• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm going to drop in here to say that not all GameFAQs people do this, even people who don't care for Geno or Fatmanonice. Someone that I know made me aware of this doxx attempt and asked me to let Fatman know about it, which I did promptly. If you're reading this and you're responsible or involved with this doxx attempt, you're no friend of mine and you aren't accomplishing anything of worth. It's a video game.
I'm going to say this publicly because a good deed needs to be recognized. You warned me about people wanting to doxx my parents so I owe you. You need help with anything, let me know. I'll try to help in whatever way I can.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
At this point I just want geno to get in so all this Fatmanonice stuff stops getting spread around at the pace it is. This is incredibly frustrating that most speculation locations just constantly takes fatmans word as fact even though he has like no track record. It's not even people trying to "troll" this thread or anything, but most of the people some of yall are calling "trolls" seem to be in a similar boat as I am. This fatmanonice stuff is going too far and its really poluting the speculation community because theres no actual credibility behind it but people are taking it like it is and spreading it. It's also kinda sad to see that if (when) fatmans stuff gets proven wrong, the meltdown this place is going to have. Its also kinda frustrating that fatman keeps saying he's a "speculating" when he's trying to use his "inside sources". This isn't just speculation, this is just spreading rumors and practically DOES make you an insider whether you like it or not, please own up to it.

In short, all this fatman drama is getting really annoying and isn't just affecting this thread but also multiple places in the overall smash speculation community. At this point I, and many others, just want geno to get in because this is getting insanely annoying which I don't think is how some of you want your character to be viewed. Please guys... just calm down a bit with all this fatman stuff. Also please own up to being a "leaker" of sorts Fatman if what youre doing is basically leaking / spreading rumors instead of trying to shift the blame on others in a sense.
Yeah, all of this anti-Fatman stuff is basically based on ignorance, especially for reasons already explained and that Fatman has no track record like you said. How can people be like this, anyway? Bad parenting, maybe?

D

Deleted member

I think a Sephiroth Mii costume with one winged track is a huge possibility. Sephiroth certainly does not fit in a season pass. Cloud can’t even get more than 2 tracks in Midgar. Having 1 or 2 tracks focusing on Sephiroth is certainly not worth a pack. I think Sephiroth could bring a stage, but spirits, nah. Not a single FF spirit except Cloud’s fighter render which is not even original FF7 artwork. What about Black Mage, Chocobo, Noctis, Moogle, Terra, Tifa, Barret, Bartz, Lightning, and other FF protagonists? None. Sephiroth Mii costume and his track can be there to slightly add more FF representation.

Last edited by a moderator:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
So, cool, basically someone is so mad about video game rumors that they're threatening to not dox me but MY PARENTS. Very cool, internet. Very cool. Now do you guys get why I get so mad when people call me a liar and a con man? It's because it encourages behavior like this. So, what? You're going to harass and attack my SENIOR parents over video game rumors? Very cool, internet. Very cool.

Holy crap.

People truly can be sick and twisted.

Slime

Smash Rookie
I'm going to say this publicly because a good deed needs to be recognized. You warned me about people wanting to doxx my parents so I owe you. You need help with anything, let me know. I'll try to help in whatever way I can.
I don't need anything. I just wanted to make sure that you knew that this was happening because it's definitely uncool. People are taking things way too far and I'm looking into it on my end to see if I can figure out who did this.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah, I agree Sephiroth is most likely gonna get Rex'd. I'd just be happy to have a little more FF7 content at least. Maybe Spirits of Aerith, Tifa, Cid, Vincent and Red XIII as well.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I agree Sephiroth is most likely gonna get Rex'd. I'd just be happy to have a little more FF7 content at least. Maybe Spirits of Aerith, Tifa, Cid, Vincent and Red XIII as well.
I’m curious, how come we don’t have any FF spirits?

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I mean, that's a different semantics issue to the one I've brought up here. Your is the issue with how Smash uses the term "leaks" and "leakers" across the past year interchangeably with rumors, which is honestly a fair issue to bring up, but not what I've really been discussing today. "Leaking" in the context of Smash means bringing up statements sources have said that are considered "insiders." Vergeben and Sabi are commonly accepted as "leakers" and that's the terminology we use in the Smash community to describe those types of people. Vergeben and Sabi weren't always certain about things they leaked (They both liked to pretend like they were, but they mixed tons of speculation in and came to uncertain conclusions based upon limited information quite frequently and were also hesitant to commit, just look at the 99% positive it's Banjo and so on). I just don't get why that's suddenly an issue to call people who do that "leakers" when its the commonly accepted nomenclature the community has been using for some time.

I don't get the hesitancy to embrace the terminology at this point...
Wasabi and Virgin Mobile generally tend to provide more certain claims. like saying #5 definitely isn't geno or doomguy. That is what I consider a leak (an infuriatingly obtuse one, but a leak nonetheless) I consider Sabra and Virginia leakers because the majority of their info trends towards this. Where fatman is different for me, is I consider his statements to be far less absolute. For instance, his people speculate that #5 will be a western character. This is fine and great for steering speculation, but ultimately nobody really knows what #5 will be. It could still be an eastern character depending on the solidity of the rumors provided. The difference here is as simple as the difference between definitely and maybe.

Even the whole "sakurai chose from A list of characters" thing was speculation misappropriated as fact

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
So, cool, basically someone is so mad about video game rumors that they're threatening to not dox me but MY PARENTS. Very cool, internet. Very cool. Now do you guys get why I get so mad when people call me a liar and a con man? It's because it encourages behavior like this. So, what? You're going to harass and attack my SENIOR parents over video game rumors? Very cool, internet. Very cool.
Man I cannot WAIT to hear revisionist history when Geno manages to get in. These are gonna be the same people who say they always believed Geno had a chance and was inevitable.

Give me a ****ing break.

JoshuaOfMew772

Smash Rookie
One solution I would like to propose is to ban this "leak talk" for the time being in this place for maybe until another major source comes out saying something or a direct gets announced, which shouldn't be too much longer if a moderator or something is reading this post. It seems like a decent way to prevent all this drama. This whole fatman debacle just seems to be causing not only issues of some types of harassment towards you guys / fattie but also issues in the overall community and even is leading to the resentment of geno from decent amounts of people because of how annoying this situation is.

please just talk about geno and stop with the Fatman leaks for like at least a week pleaaasseeeee, this is way too much

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Whether you agree with Fatmanonice's speculation (I personally do not) I think it is a bit uncalled for to doxx or really do anything.

Can we just drop the subject though so we don't bring any additional action. The user behind this is already banned indefinitely so let's just move on and not devolve our discussion to more drama.

I am still working on my proposed move set and I am excited to share that with you when I get the opportunity.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah, all of this anti-Fatman stuff is basically based on ignorance, especially for reasons already explained and that Fatman has no track record like you said. How can people be like this, anyway? Bad parenting, maybe?
If they don't like a character especially it it's as popular as Geno, anti fans of that character will attack the fans of that character.

For what, exactly? Do they even know they'll achieve nothing good out of this?
They're certain people in this world that will go to any extend to harass, hurt, or humiliate someone they don't like or just really hate.

I’m curious, how come we don’t have any FF spirits?
Two words: Square-Enix.

Last edited:

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
I don't need anything. I just wanted to make sure that you knew that this was happening because it's definitely uncool. People are taking things way too far and I'm looking into it on my end to see if I can figure out who did this.
Just want to thank you for showing humanity, its unsurprisingly rare on the internet.

Getting back on track, I think some more content for Cloud would be cool, and I'd particularly enjoy if Geno brought FFVI stuff. As someone who loves Terra/Tina, a mii costume would be the least I would want.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If they don't like a character especially it it's as popular as Geno, anti fans of that character will attack the fans of that character.

They're certain people in this world that will go to any extend to harass, hurt, or humiliate someone they don't like or just really hate.
Man, that is quite sad. It's as if their lives depended on Geno not being in.

Assuming they have lives to begin with. (No offense to anyone here, of course).

Slime

Smash Rookie
Whether you agree with Fatmanonice's speculation (I personally do not) I think it is a bit uncalled for to doxx or really do anything.

Can we just drop the subject though so we don't bring any additional action. The user behind this is already banned indefinitely so let's just move on and not devolve our discussion to more drama.

I am still working on my proposed move set and I am excited to share that with you when I get the opportunity.
Who are you saying is behind this? You can send me a private message if you don't want to post it openly.

OffBi

Smash Ace
Why do some people want to shut down the Geno thread, we didn't do anything to them

Also thanks Franco Geno Franco Geno for including me in the meme band

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I think a Sephiroth Mii costume with one winged track is a huge possibility. Sephiroth certainly does not fit in a season pass. Cloud can’t even get more than 2 tracks in Midgar. Having 1 or 2 tracks focusing on Sephiroth is certainly not worth a pack. I think Sephiroth could bring a stage, but spirits, nah. Not a single FF spirit except Cloud’s fighter render which is not even original FF7 artwork. What about Black Mage, Chocobo, Noctis, Moogle, Terra, Tifa, Barret, Bartz, Lightning, and other FF protagonists? None. Sephiroth Mii costume and his track can be there to slightly add more FF representation.
I feel like additional SE music would be great. But I think if Sakurai were to provide an additional Mii Costume, he would go with Crono in a heartbeat. I think that as a Mii costume alone would make a ton of people happy. If you include the theorized Mallow/Chocobo/Smithy costumes, that would leave A Brawler, A Hat, Two Mii Sword costumes and potentially one Gunner costume with Geno's returning costume.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
I feel like additional SE music would be great. But I think if Sakurai were to provide an additional Mii Costume, he would go with Crono in a heartbeat. I think that as a Mii costume alone would make a ton of people happy. If you include the theorized Mallow/Chocobo/Smithy costumes, that would leave A Brawler, A Hat, Two Mii Sword costumes and potentially one Gunner costume with Geno's returning costume.
Every time I hear or read the word "Crono" I remember how much I love
Corridors of Time.
Like really, good track from the game.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Is the user who I think it is? PM me to give me your response please. I don't want to spread any drama or brawl in this thread.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Please guys... just calm down a bit with all this fatman stuff.
I'm sorry, but you're barking up the wrong tree with that one. We're not the ones calling fatman's posts legitimate leaks, and we're not the ones taking it outside the thread. You can blame laxchris and his "NEW CREDIBLE LEAKER" lingo for that. I don't think that it's fair to throw blame at us when other people go full brainlet and can't interpret increasingly more crystal clear statements. And it's certainly not us that refuse to let it die and keep kicking the hornets nest. You got beef? Keep it to PMs. We aren't the unwashed masses in need of saving here. It's ****ing video games. Take 20 cc's of chill and call me in the morning

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
I was pretty excited to see a couple new pages on the Geno thread, only to discover that instead of being a chill, respectful thread of speculation, we've got people who, with brains, believe that is in their best interest to threaten Fatmanonice, who is a fellow human being using the internet, over posts on Smashboards where we should be free to have fun and discuss/speculate?

If the dox blackmailer is reading this, I need you and whoever else may be affiliated to stand up to yourselves and please, please rethink your morals. These actions can have serious consequences, these are words, on the internet. Nowhere is it posted that you have to take any of these words, even mine, as law.

And to everyone, hope you're all doing well on this fine day before New Year's Eve. <3

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Wasabi and Virgin Mobile generally tend to provide more certain claims. like saying #5 definitely isn't geno or doomguy. That is what I consider a leak (an infuriatingly obtuse one, but a leak nonetheless) I consider Sabra and Virginia leakers because the majority of their info trends towards this. Where fatman is different for me, is I consider his statements to be far less absolute. For instance, his people speculate that #5 will be a western character. This is fine and great for steering speculation, but ultimately nobody really knows what #5 will be. It could still be an eastern character depending on the solidity of the rumors provided. The difference here is as simple as the difference between definitely and maybe.
I guess that just seems like giving those people more credit than I generally have in the past. Like, yes, they've come out to directly say "X is in" before, but a lot of what they said was similarly vague in nature where it never seem to be more than a maybe (see the great disconfirmation of 2019 for further proof of why I say they weren't exactly known for committing to stuff either). I never considered much of anything they said as more than rumors either because they didn't exactly have anything to back them up in their assessments beyond the same ethereal sources that we can't really do much with. I don't see "Not Bandai-Namco" as that far removed from say "5 is a western character" or really at all to be honest. They're both statements designed to limit the options for that next fighter and are mostly vague statements that don't necessarily get us that much closer to the truth, and are based upon statements that are not guaranteed to be factual in nature since they're statements given by a unknown source (to the public). I'm just clearly not seeing the difference here from a practical angle the same way you are.

And again, this may come down to the fact I have always treated "leakers" from a starting point of "maybe" and not given them any more credit beyond that (you know, besides the type of claim that takes absolutely no guts to call like Terry after Nintendo ****ed up that copyright). I'm just genuinely surprised people differentiate these things that much when I've pretty much lumped all people citing sources I can't verify and are unknown to the public as maybes regardless of speculation and reputation (and again, I got pretty hard beat over the head for calling Sabi out on a lot of stuff some time ago, so this is pretty consistent with how I operate in regards to leak culture).

I also don't endorse any efforts for people to use my commentaries/criticisms to dog pile on Fatmanonice and certainly not to dox him like some sort of completely irresponsible edgy child. I get it, people might see my comments as some sort of opening, but that's not something I can condone and that's never been my point in my posts nor have I ever condoned any sort of raid on this thread and never will. Yes, I can be dry, long winded, and analytical to a fault (yeah I did jump on the **** post of speculation earlier that Fatmanonice did when I really shouldn't have and was skimming more than I should have been), but I do want to make this abundantly clear.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
One solution I would like to propose is to ban this "leak talk" for the time being in this place for maybe until another major source comes out saying something or a direct gets announced, which shouldn't be too much longer if a moderator or something is reading this post. It seems like a decent way to prevent all this drama. This whole fatman debacle just seems to be causing not only issues of some types of harassment towards you guys / fattie but also issues in the overall community and even is leading to the resentment of geno from decent amounts of people because of how annoying this situation is.

please just talk about geno and stop with the Fatman leaks for like at least a week pleaaasseeeee, this is way too much
Or, better yet, instead of censoring the words of one specific user, we can collectively decide to start treating rumors as, well, rumors and not as absolute leaks. If we're all so tired of leakers and insiders driving discussion, the easy solution would be to just stop talking about them. Believe me, I'm tired of Smash speculators worshiping leakers as well, and I generally don't believe what any alleged leaker has to say unless they have some damn good evidence to back it up. But you know what I do? I don't discuss them. That's it. And if we all did that, we wouldn't be where we are now. But no, people don't want to do that. For as much as people say they're "done" believing leaks and talking about leakers, every time a prominent "leaker" or "insider" opens their mouth, we all end up at the exact same place: at the rumor mill, discussing the next big "leak".
And this goes out to all the people who are sick of "leak talk", not just you: if you really are tired of discussing leakers who you believe have no credibility, put some action to those words and stop discussing them. At the end of the day, WE made this happen, and it's up to US to change it.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Why do some people want to shut down the Geno thread, we didn't do anything to them

Also thanks Franco Geno Franco Geno for including me in the meme band
It seems to be a mix of not understanding why the character is popular (or more popular than their favourites), feeling like his fandom believes his chances are higher than they actually are, and wanting to feel important by causing trouble or getting long-running threads closed. (at least, that's the impression that I get from reading the sort of sites where these people are coming from)

Also, (this goes out to the thread in general, not you, OffBi), there's no point in discussing banned users or trying to set up a witch hunt. It might be best to avoid the "leak" discussion (or "speculation based on insider sources" discussion - I know it's not meant to be a leak, but when it's put in terms like that, it comes across that way) for a few days and let this situation calm down. The last thing that anyone wants is for this to escalate even further than it already has.

JoshuaOfMew772

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry, but you're barking up the wrong tree with that one. We're not the ones calling fatman's posts legitimate leaks, and we're not the ones taking it outside the thread. You can blame laxchris and his "NEW CREDIBLE LEAKER" lingo for that. I don't think that it's fair to throw blame at us when other people go full brainlet and can't interpret increasingly more crystal clear statements. And it's certainly not us that refuse to let it die and keep kicking the hornets nest. You got beef? Keep it to PMs. We aren't the unwashed masses in need of saving here. It's ****ing video games. Take 20 cc's of chill and call me in the morning
At this point, the entire fatman ordeal is primarily being cultivated from here and is not only spreading to other boards, but also websites. I am chill, Im not the one who needs to use cursing to address someone elses point. I just want the spread of all this stuff to just stop. This should be a board about discussing Geno, but because of a certain user, its causing yall to have others from different locations to come and start "harassing" yall, even leading to this doxxing. I think this thread needs to just clear out with leaks as a whole because its affecting a decent amount of the speculative community. If yall wanna keep acting like you're saints in this situation, then so be it, even though yall dont have bad intentions, the fact is that all of this stuff is starting and primarily spreading due to this thread. it doesn't mean yall have bad intentions but one must wonder if this drama didn't start in this thread, would it exist at all. I feel a ban on discussing leaks for like at least a week to clear the thread so it doesnt have to get shut down for YALL is at least a solid idea because itll help everyone. Im not fully throwing the blame at yall but it is cultivating from this thread and I want yall to at least be a bit aware. Thisll be my last post on here because I dont have time for this, I just want yall to take a step back and at least chill on discussing his "leaks" for at least a little bit because its primarily causing users from other areas to flock here and harass yall and its also affecting others who arent here. Its affecting a lot of peoples views on this community as a whole eventho yall arent the major causers of it and its also affecting the perception of your character in some places.

The moderators have said it before and I feel that yall should realize, just discuss Geno like this thread should be utilized for
~fin :3

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It seems to be a mix of not understanding why the character is popular (or more popular than their favourites), feeling like his fandom believes his chances are higher than they actually are, and wanting to feel important by causing trouble or getting long-running threads closed. (at least, that's the impression that I get from reading the sort of sites where these people are coming from)

Also, (this goes out to the thread in general, not you, OffBi), there's no point in discussing banned users or trying to set up a witch hunt. It might be best to avoid the "leak" discussion (or "speculation based on insider sources" discussion - I know it's not meant to be a leak, but when it's put in terms like that, it comes across that way) for a few days and let this situation calm down. The last thing that anyone wants is for this to escalate even further than it already has.
I know one thing: locking the thread again isn't the solution. I'm not saying you're saying that, but it would be a bad idea because it would make things even worse.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Let's just try to get back on topic. So, what Mii costumes do you guys think will probably come with Geno aside from possibly Chocobo, Mallow and Smithy?
Sephiroth and Crono would be cool. A 2B Costume could work if they give the costume some black modesty shorts under the skirt.

I mean, that's a different semantics issue to the one I've brought up here. Your is the issue with how Smash uses the term "leaks" and "leakers" across the past year interchangeably with rumors, which is honestly a fair issue to bring up, but not what I've really been discussing today.
Gonna stop you there. It's actually very relevant whether or not what Fatman is doing constitutes a leak or not. Your claim is that Fatman is leaking information whilst calling it all speculation. The definition of a leak is vital in determining whether or not your claim is true.
"Leaking" in the context of Smash means bringing up statements sources have said that are considered "insiders."
Not true. According to SmashWiki, the definition of a Leak is as follows:
"A leak is a revelation of information about a game that has been released prematurely, especially without prior permission to release such information."
Thus, a "Leaker" would be an individual who reveals infomation about a game that has been released prematurely, especially without prior permission to release such information. If the information you are discussing cannot be conclusively proven to be true, then it is not a leak, it is a rumor, and you are not a leaker, you are merely discussing rumors, ie. a speculator.
Vergeben and Sabi are commonly accepted as "leakers" and that's the terminology we use in the Smash community to describe those types of people. Vergeben and Sabi weren't always certain about things they leaked (They both liked to pretend like they were, but they mixed tons of speculation in and came to uncertain conclusions based upon limited information quite frequently and were also hesitant to commit, just look at the 99% positive it's Banjo and so on). I just don't get why that's suddenly an issue to call people who do that "leakers" when its the commonly accepted nomenclature the community has been using for some time.

I don't get the hesitancy to embrace the terminology at this point...
Because your idea of what a leaker is does not reflect the reality of what a leaker actually is. You are saying that because Fatman is discussing insider information that he is a leaker, but if that were true then you would also have to call the likes of PapaGenos, IAmShifty, LaxChris, and BlockContent as leakers as well, since they also have recieved and discussed information that they claim is from insider sources that no one else has, and I know you wouldn't consider LaxChris a leaker.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
So regarding Geno, if he was a fighter, what kind of pose would they give him for his CSS render? That alone would be exciting to see a 3D model of him for the fist time in 25 years. I remember being excited for Mega Man's Smash 4 render since it was the first time I recall ever seeing him with that style.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So regarding Geno, if he was a fighter, what kind of pose would they give him for his CSS render? That alone would be exciting to see a 3D model of him for the fist time in 25 years. I remember being excited for Mega Man's Smash 4 render since it was the first time I recall ever seeing him with that style.
Good question. Maybe he would have his arms crossed kinda like his victory pose, and not looking towards the screen, but overall tilted to his right some while his eyes are kinda looking at the screen/player, if you know what I mean.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Well, I imagine it would be a bit dynamic in some way, like most renders. Not sure how though.

D

Deleted member

That's honestly a good question, ngl.

Maybe Geno doing some Batman kind pose with his cape?

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
T POSING!
The one that Silva used on KfADT. I think he "floating" while shotting would look cool.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
At this point, the entire fatman ordeal is primarily being cultivated from here and is not only spreading to other boards, but also websites. I am chill, Im not the one who needs to use cursing to address someone elses point. I just want the spread of all this stuff to just stop. This should be a board about discussing Geno, but because of a certain user, its causing yall to have others from different locations to come and start "harassing" yall, even leading to this doxxing. I think this thread needs to just clear out with leaks as a whole because its affecting a decent amount of the speculative community. If yall wanna keep acting like you're saints in this situation, then so be it, even though yall dont have bad intentions, the fact is that all of this stuff is starting and primarily spreading due to this thread. I feel a ban on discussing leaks for like at least a week to clear the thread so it doesnt have to get shut down for YALL is at least a solid idea because itll help everyone. Im not fully throwing the blame at yall but it is cultivating from this thread and I want yall to at least be a bit aware. Thisll be my last post on here because I dont have time for this, I just want yall to take a step back and at least chill on discussing his "leaks" for at least a little bit because its primarily causing users from other areas to flock here and harass yall and its also affecting others who arent here. Its affecting a lot of peoples views on this community as a whole eventho yall arent the major causers of it and its also affecting the perception of your character in some places.

~fin
Seriously? I may basically be the grumpy old uncle that the family begrudgingly tolerates (and a few people would probably prefer I didn't show up to the holiday dinners), but come the **** on people. There's no justifying doxxing, there's no justifying people who literally come in here just to harass the thread or the users, and making it from a one day old account that has five posts all here with a Hero main as the only related character on the profile will always come off as terrible when there's already drama afoot. I'd usually just report this and move on, but if you think you're appearing to be in good faith, you're not in the least bit and there's not really a point in making an account just to come here with that.

Gonna stop you there. It's actually very relevant whether or not what Fatman is doing constitutes a leak or not. Your claim is that Fatman is leaking information whilst calling it all speculation. The definition of a leak is vital in determining whether or not your claim is true.

Not true. According to SmashWiki, the definition of a Leak is as follows:
"A leak is a revelation of information about a game that has been released prematurely, especially without prior permission to release such information."
Thus, a "Leaker" would be an individual who reveals infomation about a game that has been released prematurely, especially without prior permission to release such information. If the information you are discussing cannot be conclusively proven to be true, then it is not a leak, it is a rumor, and you are not a leaker, you are merely discussing rumors, ie. a speculator.

Because your idea of what a leaker is does not reflect the reality of what a leaker actually is. You are saying that because Fatman is discussing insider information that he is a leaker, but if that were true then you would also have to call the likes of PapaGenos, IAmShifty, LaxChris, and BlockContent as leakers as well, since they also have recieved and discussed information that they claim is from insider sources that no one else has, and I know you wouldn't consider LaxChris a leaker.
I do call those people "leakers" except for LaxChris who has yet to really provide anything outside of his clickbait videos that he mass produces. But Genos and Shifty have both claimed information at different points that would typically classify them as a "leaker." And again, people have referenced these people under the terminology of "leaks" in the past across the community. I don't classify them any differently than Vergeben or Sabi in that regard. It's a consistency thing. They're all bringing in some unknown and unverifiable piece of information to the table that is not public knowledge prior to their posting on the matter. "Leaker" has just been the more commonly accepted terminology for all of them in Smash circles for some time now even if the definition on the Smash wiki does not reflect that. You're now moving into a full blown semantics issue with the community at this point, which is fair in its own way I've said before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom