• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
I'm beyond caring about FP5, I care more about who the next character is after that, be it FP2-1 or just #6. Pass five is not Geno, nor is it likely to be anyone I'm particularly excited for. Will I be mad about their inclusion? Probably not.

Just give me whomever is next so we can move on to the more interesting post-pass phase.

Mr. Sakurai

Smash Rookie
I absoultely agree with you guys! I think it's great that the Geno thread has such a sense of community that we can branch into other topics. I can understand why some would be bothered by that, but as I said before, the conversation still tends to come back to Geno, and at the end of the day, we all know we're here because we want or at least support the puppet boi who united us all.

Well said, my friend.
^^This

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Can me, A person(a) who would rather have Sora, still be here even if Im not in for Geno? Because I go to every thread even if I dont want the character just to see others talk about said other character
If you spend most of your time rooting for Sora and not at all linking it back to Geno then that would at the end of the day I think it’s be fair to call that off-topic and I’d personally just question why not just spend your time in the thread of the character you actually want in. If you actually try to stay on-topic I don’t see why you shouldn’t post here though.

Antho

Smash Apprentice
If no one minds, I'd like to share the time when I thought Geno was in for 4 seconds.
On the day of the November Direct, even after Incineroar was revealed, even when Sakurai said he revealed all of the base game fighters, I still had hope that Geno was in base game, somehow. I did think the Piranha Plant trailer was Geno for a bit as well, and I did get mad at that (Plant is a cool character and it was just mostly in the moment anger), but I also got tricked a second time: The World of Light trailer. I... didn't exactly see Kirby escape from the beam. Nor did I have sound on to hear the Warp Star noises when it was coming down. When I saw that star coming down, I thought it could have actually been Geno. But it was just Kirby.
I doubt anyone else thought Kirby on a Warp Star was Geno, but I sure did. Either way, I still hope for Geno, and he's one of my most wanted characters, so I believe he'll make it in soon.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
besides the general thread being a toxic waste dump I think a major contributing factor to this is that the majority or at least a sizable amount of the regulars here believe that geno is slated for the spring or at least at some point in season 2, so naturally discussion on who fp5 could be is going to revolve around others more than him. Frankly I see fp5 as good opportunity to clear away a major competitor for the next set of slots so it never really bothered me as long as it was in good faith, though I'll happily admit some people have used this stage to plug stuff that really has no business in a geno thread. So before you type up that essay about why x character has a good chance at dlc just redirect it over to it's own thread thank you.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
well. It looks like I didn't come at a good time.......here's a picture of Geno eating pancakes

geno.png

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
I'm beyond caring about FP5, I care more about who the next character is after that, be it FP2-1 or just #6. Pass five is not Geno, nor is it likely to be anyone I'm particularly excited for. Will I be mad about their inclusion? Probably not.

Just give me whomever is next so we can move on to the more interesting post-pass phase.
At this point I just want fp5 to be fun to play. Doomguy is nice though if only cause it makes Geno look better.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Thats the good thing about fourms, you can have several topics going on all at the same time
But when the discussion is centered around completely unrelated characters for pages at a time then it’s objectively off-topic. I don’t understand why this is a controversial point to bring up. If you’re going to be posting on a character specific support thread there should be genuine effort to keep posts focused on the specific character. I feel like I’m taking crazy pills.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
What if the Mallow and Cacodemon leak pointed towards who FP5 is and Sabi was completely wrong? Or the NoA source was wrong about FP5 not being Geno or Doom Slayer if this is real. Either way.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'm going to pitch my take on this whole thing.

I alluded to blackmail not being a surprise to me some time ago for a reason. I've actually seen the entire Sabi report beyond what was posted here, and I'd say what happened with Paragon is easily the least egregious of everything (and that was still terrible, mind, and I feel awful for that man). I can vouch that what I've witnessed, including receipts and names that I will not divulge, really did amount to people literally losing their jobs because of what Sabi did. If others hadn't complied with things Sabi desired, too, there would have been even more jobs lost.

That is as much as I will say, but basically, the crap with Sabi runs far deeper than any stupid leak drama. That kind of shallow stuff is nothing compared to Sabi making several people lose their livelihood. Paragon and other folk have a lot more patience and kindness than I, because if it were up to me or Fatmanonice, so much more dirt would be spilled here. I stress that it isn't just some petty bull**** here. People losing their jobs because of Sabi's actions is not petty bull****.

I was entrusted the report under good faith to keep it to myself, however, and so I shall. However, if people are questioning whether any of this is true, all I can say is that I vouch that it is. Sabi is a horrible person and has destroyed lives over their stupid e-credibility ****show, and I hope they never hurt another person as severely as they did others again.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
But when the discussion is centered around completely unrelated characters for pages at a time then it’s objectively off-topic. I don’t understand why this is a controversial point to bring up. If you’re going to be posting on a character specific support thread there should be genuine effort to keep posts focused on the specific character. I feel like I’m taking crazy pills.
well lucky you that I dont feel like I should say anything in the thread so your geno thread is safe mostly because I dont have anything to say regarding geno, I just like people watching

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace

I alluded to blackmail not being a surprise to me some time ago for a reason. I've actually seen the entire Sabi report beyond what was posted here, and I'd say what happened with Paragon is easily the least egregious of everything (and that was still terrible, mind, and I feel awful for that man). I can vouch that what I've witnessed, including receipts and names that I will not divulge, really did amount to people literally losing their jobs because of what Sabi did. If others hadn't complied with things Sabi desired, too, there would have been even more jobs lost.

That is as much as I will say, but basically, the crap with Sabi runs far deeper than any stupid leak drama. That kind of shallow stuff is nothing compared to Sabi making several people lose their livelihood. Paragon and other folk have a lot more patience and kindness than I, because if it were up to me or Fatmanonice, so much more dirt would be spilled here. I stress that it isn't just some petty bull**** here. People losing their jobs because of Sabi's actions is not petty bull****.

I was entrusted the report under good faith to keep it to myself, however, and so I shall. However, if people are questioning whether any of this is true, all I can say is that I vouch that it is. Sabi is a horrible person and has destroyed lives over their stupid e-credibility ****show, and I hope they never hurt another person as severely as they did others again.
I may not be a part of this community, but I've kept an eye for awhile and you're easily the most wholesome, truly good person on this character thread. For Sabi to have committed the acts they have and you to still hold back takes a lot of integrity, and that's unsurprising coming from you. The community needs to look more towards people like you as figureheads.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I never understood if you were going to become a leaker why you would saddle up with a complete stranger over the internet and not like one of your friends or something. I can't even begin to understand how you would place so much trust in a rando especially when leakers being horrible schemey people is a well known fact.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Are you guys ready for The Game Awards or what?
As ready as I'll ever be. By the way, be sure to VOTE!
The entirety of Ultimate speculation has been mired in toxic and unbecoming behavior. Brawl and Smash 4 were bad but this easily takes the cake. With that in mind, I wouldn’t let it drag you down cause it’s really, really, really toxic down there. And probably smells bad. I blame Twitter.
I still blame Discord.
Whatever the toy was, it was definitely a weapon before the spirit inhabited it.

KO'd Mario in 1 hit
Maybe it was like some sort of advanced as **** Power Rangers toy with "FIST-FIRING ACTION!"? Oh god, now I'm imagining Geno as a character from a Super Sentai TV show...
As far as I know the cacomallow leak has yet to be owned up to. Proof of concept has been shown but never replicated. My issue with it though is that even if real it doesn’t really mean geno or doom guy are playable other than mii costume definitively. It is nice for speculation but the points don’t guarantee any outcome.
The reason I think that, if the CacoMallow post is real, that it means Geno and Doomguy as fighters is because of how ridiculously tone-deaf it'd be to do otherwise. Like, you know that people have wanted Geno as a fighter for years, but rather than including them as such you decided to just repackage an old Mii Costume and throw in a freebie? That makes little sense to me and I hightly doubt Sakurai is the kind of guy to settle given his impeccable track record so far. Man's got SquareEnix to outright push for their heroes as fighters, something they've never done before until now. If he can get that, Geno as a fighter is no sweat.

And then consider Doomguy: Why would you go through the trouble of liscencing a foreign IP for use in Smash and only use it for a couple of Mii costumes? This would be like if they went to Microsoft to liscence the Minecraft IP for a Steve/Alex costume and a Creeper hat rather than Banjo as a fighter. Why go to the immense effort for that when you could surely go bigger?

Furthermore, we've never had a situation where we got a new costume to match with a returning costume, and for the life of me I don't see a good reason as to why you'd do that. If you're bringing back the Geno costume, why add in a Mallow hat? Wouldn't the Geno costume be enough? The way I see it, the only reason you'd add in a costume/hat for a less popular character (Mallow for Geno, Cacodemon for Doomguy) is because you intend to package those costumes with a fighter.
Doom guy especially I have a hard time visualizing a full move set unless master hand gives him a smash a proved arsenal. Huge doom and geno fan so it’s definitely possible , and if anyone could do it sakurai could.
Doomguy has plenty to work with. I'd highly recommend you check out the Doomguy thread, they've got plenty of moveset ideas. Plus, it could use some more love.
We must not reach the 2000 page, that's the year where our computers break, the Y2K!
Right, we should stall for as long as possible and use this as leverage to get Geno in Smash. If they don't get him in by next year, we'll hit 2000 pages, causing all the nukes in the world to launch all at once, destroying civilization as we know it!
What if the Mallow and Cacodemon leak pointed towards who FP5 is and Sabi was completely wrong? Or the NoA source was wrong about FP5 not being Geno or Doom Slayer if this is real. Either way.
If that's the case, I'll be popping off like no tomorrow.

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I genuinely think character #5 is Waluigi. As time goes on, it seems that more and more people are willing to speak to Paragon’s character, so I doubt he was lying about the C&D or “poking fun at Sabi” when he mentioned it, especially since Fatmanonice Fatmanonice has later said that people behind the scenes believe what happened to Paragon to be real and are therefore TERRIFIED of talking about Waluigi despite the fact that EVERYONE has heard about him. Also, why would Nintendo go to the trouble to C&D him in the first place? Probably not Luminary and Banjo because literally everyone and their mother was talking about both of them at that point. Could be the Undertale stuff, but he actually misinterpreted the information he had to begin with, so I doubt they would have C&D’d the guy because he got two characters right that everyone else was saying shortly before their reveal + he had some minor Undertale information right and bungled it up. No, Waluigi is the logical answer here, at least combined with everything else. That was a reveal they were planning for half a year later that Paragon knew about, which means they had to nip him in the bud early to send a message to other leakers. And it sounds like they got the picture.

You know, we’ve been talking about timeline stuff in terms of Geno and how the Grinch leak may have bumped off his Mii costume from releasing alongside Hero so that he could potentially be post-pass DLC, and that’s all well and good, but let’s take a second to consider Waluigi’s timeline, shall we? Ultimate’s big official reveal was at E3 2018, and there were precious few deconfirmations at the time since barely any Assist Trophies were shown off. I’d argue the only two major ones were Bomberman and Waluigi. But even though I certainly saw a few Bomberman fans upset at his deconfirmation, NOTHING hit the internet harder than Waluigi being relegated to an Assist Trophy for the third game in a row. You were all there for it, so I don’t need to elaborate much at all, but everyone and their mother was making memes about it, there was so much public upset about it, Sakurai blocked a guy for pestering him about it too much and people were using that one guy as a way to blame the whole Waluigi fanbase for going too far... it was a real mess. Waluigi was the first big example of public upset over a deconfirmation. No way in hell no one noticed at Nintendo, especially since Sakurai literally had to block someone on Twitter over it.

Keep in mind all of this was happening mid-June 2018. Now knowing what we know about the Fighter’s Pass, it seems negotiations were still ongoing for it during the time, and perhaps reaching their conclusion since apparently all the DLC had been decided by about 5 months later, since Sakurai said shortly after the November 1st Smash Direct on his personal Twitter that all the DLC had already been decided so people shouldn’t campaign for anyone for the pass. This means that any public opinion from the Direct itself and the backlash from the Grinch leak could not be used to sway the outcome of the pass. But Waluigi’s public backlash was months ago; timeline-wise, he’s the perfect fit for the last DLC character of the Fighter’s Pass. And of course, it naturally makes PERFECT SENSE for Nintendo to choose him as a DLC pick and for Sakurai, the man who constantly wants to push the envelope and make everyone happy, who had already put in Ridley and K. Rool in the base roster and who approved Banjo for DLC, to approve Waluigi as well. And wouldn’t that be an even better final thank-you character than Lloyd would have been as a last send-off to the game?

Call me crazy if you want wynn728 wynn728 , but I think it’s happening. No memes, no bull. With all of this circumstantial evidence, insider talk, tons of third-party deconfirmations, Vergeben’s first-party backpedaling, and the increasing validity of Paragon’s leak, I genuinely put my full commitment into the belief that Waluigi really is our last Fighter’s Pass character unless further information comes out that makes me doubt this. Wah!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just got back from watching Joker. Movie was great dark and disturbing and deals with it's take on mental illness dealt with in a mature and respectful way. Bravo Todd Philipps, Joaquin Phoenix, Zazie Beetz, Robert De Nero, Francias Conroy, and the entire cast. Great movie.

Anyway back on topic how's everything been today?

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Yeah, the general character spec is too crowded and too easy for things to get lost in the shuffle. I like these single character threads that branch into different topics because it's sort of cozy; everyone knows your name

Like Cheers!

View attachment 251334
Uhhhh I know next to nothing about Cheers except for the theme song and some of the characters but my hand was forced:

7FA4AB46-5051-4251-868B-DC94C5A460D9.jpeg

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I may not be a part of this community, but I've kept an eye for awhile and you're easily the most wholesome, truly good person on this character thread. For Sabi to have committed the acts they have and you to still hold back takes a lot of integrity, and that's unsurprising coming from you. The community needs to look more towards people like you as figureheads.
Honestly, I don't want to be a figurehead. I don't want to be a pariah or whatever the heck for this community or ANYTHING anywhere NEAR Smash. It's a terrible place to be and I do not see why it's coveted. If people like me as a person or whatever, cool. That's nice to hear I've made any kind of positive impact. What am I, though? Well, what is a woman? Just a miserable little pile of secrets.

I don't want to be some this, that, or the other. I just stand up for what I believe in, and what I believe in is that Sabi's moral alignment sure doesn't intersect with my own.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Just got back from watching Joker. Movie was great dark and disturbing and deals with it's take on mental illness dealt with in a mature and respectful way. Bravo Todd Philipps, Joaquin Phoenix, Zazie Beetz, Robert De Nero, Francias Conroy, and the entire cast. Great movie.

Anyway back on topic how's everything been today?
That gif where everything is on fire and someone brings in some pizzas

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Are you guys ready for The Game Awards or what?
At this point I'm not sure if I even want to trust Sabi and I'm a bit skeptical towards Vergeben. So I don't even know how to approach speculation until FP5 is revealed. The Cacomallow leak is still living so maybe Geno or Doom Slayer is FP5 afterall. Hopefully. If one of them comes with their respective costume in the leak, the other character is basically a lock. But yes, I'm excited for the Game Awards. I'm hoping Smash wins some awards.

Last edited:

cosmicB

Smash Ace
This being a community or whatever shouldn’t be an excuse to be blatantly off-topic though. That’s my point. If people want to discus completely unrelated characters there are threads for that and at the end of the day it’s actually unfair for those of us who only want to discuss Geno and therefore spend most of our time here.
I agree with this. It's unfair to Geno and unfair to the other characters as well.

Some of the characters people have expressed a desire for in here have threads with less than 10 pages. Don't you think the people in there would want to see that they're more supported than they think? Why turn an individual character thread into general newcomer speculation when so many can use the support?

It's weird to see people have such wide-reaching conversations about their hopes and dreams with this game, yet not once venturing outside the thread.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I genuinely think character #5 is Waluigi. As time goes on, it seems that more and more people are willing to speak to Paragon’s character, so I doubt he was lying about the C&D or “poking fun at Sabi” when he mentioned it, especially since Fatmanonice Fatmanonice has later said that people behind the scenes believe what happened to Paragon to be real and are therefore TERRIFIED of talking about Waluigi despite the fact that EVERYONE has heard about him. Also, why would Nintendo go to the trouble to C&D him in the first place? Probably not Luminary and Banjo because literally everyone and their mother was talking about both of them at that point. Could be the Undertale stuff, but he actually misinterpreted the information he had to begin with, so I doubt they would have C&D’d the guy because he got two characters right that everyone else was saying shortly before their reveal + he had some minor Undertale information right and bungled it up. No, Waluigi is the logical answer here, at least combined with everything else. That was a reveal they were planning for half a year later that Paragon knew about, which means they had to nip him in the bud early to send a message to other leakers. And it sounds like they got the picture.

You know, we’ve been talking about timeline stuff in terms of Geno and how the Grinch leak may have bumped off his Mii costume from releasing alongside Hero so that he could potentially be post-pass DLC, and that’s all well and good, but let’s take a second to consider Waluigi’s timeline, shall we? Ultimate’s big official reveal was at E3 2018, and there were precious few deconfirmations at the time since barely any Assist Trophies were shown off. I’d argue the only two major ones were Bomberman and Waluigi. But even though I certainly saw a few Bomberman fans upset at his deconfirmation, NOTHING hit the internet harder than Waluigi being relegated to an Assist Trophy for the third game in a row. You were all there for it, so I don’t need to elaborate much at all, but everyone and their mother was making memes about it, there was so much public upset about it, Sakurai blocked a guy for pestering him about it too much and people were using that one guy as a way to blame the whole Waluigi fanbase for going too far... it was a real mess. Waluigi was the first big example of public upset over a deconfirmation. No way in hell no one noticed at Nintendo, especially since Sakurai literally had to block someone on Twitter over it.

Keep in mind all of this was happening mid-June 2018. Now knowing what we know about the Fighter’s Pass, it seems negotiations were still ongoing for it during the time, and perhaps reaching their conclusion since apparently all the DLC had been decided by about 5 months later, since Sakurai said shortly after the November 1st Smash Direct on his personal Twitter that all the DLC had already been decided so people shouldn’t campaign for anyone for the pass. This means that any public opinion from the Direct itself and the backlash from the Grinch leak could not be used to sway the outcome of the pass. But Waluigi’s public backlash was months ago; timeline-wise, he’s the perfect fit for the last DLC character of the Fighter’s Pass. And of course, it naturally makes PERFECT SENSE for Nintendo to choose him characters and for Sakurai, the man who constantly wants to push the envelope and make everyone happy, who had already put in Ridley and K. Rool in the base roster and who approved Banjo for DLC, to approve Waluigi as well. And wouldn’t that be an even better final thank-you character than Lloyd would have been as a last send-off to the game?

Call me crazy if you want wynn728 wynn728 , but I think it’s happening. No memes, no bull. With all of this circumstantial evidence, insider talk, tons of third-party deconfirmations, Vergeben’s first-party backpedaling, and the increasing validity of Paragon’s leak, I genuinely put my full commitment into the belief that Waluigi really is our last Fighter’s Pass character unless further information comes out that makes me doubt this. Wah!
You know what? this actually makes sense

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Christ I want that waluigi/geno reveal so bad. I know deep down there's no way were going to get 2 with nintendo's track record but a guy can dream.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
As ready as I'll ever be. By the way, be sure to VOTE!

I still blame Discord.

Maybe it was like some sort of advanced as **** Power Rangers toy with "FIST-FIRING ACTION!"? Oh god, now I'm imagining Geno as a character from a Super Sentai TV show...

The reason I think that, if the CacoMallow post is real, that it means Geno and Doomguy as fighters is because of how ridiculously tone-deaf it'd be to do otherwise. Like, you know that people have wanted Geno as a fighter for years, but rather than including them as such you decided to just repackage an old Mii Costume and throw in a freebie? That makes little sense to me and I hightly doubt Sakurai is the kind of guy to settle given his impeccable track record so far. Man's got SquareEnix to outright push for their heroes as fighters, something they've never done before until now. If he can get that, Geno as a fighter is no sweat.

And then consider Doomguy: Why would you go through the trouble of liscencing a foreign IP for use in Smash and only use it for a couple of Mii costumes? This would be like if they went to Microsoft to liscence the Minecraft IP for a Steve/Alex costume and a Creeper hat rather than Banjo as a fighter. Why go to the immense effort for that when you could surely go bigger?

Furthermore, we've never had a situation where we got a new costume to match with a returning costume, and for the life of me I don't see a good reason as to why you'd do that. If you're bringing back the Geno costume, why add in a Mallow hat? Wouldn't the Geno costume be enough? The way I see it, the only reason you'd add in a costume/hat for a less popular character (Mallow for Geno, Cacodemon for Doomguy) is because you intend to package those costumes with a fighter.

Doomguy has plenty to work with. I'd highly recommend you check out the Doomguy thread, they've got plenty of moveset ideas. Plus, it could use some more love.

Right, we should stall for as long as possible and use this as leverage to get Geno in Smash. If they don't get him in by next year, we'll hit 2000 pages, causing all the nukes in the world to launch all at once, destroying civilization as we know it!

If that's the case, I'll be popping off like no tomorrow.
A point that I haven’t seen brought up very often in relation to cacomallow is the fact that just because you can mod something very similarly to something else doesn’t mean said thing is automatically fake. Maybe this just comes from the leak just looking very legit in terms of design and whatnot. But like if someone wanted they could have probably replicated the K. Rool mii hat in 4 if it was leaked or any of the mii costumes that have debuted in SSBU.

I just don’t understand why the possibility of being imitated was to some people a point to them therefore being fake. They could be or they couldn’t be. It’s more of a neutral thing when you think about it that really just shows things can be accurately made by modders.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
If no one minds, I'd like to share the time when I thought Geno was in for 4 seconds.
On the day of the November Direct, even after Incineroar was revealed, even when Sakurai said he revealed all of the base game fighters, I still had hope that Geno was in base game, somehow. I did think the Piranha Plant trailer was Geno for a bit as well, and I did get mad at that (Plant is a cool character and it was just mostly in the moment anger), but I also got tricked a second time: The World of Light trailer. I... didn't exactly see Kirby escape from the beam. Nor did I have sound on to hear the Warp Star noises when it was coming down. When I saw that star coming down, I thought it could have actually been Geno. But it was just Kirby.
I doubt anyone else thought Kirby on a Warp Star was Geno, but I sure did. Either way, I still hope for Geno, and he's one of my most wanted characters, so I believe he'll make it in soon.
While I probably would not really welcomed more Mario reps in this game, I do say plant piranha wasn't a pleasant thing as this shows Sakurai prefers wtf to fanservice when they don't want to choose by significance.

As for world of lights part, it'd be too optimistic to expect a Mario rep reveal since Geno isn't objectively tremendous in comparison of all Smash fighters. If that epic trailer was for a character reveal, it's have to be a really big name from a new franchise. I think Geno reveal would fit more in a normal Mario game scenario.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah I'm gonna trust you on this as you're a friend of mine so honestly what Sabi must've done must've been pretty terrible if unfairly discrediting Paragon and making people lose their jobs is the minimum you and Fatman could tell us.

After hearing all this I sincerely hope that Sabi leaves the Smash community we don't need people looking up to the sorts of people who do this kind of stuff. First saying stuff she shouldn't have towards y'know who (even though said person is still really bad) then going on and doing this stuff for e-cred? Absolutely terrible I sincerely hope someone with more credit and a better character takes their place or I'd even take no insider over what/who we have now.

Absolutely horrible and horrid stuff so thank you for talking out about this also not going out and spilling everything really speaks to your character so good job btw.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Keep in mind all of this was happening mid-June 2018. Now knowing what we know about the Fighter’s Pass, it seems negotiations were still ongoing for it during the time, and perhaps reaching their conclusion since apparently all the DLC had been decided by about 5 months later, since Sakurai said shortly after the November 1st Smash Direct on his personal Twitter that all the DLC had already been decided so people shouldn’t campaign for anyone for the pass. This means that any public opinion from the Direct itself and the backlash from the Grinch leak could not be used to sway the outcome of the pass. But Waluigi’s public backlash was months ago; timeline-wise, he’s the perfect fit for the last DLC character of the Fighter’s Pass. And of course, it naturally makes PERFECT SENSE for Nintendo to choose him characters and for Sakurai, the man who constantly wants to push the envelope and make everyone happy, who had already put in Ridley and K. Rool in the base roster and who approved Banjo for DLC, to approve Waluigi as well. And wouldn’t that be an even better final thank-you character than Lloyd would have been as a last send-off to the game?

Just to quickly comment on this since I have personally talked to Paragon on this topic... They never got an explanation for why they got the C&D. Yes, a lot of it wound up being true but there was false things too. For example, I talked to the source that originally told Paragon that they heard a rumor that Luminary was going to be revealed at the Smash tournament. It was definitely a grab bag of things. Basically what happened, according to Paragon, is that someone sent their personal info to Nintendo to frame them as a leaker despite only, ironically, doing what I do and speculating with insider rumors and info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom