and then suddenly went on a tangent about Earthbound and Porky's missing spirit in Smash; and then when pressed when said announcement wasn't at the Nindies he said he was going to sit on it and wait because it was that big of a deal

You either die a speculator, or you live long enough to see yourself become an insider. :ultpacman:

DuoStuff

Smash Rookie
Dude Earthbound is my 2nd favorite game of all time. (Right behind Persona 5.) After years of waiting for Mother 3 to arrive with nothing coming of it, I kinda just gave up on getting anything Earthbound related. If we actually get anything with Toy Fox at the helm I'd e thrilled.
Also to add to evidence of something like this happening, I'd like to note that Nintendo has been working with Toy Fox a lot lately, what with Sans/Megalovania in Smash and Toby not only working on music for Town, but also even for Pokemon Sword and Shield. Combine that with Undertale and Deltarune getting their own segments in Nintendo Directs with their own custom trailers instead of a voice over with random footage like most 3rd party games get, it's clear Toby has been decently close with Nintendo lately.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
We're up to 24 slots now, you say? Not sure if all of them are to be filled by future DLC fighters or not, but just the prospect that we might be getting even more fighters than we expected is bonkers! Sakurai and the team are really trying to outdo what they already outdone it looks like.

Also I think I might be back on the thread for good starting tomorrow. Right now I ought to sleep, though.

NixF

Smash Cadet

Network maintenance for Nintendo Switch "Distribution of update data" from 13:30 today is a maintenance that temporarily prevents update data (Ver.9.1.0) from being received during this time. It does not mean that we will deliver new "update data". We apologize for the misleading announcement.

Not sure what to make of this, the fact that we have back to back days of maintenance is still suspicious to me but the fact that they went out of their way to address it to deflate hype also has me worried
Before everyone mentioned the possible 10.0 update, I interpreted that maintenance as "we're preparing the servers with the new system/game update date, there's nothing to download for now" and not "there's a new system/game update go download it".

So that tweet didn't change much, at least from my perspective.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Just passing by to learn a bit on the shenanigans of the thread and news and...

What? There's more dummy slots? You sure? Aight.

Mass Of Hero Sack of Rice, you are a madman if that it's true. We truly don't deserve you.

:2gud:.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Let's freaking go!

I sure hope that some fighters get a...View attachment 256039
Fighters like Geno, Isaac, Waluigi, Krystal, Dixie Kong, Zero, Shantae, Skull Kid, Bandana Dee, Shovel Knight, Ashley, Chun-Li, Dr. Eggman, ect. :chuckle:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I genuinely considered the possibility that SSBU would end at 100 or at least that this was a hypothetical goal considering the numbering of every fighter and this being the Smash to end all Smashes.

link2702

Smash Champion
Anything new come from the switch update by any chance? Like a new codename for fp5?

Or how about the switch itself? New themes? Web browser, etc?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
People have been asking me about the "big" rumor and wanting me to clarify more on it so I wanted to take a moment to explain the true nature of the rumor. The truth of the matter is that the rumor actually has four parts to it (from three different contacts) but they all pertain to the same things and go back to August I believe (I'll have to check my DMs later to verify). Now, on this front, none of my confidants know all four parts. The ones I've shared it with know one part and, sorry guys, it's the part that's most likely to not be true. Only three of my confidants know more than one part and two of these confidants have kept secrets on my behalf for over a year.

What does this all mean? This means that this rumor isn't just one but four. My predictions is that two of the rumors will come true in the next Direct because I don't think the internet could handle all four coming true in the same presentation. Like I said, very few people know all four parts and, truth be told, the other parts will probably be abundantly clear if and when they happen and are actually true. Yes, I have receipts. Why all this hassle? Because, like I said, it's a very big deal which is why I'm even encouraging "good guessers" to keep it to themselves on this one. Like I keep saying, the surprise will be more than worth it even if only one of the four parts ends up being true.

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
People have been asking me about the "big" rumor and wanting me to clarify more on it so I wanted to take a moment to explain the true nature of the rumor. The truth of the matter is that the rumor actually has four parts to it (from three different contacts) but they all pertain to the same things and go back to August I believe (I'll have to check my DMs later to verify). Now, on this front, none of my confidants know all four parts. The ones I've shared it with know one part and, sorry guys, it's the part that's most likely to not be true. Only three of my confidants know more than one part and two of these confidants have kept secrets on my behalf for over a year.

What does this all mean? This means that this rumor isn't just one but four. My predictions is that two of the rumors will come true in the next Direct because I don't think the internet could handle all four coming true in the same presentation. Like I said, very few people know all four parts and, truth be told, the other parts will probably be abundantly clear if and when they happen and are actually true. Yes, I have receipts. Why all this hassle? Because, like I said, it's a very big deal which is why I'm even encouraging "good guessers" to keep it to themselves on this one. Like I keep saying, the surprise will be more than worth it even if only one of the four parts ends up being true.
I'm beginning to feel the pins and needles I'm sitting on.

Maybe I have an idea? But also I doubt. You said you haven't heard anything about when a possible Direct date is, right?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

With how big of a deal you're describing this, I wouldn't be surprise if it's an official localize Mother 3 or a new Banjo-Kazooie game coming to the Switch.

Edit: Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , can I ask you a quick question in private?

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord

Oh god. If porky was the fighter after fp5 that still wouldn't give us a good concrete answer to Geno's fate since Porky was never a spirit.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm beginning to feel the pins and needles I'm sitting on.

Maybe I have an idea? But also I doubt. You said you haven't heard anything about when a possible Direct date is, right?
I'm sorry. I'm being vague about it on purpose because, like Banjo in Smash last year, I want to hint at things but I also don't want to be "that guy" that unapologetically spoils a major announcement of a presentation. I know this frustrates people but, the bigger the rumor, usually the more abstract and indirect I am about it. Like Banjo, it's one of those things that most people wouldn't even believe me if I outright said it but, again, if it's true, this is going to mean a lot to a lot of people and I say this about all four "parts" of the rumor.

pinshadow

Smash Lord

So wait, do all four rumors relate to the same franchise?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Oh god. If porky was the fighter after fp5 that still wouldn't give us a good concrete answer to Geno's fate since Porky was never a spirit.
Porky, Sylux, or any non Spirit Nintendo character getting in wouldn't hurt Geno's chances of getting promoted one bit.

I'm sorry. I'm being vague about it on purpose because, like Banjo in Smash last year, I want to hint at things but I also don't want to be "that guy" that unapologetically spoils a major announcement of a presentation. I know this frustrates people but, the bigger the rumor, usually the more abstract and indirect I am about it. Like Banjo, it's one of those things that most people wouldn't even believe me if I outright said it but, again, if it's true, this is going to mean a lot to a lot of people and I say this about all four "parts" of the rumor.
Mother trilogy collection+Porky in Smash+new Banjo-Kazooie game+new SMRPG game+Geno in Smash=SUPER DUPER HYPE TIME! ;)

I know I included five parts here instead of four so I kind of cheated. But honestly, all of these would make the Internet run wild in hype.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Technically yes. This is also why I keep repeating, even if you THINK you know, keep it to yourself. To those that don't keep it to themselves, it is decried that their moms will be designated hoes for all eternity.
Gruntilda: You're a wise man Fatman. Wisdom and thought clouds your mind, you're a saint for the masses here for all time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom