• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
To be fair, "go to hell" is hardly the most extreme thing you could say and I'm fairly certain Sabi receives insults like that on a daily basis through their social media accounts.
Okay, maybe only a bit extreme, or just,,,hardly extreme...

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Well can't say I'm caught up to the thread but I did see Fatman's post. Can't say I'm surprised. This is one of the reasons why I don't put stock into leaks/leakers. It was fun watching the speculation landscape change with all the disconfirmations but I'd rather the speculation have just been natural and certainly not involved anyone losing their jobs or being taken advantage of and treated disrespectfully. I'd advise us to just distance ourself from the drama and focus on our star boy and this amazing game that have both helped to shape this amazing community. This community is seriously amazing and I look forward to joining the conversations here even though I feel like I'm always missing something because I can't keep up. I really appreciate all of you here and think you're all cool people even if we don't always agree about things.

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I have a lot of respect for you. I appreciate you trying to do the right thing. I do think that you are seen as kind of a leader here and I just want you to know that you compose yourself properly and treat people respectfully and we are glad to have you here.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’m going to drop this here: Please don’t import drama from un-related sites that could potentially cause issues for this thread and for Smashboards. It’s understandable that tensions and emotions are high but that’s not an excuse to turn this thread into a vehicle to destroy whatever you think needs to be destroyed. I don’t think the thread is up that level but please don’t resort to using this thread for that purpose. This isn’t what Smashboards and, by extension, this thread is for. Please keep in mind that this thread is subject to the TOS and Global Rules and any behavior that goes against the rules will be subjected to disciplinary action. I also want to mention that, while the Smashboards staff is happy to help and assist those on the site or affiliated social media platforms (Discord, FB, Twitter), we have no responsibility or connection for content outside of these entities. With that in mind, if you choose to take actions that could lead into trouble outside of Smashboards, we are unable to help you. . I do want to thank Fatmanonice for opening up to the thread and providing some much needed closure to the group.

With that being said, please enjoy speculating and talking about Geno. I truly think he deserves to be in the roster and would make a great addition.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Well I for one hope this means fp5 is totally reset. There's a lot of good speculation going around and hearing the gamexplain guys back geno as 5 to some degree is really uplifting even if extremely unlikely in my eyes. I guess we got our wish on thing getting interesting in the lead up to the reveal be careful for what you wish for I guess.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I’m going to drop this here: Please don’t import drama from un-related sites that could potentially cause issues for this thread and for Smashboards. It’s understandable that tensions and emotions are high but that’s not an excuse to turn this thread into a vehicle to destroy whatever you think needs to be destroyed. This isn’t what Smashboards and, by extension, this thread is for. Please keep in mind that this thread is subject to the TOS and Global Rules and any behavior that goes against the rules will be subjected to disciplinary action. I also want to mention that, while the Smashboards staff is happy to help and assist those on the site or affiliated social media platforms (Discord, FB, Twitter), we have no responsibility or connection for content outside of these entities. With that in mind, if you choose to take actions that could lead into trouble outside of Smashboards, we are unable to help you.

With that being said, please enjoy speculating and talking about Geno.
Gotcha. I shall drop it now.

Griselda

Smash Lord
You know, my question regarding CacoMallow was never actually answered, as far as I'm aware. It hasn't been perfectly recreated, yes, but people have gotten close - so why is it that for those first several days people were claiming that it was next to impossible to mod such things in to that extent?

Mr. Sakurai

Smash Rookie
In regard to the whole leakers drama: I don’t know what to say, I just came here to speculation about Geno. The only things I could say is: wow

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
I’m going to drop this here: Please don’t import drama from un-related sites that could potentially cause issues for this thread and for Smashboards. It’s understandable that tensions and emotions are high but that’s not an excuse to turn this thread into a vehicle to destroy whatever you think needs to be destroyed. I don’t think the thread is up that level but please don’t resort to using this thread for that purpose. This isn’t what Smashboards and, by extension, this thread is for. I do want to thank Fatmanonice for opening up to the thread and providing some much needed closure to the group. Please keep in mind that this thread is subject to the TOS and Global Rules and any behavior that goes against the rules will be subjected to disciplinary action. I also want to mention that, while the Smashboards staff is happy to help and assist those on the site or affiliated social media platforms (Discord, FB, Twitter), we have no responsibility or connection for content outside of these entities. With that in mind, if you choose to take actions that could lead into trouble outside of Smashboards, we are unable to help you.

Mallow :D

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Censor dodging
From what I can tell people are confused on what exactly caused you to decide to call them out like this/what all she did wrong and if there will be consequences for her actions. If Possible care to answer?
Allow me to provide one example of many. In Missouri, we call this a warning shot:

(mod edit: spoiler-tagged due to size and crude language)

Screenshot_20191128-234313.png

Screenshot_20191128-234322.png

Screenshot_20191128-234331.png
Screenshot_20191128-234339.png

Last edited by a moderator:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Okay, so I just got out of watching Promare in the theater and see all of this going on.

It almost feels fitting. The Geno threads burning passion will never go out, no matter the drama!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Allow me to provide one example of many. In Missouri, we call this a warning shot:

View attachment 251299
View attachment 251301
View attachment 251303View attachment 251312
Uh, Fatman?

I’m going to drop this here: Please don’t import drama from un-related sites that could potentially cause issues for this thread and for Smashboards. It’s understandable that tensions and emotions are high but that’s not an excuse to turn this thread into a vehicle to destroy whatever you think needs to be destroyed. I don’t think the thread is up that level but please don’t resort to using this thread for that purpose. This isn’t what Smashboards and, by extension, this thread is for. Please keep in mind that this thread is subject to the TOS and Global Rules and any behavior that goes against the rules will be subjected to disciplinary action. I also want to mention that, while the Smashboards staff is happy to help and assist those on the site or affiliated social media platforms (Discord, FB, Twitter), we have no responsibility or connection for content outside of these entities. With that in mind, if you choose to take actions that could lead into trouble outside of Smashboards, we are unable to help you. . I do want to thank Fatmanonice for opening up to the thread and providing some much needed closure to the group.

You may have made that post before this, but still.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Did something happen? Someone want to give me the tl;dr?

AugustusB

Smash Champion
You know, my question regarding CacoMallow was never actually answered, as far as I'm aware. It hasn't been perfectly recreated, yes, but people have gotten close - so why is it that for those first several days people were claiming that it was next to impossible to mod such things in to that extent?
Allow me. It has to do with compressing the file size. Apparently, their is little wiggle room to recreate a perfect replica without cracking the file limit code.

So even though they can make it, the quality of the hats are not up to snuff compared to the official ones.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I will always trust you above anyone in the Smash community. You're truly a awesome dude.

Oh nothing, it's just that Sabi is about to leave the Smash scene altogether, and he has cost a bunch of people jobs, and he hasn't really had any real info in awhile. In translation: Sabi's a *******.

Last edited:

Nicnac

Smash Ace
No idea, my best guess is that the modders who felt it was fake redoubled their efforts and did break through knowing that either it's fake or possible. Hat Ken leak is the first recorded instance of this if it's modded, which is certainly impressive if it's fake.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Tl dr Glitch is making a huge project where he is turning all of our icons into stock icons with a ultimate roster template
And Sabi is a terrible person, blackmailed and made people lose their jobs and is thankfully leaving the community soon

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice
'nervously looks at mods watching from the balcony'

friend, comrade, buddy, This is really not a good time. I don't mind you doing this but please lets not put it on the thread we are on thin ice right now and I don't want to get locked again.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I figured the mods would show up soon enough. Let us make sure all of this is done the right way, whatever that may be. We don't want to cause unnecessary pain.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm done and, like everyone else has said, it's best to move past this. This past year has been the most toxic in my 15 years here and I'm embarrassed that I didn't exactly help the situation. Talking about rumors and all this but if I was half aware of this stuff when I "signed up" last November, I never would have participated. My mom has always said that I'm honest to a fault and I wanted to make it abundantly clear where I stand on all of this. Like I said in the screenshots, I'm fairly expendable in the grand scheme of things and it was time to say something for the good of the community.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice
'nervously looks at mods watching from the balcony'

friend, comrade, buddy, This is really not a good time. I don't mind you doing this but please lets not put it on the thread we are on thin ice right now and I don't want to get locked again.
The staff isn’t trying to stifle discussion as this topic is very important to the Geno community. Just trying to find a way to use this energy in a more positive and productive manner for the thread that doesn’t involve pitchforks and torches.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I'm done and, like everyone else has said, it's best to move past this. This past year has been the most toxic in my 15 years here and I'm embarrassed that I didn't exactly help the situation. Talking about rumors and all this but if I was half aware of this stuff when I "signed up" last November, I never would have participated. My mom has always said that I'm honest to a fault and I wanted to make it abundantly clear where I stand on all of this. Like I said in the screenshots, I'm fairly expendable in the grand scheme of things and it was time to say something for the good of the community.
Is there anywhere off site we can read your report?

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Hello my baby
hello my honey
Hello my puppet gal
Send me a Smash Invitation by wire
Baby, my heart's on fire
If you refuse me, honey, you lose me
And you'll be left alone, oh baby
Telephone, and tell me
Tell me you're on the roster.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
The real trick isn’t the models or even the physics, it’s the textures. Nintendo’s file compression is some of the best in the industry (eternal thanks to Iwata) and Ultimate will crash if a modded Mii Costume’s textures are not the exact correct file size. Even the best mods we saw attempting to recreate the hats never had very high texture quality.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
The staff isn’t trying to stifle discussion as this topic is very important to the Geno community. Just trying to find a way to use this energy in a more positive and productive manner for the thread that doesn’t involve pitchforks and torches.
Even so we've gotten shut down for significantly less in the past, so I'm perfectly justified in my concerns. Thank you for being reasonable about this however.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
To get somewhere back on track, who's your prediction for Fighter 5 (excluding Namco)?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The entirety of Ultimate speculation has been mired in toxic and unbecoming behavior. Brawl and Smash 4 were bad but this easily takes the cake. With that in mind, I wouldn’t let it drag you down cause it’s really, really, really toxic down there. And probably smells bad. I blame Twitter.

D

Deleted member

Ah, can't wait to come back and refresh the Geno thread, who knows what kind of information I may have mis-

Oh...

Nice.

Can't wait for InfernoOmni to snake on in.

That may not change the topic, but it got me thinking, who would want to buy a Geno doll here to collect or keep?
Depends on the quality of the doll, actually. If it's good stuff I'd drop a decent amount on one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom