• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nopote

Smash Apprentice
If you don't like people with insider knowledge hinting at things, why do you pay attention to them? Literally just don't listen to them. It's not hard. No one is forcing you to be a part of Smash speculation.
I don't really do that, honestly, I just get occasional people talking about them on timelines. Dunno why you're assuming this grand emotional investment from something I've passively observed.

D

Deleted member

Did I ever say they were and, even if I was, how is what other people believe and think my fault? I am not responsible for other people. People have personal autonomy. You are responsible for your thoughts and your beliefs. I could somehow be the most persuasive person in the world and it would still be YOUR CHOICE to change your thoughts based on my thoughts.
You heard it here first folks.
[url=https://imgflip.com/i/3ksll7]via Imgflip Meme Generator[/URL]

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I don't really do that, honestly, I just get occasional people talking about them on timelines. Dunno why you're assuming this grand emotional investment from something I've passively observed.
I didn't assume any "grand emotional investment" at all. You are in a thread on SmashBoards, dedicated to speculating about Geno being in Smash, responding to Fatmanonice- Quite likely only here because you've heard about him elsewhere. By pure virtue of the fact that you're posting here, you are putting in effort to be a part of Smash Speculation. If you don't like it, then why are you doing it? Do literally anything else instead of complaining about something no one is forcing you to take part in.

Well, gents, it appears I got my first serious dox threat today:

Video games sure are serious business, eh?
Jesus Christ what is wrong with human beings... Literally why is this justifiable in anyone's mind at all?

Geno has rocket hands and he's in Smash because I said so. Take that.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

View attachment 255060

Well, this is a new all time low here.

Whoever did this was so immature, and needs to live in a home that gives constant therapy 9 days a week (it doesn't matter if there are only 7 days in a week, either, they need that much, as in 9 days a week).

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
The thing about all this that's really sticking in my urethra is how people keep saying "Fatman keeps leaking stuff!", yet all of the stuff he's talking about is just **** he's heard from random people. Y'know, stuff that can't be proven true beyond a shadow of a doubt, which is what a goddamn rumor is to begin with. Like, am I missing something here? When the hell has discussing unsubstantiated claims from random people you trust for some reason been considered tantamount to leaking objectively true information? Was there some sort of meeting where we all agreed to change the definitions of words that I missed out on?

From what I've understood, a leak is information about unrevealed/unreleased events or products that is found to be entirely legitimate beyond a shadow of a doubt. Rumors and unsubstantiated claims made by people that can be either proven true or debunked as false. What Fatman says he's been discussing with these random people can't be proven true by anyone, which would make them rumors. Now I have my problems with what Fatman has been saying, namely that he appears to be letting his biases get in the way of objective analysis, but I disagree that what he's doing is comparable to being a leaker, and I find it incredibly frustrating that neither of you can take this mud-slinging to your DMs as the mods have strongly suggested to you numerous times and stop ****ting up this thread.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

View attachment 255060

>threatening to dox someone over spreading rumors about a video game on a site that arguably hasn't been relevant since 2008

****ing lol

and they say fatman's the bad guy in all this

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Let;'s just try to get back on topic. So, what Mii costumes do you guys think will probably come with Geno aside from possibly Chocobo, Mallow and Smithy?

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

View attachment 255060

I know I have been critical of you for the past few days, but this is WAY out of line and uncalled for.

Doxxing is honestly one of the worst things that could happen to anyone on the internet, I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
The thing about all this that's really sticking in my urethra is how people keep saying "Fatman keeps leaking stuff!", yet all of the stuff he's talking about is just **** he's heard from random people. Y'know, stuff that can't be proven true beyond a shadow of a doubt, which is what a goddamn rumor is to begin with. Like, am I missing something here? When the hell has discussing unsubstantiated claims from random people you trust for some reason been considered tantamount to leaking objectively true information? Was there some sort of meeting where we all agreed to change the definitions of words that I missed out on?

From what I've understood, a leak is information about unrevealed/unreleased events or products that is found to be entirely legitimate beyond a shadow of a doubt. Rumors and unsubstantiated claims made by people that can be either proven true or debunked as false. What Fatman says he's been discussing with these random people can't be proven true by anyone, which would make them rumors. Now I have my problems with what Fatman has been saying, namely that he appears to be letting his biases get in the way of objective analysis, but I disagree that what he's doing is comparable to being a leaker, and I find it incredibly frustrating that neither of you can take this mud-slinging to your DMs as the mods have strongly suggested to you numerous times and stop ****ting up this thread.
That's the problem when an entire community decides to use the words "leak" and "rumor" interchangeably. Everything's a "leak" now, rumors don't exist, and there's nothing we can do about it. ‾\_(ツ)_/‾

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045

View attachment 255060

Holy **** what the ****

No seriously what the ****?

To all the gamefaqs assholes watching this thread, Fatman being wrong about what cartoon characters are in Super Smash Bros Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch won’t make your parents love you again.

Firox

Smash Master
Yeah, we need to just drop the drama right now. If Fatman wants to speculate, just freaking let the guy speculate without any undue harassment. If you don't believe him, then just DON'T BELIEVE HIM. Boom. That's it. Let's be adults here (or at least pretend to be for you young'uns) and refrain from talking about trolls and counter trolls. Yes, we know there's a lot of extremely under-actualized people out there. Let's just accept it and move on with the actual speculation (and dank memes).

Nopote

Smash Apprentice
I didn't assume any "grand emotional investment" at all. You are in a thread on SmashBoards, dedicated to speculating about Geno being in Smash, responding to Fatmanonice- Quite likely only here because you've heard about him elsewhere. By pure virtue of the fact that you're posting here, you are putting in effort to be a part of Smash Speculation. If you don't like it, then why are you doing it? Do literally anything else instead of complaining about something no one is forcing you to take part in.

Jesus Christ what is wrong with human beings... Literally why is this justifiable in anyone's mind at all?

Geno has rocket hands and he's in Smash because I said so. Take that.
I don't think I was really complaining, but if that's what you feel I'm doing, I'll stop.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I already said I'd drink a gallon full of beer. I remember some people saying they would eat a luigi hat. Can't @ her rn ... I think I could record my reaction..
If Geno does get in and you do this, this is something I've gotta see!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I swear Geno's inclusion will be so, SO sweet to rub the salt into the trolls' and non believers' faces. It will be the ultimate victory for the so called pipe dreamers like us.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Let;'s just try to get back on topic. So, what Mii costumes do you guys think will probably come with Geno aside from possibly Chocobo, Mallow and Smithy?
A croco hat, Sephiroth Mii costume with one winged angel track, red axem ranger, red shell, or the old Geno costume itself.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, cool, basically someone is so mad about video game rumors that they're threatening to not dox me but MY PARENTS. Very cool, internet. Very cool. Now do you guys get why I get so mad when people call me a liar and a con man? It's because it encourages behavior like this. So, what? You're going to harass and attack my SENIOR parents over video game rumors? Very cool, internet. Very cool.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
I am no expert on this sort of thing, but that seems very dangerous.
Uh, yeah, sorry about that. You do what you think is fine. I won't be upset either way.
Trick is I didn't say it would be in one shot (?
So, cool, basically someone is so mad about video game rumors that they're threatening to not dox me but MY PARENTS. Very cool, internet. Very cool. Now do you guys get why I get so mad when people call me a liar and a con man? It's because it encourages behavior like this. So, what? You're going to harass and attack my SENIOR parents over video game rumors? Very cool, internet. Very cool.
That really sucks man, what's wrong with people, Even if it's just a kid that wants to play edgy, that's no joke.

Slime

Smash Rookie
Holy **** what the ****

No seriously what the ****?

To all the gamefaqs assholes watching this thread, Fatman being wrong about what cartoon characters are in Super Smash Bros Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch won’t make your parents love you again.
I'm going to drop in here to say that not all GameFAQs people do this, even people who don't care for Geno or Fatmanonice. Someone that I know made me aware of this doxx attempt and asked me to let Fatman know about it, which I did promptly. If you're reading this and you're responsible or involved with this doxx attempt, you're no friend of mine and you aren't accomplishing anything of worth. It's a video game.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master

I mean, that's a different semantics issue to the one I've brought up here. Your is the issue with how Smash uses the term "leaks" and "leakers" across the past year interchangeably with rumors, which is honestly a fair issue to bring up, but not what I've really been discussing today. "Leaking" in the context of Smash means bringing up statements sources have said that are considered "insiders." Vergeben and Sabi are commonly accepted as "leakers" and that's the terminology we use in the Smash community to describe those types of people. Vergeben and Sabi weren't always certain about things they leaked (They both liked to pretend like they were, but they mixed tons of speculation in and came to uncertain conclusions based upon limited information quite frequently and were also hesitant to commit, just look at the 99% positive it's Banjo and so on). I just don't get why that's suddenly an issue to call people who do that "leakers" when its the commonly accepted nomenclature the community has been using for some time.

I don't get the hesitancy to embrace the terminology at this point...

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm going to drop in here to say that not all GameFAQs people do this, even people who don't care for Geno or Fatmanonice. Someone that I know made me aware of this doxx attempt and asked me to let Fatman know about it, which I did promptly. If you're reading this and you're responsible or involved with this doxx attempt, you're no friend of mine and you aren't accomplishing anything of worth. It's a video game.
I just can't believe people would do this? How does it make them better than Fatmanonice? It doesn't. It makes you look worse.

JoshuaOfMew772

Smash Rookie
At this point I just want geno to get in so all this Fatmanonice stuff stops getting spread around at the pace it is. This is incredibly frustrating that most speculation locations just constantly takes fatmans word as fact even though he has like no track record. It's not even people trying to "troll" this thread or anything, but most of the people some of yall are calling "trolls" seem to be in a similar boat as I am. This fatmanonice stuff is going too far and its really poluting the speculation community because theres no actual credibility behind it but people are taking it like it is and spreading it. It's also kinda sad to see that if (when) fatmans stuff gets proven wrong, the meltdown this place is going to have. Its also kinda frustrating that fatman keeps saying he's a "speculating" when he's trying to use his "inside sources". This isn't just speculation, this is just spreading rumors and practically DOES make you an insider whether you like it or not, please own up to it.

In short, all this fatman drama is getting really annoying and isn't just affecting this thread but also multiple places in the overall smash speculation community. At this point I, and many others, just want geno to get in because this is getting insanely annoying which I don't think is how some of you want your character to be viewed. Please guys... just calm down a bit with all this fatman stuff. Also please own up to being a "leaker" of sorts Fatman if what youre doing is basically leaking / spreading rumors instead of trying to shift the blame on others in a sense.

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice

View attachment 255060

Jeez, people are really insane. I don't care if I get a warning for flaming or whatever the coddling mods call it, when I saw a certain Tom like one of the potstirrers' anti Geno post, I knew we were in for some drama. Almost seems theres a causal link, but we cant talk about that. We just have to take it until the thread gets locked again and this certain Dimentio avatar gets to make another thread on his home planet linking here talking about how he "triggered" people and got the thread locked

No link there though, I'll take the warning I dont deserve. I'm sick of this. If you hate a character that much, go outside. Sheesh.

Geno has rocket fists and can turn into a cannon so that's S+ Smash material.

Also happy tears Franco Geno Franco Geno I got into the meme band :') An honor of highest order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom