• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Context? What's going on with sabi this time?
He has ****ed up big time and done awful stuff to a person who deserves the least to be messed up with (Paragon).

You may know him from that Discord server I redid recently on which you joined.

D

Deleted member

He has ****ed up big time and done awful stuff to a person who deserves the least to be messed up with (Paragon).

You may know him from that Discord server I redid recently on which you joined.
What did Sabi **** up? Messing up isn't exactly news when Sabi is the topic.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
I have a feeling we’re gonna get a lot of negative reception from this. But that’s okay, we’ve dealt with worse! I’m gonna head out for the rest of the day, but keep it real Genobros, show them all just how awesome this thread is.
And Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , thanks for being honest with us. It means a lot to me and I’m sure everyone else here.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I'm honestly sorry for anything bad that has happened. this is one of the kindest internet communities I have seen. Y'all don't deserve this.
I'm still on the dark too, but from my few months of experience with this thread, I can say without a doubt that most of the people here are among the nicest I've seen on the internet. Whatever it is that's happened, I hope we can push through.

Last edited:

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Holy **** things have gotten crazy. Stay strong Genobros, we can weather this out. Also, mega props to Fatman, I knew you had it in you.

Lastly, to people that want/need to duck out like MissingGlitch MissingGlitch , Ill miss you guys, but do what ya gotta.

D

Deleted member

I have a feeling we’re gonna get a lot of negative reception from this. But that’s okay, we’ve dealt with worse! I’m gonna head out for the rest of the day, but keep it real Genobros, show them all just how awesome this thread is.
And Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , thanks for being honest with us. It means a lot to me and I’m sure everyone else here.
I’ll try my best to keep myself controlled as much as possible.

It will be hard doh, knowing that Paragon has been dealing with this for too long.

But I’ll try my best.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
well Fatmanonice Fatmanonice if you want to go through with this I only ask you wait until you are absolutely sure sabi is gone for good and no amount of noise this would raise could incite a responce. Also probably best to try and distance it from us and this thread as much as possible because the last thing we need is more raiders.

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
This whole situation is sad. We just want to get together to share in our love for Geno and hope that he has a chance to come post-pass as DLC.

I don't want us to constantly be downwind from all this leaker stuff and be constantly thrust into the limelight in a negative way just to consistently take the brunt of negativity and make people not want Geno because they start to equate him and his fans with other, more toxic aspects of the Smash community as a whole.

Geno's a cool star dude who holds a lot of nostalgia for a bunch of people, and who Sakurai has expressed wanting in for 3 games straight now. In my experience, I've never interacted with a Geno fan who was crazed or toxic, but I've seen a lot of people enter this thread and claim the entire community of Geno supporters - in the Geno Support Thread - to be toxic as a whole, on the basis of a few bad apples who I personally have not seen to exist during my time here on the site and supporting Geno through both SM4SH and now Ultimate. That doesn't mean they don't exist, because tbh they will always exist somewhere. But my point is that all the regulars here, Fatman included, are honestly all pretty chill and realistic about Geno's chances - and there's a reason why there's hope now where there wasn't before.

Stay classy everybody, don't let things like the Sabi drama get us down. No matter what happens or what people may say or do, the fact of the matter is that we're all here to support Geno, and our love and support for Geno doesn't and shouldn't change based on other people, because they'll come and go and eventually, when Geno gets in by the end of this DLC cycle - and I am confident in that based on a number of factors that have been reiterated numerous times over the course of this thread's existence and over the Ultimate DLC lifecycle up to now - this will be nothing more than a bumpy road footnote in the history of showing our support for Geno to will him into Smash just like we as fans did for Ridley, K. Rool and Banjo this cycle, Mega Man last cycle, and Sonic, Wario and Diddy during the time of Brawl, amongst many others.
I'm sorry but your post was amazing.
PicsArt_12-08-06.01.02-1.jpg

D

Deleted member

What did Sabi **** up? Messing up isn't exactly news when Sabi is the topic.
Blackmailing and getting people fired from their jobs from what I can make out of it. Very screwy and messy stuff if true and Sabi will most likely leave the Smash Community after the game awards which IMO is kind of a good thing (the latter not the former).

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Blackmailing and getting people fired from their jobs from what I can make out of it. Very screwy and messy stuff if true and Sabi will most likely leave the Smash Community after the game awards which IMO is kind of a good thing (the latter not the former).
Doesn’t help that he messed up with Paragon of all people.

D

Deleted member

Damn, a lot of people viewing this thread.

I know this has been said tons of times, but we (me included) should take a step back and realize at the end of the day, this is just a game. One we're passionate about, but still a game. Becoming this obsessed over it and essentially making it your personality is crazy.

I honestly don't really much care for the drama at this point, I just want to get the Fighter's Pass over and done with.

We take this way too seriously sometimes.
I agree with that.

If people didn’t care this goddam much about leaks, none of this would have happened.

D

Deleted member

Smells like a publicity stunt.

1. She has her own following with a discord of 1000 members. Chances are she'll continue doing what she's doing over there and maybe on her twitter
  2. Waiting until after the VGA tells me she wants to end this on a big note instead of now. The fact she wants to make this dramatic means this is a game to her. She's not learning anything.
  3. What are the actual consequences in line for her? If there are none beyond a loss of followers, nothing will change for them and there's no risk.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I will honestly take a minor break from this thread until we get to a more peaceful situation.

Right now I am too heated to post, so I’ll go to PMs.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Wait, some people are leaving for a little while? What's exactly going on here? Are things about to go south? I'm so confused. So much development happened in the last couple hours I lost track of it all.

Also, hello there, guests. Yeah, all 250+ of you. Wassup?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, Sabi hurt a lot of people and made them lose their jobs. I am not one to harm, but I believe Sabi deserves a moment where I meet them and tell them "Go to Hell." Yeah, that is a bit harsh, but it would fit after all they have done, at least.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Wait, some people are leaving for a little while? What's exactly going on here? Are things about to go south? I'm so confused. So much development happened in the last couple hours I lost track of it all.

Also, hello there, guests. Yeah, all 250+ of you. Wassup?
The short answer is: most likely

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Goodness this a bit overwhelming. I can’t say I’m surprised by all this, I never totally trusted Sabi, and I think we actually butted heads a bit once over me asking for clarification on something. Thank you for sharing this info with us fatman, but please make sure this doesn’t put you in harm’s way

Honestly I can’t wait until the VGAs pass and we can dismantle this whole insider thing. It’s been weighing down speculation and the general community.

Last edited:

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Damn, I gave Sabi too much credit when I said they were at least good at their job. This is the actual kind of negative force this community should push back against, and I'm glad you guys are capable of recognizing someone you look up to has fallen too far and are willing to cast them away.

D

Deleted member

Smells like a publicity stunt.

1. She has her own following with a discord of 1000 members. Chances are she'll continue doing what she's doing over there and maybe on her twitter
  2. The fact that she's waiting until after the VGA tells me she wants to end this on a big note instead of now. The fact she wants to make this dramatic means this is a game to her. She's not learning anything.
  3. What are the actual consequences in line for her? If there are none beyond a loss of followers, nothing will change for them and there's no risk.
You'll have to ask Fatmanonice Fatmanonice about that last part as he didn't give us the entire thing due to reasons which I don't know. If there are no consequences it's probably a publicity stunt I'll agree with you there.

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice
So at the very least from what I can gather from this Sabi is leaving the Smash Scene altogether after the game awards? If so then good. They're full of **** and I had a hunch about that for awhile now plus them saying what they said to Memoryman (still hate that guy but he shouldn't be bullied like that, Nobody should) was super twisted. I'm glad they're leaving if they do so.

Hopefully we can get a better leaker who isn't so wishy-washy and a full on egomaniac eventually more like base game Verge to the post-game Sabi. But yeah Sabi is totally awful and thank you for sharing the info.
Regarding MemoryMan, he absolutely deserves whatever **** is flinged at him. He's constantly transphobic in an attempt to purely upset people, and on top of that harasses women for feet pics.

IMG_20191208_131428.jpg

IMG_20191208_131737.jpg

I dont care if you all hate Sabi for being a leaker or whatever, but let's not act like Memoryman is at all a better person.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Goodness this a bit overwhelming. I can’t say I’m surprised by all this, I never totally trusted Sabi, and I think we actually butted heads a bit once over me asking for clarification on something. Thank you for sharing this info with us fatman, but please make sure this doesn’t but you in harm’s way

Honestly I can’t wait until the VGAs pass and we can dismantle this whole insider thing. It’s been weighing down speculation and the general community.
Nether did I fully trust them, but though we did not know about this before, we gave them way too much attention than we should of. I wouldn't be surprised if they were wrong on the disconfirmed characters, or some of them at least.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom