• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Network maintenance for Nintendo Switch "Distribution of update data" from 13:30 today is a maintenance that temporarily prevents update data (Ver.9.1.0) from being received during this time. It does not mean that we will deliver new "update data". We apologize for the misleading announcement.

Not sure what to make of this, the fact that we have back to back days of maintenance is still suspicious to me but the fact that they went out of their way to address it to deflate hype also has me worried
I mean, there is other factors at play that have people thinking that there will be a Direct, so it isn't some killing blow. It just means that this isn't a factor in a hypothetical Direct.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I mean, there is other factors at play that have people thinking that there will be a Direct, so it isn't some killing blow. It just means that this isn't a factor in a hypothetical Direct.
Well, Nintendo Directs can happen without important updates, or updates of any kind, right?

T2by4

Smash Lord

Network maintenance for Nintendo Switch "Distribution of update data" from 13:30 today is a maintenance that temporarily prevents update data (Ver.9.1.0) from being received during this time. It does not mean that we will deliver new "update data". We apologize for the misleading announcement.

Not sure what to make of this, the fact that we have back to back days of maintenance is still suspicious to me but the fact that they went out of their way to address it to deflate hype also has me worried
Im just suspicious not a single detail about a supposed upcoming direct was leaked. That's mainly why I don't see it happening this week.

Also Ninteninjas probably watching this thread constantly for any leaks that may come out. Hello frens.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
So to clarify something, Nintendo usually (or never) does directs in the second half of the month right? So a theoretical direct would happen this week or next week. I would be surprised if there wasn't a direct this month, but if there wasn't and it happened next month, I would expect at that point for them to announce and release FP5 the same day. Plus there would be a good chance that they will at least announce the first post-pass character.

At this point I'm 50/50 on them announcing FP5 in the next direct with maybe some info on post-pass or them announcing a Smash direct for February.
I still bet this week tbh

I keep bringing it up, but the Amiibo launch pattern has time and again proven to be consistent: Sakurai always shows off the new wave in his presentations before they're set to release. The new wave launches on the 17th

While a Direct could just as easily be next week it'd be going down to the wire. Not to mention just like you said, they never do Directs in the latter half of the month.

So, I'm banking this week. Next Tuesday at the absolute latest

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Well, Nintendo Directs can happen without important updates, or updates of any kind, right?
Of course. We just assumed that a Direct may introduce something relating to this system update, which Nintendo has clarified that won't be the case.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Im just suspicious not a single detail about a supposed upcoming direct was leaked. That's mainly why I don't see it happening this week.

Also Ninteninjas probably watching this thread constantly for any leaks that may come out. Hello frens.
I mean, there might've been, as addressed in this video.

Plus, there was that GameStop thing that usually comes out before a Direct.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Of course. We just assumed that a Direct may introduce something relating to this system update, which Nintendo has clarified that won't be the case.
Yeah, I mean, anything related to whatever games they announce that will release later, they don't have to release them right away. If anything, if I have this down correctly, they can just update the Switch for those games at a later time, if I am not mistaken.

T2by4

Smash Lord
I mean, there might've been, as addressed in this video.

Plus, there was that GameStop thing that usually comes out before a Direct.
But not actual direct details. That video is more of speculation.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Ya'll know what I'm really waiting for besides the Direct announcement? For them to finally add Super Mario RPG to the SNES library. Soon as that game drops I'm going IN! :2gud: Actually... I wonder if Nintendo checks how much time players spend on the NES and SNES library titles, or at least how many people play each of those games? If they have a means to look that data up, a sudden spike in the use/playtime on the SNES Library (specifically playing SMRPG) could send Nintendo a sign. :starman:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Ya'll know what I'm really waiting for besides the Direct announcement? For them to finally add Super Mario RPG to the SNES library. Soon as that game drops I'm going IN! :2gud: Actually... I wonder if Nintendo checks how much time players spend on the NES and SNES library titles, or at least how many people play each of those games? If they have a means to look that data up, a sudden spike in the use/playtime on the SNES Library (specifically playing SMRPG) could send Nintendo a sign. :starman:
I am waiting for Mario RPG on the SNES Switch Library as well, along with all three Donkey Kong Country games.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
That game I teased for the Nindies/VGAs? It's probably finally happening. If you figure it out based on clues myself or others have left, I would advise not saying it out loud. Let it stay a surprise for the full impact it deserves.
Interessant... you have talked up this game for quite a while! I'm wondering what on Earth it'll be... hm.

Oi, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , I have an idea... you should type down what the actual game/prediction is that can show the last time edited (like notes on your phone or something), so then we can see if your prediction was indeed right and you can show us (since you said either the Nindies or an early year Direct would show this hyped up game off)! I believe you and don't think you'd lie, but it would certainly help if it showed the last time edited just in case.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Once the Direct comes out the wave of RTing old Nintendo tweets to fool people will go into hibernation for a few more months

Speaking of, have a meme I made for that occasion

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
When Geno gets in, do you guys think that he will only come with 2 songs, but all the other Mario songs will also be able to be played on his stage? Or do you think Sakurai will bring in songs from other Mario rpgs like the Paper Mario series (in addition to the 2 songs)?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I love this, hey MisterMike MisterMike could something like this be in your video?
Flying down right from the sky
With a SNES on his back
He's come to punish those who
Do not play and stay on track

It is over
He's here for you
A Stellar throw, you're dead
You've met your end
He will make you eat lead

Genota Sanshiro!
Genota Sanshiro!
You must play the SNES!

There is no way out of this
You all will suffer his wrath
No matter where it is you are
You're in for a bloodbath

Dancing in a party
There is no time to run
No more fun
You are as good as done!

Genota Sanshiro!
Genota Sanshiro!
You must play the SNES!

Long ago, when the SNES reigned,
There was a star spirit in the form of a puppet who came from above
To make sure the people below played Nintendo games
To believe, that Nintendo was the best!

He knows where you live
You'll face your doom
He will get to you
Even if you're locked in your room

It is fruitless
To try and survive
For he will arrive
You know you will not strive

Genota Sanshiro!
Genota Sanshiro!
You must play the SNES!

He's too powerful for you
He'll beat you with a Geno Blast
And if you're still moving some
He'll use his Geno Flash

So play the SNES
Or he will come to get you
Nothing you do
Will save you, that is true!

Genota Sanshiro!
Genota Sanshiro!
You must play NIIIIIIINTENDO!

How is this?

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
Woke up from dreaming I got stabbed between the ribs, but was immediately greeted by Segata Sanshiro upon reloading the thread. So it balances out.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
First Geno killed a group of people. Now he tried to kill Griselda. Dam Geno, chill buddy.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Does anyone know how to bump old topics?
You can't, this isn't Reddit.
I love this, hey MisterMike MisterMike could something like this be in your video?
The video I intend to make is in the style of BestGuyEver's, so I don't know if Geno riding around on an SNES beating up people who don't play SMRPG would fit with the flow of the video.
Woke up from dreaming I got stabbed between the ribs, but was immediately greeted by Segata Sanshiro upon reloading the thread. So it balances out.
I've heard that if you die in your dream you die in real life. How the hell are you still alive?

Griselda

Smash Lord
I've heard that if you die in your dream you die in real life. How the hell are you still alive?
Oh, I've died many times in dreams. Whenever I die in a dream I'm just forcefully booted out and back into my body, usually with all of my muscles tensing up for a bit.

This time I didn't actually die, though. I was bleeding out in front of my unconcerned mother, who just stood there while my vision went dark and casually said, 'I'm hungry'. I remember being pissed and then I woke up normally.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Oh, I've died many times in dreams. Whenever I die in a dream I'm just forcefully booted out and back into my body, usually with all of my muscles tensing up for a bit.
There’s something unnerving about how used to this you are lol. Freddy Kruger would be nothing to you.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
I’m not sure how recent this was discovered, but some people in the PapaGeno’s discord posted this image.

We are now up to 24 dummy slots. Of course, not all of these have to be filled, but it’s interesting that they increased the number of slots...

Attachments

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I’m not sure how recent this was discovered, but some people in the PapaGeno’s discord posted this image.

We are now up to 24 dummy slots. Of course, not all of these have to be filled, but it’s interesting that they increased the number of slots...
Holy ****...

And these are the WoL slots?

Franco Geno

Smash Lord

Those are not dummy slots, they're alternate costumes for Geno!

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
yeah I'd like someone who knows more about this to speak on the topic first. after all they would need to rebuild the css to add more than 11 new fighters. but if this is legit..., well it looks like that idea of 100 man roster isn't total insanity...

T2by4

Smash Lord
1577740198992m.jpg

Sakurai really is gonna make sure this smash is the last... it really is gonna be ULTIMATE.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

It's the game that never ends~

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I don't want to get my hopes up.......but if Sakurai really pushes through to 100 characters, that would be a god-tier move. I don't think the game would ever be beaten in terms of quality and quantity if the madman actually does it.

DuoStuff

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. Longtime lurker, first time poster. (Also a massive supporter for Geno for Smash obviously.) Been watching the thread for a long time, but every time I've wanted to join in, things were uh... Not going great. Anyways.
I'm making a retrospecive series on all the Mario RPGs, and right now I'm scripting Super Mario RPG. I grew up with this game, but when I say that I mean I played on the Wii Virtual Console as a kid after discovering the game because of Rawest Forest. (I really hope someone knows what I'm talking about.) I would really like if some of you who grew up with this game when it came out could give me a bit on what made it so magical at the time, and also specifically why you guys liked Geno so much at the time and why he's continued to resonate with you guys for so long. (My reasons are likely very different considering I played it in like 2010 for the first time.) I'd like to have some stuff to mention in the retrospective video, as my perspective obviously won't e completely all encompassing considering HOW I grew up with it.
Anyways, glad that I finally made the jump. Hoping I can continue to actually join in on the Geno support as well, because I've genuinely wanted him since I first played it. (And at this time I legit didn't know there was even a support base for him. I thought I was genuinely alone at the time.)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Interessant... you have talked up this game for quite a while! I'm wondering what on Earth it'll be... hm.

Oi, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , I have an idea... you should type down what the actual game/prediction is that can show the last time edited (like notes on your phone or something), so then we can see if your prediction was indeed right and you can show us (since you said either the Nindies or an early year Direct would show this hyped up game off)! I believe you and don't think you'd lie, but it would certainly help if it showed the last time edited just in case.
You'll know when you see it. Other people have hinted at it too and I'll point out the various dog whistles once the time comes. A few of my confidants already know too so they'll be able to verify as well if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom