• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
This is becoming more about Waluigi, than the article itself.
But I'll say this, I think we're gonna receive something big for Smash soon, and 3 reveals isn't as farfetched as it sounds.
Yeah, they're TOTALLY going to show 3 new characters and be like "okay, wait a month for this fifth fighter, then wait an additional 3 months for the sixth fighter, and then wait 2 months afterwards for the seventh fighter."
No, that's not going to happen. The only way we're getting 3 reveals if one of them is an Echo Fighter. They can do triple reveal for the base roster, but they ain't doing that for DLC. It's a lot different.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, they're TOTALLY going to show 3 new characters and be like "okay, wait a month for this fifth fighter, then wait an additional 3 months for the sixth fighter, and then wait 2 months afterwards for the seventh fighter."
No, that's not going to happen. The only way we're getting 3 reveals if one of them is an Echo Fighter. They can do triple reveal for the base roster, but they ain't doing that for DLC. It's a lot different.
K, Sakurai.

So uhh... ketchup, mustard, or both?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
*Seeing people expecting a triple reveal in January*

So we haven't learned anything from the Video Game Awards fiasco. Cool.
I don't expect a triple reveal either, but I HIGHLY expect a double reveal though.

Ok I know I’ve been gone for awhile but I just wanted to say something to the mods.
STEP YOUR GAME UP!
Also sorry for having all caps on but it would take forever for me to retype it so just imagine I’m talking instead of yelling.
THERE IS NO REASON PEOPLE WHO ARE OBVIOUSLY TROLLS CAN JUST COME HERE, RUIN THE COMMUNITY, AND THEN ONLY GET TEMPORARILY BANNED INSTEAD OF PERMABANNED SINCE THATS OBVIOUSLY WHAT YOU SHOULD DO, AND INSTEAD, THE ENTIRE GENO THREAD GETS EFFECTED BY THIS AND IS UNABLE TO TALK ABOUT NORMAL LIFE.
THE FACT THAT THE GENO THREAD ISNT ALLOWED TO JUST TALK TO EACH OTHER ABOUT ANYTHING OTHER THAN GENO IS DUMB, THIS IS ONE OF THE ONLY PLACES ON THE INTERNET WHERE A GROUP OF GENO FANS CAN GET TOGETHER AND TALK AND WE ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT GENO, WHATS SO WRONG WITH TALKING ABOUT OTHER THINGS? I JUST THINK YOU GUYS TAKE YOUR POWER AS MODERATORS EITHER TOO SERIOUSLY OR NOT SERIOUS ENOUGH AND BECUASE OF IT, USER WANIIZ ENDED UP LEAVING COMPLETELY, SO PLEASE, STEP YOUR GAME UP.

Alright that’s all, please take this into consideration mods I just want this community to thrive.
Wait, Waniiz is literally gone because of this trollish bull****? That really sucks I had no idea. They can say what they want to me for saying this, but I think the mods or at least some of them greatly favor certain people on this site.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I'm having fun with it still. Like I said, my fun comes from analyzing basically any theory, hence why I tend to respond to Fatmanonice's various ideas, intentionally dumb or not.
Fair enough, I suppose. Maybe wynn is getting to me...

(P.S. FIX YOUR IMAGE HOSTING SMASHBOARDS)

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
Was busy irl but glad to come back in here and see I'm just on the dot for memes and insane fun theory crafting. Fatman proves to me every time he posts that there is a person out there still worth having a hard drink with and shooting the breeze.

I unironically enjoy everyone's back and forth (barring the "visitors" who intentionally start fires on our lawn), even the more analytical and cynical. Every comedy needs a straight man, and life is one heck of a comedy, in and out of Smash spec.

Still confident for Geno am I, just enjoying the ride. Wishing everyone here the best as always.

EDIT: I am sad to hear of anyone leaving this place especially someone who seemed chill like Waniiz. The disruptors are absolutely given too small a penalty.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Okay we got a Geno band going, we're good
MOM LOOK IM IN ONE OF THOSE MEMES

Doesn't Ms. Puff play a keyboard/synth in that band? It works perfectly. Nice.

Yo, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , I just had a GALAXY BRAIN thought regarding your
LeAkS
More specifically who DLC Fighter 6 could be. So based on what you've been
LeAkInG
The 6th DLC character would be a type of bonus character a la Piranha Plant. Now I think we're all mostly in agreement that Piranha Plant was supposed to be base game, since it's the only DLC Fighter who has a Palutena's Guidence conversation that isn't the typical one used for DLC Fighters. This means, in terms of making it a bonus DLC Fighter they had little to do with regards to development. Now this got me thinking: Are there any other characters that would be similar in terms of required development to Piranha Plant?

Because one such character comes to mind: A character who has a lot of work done on them already, plenty of assets to work with, and only has a few minor issues that'd need some polishing up to make them playable. A character who could come with an assortment of random costumes without it looking weird, who wouldn't require a CGI trailer, who wouldn't be an Echo Fighter in accordance with what Sakurai said regarding DLC, AND who would break some rules we've held for a long while. Do you know who I'm referring to? That's right, it's...
GIGA BOWSER!
Seriously, think about it!
- He's a character who nobody would suspect, since he's both a Boss and part of Bowser's Final Smash, two things that would usually be considered a death sentence for them getting in as a fighter.
- He's already in the game, so there'd be no need to make a time consuming CGI trailer for him. I mean, what would be the point?
- Being both a Mario character and a Smash original, he wouldn't have much that would fit in terms of Mii Costumes, so he could come with whatever, including nothing at all.
- His more bestial mannerisms would make him stand out enough from Bowser, who now stands more upright, which would be enough to disqualify him from being an Echo Fighter despite being sort of similar to Bowser in terms of playstyle.
- And most importantly, he can already by played as via hacking, which shows that he has a lot of his moves intact and works suprisingly well outside of his boss battle. Polish him up a bit, balance him out with the rest of the cast, and he would make for an excellent new bonus fighter.
They had us in the first half, not gonna lie.

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
Oh! OH! I PLAY MUSIC too! Piano since I'm 8 (am 31) and I pick up everything by ear. Guitar, ukulele, very rudimentary banjo, harmonica, synths and I can sing. I would love to play music with people of such great culture.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
The thing about the Fatman speculation/leak thing is the context the “speculation” is being given in. Fatman has fully admitted before that his contacts are former contacts of one particular person, that are basically giving him info out of their frustration with said particular person. Taking Fatman’s name out of the equation, you get statements like the following:

“The old, still extremely reliable sources of a certain prominent leaker are largely in agreement that #5 is going to be a Western character.”

Which certainly sounds like one hell of a leak to me, and probably many others. Now, if it was worded to more specifically imply that that’s what they’re all speculating based off no concrete information, then I’m pretty sure that most of the confusion would go away, but that’s incredibly unclear.

...So, actually, let’s just clear it up here:
Seriously, what's the point in talking in absolutes? Why bother speculating if people can't cope with the idea that there are options between 0 and 100%?
Is there anything actually concrete that those sources are basing the Western character thing on, or is that completely speculation on their part? Clearing that up would go a long way to stop the confusion around your statements.

Last edited:

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
This guy gets it. I like you.

Seriously, what's the point in talking in absolutes? Why bother speculating if people can't cope with the idea that there are options between 0 and 100%?
Right back at ya FMOI.

None of this is new to me, I was pretty much a lurker in the past, I've been following this scene since the Sonic-in-Melee April Fools stunt.
And it's tiring tbh, I just want the Wah in Smash, I'll quit all of this when that happens.

But in the mean time, it's good to have fun, and speculate.
I wanna personally thank you Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , for having the will to push through, and not lose your way because of what some think they know of you.

I hope we all get to see how this journey ends, hopefully a happy end for everyone.

But seriously what's wrong with my pfp?!?

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I see we’re in the “absolute nonsense speculation” state right now.

I’m all in.

Okay so related to Fatman’s tinfoil hat, are there any Spirits with online icons besides Geno?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Only a Sith deals in absolutes. >:O We must only speculate to be Jedi.

We must DEW IT!!! We must join the dark side if we are to obtained UNLIMITED POWER!!!

The number of posts in Smashboards threads aren't exactly a flawless metric for how popular a character is in the Smash fandom. For example, we can be pretty confident that Geno's a popular choice here on Smashboards, but I'm not sure if that can be translated to the English-speaking fandom as a whole, let alone the entire Smash fandom.
I kind of agree with that. Shovel Knight is a popular requested character and he doesn't even have a support thread on here.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I see we’re in the “absolute nonsense speculation” state right now.

I’m all in.

Okay so related to Fatman’s tinfoil hat, are there any Spirits with online icons besides Geno?
There's a lot of them - I use a cardboard box from Metal Gear Solid as my online icon in Smash. I'm not sure if that means anything; it certainly doesn't mean that an ordinary cardboard box is going to be a playable character.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
RingJ5 RingJ5 Like I say, they're rumors. They hear stuff but can't 100% verify it. Sometimes it's literally "I heard (insert stuff here)" and then begins an epic story that rivals Lord of the Rings.

Then it typically goes to "uh, where did it come from?"

Then they respond "Uh, one of my contacts" to which I reply "Uh, why should we take it seriously?"

This then goes into "uh, well, this guy has gotten (insert stuff here) right in the past."

"Neat! Do you have proof of this?"

"Yarp! (insert evidence here)"

"Neato; where did they get this info from?"

"Beats the **** out of me but they get stuff right so..."

"Okay, well, that's fair..."

And that's like 95% of my interactions with these guys. People seriously complicate the **** out of it because the sources usually don't even fully understand how the **** their own sources get info. My NoA ambassador friend was the most transparent and even his answers were super vague.

"Where did you get this?"

"Uh, a supervisor/colleague that's gotten (insert list here) right before."

"Uh, where did they get it?"

"**** if so know... I just know they get stuff right a lot."

"Oh... Cool!"

This is literally this simple.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I like the fact that you pointed this out because it's potentially cheeky bull**** from Nintendo itself and I'm going to go into other examples if only because certain (lip smack) individuals absolutely seethe when I go totally off the rails with my speculation. So, I like said the other day, A LOT of major gaming channels and insiders are being cheeky as all hell right now. It's great; I love it. People were doing this with Banjo too right before E3 to the point that it was ****ing obnoxious but hilarious at the same time because, two weeks before E3, nobody gave a **** about subtle anymore and it was glorious. It's happening all over again and I've pointed this out to some of my friends and confidants and probably half of them have been like "dude, I love you, but... STFU..." and then I just go back to laughing to myself like a moron.

So, fair warning, I'm about to go into some super tinfoil hat territory. It's not totally serious and I am being a little trolly because I know some people are going to read this and start hard drinking immediately following. So, uh, last warning: if my speculation causes the degradation of your emotional regulation, consider this an invitation to your mental salvation and click away now because, uh, we're going to get nutty professor up in this *****. To crank up the trolling to 11, Laxchris, I give you full permission to make a video about this post. Go nuts, dude.

Daisy Theory

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ELJAe_9VAAAlQV0.jpg

Let's pretend that this means literally anything at all. People analyzed chairs last year so why the **** not? It's Mario with the four already announced characters of the Fighter's Pass and Daisy and Plant. What are Daisy and Plant doing there? Well, thematically, they compliment Mario but there's really no point in them being there. You have a Fighter Pass character on and under the platforms so it evens out without them. Mario's, well, Mario and Nintendo's main mascot so of course he's there. Why the other two? Let's get nutty.

Suppose Sakurai is being insufferably cheeky with this picture. What can we infer? Well, Daisy was the only Mario newcomer in the base roster and Plant was a bonus character. What if this is a clue about the future? We've already established the high probability that 5 will be a third party character from a yet unrepresented company in Smash, especially since we established the other pattern that the Fighter's Pass characters have all been from companies that didn't have newcomers in the game yet. That said, this rules out a Mario character for 5. GG. What if we go forward?

Let's pretend Daisy and Plant are stand ins for 6 and 7. This would imply two things: it would imply that 6 and 7 are Mario characters and that one (probably 6), is a bonus character. Two Mario characters in a row? That's a bit nutty, even for me, so maybe we should simply move onto the next super crazy totally impossible theory.

Can Shulk see the Future?

https://external-preview.redd.it/n1...bp&s=4bf9024cfe4c00be3295f7d29856ef88672fb98f

This one was brought up last year and I figured I'd bring it up again to go hard and heavy on the goofy and cause people's blood pressure to spike in the process. So, we have this lovely little image that's even in the game and can be seen every time you go online if you want to see it. Again, let's go off the rails and make people pour Jack Daniels in their Frosted Flakes this morning.

The first image is Dr. Mario with the Klap Trap icon. What do these guys have in common? Well, they're both technically spin-off characters from the Mario series. Dr. Mario is Mario with drugs and Klap Trap is originally from Donkey Kong Jr where Mario's a total sociopath and animal torturing asshole. So, again, totally crazy, but Dr. Mario appears to be thinking. Imagine that Klap Trap is a thought bubble. Dr. Mario is thinking about a Mario spin-off assist trophy for some weird reason. What a crazy guy! Must be all the hard drugs. Moving on...

Next we have Monado Boy™. As demonstrated time and time again in both Smash 4 and Smash Ultimate, Shulk's signature ability is being able to see the future. Let's pretend that Shulk is seeing the future. In Shulk's "thought bubble", he sees Geno. Maybe the dude's just a big SMRPG fan? Maybe he's really looking forward to that upcoming spirit battle? Who knows? Some people are thinkin' about those beans, Shulk is thinkin' about that Gen... O. Again, what a weird guy.

So, uh, yeah. Fun stuff and it kind of highlights that speculation should be fun and you should go off the rails. Don't put limitations on yourself and just have fun with it. Yes, it's inane ****ery but at least I have a smile on my face while typing it and am having fun. I hope people never lose sight of that: this is supposed to be fun.

You are the only one I have seen pushing the Dovahkin/Waluigi/Geno narrative.

I have not seen any other insider/leaker hint at any of those things. This is completely different than the Banjo situation pre E3.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
MOM LOOK IM IN ONE OF THOSE MEMES

Doesn't Ms. Puff play a keyboard/synth in that band? It works perfectly. Nice.

They had us in the first half, not gonna lie.
OH YES YOU ARE :D
Pd:Alright the band is ready, since you two compose music maybe you could work together and take the lead from here PokéfreakofBACON PokéfreakofBACON JoscarGamma JoscarGamma

Oh! OH! I PLAY MUSIC too! Piano since I'm 8 (am 31) and I pick up everything by ear. Guitar, ukulele, very rudimentary banjo, harmonica, synths and I can sing. I would love to play music with people of such great culture.
Great!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Besides Geno? I would want Smithy. He has insane moveset potential with all his different abilities by changing his head into a wizard, a canon, a mailbox, ect.
Speaking of Smithy, I made some moves up for him in the past. Here they are for those who missed them.

B: Strong Hammer Pound: This move is like Donkey Kong's Foward B, only it only causes the opponent to get buried by chance, or at random. Otherwise, it can hit very hard.

B Side: Controllable Portal: LIke Snake's side B, this allows Smithy to control an portal floating in the air and move it to a position. Once the position is set, either one of Smithy's spells from the game, Sledge (a giant mechanical pillar), Meteor Swarm or Sword Rain comes out of that portal, which turns into a mechanical object (in case of Sledge), stays the same (Meteor Swarm) or a cloud (Sword Rain). These moves don't affect the entire battlefield, and will come from under where the portal is. Once the position is set, Smithy cannot control the portal until it finishes and he uses the move again.

B Down: MInion Summoning: Smithy summons a minion by pounding a gooey substance like in his boss battle, summoning either Mack, Yaridovich, Boywer, or one of the Axem Rangers, who each have their own attack and go around attacking the player, though they can be KOed easily. Only one minion can be out at a time. Each minion has a different method of attacking.

B Up: Shockwave Jump: Smithy does a jump like that of KIng Dedede's Up B. Only difference is, when he lands, he will strike the ground with his hammer, performing a powerful shockwave that temporarily immobilizes and damages players, immobilizing depending on how much damage they have.

Final Smash: Final Form: Smithy swings his hammer, and if doesn't hit, nothing happens. If it does, a cutscene happens and he turns into his final form, throwing attacks at the opponents that were hit as he changes between his four heads. He doesn't attack with his initial normal head, but his head changes as he barrages the player from the tank head, to the magic head, to the mask head, and then the treasure head. Smithy then finishes by striking his hammer down, sending his opponents flying.

What do you all think?

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Waluigi and Geno revealed together?

...well, I have legitimately said for a while both characters could objectively happen. But a back to back reveal seems a little too ambitious.

(Yeah yeah yeah, I got it wynn, Waluigi and Geno are never gonna be in Smash. Save it, I got it.)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I have not seen any other insider/leaker hint at any of those things. This is completely different than the Banjo situation pre E3.
I could point out the numerous examples but I would be kind of an asshole for dragging all those fine folks into this. If you notice it, you notice it. If you don't, you don't. It's alright. Like I said earlier, it got to the point of being a bit much with Banjo where even retailers couldn't STFU and it was impossible to avoid. Thankfully, it's more subtle now so the January Direct will be a grand ol' day and a vast majority of people won't be spoiled. At the end of the day, that's all I want to do: give people interesting things to talk about while at the same time doing it ethically to where discussions are kept open and people are free to doubt me and the people I talk to.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Speaking of Smithy, I made some moves up for him in the past. Here they are for those who missed them.

B: Strong Hammer Pound: This move is like Donkey Kong's Foward B, only it only causes the opponent to get buried by chance, or at random. Otherwise, it can hit very hard.

B Side: Controllable Portal: LIke Snake's side B, this allows Smithy to control an portal floating in the air and move it to a position. Once the position is set, either one of Smithy's spells from the game, Sledge (a giant mechanical pillar), Meteor Swarm or Sword Rain comes out of that portal, which turns into a mechanical object (in case of Sledge), stays the same (Meteor Swarm) or a cloud (Sword Rain). These moves don't affect the entire battlefield, and will come from under where the portal is. Once the position is set, Smithy cannot control the portal until it finishes and he uses the move again.

B Down: MInion Summoning: Smithy summons a minion by pounding a gooey substance like in his boss battle, summoning either Mack, Yaridovich, Boywer, or one of the Axem Rangers, who each have their own attack and go around attacking the player, though they can be KOed easily. Only one minion can be out at a time. Each minion has a different method of attacking.

B Up: Shockwave Jump: Smithy does a jump like that of KIng Dedede's Up B. Only difference is, when he lands, he will strike the ground with his hammer, performing a powerful shockwave that temporarily immobilizes and damages players, immobilizing depending on how much damage they have.

Final Smash: Final Form: Smithy swings his hammer, and if doesn't hit, nothing happens. If it does, a cutscene happens and he turns into his final form, throwing attacks at the opponents that were hit as he changes between his four heads. He doesn't attack with his initial normal head, but his head changes as he barrages the player from the tank head, to the magic head, to the mask head, and then the treasure head. Smithy then finishes by striking his hammer down, sending his opponents flying.

What do you all think?
I absolutely love it! I think Up B/recovery should be able to break someone's shield if it hits in the right frame on said character like Bowser's Down Special. The Down Special sounds awesome, but potentially a little overpowered in competitive play if that makes any sense.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Just another fine day in the ol' speculation mines, eh lads and lasses? Let's pour ourselves a hot cup o' "don't take video games too seriously" and cheer on Geno into Smash.
IMG_20191230_095214387_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

(Why am I always sideways in these damn things?)

TriggerX

Smash Ace

Problem with these "leakers" you keep going on about is that they spoon feed you filtered information.

I'm not saying I even believe that Fatman has any reliable contacts at all, but at least he is pretty transparent as to what information/rumour leads him to speculate what character and why. And I can respect that approach.

We'll see if any of his theories/ or speculation pans out. Besides we'll have an idea if any of the information he has given us is true by the end of February.

MattX20

Smash Hero
It's hard to believe a new decade is just over a day away now, and what that means for Geno and Smash speculation going forward.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Quick, I need an edit of this, the robed figure is fatman and the lamb is geno.
ef357d1ec735f953338deb391ece5306.gif

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I could point out the numerous examples but I would be kind of an asshole for dragging all those fine folks into this. If you notice it, you notice it. If you don't, you don't. It's alright. Like I said earlier, it got to the point of being a bit much with Banjo where even retailers couldn't STFU and it was impossible to avoid. Thankfully, it's more subtle now so the January Direct will be a grand ol' day and a vast majority of people won't be spoiled. At the end of the day, that's all I want to do: give people interesting things to talk about while at the same time doing it ethically to where discussions are kept open and people are free to doubt me and the people I talk to.
I'll say this, you're seemingly starting to grow more confident about "certain things" being revealed now.

"Thankfully, it's more subtle now so the January Direct will be a grand ol' day and a vast majority of people won't be spoiled."

Like you seem to confident that things really are being hinted at and people just aren't seeing. (I'm not being hostile, it just seems like you're crossing into the territory of being really confident.)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I mean they made Wolf playable instead of Krystal because of time constraints so maybe it was a situation similar to that
Sakurai never did say if Krystal was ever planned for Brawl, but did say Wolf did get in over her because of him having a similar build to Fox so it was really easy to just put him in and make him a semi-clone and call it a day.

Here is the link to the Famatsu interview: https://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/08/17/sakuraibrawlquestions/

Someone asked him why they didn't add Krystal and he replied back saying it would be like asking why we didn't add a Waddle Dee or a Goomba or something. He also said if they did added Krystal they would have to have made a model from scratch since her build isn't like Fox's.

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
There's a lot of them - I use a cardboard box from Metal Gear Solid as my online icon in Smash. I'm not sure if that means anything; it certainly doesn't mean that an ordinary cardboard box is going to be a playable character.
You joke but when you see the words "CARDBOARD BOX SNEAKS INTO THE FRAY" you'll be eating a lot of crow :4pacman:

Nopote

Smash Apprentice
I'll say this, you're seemingly starting to grow more confident about "certain things" being revealed now.

"Thankfully, it's more subtle now so the January Direct will be a grand ol' day and a vast majority of people won't be spoiled."

Like you seem to confident that things really are being hinted at and people just aren't seeing. (I'm not being hostile, it just seems like you're crossing into the territory of being really confident.)
Don't know what to tell you other than that it's still either plausibly incorrect or correct. Personally wouldn't be surprised by a three-character reveal and believe, but the characters are where I have my personal disagreements.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I think the funniest part of the regular browbeating some people are giving a specific user for posting his theories and speculation that he builds from things he hears from people who may or may not have knowledge regarding Smash stuff is building up the dire implications of the fact that he could be wrong. As if someone being wrong about something on the internet is one of the worst crimes imaginable.

“Maybe FP5 isn’t a letdown and maybe it isn’t a western character?”
Cool. Then it’s something other than that.

“What if FP6 isn’t Waluigi or isn’t a bonus character with unrelated spirits?”
Then it might be some other fan favorite character.

“What if 7 isn’t Geno?”
Then Geno could still happen down the line (unless he gets yeeted through being a costume).

The stakes for Fatman being wrong are at worst mild disappointment about hypotheticals that didn’t end up happening. Also at this point it should be obvious that Nintendo themselves is shoveling out leakbait and false information to **** over leakers like Sabi and Verge to keep them from spoiling the game. So yeah some things Fatman hears might be bull**** specifically engineered to be worth talking about. That doesn’t mean that he’s lying that he’s heard these things or that they come from reputable sources.

If people have such weak coping mechanisms that their whole lives are going to fall apart over some random person in the internet getting false information then they have much bigger issues that go beyond Smash speculation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom