• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
Earlier on, there was discussion about whether Geno as the toy was some unfortunate widely-produced transmogrifying weapon for all the good little toad kids around the world, but since there isn't an army of Star Road Inhabitants descending with wild abandon upon the Mushroom Kingdom, I think it's likely closer to truth that the toy is really just a one-of-a-kind homemade transmogrifying weapon, meaning that this little toad's mama knows some daaangerous stuff, and the whole stay-at-home thing is just an act.

The real question then becomes why she makin' weapons during a time when weapons are practically raining outta the sky causing distress and turmoil across the entire country. Iiiiiinteresting.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Is there anywhere off site we can read your report?
It's not my report. It's someone else's. A user by the name of Grapevine that I reached out to when he strangely stood up for me seemingly out of nowhere:

Screenshot_20191126-100613.png

Turns out he was the co-founder of Sabi's Discord Server. He originally posted the report to Twitter but quickly took it down because I and several others expressed security concerns for contacts. I have the unedited report but have no intention of posting the full thing, again, because people like Paragon and Krono asked that I showed mercy instead of burying a shovel in Sabi's temple. I respect their stance because they were "cancelled" because of Sabi's actions. I ain't going anywhere. ****... I've been here 15 years and want to be here with you goons when Geno comes back.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
This is probably going to fall on deaf ears since it basically did the last time I brought it up, but now that the Fatman/Sabi/insider drama is basically done can we please keep the thread focused on Geno? A lot of newer folks in the thread have the attitude that it's totally fair to discuss completely unrelated characters in the thread ad nauseum and it's really not. This is the Geno thread. Not the Sora/FNAF/Waluigi/whoever thread. One thing is discussing those characters in relation to Geno but it's another things entirely to have a long succession of posts about completely unrelated characters. This isn't a general newcomer thread and every character that people have been posting about has their own dedicated support/speculation thread. Hijacking this thread to discuss them just because it happens to be more active and you don't feel welcome to do so in the proper threads is completely beside the point and honestly very annoying to see day in and out as someone who only really cares to discuss the character this thread is dedicated to. One thing is a random post here or there talking about other characters but having multiple mini support conversations for completely unrelated characters day in and out is just too much tbh.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Earlier on, there was discussion about whether Geno as the toy was some unfortunate widely-produced transmogrifying weapon for all the good little toad kids around the world, but since there isn't an army of Star Road Inhabitants descending with wild abandon upon the Mushroom Kingdom, I think it's likely closer to truth that the toy is really just a one-of-a-kind homemade transmogrifying weapon, meaning that this little toad's mama knows some daaangerous stuff, and the whole stay-at-home thing is just an act.

The real question then becomes why she makin' weapons during a time when weapons are practically raining outta the sky causing distress and turmoil across the entire country. Iiiiiinteresting.
Whatever the toy was, it was definitely a weapon before the spirit inhabited it.

KO'd Mario in 1 hit

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well since Sabi is out and Verge as well seems to be losing his credibility, I think everyone is back on the table again for FP5. Nightmare for Smash! Let's go Nightmare, let's go!

Crankshadow

Smash Cadet
As far as I know the cacomallow leak has yet to be owned up to. Proof of concept has been shown but never replicated. My issue with it though is that even if real it doesn’t really mean geno or doom guy are playable other than mii costume definitively. It is nice for speculation but the points don’t guarantee any outcome.

Doom guy especially I have a hard time visualizing a full move set unless master hand gives him a smash a proved arsenal. Huge doom and geno fan so it’s definitely possible , and if anyone could do it sakurai could.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord

always took it as unintentional commentary for just how crazy and unscreened kid's stuff was a very long time ago. Though my theory is it's another mass-produced celebrity like all the other toys he has.

D

Deleted member

It's not my report. It's someone else's. A user by the name of Grapevine that I reached out to when he strangely stood up for me seemingly out of nowhere:

View attachment 251319

Turns out he was the co-founder of Sabi's Discord Server. He originally posted the report to Twitter but quickly took it down because I and several others expressed security concerns for contacts. I have the unedited report but have no intention of posting the full thing, again, because people like Paragon and Krono asked that I showed mercy instead of burying a shovel in Sabi's temple. I respect their stance because they were "cancelled" because of Sabi's actions. I ain't going anywhere. ****... I've been here 15 years and want to be here with you goons when Geno comes back.
So uh...

You heard it through

The Grapevine

yeah.jpg.jpg

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
what happened? I heard some stuff about Sabi and Verge. Has their credibility changed?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
This is probably going to fall on deaf ears since it basically did the last time I brought it up, but now that the Fatman/Sabi/insider drama is basically done can we please keep the thread focused on Geno? A lot of newer folks in the thread have the attitude that it's totally fair to discuss completely unrelated characters in the thread ad nauseum and it's really not. This is the Geno thread. Not the Sora/FNAF/Waluigi/whoever thread. One thing is discussing those characters in relation to Geno but it's another things entirely to have a long succession of posts about completely unrelated characters. This isn't a general newcomer thread and every character that people have been posting about has their own dedicated support/speculation thread. Hijacking this thread to discuss them just because it happens to be more active and you don't feel welcome to do so in the proper threads is completely beside the point and honestly very annoying to see day in and out as someone who only really cares to discuss the character this thread is dedicated to. One thing is a random post here or there talking about other characters but having multiple mini support conversations for completely unrelated characters day in and out is just too much tbh.
Here's the thing, I think the Geno thread has grown to the point where I think it can be counted as a small community in of itself. It's why things like user memes and talks of other characters come so naturally. And while it is a comunity united around our love of Geno, the users and their likes have also taken focus and is cared about, even if it is unrelated to Geno. And I think that's great.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

View attachment 251319

How is it every single time I'm ALWAYS a background NPC when this kind of thing goes down?

NPCInAnActionGame.gif

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
what happened? I heard some stuff about Sabi and Verge. Has their credibility changed?
Sabi has blackmailed and cost people their jobs according to Fatmanonice Fatmanonice and Paragon. Sabi is literally a *******. Oh and Sabi's about to leave the Smash scene. Verge is still here, but is being questioned by GameXplain and they think both Verge and Sabi are full of crap.

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
We must not reach the 2000 page, that's the year where our computers break, the Y2K!

volbound1700

Smash Master
Here's the thing, I think the Geno thread has grown to the point where I think it can be counted as a small community in of itself. It's why things like user memes and talks of other characters come so naturally. And while it is a comunity united around our love of Geno, the users and their likes have also taken focus and is cared about, even if it is unrelated to Geno. And I think that's great.
This happened with the Banjo Thread. Also the people in the General Character Speculation thread are really annoying so this is why other communities are popping up.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
The only part of the whole debacle I really care about is just how much of the info we've been getting since e3 is real and what isn't. The more we can safely disregard from these leakers the better as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
This happened with the Banjo Thread. Also the people in the General Character Speculation thread are really annoying so this is why other communities are popping up.
Yeah, the general character spec is too crowded and too easy for things to get lost in the shuffle. I like these single character threads that branch into different topics because it's sort of cozy; everyone knows your name

Like Cheers!

1575843397768.png

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
If I see another impassioned essay on how a character who isn't Geno deserves to be in Smash in the Geno thread I am going to lose my mind. Enough is enough

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
But the thing is at the end of the day it’s a specific character support thread. It’s great that a community has been built up but that’s not an excuse for being blatantly off-topic a large majority of the time. When people start just simply posting about other characters every time FP5 or the TGAs comes up without even mentioning Geno then that’s off-topic.

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
But the thing is at the end of the day it’s a specific character support thread. It’s great that a community has been built up but that’s not an excuse for being blatantly off-topic a large majority of the time. When people start just simply posting about other characters every time FP5 or the TGAs comes up without even mentioning Geno then that’s off-topic.
That's all fine and good but let me tell you why I think Freddy Fazbear and Sackboy should be in the game

volbound1700

Smash Master
PsychoIncarnate, I remember you from the Brawl days and your Star Craft Eye.

So, the question is who is NOT deconfirmed according to Sabi and Vergeben?

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
If I see another impassioned essay on how a character who isn't Geno deserves to be in Smash in the Geno thread I am going to lose my mind. Enough is enough
Hello guys, today I will tell you why I think Dr. Bowser should get into Smash Ultimate I made a whole PowerPoint and all...

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I wanna second this. I do totally understand the sentiment of wanting the Geno thread to stay about Geno, and I think overall we should primarily discuss our blue puppet boi on here over other topics, but if there’s some other Smash rumors or speculation to discuss I wanna discuss it here cause this is a great community.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Comrades, it's time to move forward. I was always honest about the rumors I heard about Smash through insiders and, to that end, I still strongly believe Geno is coming. That hasn't changed. Again, I promise to go in full detail in my massive essay later. For now, onward!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Would the memes count as well? Not all of those are about Geno.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Comrades, it's time to move forward. I was always honest about the rumors I heard about Smash through insiders and, to that end, I still strongly believe Geno is coming. That hasn't changed. Again, I promise to go in full detail in my massive essay later. For now, onward!

Oh yeah, i hope he comes sooner so i can finally post my meme about it

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Can me, A person(a) who would rather have Sora, still be here even if Im not in for Geno? Because I go to every thread even if I dont want the character just to see others talk about said other character

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I wanna second this. I do totally understand the sentiment of wanting the Geno thread to stay about Geno, and I think overall we should primarily discuss our blue puppet boi on here over other topics, but if there’s some other Smash rumors or speculation to discuss I wanna discuss it here cause this is a great community.
This being a community or whatever shouldn’t be an excuse to be blatantly off-topic though. That’s my point. If people want to discus completely unrelated characters there are threads for that and at the end of the day it’s actually unfair for those of us who only want to discuss Geno and therefore spend most of our time here.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Yeah, the general character spec is too crowded and too easy for things to get lost in the shuffle. I like these single character threads that branch into different topics because it's sort of cozy; everyone knows your name

Like Cheers!

View attachment 251334
I absoultely agree with you guys! I think it's great that the Geno thread has such a sense of community that we can branch into other topics. I can understand why some would be bothered by that, but as I said before, the conversation still tends to come back to Geno, and at the end of the day, we all know we're here because we want or at least support the puppet boi who united us all.

Well said, my friend.

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I absoultely agree with you guys! I think it's great that the Geno thread has such a sense of community that we can branch into other topics. I can understand why some would be bothered by that, but as I said before, the conversation still tends to come back to Geno, and at the end of the day, we all know we're here because we want or at least support the puppet boi who united us all.
Exactly!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
This being a community or whatever shouldn’t be an excuse to be blatantly off-topic though. That’s my point. If people want to discus completely unrelated characters there are threads for that and at the end of the day it’s actually unfair for those of us who only want to discuss Geno and therefore spend most of our time here.
Thats the good thing about fourms, you can have several topics going on all at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom