• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Food for thought about how they could do a triple reveal in a reasonable way:

-Five absolutely presented in the Direct. No question.

-Six revealed without a CGI trailer either in the Direct or during 5's showcase.

-Seven revealed at the tail end of 5's showcase either with a teaser or a full on trailer.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

-Six revealed without a CGI trailer either in the Direct or during 5's showcase.

-Seven revealed at the tail end of 5's showcase either with a teaser or a full on trailer.
My dream reveal for the 6th fighter is for a quick CGI showcase of the fighter pass characters battling it out before panning over to the next fighter joining their fight, but that is super unlikely to happen. Maybe for the 5th fighter, but that depends on the character.

Edit:
Also, I imagine it would have an amount of legal navigating that would be unnecessary for such a trailer.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
With the problem I have had with using Wayback to find past versions of the sites, I can't seem to find anything that could tell us about past Smash Bros. Ultimate updates. Sorry.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
With the problem I have had with using Wayback to find past versions of the sites, I can't seem to find anything that could tell us about past Smash Bros. Ultimate updates. Sorry.
Its all good! I actually didn't realize it was somewhat a simple thing to use (free). I saw the problem you had and it is interesting. I guess they wipe it 100% after the update is done.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Its all good! I actually didn't realize it was somewhat a simple thing to use (free). I saw the problem you had and it is interesting. I guess they wipe it 100% after the update is done.
Perhaps so. If not, I wonder why the actual snapshots were not shown?

AugustusB

Smash Champion

This works for a Smash Direct beautifully. Lets say they do this and we get blown away by the sheer awesomeness of it...when would we hear about the fighter's after 7? Perhaps E3? Especially if we get Fighter 5 on the day, Fighter 6 (bonus) within a month and Fighter 7 down the line around April or so.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
"Fatman, YOU GOON, how could they do a triple reveal?"

Well, like I established, they could do some in the Direct and some for 5's showcase that, like Banjo, would probably be immediately afterwards. As others have pointed out, Amiibos releases and character releases are one of the most consistent patterns we have so it heavily suggests a shadow drop. Well, poo, the Fighter's Pass is done...But wait, there's more! They'd probably want to immediately show off the first character of Season 2 but, per rumors, if 6 is supposedly a bonus character/pack, that then makes 7 the start of Season 2.

What makes me think 6 would be shown after 5? Well, precedent of course! After Ken and Inceniroar were shown off, then came Plant, the in-between of the base roster and Season 1. The Fighter's Pass was then announced but with no characters BUT Nintendo already announced Season 2 back in September, meaning there's no need to repeat that it exists and to just go ahead and announce the start of Season 2! This is particularly on to note because the decision to have Joker shown at the VGAs was supposedly decided really late, if I recall correctly, as late as October 2018. This potentially establishes that Joker COULD have been announced in the November Direct but they held it off for the sheer promotional value of metaphorically surprise assblasting everyone at the VGAs. Again, this precedent no longer exists.

Another thing to consider is that, following past precedent, the first Season 2 character would be released by E3, ergo, they would need to be announced and released before then. Plant was announced in November and released in February, right on the nose. Joker was announced in December and released in April. What does this suggest? Perhaps it suggests 6 being released in February and 7 in April. Nintendo has already announced that another Splatoon 2 update was coming in April so it seems like a good fit, especially if another Amiibo wave is announced for that time frame. In that sense, it would simply be repeating the schedule of last year, likely setting things up for a double reveal in E3 and then reveals in the fall and winter respectively.

Here's an outlook of that hypothetical schedule:

January (5) (Direct, 5, 6, and 7 announced) -February (6) - April (7) - E3 2020 (8 and 9 announced) -July (8)- September (9) - September or October Direct (10 announced)- November (10) - VGA/December/January Direct (11)- January/February 2021 (11).

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
Y’know, we talk about how great Super Mario RPG is a lot in this thread. So now, let’s make things a little more interesting.

If Nintendo and Square Enix decided to remake SMRPG, what is something you would want them to fix/improve/remove/etc.?

For me, it might have to be improving your inventory space. Either let me stack the items or just make my inventory infinite dang it!
Ovaltine (bless her soul) and I were briefly talking about this the other day - and this probably fits more into additions rather than amendments - but perhaps there’s an opportunity to take some inspiration from the later Mario RPG series and have team based skills, both in battle and on the overworld. Probably limited to pairs except for two groups of 3 in battle (Mario/Mallow/Geno and Mario/Bowser/Peach I would imagine)

Guys, I've got a hot and steamy leak for you all (because everything I say is a leak, right?) from the official Nintendo website. Let's speculate!

View attachment 255001
When was Splatoon 2’s update scheduled?
Admittedly the broadness of the maintenance suggests more than a single game

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
Re above two posts - alrighty, again as I said tho having whole network maintenance with only one known update doesn’t really make all that much sense. Don’t know if we can say with certainty Smash is bundled in the potential updates.

There were even rumors saying Sakurai had planned Ness' voice actor to voice Geno in Brawl.
NGL Makiko Ohmoto would be a strange casting choice for Geno when we kinda know he’s got the cool male identifier in his Japanese text (boku) and Ohmoto-san as far as I remember is more associated with very young males (Ness / Kirby) or reasonably high pitched females (Lyndis and I think Viridi?). not to mention everyone else imagines him with a clearly male actor cast voice

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
"Fatman, YOU GOON, how could they do a triple reveal?"

Well, like I established, they could do some in the Direct and some for 5's showcase that, like Banjo, would probably be immediately afterwards. As others have pointed out, Amiibos releases and character releases are one of the most consistent patterns we have so it heavily suggests a shadow drop. Well, poo, the Fighter's Pass is done...But wait, there's more! They'd probably want to immediately show off the first character of Season 2 but, per rumors, if 6 is supposedly a bonus character/pack, that then makes 7 the start of Season 2.

What makes me think 6 would be shown after 5? Well, precedent of course! After Ken and Inceniroar were shown off, then came Plant, the in-between of the base roster and Season 1. The Fighter's Pass was then announced but with no characters BUT Nintendo already announced Season 2 back in September, meaning there's no need to repeat that it exists and to just go ahead and announce the start of Season 2! This is particularly on to note because the decision to have Joker shown at the VGAs was supposedly decided really late, if I recall correctly, as late as October 2018. This potentially establishes that Joker COULD have been announced in the November Direct but they held it off for the sheer promotional value of metaphorically surprise assblasting everyone at the VGAs. Again, this precedent no longer exists.

Another thing to consider is that, following past precedent, the first Season 2 character would be released by E3, ergo, they would need to be announced and released before then. Plant was announced in November and released in February, right on the nose. Joker was announced in December and released in April. What does this suggest? Perhaps it suggests 6 being released in February and 7 in April. Nintendo has already announced that another Splatoon 2 update was coming in April so it seems like a good fit, especially if another Amiibo wave is announced for that time frame. In that sense, it would simply be repeating the schedule of last year, likely setting things up for a double reveal in E3 and then reveals in the fall and winter respectively.

Here's an outlook of that hypothetical schedule:

January (5) (Direct, 5, 6, and 7 announced) -February (6) - April (7) - E3 2020 (8 and 9 announced) -July (8)- September (9) - September or October Direct (10 announced)- November (10) - VGA/December/January Direct (11)- January/February 2021 (11).
Or Joker could have been revealed in the February Direct for all we know. There's no guarantee a no-TGA reveal scenario would have seen him be revealed in the November Direct since they would have had to get more of him ready for an ideal announcement anyway. I don't really see an argument for precedent here, especially when Nintendo/Sakurai have consistently shown that they have no issue showing off one character at a time as they're available. Sure, they showed off Piranha Plant as that early purchase bonus alongside Ken and Incineroar, but we also knew about only Joker from January 30, 2019 to June 11, 2019 when they revealed Hero and Banjo & Kazooie. And Terry's release to the present moment also speaks for itself. I'm not sure there's enough consistency here for precedent, let alone discussing the issue of why base game to DLC might be a bigger transition Nintendo/Sakurai wanted to hone in on versus wave 1 of DLC to wave 2 of DLC.

A triple reveal just sounds like way too much like the fan's dream of Smash reveals. I wouldn't even be surprised if we just heard about the next fighter and that was it at a potential general or mini Direct in January to be honest, and at best I can really only see the double reveal because 3 characters before E3, again, sounds like a bit off for Nintendo's handling of such things.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, whether or not the update is Smash or Direct related, Smash news has to happen sometime in January, before February, don't ya all think?

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
Well, whether or not the update is Smash or Direct related, Smash news has to happen sometime in January, before February, don't ya all think?
Assuming amiibo releases suggesting proximity to Smash news (or specifically DLC releases) continues, then yes January sounds much more likely at this rate.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Re above two posts - alrighty, again as I said tho having whole network maintenance with only one known update doesn’t really make all that much sense. Don’t know if we can say with certainty Smash is bundled in the potential updates.

NGL Makiko Ohmoto would be a strange casting choice for Geno when we kinda know he’s got the cool male identifier in his Japanese text (boku) and Ohmoto-san as far as I remember is more associated with very young males (Ness / Kirby) or reasonably high pitched females (Lyndis and I think Viridi?). not to mention everyone else imagines him with a clearly male actor cast voice
Geno, Kirby, Ness, Sans, Lyn, Viridi, and Patrick are all the same person?

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I talked about something like this a while ago but i was wondering if any of you fellow Genobros plays any instrument? it would be nice to have some covers around here
PicsArt_12-30-01.19.34.png

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
January... 6th... :idea:

Oh yeah, it's all coming together

Remember last September (2018) where dataminers leaked the dates for a Splatoon update twice (before and post earthquake) and they both coincided with Directs?

Yeah, it is definitely going to be around that date. If we are lucky, maybe we could even be getting it on Thursday (1/2) later this week.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I talked about something like this a while ago but i was wondering if any of you fellow Genobros plays any instrument? it would be nice to have some covers around here
Finding that spark, friend! Also, since others are sharing, I sing. I am a Baritone and haven't sung in 2 years.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Piano and Alto sax when I was younger. Now I play the concertina but I'm self taught so I'm not super great.
That's cool, learning how to play an instrument by yourself can be challenging so i feel you. to be honest i'm in the middle of buying an electric guitar or a set of drums

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
View attachment 255025
Back in middle school I played the clarinet, I also have attempted to learn the guitar at one point but I wouldn’t say I was very good

link2702

Smash Champion
jack of all trades here with instruments.

....Master of none.

from most skilled to least; Piano, viola, guitar, violin.

just for lolz cuz i liked the sound, but can't play worth a crap; Ocarina(we all know why) native american flute, fife, some random side blown wooden flute I got in a vietnam music store for a souvenir .

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Kind of like how Banjo’s reveal was a rehash if K. Rool’s, how would you feel if Geno’s reveal was actually a rehash of Rosalina’s in SM4SH, maybe replacing Rosalina with Geno and having Rosalina instead be one of the kart racers?

link2702

Smash Champion
So least whatever the reveal is ill Be home.

So if by some miracle it’s geno ill be able to scream and cry tears of joy without embarrassing myself in public.

D

Deleted member

Potential Nintendo Direct on the 6th or 8 sounds reasonable as I do expect January or February to be when we get news hoping January.

Guess we'll see.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Potential Nintendo Direct on the 6th or 8 sounds reasonable as I do expect January or February to be when we get news hoping January.

Guess we'll see.
All the pieces are lining up, and assuming all these coincidences are pointing towards a Direct of some kind net week?

Think about that, the Direct could very week be next week.

One week away.

And no matter what happens or how the dominoes fall, in one week we can finally put all this FP5 speculation to bed, and if we get 6 and/or 7 and/or more on top? All the better for us to have some sort of definitive basis of what we’re can expect moving forward.

One week guys, just one week, and we shall see rain, and this drought shall be temporarily ended. Here’s to hoping we do see 6 and/or 7, and that one of them is Geno. But if not, is alright too.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
If we are getting a Nintendo direct, we are probably only getting one character reveal.

A Smash Direct, then we have a chance to see two reveals.

But you will never convince me that we are getting three character reveals. There is no logical time line that this would be feasibly possible. Sakurai has already been on record stating he believed he revealed too much at once with August's direct so he probably will not push for three characters in one day. That seems counter productive on his part.

I have no opinion on who it could possibly be. But let's start using a bit more reasonable on what we might realistically get.

Last edited:

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 255025
I’m a classically trained pianist. Aside from Piano, I do play Guitar, Bass Guitar, a little of violin, and the Drums. I do sing at times. I’ve played covers but I mainly compose

Mega_Mario_Man

Smash Cadet

*saxophone Geno*
I used to play trombone in middle school, but I haven't done so in years

Also, nice saxophone Geno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom